[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 5 KB, 212x238, think.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4246905 No.4246905 [Reply] [Original]

So I've seen /vr/ frequently get upset over the recycling or modification of console hardware and cartridges, but I wonder, what games are okay to tamper with? What are acceptable applications? Why?
I think destroying sports game carts is perfectly fine given how cancerous sports games are. They do nothing but flood pawn shops and flea markets.

>> No.4246913

I've heard of anons buying sports games to get replacement hard cases for Genesis games.
That being said, stop caring about what people do with the hardware they bought themselves.

>> No.4246923

>how cancerous sports games are. They do nothing but flood pawn shops and flea markets
Most sports games are fine, and great for multiplayer.
Blame normies who only buy that genre, then clear out their shit instead of hoarding, and the close-minded dorks who don't buy sports games because they fell for the meme, or got buggered by jocks when they were at school.

>> No.4246952

>>4246923
Sports games are like the definition of worthless video games. They're sold in massive quantities to their audience and then an essentially identical game comes out the next season and renders the previous one totally obsolete. Seasonal sports games will never, ever, ever be worth enough to justify their existence as anything other than spare parts.

>> No.4246983

I frequently use sports games for making repros for myself but if you just want a shell for some hipster raspberry pi project buy a Chinese replacement shell off AliExpress or eBay.

>> No.4246990

>>4246923
Even in the 90s, sports games were the exact same game released year after year with only a change in the roster between them.