Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/vr/ - Retro Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 212 KB, 1024x768, serveimage (66).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4233125 No.4233125 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

So the consensus by retarded youtube kiddies is that all old European Home Computer games were bad... of which has to be wrong since any retro gamer worth his salt knows EVERY CONSOLE even the absolute worst have SOME good games.

So as a Yank, what are the best European Home Computer games?... no ports please.

>> No.4233192

>>4233125
>So the consensus by retarded youtube kiddies is that all old European Home Computer games were bad
Don't know what channels you're watching

>no ports please.
Clarify, ports from other systems to the Amiga? Some of the better games originated from Amiga that got latter ports to other systems.

>> No.4233291

>>4233192
Sorry, I meant no arcade ports. I doesn't have to be Amiga specifically but any European Home Computer.

>> No.4233296

>>4233291
Cannon Fodder

>> No.4233327

What were some good Amiga games OP?

>> No.4233358

You know why they called it the ZX Spectrum? Because you had to be on the spectrum to enjoy that piece of shit.

>> No.4233542

>>4233125
Lemmings
Cannon Fodder
Flashback
Exile
Odyssey
Jetstrike
Chaos Engine
It Came From The Desert
Yo Joe
Virocop
Flood
Hunter

>> No.4233576

>>4233125
Cannon Fodder, Sensible Soccer, Lemmings, Another World, Flashback, Chaos Engine, Alien Breed, Frontier: Elite II, Pinball Dreams and Fantasies, Syndicate, Worms, Ruff 'n' Tumble,
Superfrog.

Before anyone complains about ports, these are all Amiga original games. They were ported from the Amiga to other systems.

>> No.4233584

My current favorite Amiga games are Odyssey, Exile, Damage and Darkmere. Amiga has a lot of action platformers which is a genre I like but man Amiga physics are always, always weird. You'll have to adjust.

>> No.4233596

>>4233125
I'll never understand why eurofags are obsessed with these retarded systems. They are hidously ugly and have terrible games. Sure, even the shittiest console ever made probably has one or two "okay" games, but what's the point in seeking them out? Why spend your life playing shitty games on shitty old computers when you could at least be playing good games on good consoles? Just look at the fucking games >>4233576 mentioned. Just fucking look at that shit. Worms, Cannon Fodder, Lemmings... it's like an entire library of shitty Palm Pilot games. Just do yourself a favor and don't waste your time on this shit.

>> No.4233601

>>4233596
this. most of these games have better versions anyway.

>> No.4233609

You have to understand OP, this board is full of Americans and to Americans, if it's not a console then it's shit. It's another example of shit taste and buying into retarded marketing.

"Duhhh if it's not Nintendo or Sega then it's not worth playing"

>> No.4233623

>>4233609
>You have to understand OP, this board is full of Americans and to Americans, if it's not a console then it's shit.
Oh yeah, Americans hate anything which isn't a console, that totally explains why PC and mobile are the dominant platforms in the US and have been for years now. I'm starting to think that European breast milk contains liquid autism.

>> No.4233628

>>4233584
>baby pants is an Amigatard
Who would have guessed?

>> No.4233634

>>4233628
lol I play games, Anon. There are some good exclusives on Amiga and it bears checking out if you want to consider yourself familiar with retro games.

There is a TON of literal shitware on it though. It was a total self-publishing cassette-tape distributing european nightmare of a platform that euros incessantly over exaggerate the significance of which is the reason for all the hate that gets piled on it - sort of similar to the N64 actually just with way fewer and creepier defenders.

>> No.4233636

>>4233634
>some good exclusives
such as?

>> No.4233646

>>4233623
Not to mention the fact that there's literally no threads for retro PC FPSes, no sir.

>> No.4233647

>>4233634
>cassette-tape distributing
What did xhe mean by this?

>> No.4233651

>>4233634
>likes the fucking Amiga
>proceeds to shit on the N64, an actual good console
Lmao never stop being you, faggot.

>> No.4233654

>>4233576
pretty sure Settlers started out on Amiga too. Or was it just released on both Amiga and PC at the same time?

>> No.4233659

European home computers were a"you had to have been there at the time" kind of lot. No reason to go back to them outside of nostalgia.

>> No.4233662

>>4233634
I feel like every day of babby gramps' life is a constant struggle to prevent the massive, ever-enlarging cock of /vr/ from penetrating his bulbous butthole. One day he will finally grow tired of the fight and open his ass willingly, becoming yet another anon in the process.

>> No.4233667
File: 1.93 MB, 235x240, 24334gr3v5h6.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4233667

>>4233662
>I feel like every day of babby gramps' life is a constant struggle to prevent the massive, ever-enlarging cock of /vr/ from penetrating his bulbous butthole. One day he will finally grow tired of the fight and open his ass willingly, becoming yet another anon in the process.
Why do I find this sort of... beautiful?

>> No.4233671

>>4233636
Such as Odyssey, Damage and Darkmere. Exile is on a lot of microcomputers but the Amiga version is the best one

>>4233651
Yeah, see I'm basically saying the same thing about both platforms. They both have some very good games along with lots of very bad games and they both get overhyped by their fans causing them to get extra shit on because of all their unignorable terrible points

>>4233647
In Europe, Amiga games were generally on audio cassettes which were even cheaper and more easily duplicated than floppies. Literally anyone could "publish" and "distribute" games and there was little competition from video game consoles for many years. It was its own little culture just not very good taken as a whole.

>> No.4233676

>>4233671
You're right gramps, the console with some of the most highly rated games of all time is comparable to a fucking shitty European computer. What a fucking retard.

>> No.4233680

>>4233676
Everything is comparable to everything, Anon. Like for example I could compare you to a poster who makes worthwhile contributions to the thread.

>> No.4233684

>>4233671
>Odyssey, Damage and Darkmere. Exile
wow a whole 3 games

>> No.4233685

>>4233680
>Everything is comparable to everything, Anon
Lmao what a fucking pseudo-intellectual. So a banana is comparable to a jet plane? What the fuck are you even trying to say here?
>Like for example I could compare you to a poster who makes worthwhile contributions to the thread.
A better comparison would be you and a faggot.

>> No.4233686

>>4233671
>some very good games along with lots of very bad games and they both get overhyped by their fans causing them to get extra shit on because of all their unignorable terrible points
You mean like literally every SEGA console?

>> No.4233689

Forbidden Forest on Commodore 64 is cool as fuck, I can assure you it is totally fucking badass and has spooky spiders and a dragon or whatever, 10/10 badass spookiness

>> No.4233692
File: 53 KB, 776x601, a500lbl[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4233692

>>4233685
Also, Amigas are not "European computers"

>>4233684
Those are just my current games. I'm sure there are others. Anon posted a list earlier. Maybe you should check some of them out.

>>4233686
No, most Sega consoles actually have a very high proportion of good to great games. Like, there's practically no terrible Dreamcast games.

>> No.4233694
File: 446 KB, 517x768, untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4233694

>>4233692
>Like, there's practically no terrible Dreamcast games.

>> No.4233697

>>4233694
it's called hyperbole, jimmy neutron

>> No.4233702

>>4233697
>it's called hyperbole, jimmy neutron
Uhhh no retard it isn't hyperbole. Hyperbole would be saying "the Dreamcast has nothing but awesome games", implying that it has "many" awesome games. Saying "practically no" does not imply hyperbole. Therefore, baby gramps is wrong (as usual), and you (and by you, I mean baby gramps) are a retard.

>> No.4233709

>>4233692
>Like, there's practically no terrible Dreamcast games.
Haha oh wow.

>> No.4233715
File: 1.68 MB, 250x187, 1501592366584.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4233715

>>4233692
>No, most Sega consoles actually have a very high proportion of good to great games. Like, there's practically no terrible Dreamcast games.
This is a retarded statement even for you cabbage boy.

>> No.4233730

>>4233694
>>4233709
>>4233715
This kind of baseless negativity is exactly the /v/ influence I'm trying to counteract so by all means, post bad Dreamcast games and I'll name you five N64 games that are worse for every one easily. It's not like you guys were going to give this Amiga thread a chance anyway.

>> No.4233763
File: 1.99 MB, 320x362, 4363734463448.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4233763

>>4233730
>This kind of baseless negativity is exactly the /v/ influence I'm trying to counteract so by all means
"Baseless negativity", lmao, you mean the fact you hold a retarded opinion and nobody else agrees with it? I like how you infect every thread with your bullshit "knowledge" and then parade around pretending to be some kind of arbiter for quality discussion. If you want to counteract this uh, "baseless negativity", stop using a tripcode like a fucking faggot and drawing attention to yourself. If you actually gave a fuck about having a reasonable discussion and enlightening people, you'd do so anonymously. Instead you use a tripcode because what you really care about is forming some kind of bullshit online identity that a few autists will recognize and say, "Oh look, there's that super smart, informed gamer!". Nobody thinks that, nobody will ever think that. You are a fucking faggot and everyone dislikes you. End of story.

>> No.4233767

>>4233763
this.

however we are really the ones to blame, if nobody responded to this retard he would stop posting, even if the responses are negative. flies love shit and sugar all the same.

>> No.4233769

>>4233730
>says something only a stupid fanboy would utter
>get's called out on it and laughed at
>decides everyone that disagrees is /v/
>desperately tries moving the goal post
Truly pathetic, but I'll play along.

ESPN NBA 2Night
Death Crimson Ox
EXW Anarchy Rules
Jeremy McGrath Supercross

Now give me 20 64 games worse than those.

>> No.4233770

>>4233769
>Now give me 20 64 games worse than those.
"Well let's see... lots of games... like uh, Superman 64 and uhhhh..."

>> No.4233771

>>4233125
Amigas wern't just for eurofaggots.

>> No.4233774

Shovelware tier, but I liked Brian the Lion for what it was, game me DK vibes even. The Amber series, Amberstar and Ambermoon are legit good. North and South is fun but short af.

>>4233730
>This kind of baseless negativity is exactly the /v/ influence I'm trying to counteract
Oh God this. As much as I hate attention seekers like you, they're even more annoying.

>> No.4233779

>>4233763
>You are a fucking faggot and everyone dislikes you. End of story.
quite savage but i agree desu. every time i see him post in a thread i know it's going to turn into a shitflinging contest where he just states some shitty opinion and then defends it the entire time.

>> No.4233783

>>4233774
>Oh God this. As much as I hate attention seekers like you, they're even more annoying.
Lmao could you be any more of an obvious samefag? Either way, fucking reaction images to a retarded statement aren't even close to cancer known as tripfagging, get real you dumb slut.

>> No.4233804

>>4233774
>baseless negativity
He brings his contrarian and consolewar faggotry everywhere and treats his shit opinions as facts, then proceeds to make absurd claims that attract an appropriate amount of ridicule. This isn't a fucking hugbox and /v/ is 90% fanboy users like him.
>>4233779
He's honesty not a bad enough of a presence for me to filter and can even be helpful at times, but it might be too late to expect this guy to grow out of his old fanboy bullshit.

>> No.4233805

>>4233671
Did Amiga really have a datasette?
I thought it was floppy only.
Help me, babby gimp!

>> No.4233819

>>4233804
>This isn't a fucking hugbox and /v/ is 90% fanboy users like him.
Absolutely fucking this.

>> No.4233826

>>4233671
>in Europe, Amiga games were generally on audio cassettes
Bullshit, 99% of Amiga games were released on floppies. In fact I don't even think the Amiga had a data-cassette recorder. All of the cassette shenanigans happened on shit like the C64 and ZX Spectrum (esp. the Spectrum).

Then again I'm an American born in the early 90s but even I'm aware of the Euro computers and their (in general)
terribly designed games
.

>> No.4233887

>>4233671
>In Europe, Amiga games were generally on audio cassettes which were even cheaper and more easily duplicated than floppies.
Cabbage pants, you overdid yourself this time.
Are you trying to shitpost/bait or did you really not do your homework?

Amiga NEVER had an option for datasette.

Cringe that you even brought up an Amiga related argument when you don't know shit about it.

>> No.4233903

>>4233763
harsh, but totally needed to be said

begone namefags

>> No.4233905

>>4233826
>Euro computers and their (in general) terribly designed games.
In general? That you could say about any system basically, even MOST of Nintendo /vr/ games are total garbage.
Euro games where great, you probably never played games like Lemmings or Cannon Fodder though. Obviously shitty games made by teenagers in their bedrooms exist, specially on a paltform that didn't require you to buy a "seal of quality", just making the shitty games even more expensive *cough* nes/snes *cough*.

>> No.4233950
File: 22 KB, 300x300, wonka.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4233950

>>4233671
>In Europe, Amiga games were generally on audio cassettes

>> No.4233958
File: 74 KB, 500x612, 1494041304145.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4233958

I'm seeing more butthurt in this thread than game recommendations.

>> No.4233969

>>4233958
Butthurt? All I see is cringe and jokes

>> No.4233971

>>4233958
>>4233969
The thread is full of anti-Amiga butthurt. Just look at it.
Posts from people whose butts literary expoded because someone dared to talk about the Amiga in a good light.

>> No.4233975

>>4233950
>>4233887
>>4233826
>>4233805
Shit you're right I was thinking of c64 there my bad.

>> No.4233989

>>4233975
Do you ever sleep? You literary post 24/7.

>> No.4234006

>>4233971
Sadly the Europeans are pretty much as bad on this particular topic. Note how they would much rather jump down my throat about a mistake I made on the oh-so-important history of european gaming than recommend good Amiga games and discuss them. Some types of threads are just lightning rods for shitposts so I try to keep at least one up and going for the good of the other threads. Amiga threads have pretty much always been this way. Every decent commodore game I've ever gotten into I found by watching compilation videos, browsing genres at Lemon or just randomly firing up disc images from big archives I downloaded which can be a real trip.

>>4233989
I typically sleep from 1-7 EST but today I passed out drunk at like 3pm until about 8 so I may be up for a bit more. I try to go on as little sleep as possible then catch up when I can/must.

>> No.4234020

>>4234006
>Sadly the Europeans are pretty much as bad on this particular topic.
>reply to a post that has nothing to do with America or Europe
>start talking about X is as much as fault

>make mistake on an autistic board
>think "minor" historical mistakes on a board related to history won't get people shitting on you

I even noticed one anon said they are American who jumped down your throat.

>> No.4234023

>>4233634
>sort of similar to the N64 actually just with way fewer and creepier defenders.

this is probably the part that triggered the hell out of /v/irgins, it's an apt comparison so it hit a nerve and N64fags are the worst breed of obnoxious 5th gen cancer
just a reminder, shit threads like these would become the norm if we included 6th gen

>> No.4234024

>>4234020
So how about those Amiga games, huh? Got any recommendations?

>> No.4234025

>>4234006
>Amiga threads have pretty much always been this way.
Amiga threads are shit because it's always the same topic, "reccomend me gaymes" while you could literally take any thread from the archive and get your answer, the beauty of /vr/ is that it's history, once written you don't have to keep checking if it has changed. Even this thread had a bunch of legit answers.

>> No.4234027 [DELETED] 

>>4234024
See
>>4234024

I.e. >>4137509

>> No.4234028

>>4234024
This.
Stop bullying babbaige gents and start posting games.

>> No.4234030

>>4234024
See
>>4234024

I.e. >>https://warosu.org/vr/thread/S4137290#p4137509

>> No.4234037

>>4234028
he already got BTFO >>4234025 >>4234030
keep defending people who bitch about shitposting while doing so themselves (unironically even)

>> No.4234039

>>4234025
I've tried to narrow down the topic before. Like I've spent threads really trying to nail down exactly what it is about the physics of Amiga platformers that makes them feel so alien. Back in the day I thought it was the "up to jump" thing until I played on a hacked controller with an up button. Then later still any time one of the ports came out for Genesis I could immediately feel the Amiga on it, regardless of how the controls were set up. Is the new Shadow of the Beast game STILL like that? Has it become a feature?

>> No.4234042

>>4234006
>I typically sleep from 1-7 EST but today I passed out drunk at like 3pm until about 8 so I may be up for a bit more
And this fucking faggot has a kid. How is your wife's son doing anyway?

>> No.4234045

>>4234039
They aren't "muh nippon" crap. So they are automatically "bad" for anyone (most people on /vr/) that grew up with Japanese consoles.

>> No.4234048

>>4234039
The new SotB is a generic hack 'n slash, not even a platformer, so no.

>> No.4234063

>>4234042
They're at his great-grandparents' 50th anniversary party that's why I had the luxury. As for my regular sleep schedule that's so I can get up with him and spend some time with her after he goes to sleep while still fitting in maybe 60-90 minutes of me time - other than the smoke-break length moments I take to check on 4chan during the day. We're thinking of having another ackshully.

>>4234045
Do you really feel like it's the culture that affects the physics? Are Westerners just floatier in their heart and soul?

>>4234048
That's a shame. Risky Woods was another game that by all reasonable criteria should be a favorite Genesis game of mine, being squarely in my genre but I've just never been able to get into it and I feel like it has something to do with coming off Amiga.

>> No.4234070

>>4234063
>Do you really feel like it's the culture that affects the physics?
You mean actual in game physics? There's nothing wrong with it. Not to mention, all of them are different per game basis, not even related to platform.

>> No.4234072

>>4234063
>They're at his great-grandparents' 50th anniversary party that's why I had the luxury
It's funny, because every time I ask you this, you come up with some excuse for why you're day drinking. But I know you're a lying piece of shit who either A) doesn't actually have a kid and just wants to validate his own existence on the internet to avoid further ridicule, or B) is a terrible parent. If not, your wife and her son seem to take an awful lot of vacations and trips, maybe to avoid you?
>other than the smoke-break length moments I take to check on 4chan during the day
LOL. Smoke-break length? My fucking sides. You're on this site all day long. Any time I come on, I see one of your shitbird posts in every single fucking thread, day or night.
>We're thinking of having another ackshully.
Another? Gramps... that's your wife's son.

>> No.4234073

>>4234063
You sound like a good dad.
How big is your retro collection?

>> No.4234075

>>4234063
just curious, how old are you gramps?

>> No.4234080

>>4234072
>doesn't actually have a kid and just wants to validate his own existence on the internet to avoid further ridicule
I put my money on this. All the other people I know with kids who browse this board aren't even remotely this retarded.

Your post is 100% valid and really speaks out for what kind of tripfag shitpants is.

>> No.4234083

>>4234072
I doubt he even has a job, yet alone girlfriend/wife and a son. He's posting way too much and way too actively on too many threads at once to have any other real life besides being a NEET.

>> No.4234085

>>4234080
>>4234083
Leave gramps alone, he's full of helpful advice and should be a janitor on this board.

>> No.4234090

>>4234072
might be it IS actually his "wife's" son and he even knows that and it's not just some sad cuckery
he just plays off his girlfriend (maybe female friend who friendzoned him even?) as his wife and her son as his own to justify himself online

>> No.4234092

>>4234090
Leave immediately or I'll report you for bullying.

>> No.4234094

>>4234085
>Leave gramps alone
He's a tripfag that uses a trip unironically and wrong. Why should anyone leave him alone for already that simple fact?

>he's full of helpful advice
I rarely see any helpful advice, I notice even more US vs EU shitposting from him that the occasional "helpful answer" about RGB or related shit.

>should be a janitor on this board.
Should he? Absolutely not. He has way too strong opinions on his own and can't take arguments, he would be an awful janitor.
But what are we talking about, most janitors on this board are exactly like that anyways.

>> No.4234098

>>4234090
Anything is possible at this point. I know not the origin of his faggotry, but only that he is, indeed, a faggot.

>> No.4234101

>>4234092
Do it faggot. Do you need a tissue because people are being mean in your safezone?

Here, saged, lets talk about PS2 and mods are fuckfaces. Heres a valid reason to report me, intead of the babby "pls dun bully dum ppl" reason you think qualifies as being against the rules, on 4chan.

>> No.4234105

>>4234098
Indeed.
He probably gets off from people like >>4234092 acknowledging his existence in a positive way. That's a reason to ask like he does, I guess.

>> No.4234106

>>4234092
>Leave immediately or I'll report you for bullying.
Faggage, have you actually sunk to the level of alternating between your tripfag and anon alter egos to defend yourself? Do you understand the level of autism you are operating on right now?

>> No.4234108

>>4234105
>ask
act*

>> No.4234110

>>4234106
Most tripfags do that. Autism at its finest.

>> No.4234114
File: 7 KB, 250x243, 0343256239.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4234114

>>4234072
>>4234106
He gets so much hate on this board in every thread and from every side, yet he keeps his trip, like he's enjoying the attention. Literary missing the point of an anonymous image board.
All could be avoided with just taking the trip off. Yet he has to justify being a personality and not an anon. If that's not pathetic, sad and autistic, I don't know what is.

>> No.4234121

>I hate this fucking tripfag so much so I'm going to give him all the attention he's seeking and derail the thread even further that will teach him to be like other great posters such as myself.
aaand another Amiga thread that goes into the trash

>> No.4234125

>>4234072
She's much younger than I am and still really close with her family and they live a comfortable distance away, little over an hour. She goes up a couple times a month overnight. I welcome the occasional solitude.

>>4234073
Pretty big? I dunno, maybe 500-700 titles and examples of most hardware platforms. Sometimes I sell off bits and invest in other stuff.

>>4234075
I turned 40 this year and decided to trip up on /vr/ to celebrate

>>4234080
I think you just have an irrational hatred of tripfags and project onto me a lot of the culture that you think you came to 4chan to avoid just because I decided to have a completely pseudonymous identity. I'm not a youtuber trying to shill anything, Anon.

I'm just a retro gamer that's been on this board from the beginning and practically everyone else was a lot like me. Sure sometimes I forget that it was at the 16-bit transition that commodore software stopped being distributed on cassette in Europe and since I'm using a trip I can't just pretend it was somebody else but I do know a lot about this board's topic and I really think have fairly moderate and defensible opinions on most debates too.

I just want for /vr/ to be half as good as it was 4 years ago.

>>4234085
You know, it's funny. I applied twice to be a janitor and both times got the impression they wanted people who had been trips or at least namefags first but now that I've become a tripfag I don't know why I'd ever want to be a janitor. It's much more satisfying to affect the board actively.

>>4234114
It's cute that you think you understand why I tripped up.

>> No.4234126
File: 1015 KB, 1280x550, yous.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4234126

>>4234121
The thread was in the trash before the tripfag shitposting started. It was about time it found another topic to discuss.
He can get all the attention he wants, if he puts up a fight with autistic/retarded arguments or takes things personally, it's totally worth it.

>> No.4234128

>>4234125
>I think you just have an irrational hatred of tripfags
I'm >>4234080 and the post about people with kids on this board is about quite a few other tripfags, I never said I hated them.

>> No.4234130

>>4234125
>I just want for /vr/ to be half as good as it was 4 years ago.
>It's cute that you think you understand why I tripped up.
So you tripped up to shit the place up even more? How nice of you, specially if you try making it a better place. You know, with being an identity on an anonymous image board.

>> No.4234135

>>4234125
>they wanted people who had been trips or at least namefags first
what

>It's much more satisfying to affect the board actively.
you're doing it wrong though
you don't use a trip for that

>> No.4234138

>hurr durr amiga is for faggots and retards, I bet you can't name any good games
>*names good games*
>hurr no those are all faggot shit retard

>> No.4234139

>>4234126
It was an average plz recommend gaymez shit thread true but Amiga discussions are so rare here you could at least try not shitting up every single one for a fucking change.

>> No.4234142

>>4234138
>>4234139
This thread was shit. It literally started with a shitposting vibe and it ended with it.
Want good threads, think of actual discussions or read old thread on the archive, there have been plenty of great ones.

>> No.4234154

>>4234138
I think the reason for all this amiga butthurt may be the australian troll who had a thing for amiga castlevania
castlevania threads tend to be rather terrible like this one as well

>> No.4234160

>>4234125
Holy fucking shit, just look at this moo-cow replying to 6 different anons defending himself. What the fuck happened in your life to make you such a faggot?

>> No.4234161

>>4234128
What other tripfags on this board have kids?
For that matter what other tripfags on this board are less retarded than I am? There are definitely anons with kids like that guy in the cabin in Alaska but I'm sure he's said plenty of retarded things when he's just another anon. That's why it's easy to be Anon.

>>4234130
Tripfags have been a part of chan culture from the beginning. If they weren't we'd have forced anon or thread-specific trips. Sorry that upsets you so much.

>>4234126
>>4234142
It was the post immediately following my first post in the thread that was the beginning of the end for it. The silver lining is that I feel like I've fired up both some nostalgiaholic Nintentoddlers and some equally joyless eurocentric trash, two of my most hated demographics. In a perfect world they'd be fighting with each other but it's fine for them to be concentrating their fire on me, too. Hopefully it keeps them out of other threads.

>>4234154
I think Australia-kun if he even existed as one person was actually european or at least lived there in the 80s/90s. That shit was REALLY funny though it's a shame the eurotrash isn't so recognizable anymore.

>> No.4234162

>>4234154
It's way older then that

>> No.4234165

>>4234160
Not really defending myself per se just replying to people who reply to me.

>> No.4234168

>>4234161
>Tripfags have been a part of chan culture from the beginning.
Not really, they have risen and where loved, they weren't self proclaimed faggots that everyone hated.
I think you might be confused here.

>If they weren't we'd have forced anon or thread-specific trips.
It's discouraged in the rules though.

>Sorry that upsets you so much.
It's okay, you're mentally ill obviously, like a 14 year old camwhore, I can't be mad at people who can't do anything about it.

>> No.4234170

>>4234168
Mentally ill like a fox

>> No.4234171

>>4234161
>It was the post immediately following my first post in the thread that was the beginning of the end for it. The silver lining is that I feel like I've fired up both some nostalgiaholic Nintentoddlers and some equally joyless eurocentric trash, two of my most hated demographics. In a perfect world they'd be fighting with each other but it's fine for them to be concentrating their fire on me, too. Hopefully it keeps them out of other threads.

>I'm fighting for /vr/!
>with my strong SJWs opinions!
>and labeling people! No way is that bad!
You already saw the "You's are worthless" webm, that would be my pic related for your dumb ass bait.

>> No.4234173

>>4233125
Turrican trilogy
Supercars 2
Dreamweb
Soccer Kid
Cannon Fodder
Lemmings 1 and 2
Sensible Soccer
Speedball 2
Wings
Syndicate
Pinball Fantasties
Stunt Car Racer
Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge trilogy
Moonstone
Another World
Worms
Geoff Crammonds F1 GP
The Chaos Engine
Ruff n Tumble
Frontier Elite 2
Zool 1 and 2
Superfrog
Populas
Alien Breed 1 and 2
IK+
Arabian Nights

Try those. A lot of the mainstream games on the Amiga for the time were aimed at adults, like F19 stealth fighter, that had a 200 page manual, needed a keyboard and was a polyagonal 3D game. Games like these simply wouldn't have been possible on consoles. It's games like this that have aged the worst, so natually the kids see these and think they're shit, wheras pixel art games have mostly aged reasonably well. You have to remember at the time, that new console games would have cost around £40-£70, Amiga games would be mainly around £25 and £10 for budget re-releases later (something else which consoles didn't seem to have). Further to this, you could always just copy your friends games onto floppy disk for free.

Tl;dr : it was great at the time, but hasn't aged as well as the consoles.

>> No.4234178
File: 37 KB, 500x298, 51QG8DM7EEL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4234178

The N-Gage was a sweet system, way ahead of its time.

>> No.4234179

>>4234161
>I think Australia-kun if he even existed as one person was actually european or at least lived there in the 80s/90s. That shit was REALLY funny though it's a shame the eurotrash isn't so recognizable anymore.
You're so smart, how come you don't know that Australia-kun was a britbong?

You're from Europe originally? I find it to be just shitposting if you comment on things like "US vs EU" and use words like eurotrash if you don't have any connection to it.
This is one of the bigger problems of the board, why do you encourage it if you want the board to be a nice place?

>> No.4234181

Moot or Snacks should ban everyone in this thread except for me.

>> No.4234183

>Americlaps don't know shit about good TV's
>Amerifarts don't know shit about RGB (pardon me, SCART RGB, *giggle*)
>Amerifat don't know shit about glorious Amiga

SURE IS THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD AMIRITE?

>> No.4234184

>>4234173
>it was great at the time, but hasn't aged as well as the consoles.
The "aged" is a millennial meme. If you are incapable of enjoying something now that you where 20 years ago...oh wait, most people who say that weren't even born 20 years ago. That could be the reason it exists.

>> No.4234189

>>4233596
>I'll never understand why eurofags are obsessed with these retarded systems.

Because you grew up with Pew Die Pie, not the Amiga.

>> No.4234190

>>4234161
>What other tripfags on this board have kids?
>says he's been here since the beginning of the board
you just fucked yourself over

>> No.4234192

>>4234189
>unironically replying to shitty bait

>> No.4234205

>>4234171
>think I'm some kind of leftist
wew lad

>>4234173
>Moonstone
So fucking good
>Alien Breed
>Dreamweb
This is another kind of game that's pretty common on Amiga, these fully top down action/adventure games. Was the original Wolfenstein developed on Amiga?
>Sensible Soccer
That's just purely a soccer management game right? It's crazy to me that people can be that into sports but I guess way back then I played some investment games that were even more numbers driven

>>4234178
I carried an Ngage the year immediately preceding my switch to Windows Mobile. There are still some exclusives worth playing on there like Rifts

>>4234179
I'm an American. Eurocentrism is good on /pol/, bad on /o/ and retarded on /vr/. A reasonable European is going to acknowledge that while Spectrum did have some good games, it wasn't really very influential. Eurotrash are the ones who insist that the 1983 video game crash was meaningless because Europe carried the entire industry.

>>4234190
...okay? I actually don't usually even look at the name field so it's possible I don't realize one of the dads was a tripfag. I'm honestly surprised that such a little thing all by itself triggers so many anons.

>> No.4234208

>>4234205
Sensible Soccer is a arcadey football game, IIRC Sensible World of Soccer let's you play as a player manager.

>> No.4234217

>>4234208
Oh okay Sensible is like a whole soccer series then. I'm trying to get more into soccer since it's the first sport for kids. Spring season we played Mario Strikers and I'd like to find something a bit more realistic for him but not too complex like Fifa.

>> No.4234224

>>4234217
Try Fifa Street.

>> No.4234225

>>4234217
Super Sidekicks 3 on the Neo Geo, maybe.

>> No.4234227

>>4234217
Just buy FIFA, you'll learn the game and you can play with just pass and shoot buttons at low level.

>> No.4234235

>>4234189
No, contrary to what your autistic mind believes, having good taste doesn't equate to being a degenerate YouTube fanatic. Your argument does, however, equate to you being a retard. The Amiga fucking sucks, get over it.

>> No.4234236

>>4234224
>>4234225
Thanks! Was completely unaware of either of these games

>>4234227
Maybe I will how much of my own time would I need to put into it to learn enough to get him going?

>> No.4234237

>>4234235
Your mum fucking sucks.

>> No.4234238

>>4234205
>sucks the shit out of Sega's dead dick, hates the N64, defends the fucking Amiga, and owned a fucking N-GAGE.
Alright, it is absolutely confirmed without any shadow of a doubt: you are a homosexual.

>> No.4234239

>>4234161
>40 year old family man justifying himself on a online board for old games

now that's SAD

>> No.4234240

>>4234236
>Maybe I will how much of my own time would I need to put into it to learn enough to get him going?

Not very long, easy to pick up but hard to master. Just put the game on lowest difficulty.

>> No.4234241 [DELETED] 

>>4234237
>Your mum fucking sucks.
It's sad, really. Europeans used to be the dominate race. However, over the course of about 200 years, all of the good Europeans immigrated to America and the only ones left nowadays are sad pieces of shit like yourself who were too chicken shit to take the boat ride over. An entire land filled with pastey white faggots who openly welcome muslims into their country, what a fucking world we live in.

>> No.4234242

>>4234205
>Eurotrash are the ones who insist that the 1983 video game crash was meaningless because Europe carried the entire industry.
To be fair, it was meaningless in Europe and Japan, as their own hardware and games did not really struggle while the crash happened.

>> No.4234245

>>4234235
>>4234241
We already know that >>4233596 is bait.
No matter how much you try to argue, it isn't going to change.

The only thing sad here is your attitude towards old games on an retro games forum.

>> No.4234247

>>4234241
>it's sad really

And you're the saddest person on this board.

>> No.4234249

>>4234245
>We already know that >>4233596 is bait.
I posted >>4233596 and no, it is not bait. It is the absolute fucking truth. Only a supreme autist of the highest degree would attempt to make the blatantly retarded argument that the Amiga is somehow a worthwhile system.
>The only thing sad here is your attitude towards old games on an retro games forum.
Nah, the sad thing is that you intend to toil away the best years of your life playing shitty Amiga games instead of something that's actually fun. Understand this retard: every single game on the Amiga was either shit, or has a better version available on another console or PC. There is literally no reason to pursue anything related to this console. If your retarded ass enjoys playing lemmings on a garbage old computer, be my fucking guest, but don't be surprised when I shit on you for it.

>> No.4234251

>>4234249
>console
Not even trying anymore uh

>> No.4234252 [DELETED] 
File: 62 KB, 508x508, lmao-nigga-105867.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4234252

>>4234247
>And you're the saddest person on this board.
Impossible, I'm not European.

>> No.4234253

>>4234242
It meant a lot in japan because it created a vacuum for them to fill and a big increase in their profits they channelled back into their industry and completely dominated well into the 2000s.

>>4234224
This looks perfect it seems to even have fields and goals as small as the ones they play on.

>>4234238
I don't HATE the N64 I just don't think it was a great system. It was certainly a big disappointment at the time after the NES and SNES but that's another topic entirely.

>> No.4234256

>>4234253
> It was certainly a big disappointment at the time
Yeah... literally nobody that owned one thought that, other than possibly you (assuming you actually owned one at launch), but you suffer from a variety of mental disorders so that wouldn't surprise me anyway. Seeing games like SM64 and OoT for the first time was fucking breathtaking. It was a great system regardless of what your retarded ass thinks. But hey, you're the guy who claims the Dreamcast library has "practically no" shitty games, so what more should I expect?

>> No.4234259

>>4234249
See
>>4234126 pic related

Step up your game fampai

>> No.4234261

>>4234249
You take insecurity to a whole new level. I feel sorry for you.

>> No.4234263
File: 188 KB, 490x500, 1490491132728.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4234263

>>4234256
>Yeah... literally nobody that owned one thought that
This level of delusion

>> No.4234264

>>4234249
>Understand this retard: every single game on the Amiga was either shit, or has a better version available on another console or PC.
Even people like me, who don't really care for the Amiga, know that most of the definitive versions of many good games that where multiplats where on the Amiga.
I rate 3/10. This bait might work for teenagers like yourself.

>> No.4234267

>>4234249
>his bait is so shit, it gets purged

>> No.4234269

>>4234256
>Yeah... literally nobody that owned one thought that

damn this nintoddler takes corporate cocksucking to a whole new level

>> No.4234273

>>4234263
>>4234269
I honestly think it's just their age. It seems to trigger them even more because "they're fucking 25-30 year old adults dammit" but if a person were a kid when the N64 launched, I could see him having this impression of the console. SM64 was truly incredible at release and when you're a kid you just play the games your parents get you which might well have been only the Nintendo and Rare games. Add nostalgia for those easy days and that's how I see these type of Anons.

>> No.4234274
File: 356 KB, 1214x1239, ravaged.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4234274

>>4234263
Lmao nice anime girl reaction image you fucking queer. Why are you commenting on the subject of the N64 when you weren't even alive for the release? Don't you have an episode of Naruto to watch on Crunchyroll?

>> No.4234276

>>4234274
Even if he is young enough not to have been alive when the N64 was released he would still have a better chance of seeing it objectively than someone who has strong childhood memories associated with it.

>> No.4234278

>>4234269
>damn this nintoddler takes corporate cocksucking to a whole new level
Nah, I actually hate Nintendo, pretty much everything after GameCube is shit. However, the N64 is a great console with solid library of games, and the fact that you don't recognize this while simultaneously defending the fucking Amiga is a window into how retarded you truly are.
>>4234273
Here we go again, more sage advice from the patron saint of /vr/. Sorry cabbage fag but you don't get to pretend that the N64 is only a good console from a nostalgic point of view when you say retarded shit like "the dreamcast has almost no bad games". I purchased an N64 and PS1 both on launch day and they are both fucking excellent consoles and childhood memories have nothing to do with it. You are a fucking autistic slug, jesus christ.

>> No.4234279
File: 60 KB, 1280x720, 1477493861280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4234279

>>4234274
>he didn't grew up with anime
lmao Imagine being an angl* subhuman not watching Hokuto no Ken and DBZ in late 80s and early 90s. Yes yes the N64 was awesome """""grandpa""""".

>> No.4234281

>>4234279
>he didn't grew up with anime
Actually I did, but unlike you I watched actual good animes like Trigun and didn't let it infest my life to the point of becoming a faggot who posts pictures of little anime girls on 4chan.

>> No.4234284

>>4234281
>Triggun
Adults are talking, kiddo.

>> No.4234287
File: 77 KB, 680x680, 1149500395.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4234287

>>4234284
>dislikes one of the best animes ever made
Imagine being such a worthless piece of shit that you insult an actual good anime like Trigun and then talk about your love of fucking Fist of the North Star, one of the gayest animes known to man.

>> No.4234291

Tier list

>Amiga (there's a handful of games worth playing)
>C64
>ST
>Atari 8-bits
>Spectrum (there's absolutely nothing worth playing. not even Ultimate's stuff)

>> No.4234292
File: 39 KB, 585x398, kektus-cactus-896970-abby55.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4234292

>>4234279
>Hokuto no Ken
>using the Japanese name for no reason other than outing yourself as a homosexual

>> No.4234293
File: 529 KB, 884x584, 1500576489234.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4234293

>>4234287
>Wasn't already a young adult in 1998
>GREW UP with Trigun
>GREW UP with a N64
Not worth my time.

>> No.4234294
File: 2.00 MB, 200x200, lmaodudewhat.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4234294

>>4234293
>Not worth my time.
Lmao and yet you continue to respond. Man, this faggot doesn't like good anime, doesn't like good games, is stupid as fuck and spends his life shitposting with anime girl reaction images. I can only imagine the kind of miserable cunt you popped out of.

>> No.4234295
File: 58 KB, 760x760, 34886638567794.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4234295

>>4234293
just curious, does anon being younger than you somehow make you less gay?

>> No.4234296

>>4234295
Sad thing is, he's probably younger than me. He's just a shitbird with terrible taste. What kind of troglodyte talks up his love of FOTNS and DBZ and then shits on Trigun?

>> No.4234302

>>4234278
>However, the N64 is a great console with solid library of games

yeah, "solid" the same way the amiga has a "solid" library
compared to the NES and SNES it's a fucking disappointment

>> No.4234306
File: 174 KB, 640x512, 1487408519996.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4234306

Jesus Christ you guys are autistic and sad.
A slow thread suddenly goes 10x overdrive because someone little feelings and opinions where touched the wrong way.

>> No.4234314

>>4234306
What wrong with kots eyes?

>> No.4234330

>>4234302
>yeah, "solid" the same way the amiga has a "solid" library
No, not the same way. The Amiga is a shitty no-name family computer made by a now-defunct company that was riddled with shovelware, whereas the N64 is home to some of the best games ever made, many of which were instrumental in shaping modern 3D gaming. Your opinion is shit and you are an ignorant retard. The minute you compare the N64 to a piece of shit like the Amiga you lose all credibility and are instantly recognizable as someone who was still swimming in his dad's ballsack when these consoles existed in the first place.

>> No.4234331
File: 61 KB, 640x711, 3q4grah573k75rjgns.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4234331

>>4233763
>"Baseless negativity", lmao, you mean the fact you hold a retarded opinion and nobody else agrees with it? I like how you infect every thread with your bullshit "knowledge" and then parade around pretending to be some kind of arbiter for quality discussion. If you want to counteract this uh, "baseless negativity", stop using a tripcode like a fucking faggot and drawing attention to yourself. If you actually gave a fuck about having a reasonable discussion and enlightening people, you'd do so anonymously. Instead you use a tripcode because what you really care about is forming some kind of bullshit online identity that a few autists will recognize and say, "Oh look, there's that super smart, informed gamer!". Nobody thinks that, nobody will ever think that. You are a fucking faggot and everyone dislikes you. End of story.
Jesus, fucking savage.

>> No.4234337
File: 344 KB, 1920x1080, 1504406576529.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4234337

>>4234314
he's not wearing his glasses

>> No.4234386

>>4234330
>N64 is home to some of the best games ever made, many of which were instrumental in shaping modern 3D gaming.

collectathons and console shooter garbage that get hyped by the poor saps that grew up with them
the only difference between the amiga and n64 is that the amiga doesn't have the most cancerous fanbase in the world that overrates the decent games on the system (all 10 of them) as OMG DA BEST THING OF ALL TIME !!1!!!11!

now fuck off back to /v/ you 5th gen tumour

>> No.4234401

>>4234386
nono man leave him alone he is so OLD we all could learn from his groundbreaking experiences of being a kid in 1998

>> No.4234404
File: 29 KB, 486x309, 1492534221813.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4234404

>>4234386
>collectathons and console shooter garbage that get hyped by the poor saps that grew up with them
LOL how fuck you are one deluded faggot. I guarantee you've never even played an N64 if this is what you think. Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Blast Corps, Killer Instinct Gold, StarFox 64, Ogre Battle 64, Wetrix, Diddy Kong Racing, Mario Kart 64, F-Zero X, Tetrisphere, Mario Party, Super Smash Bros, Paper Mario, Kirby 64, Pilot Wings, 1080 Avalanche, Bomberman 64, Mystical Ninja... none of these games are "collectathons" or "console shooter garbage" and they are all vastly better games than any single game available on Amiga, and reviews/sales prove it. Who has the most highly rated game of all time? Oh yeah, N64. And the "collectathons and console shooter garbage" on N64 alone anally rape anything available on the pathetic Amiga.
>the only difference between the amiga and n64 is that the amiga doesn't have the most cancerous fanbase in the world that overrates the decent games on the system (all 10 of them) as OMG DA BEST THING OF ALL TIME !!1!!!11!
Well, you're right about one thing, Amiga doesn't have any kind of real fanbase outside of a small collection of autistic Europeans who grew up with it, because it's a fucking shit gaming machine. Nobody overrates it because there's nothing to overrate. It's a dumbed-down PC with Palm OS games. Face it shitbird, your platform of choice is ass and you will forever be bung-rummaged because mommy didn't buy you any good games.

>> No.4234405

I love how this thread turned out, usually the shitposting in Amiga threads is pretty stale, this is something new though.

>> No.4234407
File: 619 KB, 264x264, AutismCube.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4234407

>>4234401
>I'll call him a child, that will surely disprove his argument

>> No.4234408

the ones made by Psygnosis and Team 17 everything else is hot garbage

>> No.4234414

>>4234386
>N64
>collectathons and console shooter garbage
by this logic I suppose we can safely assume the amiga's entire library is composed of nothing but point and click adventure and educational games?

>> No.4234415

>>4234407
you have no argument, /v/irgin
just shitposts with reddit reaction images

>> No.4234417

>>4234415
>just shitposts with reddit reaction images
Fucking LMAO, reddit reaction images... I swear I will Paypal you $5 if you can find proof of this image ever being posted on reddit. Man, you retards are really starting to run out of steam if you bring up reddit on /vr/.

>> No.4234418

why are you guys discussing the N64 on an Amiga thread?

>> No.4234419

>>4234386
Not the other dude, and while I disagree with his proclamation of "greatest games ever" I'd defend the system as having many of the greatest games that generation.
>collectathons and console shooter garbage
Collectathons? That's the meme stand-in for platformers am I right? """Collectathons""" are fine unless the collecting bit gets out of hand like with DK64 and to a lesser extent Bango-Tooie, and the 64's FPSes were still better than damn near every other console action game on other 5th gen consoles, it's not even close. Throw in great arcade racers, party games like Smash Bros, Mario Party 1 and 2 (3 was it's decline), etc. along with a mess of other titles and you have a system with far more hits than misses. Sure it lacks RPGs, fighting games, and simulators but nothing is perfect.
>the amiga doesn't have the most cancerous fanbase in the world
Leaving out the "Amiga has nothing" joke, neither it nor the 64 has SEGA's fanbase so I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

>> No.4234420
File: 38 KB, 577x553, imagine-being-this-gay-241941962.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4234420

>>4234386
>comparing one of the most influential consoles ever made to a 1985 family computer that was dead on arrival

>> No.4234421

>>4234418
Some retard started shitposting and killed the thread so we're just having fun giving him attention like in the zoo.

>> No.4234423

Amiga fanboys (and general retro home computer nerds, but especially amigafags) are one of the most rabid fanbases I've seen.
Much worse than Nintendo, Sega or even Sony fanboys.
The good thing is that they're not a big number of them, but oh boy the little they are sure are vocal.

>> No.4234425

>>4234417
>I swear I will Paypal you $5
keep your lunch money, kid

>> No.4234426

>>4234421
Yeah I just ctrl+f'd and the first guy to mention N64 on this thread was that tripfaggot babbage. Nevermind, I'm outta this shithole, have fun with him.

>> No.4234430

Amiga's fine, but it can't hold a candle to the MSX and MSX2.
>>4234423
Don't blame Amiga fans for the things SEGAfags do.

>> No.4234431

>>4234408
Bitmap Brothers and Sensible Software also made some great games.

People also forget that there was a period when Amiga games generally had better graphics and sound than their PC equivilents.

>> No.4234434

>>4234425
>keep your lunch money, kid
Right, just like I thought, you're a fucking faggot who can't even think of a better insult than "reddit" because you have the mental capacity of a salted cashew. I'm glad we've clarified that.

>> No.4234436

>>4234426
Cabbage fag has an unearthly hatred of the N64 for no apparent reason. He will bring it up any chance he gets. Did Hiroshi Yamauchi molest him or something?

>> No.4234446

>>4234423
>He thinks Amiga fans are still posting.
It's a niche system here. There's like 3 posters that like the Amiga or are geuninely interested and all we want is being able to have a thread without you guys showing up to shit on everything.

>> No.4234451

>>4234414
you can safely assume its library is crap, yes
fortunately it doesn't have the nintendo brand behind it, otherwise we'd be getting daily threads whining how /vr/ doesn't like it

>> No.4234481

>>4234423
>Much worse than Nintendo, Sega or even Sony fanboys.
Not really, Nintendo is probably the worst, NES and SNES fanbois. They literally hate mindlessly, while I rarely see a microcomputer, including Amiga person who does not like many different platforms also.

>> No.4234486
File: 1.89 MB, 400x224, 0RSkLtl.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4234486

>>4234446
T-Thanks a-anon...

>> No.4234505

>>4234423
Nintendo fanbois are the worst even though their consoles had more licensed shovelware platformers than any other system.

>> No.4234509

>>4234505
>licensed shovelware
Thank God AVGN exists, the universal argument when they start bragging about "muh seal of quality".

>> No.4234536

>>4234481
>>4234505
>Nintendrones/toddlers/babies/durrs/fanbois are the worst!
>in a thread derailed by a SEGAfag
It's not even a contest, SEGAfags have been fighting a lost war for nearly two decades now and have the biggest victim complex of any fanbase I've ever seen, their autism just couldn't stop at Sonic deviantart shit.
>>4234509
>Thank God AVGN exists
Cancer

>> No.4234538

>>4234536
>Cancer
>the person showing the world how many shit Nintendo games exist is cancer
Cancer or not, there's no more argument that the seal of quality means anything.

>> No.4234557

>>4234538
>unironically defending AVGN because his clickbait fits your fanboy narrative
God damn that's just pitiful.

>> No.4234561

>>4234557
I'm not a fanboy? What are you talking about?
All I said is that AVGN is someone who actually documented to the public in an easily accessible way about Nintendo games, mostly bad ones, as an argument to the common Nintendo actual fanboy meme that Nintendo consoles don't have bad games thanks to the seal of quality.

>> No.4234564

>>4234536
>Cancer
>someone who actually loves a console he grew also up with and plays with it to this day and can make fun about it without being a defensive pussy is cancer on /vr/
I can see the reason for it with /vr/ obviously consists of only fanboys who can't think critically and don't actually play games, not to mention, people who never owned one as a kid.

>> No.4234574

>>4234561
>I'm not a fanboy
Then why were you trying to support another fanboy whining about something no one mentioned, like liscensed games?
>as an argument to the common Nintendo actual fanboy meme that Nintendo consoles don't have bad games thanks to the seal of quality.
Literally the closest I've heard to that is Babbage Gramps up there claiming the Dreamcast had no bad games, and why you'd take a marketing ploy or anyone that buys into it seriously is beyond me.

At least you have a half decent reason unlike this fuck though;
>>4234564
>someone else defending AVGN
>not even to make a point about a marketing ploy, but just defending AVGN in general
This thread never ceases to amaze, does it? Have fun white knighting the faggot Youtuber kiddo.

>> No.4234596

>>4233584
Out of interest, did you here about Odyssey on here? If so, you're welcome. I also recommend Elf, by Ocean.

>> No.4234598

>>4233542
>>4233576
Oh, and Exile is technically a port, but it's one of my faves too.

>> No.4234630

>>4234596
>>4234598
>People persevering and staying on topic
Fuck it, I originally came into this thread to actually learn about Amiga games so I'm done talking about anything else here. Anyone have a list of ports BETTER on the Amiga than elsewhere?

>> No.4234651

>>4234630
Off the top of my head : Last Samurai, Eye of the Beholder, Pirates, Monkey Island 1. As a rule of thumb, any games before about 1993 which were also on PC were better on the Amiga due to the Amiga's superior sound chip. Doom came along around that time and changed everything.

>> No.4234662

europeans have no sense of design. Almost as bad as American developers.

>> No.4234708

What a garbage thread. It didn't have to be like this

>> No.4234739

>>4234405
It just idly occurred to me as I was typing out my usual perspective on the Amiga but goddamn if it didn't really really blow up the thread

>Say that the N64 has some great games amid lots of terrible games
>Butt-blasted N64 fanboys go insane
>Say that the Amiga has some great games amid lots of terrible games
>Butt-blasted N64 fanboys go insane, accuse me of Amiga fanboyism

Pottery

>> No.4234757

I'm going to give an unpopular opinion on the chans due to /pol/'s creeping influence on the whole site but...

For a good 20 years or so the European market was ignored (until the mid-90s) by the Americans, Japanese and in general larger world video game market (which markets usually try to strike quickly due to a high amount of wealth). So they were able to create their own quirky internal gaming scene and especially for Brits, was the first and last time they had British style games, aimed at style taste and British style sensibilities.

They often roll their eyes when a cutesy Japanese style schoolgirl saves the world from a space demon using only the power of friendship. And they equally roll their eyes at the American style hulking marine that's built like an industrial sized refrigerator that saves the world from the nondescript evil organization (that sort of resembles whatever ethnicity American news calls the boogieman this week) using the biggest guns and explosives possible...

Brits just want to play a game about a British style regular Joe (Jack, Ian?) who got too drunk last night at the pub, and has to find where he left his tea kettle using only the powers of his sharp tongue and inventive wit.

So this breeds nationalism... and nationalism makes people retarded because it hijacks the brain.

>> No.4234760

>>4233596
This.
Euros especially brits seem like they are retarded.

>> No.4234775

>anyone who likes something I didn't grow up with is a retard with shit taste

/vr/ in a nutshell

>> No.4234986

>put some European home computer emulators and romsets to download
>made this thread
>went with my bros to go get some drinks
>now I come back to this shitstorm

Wtf happened here?

>> No.4235000

>>4234481
>>4234536
>any fanboy
>worse than Sonyggers

>>4234739
>butt-blasted N64 fanboys
Don't try to blame other people tripfag, you derailed the thread with shitposting.

Better go back to write your fics about fucking girls when you were young or whatever.

>> No.4235007
File: 105 KB, 900x506, laughing_entities.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4235007

>>4234775
Also the other variant:
>Anyone who doesn't like something I grew up with is a retard with shit taste

>> No.4235064

>>4233125
Amiga had a shitton of good tile based dungeon crawlers. Even excluding the multi system titles like Dungeon Master there are some good exclusives like Black Crypt and Knightmare.

>> No.4235094

>>4234986
Did you discover any good games we haven't already posted?

>>4235000
By posting with a trip at all, by making an apt analogy or by replying to Anons who replied to me?

>> No.4235106

>>4234986
I feel your pain, I just want to play video games without choosing completely at random dammit

>> No.4235154

>>4233125
I really like Agony (shmup), Lemmings (action-puzzle) and Lionheart (platformer) on Amiga. Shadow of the Beast is a very hyped game on this platform but is just style over substance (and gameplay) imo.

>> No.4235923

>>4234574
are you new?

>> No.4235965

>>4234757
>I'm going to give an unpopular opinion on the chans due to /pol/'s creeping influence on the whole site but...
Fuck off, you're the one bitching about /pol/.
Either you're new or try to shit the place up, either way, you're a dumbass.

>> No.4235968

>>4234760
>oh no, nobody is taking my bait anymore, let's samefag more
Kek, have a (You) before you die in shame, you sperg

>> No.4236136

so, anyone ever going to talk about amiga games?

>> No.4236159

>>4236136
Zool is great. Lots of fun.

>> No.4236847

>>4236159
>Zool is great. Lots of fun.

It's a pretty mediocre platform game notable along with the equally mediocre James Pond 2 for its overt product placement.
As far as platform games go Putty Squad was much better, and Ruff n Tumble does the whole Metal Slug thing very well. Harlequin was interesting also, large non-linear pure platformer with Mario World style hidden exits and puzzles. Fire and Ice was hyped up a lot back in the day but I never rated it that much (the later levels were fan service treat if you grew up with the games of Andrew Braybrook, however).
Unfortunately the Amiga never did very well with platformers or shoot em ups and I think this is one of the key reasons it's looked down upon these days.

>>4234757
>Brits just want to play a game about a British style regular Joe (Jack, Ian?) who got too drunk last night at the pub, and has to find where he left his tea kettle using only the powers of his sharp tongue and inventive wit.

I don't really understand what you are arguing for here. Are you saying it's good games are less idiosyncratic and interesting? Globalisation has absolutely destroyed the video game culture of even 20 years ago. Classically "European" style games are completely dead, and crucially Japan is on its last legs. Everyone must now produce games for a dominant culture of 13 year old Americans or face economic ruin. That's progress.

>> No.4236854
File: 2.63 MB, 580x414, Kid Chaos.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
4236854

>>4236159

The only Amiga platformers that impressed me personally were Kid Chaos and Morph.

>> No.4238664

u guys are dumb

>> No.4238668

>>4238664
ur mom said I was a genius in bed tho

>> No.4238675

>>4238668
my mom is dust, dirt and a dried up corpse
you're a pussy ass kid anyways, you never even been in bed with a woman

>> No.4238681

>>4238675
>getting so upset you roleplay as an adult
That's awfully cute.

>> No.4238695

>>4238681
You mean >>4238668

>> No.4238721

>>4238695
>literally "no u"
Aw, adorable.

>> No.4238726

>>4238721
Don't use a meme you don't know how to use.

>> No.4238734

>>4238726
>don't use a meme the only way it can be used
You lost me kid.

>> No.4238738

>>4238734
Tough luck, buddy.

>> No.4238771

>>4238738
A real shame, pal.

>> No.4238836

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60OkMuX_H2o

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action