[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 357 KB, 2000x1000, SI_WiiUVC_MegaManX3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4197426 No.4197426 [Reply] [Original]

Hi /vr/, I am playing through the X series and I want to see all the bosses, so it's kind of confusing in some games where there are alternate/optional bosses. I don't think X1 had any but in X2 you can either fight the the X-Hunters in their basic forms or you can fight Zero. And then in X3 it seems you can fight Bit, Byte, and Vile in the middle of maverick levels, but if you beat them with their weaknesses you fight different bosses later. So what alternate bosses are there in the rest of the games?

>> No.4197456

X2 - if you fight and defeat all three X-Hunters, you won't fight Zero. If you fail to defeat at least one, you have to fight Zero.
X5 - if you launch the shuttle or fire the laser early, you don't need to fight all the bosses
X6 - if you defeat Nightmare Zero, you can skip almost all of the bosses and just go to the final stage

>> No.4197460

On X6, if you go past a certain ammount of Nightmare Souls (starting at 5000), bosses get stronger

>> No.4197491

>>4197456
>>4197460
>Actually playing X6
I marathon'd the franchise and stopped at X5 cause it was bad and heard X6 is even worse

>> No.4198267

In X3, I think there are 3 different ways the fortress can unfold.

First, try normally.

Try by beating Bit, Byte and Vile, before accessing the fortress (before you beat the 8th stage) and while killing them with their weaknesses.

Then, try again but this time, in the 2nd fortress stage (I think it's the 2nd anyway... look it up), switch to Zero before the mid-boss. IIRC you'll get a different boss fight. You need to keep Zero alive to that point though.

I could be remembering wrong.

I never even fought Zero in X2....

BTW are you the one making all those X threads? There are like 4 on the catalog. You know you could just put it all in one thread...

>> No.4198282

>>4197491
How about thinking for yourself my dude?
If you ask me I'd say X6 fixes most of the problems with X5, though it also adds its own share of problems, but in the end it's still way better than X5.
Saving all the hostages is surprisingly easy too, considering they can die permanently.

>> No.4198283

>>4197460
You could just use a gameshark to set bosses to level 4, that's what I did.