[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 124 KB, 500x491, $(KGrHqF,!psF!P6S0)qNBQLn-5D2q!~~60_12[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
413342 No.413342[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Alright /vr/, is a USB Sega Saturn controller worth buying?

>> No.413417
File: 204 KB, 1024x512, SDC16217.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I don't have one but I remember hearing bad things about the PlaySega controller. They're not the same as the original ones put out in 2005 and there were a lot of defective issues. This was all the way back in 2009 though so my memory is a little fuzzy.

Only problem is the 2005 pads are very difficult to find and very, very expensive. There's a white PS2 pad on eBay right now which, aside the color, is the exact same one I use with a PS2-to-USB converter, plus the added bonus of being able to use it on a PlayStation is wonderful. Only problem is it still has a day left on the listing, it's already at $20, and I can guarantee the price will go way up by the time it's over:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Official-SLS-Sega-Saturn-Control-Pad-for-Sony-Playstation-2-PS1-PS2-New-RARE-/261195968491?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item3cd07e2feb

>> No.413443
File: 30 KB, 582x640, saturnpinkusbwide.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

When http://www.playsega.com/ will be up again ?

>> No.413461

You should buy a Gtron and find a broken saturn controller, Pull out the guts of the GTron and desolder the shoulder buttons from both the GTron and the broken saturn controller. Solder the saturn shoulder buttons on to the gtron, then throw it into the Saturn controller case, using all the original saturn buttons.

From what I understand, this is as close as you are getting without buying an SLS, which is a bitch to come across.

Whatever you do, don't buy the Play Sega or the GTron unless you plan on swapping out the Dpads, the defaults break mid play.