Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/vr/ - Retro Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 1016 KB, 1449x1468, Akagawa Jiro Yasoukyoku (SLPS-01415) (Front).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4307167 No.4307167 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

retro cover art kino

>> No.4307180
File: 1.00 MB, 640x640, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4307180

>> No.4307186
File: 73 KB, 588x896, box01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4307186

Wizardry 1 has to be my favorite box for a video game. Even when it's beat the hell up, it still has a certain "old magical tome" aesthetic that nails down what Sir-Tech was going for.

>> No.4307189

>minimalism is kino
???

jk it's pretty good

>> No.4307196
File: 2.56 MB, 1722x2632, 2893126-w2_kod_front.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4307196

>>4307186
Might as well bring up 2-5 as well. Wasn't crazy about the art for 6 or 7, and 8 was just fucking lazy.

>> No.4307208
File: 132 KB, 673x1024, WizardryLlylgamyn_box_4b_zpsa3664355.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4307208

>>4307196

>> No.4307221
File: 186 KB, 800x1222, 308326-wizardry-the-return-of-werdna-the-fourth-scenario-apple-ii-front-cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4307221

>>4307208

>> No.4307225

>>4307186
That cover really is something else. Everything, from the type of the title to the illustration, flows together so well

>> No.4307228
File: 97 KB, 800x553, 21449-wizardry-v-heart-of-the-maelstrom-snes-front-cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4307228

>>4307221
Wizardry V is unique in that its computer package looks like actual shit, while the SNES version comes out on top.

>> No.4307268
File: 30 KB, 450x438, 176087-Akagawa_Jiro_-_Yasoukyoku_2_(Japan)-1453007783.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4307268

>>4307167
>Akagawa Jiro Yasoukyoku
Two questions.
What are these games?
Are they English patched?

>> No.4307279
File: 25 KB, 640x640, Akagawa Jirou Majotachi no Nemuri.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4307279

>>4307268
they're japanese sound novels based on the works of famous mystery writer akagawa jiro.
no english translation, and there probably never will be.

>> No.4307285

>>4307279
Damned shame. Even the game itself looked stylish as fuck. Liked the 1-tone semi-invisible looks they chose for the characters.

>> No.4307289
File: 391 KB, 1024x439, 448347923_b1f9277a00_b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4307289

I fucking love Silver Case so far, too.

>> No.4307315
File: 3.25 MB, 3392x2920, Sega Saturn Real Bout Garou Densetsu Front Cover Alt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4307315

>> No.4307320
File: 1.84 MB, 3192x2012, Kotetsu_Teikoku_MD_A.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4307320

>> No.4307329
File: 283 KB, 1178x1600, df1-5213177.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4307329

Tempted to just dump psygnosis box art and get it over with, but I'm bigger than that goddammit.

>> No.4307412
File: 10 KB, 272x386, Ultima_VII_Black_Gate_box.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4307412

>> No.4307414
File: 324 KB, 800x1164, sundog_-_frozen_legacy_ftl_(usa)_d7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4307414

>> No.4307424
File: 176 KB, 640x480, Daggerfall Box 3 (title).gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4307424

>>4307329
the blue Daggerfall covers will always be superior to the black ones.

>> No.4307425
File: 250 KB, 850x1200, ff_realbout.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4307425

>>4307315
this neo geo is pure kino

>> No.4307453
File: 122 KB, 294x418, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4307453

>>4307167
Have you play both games? I'd say the second one is actually better written than the first. it ties up a lot of lose ends and you finally get to see the history behind the shutterd room and the previous inhabitants of the house. Still Akagawa is a mediocre writer, out of the PlayStation sound novels besides obviously Machi I would go to say that Ouma ga toki is the best. If you like Nocturne though I'd really recommend the Hayarigami trilogy for PSP those are my favorite ones

>> No.4307457
File: 155 KB, 859x784, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4307457

>>4307285
That look has been common and popular since the SFC sound novel days - all of the games used them Otogirisou, Getsumen no Anubisu, Zakuro no Aji, Etc

>> No.4307461

>>4307320
Midgar?

>> No.4307463

>>4307461
Circa 1992

>> No.4307569
File: 193 KB, 708x708, wizardry12pce.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4307569

>>4307186
>>4307196
The PC engine version of I and II is also pretty rad

>> No.4307646
File: 150 KB, 652x640, panzerdragoonJPbox.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4307646

>>4307569

>> No.4307652
File: 49 KB, 640x640, boku_no_natsuyasumi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4307652

>> No.4307667
File: 73 KB, 761x600, +.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4307667

I love the Dreamcast logo on the case corners in Japanese DC games.

>> No.4308004

>>4307453
Is Machi really as good as it's rumored to be? I'm not far enough in my studies to read it mostly unaided, but it also doesn't look too hard to get through.

>> No.4308008

>>4307320
This is beautiful

>> No.4308009

>>4307667
People kinda like to poke fun at how Japanese devs and graphic designers love to just throw text everywhere, but I think this actually looks really cool.

>> No.4308018
File: 150 KB, 800x788, IMG_1610.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308018

>> No.4308031
File: 36 KB, 620x666, 6072_front.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308031

>>4308009
I've always loved it myself, especially when it's done right.

>> No.4308039

>>4308018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rGKXner5Ig

>> No.4308053

>>4308018
Game is shit and so is the cover. You know you're in for trouble when there are typos in the first 10 minutes of text.

>> No.4308079
File: 35 KB, 225x350, 51242.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308079

>>4308018
hi kamille

>> No.4308091

>>4308018
This ain't kino

>> No.4308095

>>4307186
>A Fantasy Role-Playing Simulation
Why is my dick getting hard over this description?

>> No.4308101
File: 99 KB, 500x684, IMG_1611.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308101

>> No.4308103

>>4308004
Oh it definitely deserves all the praise that it gets this is the apotheosis of the sound novel period and is definitely one of my top favorite games. My level is good, I've passed the N2, and even I needed to use a dictionary at some points, but overall it's not that difficult of a game. You should check it out and see how it is for you, I'd say that an intermediate level person would be able to play most of the game and get most of the meaning but you'd miss a lot of the flavor text and fine details / special vocabulary. But seriously, play it when you have the time, it's truly one of the best experiences I've had with not just a sound novel/visual novel but with stories in games in general. Finally I'll recommend that when you play it, try and get all of the bad endings because some of them are outright hilarious.

>> No.4308105

>>4308103
Hm hm, it's definitely on my list. For now I want to finish a few VNs, LNs, and manga as learning material so I can at least get a good grasp on grammar before I start getting into the stuff I REALLY wanna play. Machi is definitely one of the main games I wanted to learn for, though, so it's nice to have a goal. And I'll keep that in mind about getting the endings.

>> No.4308116
File: 191 KB, 709x709, IMG_1612.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308116

>> No.4308131

>>4308018
>>4308101
>>4308116

Three non-kino covers posted by the same person. Check the file names. Nice iphone anon, go back to lurking.

>> No.4308142

>>4308131
I posted the Darius one, it was the first hit on google images. You fail.

>> No.4308145

>>4308131

I think they're all pretty kino

>> No.4308170

>>4307167
>blurry image of a girl's face
>"kino"
Imagine being this mentally simple. But no, no, tell me more about how they is "underlying depth" and "subtlety". Ooh, maybe the moon runes are supposed to be like, like, tears, rite gaiz?

>> No.4308182 [DELETED] 

>>4308170
EPIC takedown by anon, OP TRULY is le faggot. If I could upboat this post I would x3

>> No.4308196

>>4308170

your favorite thing is shit

>> No.4308258
File: 299 KB, 882x1049, 1427067763007.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308258

>>4307167

>> No.4308262 [DELETED] 
File: 685 KB, 1200x1592, 1429109297489.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308262

>> No.4308263

>>4308170
>>4308131
There'd better not be more than one of this faggot.

>> No.4308265
File: 418 KB, 800x1102, 1429143706371.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308265

>> No.4308268
File: 101 KB, 640x813, 45afa951cf9d68513072fdc2417ab518.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308268

>> No.4308269
File: 108 KB, 640x866, 1429875882198.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308269

>> No.4308270

>>4308196

Why does this reply strike me as so amusing? I'm actually chuckling a little...

>> No.4308271

>>4308196
But my favorite thing isn't your mother?

>> No.4308273

>>4308265
that looks fucking amazing

has anyone played this game

>> No.4308274

>>4308271
So his mother's not shit? Hell of a pwn anon...

>> No.4308275

>>4308270
That right there is the essence of 4chan.

>> No.4308276
File: 1.01 MB, 1575x2024, 1442263517630.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308276

>> No.4308278
File: 1.13 MB, 1575x2024, 1442292783472.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308278

>> No.4308282 [DELETED] 
File: 326 KB, 800x1137, 1442646173779.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308282

>> No.4308286
File: 629 KB, 1591x1625, 1443699157056.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308286

>> No.4308292
File: 64 KB, 496x290, 1444394268750.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308292

>> No.4308295
File: 197 KB, 799x1026, 1444947128624.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308295

>> No.4308297
File: 129 KB, 640x873, 1454506598923.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308297

>> No.4308301 [DELETED] 
File: 287 KB, 575x806, 1456166448838.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308301

>> No.4308302

>>4308274
>So his mother's not shit? Hell of a pwn anon...
He said my favorite thing is shit. I said my favorite thing isn't his mother, implying his mother is shit. Is your reading comprehension this bad or are you literally retarded?

>> No.4308304 [DELETED] 
File: 325 KB, 1024x1403, 1463897427968.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308304

>> No.4308305
File: 190 KB, 850x1097, 1464416696157.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308305

>> No.4308307

>>4308263
>There'd better not be more than one of this faggot.
More than one person who has actual taste? Let's hope so. Now, I want a window into the mind of an autistic: explain to me what is good about OP's cover art, in the limited way that you are capable of explaining your faggotry.

>> No.4308308
File: 59 KB, 630x630, 1464905093940.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308308

>> No.4308309

>>4308302
"your favorite thing is shit" means that "whatever your favorite thing is, it's shit." by saying "my favorite thing isn't your mother," you're also saying "your mother isn't shit" so i don't know what universe you live in where your retarded interpretation of this course of events makes sense, but i legit cannot believe you doubled down on this dumbshittery instead of just leaving the thread. you're anon you don't have honor to defend just stop posting lmao

>> No.4308315
File: 206 KB, 743x956, 1469285289070.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308315

>> No.4308316

>>4308309
>"your favorite thing is shit" means that "whatever your favorite thing is, it's shit." by saying "my favorite thing isn't your mother," you're also saying "your mother isn't shit" so i don't know what universe you live in where your retarded interpretation of this course of events makes sense, but i legit cannot believe you doubled down on this dumbshittery instead of just leaving the thread. you're anon you don't have honor to defend just stop posting lmao
Holy fuck, imagine being this retarded.

>> No.4308317
File: 251 KB, 727x1243, 1472068382117.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308317

>> No.4308318
File: 323 KB, 1062x1500, 1481410738175.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308318

>> No.4308319

>>4308316
the only way in which i'm retarded is giving (you) responses kek NOBODY would parse your post as anything but a self own

>> No.4308321
File: 109 KB, 640x894, 1482222317180.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308321

>> No.4308323

>>4308319
>the only way in which i'm retarded is giving (you) responses kek NOBODY would parse your post as anything but a self own
Lmao this faggot is in full-on damage control mode right now.

>> No.4308325
File: 244 KB, 850x1194, 1483635844765.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308325

>> No.4308327

>>4308309
>"your favorite thing is shit" means that "whatever your favorite thing is, it's shit." by saying "my favorite thing isn't your mother," you're also saying "your mother isn't shit" so i don't know what universe you live in where your retarded interpretation of this course of events makes sense, but i legit cannot believe you doubled down on this dumbshittery instead of just leaving the thread. you're anon you don't have honor to defend just stop posting lmao
nigga i got no horse in this race but you stupid as fuck. shit wasnt hard to understand

>> No.4308328
File: 288 KB, 365x500, 1484443535494.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308328

>> No.4308329
File: 407 KB, 1825x1824, 1496054460842.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308329

>> No.4308330

is this /v/? where did all of these retarded shitposters come from?

>> No.4308332
File: 184 KB, 900x900, 1497125140479.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308332

>> No.4308334

>>4308319
>"your favorite thing is shit"
>"but my favorite thing isn't your mother"
>implying your mother is shit because if anyone liked shit, he would like your mother, because she is shit
Fuck this faggot for hating on good box art and his gay yomamma jokes, but god damn you are retarded.

>> No.4308335

>>4308327
listen pal, first off don't EVER talk to me like that. second off, it's not a matter of "not understanding," it's a matter of "this retard thinks he said something good, but actually, it's dumb." third off, let me explain this via greentext so you brainlets can understand it:
>your favorite thing is shit
>"my favorite thing isn't your mother, though"
>because his favorite thing isn't anon's mother, anon's mother isn't shit
>if she WAS his favorite thing, she'd be shit
>because she is NOT his favorite thing, she isn't
>if he had said "but my favorite thing is your mom," THEN he would be implying that his mom is shit
>however, he took the retarded way out and failed to do so
feel free to say "n-n-nnnuh uh actually it means his mother IS shit somehow!" though lmao

>> No.4308336
File: 2.34 MB, 1200x1687, 1497125830606.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308336

>> No.4308342
File: 3.46 MB, 1528x2100, 1497180994175.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308342

>> No.4308343

>>4308335
>>because his favorite thing isn't anon's mother, anon's mother isn't shit
>literally the opposite of how grammar works
Congratulations, you are officially the biggest dumb fuck currently browsing /vr/. Also,
>listen pal, first off don't EVER talk to me like that.
LOL watch out Omar, he's going to have an autistic breakdown if you call him stupid again.

>> No.4308347
File: 216 KB, 648x500, 1499384178087.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308347

>> No.4308349

>>4308343
>too fucking stupid to read and comprehend GREENTEXT which is barely even writing
Highschool dropout detected kek

>> No.4308350
File: 94 KB, 331x601, 1499384481743.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308350

>> No.4308351

>>4308349
>too fucking stupid to read and comprehend a joke
Current attendee at Special Ed detected.

>> No.4308356
File: 74 KB, 765x450, CxZgqTeXgAAoy0r.jpg large.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308356

>> No.4308358
File: 278 KB, 800x1129, tumblr_nqx243AhI81qd4q8ao1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308358

>> No.4308359

>>4308335
>feel free to say "n-n-nnnuh uh actually it means his mother IS shit somehow!" though lmao
but dude, that's literally the joke. i don't know how i can make this any simpler for you to understand in a way that anyone else hasn't already done, but if someone says "you like shit" and you say "i don't like your mother, though", that literally means "i don't like shit, because your mother IS shit". you are embarrassing yourself right now.

>> No.4308360
File: 241 KB, 540x737, tumblr_numi8q3Fvp1rr34bqo1_540.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308360

>> No.4308363
File: 356 KB, 1214x1239, ravaged.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308363

>>4308335
>listen pal, first off don't EVER talk to me like that. second off, it's not a matter of "not understanding," it's a matter of "this retard thinks he said something good, but actually, it's dumb."

>> No.4308364
File: 404 KB, 850x1103, tumblr_o2fv4rw1r61rr34bqo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308364

>> No.4308367

>>4308351
Consider if the conversation had gone like this:
>"your favorite thing is shit"
>"my favorite thing is your mother, though
In this situation, it'd mean that "because my favorite thing is your mother, your mother is shit." So are you going to try arguing that whether anon says she is or isn't his favorite thing, he's still calling her shit? I'd love to have you explain that for me.

>> No.4308368
File: 158 KB, 540x740, tumblr_o5ouylCWs91u1sv21o1_540.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308368

>> No.4308371
File: 92 KB, 483x672, tumblr_oi5cjkrzP11ulp8mfo6_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308371

>> No.4308373
File: 251 KB, 540x686, tumblr_ori3u0iFvU1ulp8mfo1_540.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308373

>> No.4308376
File: 134 KB, 540x709, tumblr_oszpx1ovQE1ulp8mfo2_540.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308376

>> No.4308379

>>4308367
the fallacy in your logic is that you think it can't go either way. if you say "my favorite thing is your mother, though", you are equating the mother to shit by saying that "my favorite thing IS shit, and thus it is your mother, because she is shit". Likewise, if you say "but my favorite thing isn't your mother", you are essentially denying liking shit because you DON'T like anon's mother, because she's shit.

>> No.4308380
File: 594 KB, 643x983, инок.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308380

>> No.4308382

>>4308379
Just stop, don't bother with him. He's literally fucking mentally retarded and he's just going to keep stamping his foot no matter how badly you rape his argument.

>> No.4308385

>>4308307
Fuck you and your shitposting. I don't have to prove shit to your autistic ass.

>> No.4308387

>>4308382
good point

>> No.4308390

>kino

Apparently I haven't been keeping up with buzzwords as I have no idea what the correct usage for "kino" is on 4chan nowadays. Can someone enlighten me?

>> No.4308391

>>4308379
>denying liking shit
If we're going for a good comeback to "liking shit," the comeback is "i like your mother, though," because that would imply "if i'm a shit-liker, and i like your mother, that means that she's shit."
on the other hand, on the premise of "he called me a shit-liker," if you say "based on the premise that i'm a shit-liker, i don't like your mom," you're basically not only not denying that you like shit, but also randomly mentioning that anon's mom isn't shit, because the premise is "i'm a shit-liker, huh?" you basically come out the other side with "i'm a shit-liker, but i don't like your mom, because if i did like her, she'd be shit, but since i'm a shit-liker and i don't like her, she's not." do you understand?

>>4308382
All you've done this entire time is say i'm wrong without even once presenting any points of your own so if anyone here is filling their diaper to capacity it's you, bud.

>> No.4308396
File: 488 KB, 764x880, ork-psygnosis.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308396

>>4308390
Just post pretty boxart and report the shitposters

>> No.4308397

>>4308390
the highest form of art

>> No.4308401
File: 232 KB, 209x207, 1505673743187.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308401

>>4308391
>All you've done this entire time is say i'm wrong without even once presenting any points of your own so if anyone here is filling their diaper to capacity it's you, bud.
>be anon
>have autistic breakdown over a mom joke
>start debating the semantics of grammar
>get told by myself and at least one other person why you're objectively wrong
>keep denying logic and repeating the same autistic argument over and over
>b-but you have no argument

>> No.4308402

>>4308401
>people who literally do not have any grasp on grammar at all keep saying "n-n-n-nuh uh you're wrong because you're retarded! here's your reaction image xD"
>somehow this means i'm "objectively wrong" all because you were too stupid and slow on your feet to write a proper comeback, do better in the future anon

>> No.4308415
File: 124 KB, 640x810, fade to black pc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308415

>>4307646

>> No.4308419

>>4308401
>>4308402
English teacher of 20 years and professional grammar Nazi here. Let me jump in on this.

Let's go over the conversation piece by piece. Anon #1 stated "your favorite thing is shit". This means that he, as in Anon #1, (((claims))) that Anon #2's favorite thing on earth is shit itself. Now, Anon #2 responds by saying "but my favorite thing is not your mother". Now, assuming Anon #2's favorite thing is (((not))) shit, then by him saying "my favorite thing is not your mother", he is saying "my favorite thing is not shit, because if it was, it would be your mother, because your mother is shit". Now, you could make the case that the meaning (and correctness) of this statement will differ depending on how it is implied. If "shit" implies anything that is poor, damaged, unsightly, etc., then it could go either way. However, if you are equating the mother to being shit itself, as in, the only "shit" that exists on planet earth is your mother, then it is grammatically correct no matter which way you slice things.

So basically, Anon #2 is mostly correct in his statement, but Anon #1 could potentially make the argument that this is an incorrect statement depending on how he personally interprets it.

I hope that clears things up. By the way, both of you are faggots.

>> No.4308421 [DELETED] 

>>4308419
Cool, so I'm basically just right either way and anon 1.0 is a retard. Yes, that does clear things up. Thanks doc.

>> No.4308423
File: 66 KB, 637x743, Final Doom.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308423

>>4308031
My personal favorites are that and this.

>> No.4308424
File: 176 KB, 700x655, kazenonotam.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308424

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQLBKGju_MI

>> No.4308427
File: 407 KB, 1920x1200, Perfect Dark Japanese poster.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308427

>>4308031
Here's the poster they made of that.

>> No.4308434
File: 1.37 MB, 1920x1080, Perfect Dark Japanese poster.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308434

>>4308427
>>4308031
And here's the wallpaper sized version of it.

>> No.4308435

>>4308421
Wrong. You're both retards and you only succeeded in demonstrating your unwarranted self importance in a thread that didn't in any way call for it.

>> No.4308436 [DELETED] 

>>4308435
>Wrong. You're both retards and you only succeeded in demonstrating your unwarranted self importance in a thread that didn't in any way call for it.
Hmm... yet, somehow, this doesn't make me feel any less awesome about being right. Strange.

>> No.4308447
File: 70 KB, 583x700, 18j2wwfk3j1exjpg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308447

>>4308436
Believe me. You're not awesome in the slightest. Here or anywhere. That autistic euphoria will pass and you'll have to be miserable again until the next time you wave your digital dick where it isn't wanted ad nauseum until you die alone, in an apartment if you're lucky.
Nobody here but that other autist gives a single fuck about whatever the hell you were both whining about. Now fuck off or contribute images to this image thread.

>> No.4308450 [DELETED] 

>>4308447
>Believe me. You're not awesome in the slightest.
Nah, I disagree.
>That autistic euphoria will pass and you'll have to be miserable again until the next time you wave your digital dick where it isn't wanted ad nauseum until you die alone, in an apartment if you're lucky.
Lmao look at this pseudo intellectual faggot and laugh.

>> No.4308458
File: 94 KB, 955x960, moonboxart.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308458

how did this thread go to shit so fast?

>> No.4308459

>>4308424
Jesus Christ I need this game.

>> No.4308463

>>4308458
Lazy janitors and two autistic shitposters. There could be 48 images of CP ITT and the mods wouldn't notice.

>> No.4308467

>>4308463
What if it was only one autistic shitposter and you were all bamboozled?

>> No.4308476
File: 334 KB, 1280x1542, ed5a6230e25e10f43cac5ad902da9e3d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308476

>>4308467
I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt for the sake of my own sanity.

>> No.4308491
File: 89 KB, 494x898, flashback_sfc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308491

kino platformer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6dHm44nQ3I

>> No.4308497
File: 129 KB, 800x546, eu_wetrix_n64.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308497

>>4308476
Don't worry, just kidding. There were two, and I was one of them. Now that the other faggot has been rightly decimated, enjoy some trippy cover art.

>> No.4308538
File: 67 KB, 509x512, madpaniccoastercover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308538

>> No.4308661

>>4308538
this game is really punk

>> No.4308678
File: 277 KB, 850x1204, 1415887088721.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308678

>> No.4308679
File: 85 KB, 640x962, 1429875999721.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308679

>> No.4308682
File: 533 KB, 1004x1204, 1429956548950.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308682

>> No.4308684
File: 125 KB, 727x845, 1429957596442.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308684

>>4308682

>> No.4308687
File: 282 KB, 558x800, 1429958388078.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308687

>>4308684

>> No.4308693
File: 106 KB, 640x896, 1462203346482.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308693

>>4308687

>> No.4308694
File: 178 KB, 500x691, 1462221410355.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308694

>>4308693
this muh favorite though

>> No.4308702
File: 667 KB, 500x904, 1462212788142.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308702

>>4308694

>> No.4308708
File: 125 KB, 640x1160, 1462213911834.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308708

>>4308702

>> No.4308946
File: 80 KB, 500x443, IMG_1613.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4308946

>> No.4309003

>>4308142
>coincidentally posting IMG_1612.jpg directly after IMG_1610.jpg and IMG_1611.jpg

okay.

>> No.4309008
File: 174 KB, 1816x501, 414.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4309008

>>4308270

>> No.4309012

>>4307167
only stupid fucking dumbass pieces of shit say "kino" ...... just fyi..... :)

>> No.4309021
File: 508 KB, 866x1550, WPJ.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4309021

>> No.4309093

>>4308131
egg actually (somewhat) passes under the kino definition.

I agree about the others, though.

>> No.4309115
File: 58 KB, 309x309, 1476875818714.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4309115

>>4308265
Is that Cynthia?

>> No.4309228
File: 412 KB, 1279x1280, Einhänder.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4309228

>>4307167

>> No.4309241
File: 259 KB, 1266x772, Artura.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4309241

>>4307167

>> No.4309254
File: 384 KB, 758x1190, Psycho Hopper.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4309254

>> No.4309531

>>4309012
Better than cinéma, the last high art meme word. Let em keep kino.

>> No.4309747

>>4309012
If I could force fuck you with the word kino I would and the event would forever be KINO.

>> No.4309762
File: 131 KB, 500x489, SLPS01299front.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4309762

one of my favorites

>> No.4309813
File: 426 KB, 2560x1440, romancing-saga-2-2560x1440.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4309813

>> No.4309861
File: 65 KB, 800x661, 240918-id-anthology-dos-front-cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4309861

Pure ludo art

>> No.4309886

>>4308273
Yes, I had it on the Amiga. You run about manhattan kicking people in the dick and down stairs.

>> No.4309930
File: 199 KB, 780x1051, a bid bed (for you).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4309930

>>4308419
it's basic logic and you can go fuck yourself with your supposed cred.

if favorite, then shit (a-->b)
if your mother, then not favorite (c-->!a)

you cannot get c-->b from that. it only sounds like a burn if you don't use your brain.

>>4308379
begging the question used to argue that someone else's argment is fallacious.

amazing.

>> No.4310048

>>4307320
Studio ghibli?

>> No.4310397

>>4307167
What is "kino?"

>> No.4310873
File: 1.02 MB, 1454x1473, SCPS-10131-F-ALL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4310873

>> No.4310882

>>4309930
>2 days later and this stupid faggot is still debating the semantics of a mom joke after being assblasted by three people and a fucking English teacher
You are extremely stupid.

>> No.4310960
File: 672 KB, 1389x1652, Inve$t.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4310960

>>4307167

>> No.4310983
File: 168 KB, 591x714, Targhan.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4310983

>>4310397
http://www.linguee.com/german-english/translation/kino.html

>> No.4312276
File: 212 KB, 736x1063, Godzilla vs Destoroyah by Mahiro Maeda.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4312276

>> No.4312324

>>4308269
Neat

>> No.4312485
File: 214 KB, 800x984, 255216-money-bags-beat-the-gnome-of-zurich-dos-front-cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4312485

>> No.4312569

>>4308268
I could swear this was done by MtG artist Carl Critchlow, but I have nothing to back that up other than it looking a lot like his style...

>> No.4312610
File: 316 KB, 640x911, Wonder Project J 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4312610

>>4309021

>> No.4312879
File: 104 KB, 640x650, IMG_1620.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4312879

>> No.4313005

>>4309762
a way classier cover than that game would warrant

>> No.4313071

>>4308269
That is the fucking definition of kino as far as I'm concerned.

>> No.4313524

Why did 80s computer games have the best covers? And why was the 5th gen the best time for console game covers?

>> No.4313580
File: 292 KB, 800x1158, Lament_of_Innocence_-_Cover_-_US_-_01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4313580

>> No.4313581
File: 262 KB, 800x1170, 256507-digital-devil-story-megami-tensei-nes-front-cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4313581

>> No.4313587

>>4310983
I don't understand, "cinema"? wtf?
Do you mean "artistic" but you're too hipster to be clear?

>> No.4313590

>>4309886
that sounds fucking awesome

>> No.4313856

>>4308258
>blood seed
How the fuck do I emulate this game

Do you have an image + emulator combo that both has music and doesn't crash every ten seconds?

>> No.4313862

>>4313581
Did Kitazume actually draw that or did they just trace him?

>> No.4313867
File: 27 KB, 250x346, 250px-Sysshock.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4313867

>> No.4313873

>>4307186
Well posted man.
That cover has an excellent mystique.

>> No.4313881

>>4313862
Dunno man. Seems like that painting style would be hard to replicate unless you wee co-workers with the guy it seems.

>> No.4313882

>>4308292
Man, Torment really could have done better in the box art department. It's the straggler of the infinity games in that regard.

>> No.4313921

>>4308031
Kino.

>> No.4313929

>>4308342
>Gandalf, Conan, and some bitch.

>> No.4314304
File: 172 KB, 600x900, RS1973CovBRareBenesVirg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4314304

>>4313929
Probably based on Red Sonja

>> No.4314502
File: 17 KB, 332x218, mother3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4314502

>> No.4314521

>>4314502
not retro

>> No.4314561
File: 811 KB, 781x775, cFnO4Au[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4314561

>>4308018

>> No.4315950

>>4314304
looks more like just some random warrior bitch

>> No.4316838
File: 94 KB, 800x1031, 247396-circuit-s-edge-dos-front-cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4316838

>> No.4317019

>>4314502
Looks like a communist country's flag.

>> No.4317039

>>4308018
This looks like it should be from the Atari/NES/SNES era of boxart, not the Dreamcast. Seems very out of place

>> No.4317409

>>4308265
amazing music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxG0QIigYIA

>> No.4317418
File: 294 KB, 618x876, FLwxDsr.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4317418

>>4308053
>>4308091
>>4308131
FUCK ALL OF YOU FAGS. EGG IS GOAT. it had a shit dub but has god tier aesthetics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9GxyEIiaFM

>> No.4317423
File: 76 KB, 500x433, t41501mfront.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4317423

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymIEKi9RSv4

>> No.4317437

>>4308276
Is there a more dignified RPG franchise?

>> No.4317439

>>4308286
I recognize this artist. Did a lot of shit that got published in Heavy Metal. Always loved his women.

>> No.4317443

>>4315950
You just described Red Sonja.

>> No.4317450
File: 162 KB, 800x1049, DGPmwSfWsAYmcZM.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4317450

BEHOLD

>> No.4317454

>>4317450
Fucking germans, lol.

>> No.4318108
File: 287 KB, 800x1169, 1357298518271.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4318108

>> No.4318112
File: 688 KB, 1575x1851, 1357298590584.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4318112

>> No.4318114
File: 532 KB, 889x1244, 1357301401135.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4318114

>> No.4318120
File: 591 KB, 1250x1515, 1357372861347.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4318120

>> No.4318123
File: 1.64 MB, 850x1203, 1376635681742.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4318123

>> No.4318125
File: 291 KB, 846x1134, 1379440093217.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4318125

>> No.4318128
File: 258 KB, 924x576, 1395984405440.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4318128

>> No.4318132
File: 101 KB, 640x925, Time-Lord-NES-Game-Cover-Art.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4318132

>> No.4318137
File: 2.60 MB, 1224x1680, tumblr_mdsz6tObDe1qd4q8ao1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4318137

>> No.4318165

>>4318128
Hey, that art is by the mangaka of Amai Seikatsu. Nice.

>> No.4318295

>>4317443
nah

>> No.4318314

>>4312569
Wikipedia cites him as the cover artist.

>> No.4318510

>>4308332
I have the movie on VHS. It's a masterpiece.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMZB7pTA1bK/

>> No.4318516
File: 187 KB, 800x1178, 253180-shin-goketsuji-ichizoku-tokon-matrimelee-neo-geo-front-cover[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4318516

>>4308371
Cute! Why don't we ever see armor like that in games anymore?

>> No.4318519

>>4308390
In the 4chan context it means "The highest form of art/artsy, but also ironically sometimes, because people who sincerely like it are try-hard intellectuals, but I also kinda like it, so sometimes I'll just call something kino to get a rise out of people"

>> No.4318520

>>4318128
Lucasarts games were so much comfier before Tim Schafer. Sure Monkey Island 1 and 2 are really good, but the special Ron Gilbert style of pacing and humor can't be beat. Play Thimbleweed Park!

>> No.4318575

>>4318123
>red text on an orange background

>> No.4318959

>>4318575
those guys must have been 90s website designers

>> No.4318986
File: 727 KB, 850x1117, 50000201.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4318986

>> No.4319132

>>4308427
>>4308434
Thanks for this, shame about the lossy compression though.

>> No.4319242
File: 116 KB, 596x1024, Bsa99xPCIAAKcqQ.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4319242

>>4318137
Burning Force is more future funk than kino.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NiDouC54Mw

>> No.4319248

>>4313587

It's a buzzword that originated in /tv/ but is now used across the site to describe "great art"

>> No.4320238
File: 51 KB, 250x355, SLPM-65013[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4320238

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action