[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 50 KB, 629x473, the-antisocial-stance.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3987113 No.3987113 [Reply] [Original]

I tried to pick up the cigarette the wrong way and there was like a 1 second window to do it so now I am on Wednesday with absolutely nothing else to do (besides showing the cigarette to SID like a guide says) am I fucked? It is a Sierra game so I think I'm soft locked but I don't wanna do that all over again.

>> No.3987135

>>3987113
You can't overwrite your saves in those Sierra games. Probably best not to in Lucasarts or really in any P&C, You'd be surprised how quickly you can get back to where you were once you know exactly what to do though.

>> No.3987138

>>3987135

Guess I better get that cigarette. I kind of forgot how insane Sierra games are, other P&C games at the time were fairly reasonable so I don't understand it.

>> No.3987145
File: 15 KB, 320x200, 872161-elvira_mistress_of_the_dark_demo_2[1].gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3987138
They took the longest to get rid of the dead ends I guess they thought they knew best. I kind of like it from a "hardcore gamer" perspective but they could at least have the decency to kill you so you know you fucked up.

>> No.3987335

>that vine thing in space quest 2
>navigating the whale's tongue in king's quest 4 only to have to know the word uvula
>getting dead for staying on the ship too long in leisure suit larry 2
I loved these games but I think they gave me PTSD

>> No.3987512

>>3987145
>a "hardcore gamer" perspective
This shit was their whole design philosophy. There's no fun if there's no "challenge" and there's no "challenge" if there isn't a constant chance of dead man walking syndrome. What LucasArts made couldn't really even be considered games! Git gud scrublords

I have no problem with all the deaths though. They were ofte funny to trigger and you knew to just reload.

>> No.3987847

>>3987335
>getting dead for doing anything too long in larry 2
The global timer on that game is such bullshit.