[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 84 KB, 1017x1024, Mortal_Kombat_Logo.svg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4037384 No.4037384 [Reply] [Original]

ITT, post games/series you like that everyone else seems to hate.

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 was my favorite fighting game as a kid, way better than more "serious" fighting games like Street Fighter 2 or Fatal Fury/KOF/Garou/whatever. I'd never play MK competitively or anything but it's just fun as hell. Raiden was my main. UT-SAMAGAMAHAAAA!

>> No.4037394

>>4037384
I always thought I had weird taste til I came to 4chan. Thinking Links Awakening is the best Zelda, for example, is at least somewhat mainstream here.

>> No.4037507

>>4037394
I've never seen anyone say LA was the best. It's always one big OoT/LttP circlejerk.

>> No.4037514

>>4037384
I played the hell out of UMK3 on my Genesis, at the time I hadn't played any fighting game with that much content. Its great.

I think people are turning around on MK, partially because of the new games but I'm seeing more people look back on the 2d ones more fondly.

>> No.4037529

Ultimate MK3 on the Mega Drive was a great game. I bought it when it came out and played the shit out of it.

>> No.4037548

>"serious" fighting games
What do you mean?
As a kid I loved the MK games, over time though I realized their gameplay is very clunky, I know some people like it, that's fine, I'd rather play other fighters. I can still play a few matches in MK2 or 3 and have fun, but my love for the game as a kid was due to the atmosphere and the fatalities, not the gameplay. Nowadays I prefer to play Killer Instinct.

>> No.4037550

MGS

>> No.4039314

I always loved the original Killer Instinct. Yeah it was totally "NOT MK YOU GUISE" but it was still fun.