[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 237 KB, 656x1000, NightshadeAdd.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4219059 No.4219059 [Reply] [Original]

What are some of your favorite games that are flawed as fuck but you love them anyway?

I'll start: Lampshade is one of my favorite NES games but I'm the first to admit it's menu system is cumbersome at best and that it's fighting scenes are very basic and you are guaranteed to lose some health on most fights no matter how good you are.

>> No.4219084
File: 198 KB, 1440x1080, Rings Of Power.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It was my first open world rpg, first game where the story wasn't hand fed to me. Weeks of exploring and fitting bits and pieces together, a few good music tracks.

On the other hand, the truly fucking random encounter system, some of the music was ear-bleeding, and you basically had to take time off from questing to play the economy to avoid starving ever few hours of gameplay.

Still love it.

>> No.4221268
File: 204 KB, 500x347, Breathoffire2_box.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Let's see here:

Godawful translation that managed to swap "Yes" and "no" around and left you with very vague idea of what you are supposed to be doing.
Game literally is a never ending fetch quest.
Random encounters with ridiculous encounter rates.
Game often forces you use characters you don't want to use so you are often either forced to use worthless under-leveled character or do some level grinding to get that character up to speed.
Good fucking luck figuring out how to find the earth shaman or how to get the best ending without using guides or walkthroughs.

This game basically features everything I hate about JRPGs and yet it is one of my all-time favorites. How the fuck does that work?

>> No.4221272

Quest 64
Battle Zeque Den
Mystical Fighter

>> No.4221286

>>4219059
Daggerfall