Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/vr/ - Retro Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 20 KB, 600x308, 1363980-atarivcs.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4252521 No.4252521 [DELETED]  [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

This piece of garbage is 40 years old today.
Does anyone even care?

>> No.4252526

>>4252521
I can see how it was cool when it came out. But why wouldn't I just use mame with an arcade stick to play arcade games now?

>> No.4252527
File: 407 KB, 2000x2887, Atari games.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4252527

>The console that started it all
>Nobody cares

/vr/ - Celebrities, Doom and Nintendo generals

>> No.4252550

I know I dont.

>> No.4252556

>>4252526
Some people prefer consoles, there are some worthwhile exclusives (which you could also emulate) and it's a pretty cheap platform to collect.

>> No.4252562

>>4252527
Weeeeell, technically it didn't start everything. The consoles from the first generation like that magnavox thing did. It was still very influential for a long time and it's still kind of popular among retro gamers.

>> No.4252572

>>4252562
It was the first console with game cartridges containing unique roms, so it's not entirely inaccurate to say that it defined the modern "video game console"

>> No.4252575
File: 108 KB, 1280x842, 1280px-Fairchild-Channel-F.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4252575

>>4252572
Incorrect

>> No.4252579

>>4252572
Tripfags talking about shit they have absolutely no clue about. What a shock.

>> No.4252580

>>4252521
Combat is still one of the best games ever. Fishing Derby is a favorite "hidden gem" on the system. Most of the shmups are cool. One of the best 10 consoles ever made to this day.

>> No.4252581

>>4252580
>Fishing Derby is a favorite "hidden gem" on the system.
Yeah, not really a hidden gem, and neither are any of the other Activision titles. They're widely considered some of the best games on the console, and Activision probably has the lowest game to shit ratio of any developer for the system.

>> No.4252591

>>4252521

Says the retard who bothered to even start a thread about it. Is /vr/ officially /v/ 2.0?

>> No.4252595

>>4252572
>It was the first console with game cartridges containing unique roms
Except for the Fairchild VES and (technically) the Bally HLC, right? You know, for someone who's constantly trying to use his alleged age as some sort of appeal to authority, you always seem pretty clueless about anything that happened during the time.

>> No.4252596
File: 68 KB, 308x233, 1499222169759.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4252596

>>4252527
>he thinks Atari is the first home console

>> No.4252615
File: 2.16 MB, 352x288, Atari doing 3D in 1983.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4252615

>>4252596

the first home console that actually matters. Not to mention that Atari also invented arcades. But you /vr/tards only like to suck Nintendo dicks

>Nintendo creates the Famicom, that doesnt have anything original, but it has the best of all previous systems
>everyone sucks their dicks to this day

>Atari makes the 2600, that may not be the first console, but is the one that made everything right
>HURR DURR THE 2600 SUCKS

Just accept it, you guys dont like Atari

>> No.4252617

>>4252615
>time to randomly prop up a nintendo strawman and start beating on it

Why?

>> No.4252623

>>4252615

Nintenyearolds are insufferable little cunts, but I don't think they really apply here.

>> No.4252625

>>4252615
>a console so bad it crashed its own market
yeah fucking great system you have there buddy

>> No.4252631
File: 362 KB, 640x480, ATHFVideoOuija.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4252631

>>4252617
>>4252623

im not trying to take on Nintendo, im just using the Famicom as an example of a console that changed the market for good and is respected to this day, even by me. But the 2600 is most of the time despised or even ignored for most posters here.

>> No.4252634

>>4252631
>But the 2600 is most of the time despised or even ignored for most posters here.
Think about the average age of a poster here, and remember that Nintendo is still around in the public eye.

>> No.4252659

VCS games have all the depth of 2000s Flash games. There's not much to discuss with them.

>> No.4252664

>>4252615
Yet even in atari's heyday there were better alternatives. Atari 2600 used nintendo's own philosophy for consoles before nintendo did it. Sell an under powered piece of shit and market it towards kids.

>> No.4252845
File: 3 KB, 320x240, dragonstomper2_1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4252845

Don't mind me, just being the first console RPG over here, and a damn fine game to boot.

OP is a faggot

>> No.4252850

>>4252659

If I wanted depth, I could just go fuck your fatass mom, but sometimes I just don't feel like climbing "The Mountain." That's when Atari helps me to forget about my fat, ugly wife and my good-for-nothing Atari-hating son.

>> No.4252854
File: 45 KB, 1200x675, imageproxy.php.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4252854

Literally the worst controller ever made

>> No.4252872 [DELETED] 

>>4252595
I was a baby 40 years ago, I think I'm pretty clear about my exact age. The Channel F slipped my mind since I've literally never seen one with my own eyes but I legit never had any idea the Astrocade had an earlier version that was taking orders in 1977. That's interesting! I had an opportunity to pick up an Astrocade from an old dude that had a truly ancient game store I wish I'd taken pictures of but he wanted too much for it and he's probably dead now since this was about 9-10 years ago.

>> No.4252876

>>4252872
I was a baby 40 years ago, I think I'm pretty clear about my exact age. The Channel F slipped my mind since I've literally never seen one with my own eyes but I legit never had any idea the Astrocade had an earlier version that was taking orders in 1977. That's interesting! I had an opportunity to pick up an Astrocade from an old dude that had a truly ancient game store I wish I'd taken pictures of but he wanted too much for it and he's probably dead now since this was about 9-10 years ago.

>> No.4252895

>>4252526
The arcade ports are unique experiences because they don't really play like the arcade games. Not all of them are good of course, but Space Invaders for example, is a pretty different take on the formula and plays great. That and 2600 'Exclusives' like Yars Revenge are pretty rad. Also if you haven't played 4 player Warlords sitting around a huge CRT with paddle controllers, you haven't experienced what makes the 2600 great.

>> No.4252925
File: 114 KB, 600x504, 2600_MedievalMayhem_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4252925

>>4252895

>Warlords
>not the superior Medieval Mayhem

It's one of the best homebrew carts IMO.

>> No.4252931

>>4252527
Fuck, I love Keystone Kapers.

>> No.4252939

>>4252925
I haven't tried much Atari homebrew, but I've heard good things about that.

>> No.4252945

>>4252939

The homebrew community's turned out some real gems. Toyshop Troubles is fantastic, too.
I gotta get the Adventure sequels one of these days.

>> No.4252967

>>4252521

Underage detected.

>> No.4253502

>>4252521
I think the only people who care about how old a console is are the ones younger than it. So I don't care how old it is, but I do still enjoy playing on it.

>> No.4253514
File: 12 KB, 300x308, A piece of shit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4253514

>>4252854
That's not the 5200 joystick.

>> No.4253520

>>4252521
No, but I almost never give a shit about these constant media/product/character/etc birthdays I keep seeing all over the goddamn internet.

Anyway, I love my Atari 2600 and I've enjoyed playing it since I was 4 (27 years ago, my god). Still have the same one and a good 80-90 carts for it.

>>4252527
Good list, Megamania needs more love. I think Warlords should be on there but whatev. Oh wait, Enduro is missing too, that's a crime.

>> No.4253524

>>4252925
Oh shit I should I have finished the thread before replying I guess.

Whatever this is, it looks like I need this in my life. I'm guessing a ROM is available but without paddles there would be no point, if it's anything like Warlords.

>> No.4253529

>>4252527
It's just not that fun and looks like shit.
My first game system was Intellivision, while I played it a lot as soon as Nintendo came out I never touched it again. It was instantly forgettable in comparison

>> No.4253573

>>4253524

It's like Warlords 2, made as a labor of love by a guy who was super into the original Warlords.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR_B857oJo4

Yeah, you can play it on an emu, but you really need paddles and some buddies over.

>> No.4253643

>>4252521
I was offline all day yesterday.
Happy Birthday you wooden hunk of garbage. Mine's still hooked up.

>> No.4253781

>>4253573
I wish there was a Warlords port for the 7800 that looked closer to the arcade port.

https://youtu.be/8k9e-kplK5g

I just really like the look of it.

>> No.4253896

>>4253573
Mmmnf. That looks amazing to play.

Every attempt that I've made over the years to try to emulate the paddle well enough for high-level Kaboom! have failed miserably. Never tight and precise enough. This NEEDS to be played on a 2600.

>> No.4255130

>>4253781
I wish that Activison made ports of their games for the 7800.

I wish that Intellivision and sega made 7800 ports, just to spite Nintendo.

The 7800 could have been such a great system.

Fuck the Tramiels

>> No.4255136

>>4252521
I wasn't aware it turned 40, but I'm glad you brought it to my attention. It might be from before my time, but I have nothing but respect for this thing.

>> No.4255148

>>4252845
I'm honestly amazed Dragonstomper exists. I never thought the 2600 could pull off something like this.

>> No.4255153

Breakout is worth playing on Atari considering so many of its future remakes suck.

>> No.4255158

The graphics and sound are way too primitive. Not everything ages like wine

>> No.4255181
File: 1.12 MB, 640x1136, IMG_4881.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4255181

>>4252595
Babbages btfo

Pic related (it's him)

>> No.4255190

>>4255148

The Supercharger was a great upgrade. I had one as a kid, until it got stolen. Phaser Patrol and Dragonstomper were my favorites.

>> No.4255196
File: 38 KB, 122x128, snip.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4255196

>>4255181
hey guys its anthony fantano, the internets busiest music nerd

>> No.4255215

Mine's still working. First console of my life at 2yo, I've played the Atari Pacman for high scores at home until forever. Great version.

>> No.4255265
File: 41 KB, 900x623, frostbite2600Screen.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4255265

>>4252521
there is probably 20 to 25 atari games worth playing and half a are made by Activision. The rest have aged horribly and will only be appreciated by 40 something year olds who grew up with the console. Pitfall 2 is one of my favorites and was way ahead of its time. Literally never gets talked about today either.

>> No.4255405

>>4252527
Most of the 2600's bestselling games were cut down arcade ports, or otherwise had better ports to more powerful systems.

There's just not a whole lot to discuss about it.

>> No.4255419

>>4253573
>There's a warlords 2
Fucking hell, Warlords is one of my favorites.

>> No.4255442

>>4255215
I have a woodgrain six switcher from 1978 that still works like it was made yesterday. No moving parts means things last waaaaay longer.
>>4255405
>There's just not a whole lot to discuss about it.
there's just not much to discuss about the console that started the home gaming industry that is now a multi billionaire dollar craze. lmao

>> No.4255492

I like the kinda games Atari has, games where you just play until you die an get a High-Score sometimes can be more fun than beatable games.

>> No.4255512

>>4255181
I'm a little embarrassed for forgetting Channel F but I don't really know why you think I'll be embarrassed by that pic. It's not like I'm unaware of my thinning hair until I see a pic of myself from behind - although it does remind me I should keep the rest of my hair shorter than it is in that pic.

>>4255196
That guy's pretty cool

>> No.4255519

>>4252521
It was the first home console for many people. Before the nes and sms.

I loved joust

I didn't even have one, just used to go to my neighbors erry day

Maybe it's just not important for younger people

>> No.4255530

>>4255519
>Maybe it's just not important for younger people

Eh, in the grand scheme of things, nothing is important. That goes double for anything on a Mongolian beadworking usenet group.

>> No.4255547

Nobody really cares about pre-third generation consoles. Too primitive for anything but the simplest arcade games - ported badly.

>> No.4255565

>>4252527
Where's freakin' Enduro?

>> No.4255581

>>4255565

Yeah, that list kinda sucks. It's heavy on the arcade ports, and lacking great 2600 games like Enduro, or Pressure Cooker, or Dragonfire, or Empire Strikes Back. Plus all the great homebrew that's come out, as mentioned earlier.

Also the Atari 400/800 section is woefully inadequate. Just for starters, no Blue Max? The Atari 800 version of Blue Max is fantastic.

>> No.4255583

>>4255547
>Too primitive for anything but the simplest arcade games - ported badly.

Refer to this chart >>4252527

there were a few dozen great original titles for the 2600

>> No.4255710

>>4255512
>tripfag gonna tripfag

>> No.4256443

>>4255512
Reasons why you are now, and always will be, a fucking laughingstock around here. You are nothing, and you know nothing. The fact that you're in your forties is pretty much all you've got going for you, and you're not even alone here in that respect.

>> No.4256453

>>4255181
How did you happen upon this photo of cabbage cunt? I thought you were joking until the retard literally confirmed it was real.

>> No.4256456

>>4256443
The fact that he is in his forties makes him even more laughable.

>> No.4256461
File: 368 KB, 1008x955, how-to-deal-with-tripfags.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4256461

Less giving attention to tripfags, more cool Atari stuff.

>> No.4256568

>>4256443
I like Babbages, atleast he has some interesting things to say unlike you. You're just a cunt for no reason. You're worth less than him since you have nothing interesting to offer.

>> No.4256628

>>4256443
(you)

>>4256453
I posted it for him since he has a huge crush on me

>> No.4256686

>>4256568
>>4256628
I'm sure these two posts are from two totally different people.

>> No.4256701

By far, the worst thing about tripfags are the people who respond to them.

>> No.4256717

>>4256568
Don't be a fucking coward and post crap like that without your trip. And no, you never seem to have anything interesting to say. When you're not getting stuff factually wrong, your posts are usually just
>ho ho ho, kids! look at me! i was alive during the "golden age" of gaming! i'm the cool old video game wizard! respect me and treat me like your tribal elder!
and other such tripe. I'm sorry you feel like you have to come to a place like 4chan in order to get the following and reputation you feel entitled to, but it just isn't working out. While uncommon, people around your age aren't all that rare here. And the actual kids couldn't care less about anything you have to say. They weren't around for whatever you're babbling on about, and if they do a quick Google search they usually find out you're wrong anyway.

>> No.4256742
File: 17 KB, 692x612, ye_olde_bullshat.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4256742

>>4256717
>cool old video game wizard

>> No.4256860

>>4256686
>>4256717
> because I'm totally going to take 20 minutes to samefag
It's pretty funny how absolutely sure you are of so, so, so many wrong things. I promise never to forget about the historically critical Fairchild Channel F again though. I owe you that much.

>> No.4256879

>>4256860
Yes that's exactly what you'd do.

You wily old fox you.

>> No.4256934

>>4256860
>> because I'm totally going to take 20 minutes to samefag
And yet you did. And it was kinda pathetic.

>> No.4256950
File: 19 KB, 1577x254, babbage's gramps .png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4256950

>>4256860

>> No.4256978
File: 36 KB, 407x367, How To Filter Me.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4256978

>>4256950
You're using an extension for some reason. Here's how normal users would filter me. Please go ahead and do so anytime you feel like you should direct some shitpost at me because I tend to reply which tends to enrage shitposters which leads to some actual quality posters becoming annoyed. Here's how to actually do it since apparently your extension is broken.

>> No.4256989

>>4252521
Only dumpster divers. The system was trash and is duly forgotten.

>> No.4256995

>>4252615
>Atari console
>the one that made everything right
>tanks the NA console business til Nintendo comes around to clean up the mess

Stay mad.

>> No.4256997

>>4252854
Agreed
The plastic contact brackets constantly broke on this piece of shit.

>> No.4256998

>>4252615
>Atari invented arcades
LOLOLOLOLOL

>> No.4257008

Spider Fighter is one of my favorite arcade games it's so much fun.

>> No.4257038

I like Atari games an I was born in 89.

>> No.4257387

>>4256978
>since you're obviously not going to give me the attention i want, you're useless to me so just filter me so i can move on to more hopeful anons
Just leave. Fucking leave and never come back.

>> No.4257397

>>4257387
You have some truly profound cynicism, Anon. Whatever is so horribly wrong in your world that you honestly see me this way and can't help but harangue me in every thread you see me in just because I have a trip, I sincerely hope it gets better. Until then for the sake of your own sanity I really think you should actually follow through with your repeated declarations and filter me. For your own good, even notwithstanding the good of the board.

>> No.4257413

>>4256998
well considering they were the first to ever put an arcade machine in a location and the first to have people go in just to play it, that sounds about right. Also, Nolan Bushnell did do computer space at Nutting, but they didn't really sell many, and it certainly didn't spark the phenomenon of people going to places specifically just to play video games.

>> No.4257421
File: 10 KB, 1920x1080, Neat.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4257421

>>4252845

>It's possible to win without killing the dragon

I learned something new about this game, about 30 years after I first played it.

>> No.4257542

>>4257397
>Whatever is so horribly wrong in your world that you honestly see me this way
Nothing is horribly wrong in my world, I just recognize attention-whoring wannabe cult leaders when I see them. You're certainly not the first one that's tried on 4chan over the years.
>repeated declarations and filter me
I've made no such declaration.
>even notwithstanding the good of the board.
Nope. It's my intention to derail whatever thread your idiotic nonsense is in whenever I happen across it. If you can be a middle-aged waste of life trying to gain some following among a bunch of kids in a place where anonymity is the culture, then expect people like me to constantly be on your ass about it.

The reality of the matter is that you're a nobody, and the anonymous culture this site fosters and the average age of its userbase are what attracts you to this place. If everyone had a name, you'd be just another nondescript poster that everyone ignored. If everyone was around your age, all the things you think impress the kiddos about being in your forties would be equally worthless. On some level, you've already figured out that it isn't any different here, even with your incessant tripfagging and appeals to your age. No one is impressed with you. No one has a shred of respect for you here, even the handful of people who communicate civilly with you. They really just wish you'd drop the trip and act like a normal person, they just won't say it as to not derail the thread in question. I have no such reservations.

You have nothing insightful, entertaining, or interesting to say. You never have, and you never will. Why you feel like you're entitled to be some sort of weird "retro elder" is as scary as it is bizarre, especially when it seems like you know exactly jack and shit about the subject despite having lived through most of its history. It becomes absolutely depressing when one considers that you've probably tried it everywhere else, and 4chan is your last refuge.

>> No.4257573

>>4257397
I enjoy your commentary
Have you watched angry video game nerd

>> No.4258165
File: 206 KB, 640x480, vlcsnap-2016-07-03-14h29m02s717.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4258165

>>4257542
You have assumed completely and fundamentally wrong things about the very basis of my motivations which necessarily leads to you being wildly, even comically far off target with your attacks based on those assumptions.

Furthermore, I think you are making fundamentally wrong assumptions about not just why some anons choose to tripfag (to become "cult leaders"? seriously? lol) but even on the reason most anons are anons.

I'm sorry that you can't just ignore the small fact that I've chosen to pseudonymously sign my posts on /vr/. I'm sorry that just because it references my age - in what even I took as a negative euphamism when anon originally referred to me with it. I don't act like my age gives me some kind of objective authority on all matters. Sometimes I forget something like Channel F - especially since it was before my time. I might have shared a childhood experience instead like I did in that 99/4a thread but you derailed THAT thread because I simply used the word "we" to refer to my family and yes, I recognize your writing style from thread to thread.

No. I am not "appealing to age", which isn't even a thing. I am sharing my experiences and perspectives and participating in discussion. When I'm actually wrong like itt, I own it but during my adolescence and young adulthood I was all about this shit and I am very confident in my memory and that the things I say about the console video game scene in the 90s and even the late 80s stand up to full scrutiny. So much so that I sign them. Maybe my warming toward the moniker "gramps" was somewhat related to the agedfag wave of 2016- and I'm sure just that alone is enough to burn your biscuits ten more threads' worth at least.

>> No.4258202
File: 48 KB, 600x450, 323909259_l.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4258202

>>4257542

So seriously, just filter me and save those ten threads. You think that these attacks you make on me are wearing away at my ego but in reality you're just missing completely. Sure I do kind of enjoy posting on 4chan including other boards where I'm anon but this pseudonymous identity means very very little to me - mainly just a way to sign my posts. My ego is not invested in it. The fact that you assume it is just tells me that you can't even imagine how happy and satisfied I am with my offline life which makes me feel great and reminds me to appreciate it. I'm sure this is the opposite of the effect you're trying to have.

>>4257573
See, that's the thing. Even if I did decide to actually do some project with this retro video game scene I would certainly create a new different pseudonymous identity as I do with any writing or when I did videos in the '00s. Nobody has ever been a "famous 4chan tripfag" and "former 4chan tripfag" is not on very many e-celebs' resumes. If I'm gaining anything from 4chan, it's just practice of a certain casual post-ironic writing style that's in vogue.

That's just the thing, with someone like vitriol-anon, he hates this image that he has of me so intensely that he already frequently accuses other anons of being me. He's afraid to filter me because he can't stand even knowing I'm posting from normal anons' normal on-topic discussions with me. Just imagine what would happen if he got his wish and I dropped the trip, he would still recognize my writing style and feel the need to derail threads over THAT or over whatever he might invent at the time. Think about if I got busier and didn't post for a few months. Any other anon who might allude to his happy married life or partying in the 90s or having a loving 80s childhood could get torn into at any time for being me. If he's really insane, now that I've mentioned I use other pseudonyms he might decide anybody online anywhere could be me. This is how people lose their minds.

>> No.4258304

>>4258165
>leads to you being wildly, even comically far off target
I'm not even remotely wrong about you, and you know it. More importantly, everyone else does, too.
>it references my age
Much like most of your zero-effort posts. Not surprising.
>I don't act like my age gives me some kind of objective authority on all matters.
No, just most matters. And you're still usually wrong then, too.
>I recognize your writing style from thread to thread.
Apparently you don't, as this is the first time I've ever been so disgusted with your attention whoring as to tear into you for it.
>I am very confident in my memory and that the things I say about the console video game scene in the 90s and even the late 80s stand up to full scrutiny.
And yet the vast majority of it doesn't stand up to even cursory scrutiny, as is evidenced by a quick look through the archives.

>>4258202
>You think that these attacks you make on me are wearing away at my ego
No, I don't. The average tripfag has deluded themselves so deeply that their ego is the one thing you can't chip away at. I'm just blowing off steam. Thread after thread of your incessant, hollow, and self-indulgent bullshit has finally gotten to me. I'll admit it.

>My ego is not invested in it.
Yes, it is. 100%. You know it, I know it, anyone who's been on 4chan longer than a week knows it. There is, quite literally, no other reason to take a name for yourself where anonymity is the norm. What makes it worse in your particular case is that your ego is the ONLY thing you have to invest in it, as you never have anything insightful or factual to say. Finally, your pathetic and backhanded attempt to accuse other people of paranoia are as transparent as they are disingenuous. You've convinced yourself that there's at least one person here who's out to get you. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that I wasn't among them until this thread.

>> No.4258323

>>4252521
Nope

>> No.4258368

>>4258304
I explained my entire process quite candidly and still you think it's... an act? affectation? I mean you can continue "blowing off steam" at me and I assure you it'll never, ever get to me and I think it's unhealthy for you (and the board). I look at the archives pretty often and I invite you to bring my attention to any time I was factually incorrect without owning up to it in the same thread. If I missed any, I'll gladly apologize for it but I don't think there'd be enough even for a classic anti-trip image macro, probably even including ones I've acknowledged. They're mostly very small "gotcha" kind of microfacts like the one itt. Not things that normal anons would find to prove me stupid or egotistical or whatever it is you think I am that you're trying to prove I'm not.

You claim this is the first time you've derailed a thread yet just earlier in this thread there was another post where anon promised to derail every thread he saw me in. Maybe there really are more anons than I realize with your particular vitriol but the likelihood of two of them tag-teaming, responding singularly back and forth seems a bit unlikely to me. I want for you to get your steam blown off permanently, Anon or better yet for you to turn down the fire on you that's building it up. I doubt it's actually me but maybe it's someone you'd like to go off on this way and maybe you should! Don't suffer destructive relationships.

>> No.4258775

>>4258323
You cared enough to post that comment.

>> No.4258881

>>4258202
I was just asking if you watched angry video game nerd yet.
I asked you to watch it in a thread a few months ago and asked me if your "girls" would like it. I said yes and now all I am asking is if you watched it yet.
No malice or anything. Like I said, I enjoy your posts.

>> No.4258912

>>4258304
This. I agree with everything you've said here. In fact, I've said almost the exact same thing multiple times. Any time you call him out on being a douchebag, he defaults to this defensive stance where he says "n-no that's not what I'm doing, you're wrong", and then writes you a fucking essay about how he just "decides to start identifying himself 3 years after being an anon for the longest time", almost verbatim. As if that somehow makes it less gay. The inescapable flaw in his logic is this: if he did want a bunch of virgins on the internet to blow him for his demonstrating his uh, "knowledge", he wouldn't use a trip. Nobody uses a trip for any reason other than to attract attention and, as you said, promote themselves as some kind of elder god who anons can look to for guidance, thereby fellating his ego. He will tell you 1000 times that this isn't why he's doing it, but it is. There isn't much more I can say that you haven't already said, but I just want to make him aware that literally 99% of the people on this board feel the same way you do about him. He comes off as a pretentious faggot with his "insightful commentary" on subjects that he knows nothing about, gets fucking assblasted by being wrong about everything and then starts talking about how it's "everyone else" that's ruining the board and derailing the thread instead of him. He could easily just become anonymous, make the SAME exact contributions and not incite these constant shit wars, but he purposely chooses to continue inciting them by using the trip.

To sum it up, cabbage is a smug cunt with a victim complex that is one of the worst things about this board.

>> No.4258928
File: 619 KB, 264x264, AutismCube.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4258928

>>4258912
You know what, I think his normal moniker is an unfitting name for him. From this day fourth, I will refer to him as cabbage "pumpkin-pussy" baby pants, because I imagine his pussy must look like a swollen pumpkin after the hardcore daily fuckings he receives.

>> No.4258936

>>4252527
Back then the majority was just "get a high score" arcade style stuff. It's not the sort of thing many really want to go back to. It's like how nobody likes anything that's extremely early NES outside of SMB1

>> No.4258956

>>4258936

>nobody likes old arcade stuff or early NES titles

>He said on /vr/ of all places

>> No.4258963

>>4258956
i'm talking about the stuff like Urban Champion and Ice Climber for early NES. Besides, if someone wanted to play the arcade games these days, they wouldn't have to settle for a port on the 2600/NES.

>> No.4259000

>>4258881
Oh! Yes I did watch the ghosts n goblins episode with them and we agreed it was terrible so we just watched the gccx Makaimura episode which they liked buthe didn't want to watch more because of the subtitles.

>>4258912
See the thing is that it doesn't matter whether you agree or not. You can be as upset as you want about things you have a limited understanding of but when you day things like "the only reason someone would do this thing is because this" and "99% of anons think this" it would be hard to make your projection any more obvious. In 95% of the threads I post in no one feels the need to baselessly attack me simply for using a trip or some pedantic excuse. Then it's only about half of those 5% of threads in which someone or I guess possibly someones decide they need to absolutely lose their shit about my typically succinct but admittedly glib retorts. It's only when you get yourself/yourselves stirred into a full on furor that I take the time to explain my motivations. I don't really see how that's a victim complex or really even how someone could possibly be arrogant and have a victim complex at the same time but if you have any actual suggestions as to how I could be more pleasant and conductive I'd be happy to hear them (I've been a pretty mean person at times in the past) but if they begin and end with my trip then maybe you should think about the implications of that and what it actually is that your jimmies are getting so rustled by.

>> No.4259004

>>4258928
Ha! Classic Anon!

>> No.4259030

>>4258912

He wants attention. You keep giving it to him. Stop it. See pic related >>4256461

>> No.4259068

>>4259030
See, normally I would agree with you, but the reality is that no matter what you do, somebody is going to give him attention. I might not, you might not, 30 other people might not, but somebody will, and he will continue to feed off of it. So, the only answer is to simply make him feel as bad about his degenerate activities as possible in the hopes of one day reforming him into something resembling less of a faggot.

>>4259000
>typical defensive stance
>"you're wrong"
>writes yet another essay
Oh pumpkin pussy.

>> No.4259081

>>4259000
Gramps, I want to approach you a different way. See, I don't think you're a bad guy, but I do believe you've deluded yourself into thinking that using a trip isn't a retarded activity. So, I pose this simple question for you: in your own words, tell me how you using a trip adds something to this board, or adds something to your own life, if not solely to suck your own cock. How does your use of a trip enhance the experience of this board for anyone?

I'm genuinely curious as to how you will rationalize this.

>> No.4259110

>>4259068
>See, normally I would agree with you, but the reality is that no matter what you do, somebody is going to give him attention.

If some autist shits in the aisle of the supermarket, does that mean you should drop your pants and plop one down yourself?

If the tripfag's telling the truth, you're wasting your time trying to shame him. If you're right that he's just attention whoring, then you're just giving him the very thing he wants, which will only encourage him. The only sensible move with an attention whore is to ignore him.

>>4259081
Alternately, you can do like this guy and assume the tripfag's telling the truth and engage him about his faggotry on that level, and hope he'll see reason. I've actually seen a tripfag drop his trip that way once. I have never once seen a tripfag say "Oh no, haters!" and drop his trip due to negative attention. And I've been here waaay too long.

>> No.4259116

>>4255442
>there's just not much to discuss about the console that started the home gaming industry

What would you like to discuss about it other than the fact that is was a shitty console that kicked off home gaming?
All of the games have better versions on other consoles, and many of its games were shitty arcade ports, and then to top it all of Atari was so incompetent that they killed the very console market they created.

>> No.4259124
File: 302 KB, 294x266, [Angry Bard Noises].gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4259124

>>4259116
>All of the games have better versions on other consoles


Here, I'll play you a song to accompany your LIES.

>> No.4259151

>>4252615
>webm

This is really good for Atari 2600. I did not know it could handle such games.

>> No.4259159

>>4259151
That's not the 2600.

That's from an I,Robot arcade machine, which had loads of custom hardware designed specifically for it.

>> No.4259174

>>4259081
how do trips change anything other than going from assuming there are multiple people being faggots, to "oh that guys just being a faggot again"

>> No.4259274

>>4259081
As I've explained twice already in this thread, using a trip is simply how I take responsibility for my posts. The quality of the board had been really sliding for some time and I wanted to take a stand and make the kind of posts I think /vr/ should have. I'm sure you're going to go on to point out how it creates drama but the fact is there was already drama and extreme baseless negativity running rampant well before this year. I am absolutely sure that these are the same anons who attack me in threads like this one and it's my intention to let them get themselves so angry over my consistency that they themselves either leave or get all their "blowing off steam" done at me rather than at the normal anons in basically every single thread, the way it was getting to be last year.

>>4259110
I've been on 4chan a pretty long time myself and I've seen plenty of tripfags who do it constructively. I also only trip on /vr/ except when I forget to turn it off when I post which mortifies me. One of the funniest things is that there are other boards where I'm a recognized anon and they've made very dramatically different assumptions about me so that's proof positive it's not my personality that leads to these ideas.

>>4259174
I mean, with the debatable exception of these meta-discussions on the very nature of -chan culture I try very hard to make quality posts. Please refer me to any of my archived posts where I've been a faggot in any way other than engaging shitposters.

>> No.4259313

>>4259274
>I've been on 4chan a pretty long time myself and I've seen plenty of tripfags who do it constructively.

Yes, those guys contribute something. They make stuff or share stuff or in some other way have a reason why someone would want to be able to pick them out of the crowd. You don't, you're just one more average schmuck posting his hot opinions about stuff.
You don't need a trip to improve the quality of posts on 4chan, you just need to make good posts. I guess if you feel like having a trip helps you do that, then go ahead, but I don't see how it accomplishes anything except making you look like you don't belong.

>> No.4259384

>>4259274
>As I've explained twice already in this thread
Oh, you've explained it more than twice, but yeah probably two times in this thread.
>The quality of the board had been really sliding for some time
Bullshit. This board is fine. Comparatively speaking, it's one of the better ones on the entire website. Feel free to attribute that to whatever you choose. Personally, I think it's the marginally older average age that the subject matter attracts - save for insipid and annoying tripfags - but I digress.
>make the kind of posts I think /vr/ should have.
Really? You think this board needs posts from some weird old mental case poser who doesn't really understand the subject material and is really just hoping to leverage his age into respect he didn't earn?
>there are other boards where I'm a recognized anon
No, there aren't. Not a one. This is just another lie you've told yourself to justify your ego-posting.
>they've made very dramatically different assumptions about me
Well, then that should tell you something, shouldn't it? Maybe when you communicate with people on the same level as they do to you, they're more inclined to listen to what you have to say, even if it's completely useless? Nah, this couldn't be the case, though. You'd have no reason to trip if it was.
>Please refer me to any of my archived posts where I've been a faggot in any way
How about you refer us to archived posts demonstrating that you're something more than just a clueless poser who spends half his time getting blown out for being wrong and the other half shitposting?

>> No.4259402 [DELETED] 

>>4258368
>and still you think it's... an act?
Yes, I think you're as full of shit as the day is long. And you're not very good at it, either.

>I look at the archives pretty often
Do you really spend that much time jacking off to your own posts? And we're supposed to believe this isn't about your scorching case of unwarranted self-importance?

>They're mostly very small "gotcha" kind of microfacts like the one itt.
No, erroneously believing that the VCS was the first cartridge-based home console is not a "gotcha microfact," it's a complete lack of even basic knowledge about the hobby.

>Maybe there really are more anons than I realize with your particular vitriol
No, there's no "maybe" about it. You don't have any illusions about how widely you're hated here.

>I doubt it's actually me
No, it's you and people like you. You can't even show the board even a fucking modicum of respect. You can't even talk to us on the same level as we talk to you, and that's like spitting in our fucking faces. You throw that idiotic tripcode on and parade your hot opinions around the board like you're somehow above the rest of us, and it's enraging. And then, when people finally reach their breaking point and call you on it, you retreat into this pathetic martyr act and accuse everyone else of being the bad guy - of being the disrespectful ones. Fuck you.

>> No.4259410 [DELETED] 

>>4258368
>and still you think it's... an act?
Yes, I think you're as full of shit as the day is long. And you're not very good at it, either.

>I look at the archives pretty often
Do you really spend that much time jacking off to your own posts? And we're supposed to believe this isn't about your scorching case of unwarranted self-importance? We're supposed to think your ego isn't driving your disruptive and unwanted behavior?

>They're mostly very small "gotcha" kind of microfacts like the one itt.
No, erroneously believing that the VCS was the first cartridge-based home console is not a "gotcha microfact," it's a complete lack of even basic knowledge about the hobby.

>Maybe there really are more anons than I realize with your particular vitriol
No, there's no "maybe" about it. You don't have any illusions about how widely you're hated here.

>I doubt it's actually me
No, it's you and people like you. You can't show this board even a fucking modicum of respect. You can't even talk to us on the same level as we talk to you, and that's like spitting in our fucking faces. You throw that idiotic tripcode on and parade your hot opinions around the board like you're somehow above the rest of us, and it's enraging. You act like anything about what you say or who you are entitles you to a name and a history here. And then, when people finally reach their breaking point and call you on it, you retreat into this pathetic martyr act and accuse everyone else of being the bad guy or somehow "misunderstanding" you. Fuck you for that.

>> No.4259414
File: 151 KB, 678x745, e79253d7d06a2a152145a32370eab928--atari-video-game.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4259414

>>4255265

Activision was the best. I loved Frostbite when it came out. Even took a picture of my high score (yes on film,) had it developed, and mailed it in to get this neat patch. Ah good times..

>> No.4259418

>>4258368
>and still you think it's... an act?
Yes, I think you're as full of shit as the day is long. And you're not very good at it, either.

>I look at the archives pretty often
Do you really spend that much time jacking off to your own posts? And we're supposed to believe this isn't about your scorching case of unwarranted self-importance? We're supposed to think your ego isn't driving your disruptive and unwanted behavior?

>They're mostly very small "gotcha" kind of microfacts like the one itt.
No, erroneously believing that the VCS was the first cartridge-based home console with "unique roms" (your words, not mine) is not a "gotcha microfact," it's a complete lack of even basic knowledge about the hobby.

>Maybe there really are more anons than I realize with your particular vitriol
No, there's no "maybe" about it. You don't have any illusions about how widely you're hated here.

>I doubt it's actually me
No, it's you and people like you. You can't show this board even a fucking modicum of respect. You can't even talk to us on the same level as we talk to you, and that's like spitting in our fucking faces. You throw that idiotic tripcode on and parade your hot opinions around the board like you're somehow above the rest of us, and it's enraging. You act like anything about what you say or who you are entitles you to a name and a history here. And then, when people finally reach their breaking point and call you on it, you retreat into this pathetic martyr act and accuse everyone else of being the bad guy or somehow "misunderstanding" you. Fuck you for that.

>> No.4259419

>>4259274
I appreciate you being here.

>> No.4259421

>>4259419
You're just a bad but this isn't about you, but you'll reply to this to make it about you anyway won't you?

>> No.4259423

>>4259419
Yeah, in as much as you're hoping the presence of other tripfags will somehow legitimize you.

>> No.4259425
File: 25 KB, 267x200, IMG_5361.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4259425

>> No.4259427

See what happens? You reply to tripfags and more tripfags come running to bathe in the attention parade.

>> No.4259429

>>4259427
Like clockwork. Another faggot is getting the attention they think they deserve, and we can't have that.

>> No.4259457

>>4259313
>but I don't see how it accomplishes anything except making you look like you don't belong.
That's because he *doesn't* belong, but he can't go anywhere else. If he goes to a more traditional website he's not going to be a unique snowflake anymore, and he knows nothing he says is valuable enough to stand on its own. He needs the uniqueness of a tripcode or he's never going to have a conversation. I guess negative attention is better than none.

>> No.4259459 [DELETED] 

>>4259429
There's literally nothing wrong with using a tripcode. We are a natural part of 4chan's ecosystem; you are the flowers and we are the bees. We exist for your sake, so that your beauty can shine.

>> No.4259462

>>4259313
Welp, I'm here I've been here and I'll continue to be here. This is the first time I've tripped and I'm enjoying it. If it causes my posts to be more closely examined that's good and I like to think I'm pretty accepting of constructive criticism

>>4259384
>>4259410
But this "no u." level of meaningless contrarianism is just shitposting and yes I saw the post where you forgot that Odyssey 1 had cartridges without roms and corrected yourself after re-reading my original post where I had that on my mind instead of Channel F but I'm sure THAT'S fine.

>>4259419
That's great, Samantha.

>>4259457
You seriously think that here on the internet in the fifteenth most active board on the three hundredth most active site is the one place I have conversations. Just think about that. You actually believe that enough to try to make me feel bad about it.

>> No.4259473

>>4259462
>yes I saw the post where you forgot that Odyssey 1 had cartridges without roms
Yeah, it occurred to me after the fact that unless I was INCREDIBLY explicit with my terminology you'd be desperately trying to call me on it. Looks like I was right.
>my original post where I had that on my mind instead of Channel F
No, you didn't confuse the Odyssey 1 with the VES. I'm fairly certain you didn't even know the particulars of the O1 cartridges (or hardware) until right around last night, when you were feverishly beating on Google like it owed you money trying to find something to call someone else out on after your 2600 debacle.

Way to ignore the rest of my post, by the way. Glad we both know it's the truth.

>> No.4259480

Wasn't the 2600 the console that kick started 3rd party games? that's kinda a big deal.

>> No.4259481

>>4259480

Yes, the earlier systems were closed and you couldn't make cartridges for them.

>> No.4259483

>>4259473
If I wasn't thinking of Odyssey 1 why do you think I specifically qualified my statement about cartridges with roms? How can you talk about desperately trying to call out facts when that's literally exactly what you do? I suppose that's some other anon who does that right? And that garbage about how I don't treat YOU with respect. I mean I know that projection is a big 4chan buzzword but holy shit, Anon.

>> No.4259497

>>4259483
>If I wasn't thinking of Odyssey 1 why do you think I specifically qualified my statement about cartridges with roms?
I have no idea, really. I suppose it might have been a decent qualifier had the console you named not been preceded by one (arguably two) other ROM-based cartridge systems, though.
>How can you talk about desperately trying to call out facts when that's literally exactly what you do?
You mean like you just did to me? I'm not the one who corrected you about the VCS, although I'm glad someone bothered to. Hopefully it'll get you to actually bother learning something about this hobby you claim to love.
>And that garbage about how I don't treat YOU with respect.
You don't. Not me or anyone else on this board. The fact that you trip is example enough of that. Ironic, considering the very reason you feel the need to have a name in the first place is to garner the respect you think you deserve.

>> No.4259508

>>4259497
Your entire problem falls back time and time again on the simple fact that I use a tripcode and the many wrong assumptions you make based on that fact. You can't even see your own glaring personality flaws yet you are so confident you know mine that you keep relentlessly firing on empty waters.

>> No.4259512
File: 223 KB, 975x731, atari back mod.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4259512

I've been on 4chan for a *while*. I've been around long enough that remember the time m00t forgot to renew the domain and someone hijacked it from him. In all of that time, I've only ever used one tripcode, and it's only on /o/. And that tripcode I only use one one certain day of the week, and I only use it to start one single thread, only one thread per week, and never respond to any posts using that trip. It's kinda a joke, and people seem to like it.

My personal opinion: tripcodes are counter to what 4chan stands for. Anonymous is far more powerful. That one tripcode I use for humor's sake.

Besides, I can usually tell one Anon from another, just by writing style, so I don't even think tripcodes are necessary.

Now, saying that, I also don't see why Anon is attacking Gramps so viciously. If you ask me, it's wholly undeserved. Not everyone is perfect, not even Anonymous, but to just go on and on, berating, and belittling someone merely because they choose to use a trip, that's uncouth.

Picture related to thread. I've modded so many Atari 2600's and 7800's now, I can do that shit in my sleep.

>> No.4259516

>>4259512
And by the way, that was the very first 2600 I ever modded. No way on Earth I'll ever get the jacks that crooked ever again. I've learned a lot, including how to properly mark and measure where the jacks go.

>> No.4259521 [DELETED] 

>>4259462
My name is Jennifer.

>> No.4259529

>>4259508
>on the simple fact that I use a tripcode
Is it such a simple fact? Well, let's assume it is for the moment.

By your own admission, you understand that using a tripcode is not only universally shunned here, but also runs a high risk of derailing a thread by its mere presence. In the same breath, you often talk about a "sharp decline in board quality" and a need for you to "do your part to improve posting standards." Seems like you realize that simply dropping the tripcode (and the assumed air of pompous ass that accompanies it) would be more than your fair share to help board standards. And any quality posts you might make after the fact would be icing on the cake, right?

But you don't. You keep the trip and offer up nothing but flimsy excuses. (Hell, you're not even replying to accusations you can't defend anymore.) So, if you please, kindly feed me some more disingenuous tripe about "taking responsibility" for your posts and "improving board quality."

>> No.4259560

>>4259512
You're not the guy with the chickens are you? Or the one with the bush?
>>4259521
No it's not

>>4259529
>more patently spurious logic
please go on

>> No.4259574

>>4259560
I don't know anything about chickens or bushes. Sorry.

>> No.4259576

>>4259560
>please go on
No, really, explain to me why you seem to realize that one of the big things you could do to improve board/thread quality is something you're unwilling to do? Tell me why this is something you can't "take responsibility" for?

>> No.4259582
File: 1.07 MB, 640x1136, IMG_5367.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4259582

>>4259560

>> No.4259606 [DELETED] 

>>4259560
Did you develop a crush on this Samantha person in the brief conversation you had? I think it's a bit odd (and cute) that you still remember an inconsequential convo from 2013.

Every woman wants to feel beautiful and valued. If she's reading this thread, I bet you've really made her day.

>> No.4259681 [DELETED] 

>>4259576
Shitposters are going to shitpost. You all want to "blow off steam". One way to curtail it is to make it more frustrating than cathartic and I'm sure that I'm not a fun person to argue with - plus the added working benefit of pulling heat off anons who may be less centered than I am. It seems I can explain it a million times but whether you grasp it or not either way works for me.

>>4259606
Samantha is just what I call guys when they're acting like girls. Like "Don't forget your purse, Samantha!"

>> No.4259685

>>4259681
Oh okay, so you're trolling me. After I backed you up? You're a freakin' nerd.

>> No.4259687

>>4259681
>Shitposters are going to shitpost.

No kidding, you've been doing it right along with them for the past three hours at least, Mr. "I want to improve the board quality"

>> No.4259710 [DELETED] 

>>4259685
I'm being completely sincere with you. That's why I called that other so-called "transgender" Anon Samantha in 2013 and that's why I called you Samantha just now. In my experience, actually gay guys seem to really like the gag and me for some reason but I'm not sure about transexuals. I've never really known any and I expect they'd be both more sensitive than normal homos and also like five times as easy to joke about and apparently that's way uncool these days.

>> No.4259717

>>4259687
Yes, but here they all are expending all their shitposting energy on me instead of spreading it around.

>> No.4259718 [DELETED] 
File: 40 KB, 469x927, The other foot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4259718

>>4259582

>> No.4259720

>>4259681
This is completely irrelevant to the question I'm asking you. It's downright evasive. Since you, by your own admission, seem to understand that no one likes trips AND they attract shitposting, why not just drop the trip and do your part to "take responsibility" for the "sharp decline in post quality" you seem so concerned about? This would have the added benefit of incentivizing you to only post things that can stand on their own without any strings (or names) attached, AND wouldn't further contribute to shitshows much like this one we're in right now.

Sounds like a great solution, right?

>> No.4259724

>>4259717
Oh, yes, you're quite the martyr taking one for the team. What a saint. More like you don't have any answers to the questions you've been posited.

>> No.4259730

>>4259710
>homos
Ehh, this is kinda like calling a mentally disabled person a "retard" don't you think?

>> No.4259739
File: 46 KB, 290x290, dohohoho.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4259739

>>4259717
>see guys this is why i have to trip
>if i don't, all the shitposters will destroy the board
>look at me, i am the messiah
Give me a break.

>> No.4259758

>>4259717

>thread ruined
>you're welcome

Tripfags, everybody.

>> No.4259764

Why the fuck isn't tripfagging a banable offense, like avatar fagging is.

For fucks sake, if you aren't someone of importance, there's no fucking reason to have a trip.

>> No.4259778

>>4259710
I'm not a homo. I'm straight, I like men.

What, is that difficult to wrap your head around?

>> No.4259779

>>4259720
The vast majority of posters don't even notice whether or not a post has a trip. Again, I posted here daily for years anonymously, the same kind of posts I still make and the only people who ever gave me shit were the ever increasing influx of /v/ types who give everyone shit for no good reason. So now I make the same posts I always have but I've given you a terrible completely meaningless inconsequential reason, Bring it.

>>4259730
Well, I actually think that if we break it down the term "retarded" is less harsh than "mentally disabled" because retarded implies that a person might still catch back up to society while "disability" implies finality. You're actually pretty behind the times with "mental disability" even which has mainly become associated with people milking ssi. Real honest to God sub-60 i.q. brainlets are referred to as "nonstandard" or my personal favorite innocuous general term "atypical". Words change meaning constantly though so no matter what a negatively viewed thing gets called the term will always take on a negative connotation soon enough. I've actually come to be pretty fond of the regular "normal" homosexuals I know, who don't base their identity around it. They're also the ones with the best sense of humor about it.

>>4259758
If you haven't noticed, it's always this type of thread that I fully indulge you people in. The 99/4a thread, the supergun thread. Threads with topics that I like and I think look nice on page 1 but that historically don't end up going very far. /vr/ also has a surprisingly high bump limit so it's not like these bantz ever push it and it's not like I'm going to be awake much longer.

I'd love to wake up tomorrow to a prototype of Airworld being dumped in this thread but sadly I expect the butthurt will still be the main attraction.

>>4259764
There are boards that don't allow tripfagging like /soc/ for example. Just because you don't understand why it's still a fact that most boards do including this one.

>> No.4259789

Way to ruin a thread
I will never forget my Atari and never will hate Atari for anything they did, except dying of course and making their consoles in Taiwan instead of giving dem jobs to americans

>> No.4259791

>>4259779
>The vast majority of posters don't even notice whether or not a post has a trip.
Yeah, because the big green name and/or tripcode is real easy to miss.

>because retarded implies that a person might still catch back up to society
No, it doesn't. At all. What an odd thing to say, especially given the word's former position as an actual medical term.

>> No.4259802

>>4259779
Am I the only person who cringes at reading a bunch of 4chan slang being used by a middle aged guy? It just sounds artificial.

>> No.4259804

>>4259802
>cringe
Kill yourself

>> No.4259807

>>4252527
Then fuck off to another board, you autistic faggot.

/vr/ has always been like this

>> No.4259808
File: 100 KB, 500x285, VAeA885.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4259808

>>4259804
Would a picture help? You reek of phony.

>> No.4259816

Joust is just a classic

>> No.4259819

>>4259791
It literally, etymologically just means "slow" and "slow" still even flies. I think "delayed" is another one that's still okay despite being an almost drop-in synonym.

>>4259802
We are literally on 4chan having a meta discussion about the nature of 4chan and you can't accept the terminology? Oh well, I guess I can't accept that sevenleaf is passable so we all have our preconceptions.

>> No.4259823

>>4259819
>Oh well, I guess I can't accept that sevenleaf is passable so we all have our preconceptions.
Is this like a "trap" thing or something?

>> No.4259829
File: 27 KB, 214x317, IMG_5329.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4259829

>>4259718
I'm your biggest fan.
I like your picture which is why I post it.
My wife doesn't read 4chan though.
Sorry you didn't like avgn
I thought it was a prettt funny show.

>> No.4259832
File: 208 KB, 305x389, i_want_you_to_go_and_stay_go.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4259832

>>4259829
i want orson welles to go and stay go

>> No.4259840

>>4259819
Passable enough for my boyfriend, it turns out. You jelly? You still playing Breakout while the rest of us are playing Pong?

>> No.4259842

>>4259840
>implying he actually plays video games

>> No.4259845
File: 581 KB, 514x400, pressure cooker.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4259845

I think people are put off by how you need to read the manual to play most 2600 games.

>> No.4259851

>>4259842
It was a metaphor, ya dingdong!

>> No.4259856

>>4259840
>>4259842
I play Warlords

>> No.4259858

>>4259851
Oh great, now we have an autistic female counterpart to pumpkin-pussy gramps. The tripfags are multiplying.

>> No.4259861

>>4259856
On an actual arcade machine or on the first console with game cartridges containing unique roms?

>> No.4259870

>>4259858
sevenfaggot has been around for longer, but still, they're both cancer.

>> No.4259871
File: 35 KB, 700x438, teedus.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4259871

>>4259861
>On an actual arcade machine or on the first console with game cartridges containing unique roms?
Lmao

You shoulda' been there when he said the Dreamcast had no bad games.

>> No.4259876

>>4259871
Politely requesting an archive link to the thread in question. That's gotta be a fucking riot to read.

>> No.4259879
File: 133 KB, 1280x720, maxresdefault[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4259879

>>4259861
Still a metaphor although if I ever encountered a Warlords cocktail cabinet I would be ecstatic.

>> No.4259885

>>4259876
Oh man I can't believe I remembered how to find this. Then again, it was pretty memorable. You're in for a treat.

>>4233125

>> No.4259904

>>4259885
Wow, it's literally this thread only with an Amiga subject instead of an Atari one. This guy just constantly attracts drama like a magnet with his trip and completely idiotic opinions. He walks into the thread, drops his stupid and inflammatory opinions, promptly gets called out for them, and then goes into full victim complex damage mode - blaming everyone but himself for the slide into shitposting. I'm not even halfway through the thread yet.

>> No.4259909

>>4259904
Honestly, considering this is repeat behavior, is there any way to contact a mod about it?

>> No.4259914

>>4259909
Yeah, you can hop on the #4chan IRC room over at Rizon. That's the official point of contact for moderators. They're just going to tell you to filter him, though, as if that solves anything. Unless the whole damned board filters him, he's still going to be right there to derail threads every chance he gets.

>> No.4259918

>>4259876
>>4259885
I'm actually really happy with how that thread went. Basically a whole bunch of nintendrones absolutely lost their minds when I simultaneously praised the amiga by saying it was a system that had a small amount of great games among a bunch of terrible games and unacceptably insulted the N64 by saying it also had a small amount of great games among a bunch of terrible games. Then I went on to say that Dreamcast had "practically no terrible games" which is true. He went on to claim that Death Crimson OX was a terrible game.

>>4259909
Yes, there are ways to contact the mods go ahead and cry to them about my "victim complex" because that makes so much sense.

>> No.4259923

>>4259918
>I'm actually really happy about being a fucking retard
lol

>> No.4259928

>>4259918
The N64 was a good console one of the last good consoles made by Nintendo

>> No.4259932

>>4259918
It's not about your victim complex, you colossal faggot, it's about your rampant low quality, moral high grounding, derailing, factually incorrect, and unwanted shitposting.

And before you say you're acting as a magnet to shunt my anger into you rather than other innocent anons, no that's fucking wrong.
You are legit the only person on this board who can fucking piss me off to any extent.
A thread will be going along perfectly fine, and then you come barging in and shit it up irreparably.
You actively degrade the quality of this board and all the threads in it.

Get the fuck over yourself, you egotistical prick.

>> No.4259934

>>4259923
My points were valid and went unrefuted. When the argument becomes "well you're a tripfag" I've won.

>> No.4259936

>>4259904
> He walks into the thread, drops his stupid and inflammatory opinions, promptly gets called out for them, and then goes into full victim complex damage mode - blaming everyone but himself for the slide into shitposting
Yep, you pretty much hit the nail on the head there. This line sums things up perfectly:
>As I've explained twice already in this thread, using a trip is simply how I take responsibility for my posts.
He literally admits to using a trip to fellate his own ego and take credit for his posts on an anonymous message board but then refuses to admit he's doing it for that reason. It's absolute unforgivable autism and I am not exaggerating when I say that 75% of the shitflinging I see on this board is attributable to none other than faggot child baby pants.

>> No.4259938

>>4259918
You're just a huge, attention-whoring faggot, like every other tripfag. Fuck off to another board, or lose the trip. I sincerely don't understand why you have one.

>> No.4259940

>>4259934
>My points were valid and went unrefuted.
Actually your points are blatantly retarded and commonly disagreed with by almost everyone on /vr/.
>When the argument becomes "well you're a tripfag" I've won.
I think you're missing the point pumpkin pussy. You aren't just a retard because you use a trip, you're a retard because of how you acted in that thread. You know, by saying things like "the Dreamcast had practically no bad games". Ironic that you accuse "Nintendrones" of becoming hysterical when EVERY fucking DAY of your life is devoted to defending your contrarian opinions in essay-length replies on this site.

>> No.4259941

>>4259936
>faggot child baby pants

Made me kek out loud. I agree with you, tho

>> No.4259949

I am really, really sorry I gave this massive clod encouragement. Sorry, /vr/.

>> No.4259957

Some absolute Gramps gems from >>4233125

>was a nightmare of a platform that euros incessantly over exaggerate the significance of which is the reason for all the hate that gets piled on it - sort of similar to the N64 actually just with way fewer and creepier defenders.

>In Europe, Amiga games were generally on audio cassettes

>I turned 40 this year and decided to trip up on /vr/ to celebrate

>I applied twice to be a janitor and both times got the impression they wanted people who had been trips or at least namefags first

>Was the original Wolfenstein developed on Amiga?

You know what? I take it all back. You keep doing your thing, Gramps. This shit is comedy gold. I'm quite obviously looking at some real quality posts that should serve as examples to other posters.

>> No.4259960

>>4259949
>I am really, really sorry I gave this massive clod encouragement. Sorry, /vr/.
I don't really approve of your degenerate use of a trip either, but compared to cabbage "pumpkin-pussy" baby pants you really aren't so bad.

I find it incredibly hilarious though, that you actually started out by lending your support to him only to end up, somehow, getting into an argument with him regardless. Cabbage boy really is the human embodiment of rapid cancer growth.

>> No.4259962

>>4259957
>I turned 40 this year and decided to trip up on /vr/ to celebrate
Lmao this is one of my favorite things he's ever said. Just imagine him sitting out on his deck one night, enjoying a cold brew, and just thinking "You know what, tomorrow I turn 40... I'm going to become a tripfag. Yeah... I owe that to myself. That's my little special treat."

>> No.4259964

>>4259962
What fucking color is the sky in this whackjob's world? What a complete loser.

>> No.4259972

>>4259964
Purple, of course.

>> No.4259973

>>4259949
At least you know how to apologize and be humble. You're about ten miles ahead of some other tripfags in this thread.

>> No.4259974
File: 58 KB, 456x416, heheh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4259974

>>4259962

That mental image makes this entire shitty thread worthwhile, anon. Thanks.

>> No.4259978

>>4259964
You know, it's pretty hard to attack the average 4chan user for being a total loser. I mean we're all on a semi-obscure japanese message board for discussing decaying video games, so chances are, we're all a little autistic in our own way. But something sincerely disturbs me about the thought that a 40 year old man spends, literally, and I do mean literally, every single day of his life, from sun up to sun down, posting contrarian opinions on /vr/ and then spending the majority of his time defending them. If that isn't the peak of mental illness I don't know what is. I sincerely believe he is lying about being married and having a son, but if my some chance he is telling the truth, I feel really bad for his family. Imagine coming home every day to the sight of your 40 year old father wasting away the precious moments of his life desperately defending his online activities to a bunch of strangers. It makes me sick.

>> No.4259981

>>4259974
>That mental image makes this entire shitty thread worthwhile
I wish I could say that gramps himself made every shitty thread worthwhile.

>> No.4259986

>>4259978
You kinda want to assume that he's some sort of has-been. Like, he had something going on in life at one point in time and it fell through, and he just couldn't recover. That being said, you'd also think that if he was so desperate to be somebody that he'd resort to tripping on 4chan, wouldn't his focus of discussion be something other than old video games? Like, what was this guy before he failed at life? Was the entire highlight of his forty years having once played a video game back in the eighties? A quick look at his posts in the archives show that he knows absolutely nothing about retrogaming, so why would he pick that topic of all things to waste his time discussing?

He claims that he discusses a myriad of different things at a myriad of different places but, again, a quick look at the archives shows that to not be the case. Almost the entirety of his day is spent here, talking about absolutely nothing.

>> No.4259991

>>4259957
>Amiga games were generally on audio cassettes
This guy has never even seen, let alone owned, an Amiga a day in his life.

>> No.4259998

>>4259986
>Like, what was this guy before he failed at life? Was the entire highlight of his forty years having once played a video game back in the eighties?
Dude I have no idea. From what I gather, he seems to own a metric fuckton of old consoles and the like, but he knows absolutely nothing about any of them. That leads me to believe that somewhere along the line, he got the idea that buying all this shit and waxing faux intellectualism on 4chan would somehow be a good hobby for him.
>Almost the entirety of his day is spent here, talking about absolutely nothing.
It's almost worse than nothing. I mean, it's not like he even just bullshits about random things. He literally invents opinions for people to get mad at and then writes a small book's worth of replies per thread that defends them.

I like how his logic boils down to "I'm not the cancer of the board, you are. Because you're derailing the thread by calling me out when I say something retarded. If you just ignored me, the thread wouldn't get derailed".

>> No.4260008

>>4259978
No, no we're not all like you and he. I'm 27 with a full-time job, a gf, make 90k a year, no debt. I am tired of this "I'm a loser, so everyone else on this site is too," mentality. Has never been true.

>> No.4260015

>>4260008
>I-I'm not autistic, I have a girlfriend and money, see?
>takes time out of his day to tell you that he isn't autistic and justify himself on an anonymous message board
Lmao. Yeah, I'd say you're pretty autistic too.

>> No.4260019

>>4260008
I like how you don't understand basic hyperbole, or the age-old tradition of calling yourself autistic on 4chan, and then proceed to derail the discussion just to let everyone know you have a girlfriend and apparently "aren't autistic".

>> No.4260021

>>4260019
>derail the discussion

This thread hasn't been on the rails for 150 posts.

>> No.4260023

>>4260021
>This thread hasn't been on the rails for 150 posts.
Sure it has. The rail has been autism, and the train is cabbage pants.

>> No.4260029

Back in the day this thing was the shit, but nowadays games have evolved and changed so much that most of these games have the bare minimum amount of gameplay

>> No.4260030
File: 26 KB, 418x396, lol.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4260030

>>4260023

>> No.4260034
File: 31 KB, 600x375, 54000249.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4260034

>>4260029
>actually discussing the topic of the thread and not just shitting on some 40 year old autistic guy

>> No.4260141

Gramps, I have nothing against you personally but please, stop namefagging. Every thread you post in just turns into an argument about you. The threads for stuff we don't have very often like the TI-99/4a or Odyssey 2 just turn into shit flinging fests the second you post in them. You aren't "deflecting shipping", you're creating it and then contributing to it by claiming your "quality" posts discourage it. Tripping is not FOR creating an online persona so you can maybe become a mod/janitor. That's not the point of it and if you were half as self-aware as you claim to be you would know that. Please. I'm begging you. Every single thread about something interesting is ruined as soon as you post with that trip on. Stop for the good of the board.

>> No.4260143

>>4260141
deflecting SHITPOSTING, not "deflecting shipping". Don't phonepost, folks.

>> No.4260171

>>4260015
Why are you projecting? I just see this shit posted all the time, and it's not true. You can be mad and attack me all you want, but some of us are successful and happy.

Good luck to ya, you miserable faggot.

>> No.4260317

>>4260171
> I just see this shit posted all the time, and it's not true. You can be mad and attack me all you want, but some of us are successful and happy.
The real irony is, I feel self confident enough that jokingly talking about being "autistic" doesn't drive me to the point of hysteria like it does for you. You are literally so sensitive to the idea of being called autistic that you are completely blind to comments made in jest, and look for any opportunity to tell everyone how "successful" you are. That's just about the most autistic thing you can do. Lmao what a fucking human embarassment.

>> No.4260365

This is the worst thread I have ever seen on /vr/, maybe on all of 4chan. Congratulations.

>> No.4261104

>>4260317
I don't, though. You act like you're seeing this all the time.

This level of anger isn't normal.

>> No.4261132

>>4259998
>I like how his logic boils down to "I'm not the cancer of the board, you are. Because you're derailing the thread by calling me out when I say something retarded. If you just ignored me, the thread wouldn't get derailed".
In his mind, I'm sure that's a valid logical conclusion. He isn't actually a retrogaming hobbyist, nor does he actually want to have a conversation. He wants to post. He wants the archives to record it all. He wants a permanent record that he can revisit to stroke his ego. He really is still stuck in the traditional forum mindset where he obsesses over things like name, post history, and post count. He still hasn't quite picked up that absolutely none of those things matter here, and no one would really want them to in the first place. But 4chan isn't about discussion, community, or hobbies. It's about him. So, yeah.

>> No.4261232

>>4259274
>how I take responsibility for my posts
I have never had an issue with you prior to reading this thread, and this line in particular. You cannot possibly defend the line of reasoning that would somehow conflate tripfagging with taking responsibility.
If your desire is to 'responsibly' contribute to a retro gaming community, why not go to Facebook or Reddit or Tumblr etc? There your thought process wouldn't collide with the culture and strength of the format, and it would make sense for you to have a record to keep track of the content you'd posted earlier, and how others respond to it.
Posting here though, we lack the burden of responsibility and managing a persona. It gives the site many weaknesses, flaws, chaos, etc...but there is also the strength of a community approaching an idea with brutal honesty--without the normal hangups of society. As such, your mentioning of 'taking responsibility' stinks to high heaven of bullshit. What possible 'benefit' could there be other than you searching back in the archive for your old posts? Who would use them, other than you, and people wishing to emulate or attack you? How does that strengthen the format, or the community?
If responsibility truly was your motive you would simply drop the trip and post better content. But I suspect it to be false not only for the reasons stated, but because you continue to reply to obvious flame and troll posts directed at you as well as keeping your trip well after actual pictures of you have been posted.
In short, your behavior here is absolutely irresponsible.

>> No.4261239

This entire post is one big clusterfuck. Hopefully the mods will take it down.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action