[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 24 KB, 370x269, The_Legend_of_Zelda_-_Majora's_Mask_Box_Art.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4168467 No.4168467 [Reply] [Original]

I've tried to get into it many times ever since buying it back in 2001, but I simply cannot force myself to enjoy this game. ALttP and OoT were Zelda bliss for me, but there are so many things I dislike about this game.

>feels like a cheap fan game with reused assets and models abound
>most of the tool items are recycled from OoT and the new ones aren't very interesting
>most of the masks do very little, and the transformations just aren't fun
>I get that Link returned to childhood at the end of OoT, but playing as young link again feels lame.
>the time system is unique but extremely restrictive and forces you to repeat the same tasks over and over
>gone are all of the tunics and boots
>the world is much smaller as a whole, and doesn't feel nearly as inviting, particularly Termina field
>dungeons aren't very good and too few in number

It did have some things going for it. I like the story, the world feels very alive, I love that different things happen at different times of day, and I'm glad they had some monsters to kill in Termina field, but outside of that, the game feels like a fucking mess. You get less of just about everything compared to OoT, and there isn't enough new content to justiy what you lose, and you constantly feel rushed to complete objectives instead of being able to soak in the world and explore. In many ways, MM is simply the opposite of what makes most Zelda games so fun.

>> No.4168476

>>4168467
I've never understood this one. Tomb Raider, Spyro, Crash, etc all did this for their sequels but when Nintendo does it in MM people call it nothing more than a ROM-hack of OoT.

>> No.4168480

>>4168476
>I've never understood this one. Tomb Raider, Spyro, Crash, etc all did this for their sequels but when Nintendo does it in MM people call it nothing more than a ROM-hack of OoT.
First off, I'm not talking about any of those games, I'm talking about this game. I'm not a particularly big fan of Spyro or Crash either. But the biggest issue isn't just the fact they reused assets, but rather that they literally put the same characters into the game, with the same names, but gave them entirely different personalities. The game is supposed to take place after OoT and yet Link ends up encountering all of these identical people in a totally different part of the world? The fuck? It was a lazy design choice in every way.

>> No.4168483

>>4168480
>The game is supposed to take place after OoT and yet Link ends up encountering all of these identical people in a totally different part of the world? The fuck? It was a lazy design choice in every way.
But is it really more lazy than meeting the same characters with the exact same personalities like a traditional sequel?

>> No.4168490

>>4168483
>But is it really more lazy than meeting the same characters with the exact same personalities like a traditional sequel?
Uhh yeah, it is. If MM took place in Hyrule and Link encountered some of the same characters, that would actually make sense. Having a story which is supposed to be canon and then filling it with characters from the last story and putting them in a place they could not physically be is the most retarded thing I've ever heard in my life. Aonuma even said himself that reusing the assets allowed them to make the game in 18 months, so clearly it was a deliberate choice to save time and money with no thought given to coherence.

>> No.4168501

>>4168490
While it did save development time, it was also a deliberate "Wizard of Oz" style plot where the protagonist meets characters which parallel "real-world" characters in a land that is ambiguously either a dream or dimension travelling.

>> No.4168506

>>4168467
>most of the tool items are recycled from OoT and the new ones aren't very interesting
Welcome to Nintendo games. They've been reusing shit since the Japanese Mario 2. The thing is, they make fun games and plenty of people are happy with more of the same, but not exactly the same.

>most of the masks do very little, and the transformations just aren't fun
There's a ton of masks. Idk how you'd make them all very useful. It'd be a pain juggling all of them constantly.
Rolling with the Goron and swimming with the Zora are plenty fun.

>I get that Link returned to childhood at the end of OoT, but playing as young link again feels lame.
If you played this as a kid, you wouldn't feel that way. Young Link was more relatable.

>the time system is unique but extremely restrictive and forces you to repeat the same tasks over and over
Git Gud at time management. Don't start anything if you feel crunched for time. Once you get your reward, you shouldn't have to redo it.
One of the better points against the game. I'm glad you didn't just say "B-but time limits are dumb!!!"

Transformation masks replaced them.

>the world is much smaller as a whole, and doesn't feel nearly as inviting, particularly Termina field
The world is more condensed and changes between days. The overall vibe of MM is supposed to be dark and frightening. That's why a lot of people like it.

>dungeons aren't very good and too few in number
You're right. This is why it's one of my least favorite Zelda games. Still a good game otherwise.

I'm not saying you have to like the game but there were a lot of non-issues in that list. You gotta take it for what it is instead of expecting it to be OoT 2.

>> No.4168510

>>4168501
>While it did save development time, it was also a deliberate "Wizard of Oz" style plot where the protagonist meets characters which parallel "real-world" characters in a land that is ambiguously either a dream or dimension travelling.
Except there is no indication that this is even the case, this is a bullshit fan theory that has been circling around for years. The whole purpose of Link even ending up in Termina is to find Navi. Never is it stated that Link is in some kind of dreamscape, in fact every canon resource explicitly states the very opposite.

>> No.4168518

>>4168510
When link falls down the hole in the beginning, it's just like the tornado.
Or more like the rabbit hole from Alice in Wonderland.

>> No.4168524

>>4168506
>Welcome to Nintendo games. They've been reusing shit since the Japanese Mario 2. The thing is, they make fun games and plenty of people are happy with more of the same, but not exactly the same.
Reusing character models and sprites in a sequel is commonplace and not in and of itself an issue. The issue comes from using said characters in a story where they have no place being, thereby making their appearance reek of laziness in both story and gameplay design.

>There's a ton of masks. Idk how you'd make them all very useful. It'd be a pain juggling all of them constantly.
Simple: don't have a "ton" of useless masks. Give me half as many masks and make them all more useful.

>If you played this as a kid, you wouldn't feel that way. Young Link was more relatable.
I was 9 years old when this came out. I did play it as a kid. I still preferred playing as the cool older Link even at that age, and now it feels even more lame.

>Git Gud at time management. Don't start anything if you feel crunched for time. Once you get your reward, you shouldn't have to redo it.
Except there are plenty of things that you do have to re-do because they aren't all tied to a reward that you grab and never have to worry about again. Much of the game is repeated ad nauseum, there's no way around that. Giving the hag her potion gets a little old after the 10th time.

>Transformation masks replaced them.
And they also take up an item slot and take longer to equip.

>The world is more condensed and changes between days. The overall vibe of MM is supposed to be dark and frightening. That's why a lot of people like it.
The world just doesn't yield itself to exploration. It's a tiny hub that branches off into little corridor environments, as opposed to the relatively expansive world of OoT.

>I'm not saying you have to like the game but there were a lot of non-issues in that list.
I've gotta disagree with you here, I think these are all complete issues.

>> No.4168526

>>4168480
>>4168490
Termina is not Hyrule you dope. Link goes to an alternate parallel universe where things are related but different. Very few if any of the characters have the same name either--they are vastly different characters. For example Malon doesn't exist, her child and adult models are 2 different characters even. I don't think there are actually any characters who actually keep their same name through both games. Plus there are plenty of new characters like Kafei, Tingle, the swordsman, that dancing guy etc.

To me MM is much better in terms of character development and sidequests. Yes the main quest is a bit lacking with only 4 dungeons and a miniscule overworld, but to me you don't play MM to experience the main quest, you play it to do all the cool sidequests and meet all the characters.

You don't have to do much of the sidequests over very often, I think there are only like 2 or 3 that you absolutely have to do twice for 100% completion. I know you basically have to do 2/3s of the Kafei and Anju storyline twice because you have to give the letter to either the postman to get his hat or to Kafei's mom to get a heart piece (I think), and you occasionally have to redo the bomb shop lady sidequest at midnight on Day 1 to get her shop to have inventory and activate other sidequests (mostly Anju and Kafei since Sakon won't do the rest of his shit if he didn't lose the bombs on Day 1).

IMO the doomed atmosphere of MM is great and I always enjoy any Zelda game where the main villain isn't fucking Ganon again. Some people IMO underestimate how important that can be to a gamer who's played every single game in the series, having an entirely new villain and goal (Skull Kid and Majora) instead of tired old Ganon and Zelda shit that I've seen like 15 times.

I also dug all the weird tribal/African vibes that the bosses and Majora was giving off, it's a much more interesting aesthetic to Zelda instead of traditional Tolkienesque fantasy

>> No.4168529

>>4168490
>is the most retarded thing I've ever heard in my life.
Nice blog, where's the follow button?

>> No.4168537

>>4168529
>Nice blog, where's the follow button?
If this is a "blog" to you, I feel bad that your parents had to raise a retarded child.

>> No.4168553

>>4168467
>and you constantly feel rushed to complete objectives instead of being able to soak in the world and explore.
Anon do you know about the Inverted Song of Time?

It's kind of hidden away in the game itself (you have to talk to the scarecrow in the bazaar and he tells you about it) but if you play the Song of Time backwards (C-down, A, C-right) then time will literally go half as fast as it normally does. I do this at the start of most cycles and it gives me more than enough time to do what I need to and still fuck around a little if I want to.

I find most people who say they feel like they don't have enough time in the game don't know about this. As soon as I tell them about it they're amazed and wonder why it wasn't more obvious in the game, and I agree. Tucking it away with a single scarecrow is kind of bullshit when you're running around trying to do a bunch of shit. Personally as soon as I became human Link again when I played the game the first time I just spent a whole 72 hour cycle fucking around and talking to everyone in the entire town.

>> No.4168557

>>4168526
>Termina is not Hyrule you dope
Wow, no shit, that's literally what I just said.

>Link goes to an alternate parallel universe where things are related but different
Cool, too bad it never actually states that anywhere in the game and you're purely speculating out of your ass.

>Very few if any of the characters have the same name either--they are vastly different characters
Many of the characters DO have the same name and I believe I just stated that they had entirely different personalites, which makes it all the more bizarre.

>Yes the main quest is a bit lacking with only 4 dungeons and a miniscule overworld, but to me you don't play MM to experience the main quest, you play it to do all the cool sidequests and meet all the characters
That would be awesome if there were actually new characters and the sidequests weren't repeated 10 times over.

>You don't have to do much of the sidequests over very often
Bullshit. Unless you use a walkthrough you are going to end up repeating many events a ton of times, especially your first time.

>
I also dug all the weird tribal/African vibes that the bosses and Majora was giving off, it's a much more interesting aesthetic to Zelda instead of traditional Tolkienesque fantasy
To each their own. I wasn't a fan of it. The traditional medieval vibe of OoT was far more appealing to me.

>> No.4168559

>>4168553
>Anon do you know about the Inverted Song of Time?
Yes, but that doesn't fix the game. There's still relatively little time to actually enjoy the game. All that have the inverted song does is basically give you enough time to actually complete the tasks you need to, but it leaves very little in the way of dicking around. One of the best things about OoT was the dozens of secrets it had, and trying out all sorts of weird stuff. You can't do that as much in MM because there just isn't enough time.

>> No.4168567

>>4168467
masks and the minish are the best things to happen to zelda yet they will never be used again

hmmm do I wanna move like a rock in the water with the iron boots or swim fast as fuck and be able to attack under water while being a zora

>> No.4168570

>>4168557
>Cool, too bad it never actually states that anywhere in the game and you're purely speculating out of your ass.
Try reading between the lines. It's pretty much an accepted theory by everyone at this point. It's even mentioned in that Hyrule Historia book apparently.

>> No.4168584
File: 8 KB, 250x250, whatyear.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

IT TOOK ME SIXTEEN YEARS TO COMPLETE THIS GAME

>> No.4168621

>>4168467
I'm literally in the middle of this game right now, was playing it about ten minutes ago. Honestly, I'm really enjoying it, a lot more than Ocarina. Majora's has a great, condensed world, with a lot going on despite it being smaller overall. The world feels much more vast if only because the NPCs have much more to say and do. The amount of side-quests keep the game fun and varied. I found Ocarina to be too empty, mainly very linear with a lot of characters I didn't give a shit about. Majora's on the other hand has so many different things to see and do at any time that it feels like a living, breathing world. I'm an adventure game fan, so I suppose I enjoy the heavy inventory-based gameplay. The time-based gameplay just makes the world feel even more complex and intricate. This game is all about secrets and side-quests. And Termina field is so much better than Hyrule field - Hyrule Field had absolutely nothing to see even though it was fucking huge, and you had to run from goddamn flying pineapples and skeletons the entire time.

Face it OP, all your complaints are minor and the game just seems to not be simple enough for you.

>> No.4168752

>>4168621
>Face it OP, all your complaints are minor and the game just seems to not be simple enough for you.
The only objectively "minor" complaint I made was playing as young Link. That's definitely a nitpick. Outside of that, everything I said is not "minor". Re-using assets is not minor. Having less items, and recycled items than OoT, is not minor. Having a smaller world is not minor. Having fewer dungeons is not minor. I'm glad you're enjoying the game, but frankly all of the rationale you're using to heap praise on this game is either flat out incorrect or indicative of someone who is playing it for the first time. I'm glad you're enjoying it, but you're purposely neglecting many, many flaws and focusing on a few improvements.

>> No.4168782

MM is a great game. It's actually the last good Zelda game.

>> No.4168793

>>4168752
>transformations aren't fun
They're more complex than the items (boots) you seem to love from Ocarina
>having less items
There are more items with all the masks?
>having a smaller world
Did you not read what I wrote? The world is smaller but there's more in it. I'd rather have a world with things to do than a big world where the only thing to do is walk around.
>fewer dungeons
>re-using assets
Those are acceptable, except re-using assets is something Nintendo does all the time as someone else stated, and there are lots of great games that re-use assets (Castlevania).

>> No.4168809

Re-using assets is minor. They don't affect the gameplay, the story, or the music. They don't affect anything meaningful that contributes to a game being good or not. Your gripe about having less items is completely unfounded as you just got done complaining that there were too many masks. The smaller world is a non-issue when it's about the quality of that world - MM's world is filled with complexity, nuance, and character. OOT's world just feels autogenned, soulless, barren, and empty like someone used an RNG to pick a seed and made a minecraft server.

Your preference for the traditional medieval atmosphere is absurd, given that there are over 10,000 games for that genre, each as bland, indistinguishable, and cliche as the last. This is just a rare ONE game that plays with the concept of a dark mirror image of a traditional medieval world (as referenced with all the reflection cutscenes early in the game) and you can't hold your criticism for a second? If you want vanilla, cookie-cutter, NEVER deviate from the formula because creativity is scary then by all means continue enjoying Call of Duty 37 and the casual normie trash that Zelda is headed in.

I thought the time system would be stressful, but then playing I realized that it's lol Nintendo easy and you have an absurd amount of time to complete tasks. You can get all the masks with only one time reset. "You can't do much in MM because there just isn't enough time" seriously? You don't have to fight the final boss and end the game when the time is up, you can reset over and over and over and over, and even keep your rupees and upgrades so you're making progress. You literally have infinite time, did I just fall for an advanced troll?

>> No.4168812

>>4168467
You clearly dislike the game to such an extent that you are unwilling to listen to other people's opinions, much less actual facts, about the game.

Did you make this thread to have a discussion, or is this just your latest blog post?

>> No.4168849

>>4168809
>Re-using assets is minor. They don't affect the gameplay, the story, or the music.
They effect the story because I've already seen these characters before and they don't need to be here.

>Your gripe about having less items is completely unfounded as you just got done complaining that there were too many masks.
No, it isn't unfounded, it's fact. Aside from the masks themselves, there are fewer unique items in the game than there were in OoT. Moreover, most of the game's gear items were removed in favor of masks, and most of the tool items are literally recycled from OoT. Stamping your foot and saying no doesn't make it not true.

>The smaller world is a non-issue
Lmao look at this pseduo-intellectual faggot and laugh. "complexity, nuance and character". Talk about a fucking exaggeration. In reality, there are roughly the same number of secrets in Termina field as there are in Hyrule field. The only major improvement was the addition of enemies. Outside of that, there is literally nothing about Termina field that is remotely complex or "nuanced". You say Hyrule field was "soulless", I say Termina was soulless. What a fucking retarded argument.

>Your preference for the traditional medieval atmosphere is absurd
Wow, imagine that, people have different opinions. Apparently me preferring one aesthetic over another is "absurd" just because you don't agree.

>given that there are over 10,000 games for that genre, each as bland, indistinguishable, and cliche as the last
So you're saying OoT was bland, indistinguishable and cliched from every other game with a medieval setting? Just because it has a classical setting doesn't mean it can't be unique. There's nothing particularly "unique" about MM's world either. In fact, it's by default less unique than OoT because a majority of its assets come FROM OoT.

Basically, your argument boils down to: "no, you're wrong". As a result, your opinion doesn't really mean shit.

>> No.4168860

Stop whining you fucking faggot. If you play a game and don't like it, stop playing. Retard.

>> No.4168863

>>4168812
This. There is no point in talking about this. You're not going to be convinced otherwise.

It's kinda trolly.

>> No.4168869

Dont try getting yourself into it, the game hell the whole franchise is overhyped by fags

/watch?v=dBUsJwu5YCA

>> No.4168871

>>4168860
>Stop whining you fucking faggot. If you play a game and don't like it, stop playing. Retard.
Lmao calm down homosex, you're on a fucking imageboard for talking about retro games. If you don't want to encounter criticism, go the fuck back to neogaf or whatever shithole you emerged from.

>>4168863
>There is no point in talking about this.
Then why are you responding?

>> No.4168878
File: 3.56 MB, 347x244, laughing-gifs-foolish-human.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4168860
>DON'T SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT A GAME EVER, 4CHAN IS ONLY FOR SAYING POSITIVE THINGS ABOUT GAMES I LIKE, DON'T SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE, RETARD

>> No.4168887

>>4168812
>You clearly dislike the game to such an extent that you are unwilling to listen to other people's opinions, much less actual facts, about the game.
Actually it's the exact opposite. Not one single person has offered an objective reason for why any of my criticisms are incorrect. I've told that my preferences in aesthetics are "absurd" and that my criticisms are simply "minor", and that the magical world of Majora's Mask is simply teeming with creativity and complexity and I shouldn't even question it. In reality, every single one of these points which you and other dipshits have used in an attempt to refute my own is actually just completely subjective and means fuck all, like the retard who said OoT was "soulless", which was about the best criticism he could come up with. If you don't want me hating on your precious game, get the fuck out of the thread, otherwise nut up and come up with a legitimate reason for why things like a time limit, less items, a smaller world and reused fucking assets aren't a negative thing.

>> No.4168897

I had Ocarina and Majora back when they were new, but never played earlier Zeldas. Ocarina is so dull and sterile that I've never managed a complete playthrough, always get bored and move on. Majora kept me engaged and is one of my favorite N64 games.

>> No.4168902
File: 1.29 MB, 195x229, 1500562292619.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4168897
>couldn't even complete Ocarina
>thinks his opinion is valid

>> No.4168903

>>4168871
>>4168878
Samefagging this hard.

>> No.4168915
File: 48 KB, 500x375, check-for_samefag19586.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4168903
>Imagine being this much of a faggot.

>> No.4168919

>>4168902
It's just an opinion. I'm glad you were able to discard it without wasting precious brain time :3

>> No.4168923

>>4168467
>I've tried to get into it many times ever since buying it back in 2001, but I simply cannot force myself to enjoy this game

That's because you're a pleb. Anybody who puts ALttP in the top 5, or rates OoT above MM has shit taste. That's really all there is to it.

>> No.4168936

>>4168923
>That's because you're a pleb. Anybody who puts ALttP in the top 5, or rates OoT above MM has shit taste. That's really all there is to it.
Lmao sorry retard you don't get to call anyone a "pleb" with taste like that. The minute you say something brutally autistic like "ALttP isn't one of the 5 best Zelda games", you've immediately outed yourself as a tasteless spermling. I bet your retarded ass likes Wind Waker too.

>> No.4168942
File: 77 KB, 680x680, 1149500395.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4168923
>Anybody who puts ALttP in the top 5, or rates OoT above MM has shit taste.

>> No.4168951

i agree OP. i dont hate it as much as you but its my least favorite zelda game next to maybe 2. time limits have no place in a seires where youre supposed to explore and experiment. the world was tiny as fuck and the dungeons were awful.

>> No.4168959

>>4168557
>Many of the characters DO have the same name and I believe I just stated that they had entirely different personalites, which makes it all the more bizarre.
Name ONE, faggot

>> No.4168961

>>4168959
Anju.

Wow, that was easy.

>> No.4168975

lmao all of these salty fags upset that op insulted precious mayjoruh. what is it about this game that acts as a magnet for autism?

>> No.4168982
File: 876 KB, 1066x1500, Sigmund_Freud_LIFE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP, who is this cry for attention really for? Being that you said you like OoT/ALttP I cannot believe you to see things the way you have outlined. This is the prose of fraternizing you speak. The kind you speak aloud to get someone's attention or keep up a dialogue, but which in your heart you hate yourself for later because you do not believe. When you play a game do any of those things matter? To say nothing of how they could be said for any sequel. Don't do this to yourself OP. Don't die on this hill. Don't become trapped inside this abyss battling demons of your own making. Think forward thoughts, productive not deconstructive. I can tell you're of the age of 18 or 19 by the way you talk. This is learned behavior you see. And never make the mistake of becoming like >>4168506 >>4168524 and just responding autonomously (definition no. 3 of the Kantian moral philosophy) without picking your battles. We make our own heaven or hell you see in the things we choose to do with our time.

Forget being correct by /v/ and /vr/, and just enjoy Majora's Mask for what it is, quite possibly the greatest sequel of all time.

>> No.4168991

>>4168982
>posts a picture of fucking Freud
>"This is the prose of fraternizing you speak"
Stopped reading right there. Go attempt to flex your limp intellectual dick elsewhere, nobody thinks you sound intelligent, you just seem like a faggot and I refuse to entertain such faggotry. Good day.

>> No.4169000

>>4168991
You would do well to take your own advice poster 4168506/4168524. This is directed at OP, not you.

>> No.4169004

>>4168942
>>4168936
Why don't you shut your ugly shitholes and just face the fact that people only like that game because of nostalgia? It's okay, it's not like the good memories will be tainted or disappear or anything.

ALttP had shit puzzles, boring combat that was also slightly annoying, a shitty plot, and average music. It wasn't fun, it wasn't exciting. It was Zelda 1 but worse and more linear.

>> No.4169005

>>4168991
>tries to take the moral high ground through admitting stupidity
Clever

>> No.4169097

>>4169005
>not willing to listen to the ravings of someone clearly suffering from a spectrum disorder and attempting to sound witty by using words he doesn't even understand
>"admitting stupidity"
I bet you're one of those guys who says shit like "This is the prose of fraternizing you speak" to girls you meet on Omegle thinking that they'll find your uh, "intelligence" attractive.

>> No.4169110

>>4168982
>can tell you're of the age of 18 or 19 by the way you talk
Funny, I can tell you're autistic by the way you talk. I'm genuinely curious, can you provide us with your critical analysis of OP's speech patterns, those which led you to believe he is of the age of 18 or 19? I want to pick the mind of a brilliant philosopher like yourself and gleam some knowledge of the human mind's inner workings from your own.

>> No.4169126

>>4168467
Let me offer my $0.02

>be young link and get a taste of some cool flips
>be bewildered by environment
>majora's mask genuinely bewildering and thought provoking
>be transformed into deku scrub
>you have to get ocarina back
>you're kid and prob skipped over this
>whatdoido.jpg
>explore.exe
>lots of interesting characters or previous characters models used for something more
>somehow figure out how to get to clock tower and become human
>go back in time
>be kid and you probably did not catch what you have to do, or it was over your head
>whatdoido.jpg
>explore.exe
>turns out once you're a bomber there is a bunch of people to talk to
>running errands and experiencing spooky time-based events
>collecting masks and heart pieces
>explore outer areas and ranch
>finally by mistake you head into the swamp area and realize that's where the first temple is
>you've had all this fun in peak zelda (at the time) open world
>complete temples and run more eerie and interesting and thought provoking and bewildering errands
>GO UP INTO THE MOON AT THE END

It's all about atmosphere and not being obligated to do anything in particular -- it was a GODSEND at the time it was released

I don't care if I'm wearing rose tinted glasses, Iove everything about it AMA

>> No.4169140

>>4169126
Part of my fascination became how much loot could I possibly collect before even going into the deku village for the first time, or focus on loot collecting and errand running, and doing the temple as something secondary, only when you've exasperated all possibilities and completing a dungeon opens up new errands to run

>> No.4169184
File: 100 KB, 480x478, 1484446266769.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4168467
Dude! I think exactly the same!!! I never understood back then how to save so I was like "Fuck this shit!" and went back play Smash Melee instead I had the Gamecube version

Majora Mask was a mistake

>> No.4169213

>>4169097
Prose.
1. to talk tediously.

Kinda like you are to make a non-existent ponit.

>>4169110
Maybe he's not 18 since he says he bought the game in 2001, but I don't believe he's over 30. His last two sentences are what give him away. He's following the conditioning of modern reviewers to make arbitrary comparisons and ultimatums. Yeah there have been shitty reviews since the dawn of time, but they weren't as commonplace before and nominally begin after the advent of the internet in gaming. It's not that he phrases things like a reviewer but the impressionability it has on his entire argument. There are much more universal criticisms he could level against MM, like how the combat is not as dynamic as OoT or the gameplay is generally more linear, or the side content not as robust. But OP lacks specificity as if he's afraid to really give the game a chance.

My point is if he'd really been playing the game since 2001, he'd know it better than this.

>> No.4169280

>>4169213
Everything you've said up to this point has been incoherent and retarded. I don't think anyone, not even you, has any idea what you're actually trying to say, and the faux intellectualism is incredibly telling of how stupid you actually are.

>His last two sentences are what give him away
Okay, what exactly about these two sentences gives you insight into OP's age? If anything, this is indicative of him being older than 30, not younger, especially since he mentioned A Link to the Past as being one of his favorite Zelda games. He stated that you get less items and a smaller world (objectively true), and you feel rushed to complete objectives because of the time limit (subjective in terms of how "rushed" you feel, but also objectively true in terms of the fact you do have a time limit working against you). His last sentence states that MM is the opposite of most Zelda games. He isn't incorrect. In fact, this is probably one reason some people love Majora, simply because it isn't like most other Zelda game. Neither of these sentences is at all telling of OP's age, whether you agree with said sentences or not.

>He's following the conditioning of modern reviewers to make arbitrary comparisons and ultimatums.
Meaningless sentence right here.

>Yeah there have been shitty reviews since the dawn of time, but they weren't as commonplace before and nominally begin after the advent of the internet in gaming.
Literally has nothing to do with anything that was said.

> It's not that he phrases things like a reviewer but the impressionability it has on his entire argument.
Another meaningless fucking sentence filled with equally meaningless words like "impressionability". Everyone is prone to "impressionability" retard, even you, clearly.

> There are much more universal criticisms he could level against MM
And this is where I realized you don't have a single fucking clue what you're talking about.

>> No.4169285
File: 1.74 MB, 300x290, whateverfag.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4169213
>Prose.
>1. to talk tediously.

>Kinda like you are to make a non-existent ponit.
I don't think he was questioning your use of the word "prose" you dumb fuck, he was saying you talk like you have autism because you feel the need to aggrandize everything you say with meaningless words in an attempt to sound intelligent.

>> No.4169343

>>4168961
She is never called Anju in OOT, only as "Cucco Lady"
Try again

>> No.4169380

overrated shit

>> No.4169757

>>4168467
>so fun.
For the post-LTTP games, Zelda in general became the opposite of that for me nowadays.

That's where such a hole is filled by Alundra and others, that do what both OoT and MM attempt to do much better I.M.O.

>> No.4169964

>>4168887

This is why I can't handle dealing with Nintendo fanboys. When it comes to profoundly mechanically flawed games like MM or Earthbound they just project a whole bunch of amazing things onto them, and get angry since you "only" played the game instead of filling in the gaps with your imagination.

>> No.4169976

>>4169757
>That's where such a hole is filled by Alundra
Alundra is shit honestly. One of the biggest "could have beens" I've ever played. For everything it did right, it did two things wrong. Reusing sprites from main characters for no-name NPCs, not updating your own sprite when you get new weapons or armor, having to reset puzzles by exiting and re-rentering rooms, having Meia only show up after randomly wandering dungeons for 30 minutes and visiting the same rooms multiple times, cryptic hints from the fortune teller telling you wehre to go with no actual indication for how to get there other than to literally wander around until you find an entrance to the part of the map you need to go to, so much fucking shit. Don't get me wrong, beautiful graphics, great music, great story, some great ideas in general, but the core gameplay is so fucking flawed and retarded that it isn't even funny.

>> No.4169984

>>4169964
>This is why I can't handle dealing with Nintendo fanboys. When it comes to profoundly mechanically flawed games like MM or Earthbound they just project a whole bunch of amazing things onto them, and get angry since you "only" played the game instead of filling in the gaps with your imagination.
Agreed. They are absolutely unwilling to accept that any game held in high esteem, such as MM, is flawless and that any perceivable flaws are either A) not actual flaws but rather positive qualities, or B) "minor" and don't impact the experience. If the situation was reversed, and MM had come out on the PS1 or Saturn, drones would shit all over it and call it a sloppy boring mess. I hate fanboys of all kinds and gladly play whatever the fuck I want across all consoles, but the average hardcore Nintendo fan functions on a supreme level of retardation and bias.

>> No.4170001

>>4169976
>One of the biggest "could have beens" I've ever played.
I honestly feel the same for both N64 Zeldas. For all accolades MM's and OoT's get, there's a lot of things in both games that makes me wish they were given more development time to flesh out better. Honestly, the concept of "a proper 3D Zelda" wasn't really executed until TP to me honestly.

>> No.4170008

>>4170001
>TP
Honestly dude, how can you levy any kind significant criticism against OoT and then call fucking TP well-executed? OoT was masterfully paced, had great dungeons, tons of different items each with a multitude of uses, lots of secrets to find, etc. TP is riddled with issues, everything from the 3 hour long intro, the lackluster dungeons, the numerous wolf segments, the fact that wolf form sucked in general and was near-useless, the lack of sidequests and rewards other than rupees, the lack of secrets, the lack of items being useful outside of dungeons, the lack of everything. About all it did was introduce a larger world and enemies to kill, it's objectively inferior in every other way.

>> No.4170010

>>4170008
>tons of different items each with a multitude of uses,
Eh, the hammer, mirror shield and hover boots were useless outside of their respective dungeons.

>> No.4170016

>>4170010
I'll give you the mirror shield and hover boots, but the hammer was not even close to useless. Some rocks could only be broken by it, it could uproot deku scrubs, deal area damage, flip tektites over, a bunch of shit. Outside of the two you mentioned, and maybe Farore's Wind, I can't think of any items which weren't well utilized. Looking at TP's inventory, almost everything is useless: the horse call (which you should have gotten to begin with instead of even having grass in the game), the multiple potions which all do the same thing, the dominion rod which is only used in a few locations to get the sky characters, the ball and chain which is utterly useless outside of combat, the iron boots which are useless outside of two dungeons, the bomblings which are useless outside of combat, the spinner which is literally useless except for like two places, etc. The only items you really ended up using outside of the dungeons was the bow, boomerang and maybe the hookshot in a few places. The itemization was terrible honestly. But hey, I'm interested to know, what do you think OoT could have done better than TP did right?

>> No.4170053

>>4170008
>OoT was masterfully paced
Getting through a lot of the cutscenes was just as much a complete slog as it was in TP. I believe at least two/three cutscenes could've been removed and the game itself wouldn't have been impacted much either way. At least in TP you had an option to SKIP most of them.

>had great dungeons
Some of them were, yes. Dungeons such as the Child Link dungeons and the Fire/Water Temples however, left a lot to be desired.

> tons of different items each with a multitude of uses
Only the Bombs/Bombchus, the Bow/Slingshot, the Fire Arrows, and the Lens saw any real usage throughout the game, other items were only useful in their respective dungeons like that one anon said (Boomerang, Both boots, Hammer etc.) or they were just mostly just menu warmers otherwise (Deku Nuts/Sticks, Magic Beans, more than just two bottles, Nayru's Love, the fucking Ice Arrows etc,)

>lots of secrets to find
Most of which amounted to useless rupee prizes that would just be sitting in the counter most of the time anyways.

Not to mention that they could've utilized the Time Travel, horseback riding and battle mechanics in more clever ways and it definitely shows an unfinished nature in some places which implies shades of an originally much larger game (Light Temple, Zora's Domain not being thawed out, the tree at the middle of Lake Hylia , Hyrule Field in general etc.)

I can get why some people would be into OoT, but nowadays it's sort of a disappointment to me compared to it's predecessors LTTP and even LA, both of which being more complete and relatively engaging experiences.

>> No.4170089

>>4168959
The potion shop is literally run by Koume and Kotake

They didn't even change the names

These weren't minor characters, they are the literal mothers of the franchise's big bad.

>> No.4170396

>>4169976
Now on the Alundra side of things...

>Reusing sprites from main characters for no-name NPCs
A common trend for 2D games back then. I wonder if you also bothered when other top-down Action-Adventures and JRPGs do something similar.

>not updating your own sprite when you get new weapons or armor
But why?

>having to reset puzzles by exiting and re-rentering rooms
Similar occurrences can be seen in some puzzles in a few 2D Zelda games. Doesn't bother me much really.

>having Meia only show up after randomly wandering dungeons for 30 minutes and visiting the same rooms multiple times
And Shiek randomly showing up after dicking around either outside or in the dungeons at the same areas for a certain amount of time any better?

>cryptic hints from the fortune teller telling you wehre to go with no actual indication for how to get there other than to literally wander around until you find an entrance to the part of the map you need to go to
I think you can actually get more concise info from the NPCs on where you need to go though.

>but the core gameplay is so fucking flawed and retarded that it isn't even funny.
I personally find it a lot less 'flawed and retarded' than the design choices made in the N64 game's own gameplay. If anything, the only gripes I really have with it are that some enemies and bosses and be hit sponges at times and I'd agreed with the other that the designs of some of the puzzles in dungeons can be admittedly bullshit. Overall I still think that Alundra is the game the N64 Zeldas should've been, but we might as well settle this on an 'agree to disagree' sort of thing. You like Zelda 64 more than Alundra, I like Alundra more than Zelda 64.

>> No.4170715

>>4170396
>A common trend for 2D games back then
Yes, with minor characters. It makes no fucking sense to have an uinmportant side character who lives in the woods to get his own unique sprite, and then have one of the MAIN characters in the game share a sprite with a fucking random bartender. Not even a palette swap. Laziness.

>But why?
What the fuck do you mean "why"? When you got a new sword or tunic in ALttP, your sprite reflected it. What the fuck is the point of getting a new weapon if it looks identical to your last weapon?

>Similar occurrences can be seen in some puzzles in a few 2D Zelda games
Oh yeah, like the first one, that came out in 1985 on an NES and still didn't do it with every puzzle.

>And Shiek randomly showing up after dicking around either outside or in the dungeons at the same areas for a certain amount of time any better
Are you delusional? There is a never time you're supposed to meet Shiek and you have to fucking exit and re-enter a room a bunch of times for her to show up. In Alundra, you can go into a room, say "huh, nothing here", and then spend 20 mintues autistically wandering the dungeon looking for a solution to a puzzle only for Meia to fucking show up in the room you just went in, as if her appearance is triggered by autism. Don't even fucking compare the two.

>I think you can actually get more concise info from the NPCs on where you need to go though.
Sometimes, sometimes not. Usually they'll say something like "You need the fire wand from the fire manor", or "I saw a fairy by the pond", they never actually tell you how to get there.

>I personally find it a lot less 'flawed and retarded' than the design choices made in the N64 game's own gameplay
And you are fucking wrong. There is nothing, I repeat, nothing, in either N64 Zelda which is as tedious and retarded as Alundra, nothing. It is a terribly designed game.

>> No.4170742

>>4170053
>Getting through a lot of the cutscenes was just as much a complete slog as it was in TP
What a weird criticism. There aren't that many cutscenes and they are pretty integral to the story, why would you skip them, and how could something so infrequent matter this much?

>Dungeons such as the Child Link dungeons and the Fire/Water Temples however, left a lot to be desired.
I don't see what was wrong with any of these dungeons aside from Jabu Jabu and maybe Water Temple from a difficulty perpsective. TP was absolutely brimming with shit dungeons.
>Only the Bombs/Bombchus, the Bow/Slingshot, the Fire Arrows, and the Lens saw any real usage throughout the game
I don't think I'll even have enough text space to respond to this fully, but this is objectively wrong. Almost every item in OoT has not only a use in at least one dungeon, but uses outside of the dungeon both in combat and exploration. Some items like deku nuts and ice arrows are purely optional side rewards which are used to make combat more interesting. This is in direct contrast to TP, where there are basically no optional side items, and all of the main items literally do nothing outside of their dungeons. The hammer, bow, hookshot, magic seeds, din's fire, bombs, ocarina, and bottles all have both dungeon and overworld uses. You cannot say that about TP.

>Most of which amounted to useless rupee prizes that would just be sitting in the counter most of the time anyways.
That's just dead wrong. In fact, OoT probably gave you more tangible rewards for exploration and minigames than any other game in the series. Fire arrows, ice arrows, the golden scale, biggoron sword, hylian shield (if you didn't buy it), etc. were all obtained by exploring and/or doing optional side activities. What did TP give you? The magic armor, and uhhhh....

I think most of your criticisms are pretty much nitpicking and some are flat out wrong.

>> No.4170767
File: 65 KB, 288x288, moon-stares-at-link-in-the-legend-of-zelda-majoras-mask_288x288.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4168510
If you think Termina and Hyrule are just different lands in the same world, how do you explain the moon?

>> No.4170785

>>4170767
>how do you explain the moon?
Well gee, I don't know, probably for the same reason I can't explain the existence of the same fucking characters from Hyrule appearing in Termina.

>> No.4171608

>>4170742
>I think most of your criticisms are pretty much nitpicking and some are flat out wrong.
Right back at cha, hardcore OoTfag. I still stand by my own opinions on the game and Alundra, just as much as you stand upon yours.

>> No.4171896

>>4171608
>Right back at cha, hardcore OoTfag. I still stand by my own opinions on the game and Alundra, just as much as you stand upon yours.
Except everything you've said can objectively proven wrong and you throw your support behind a game with actual, verifiable flaws. You're welcome to stand by your opinion, but your opinion is shit.

>> No.4171924

>>4171896
>Except everything you've said can objectively proven wrong and you throw your support behind a game with actual, verifiable flaws.
So do you, my friend, but at least I can still see flaws in my preferred game even if our perception of said flaws are different. I only wish you saw some in yours too, because they're present.

>You're welcome to stand by your opinion, but your opinion is shit.
Likewise

>> No.4171936

>>4171924
>So do you, my friend, but at least I can still see flaws in my preferred game even if our perception of said flaws are different. I only wish you saw some in yours too, because they're present.
No, they aren't. Literally all you are doing right now is saying that I'm wrong with no argument for why, and nothing I said can be proven wrong because nothing I said is wrong, which you'd know if you actually played the games. Almost everything you said is ((((objectively)))) incorrect, as I just explained. For example, you criticize OoT for having prizes which amount to "useless rupees", and then I give you a list of all the many things you can find which aren't useless rupees, which is far more than either OoT or Alundra have, so you simply ignore that statement and keep saying "you're wrong". No retard, you're wrong. Either come up with an actual argument that refutes my point or shut the fuck up.

>> No.4171938

>>4171936
>far more than TP or Alundra* I mean

>> No.4172009

>>4171936
>No, they aren't.
And there's the problem. I would go more in-depth with the flaws in the game's presentation but you'll just cover your ears anyway while either trying to twist my words against me or put them into my mouth. I honestly have no time conversing with zealots like you seriously.

Btw, I've played the game a many times in the past, even got to 100% on my most recent playthroughs. I acknowledge that game has its good qualities, and its contributions to the industry are undeniable, but I'm not gonna fellate its blurry, blocky dick to the point that the 2D textured cum covers my eyes so much that I'm blind of its shortcomings.

>> No.4172024

>>4172009
>And there's the problem. I would go more in-depth with the flaws in the game's presentation but you'll just cover your ears anyway while either trying to twist my words against me or put them into my mouth. I honestly have no time conversing with zealots like you seriously.
The problem is that you're speaking from a viewpoint that is factually incorrect. You can't prove wrong what is verifiably not wrong. If you dislike cutscenes and think they hinder the experience, okay, that's a subjective point. However, when I tell you "Uhhh, there are more tangible rewards in OoT and here's why", you can't refute that without ignoring fact, because it is a FACT. The ironic part is, you accuse me of "covering my ears" but that is literally what you are doing. In my last long-drought post I gave you PROOF that what you were saying was 100% wrong, and how do you respond? You call me a "hardcore OoTfag" and don't answer any of my points.

>
Btw, I've played the game a many times in the past, even got to 100% on my most recent playthroughs. I acknowledge that game has its good qualities, and its contributions to the industry are undeniable, but I'm not gonna fellate its blurry, blocky dick to the point that the 2D textured cum covers my eyes so much that I'm blind of its shortcomings.
You're right, you won't fellate anything except your own ego which is bolstered upon incorrect statements and unwillingness to actually argue opposing point.

As I thought, instead of providing an actual argument, you once again default to typical "I'm too good for this" bullshit and pretend you simply don't have "time" for it, despite your continued responses. I guarantee you'll reply again with the same exact excuses. Fucking pathetic.

>> No.4172041

>>4172009
jesus stop acting like a fucking baby. you wrote a load of shit that was entirely wrong and once you got assblasted you just started spouting ad hominem attacks. alundra sucks and your entire argument against oot was retarded as fuck. lolol cutscenes trigger you but your okay with no worldmap and shitty combat. kys desu

>> No.4172369

>>4170053
>Getting through a lot of the cutscenes was just as much a complete slog as it was in TP.
The cutscenes in OOT last like 30 seconds and there are like 10 in total. This is the most retarded nitpicking I've ever heard in my life.
>Some of them were, yes. Dungeons such as the Child Link dungeons and the Fire/Water Temples however, left a lot to be desired.
Lmao yeah, right, unlike TP where every single dungeon was total shit.
>Only the Bombs/Bombchus, the Bow/Slingshot, the Fire Arrows, and the Lens saw any real usage throughout the game
What the fuck are you talking about? Most every item was used in some way, shape or form. The items in twilight princess are used in the dungeon and then in like 1~2 places in the overworld. What are you smoking faggot?
>Most of which amounted to useless rupee prizes that would just be sitting in the counter most of the time anyways.
You just described TP, not OOT.
>Not to mention that they could've utilized the Time Travel, horseback riding and battle mechanics in more clever ways and it definitely shows an unfinished nature in some places which implies shades of an originally much larger game (Light Temple, Zora's Domain not being thawed out, the tree at the middle of Lake Hylia , Hyrule Field in general etc.)
Hey look, a subjective opinion that means jack fucking shit and isn't correct at all.

>> No.4172486

>>4170089
So here's the thing

I come from the Transformers fandom (which existed long before Michael Bay's shitstorms)

There are literally at least 6 almost entirely different versions of a red and blue truck guy named Optimus Prime with varying differences between them

Theyre all in different universes though so it DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER

In Hyruleverse Koume and Kotake raised Ganondorf and were Gerudo witches; in Termina though they just ran a potion shop

Why is this such a big deal and why are you so assblasted about it? It's not like literally every other Zelda game doesn't reuse characters in random other contexts. Are you the kind of guy who throws a tantrum when Zoras are fish monsters in one game but sexy mermaid fish peole in another? Does it trigger you that Rito and Zoras co exist in BOTW despite WW's canon being that zoras evolved into Ritos? Of course fucking not because they're entirely different games. Divorce MM from OOT and enjoy it for what it fucking is

>> No.4172514

>>4172486
>moving the goal posts

>> No.4172568
File: 127 KB, 1309x386, PSX_20170806_163942.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4168557
>Cool, too bad it never actually states that anywhere in the game and you're purely speculating out of your ass.

Did you read the manual?

>> No.4172609

>>4172514
That's not how you use that.

>> No.4172617

>>4170785
This HAS to be a troll

>> No.4172619

>>4172568
BTFO

>> No.4172829

>>4172609
>initial post says anon can't name even ONE npc that has an unchanged name
>anon posts one
>B-B-BUT FIRST LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT ALTERNATE UNIVERSES

Moved. Goalposts.

>> No.4172857

>>4172568
>Did you read the manual?
Did you read the post? I repeat:
>Cool, too bad (((((((((((((((it never actually states that anywhere in the game)))))))))))) and you're purely speculating out of your ass.
Moreover, "parallel world" can be taken to mean a whole number of things. Is it a dream? Is it hell? Is it another dimension? Is it another planet? There is no indication, therefore the prescence of all these familiar faces is bizarre and is NEVER ACTUALLY EXPLAINED.

This is the truth of the matter faggot: the N64 was on its last legs, they didn't want to be bothered making new assets, so they cobbled together a frankenstein of OoT parts and called it Majora's Mask to save money and time, with only the most vague "explanations" given for how the story actually relates to the previous game, just vague enough to trick retards like you into believing that they weren't just being lazy and that using shitty old character models was actually okay. End of story.

>> No.4172864
File: 647 KB, 188x253, nope.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4172609
Actually it looks like he used it perfectly. You asked for a specific example, and when you received one you then switched arguments and said it didn't matter. That's literally the definition of moving goal posts. Are you autistic?

>> No.4172875
File: 13 KB, 380x379, f_69af6d475a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4172486
>Divorce MM from OOT and enjoy it for what it fucking is
>lmaoz bro just forget that you played the last game and saw all this already, mm is gud n sheet

>> No.4172918

OP MM is my favorite game but I think all your complaints are pretty valid, except the small overworld one.

If you only count the central field as the overworld then yes, it would be small. But woodfall swamp, snowhead and ikana valley are pretty big and filled in. They arent just town areas, the town areas are hidden inside of them. They're mostly a pretty typical overworld area, they're filled with obstacles and enemies. It's why I like the world more than oot's, I always felt like oot needed more areas like the road to zora's domain that actually has platforming and enemies, and that's what most of MM's world is.

Great bay is admittedly pretty empty outside of pirate's fortress.

If you measured all the overworld areas in oot and mm, Im pretty sure MM's would be bigger, perhaps even without counting the water parts of the great bay.

>> No.4172921

>>4168467
you forgot the shit save system that existed for no reason, the lack of a third save slot, the regenerating monsters, the fact you lose all of your consumable items each time you play the song of time, the lack of hints telling you where to go, the framerate that is even worse than OoT, the butt fucking ugly swords and mirror shield, having less songs, having worse music, having straight up useless items like 6 fucking bottles and the powder kegs... boy does the list go on. i agree though, absolutely worse than OoT in just about every way and a 7/10 game in total.

>> No.4172929

>>4172918
>If you only count the central field as the overworld then yes, it would be small. But woodfall swamp, snowhead and ikana valley are pretty big and filled in. They arent just town areas, the town areas are hidden inside of them. They're mostly a pretty typical overworld area, they're filled with obstacles and enemies. It's why I like the world more than oot's, I always felt like oot needed more areas like the road to zora's domain that actually has platforming and enemies, and that's what most of MM's world is
I'll give you that, but to be fair, I did say the "world" not specifically the overworld. When you take into account the fact that there are many more dungeons in OoT, I'd still say there is more ground to cover than there is in MM, especially given that some of the OoT temples are pretty huge. Then you've got all of death mountain, the inside of death mount, the kokiri forest and lost woods, lake hylia, that whole area leading up to zora's domain and zora's domain itself, the entirety of castle town and kakariko village, the gerudo gorge, gerudo village, gerudo desert, the whole castle area, the graveyard, and of course hyrule field. And again, that's not counting the 9~11 dungeons.

>> No.4172958

>>4172929
Oh my bad.

Yeah oot is the bigger game overall, not gonna deny that. I feel like the areas in MM are generally denser and have more stuff in them, but I'm not 100% sure on that since oot has all those gold skulltullas.

>> No.4172975

>>4172921
>Having a worse mirror shield
This. So much of this. I loved the crescent moon and star design on the mirror shield in OoT. And I hated how it was redesigned in later releases to look like a frog or some shit.

>> No.4172990

>>4172975
i have no fucking clue what they were thinking. bringing back the OoT mirror shield would have been fine, but if they were absolutely insistent on making a new design, why not make something attractive? by far the ugliest fucking item in the series, i would have seriousy been happier to just keep the hylian shield.

>> No.4173032

>>4172921
Razor Sword honestly looked cool as fuck. Too bad it's a piece of shit that breaks and reverts back or is lost when you travel in time. The Gilded Sword and especially the Great Fairy's Sword look like ass though.

>> No.4173046

>>4172921
I don't think the losing consumables when you go back in time thing is bad at all, really, just a different mechanic. OoT really fucking lacked things to be spending money on and you basically had a full 500 rupee wallet at all times, sure did love opening chests with gold rupees worth 200 even though my wallet was full. Majora's Mask lets you store money in the bank at least.

>> No.4173064

>half the complaints being "waah why does it look like Ocarina so much"
First of all, shit was put out like 5 months after Ocarina dropped. Second of all, they tried changing the art style in Wind Waker, and not only did they get shit for that, but they also got shit for moving AWAY from it in the next game, which is fucking hilarious.
Nah fuck you bro, lrn 2 videogame. I consider Majora's Mask to be equally as impressive as Ocarina of Time.

>> No.4173073

Reused assets are fine.

The rest of OP's complaints boil down to "it's not OoT".

>> No.4173076

>>4168467
>anouma's shitty dlc continuation to his equally shitty lttp fanfic n a console that had only three good games at best
like pottery

>> No.4173078

>>4168467
You're perfectly entitled to your opinion, and just because something is popular doesn't mean you have to blindly like it.

But stop looking for attention, I've tried to play through FF7 quite a few times since it came out but it just doesn't do anything for me. But you don't see me trying to convince people to stop liking things that they like and then use argumentative loopholes to try to bait people into circular arguments.

>> No.4173082

>>4173046
>I don't think the losing consumables when you go back in time thing is bad at all, really, just a different mechanic. OoT really fucking lacked things to be spending money on and you basically had a full 500 rupee wallet at all times, sure did love opening chests with gold rupees worth 200 even though my wallet was full. Majora's Mask lets you store money in the bank at least.
That's a pretty big exaggeration. You almost never find a gold rupee in OoT. MM had even worse economy and lack of things to spend money on. There's no point in even spending money, because literally everything you need is right outside the town for free -- even deku nuts and sticks. In OoT, it is almost always faster to buy bombs/arrows/deku nuts/sticks (especially nuts and sticks since they are rare) than it is to farm them unless you are literally right next to a patch of grass. Also, you HAD to visit a shop if you wanted potions or bombchus, which were both expensive as fuck. The bank in MM only makes it worse too, because you can just hoard money and you find it in sickening amounts from everything -- 50 from big dodongos, probably 10~20 per patch of grass, etc. Don't get me wrong, both games could have made better use of rupees, but MM is by far the worse of the two.

>> No.4173087

>>4173078
>
But stop looking for attention, I've tried to play through FF7 quite a few times since it came out but it just doesn't do anything for me. But you don't see me trying to convince people to stop liking things that they like and then use argumentative loopholes to try to bait people into circular arguments.
>wahhhhhh don't post things I disagree with, this board is only for saying positive things, wahhhhhh
Lmao shut up faggot. If you care so little about these kind of discussions, then why the fuck are you even in the thread? What are YOU gaining from telling me not to make the threads? Either participate in the discussion or go back to redd1t where you can enjoy sterile discussions about things that won't upset you, retard.

>> No.4173095

>>4173082
Where do you get free potions in MM? Only one I can think of is from the witches, but it's way more efficient to just buy one.

>> No.4173097

>>4173082
In OoT there is literally no money sink except the blue potion and the game is so damn easy that I never even used the things once I filled the bottles with them. There are patches of grass in Hyrule Field that you can get any type of ammo from, pots are everywhere with money and ammo in dungeons and holes in the ground too.

There's a few gold rupees and each time I find them I know for a fact I have 500/500 rupees in my wallet going unspent. Even purple rupees are totally wasted.

t. literally just finished a playthrough on OoT 3DS earlier today, never once felt pressured for money or resources, usually just had capped out stacks and only went down to 20 out of 40 bombs once when i was trying to bomb around for a hole I knew was in the vicinity, until I remembered you have to Song of Storms it. Instantly filled my bombs back up by chopping a bush.

I don't know when you last played OoT but it's totally weaksauce when it comes to resource management. MM taking your consumables away is totally fine.

>> No.4173101

I don't want a big empty, uninteractive overworld like OoT had.

I don't care about things like tunics being gone when masks are better.

All four of Majora's Mask's dungeons are individually better than any OoT dungeon.

MM is just a better game, despite being smaller in some ways than OoT.

>> No.4173117

>>4173095
>Where do you get free potions in MM? Only one I can think of is from the witches
I'm just saying, OoT had more items which couldn't be easily obtained in the environments. Bombchus, deku sticks, deku nuts and potions were all pretty difficult to find, and all the other stuff (bombs, arrows, etc) had a lower drop rate from environmental objects than they did in MM, so like I said, it is almost always just going to be easier to buy them as opposed to MM where you can just walk outside and fill up on everything.

>> No.4173132

>>4173101
>I don't want a big empty, uninteractive overworld like OoT had.
It wasn't. Where is all this "interactivity" in MM? What can I do in Termina field that I can't do in hyrule field?

>
I don't care about things like tunics being gone when masks are better.
>takes up an item slot, limits the items you can use while wearing them, takes longer to equip
>"better"
Wrong.

>All four of Majora's Mask's dungeons are individually better than any OoT dungeon.
This is a subjective non-argument and it is pretty widely accepted that the actual dungeons in MM are total shit. Nothing in MM is better than Spirit Temple, Forest Temple, Dodongo's Cavern, Ganon's Tower, etc.

>MM is just a better game, despite being smaller in some ways than OoT.
Nope, it's not, try again.

>> No.4173135

>>4173132

No, all your points are wrong.

Glad this is decided.

>> No.4173140

>>4173097
>In OoT there is literally no money sink except the blue potion and the game is so damn easy that I never even used the things once I filled the bottles with them
Potions, minigames, bombchus, are all "money sinks". And like I already stated, since deku sticks and seeds can't be easily found in the environment, it's faster to just buy them.

>There are patches of grass in Hyrule Field that you can get any type of ammo from, pots are everywhere with money and ammo in dungeons and holes in the ground too.
Having to walk all the way into hyrule field and cut the patches of grass which are very far apart is incredibly inefficient. In MM, you walk outside the town and there are about two patches of grass on either side of you, and they almost always drop blue rupees, fill up your bombs and everything else. Also, there are boko babas in the field so you can get sticks and nuts easily as well. MM is so much worse, they aren't even comparable.

>There's a few gold rupees and each time I find them I know for a fact I have 500/500 rupees in my wallet going unspent. Even purple rupees are totally wasted.
MM is the same way, again it's even worse. You get 50 rupees just from killing a fucking dodongo. You can go store them in the bank once you get max rupees, but what's the point? There's nothing to spend them on, so the only thing you gain is a meaningless number.

>t. literally just finished a playthrough on OoT 3DS earlier today, never once felt pressured for money or resources
This literally never happens in MM either.

>I don't know when you last played OoT but it's totally weaksauce when it comes to resource management. MM taking your consumables away is totally fine.
It isn't fine, because it literally just forces you to do tedious busywork to re-acquire the items. Having a system that forces me to spend money "just to spend money" is retarded.

>> No.4173142

There's no arguing with a retard that thinks anybody spends money in OoT.

>> No.4173145

>>4173135
>No, all your points are wrong.
I literally just answered each point you made with a mostly objective fact proving you wrong, and you just stamp your foot and say "no" like an autistic child. This is why your opinion is worthless.

>> No.4173149

>>4173142
>"There's no arguing with a retard that thinks anybody spends money in OoT"
>thinks there's more to spend money on in MM when you get both more money for everything, have less to spend it on, and items are easier to get
Good one faggot child.

>> No.4173151

>>4173145

No you didn't, you said a bunch of dumb shit like "it is pretty widely accepted that the actual dungeons in MM are total shit" even though the opposite is true. They're more varied with unique elements like freezing water, or just plain flipping them upside down. Everyone knows what you are saying is untrue.

>> No.4173154

>>4173087
Holy shit kid, we're talking about video games here, calm the fuck down.

If you don't like a game then don't play it, that's the only point I was trying to make.

>> No.4173157

>>4173149

Great, except I didn't say that at all, I said you think people spend money in OoT LOL

LOL

>> No.4173165

>>4173151
>No you didn't, you said a bunch of dumb shit like "it is pretty widely accepted that the actual dungeons in MM are total shit" even though the opposite is true
You just cherrypicked the only subjective thing I said and chose to ignore what I said about both the interactivity and tunics. There's no point in debating "which dungeons are better" unless you want to get into a fucking long-drawn argument about the minutae of game mechanics, it's a fucking subjective subject entirely. I'm simply telling you that most people dislike MM's actual dungeons, you can disagree but you are incorrect. Now, tell me more about this "interactivity" or shut the fuck up.

>> No.4173171

>>4173157
We're comparing MM and OoT you fucking retard, you saying "nobody spends money in OoT" is pretty clearly implying that MM somehow has a better system, which it doesn't. Either you are a hypertard who says things literally or you're moving goalposts becuase your point was fucking retarded. Next.

>> No.4173175

>>4173140
>Potions
Game is so easy you literally never need them, killing enemies or pots in dungeons just spew hearts out as well, every time you tred on a trap you lose like 1/4 of a heart.
>Minigames
You literally get more money doing minigames than you lose by playing them. Every time I went to do a minigame to offload some cash I ended up just being capped out because they spam purple rupees at you've already got the bomb bag / quiver / heart pieces from them.
>Bombchus
Literally almost a worthless item that you can carry 50 of and if you were doing the above (spamming minigames, specifically bombchu bowling) or finding the few found in chests you will cap out on them pretty fast. Any time they are required to be used they can be found in a stack of 10 in a nearby chest (Spirit Temple, Ganon's Castle).
>Deku Seeds
How often do you find yourself using them to run out of 40 deku seeds before you come across a few by riding epona through a grass patch in Hyrule Field? I really didn't have the problem you're describing with finding them in the environment.
>Deku Sticks
They are good as kid Link but obviously adult link doesn't even use them, and 2/3 of the game you play as Adult Link. You can also carry 30 of them with the upgrades (the other "money sink" that really very marginally impacts your wallet) and you don't even lose one when you use it to solve a torch puzzle, just swing your sword or stand still and put it away.
>Having to walk all the way into hyrule field and cut the patches of grass which are very far apart is incredibly inefficient.
As I said before, ride Epona through them.
>>never once felt pressured for money or resources
>This literally never happens in MM either.
>It isn't fine, because it literally just forces you to do tedious busywork to re-acquire the items.
This is literally a you problem you dumb cancerous autist. You're literally complaining about having to do busywork when you could just spend your jewgold.

>> No.4173180

>>4173165
>You just cherrypicked the only subjective thing I said

No I didn't, I pointed out the easiest thing to knock down. And don't worry, your stupid claim that people hate MM dungeons is factually untrue. In reality, people complain that there are only four of them.

The rest of your claims there are also stupid. For instance if taking up an item slot is a problem, just pause the game and change CAUSE GUESS WHAT YOU GOTTA DO IN OOT WHEN YOU SWITCH TUNICS. I want the mask there, makes using it dynamic.

God I hate people like you, the best you can come up with is that MM isn't OoT. That's what really bugs you, and that's pathetic. You can't even own up and just say that and just that.

>> No.4173181

>>4173180
>CAUSE GUESS WHAT YOU GOTTA DO IN OOT WHEN YOU SWITCH TUNICS
Or even worse, he seems to be forgetting switching boots in the water temple or shadow temple.

>> No.4173187

>>4173175
>the thing about Deku Seeds
Just realized it's Seeds, not Nuts. Nuts are easily attainable and you can hold 40 and barely use them. Seeds you can hold 50 but they are as easy to find as arrows when you're adult link (literally chop any bush or any pot anywhere and out they come), obviously you won't be finding them riding epona through bushes though.

Autism man is probably going to pick this apart even though Deku Seeds are literally everywhere anyway and I actually just can't understand how he could ever run out of them.

>> No.4173189

>>4173175
>Game is so easy you literally never need them
Right, just like MM.
>You literally get more money doing minigames than you lose by playing them. Every time I went to do a minigame to offload some cash I ended up just being capped out because they spam purple rupees at you've already got the bomb bag / quiver / heart pieces from them.
You're pretending MM doesn't do the same thing... again.
>Literally almost a worthless item that you can carry 50 of and if you were doing the above (spamming minigames, specifically bombchu bowling) or finding the few found in chests you will cap out on them pretty fast.
Not an argument. What if I just like to dick around with them, or kill enemies with them instead of bothering with actual combat? They're the best weapon in the game. Whether or not YOU use them does not negate the fact you can spend money on them.
>How often do you find yourself using them to run out of 40 deku seeds
Lmao, you don't even know the game you fucking retard, you can't find deku nuts from grass.
>They are good as kid Link but obviously adult link doesn't even use them
Unless you want to go back in time and do shit you didn't do before, in which case deku sticks are the best weapon.
>As I said before, ride Epona through them.
By the time you call epona and ride through grass (which, by the way, is even more inefficent because you'll have to make multiple passes at a single patch to even cut every bush), I can just warp to town, walk in a shop and fill up on literally everything in 30 seconds. You are wrong.
>This is literally a you problem you dumb cancerous autist
For someone calling me autistic, you're the retard who can't read. You neglected what I said following that sentence:
>Having a system that forces me to spend money "just to spend money" is retarded.
In case you are too mentally simple to understand, the point is that I either A) have to busywork to reacquire shit I just had, or spend money JUST TO SPEND MONEY. That is a shit system.

>> No.4173198

>>4173189
What the fuck is the point of money in a game if not to spend it? Like how is this so difficult for you to understand? OoT has literally no resource economy at all, you never run out of ammo, you end every single dungeon with full ammo and rupees and never have anything to spend them on if you aren't missing like 10 arrows per enemy or doing some no-Z-targeting run. It was literally an improvement for MM to add some use to money.

Why are you even here? Go back to /v/ and spread your cancer there you dumb fucking autistic slug.

>> No.4173207

>>4169285
>>4169280
>taking pseudo-intellectuals seriously
shiggy

>> No.4173215

>>4173198
>What the fuck is the point of money in a game if not to spend it? Like how is this so difficult for you to understand?
You tell me, what is so difficult for YOU to understand? There's no point in just having a way to spend money for no reason. The point of spending money in a game should be to acquire one thing versus another, having to decide "I'd rather have this" or "I'd rather have that". If everything you're spending money on can be found for free, and just as fast, then you're literally spending money for no reason. "LOL GUYS LET'S JUST TAKE AWAY ALL OF YOUR SHIT SO THAT YOU'LL HAVE TO BUY IT BACK AGAIN, THAT'S FUN RIGHT?", this is what your retarded ass thinks is good game design.

In OoT, if you're low on items, the easiest thing to do is just go to a shop and buy more. Simple. In MM, the game just forces you to buy more just to have a needless "reason" to spend money. That is fucking autism and you are defending it.

>you dumb fucking autistic slug.
Lmao talk about the pot and kettle.

>> No.4173218
File: 83 KB, 900x702, jgj6060g0f00.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4173198
>It was literally an improvement for MM to add some use to money.
it wouldve been an improvement if you could actually spend the money on something meaningful instead of the game just constantly forcing you to re-buy the same items over and over. are you retarded?

>> No.4173229

>>4173180
>No I didn't, I pointed out the easiest thing to knock down
"easiest thing to knock down", yeah a fucking subjective argument LOL. Brilliant argument Socrates.

>And don't worry, your stupid claim that people hate MM dungeons is factually untrue. In reality, people complain that there are only four of them
Lmao, "factually untrue", get a load of this fucking faggot.

>. For instance if taking up an item slot is a problem, just pause the game and change CAUSE GUESS WHAT YOU GOTTA DO IN OOT WHEN YOU SWITCH TUNICS. I want the mask there, makes using it dynamic.
How retarded are you exactly? When do you constantly switch tunics in OoT? You put on the goron tunic for the fire temple, you put on the zora tunic for the water temple. You can literally go through the rest of the game wearing that zora tunic and never change it again. You have the mental capacity of a cashew.

>God I hate people like you, the best you can come up with is that MM isn't OoT. That's what really bugs you, and that's pathetic. You can't even own up and just say that and just that
The fact it "isn't OoT" has nothing to do with it. The fact it is an inferior game in almost every way, that's the issue.

>> No.4173234
File: 1.31 MB, 575x346, zelda.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>ITT: zeldafags autistically screeching at each other
keep up the good work guys

>> No.4173238
File: 62 KB, 508x508, lmaonigga.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4173198
>What the fuck is the point of money in a game if not to spend it?
>black guy comes by your house every night and siphons the gas from your car
>"I don't mind him doing it, it gives me a reason to spend money"

>> No.4173247

>>4173234
>ITT: zeldafags autistically screeching at each other
I wouldn't have it any other way.

>> No.4173295

>>4173064
>but they also got shit for moving AWAY from it in the next game, which is fucking hilarious.

I fucking love this revisionist history.

>> No.4173312

>>4173064
>First of all, shit was put out like 5 months after Ocarina dropped
lolwut?
>Second of all, they tried changing the art style in Wind Waker, and not only did they get shit for that, but they also got shit for moving AWAY from it in the next game, which is fucking hilarious.
What the fuck does this have to do with anything? And no, nobody ever, ever, ever gave Nintendo shit for moving away from the faggot Wind Waker style. Nobody. Ever.
>Nah fuck you bro, lrn 2 videogame. I consider Majora's Mask to be equally as impressive as Ocarina of Time
I don't value the opinion of a rambling autist.

>

>> No.4173339

Imagine being so autistic that you make this thread and then *autistic screech* at everyone who comes in and tells you you're wrong.

Poor guy.

>> No.4173374
File: 406 KB, 904x1406, 1501791398168.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4173339
>making a thread on 4chan and disagreeing with people who assault you subjective opinions and dismiss objective fact is "autistic screeching"
>taking the time to reply to a thread you don't even care about just to call someone autistic is anything other than autistic
Lmao good one faggot, I'm sorry that I insulted your precious mayjoruh.

>> No.4173414

Man it would be so nice to just have a thread where we can discuss the positives and negatives of this game without being shitflinging monkeys about it.

>> No.4173441

>>4173414
>without being shitflinging monkeys about it.
The reaction image above you didn't clue you in on where OP most likely came from?

>> No.4173663

>>4173374
Back to /v/, retard.

>> No.4173950

Yeah but the asset reuse while an necessary evil just takes you out of the game. It's like how in FFX-2 they make Shuyin a direct copy of Tidus, and when you have your FINAL BOSS FIGHT with him, he does every Tidus Limit Break you've already seen a million times in the last game, and you got shit like an attack called TERROR OF ZANARKAND being him kicking a blitzball.

Come to think of it, both FFX-2 and Majora's Mask aren't just weird with the assets they reuse, but also for strange priority they gave to making NEW assets.

>both games make tons of colorful new NPCs
>chief antagonist is a literal copy paste random model from the last game

>> No.4173953

>>4168467
If you don't 'get it' then don't try to.
t. underage 1997+ millennial toddler

>> No.4173986

>>4173953

Except all the people who played it back in the day were millennials.

>> No.4174000

>>4173097

Consumables are useless in MM though. You very rarely have to use bombs at all, where as in OOT you need lots of them to explore. Also, there's actually exploration in OOT whereas pretty much everything is out in the open in MM.

>> No.4174032

>>4174000
At the end of the day though they both have shit for exploration value in comparison to most of their 2D counterparts, so it's pretty meh all around.

>> No.4174041

>>4174000
It doesn't help that in MM's consumables are handed to the player like candy anyway.

>Play Song of Time
>OH NO YOU LOST ALL YOUR CONSUMABLES ISN'T THAT TERRIBLE SO CHALLENGING
>walk out of Clock Town
>slice up a clump of grass
>pinatas into arrows, bombs, and nuts

>> No.4174042

>>4173189
You're delusional if you think MM is even remotely as easy as OoT. There is almost no dungeon in OoT that provides a challenge besides the water temple and Ganon Tower. I've only played up to the 3rd dungeon of MM but have already been challenged far more I ever had been with Ocarina

>> No.4174126

>>4174042
>You're delusional if you think MM is even remotely as easy as OoT.
Lmao it sounds like you just suck at an incredibly easy game my friend.

>> No.4174190
File: 860 KB, 900x504, srslyrtrd.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OOT You play to be a sword wielding knight, Major Ass you play to explore characters and sidequests.
>>4170001
I just wanted to say after playing LSD dream emulator for 5 hours your fucking spoiler scared the fuck outta me.

Thanks cock fag

>> No.4174396

been playing the OoT 3ds remake and holy fuck do these dungeons ever end? there's like 40 of them and they each take at least an hour and a half.
i mean i love aimlessly wondering around looking for something thatll advance the story as much as the next guy but could you have cut out like some temples or made them a bit more streamlined? lookin at you water temple.
i know it's basically video game blasphemy but ive gotten burned out at least twice now and its harder and harder to keep going.
is it just me or does anyone else feel like this? when we were kids i could see just enjoying this game for hours on end but this is almost like work.
tl:dr i must be a pleb

but honestly OoT is mindblowing how ahead of its time it is. you play this then go play dark souls and the similarities just jump out at you. i can totally see how every rpg/action adventure game pays debts to OoT and i can agree on the notion of it being held up as a legitimate greatest of all time.

>> No.4174403

>>4174396
>i know it's basically video game blasphemy but ive gotten burned out at least twice now and its harder and harder to keep going
The dungeons don't really bother me much, some drag on more than others, but that's pretty much the nature of all Zelda dungeons. My advice? The minute you start feeling burnt, just leave. Go explore the world, look for secrets, talk to characters, play some minigames, go fishing, anything. There is so much more to the game than just the dungeons. Come back when you're refreshed and you'll enjoy it more.

>you play this then go play dark souls and the similarities just jump out at you
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. I always say the same thing and people act like I'm speaking chinese. You can definitely feel the influence -- everything from the way you map items to directional buttons, to the combat. In some ways, OoT combat is actually more advanced. Horizontal slices, vertical slices, thrusts, jump attacks, backflips, rolls, crouch stabs, etc. Not even including all the ways you can utilize the tool items in combat. It really is a great game and was very instrumental in forming the ARPG/adventure genre we know today.

>> No.4175462
File: 1.87 MB, 365x254, 1495504208826.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4168467
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaYGTagatiY

>> No.4175893

>>4168467

I'm like you OP. I have tried to play through this game multiple times since 2001, and I was finally able to beat it last year. And I gotta say, I didn't like it and I'm glad it's off my backlog.

>> No.4175961
File: 3.23 MB, 1892x1408, dick.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Majora and Link's Awakening are my 2 favorite Zelda games. LA being my favorite.

>> No.4177017

>>4173238
Video games aren't real life faggot, it's not like Link needs to save up his money to pay his fucking rent every month

>> No.4177019

>>4174403
Yeah it's real easy to get burned out in a big Zelda game if you just go do all the dungeons in a row. I like to wander and do sidequests inbetween.

>> No.4177050

>>4177017
>Link needs to save up his money to pay his fucking rent every month
I want more of this in my games.

>> No.4177073

>>4173986
yes, just specifying that if you don't like and appreciate MM you have to be a 1997+ babbie who grew up with ps2.

>> No.4177296

>>4168490
>Aonuma even said himself that reusing the assets allowed them to make the game in 18 months, so clearly it was a deliberate choice to save time and money with no thought given to coherence.

It's almost like churning out games is a business and not an art form.

>> No.4177307

>>4177050
go play the tingle games

>> No.4177574

wow zelda games do cause Autism.

>> No.4179475

Majoras Mask is the best 3D Zelda because it's the most non-linear. You can literally play any quest or any dungeon you want in any order you want.

>> No.4179571

>>4168467
This is how I feel about OoT, my reasons are completely different but I can never get past the great deku tree. I just lose all interest beyond that point, I had a similar problem with the Gen III Pokémon games for years (playing Emerald for the first time after 10+ years of deliberating on it)

>> No.4179574

>>4177574
>Zelda
It was the internet, happens with every other fanbase.

>> No.4179658

>>4179475
No you can't.

>> No.4179683

>>4168467
You people with a hate boner for MM always come off as whiney.

If you don't like it or can't keep up with the (very generous) "time limit", than don't play it.
You obviously need a more linear experience if collecting masks is too nuch for you.

My only complaint with this game was that it was still a Zelda game, while I still enjoyed it, if it was more focused on getting to know the people and their schedules, going back in time, the atmosphere, etc, I think it could be a better game.

I wish there was more like MM.

>> No.4179838

Yeah, you right, I take back what I said.

>> No.4180420

>>4179571
The deku tree is a tutorial