[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 383 KB, 1366x1024, 2013-04-10_00001.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
417325 No.417325 [Reply] [Original]

itt retro bosses that were extremely satisfying to defeat

This motherfucker I swear...

>flying around the room the whole time
>fireballs constantly shooting at you
>after you hit him, the floor under him disappears and it can instantly kill you

I could hardly believe it when he died.

Or we can just talk about Ys.

That animu song at the end felt kind of out of place with all the music done by Falcom's rock band.

>> No.417330

Do modern remakes count as retro?

>> No.417337

>>417330
I'm sure they're fair game; people have talked about Metroid Zero Mission.

>> No.417339

I always liked the battle with Luca Blight from Suikoden 2.

>> No.417454

It's funny, I've just been working my way through this series the last week or so. I picked up the Turbografx-16 version on the Wii and loved it, but got stuck and dropped it. Lo and behold, Chronicles+ gets released on Steam, and the love is even greater.

But fuck Dark Fact. Fuck that guy to all hell. With a fight lasting no more than 30 seconds, it took me half an hour to beat that guy on Normal. I now have to match my friend, who did it on Nightmare, and I fear for my sanity for that. I kinda blame the hitbox; it seems like it's only at his feet, which is a lot different from EVERY OTHER ENEMY IN THE GAME. You could collide with any part of any other enemy to do damage, bosses included, but this motherfucker you have to hit at the feet? Fuck.

Still, the more up-to-date releases are probably more user-friendly, what with diagonal movement. Playing through 4 is proving difficult, as it still runs the bump system but without diagonal movement. At this point, I'm just running in circles in combat to get hits.

And yet, I can't get enough. The music is godly, as it lends itself to the gameplay so much: It's all so high energy. Fuck atmosphere, we've got ass to kick, and we need to get that blood pumping while giving you something enjoyable to listen to. Also, violin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DKBvO9b6XA&list=PL53797C07E0FAA535