[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 44 KB, 480x360, saturn-system.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
412975 No.412975 [Reply] [Original]

afternoon, /vr/. I'm feeling to urge to finally own a Sega Saturn. I found someone locally that wants to sell one with:
D (both disks)
Blazing Dragons
Dark Savior
Shining Wisdom
Virtua Fighter 2
Virtua Cop
Rayman
World Series Baseball 1998
for $125
Would /vr/ consider this a good deal? Or is this a pretty shit game selection and I should just invest in importing a Japanese Saturn with a set of imports?

Thanks in advance, buddies.

>> No.412997

If Shining Wisdom is complete that could pretty much cover the cost of that alone.

Not a terribly good game, though, I've heard. Never played that one.

>> No.413005

>>412997
Thanks. Yeah unfortunately the games listed arnt any that i'm particularly interested in owning though I did catch that Shining WIsdom is fairly valuable. I'm also considering getting a Japanese console because I hear the japanese library and controllers are superior to the US console.

>> No.413034
File: 1.85 MB, 3980x2280, Sega-Saturn-JP-Mk1-Console-Set.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>413005
It is, but playing Japanese games is a ridiculously easy task that only requires a cheat device like Action Replay or Gameshark. Getting an Action Replay with the RAM cart would be preferable for the games that require it but they're both really cheap.

Japanese Saturns are going to be just as expensive as this, mostly because of shipping. They look a hell of a lot nicer, though, so there's that. The region swapping works both ways, too. Action Replays and Gamesharks will work on both American and Japanese systems to play either region.

>> No.413047

Go for it OP. Id haggle down a bit first.

I got a Saturn with a hell of a lot more stuff (including nights with the 3Dcontroller, as well as Virtua Cop with the gun) for $115.

>> No.413086

>>413047
Yeah unfortunately he says he's firm on the price. I just hate to spend $125 and then have to invest in some fairly high prices for the games I actually want. I guess I could sell Shining Wisdom off to go towards games that I want. I'm going to monitor some Japanese auctions and maybe bid on one and if that doesnt work out then I may pick his up.

>> No.413112

>>413086
What you could do is (if it's a model 2 Saturn, IE, the one with round buttons like the pic in the OP) install a mod chip (buy it from Racketboy for $45) and play all the games you want.

Of course, you'll still have to buy an action replay to play imports, original or burned, since the mod chip does nothing more than bypass security checks rather than reigon checks.

>> No.413120

Are you getting the gun with Virtua Cop? Because IMHO that's the only really good game you've got in that it. I do like Blazing Dragons, but it doesn't really suck you in the same way.

>> No.413148

>>413120
I havnt gotten those details. I'm about to email him and ask if all of the games are complete and what controllers are included.

>> No.413456

So the games don't come in the original case or with the manuals and only one original controller is included, not the gun. So i'm going to pass on this for now and wait for a perfect setup to come along.