Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/vr/ - Retro Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 63 KB, 800x627, IMG_2009.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4264394 No.4264394 [DELETED]  [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

N64 is superior to PlayStation.
Super Mario 64 is better than Poochie Bandicoot.
Legend of Zelda is better than Final Fantasy.
Super Smash Bros is better than every PS1 fight game.
Mario Kart 64 is better than Poochie Bandicoot Team Racing.
Goldeneye is better thane y'all Gear Solid.
Star Fox 64 is better than Ace Combat.
F-Zero X is better than Wipeout.
1080 is better than Cool Borders.
Wave Race is better than Jet Moto.

PS1 never had anything as innovative as Perfect Dark.
PS1 never had anything as fun and unique as Mario Party.
PS1 never had Star Wars games as good as Rogue Squadron or Shadows of the Empire.

All FPS games are superior on N64.
All 3D games are better on N64.

PS1 was literally a console for losers who had no friends and liked to play games alone in a dark room, while they pressed the X button to get to the next shitty cut scene video.

All of these are irrefutable facts.

>> No.4264406

too bad the N69 isn't one tenth as good as either the NES or SNES
heck, it's not even as good as the GamePube

>> No.4264414

Smash Bros isn't a fighting game.

>> No.4264420

>>4264394
The only true statements are that the N64 Legend of Zelda games are better than the PS1 Final Fantasy games, Goldeneye is better than Metal Ge ar Solid and Smash Bros is better than every PS1 fighting game. Everything else is some degree of opinion or flat out false

>> No.4264427

A thread died for this.

>> No.4264450

>Press X for the 30 second loading screen

>> No.4264464

>>4264394
>PS1 was literally a console for losers who had no friends

Gee, 100 million losers sure is a lot.

>> No.4264470

>>4264394
I like the n64, but Goldeneye is in no way better than MGS. Also, PS1 has tons of fighting games such as Tekken, SF Alpha, Soul Blade, Toshinden, KOF, Bushido Blade, whereas the 64 just has Smash Bros. PS1 also has JRPGs and a lot more great 2D games like Klonoa, Castlevania and Megaman. 64's a great system no doubt, especially its first party / Rare library, but PS1 i think has more variety with its games.

>> No.4264538

>>4264420
>Meme Bros better than SFA3, KOF98, Tekken 3

>> No.4264546

Too bad the controller was poorly designed

>> No.4264560

>>4264470
>I like the n64, but Goldeneye is in no way better than MGS.
Perfect Dark is better than MGS V.
>Also, PS1 has tons of fighting games such as Tekken, SF Alpha, Soul Blade, Toshinden, KOF, Bushido Blade, whereas the 64 just has Smash Bros.
You seem to be forgetting all the other fighting games for some reason.

>> No.4264571
File: 29 KB, 460x322, 1496036164168.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4264571

>>4264464

>watch as i don't refute his argument while also making it obvious i'm among the 100 million losers with no friends of whom he speaks! check mate, OP!

>> No.4264576

>>4264394
N64 lacked good sports games and RPGs. Most of the good games were made by Nintendo or Rare. It marked the end of Nintendo as a console dominator and gave rise to Sony and Microsoft.

>> No.4264637

>>4264464
>PS1 was liter.....LOADING.....ally a c.....LOADING.....onsole for losers who.....LOADING..... had no fri.....LOADING.....ends

>> No.4264661

this meme needs to stop
if you're here purely to defend your console of choice, you're not into gaming but into your status as a retro gamer

>> No.4264672

>>4264661
What if I like to trigger both sides because I enjoy the butthurt?

>> No.4264673

what about ridge raper and all the other racing and arcade games

>> No.4264691

>>4264576
>N64 lacked good sports games
U wot? The N64 had an endless assortment of great sports games, and also wrestling games.
>and RPGs.
I find when people say "RPGs", they mean "JRPGs". No shit, the console that wasn't popular in Japan didn't have a lot of Japanese RPGs. And the ones it did have didn't get localized.
>Most of the good games were made by Nintendo or Rare.
How is this true when they made a minority of the system's good games, with the rest coming from Lucasarts, Acclaim, Ubisoft, Capcom, and many others?

>> No.4264702

>Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy
>Goldeneye and MGS

What kind of comparison is that? These are completely different games.
Shitty bait.

>> No.4264709

The closest thing to GE on the PS1 were all the games that were created as shameless ripoffs such as Medal of Honor and Syphon Filter.

>> No.4264748

>>4264560
>You seem to be forgetting all the other fighting games for some reason.
Good job listing them.

>> No.4264752
File: 122 KB, 640x480, 37509-R-Type_Delta_[U]-3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4264752

>>4264394
Sorry, can't hear you over PS1's superior library.

>> No.4264764

>>4264748
Why should I? Fighting games a shit genre mostly made by Japs.

>> No.4264781

>>4264752
sick choice my brother, loved and still love delta

>> No.4264791

>>4264752
Developers tried making 2D N64 games. Nobody bought them. So they stopped making 2D N64 games.

>> No.4264795

>>4264394
i prefer games eith friends so n64 and gc were superior by a mile

pc had better shooters and rpgs, although the ps1 and 2 had a decent library by virtue of sheer variety. other than that i onoy liked the netal gear series. the rest of th ps catalogue was even worse than the modern shitfest

>> No.4264802

>>4264637
That's common for all early disc consoles. Obviously it's a moot point nowadays because discs are little more than keys and the actual game is downloaded and stored on the hard drive.
Flash memory is faster than an optical disk, but it's also more expensive and hasn't got much storage.

>> No.4264823

>>4264394
What is up with these threads?

>> No.4264824

>>4264394
If they just replaced the limited cartridge storage system with a cd player, they would have attracted more developers and playstation would have been dead on arrival.

>> No.4264843

>>4264824
load times.would have probably been really really bad. like, a minute between screens

>> No.4264849

>>4264823
I wouldn't be surprised if they're all being made by a single autist that either obsesses over the 64 or is falseflagging in attempt to drum up contempt for the comsole and it's fans.

I can think of one person here that's known to obviously samefag from time to time and has had a raging hateboner for the console as of late, but it's not like there's a shortage of genuine console warriors either so who knows which may be the culprit.
>>4264843
Would they really have been any worse than what was standard on the PSX and Saturn? Because that's the only standard they would have needed to reach.

>> No.4264921

>>4264673
Ridger RACER actually has a better version on the N64

>> No.4264929

>>4264823
I'd say OP is mad, because someone made a thread saying the DualShock controller>N64 controller. Best thing is to ignore these autistic fanboy threads.

____ goes in the options field

>> No.4264934

>>4264849
the n64 would have had 3 to 5 times the amoubt of data to load conpared to the psx

fast reading drives were not a cheap thing at the time because ey were made mistly for music and data storage, which would then push up the price tag

data was streamed dorectly from the cartridge lowering ram costs as well, the two factors combined could have doubled the cost of the n64

nintendo bet on grafixxx and lost. conpanies today still bet on grafixxx

the choice wasnt entirely clear cut, which is why they did it

>> No.4264943

>>4264849
Probably the same guy who created that SM64 thread

>> No.4264959

>>4264394
>Buyer's Remorse: The Post

Who are you trying to convince, us or yourself? I rented an N64, it was shit, so I bought a PSX...years later, I'm still emulating new PSX games all the time...my N64 collection contains Wonder Project J2 and that's because the entire rest of the console's library isn't interesting to me. I've never been a fan of first party Nintendo stuff other than Metroid.

>> No.4264964
File: 37 KB, 650x375, doc dre.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4264964

Thinly veiled attempt to get reasons why 64 eats ass. The Thread

>> No.4264970

>>4264959
>my N64 collection contains Wonder Project J2 and that's because the entire rest of the console's library isn't interesting to me.
I find that people who say things like this have no clue about the N64 library. The console that had two different versions of Sim City, and multiple RPGs nobody played. What sort of games are interesting to you?

>> No.4264976

>>4264970
So tell me about all those shmups in the N64 library.

>> No.4264980

>>4264394
Playstation had Tomb Raider and Final Fantasy Tactics

>> No.4264992

>>4264976
>So tell me about all those shmups in the N64 library.
Aren't Shmups pretty much an exclusively Japanese genre?

>> No.4265006

>>4264976
Why would you use 3D hardware to create a top-down game where you shoot waves of enemies? Who on earth was going to buy such a game on a console that had Rogue Squadron, Battle for Naboo, Star Fox, etc, and an audience that overwhelmingly despised 2D graphics?

>> No.4265012

>>4264976
jet force gemini was basically a 3d shmup

man that game was good. nice boss battles too

>> No.4265021

>>4264980
>Playstation had Tomb Raider
N64 had Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine. Sony paid Eidos to cancel Tomb Raider 64, BTW.
>and Final Fantasy Tactics
N64 had Battle Ogre 64 plus stuff like Super Robot Taisen 64, which nobody cares about because it was never released outside Japan. Also, obviously, Sony paid Square Enix to not release Final Fantasy titles on any home console platforms except the Playstation.

>> No.4265027

>>4265021
ff7 wouldnt have fit on n64 anyway so its all as well

>> No.4265031

>>4265021
>Sony paid Eidos to cancel Tomb Raider 64, BTW.
I trust you have evidence to back this up.

>> No.4265034

>>4265027
>ff7 wouldnt have fit on n64 anyway so its all as well
Nonsense. Let's not forgot how... not great Japanese programmers were. To the point that Satoru Iwata is hailed as a coding god for doing things that western developers would have considered totally normal. Resident Evil 4 is a good example of this. Shittily ported to PS2, by the Japanese. Shittily ported to PC, by the Japanese. Dismally coded on Gamecube, by the Japanese, with a fuckwitted texturing system that wastes hundreds of megabytes of disc space.

>> No.4265037

>>4264394
I know its a shit post, but here it goes.

>N64 is superior to PlayStation.
its subjective, and depends what one desires in console

I own both and favor PS1.

/thread
>Legend of Zelda is better than Final Fantasy.
It's a different genre. Still, I prefer FF7 to Legend of Zelda. Spyro the dragon compares better, closer genre.
>Super Smash Bros is better than every PS1 fight game.
Tekken was more serious and oriented on tournament play. It was muscle memory intense.
>Goldeneye is better thane y'all Gear Solid.
Wasnt goldeneye FPS? Oh right, N64 lacks games, so you compare whatever game you can find to PS1 rooster.

>Star Fox 64 is better than Ace Combat.
>F-Zero X is better than Wipeout.
>1080 is better than Cool Borders.
>Wave Race is better than Jet Moto.
Thats some really niche genre you found. Can't say it isn't, not my thing.

>PS1 never had anything as innovative as Perfect Dark.
The Unholy War, perhaps? I guess you didn't know it, hmm? I assure you it was more innovative than another FPS.

>PS1 never had anything as fun and unique as Mario Party.
It did. It was called Crash Bash and it was better.

>PS1 never had Star Wars games as good as Rogue Squadron or Shadows of the Empire.
OK. Never cared about SW.

>All FPS games are superior on N64.
"That came out on both consoles" - is that what you meant? PS1 had Medal of Honor and many action-adventure games- something that N64 lacked, becouse it scared 3rd party developers away.

>All 3D games are better on N64.
FF7,8,9, MGS, Silent Hill, Syphon filter, Twisted metal etc. If platformers like Conker or other Rare games, shooters, sport games aint your thing then...

>PS1 was literally a console for losers who had no friends
I had plenty of friends that I invited over, even people that owned N64 or PC and we had:
Worms armageddon,
Hogs of War,
racing games, sport games
shooters,
crash bash
The unholy war
Tekken
Twisted Metal 2

Its ok to not know something, but next time make a thread and ask more.

>> No.4265038

>>4265031
http://www.core-design.com/article45.html

Before Toby Gard left the company, he was offered Tomb Raider 64 as a project. Sony essentially got timed exclusivity on Tomb Raider until 2000, which is why a series that started on Saturn didn't get any Sega releases until Tomb Raider 4 for Dreamcast in 2000.

It's not like western developers jumped on Sony's bandwagon because the PS1 was so much better and shit. Sony waved around a shitload of money and started buying up developers. Sucker Punch made N64 games. Psygnosis made N64 games. And so on.

>> No.4265039

>>4265034
ff7 had like an hour of cutscenes brah

that shit does not fit on a catridge

we all know japanese companies are bad at coding. you cant recode fucking raw information away

>> No.4265045

>>4265039
>ff7 had like an hour of cutscenes brah
Conker's Bad Fur Day has 3 hours of fully voiced cutscenes.

>> No.4265048

>>4264406
>NES
NES has literally 4 good games lmao.

>> No.4265049

>>4264414
Of course it's a fighting game.

That's like saying Counterstrike isn't a shooter because it played differently than Quake.

>> No.4265054

>>4265045
i dont think you realize the mathematics of video vs audio compression

are you retarded, perhaps?

>> No.4265056

>>4265054
I don't think you understand that PS1 games had prerendered cutscenes because the hardware was weak as piss and could barely handle 3D.

>> No.4265057

>>4265037
Continued:

We also played Diablo coop.
PSX was the king back then, and had the most to offer - even if you didn't have PC, it offered Warcraft 2, Diablo, and other PC games.

There are some categories in which N64 excels, and it had default 4 joypad slots instead of 2. To say it excels in everything would be a big misunderstanding - it didnt even have enough games - I played PS1 much after PS2 came out, becouse the library was so vast and didn't complete many titles even to this day. N64 had like 10 titles that I completed single player, rest of the games were touched when friends came over. Still, PS1 had better multiplayer with Twisted metal 2, worms and Diablo. N64 was good for its 4 splitscreen FPS time, but let's be honest - 20 CRT - split that in 4 parts? Not a very good idea, we preffered 2 player games.

>> No.4265068

>>4265057
>Still, PS1 had better multiplayer with Twisted metal 2, worms and Diablo.
The N64 had Worms. The N64 also had Vigilante 8, which was arguably as good as Twisted Metal, albeit different.

>> No.4265072

>>4265068
PS1 had vigilante 8 too. I remember you could swap out the disk to an audio CD to change the game music to your own music.

>> No.4265074

>>4265072
The N64 version of Vigilante 8 had much better MP options. 4 player, plus 2 player story mode.

>> No.4265080

>>4265068
>The N64 had Worms.
yes, but worse graphics
>The N64 also had Vigilante 8, which was arguably as good as Twisted Metal, albeit different.
I know, I had my own copy. Vigilante 8 is worse and unbalanced, one of the reasons it didn't have much continuationin the later consoles.

The bottom line of my story is: yes, Ps1 had multiplayer as well. It's just that N64 didn't have much games overall, that's why it's remembered as "multiplayer and platformers console". To say PS1 does multiplayer poorly is laughable - I remember every dude that had this console invited friends over for multiplayer sessions.

>> No.4265085

>>4265080
>>The N64 had Worms.
>yes, but worse graphics
Citation needed.
>Vigilante 8 is worse and unbalanced, one of the reasons it didn't have much continuationin the later consoles.
That had more to do with the developer being purchased by Activision.

>It's just that N64 didn't have much games overall, that's why it's remembered as "multiplayer and platformers console".

In some circles perhaps, but it's one that's more reflective of the fact a lot of people have absolutely no idea what games were on the N64 because they never played them. It's really apparent when you see people list PS1 games that were... also on the N64.

>> No.4265092

>>4265085
> It's really apparent when you see people list PS1 games that were... also on the N64.
I don't really care. I'm not a walking wikipedia. I just say that I owned both consoles, and OP is a faggot, and didnt wrote anything of value.

>In some circles perhaps
Nice way of waiving valid arguments. You OP?

>> No.4265101

>>4265092
>Nice way of waiving valid arguments.
How is the argument valid? It's right up there with "Donkey Kong 64 killed collectathons". It's a completely nonsense sentiment that gets parroted that doesn't make any sense whatsoever because there were dozens of high profile collectathons released after the critically acclaimed DK64. One of the weird things about the N64 is how these weird memes and narratives took hold.

>> No.4265105

>>4265101
OP said PS1 was for single player gaming dudes. I countered that saying that multiplayer library was considerable for PS1. And now you are saying it's "in some circles". That's some nice goal post changing and fucking logic around. What are you doing?

>> No.4265107

>>4265101
ahh, whatever, misread your post.

>> No.4265112

>>4265105
OP is a retard. The entire "PS1 was for SP, N64 was for MP" argument seems to stem from this demographic who played Mario Kart, GoldenEye, and nothing else. And even they tend to ignore that GE's MP was tossed together in a few weeks as an afterthought.

The N64 had heaps of SP games. The PS1 had heaps of MP games. The only real difference is N64 developers were more likely to toss in SOME kind of MP mode because they recognised that it gave the game potential staying power. Even Superman 64 has an MP mode that is oddly better than the SP.

>> No.4265118

>>4265112
>The N64 had heaps of SP games.
I beg to differ. Not as much as I would want back then. Yes, I was a no life.

>> No.4265126

>>4264970
I hate Sim City and all the N64 RPG's look generic as hell other than Wonder Project J2...

Tactics Ogre? I'd rather play FFT, Vadal Hearts or Front Mission.

I've never liked Harvest Moon, Paper Mario is out because I don't like first party Nintendo games other than Metroid...what is Quest 64 even? Gauntlet Legends is good, but I have that on PS2...so yeah, nothing of any real note for RPGs.

For fighting games you've got Smash, which is arguably not even one, then some Mortal Kombat stuff, which who cares and then random western trash 3d fighting games.

I don't like racing or sports games, shooters can fuck off with that controller...like, the N64 just doesn't really have anything interesting going for it that I can't get on some other platform...

Does it have any good horror games that aren't also on other platforms? Or any real noteworthy non-first party exclusives other than Perfect Dark and Goldeneye which I don't care about?

>> No.4265130

>>4265112
n64 had more, better mp games and also had 4 players for almost all of them
goldeneye
perfect dark
smash
mario party
mario kart
bomberman

like i could keep going but these alone are so far ahead of the competition at the time its not even funny

you obviously didnt have friends as a kid. n64 was the tits

>> No.4265136

>>4265130
Hello OP. Just kill yourself.

>> No.4265139

>>4264394
People are going to accuse you of baiting and cry their eyes out, but I completely agree with you OP. I grew up with both the PS1 and N64 and while there are good games on both, the N64 library and overall experience is vastly superior. N64 has stood the test of time and I still enjoy mine regularly, whereas I haven't touched my PS1 in ages. Retards will try to convince you that the PS1 had this gigantic library of great games to choose from, but it didn't. There are all of about 5~10 truly unique games on the PS1 worth playing, everything else is composed of shovelware, licensed movie games and autistic turn-based JRPGs that hadn't evolved since the 80s. Even the PS1's "best game", FF7, is complete dog shit and was only popular for its aesthetics. If you'll notice, most of the super popular games on the system are autistic turn-based JRPGs, because PS1 was the first console to usher in the "cinematic experience" generation that attracted faggots who wanted to watch cutscenes and experience a cringey anime story rather than enjoy good gameplay.

Tasteless dykes with no knowledge of the N64 will tell you "LOL bro no games" and "nah dood it only gots mayrio games", but that's because they don't know shit about the library. If you actually know what you're talking about, you'll realize there are not only dozens of great games, but the variety is insane. You've got tons of great FPS, amazing platformers, amazing adventure games, some of the best puzzlers ever made, even weird stuff that can barely be confined to a genre like Blast Corps and Star Fox 64. The one "weakness" of the library is the lack of the aforementioned autistic turn-based JRPG. Woo, what a fucking loss. The N64 was a better console, with better games, a better multiplayer experience, better build quality, and no load times. Fact.

>> No.4265146

>>4265048
that's still four more than the N64 :^)

>> No.4265147

>>4265126
It sounds to me like you're obsessed with exclusives and you don't like the N64 controller.

>Or any real noteworthy non-first party exclusives other than Perfect Dark and Goldeneye which I don't care about?

I dunno, maybe? Part of the problem was how shit the PS1 versions of N64 games tended to be. You can say, "B-B-But it was on PS1, too" all you want. That doesn't make the PS1 version of, say, BattleTanx: Global Assault not shit.

Some games that come to mind:
The World is Not Enough
Body Harvest
Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness
Doom 64
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
Last Legion UX
Mischief Makers
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Rogue Squadron.
Battle for Naboo.
Quake II (which is, of course, an original game)
Rocket: Robot on Wheels
Sin & Punishment
Space Station Silicon Valley
Turok 1.
Turok 2.
Turok 3.
Turok: Rage Wars.
World Driver Championship.

Plus a bunch of wrestling games, and some Japan-exclusive stuff like Custom Robo. There are a fair few Japan-only RPG titles for the N64.

There's also a bunch of N64 games that got ported to Dreamcast and so aren't "muh exclusive" titles, not that exclusivity actually matters.

>> No.4265149

>>4265136
not op. you are clearly friendless

when I was 11 or so.me and.my friends would have huge sleepovers and we would t half the people playing these games, half of us playing board games or running around in the pool, endless pizza, talking about girls and shit

shit was amazing. sorry you missed out on it and you were alone in your room

i like ps1 too, but the multiplayer doeant even compare. modern games have no split acreen cuz fags wanna play online and theyd rather have and lcd to themaelves than have fun witb friends

the last era of gaming was the gamecube

>> No.4265150

>>4265139
nice try OP. Everybody can notice your way of writing by now, especially throwing around straw man like a kid with OCD.

>> No.4265153

>>4265139
> because PS1 was the first console to usher in the "cinematic experience"
You have no idea what you are talking about. Only FF7 and MGS were about cinematic experience. Your opinions lands in trash.

>> No.4265156
File: 57 KB, 640x443, N64cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4265156

Like, holy shit, why don't more people talk about how awesome Indiana Jones is? Is it because they only made 10,000 copies or something? Bugs aside, it's easily a top 10 N64 game, and much better than any of the PS1 Tomb Raider titles.

>> No.4265159

>>4265153
>You have no idea what you are talking about. Only FF7 and MGS were about cinematic experience. Your opinions lands in trash.
Well, actually you see...
>PS1 fan
Oh, wait. I'm sorry, I forgot, your opinion doesn't matter. Good day.

>> No.4265162
File: 13 KB, 189x267, images (28).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4265162

slightly unrelated but who remembers this fucking game?

one of the goats

it failed because people on vr are friendless losers

even the vs mode was good

>> No.4265168

>>4265150
>nice try OP. Everybody can notice your way of writing by now, especially throwing around straw man like a kid with OCD.
Dude if thinking that nobody on earth agrees with OP makes you feel better, by all means. Frankly, I don't really care what you think. You're a PS1 fan so honoring your opinion would be akin to giving a child with down syndrome a seat in the senate. I'm just stating facts.

>> No.4265178

>>4265168
he doesnt have friends. be nice to him

i bet he likes playing online arena shooters with cookdown skills using voip with strangers

he probably thinks this is an improvement over sharing a couch with buddies

he probably watches hearthstone streams and speedruns with commentary

>> No.4265182

>>4265021
Funny you mention Super Robot Wars in an attempt to make it look like N64 has a big japan only library compared to PS1.

PS1 had 9 SRW games in total!

>> No.4265191

>>4265182
Why on earth would the N64 have a big Japan-only library? The console was unpopular in Japan and Nintendo invited zero Japanese developers to be part of the Dream Team. The point being made is that certain genres, such as TRPGs, didn't really leave Japan on the N64. The N64 was never about numbers. Nintendo went out of their way to discourage developers releasing a lot of games -- an extension of their older idea where they prevented publishers releasing more than a certain number of games each year.

>> No.4265215

>>4265139
>you'll realize there are not only dozens of great games, but the variety is insane
>variety is insane
citation needed, so far in this thread only FPS, sports and 3D games by Rare and Nintendo

>> No.4265217

>>4264414
This. It's Mario party with punches.

>> No.4265229

>>4265215
>citation needed, so far in this thread only FPS, sports and 3D games by Rare and Nintendo
>implying "3D games by Rare and Nintendo" have anything to do with genre or variety
Lmao kid it's clear that you're retarded and are biased from the outset. I can mention tons of games -- Wetrix, Tetrisphere, Blast Corps, Yoshi's Story, Star Fox 64, Perfect Dark, Ogre Battle 64, Killer Instinct Gold, Super Smash Bros, Jet Force Gemini, DOOM 64, F-Zero X... the list goes on. But you're just going to say "those are all shit" or come up with some other way to undermine good games you haven't played, so what's the point? Seriously, if you want to purposely deprive yourself of some of the best games ever made, be my guest, I couldn't give less of a fuck. Enjoy your JRPGs Sonyfriend.

>> No.4265234

>>4265159
I bashed your argument"Ps1 is filled with cinematic experience with no gameplay", that turned out to be completely ridiculus. Only a few games vigorous use of cutscenes, like FF7. Mostly they were just skippable intros or some bits that didn't change gameplay in any way. Like Tekken 3 or Twisted metal 2, one of the best selling games? Not to mention all the games that were golden but didn't make it to top selling ones.

In turn you replied with ad hominem argument like a total teenager.

>> No.4265235

>>4265217
>This. It's Mario party with punches.
Imagine being this gay.

>> No.4265246

>>4265229
Giving me more FPS games when I ask for variety? Are you retarded?
And yes Ogre Battle 64 is shit, and Nintendo games and Rare games aren't that much varied - I had no fun playing Conker(oh and btw lots of cutscenes experience here) or Banjo Kazooi.

And I wont play flight simulators that you posted already, find me some other games.

>> No.4265249

>>4265234
>In turn you replied with ad hominem argument like a total teenager.
Pretty hard for me not to insult you when you type like you're literally retarded. Look dude, again, I don't really care what you think. I'm just telling you, the biggest games on the PS1 are games like Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Vagrant Story, Dragon Quest and other shitty nipnop titles that have a heavy focus on storytelling and absolutely garbage gameplay. I do truly feel bad that you didn't grow up with an N64 and will never experience actual good games, but I can't help you.

>> No.4265254

>>4265246
>Giving me more FPS games when I ask for variety? Are you retarded?
I gave you literally one FPS beyond what you already mentioned. You seem to be suffering from a severe form of autism friendo.
>And yes Ogre Battle 64 is shit, and Nintendo games and Rare games aren't that much varied - I had no fun playing Conker(oh and btw lots of cutscenes experience here) or Banjo Kazooi
lol.
>And I wont play flight simulators that you posted already, find me some other games.
What flight simulators? Star Fox? You legitimately sound like you suffer from a spectrum disorder.

>> No.4265256

>>4265229
>Enjoy your JRPGs Sonyfriend.
I dont even like JRPGs. I still have better fun with PS1. The games you posted are shit except Yoshi story, go suck a dick.

>> No.4265257

>>4265256
>But you're just going to say "those are all shit" or come up with some other way to undermine good games you haven't played
> The games you posted are shit except Yoshi story, go suck a dick.
LOL like clockwork.

>> No.4265267
File: 198 KB, 857x1095, ps1-shit-rat-vs-n64-elder-god-53359649.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4265267

>> No.4265269

>>4265249
>you didn't grow up with an N64
I did grow up with N64. I'm just saying you totally eat shit with your opinions.
>like Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Vagrant Story, Dragon Quest
cherry picking. Twisted Metal 2 and Tekken 3 and other games that did not care about cutscenes were the better part of the game console
> heavy focus on storytelling
You constantly change arguments, but what to expect form a troll. You said previously it was cinematic that bothered you.

Nevertheless I can point out plenty of Ps1 games without storyline that have excellent gameplay, so again, you eat shit.

>> No.4265272

>>4265269
>I did grow up with N64. I'm just saying you totally eat shit with your opinions
And I'm saying you didn't grow up with an N64.
>cherry picking. Twisted Metal 2 and Tekken 3 and other games that did not care about cutscenes were the better part of the game console
lol.
>You constantly change arguments, but what to expect form a troll. You said previously it was cinematic that bothered you
I want you to think about why this is retarded for a moment.
>Nevertheless I can point out plenty of Ps1 games without storyline that have excellent gameplay, so again, you eat shit.
So far you've named 0.

>> No.4265274

>>4265217
No, it's clearly a fighting game.

You're conflating "fighting game" with "Street Fighter clone."

>> No.4265278

I've been put in my place. Sticky when?

>> No.4265284

>>4265267
I agree with this, except Spyro is actually good and better than any collectathon on N64 outside of SM64 and Banjo Kazooie.

>> No.4265285

>>4265257
I did play most of those craps that you proposed, so no, not like clockwork. And I own a N64.

>> No.4265287

>>4265285
Post pic of console + games with timestamp or you're full of shit.

>> No.4265290

>>4265284
>better than any collectathon on N64 outside of SM64 and Banjo Kazooie.
Well yeah, OUTSIDE of SM64 and Banjo, sure.

>> No.4265301

are people reporting these shitty 5th gen cancer threads?
fucking mods, do your job

>> No.4265305

N64 only best at full3dgame and full3dgame not everything we want on videogame.

>> No.4265306

>>4265301
Shut up faggot, you aren't the arbiter of the board. If you don't want to talk about it, don't fucking post. Clearly plenty of other people do, get over it.

>> No.4265307

>>4265153
>>4265215
>>4265217
>>4265234
>>4265246
>>4265256
>>4265269
>>4265285
>>4265305
Funny how everyone defending the N64 in this thread has good grammar, makes solid arguments and backs up opinion with fact, meanwhile these PS1 fans type like 11 year olds, lmao.

>> No.4265312

>>4265267
Lmao so true

>> No.4265314

>>4265272
>And I'm saying you didn't grow up with an N64.
Ive grown with both.

>So far you've named 0.
Nobody asked for me to.
I will put something better than Doom64 and tetris, dont you worry.

The following had almost no story, so should cater to your needs:

Medal of Honor
Medal of Honor2
Tenchu1
Skull Monkeys
Syphon Filter 1-3
Ape Escape
Crash Bash
Command and Conquer
Command and Conquer: Red alert
Warcraft 2
Diablo
Tekken3
Twisted metal 2
Twisted metal 4
Vigilante 8
Viligalnte 8 2nd offense
Parappa the rappa for some laughs
The unholy War(I bet you didnt play this one)
Hogs of War
Worms Armageddon
Tomba
Medievil1,2
Abe's odysse
Abe's exodus
Project Overkill
Railroad Tycoon 2
Transport Tycoon
Road Rash
Sheep, Dog, 'n Wolf
Spyro 2
Crash Bandicoot 1-3

>> No.4265318

>>4265287
I own emulator now. I sold my console long time ago, do you think I'm some kind of a retard to collect consoles? A grown up babby?

>> No.4265323

>>4265314
>Ive grown with both.
Post pic with timestamp then.
>I will put something better than Doom64 and tetris, dont you worry.
I doubt it.

>Medal of Honor - complete shit WW2 shooter
>Medal of Honor2 - complete shit WW2 shooter
>Tenchu1 - shovelware
>Skull Monkeys - shovelware
>Syphon Filter 1-3 - shovelware
>Ape Escape - It's alright
>Crash Bash - shovelware
>Command and Conquer - pathetic PC RTS port
Command and Conquer: Red alert - pathetic PC RTS port
Warcraft 2 - pathetic PC RTS port
Diablo - pathetic PC RPG port
Tekken3 - substandard fighting game
Twisted metal 2 - shovelware
Twisted metal 4 - shovelware
Vigilante 8 - shovelwaere
Viligalnte 8 2nd offense - shovelware
Parappa the rappa for some laughs - literally only for the laughs
The unholy War(I bet you didnt play this one) - yeah i did, and it's shovelware
Hogs of War - LOL you're kidding me
Worms Armageddon - also on N64
Tomba - average
Medievil1,2 - the only good thing on the list
Abe's odysse - average
Abe's exodus - average
Project Overkill - shovelware
Railroad Tycoon 2 - shit PC port
Transport Tycoon - shit PC port
Road Rash - shovelware
Sheep, Dog, 'n Wolf - shovelware
Spyro 2 - average
Crash Bandicoot 1-3 - complete shit

Yep, your tastes are shit. Good bye now.

>> No.4265325

>>4265318
>I own emulator now. I sold my console long time ago, do you think I'm some kind of a retard to collect consoles? A grown up babby?
LOL really autismo? Because you just said:
>And I own a N64.
Lmao I swear, PS1 fans really are some of the biggest retards who walk the earth.

>> No.4265326
File: 712 KB, 500x500, 1505003016967.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4265326

>>4265318
>i own emulator
Hahahahhahahhahahahahahhaahahahabababahabbaaabhahahahahaalmaolmaolmaolmaolmaokekekekekekekekkwmemmemeeekkekekekekekekeke

>> No.4265337

>>4265326
My fucking sides

>> No.4265340

>>4265323
Do you even know what shovelware means?

>> No.4265350

>>4265340
It means the game has a low budget, little to no marketing and is overall a shit game. So yes, most of your list.

>> No.4265353
File: 49 KB, 1168x793, the-mind-of-the-sony-pony.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4265353

>>4265318
L M A O
M
A
O

>> No.4265354

>>4265323
>Yep, your tastes are shit
Still better than tetris, doom64 and ogrebattle. goodbye

>> No.4265361

>>4265350
Those "shovelware" as you called them, had good sales and marketing.

>> No.4265369

>>4265361
Yeah no, they really didn't.

>> No.4265375

>>4265323
>Diablo - pathetic PC RPG port
If you played it you would know it was better than PC version. But you are full of shit, ofc.

>> No.4265380

>>4265375
>If you played it you would know it was better than PC version. But you are full of shit, ofc.
Sorry but tin-can sound quality, less content, worse graphics, worse controls and no modding capability is not "better than PC version". You are mentally retarded and you should be ashamed that you ever deluded yourself into believing something so stupid.

>> No.4265383

>>4265369
Yeah, they did, like Twisted metal and Syphon filter were one of the bestsellers.

Time to change arguments, again?

>> No.4265384
File: 31 KB, 567x561, 34657u35htdah.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4265384

>>4265375
>If you played it you would know it was better than PC version.

>> No.4265389

>>4265383
>2 games represent the entire list
Lmao how many paint chips did your mother put in your cereal as a child?

>> No.4265391

>>4264394
>Mario Kart 64 is better than Poochie Bandicoot Team Racing.

I don't think so.

>> No.4265396

>>4265391
>I don't think so.
All you had to say was "I'm gay".

>> No.4265409

>>4265389
>not knowing that 2 is enough to cancel the theorem
not a fan of logic and math I see?

>> No.4265439

>>4265229
Wetrix,-shovelware
Tetrisphere,-shovelware
Blast Corps, -shovelware
Yoshi's Story, - it's alright
Star Fox 64, -average
Perfect Dark, - the only good on the list
Ogre Battle 64, - complete shit
Killer Instinct Gold, - haha really?
Super Smash Bros, - average, substandard fighting game
Jet Force Gemini, - average
DOOM 64, - pathetic port. seriously, I think even SNES had Doom, so why bother.
F-Zero X - ok

Gee, not much to do here. And we almost run through all of N64 games.

>> No.4265450

>>4265439
>even snes had doom
Wow u just threw away all your credibility.
SNES Doom is completely unplayable

>> No.4265451

>>4265439
>DOOM 64, - pathetic port
LOL. Oh man, so in other words, you haven't even played any of these games. Man PS1 fans are stupid.

>> No.4265460

>>4265409
>not a fan of logic and math I see?
LOL what a fucking fedora. All I can see is that you're a fan of eating paint chips. You said: "Those "shovelware" as you called them, had good sales and marketing". Just because two games on your list had good sales does not mean the majority of your list did. God damn you are retarded.

>> No.4265464
File: 1.36 MB, 400x206, giphy.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4265464

>>4264394
Really? I can feel your squealing fan girl inside getting moist.

>> No.4265468

>>4265450
>>4265451
Hold your horses autismo boi.
Sorry I wasnt clear, my point was that it's previous gen game. Additionaly, it's a port. Not the gratest and I prefer to play the game on PC.

>> No.4265474

>>4265468
>Sorry I wasnt clear, my point was that it's previous gen game. Additionaly, it's a port. Not the gratest and I prefer to play the game on PC
Lol what the fuck are you even trying to say here you dumb cunt? A previous gen game? Dude, it's a totally different game, built from the ground up for the N64. It's not a fucking port. This is why I know you haven't played a single one of these games. You could not be any more retarded, holy shit.

>> No.4265480

>>4265464
Facebook tier reaction gif

>> No.4265482

>>4265468
>Additionaly, it's a port.
lmao, cringey.

>> No.4265483

>>4265460
But it was enough to prove you don't really know what kind of terms you are throwing around. Why should I bother if I know there is a dipshit that will change deffinition of estabilished words on a whim.

Just FYI, the other games you listed as shovelware had also good marketing and sales, but won't bother with that since I see you are a toxic little shit. And you will change goal posts anyway, and twist arguments.

>> No.4265485

>>4265483
>But it was enough to prove you don't really know what kind of terms you are throwing around.
Meaningless statement.
>Why should I bother if I know there is a dipshit that will change deffinition of estabilished words on a whim.
Are you having a stroke right now?
>Just FYI, the other games you listed as shovelware had also good marketing and sales, but won't bother with that since I see you are a toxic little shit. And you will change goal posts anyway, and twist arguments.
And yet you continue to reply and have a full-blown panic attack just because got called out on producing a list which is 90% shovelware.

>> No.4265487

>>4265439
Man you are a fag

Perfect dark, mario party, mario kart, bomberman, smash bros, f zero and golden eye were more than enough for a party

I bet you fags didn't like starcraft or cs lan parties either

Fuxking fags

>> No.4265489

>>4265487
Dude don't even give this guy the honor of taking his opinion seriously, he thinks DOOM 64 is a PC port LOL.

>> No.4265491

>>4265474
I still prefer to play the game on PC, that's what "I'm saying you dumb shit. I don't care they made it a bit different for N64, it was better on PC in my opinion.

And no, it's not different enough to list is as a unique game.

>> No.4265493
File: 62 KB, 508x508, lmao-nigga-105867.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4265493

>>4265491
>I still prefer to play the game on PC, that's what "I'm saying you dumb shit
Except it's a completely different N64 game.
>I don't care they made it a bit different for N64, it was better on PC in my opinion.
Except it's a completely different N64 game.
>And no, it's not different enough to list is as a unique game.
Except it's a completely different N64 game.

Lmao god damn, this faggot is on full-on damage control mode right now. He realizes he cucked himself by accidentally thinking D64 was a PC port so now he's desperately trying to pick up the pieces of his shattered pride. Absolutely hilarious.

>> No.4265496

>>4265493
It's the same fucking game. Like doom 1 and 2 are the same fucking game to me.

>> No.4265497

>i am so desperate for attention that i keep making the same shit quality bait threads for 3 weeks in a row

>> No.4265501

>>4265496
>It's the same fucking game. Like doom 1 and 2 are the same fucking game to me.
>different story
>different graphics
>different guns
>different monsters
>different levels
>different music
Lmao keep going faggot child, you're only embarassing yourself more and more. Damage control alert.

>> No.4265502

>>4265485
>producing a list which is 90% shovelware.
no it isnt, it's 20% at best. You would make a great president of USA, dipshit.

>> No.4265506

haha it's the same autistic /v/irgin with his shitty 9gag reaction images
no wonder this thread is such a dumpster fire

>> No.4265508

>>4265502
>no it isnt, it's 20% at best.
So you purposely put games on your list that you agree are shovelware to pad it out? LOLLLL

>> No.4265509

>>4265489
I always thought that too, actually. the graphics were awful and so i never bothered when we had pd

But yeah this guy is a butthurtTloser

>> No.4265512

>>4265497
Dude this has been going on for a year or so. /vr/ is a forsaken board and mods don't give a fuck unless you dare criticize DOOM inside the general or in another thread.

>> No.4265516

>>4265506
>haha it's the same autistic /v/irgin with his shitty 9gag reaction images
>no wonder this thread is such a dumpster fire
"I Have No Games and I Must Scream: Memoirs of a PS1 Fan"

>> No.4265518

>>4265501
>story that doesnt matter
>almost the same graphics
>same guns
>same monsters
>different levels
>shitty music

Corrected it for you. Now go fuck yourself.

>> No.4265521

>>4264560
Ok but he wasnt talking about MGSV, he was talking about Metal Gear Solid.

PS1 has more variety.

>> No.4265525
File: 356 KB, 1214x1239, ravaged.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4265525

>>4265518
>thinks D64 is a PC port
>gets called out
>says it's a port again
>gets called out again
>goes into full-on damage control mode
>"Corrected it for you. Now go fuck yourself."
Lmao absolutely blown the fuck out. How will you ever recover from this?

>> No.4265527

>>4265508
Well, you've put all turds on your list, actually, so wanted to at least level with you somehow by puting some shits for you to eat, and make it even.

Still games that made it to top 50 of most unit solds are suddenly 'shovelware', so I think i'll just end discussion with you.

>> No.4265532
File: 64 KB, 709x538, 124395060683.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4265532

>>4265527
>Well, you've put all turds on your list, actually, so wanted to at least level with you somehow by puting some shits for you to eat, and make it even.
That doesn't make any sense though, because all the games on my list are actually good.
>Still games that made it to top 50 of most unit solds are suddenly 'shovelware', so I think i'll just end discussion with you
Lmao cool tell me more about how Carnival Games for Wii isn't shovelware just because it sold 4m copies. Holy shit my fucking sides.

>> No.4265534

>>4264394
>Goldeneye is better thane y'all Gear Solid.
Yikes

>> No.4265535

>>4265525
It's a troll you idiot.

>> No.4265536

>>4265535
Of course, every degenerate Sony fan is a troll, no shit retard. But PS1 fans thinking DOOM 64 is a port is literally as old as time.

>> No.4265537

>>4265512
i took a break for awhile so i just noticed it recently; still pretty retarded though

>> No.4265538

Is this the same fag that cried about how people didn't like the N64 controller the other day?

>> No.4265539

>>4265525
OR maybe I did not care if the same game is referred to by "port" or "remake" or"slightly remade game but still fucking doom folks".

>> No.4265540

>>4265539
>OR maybe I did not care if the same game is referred to by "port" or "remake" or"slightly remade game but still fucking doom folks".
Hmm... yeah, nah, I'm going to go with "he thought it was a PC port". I can't believe you just keep going lmao.

>> No.4265542
File: 29 KB, 528x543, 1502838982162.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4265542

>>4265538
>Is this the same fag that cried about how people didn't like the N64 controller the other day?
>his hands are too small to use the N64 controller
Manlet identified.

>> No.4265543

>>4265532
>Lmao cool tell me more about how Carnival Games for Wii isn't shovelware just because it sold 4m copies. Holy shit my fucking sides.
But you were the one that said that shovelware relates with marketing and units sold. So now go fuck yourself for, yet again, having a sudden change of heart.

>> No.4265545

>>4265516
that doesn't even make sense
look sweetie, I'm sure you enjoy playing your dad's N64, but this is an 18+ site
you've had some fun shitting up the board with your epic bait threads, but you should leave now

>> No.4265547

>>4265543
>But you were the one that said that shovelware relates with units sold
No actually I didn't. I said they had poor marketing, low budgets and were overall shit games. Try again faggot child.
>So now go fuck yourself for, yet again, having a sudden change of heart.
Lmao let the anger flow.

>> No.4265548

>>4265538
yep, his posts are so fucking terrible you know it's him even when he's anonymous

>> No.4265550

>>4265545
>that doesn't even make sense
Well sure it does, nothing in the PS1 library is worth playing.
>look sweetie,
Oops, wait, sorry. I'm going to have to stop you here. I don't talk to homosexuals.

>> No.4265552

>>4265487
>starcraft / cs lan parties

the reason i got cable was so i could play online, not play in the same room with a bunch of fat losers who haven't showered in 4 years. seriously, there used to be a game / comic shop in my home town, i used to go in to buy tabletop supplements and holy shit man the fucking smell of that place. i'd rather play single player games alone for the rest of my life than have to smell a bunch of fat sweaty bastards with no hygienic ability whatsoever that keep getting chip grease and dust all over my games and controllers. fuck that

>> No.4265556

>>4265547
None of these games that I listed, and went into top 50 games sold, had poor marketing.

>> No.4265557

>>4265548
Kind of like how you can tell someone is mentally retarded by only knowing they're a Sony fan.

>> No.4265559

>>4265542
I'll take that as a yes. Autism identified.

>> No.4265563

>>4265548
I'm genuinely concerned for this guy.

>> No.4265567

>>4265559
>I'll take that as a yes.
>Admits to being a manlet.
How does it feel to be under 6'0"?
>Autism identified.
Who carries the gene? Your mother or father?

>> No.4265569

>>4265557
I thought this kind of shitposting wasnt on /vr/

>> No.4265571

lmao sonyggers out in full force playing damage control right now

>> No.4265572

>>4265569
it usually isn't, this kid is "special"

>> No.4265641

If the n64 was so superior why did it fail miserably?

>> No.4265645

>>4265641
>If the n64 was so superior why did it fail miserably?
>made more money for Nintendo than PS1 did for Sony
>most highly rated games of all time
>best selling games outsold those on PS1 despite selling 1/3 as many consoles
>controller set the standard for every controller to come
>SM64 and OoT influenced every 3D game made after
>"failed miserably"
Lmao.

>> No.4265649

>>4265048
wow. such ignorance.

>> No.4265663

>>4265645
>Controllers were shit. we all thought it then we still do now.
>SM64 did set standards. but if they didnt do it another company would've literally a few months later. at least 5 billion dollar companies were on the edge of getting a camera view for 3D sprites.

N64 was good . but damn son it wasn't perfect.

>> No.4265669

>>4265663
First, learn how to use greentext retard. Second:
>Controllers were shit. we all thought it then we still do now.
Nobody I knew growing up ever had a single problem with it.
>SM64 did set standards. but if they didnt do it another company would've literally a few months later.
And guess what, Nintendo did it first. Other companies couldn't even get that shit right for years after SM64 and OoT already set the bar.

>> No.4265672

>>4265663
No 3d platformer is as good as mario 64

>> No.4265703

anyone here have one of those steelsticks for n64? how is your experience/pros/cons/etc?
don't think it's worth making a new thread for and it's related to the thread.

>> No.4265709

>>4265672
Rayman 2 is better.

>> No.4265725

>shilling this hard for nintendo

the Switch is doin that bad, huh?

>> No.4265872
File: 258 KB, 351x364, 1505669815839.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4265872

>>4264394
Why is there so much more N64 shilling lately?

>> No.4265875

Why do Nintendo fans always have to overcompensate for their system if it's so perfect? Seriously, if everything about Nintendo is superior, why does it have to be constantly and rigorously defended?
They always attack Sony, so this would say that Sony is doing something better than Nintendo if Nintendo fans have continually attack Sony; without even mentioning any other systems or companies.

>> No.4265886

>>4265872
N64 mini

>> No.4265890

>>4265872
It's one guy who keeps making these threads. I don't even know why mods are allowing this shit. There is absolutely no room for actual discussion in these threads, it's just a platform for one butthurt faggot to rage on anyone who dares to object. /vr/ is supposed to be better than this.

>> No.4265919

>>4265875
>why does it have to be constantly and rigorously defended?
Because there are tens of millions of more Sony fans. It's like trying to convince the Justin Beiber fanbase that John Coltrane wrote better music.

>> No.4265930

>>4265919
I don't see the NES or SNES defended as autistically as the N64
probably because they don't need defending since they're great consoles, unlike the N64

>> No.4265934

>>4265890
>It's one guy who keeps making these threads
>this is actually what this retard believes
lmao

>> No.4265935

>>4265930
>I don't see the NES or SNES defended as autistically as the N64
Because everyone agrees that they're good. Even stupid people like NES and SNES.

Stupid people hate N64.

>> No.4265962

>>4264464
Lel, everyone had a ps1, hell we had like three. I only knew one other person with an n64. And when I had a few people other. no one wanted to play anything the n64 had to offer outside wrestling games. Which is really the only one thing the n64 does actually do better.

>> No.4265970

>>4264823
Leakage from /v/, they have issues with anyone not constantly sucking nintendick.

>> No.4265971

>>4265962
>Which is really the only one thing the n64 does actually do better.
Yeah, except for platformers, shooters, racing games, puzzlers, adventure games... you know, everything. Oh, except autistic JRPGs. Yeah, the PS1 was great for those.

>> No.4265972

>>4265934
lol i bet my left nut this >>4265868 is the same dude

>> No.4265980

>>4265972
If anything it's probably one guy having a fucking hysterical panic attack just because more than one person likes the N64.

>> No.4266121

>>4265971
>platformers, shooters, racing games, puzzlers, adventure games
puzzlers, shooters and racing games
platforming and adventure games are done better on PS1

>> No.4266134

>>4265971
I think you are the one with autism, you like puzzlers a lot...

>> No.4266142

>>4266121
>platforming and adventure games are done better on PS1
lmao

>> No.4266148

>>4265971
>Yeah, except for platformers, shooters, racing games, puzzlers, adventure games... you know, everything. Oh, except autistic JRPGs. Yeah, the PS1 was great for those.
PS1 was also better in vehicular combat games, and any adventure game with more story than: pick up shiny objects.

Look, not everybody likes colorfull games vide Zelda, Mario, Metroid and FPS and racing games. If you wanted darker games than your typical "candy puke" , there wasn't much to play on N64.

>> No.4266190

>>4266148
>I'm too mature for gameplay, so I look for dark and edgy aesthetics and deep anime stories in my video games. They speak to my aching blood and depth of my soul.

>> No.4266236

>>4264394
>N64
>Superior?
>Can't do FMV right
>Can't get CD quality sound
>This is evidenced in WWF No Mercy

Playstation was way more powerful than the N64 ever wishes to be. Maybe if the idiots at Nintendo didn't go with cartridges, they would have an edge over Sony.

>> No.4266482

>>4264420
dafuq?

>what is Street Fighter, Soul Blade, Bushido Blade, KoF, MK, Tekken, Rival Schools, Bloody Roar, Capcom Vs. SNK, MvC, JoJo, Darkstalkers

Are you counter-trolling?

>> No.4266486

>>4266236
>>Can't get CD quality sound
Define "CD quality".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maZWYBCKgIg

>> No.4266487

>>4265085
Bitch please, it's not "some circles." N64's library in the US was ass in size and quality, if it wasn't first party.

>> No.4266492

>>4265235
>unironically liking Smash or Mario Party

Imagine being THAT gay.

>> No.4266493

>>4266487
>N64's library in the US was ass in size and quality, if it wasn't first party.
How? The N64 had dozens of fantastic 3rd party titles. The idea the N64 lacked 3rd party titles is absolutely bizarre.

>> No.4266504

>>4265972
Most likely.

>>4265980
>OP appears to be having a "hysterical panic attack" just because more than one person enjoys the Playstation.
ftfy

>> No.4266521

>>4266486
CD quality refers to its 44khz stereo PCM mixing, but N64 is clearly capable of achieving that (going as far to 48khz), but the real advantage of CD media is reproducing pre-rendered audio so it could sound as good as you could make it, and storing high quality recordings for anything (music, voices) with no real loss in quality that could be streamed on the game's whim, as long as said game didn't need to load anything else.
That track you posted is quite obviously a sequenced track, limited by the low quality samples, lack of any cool post prox effect like reverb, and arbitrary channel limit set by the developer so it didn't hog CPU resources since N64 lacked a SPU or any onboard audio decompressor. PS1 could boast far better sounding sequenced music than that and even use John Williams recordings if it felt like it without even trying.

>> No.4266551

>>4266521
You make a few good points, but it's more complex than that. The PS1 did not, as a general rule, use red book audio. Most PS1 games used sequenced music.

>That track you posted is quite obviously a sequenced track, limited by the low quality samples, lack of any cool post prox effect like reverb, and arbitrary channel limit set by the developer so it didn't hog CPU resources since N64 lacked a SPU or any onboard audio decompressor.

It's using MusyX, Factor 5's proprietary music engine. Audio is handled on the CPU, not the RSP, and this allows for a lot more channels and more complex audio effects with less hit to performance.

https://youtu.be/I1qMN0SSJwU?t=58s

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action