[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 366 KB, 1062x995, Azure Dreams.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
422070 No.422070 [Reply] [Original]

Azure Dreams thread, go!

>> No.422081
File: 2 KB, 43x41, seed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have a question. Does eating seeds improve my main character's stat (such as those which raises defense or attack power) for good or is the bonus gone once I leave the tower?

>> No.422402

Bump.

>> No.423036
File: 757 KB, 1400x1811, electronic_gaming_monthly_106_-_1998_may_086.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I could never play more then three hours of this game even when it was new.

>> No.423105

This is one of the few games I've never finished. Not because it was bad or something like that but I was too dumb to develop the monsters "correctly" and thus couldn't pass a certain section in the Tower and I got really bored.

I always wanted to finish this game, maybe I'll try in a few months.

>>422081
Sorry mate, I don't remember much about that. I remember you could build a racing track...that's it.

>> No.424337

i love this game.
i beat it at least once a year

>> No.426738

>>422081
Using stat seeds on the hero is a waist because his stats reset when you leave. Use them on the monsters

>>423105
Monsters are important, but you also need to invest time in good equipment, too. I'd actually say it's more important than the monsters.

>implying replying this fucking late helps anybody

>> No.426772

Get a gold sword and diamond shield. (they never rust)
Grind them up
Try to get rid off the starter Kewne asap. He is shite.
About 11+ you can get eggs like griffon which are better starter monsters
Get a spider egg if you can, they have insane attack which is nice for fusing to your fave monster.

>> No.426893 [SPOILER] 
File: 1000 KB, 450x234, 1362272324912.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I played long enough to get to the top of the tower once. Once.

Things were going well, I was much further than I'd been in any previous run. My inventory was full of random shit: items I intended to sell, a couple eggs, and a handful of things I'd try to keep when I got back out.

Then I hit the final floor. The game goes into "This guy is the boss and you get to battle him after a lengthy dialogue" mode.

He starts kicking the crap out of me. I'm doing decent damage to him, but my HP is getting low.

Now... throwing an egg at an enemy releases the monster inside, and does a crapload of damage (generally a 1-hit-kill attack).

I tossed one.

The game locked up.

I'd learned, later, that you're supposed to lose the final battle and your Kewne partner actually saves your ass.

>> No.426918

Didn't they censor this game heavily?

>> No.427053

>>426918
>censoring a pimp simulator
All dem hoes.

>> No.428694

>>426918
Nah, it was rumoured there was a marriage aspect in the original but the only real difference between the japanese and the english version is that the original has audio voices for the girls.

>> No.428707

I never got the monsters I wanted.

Always the shitty looking ones, not the cool motherfuckers.

>> No.429534

Damn I'm real late here, I really have a lot to say about this game.

First of all the game itself its so damn perfect it's a shame it got to get a crappy GBC adaptation and an even crappier DS sequel (Taos Adventure is SHIT, don't even try to play it). I really think it really is underrated since it provides a really good challenge, the artwork is amazing and the music is really catchy (also getting to marry 6 girls and a dude its a really weird aspect). By the moment I havent finished the game and have played it at least 7 times, why? cuz I'm afraid of reaching the stop and lose this feeling of purspose, I know how it ends and I know you get to play it afterwards with an Infinity +1 monster...I set my mind a few days ago to finish it.

Speaking about the artwork I never found anything of the game illustrator, I really think it was the dude from Escaflowne and Chrono cross due to the style similarity but under a pen name or something. I always try to promote this game when the oportunity comes.

>> No.429557

>>423036
>Battles in the tower take place in real time
Oh, EGM.

>> No.429569

>>429534
>(also getting to marry 6 girls and a dude its a really weird aspect)
Pretty sure the marriage and romanceable Ghosh is just a rumour.
I personally didn't care much beyond level 28, since that's where the last quest item is.
Fully upgrading the town, seeing the change in the people's attitude and exploring Montbaya was fucking great though. Even the dating sim aspect. I went back a couple years later just to fight through the tower. Was not that impressed with that bit.

So yeah, great town but the roguelike aspect eventually become more of a chore than anything.

>> No.429703

I like how the music changes a little the higher you go up. It made me always wonder if I was on the final floors, some of it sounded really haunting. I remember some of the monsters on higher floors being scary as all hell.

Back then I didn't know what I was doing with monsters, I just gotta catch 'em all. So I went through the game not really improving the monsters at all, I don't think I ever fused anything. I did all of the work with swords which made it harder for sure

>> No.429857

>>426772
>Try to get rid off the starter Kewne asap. He is shite.
Really? I guess he's not all that strong in the end but it took quite a while before you found any super strong monster eggs so I used him for a long time.

>> No.429958

>>429569
Well It was obvious that you marry or at least have a strong relationship with the girls and gosh, I mean it is a japanese game after all just imagine what was going in their minds.

>> No.432327

>>426738
Thanks for the advice. Like I said, I'll start again in a few weeks.

>Implying replying late isn't better than not at all.
Implying aside, thanks again for answering. I like how civilized this board is.