[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 28 KB, 800x322, miracle piano.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4157303 No.4157303 [Reply] [Original]

So I want to play Miracle Piano on my NES and have a flash cart to do so, but I'm wondering if it is possible for me to use my piano I already own that supports Midi out via USB? I'd rather not have to buy the official keyboard if I don't have to, but I'm just curious as to how I would go about it otherwise. I was successfully able to emulate it using the same piano on a PC, but the emulator plus the HDTV caused too much input lag to hit the notes with proper timing. That issue is even further worse due to the fact that the TV outputs the metronome which is then out of sync with the keyboard audio. I have a CRT I could play on, but getting my PC to output something it could use would be a pain in the ass. Any suggestions?

>> No.4157312

The keyboard has a special port for the controller cable. It doesn't use the midi ports.

>> No.4157332

>>4157312
Certainly said port still outputs in Midi though, no?

>> No.4157342

>>4157332
Why don't you, like, google it yourself or go to a specialized forum brah

>> No.4157382

>>4157342
I did, I just didn't find a lot of useful info. Brah

>> No.4157393

>>4157332
I doubt it. It has that game-cable port and separate midi ports.

>> No.4157535

You could get a midi to DB25 converter and then make a DB25 to NES cable. There are instructions on how to do the latter.

>> No.4158226

>>4157332
Almost certainly not. If it was they wouldn't have needed to include the extra port on the keyboard. Even if they had some crazy reason to do that the fact the the port uses latch/clock/data signals is a dead giveaway it's not electrically midi. The data might be midi though.