[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 46 KB, 640x400, Rise-of-the-Triad-Goodies-Pack_1[1].gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
411281 No.411281 [Reply] [Original]

Sup /vr/, as my favorite board I come both looking for help and providing some games. I'm compiling a huge list of old school shooters, and I need your help. Anyone want to add to this list? Going to try and collect each and every one of these games

marathon
strife
zero tolerance (unique shooter for sega genesis)
powerslave
alien trilogy
battle frenzy
witchhaven
blake stone
blood
catacombs
chex quest
rise of the triad
doom
hexen
heretic
wolfenstein 3d
ww2 gi
nam
star wars dark forces
system shock
outlaws
deus ex
redneck rampage
goldeneye
turok
duke nukem 3d
shadow warrior

>> No.411285

perfect dark

>> No.411292
File: 36 KB, 420x312, Laptop+Gun+1[1].jpg97378951&page=3&tbnh=131&tbnw=215&start=24&ndsp=12&ved=1t_429,r_7,s_24,i.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>411285
excellent game, great memories

I remember throwing these on the wall killing my irl friends over and over.

>> No.411308

>not Bad Toys 3D

>> No.411309

Quake
Unreal Tournament
Thief
Perfect Dark
Not /vr/ I think, but Time Splitters

>> No.411320
File: 3 KB, 209x215, 1362083116365.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Rise-of-the-Triad-Goodies-Pack_1[1].gif

>>411309
Don't forget Unreal and Quake II.

>> No.411326

>>411308
Haha, this is great! I've never heard of this. checking out this video of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JdrspP17s0

>>411309
I knew I'd forget some essentials, I was trying my best to think of some of the more obscure ones (at least a few) so I won't forget.

keeping a list on my computer so I don't forget, thanks for these

>> No.411334

>>411320
I'm assuming it automatically includes sequels. He didn't put DOOM 2 in.

>> No.411340

>>411320
Yeah I saw that after grabbing the image off google.. it's just dark forces

>>411334
yeah only going by the series at least, for the most part

>> No.411345

>>411334
That's true, but some sequels aren't "retro", depending on how far you go.

Anyway, the guy I replied to listed UT, not the first game, so that's why I mentioned it.

>> No.411348

>>411345
I am that guy and I thought Unreal sucked

>> No.411352

>>411348
You have poor taste in video games.

>> No.411357

>>411352
Not poor enough if I like UT, friend.

>> No.411365
File: 26 KB, 256x306, 256px-ShogoBox[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Op here again, well not going anywhere for a bit. I know lots of /vr/ loves this game it is in fact in my mental list of games to play, I'll this to my document.

I'm not good with making those useful pics I see around here, but I'd like to make a nice image with all of these games on it.

>> No.411382
File: 24 KB, 250x317, KPLOC.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How about Kingpin? Pretty sure it's about '98 or '99. It always seems to get undeservedly overlooked to me, even among many retro gamers.

>> No.411403

Spear of Destiny
Quarantine & Road Warrior
Cyclones
Terminator Future Shock & Skynet
SiN
Requiem: Avenging Angel
KISS Psycho Circus
Cybermage

And in case they don't even have to be good:

Corridor 7
Operation Body Count
H.U.R.L.
Super Noah's Ark 3D
the Island of the Dead

>> No.411410

>>411326
Haha, you're welcome bro, since you need a big list pointing out obscure ones it's the clue.

>> No.411420

>>411403
Golden list, I really want to get my hands on the terminator games, they look so good.

good or bad, doesn't matter to me

>> No.411440

quite a few amiga fps games I found out about incoming

Fear (old shooter, not the new one)
Gloom
Breathless, Alien Breed 3d 1 & 2, Nemic IV and Genetic Species

crappy fps for pc:
extreme paintbrawl

>> No.411441

Turok 2 is on PC not sure about Turok 1.

>> No.411450

>>411365
Oh fuck yeah, Shogo

>> No.411459

Soldier of Fortune.

>> No.411465

>>411450
it's on gog, I will probably pick it up soon because it's cheap, it always gets great feedback

>> No.411504
File: 121 KB, 268x249, get_shatner'd.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ah yes another strange one, this time with william shatner in the cutscenes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vho7k1qON_w

Tek war

>> No.412576

Ken's Labyrinth
Depth Dwellers
Immoral Cumbat
Skaphander (good lord, now I'm really digging around at the bottom of the obscurity barrel)

>> No.412690

>>412576
That's good, none of these are on my list. I'm making a huge notepad file.. think I might make some sort of spreadsheet to sort these out.

Perhaps putting the more obscure ones in their own column or something. Thanks

>> No.413668
File: 10 KB, 160x267, CONGO_SATURN_BOX_FRONTboxart_160w[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Here's another shooter I did forget about. Congo, got some neat cutscenes and whatnot, here's the saturn version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjC1hyr4MWw

>> No.413693
File: 36 KB, 640x480, 83109.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Wrath of Earth, yo.

>> No.413780

>>413693

it's like a poor man's system shock

>> No.414110

>>411281
There's like three terminator games from bethesda.
Terminator Future Shock.
Terminator Rampage
Terminator Skynet
Also if you're just looking for a list of old FPS, why the fuck are you asking us? Mobygames HAS that already.
http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/dos/action/shooter/1st-person-perspective/offset,0/so,1a/list-games/
Congratulations. Go through the list and make sure to remove any 'first person shooters' that are tank/space/flight/vehicle games.

>> No.414239

>>413668
Interesting, it's like far cry 2 without africanized water. Also apparently the jungle has shifting hills for you to change paths for no reason.

>> No.415039

>>414110
whelp, you win.

great list.. will refer to it

>> No.415062 [DELETED] 

Halo: Combat Evolved isn't retro by the board's rules, but it is still one of the most revolutionary shooters of all time. I think it and Halo 2 both deserve a mention.

>> No.415082 [DELETED] 

>>415062
Op here, believe me.. I'll always have a soft spot for halo. Had some great times on both the PC and Xbox version.

I'm not sure how revolutionary I'd categorize it, but it did definitely do wonders for xbox live.

>> No.415254 [DELETED] 

>>415062
No it isn't. While the OP may run into shitty as fuck FPS games which is relevant to halo, it doesn't deserve a mention because it's not an old school shooter and wasn't what the op asked for.
If he said, hey /v/ what's a modernized overrated pile of shit FPS that fucking retards play, then the response would be, halo deserves a mention.
So fuck off back to /v/, troll.

>> No.415425
File: 1.69 MB, 1024x770, vymw0n[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>413693

All this game's hud is missing is a fingerless glove meter.

>> No.415501

hexen 2
serious sam
Daikatana
>>411348
weird unreal is my favorite old school shooter. it gets much better when you leave the mines the game has a almost backwards difficulty curve

>> No.415528

are my eyes playing tricks or has no one mentioned blood yet?

>> No.415524

Understand this about Perfect Dark and Goldeneye - you MUST play with the 1.2 control scheme. The default one makes aiming horrible.

And Turok 3 is a great shooter which often gets overlooked.

>> No.415540

i just realized no one has mentioned half-life

>> No.415563

91-93
| Blake Stone: Aliens Of Gold | Bram Stoker's Dracula | Catacomb Abyss, The / Catacomb Abyss 3D | Catacombs 3 / Catacomb 3-D: The Descent | Corporation | Curse of the Catacombs / Catacomb Apocalypse | Cybercon III | Deadline (cancelled) | Doom (: Evil Unleashed) | Freaks! | Hovertank 3D | In Extremis | Isle Of The Dead | Jurassic Park | Ken's Labyrinth (Walken) | Lethal Tender | Maze Wars | Midwinter II: Flames Of Freedom | ShadowCaster | Space Hulk | Spear Of Destiny | Terminator, The | Terror of the Catacombs / Catacomb Armageddon | Wolfenstein 3D

>> No.415576

>>415573
| 1001 Nights of Doom | Arcade Mania | Bad Toys 3D | Castaway: The Ordeal Begins | Complete Doom Accessory Pack Volume IV | Cybermage: Darklight Awakening | D-1000 Levels | D!Match | D!Zone 150 | D!Zone 2: for Doom & Doom 2 | D!Zone 3: for Doom & Doom 2 | D!Zone: for Doom & Doom2 | D!Zone2 150 | DeathDay Collection: for Doom 1 & 2 / Ultimate Add On, The: Collection For Doom | DeathMatch for Doom I & II | Deer Napped | Defcon 5 | Demon Gate: 666 New Levels for Doom 1 & 2 | Demon Gate: Mega Collection | Doom 2: The Master Levels | Doom Construction Kit | Doom Game Editor | Doom Hacker's Guide, The | Doom Heaven II | DOOM II Explosion | Doom II Mania !!! | Doom Mania !!! | Dungeons of Kremlin | Eternal Prison | Extreme Rise Of The Triad | Gore Galore: The Breakout | H.U.R.L. / Slob Zone 3D / Blob Schlammschlacht 3D | Heresies Developer's Network CD Occurrence III | Heretic: Magic & Mayhem | Hexen: Beyond Heretic | Home Edutainment Collection Volume 4, The | I.M. Meen | Immoral Cumbat | Industrial Killers | Lost Episodes Of Doom, The | Magic Carpet 2: The Netherworlds | Magic Carpet: Hidden Worlds / Magic Carpet: The Hidden Worlds | MegaDoom II | Mortal Coil: Adrenalin Intelligence | Nerves Of Steel | Old Gold 3D [Ru] | PCZone April 1995 Coverdisk: The Final Doom Showdown | Rebel Moon | Rise Of The Triad Site License | Rise Of The Triad: PowerPack | Rise of the Triad: The Hunt Begins - Deluxe Edition | Rolemaster: Magestorm / Magestorm Millennium | Skaphander: Der Auftrag / Virus Explosion | Space Station Escape | Star Wars: Dark Forces | Super Noah's Ark 3D | Supergames Volume 1 | Supergames Volume 2 | TekWar, William Shatner's | Terminator, The: Future Shock | Terror In Christmas Town | Thor's Hammer | Total Ruin | Tricks of the DOOM Gurus | Ultimate Add On Collection for Doom & Doom II, The | Ultimate Doom, The: Thy Flesh Consumed | Witchaven | Wrath Of Earth

>> No.415573

>>415563

| 4-Ever Doomed | Blake Stone 2: Planet Strike | Christmas Carnage / Xmas Carnage [G] | Complete Doom Accessory Pack Volume II, The | Complete Doom Accessory Pack Volume III, The | Complete Doom Accessory Pack, The | Corridor 7: Alien Invasion | CyClones | Depth Dwellers: The Quest | Doom + Accessories | Doom 2: Hell On Earth | Doom Extras | Doom: Companion CD-Rom / Doom Companion Edition | DoomWare Developers Network CD Occurence 1 | Fortress Of Dr. Radiaki, The | Heretic | Hidden Below, The (THB) | La Cosa Nostra | Lunicus | Magic Carpet | MegaDoom Adventures | Nitemare 3D | Operation Body Count | Red Babe | Rise Of The Triad: Dark War (Wolfenstein 3D: Part 2) | Robinson's Requiem | Rock'n Shaolin: Legend of the Seven Paladins (Chut Hup Ng Yee) / Euijeok: Im Kkeokjeong / Qi Xia Wu Yi 3D | Spear of Destiny Mission 2: Return to Danger | Spear of Destiny Mission 3: Ultimate Challenge | System Shock | Terminal Terror | Terminator, The: Rampage | Toom Parade, The | Troubled Tower | Wolfenstein 3D and Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold Companion Edition | Wolfenstein 3D Super Upgrades

>> No.415592

>>415576
96 part 1
| 3D Game Alchemy / Tricks of the DOOM Programming Gurus (2nd Edn) | 3D Hamster's Adventure | 3D Nightmares | Aftershock Toolbox for Quake | Alien Trilogy | Arcade Explosion | Arcade Explosion volume II | Ashes To Ashes: Feeding The Fires Of War | Assassin 2015 | Atomic Chill | Chex Quest | Chex Quest 2 | Chill Manor | Colosso Adventures, The | Continuum | Corridor 8: Galactic Wars (cancelled) | CyberDillo | Death Match: The Ultimate Game Player's Kit | DeathMatch 2 for Doom II | Deus | Doom 2: Hell To Pay | Doom 2: Perdition's Gate | Duke Nukem 3D | Duke Nukem 3D Addon Total Meltdown | Duke Nukem 3D Addon: Duke!Zone 500 | Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition / Plutonium Pack | Duke Nukem 3D Level Design Handbook | Duke Nukem 3D Screensaver & Entertainment Pack | Duke Nukem 3D Strategies & Secrets | Duke Nukem 3D: Total Chaos | Duracell: Run The Bunny | Eradicator | Escape POW | Fate (cancelled) | Final Doom | H!Zone: For Hexen and Heretic | Heretic: Shadow Of The Serpent Riders | Hexen MissionPack: Deathkings Of The Dark Citadel | In Pursuit Of Greed / Assassinators | Instant Doom Levels: Level Master II For Doom, Doom II, Heretic, Hexen | Island Peril | Josephine: Portrait of an Assassin | Killing Time | Marathon 2: Durandal | Master Won Liu 3D | Maximum Death For Heretic | Maze!, The | Nuke It! v2.0 | Powerslave (Ruins: Return of the Gods) / Exhumed | Q.... Das Nachbeben | Q2 for Quake | Qua.. it! Volume 1 / Quake It! | Quake | Quake 'em | Quake Addon: Aftershock | Quake Addon: Dark Hour | Quake Deathmatch Maker | Quake: Eternal Darkness | Realms Of The Haunting | Rex Blade: The Apocalypse / Domination | RoboQuest

>> No.415597

>>415592
96 part 2
| Rodger Ramrod | Santa Slayer | Secret Agent: The Escape | Space Hulk 2: Vengeance Of The Blood Angels | Strife: Quest For The Sigil | Super Duke Volume 2 | Superdead | Terminator, The: SkyNet | Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri (Free Fall) | Transland | Westworld 2000 | Witchaven 2: Blood Vengeance | XS: Shield Up Fight Back | ZPC (Zero Population Count): No Flesh Shall Be Spared

>> No.415607

>>415598
| Aliens Online | Blood 2: The Chosen | Blood: One Whole Unit | Bobenstein 3D | Damage Incorporated: Never Cry Submission | Delta Force | Emissary (cancelled) | Eternal Destiny | Extreme PaintBrawl | Half-Life | Half-Life: Counter-Strike | Half-Life: Team Fortress Classic | Hexen 2: Portal Of Praevus | Jedi Knight MissionPack: Mysteries Of The Sith | Liquidator | Mr. Pibb: The 3D Interactive Game | NAM (Napalm) | Osarium | Pyl (The Dust) [PL] | Qoole for Quake II, Quake & Hexen II | Quake 2 Addon: Zaero | Quake 2 MissionPack 1: The Reckoning | Quake 2 MissionPack 2: Ground Zero | Quake 2 Netpack: Extremities | Quake 2 Total Conversion: Juggernaut - The New Story For Quake 2 | Quake 2: Complete Gamer Add-on | Quake 2: Deathmatch Maker II | Quake 2: Total Destruction (Toolkit for Quake 2) | Quake 2: Unseen (cancelled) | Quake: Abyss Of Pandemonium | Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's | Redneck Rampage Addon: So You Wanna Be A Redneck | Redneck Rampage Rides Again: Arkansas | Sin | Spec Ops MissionPack: Ranger Team Bravo | Spec Ops: Rangers Lead The Way / Spec Ops: Ranger Assault | Star Trek: Klingon Honor Guard | Starsiege: Tribes | Sword Of Ares, The | Target [PL] | Thief: The Dark Project / Dark Project: Der Meisterdieb (The Dark) | Trespasser: Jurassic Park | Twin Dragon | Unreal | Unreal Add-on CD "Complete Gamer Unreal Issue" | Unreal Add-on CD "fUnReal" | Unreal Add-on CD "PC Games" | Unreal: Creative AddOn | Unreal: Not Real | Unreal: Official Strategy Guide GW Press Addons | Unreal: S3 Gallery Beta 2 | Unreal: Special Edition | Unreal: The Real Add-On | Unreality: Das Ultimative Tool & Level Addon Fur Unreal | Unreality: Expansion Set | Varginha Incident, The / Alien Anarchy / Alien Shootout | Vigilance | Z.A.R. (Zone of Artificial Resources)

>> No.415598

>>415597
| Alien Cabal | Amulets & Armor | Angst: Rahz's Revenge | Blood (Horror 3D) | Blood Addon: Cryptic Passage | Blood: Plasma Pak | Chasm: The Rift | Codename Tenka / LifeForce Tenka | Defiance | Despair Trilogy | Duke - It's Zero Hour | Duke 3D Mania | Duke Assault | Duke Caribbean: Life's A Beach | Duke It Out In D.C. | Duke Nukem: Kill-A-Ton Collection | Duke Screw 'Em 38D | Duke Xtreme | Duke: Nuclear Winter | Duke!Zone 2 | Forbes Corporate Warrior | HACX | Hexen 2: The Beginning Of The End | Hexmaker For Hexen II | Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 | Last Rites | LevelPack 14: Additions for Shadow Warrior | MadSpace | Nuke It! 1000 | Operation Omega | Outlaws | Outlaws MP: Handful Of Missions | PCZone March 1997 Coverdisk: Over 500 Quake Levels & Utilities plus Over 500 Duke Levels | Q!Zone | Quake 2 | Quake Level Design Handbook | Quake Level Master V | Quake MissionPack 1: Scourge Of Armagon (The Rift) | Quake MissionPack 2: Dissolution Of Eternity | Quake Total Conversion: Malice | Quake Total Conversion: Shrak | Quake Total Conversion: X-Men - The Ravages Of Apocalypse | Quake: Future vs Fantasy | Quiver | Rebel Moon Rising | Redneck Rampage | Redneck Rampage MissionPack: Suckin' Grits On Route 66 | Redneck Rampage: Cusspack | Revenge of Dr. Chang 3D | Shadow Warrior (Ninja Master) | Smuta (Distemper) | Thanatos 3D: The Challenge / Army Of The Night | Tremor for Quake | Turok: The Dinosaur Hunter

>> No.415617

>>415607
| Aliens Versus Predator | Blood 2 MissionPack: The Nightmare Levels | Codename Eagle | Dawn Of Darkness | Deadlode II | Delta Force 2 | Disposable Heroes | Exploding Lips | Extreme PaintBrawl 2 | Half-Life MissionPack: Opposing Force | Half-Life: Further Data V.1 & V.2 | Hidden & Dangerous MissionPack: Fight For Freedom / Devil's Bridge | Hidden & Dangerous | Kingpin: Life Of Crime | Mortyr: 2093 - 1944 | Nerf Arena Blast | Nutcracker | Quake 2 Anthology | Quake 2 TC - Infinity: The Kai'Ren Threat (cancelled) | Quake 2: Fanatic's Complete Set | Quake 2: Oblivion | Quake 3 Arena | Quake World | Quake World 3 | Rainbow Six 2: Rogue Spear | Rainbow Six MissionPack: Eagle Watch | Raising Dead | Rebel Moon Revolution (cancelled) | Redline: Gang Warfare 2066 | Requiem: Avenging Angel (Wrath Of The Fallen) | Saints Of Virtue | Sin MissionPack: Wages Of Sin | Skout | South Park | Spec Ops 2: US Army Green Berets | Spellbinder: The Nexus Conflict | SWAT 3: Close Quarters Battle | System Shock 2 | Thief Gold | Turok 2: Seeds Of Evil | Unreal Add-on CD "Unreal World" | Unreal MissionPack: Return To Na Pali | Unreal Tournament | Unreal: Fusion Map Pack | War in Heaven, The | Wheel Of Time, The | WW 2 GI | Z.A.R. MissionPack

>> No.415840

>>415425
>that radar

lo'ld in my britches

>> No.415856

>>415528
very first post, but thanks anyway. great game!

>> No.416034

An easy to overlook investment-grade cart/shooter would be turok rage wars v1.1

It's not terribly rare (you could mail a black cart to Acclaim and get a new one), but it is an amazing shooter that has a decent bit of rarity behind it already.

>> No.416349 [DELETED] 

>>416034
Really? That's great! I just picked this up the other day along with Turok 1 & 2 from this local store I found out existed. You sure it's rare?

I've yet to play the games yet but I plan to. Also will probably buy turok 3.

Oh and I got rage wars for $4 along with the other two, 4 a piece.

>> No.416363 [DELETED] 

>>416349
Actually woops, read your post wrong.

Anyways, still glad to hear it's got feedback. The turok series is on my to play list. It's one of those series I always heard of but never played.

Played lots of perfect dark and goldeneye

>> No.416386

>>416034
Er deleted my responses real quick because it was a mess. Anyways, Yeah I haven't played turok yet, but just last week I picked up Turok 1 & 2 and Rage wars.

Still need Turok 3. Got those games for $4 a piece though.

>> No.417116

>>416363
It like other console shooters was overrated, very overrated. They have PC ports of them. It's pretty bad.