[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 290 KB, 950x1359, IMG_0529.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3723391 No.3723391 [Reply] [Original]

Gamer feels thread.

Born in 76' so I spent my young and influential years in arcades. Back then if you could do something on a cabinet that others couldn't do you were a fucking god. There was always Aladdins Castle at Fayette mall (Kentucky) and Lexington mall and there was a place called the Dream Machine in Turfland mall. The Dream machine was like another world. All the newest biggest games came there. Dragons lair, Space ace, etc. they're all gone now but you. An google those names and malls and find pics. I collect the gold tokens from those places because the memories of those games are so dear. What I miss most are the sounds, tho. Sometimes when I feel nostalgic I go on YouTube and open twenty tabs. I'll find the videos of 20 games with the most distinctive noises pacman, donkey kong, tempest, and set the volumes of each one in a cascading order to give the illusion of proximity. I open each tab and let them all play at the same time. If you close your eyes and listen, you almost feel like you're standing in gaming heaven. Those were simpler times. There's a video on YouTube I visit every few months or so and it almost recreates the aesthetics.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1YE4S5i6atY [Open]
I get more sentimental about it than most movies. On another note, my dad brought home the first Atari 2600 in the neighborhood in 1981 and pacman sucked ass on it. The first cartridge I was ever allowed to pick out for myself was Legend of Zelda. I picked it because it was the only gold cartridge.
Pic related: Oddly enough, someone made a small comic about the same thing I remember feeling the same way about checking repeatedly to make sure it was still there and that it wasn't a dream. It could damn well have been autobiographical.

>> No.3723413

Same except my earliest cabinet experiences were at the grocery store where there were only 2. I wasn't allowed to hang out in the arcade until I was maybe 8 and I had already had a 2600 for a couple years by that point. I couldn't afford to play half-dollar munching games like Dragon's Lair very much and never even got to see any teens beat it. First game I got to pick out was Keystone Kapers and that game was the bomb. I might not have gotten an NES for a really long time after my friends with less cheap parents except I found a $50 bill in the mall parking lot and they promised if I could resist the urge to spend it until Christmas they'd cover the gap to get me one (action set was down to about $110 then iirc). Kismet. I decided to just hand it over to them to hold onto. Then a few years later I lost another $50 bill they gave me to walk to the store and buy some stuff with. Felt shitty, Man but ultimately worked out in my favor since they didn't sell my NES or anything to recoup it lol.

>> No.3723414

>>3723391
>Single white mom
>Takes the kid to junk food place
>spoils kid with videogames
>Doesn't even check if the kids picks something degenerate or violent

Women were a mistake.

>> No.3723429

>>3723414
lol my mom was the hypervigilant one about that with a relatively low opinion of video games - she tried playing Pac-Man after we got our 2600 and it gave her an anxiety attack after which she never played a video game again, probably 34 years now or so. She always subtly gave me shit for being a gamer the whole time too, and now subtly gives me shit for turning my son into a gamer. She always wanted me to be better than other kids and put that shit too deep in my brain that it's never going to fully come out even though for many years it stood in the way of me getting what I really wanted, to be accepted. Of course I also went to an elementary school with a bunch of rich snobs who had that superior attitude too and I learned to act superior to them based on being bigger and smarter too.

Fuck why is this feels thread actually getting me to share feels? What a faggot, Me.

>> No.3723452

Why are overly sentimental numales so attached to the Zelda series?

>> No.3723484

>>3723452
Because it's a fun and very influential series. It might also be because it's the first home console game they played. I know Wind Waker was my first game when I was around 5 years old.

>> No.3723487

>>3723484
you have to be .. fuck

>> No.3723489

>>3723452
It's a big game

>> No.3723498
File: 60 KB, 550x366, 46073.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3723484
What the fuuuuuuuuuck

>> No.3723515
File: 16 KB, 330x199, nintendo_documentation_players_guide[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3723487
>>3723498
You came in to poke fun at the young gamers for their feels then their very youth gave you feels. It truly is a feels for all feels thread. lol.

OP is actually a year older than even me (Babbage's Guy) yet he even has a special focus on Zelda since he didn't get to pick his own games until he was 10 for some reason (unless he's Japanese I guess?) but for the sake of theme allow me to share my Zelda related feels

>Be 10
>Be arcade influenced
>Make mistake of getting Renegade as my first game (confused with RCR)
>Stomp it back to front anyway
>Get Ghosts n' Goblins
>Fuck Renegade
>Trade for Zelda
>Has manual, which guides enough to hook
>Read the bible, pic related at school (some rich kid's copy)
>Eventually slog through the first quest
>There's a whole second quest that's harder with different puzzles? NOPE
>Trade back
>Get Metroid
>Prefer it

>> No.3723531

>be 8 or so
>playing my PSX games
>I have literally played through every game I had
>I'm bored of them because I played them all through (or at least I thought I did, I'm pretty sure I had a couple I didn't 100%)
>dad brings out his 2600 from when he was a 20-something year old
>shows me all the games he had with emotion (could'be easily been an early /vr/ collection, there were like 20 cartridged in that box)
>we play them all night
>I'd never seen him so nostalgic
>some years later we're moving and my mother lost them
I'm pretty sure he's still bitter about losing that collection. I still have the atari but I lost the power supply, controllers, and I only have the Venture cartridge.

>> No.3723540

>Southern Europe, a small city along the coast
>Born in '79
>See the first videogame around 1983 or 1984, it was Jungle Hunt, never played it
>Cafès start having arcade cabinets
>I remember vividly the first football (soccer) cabinet table-shaped with two trackballs to control the players, but can't use them because my tiny fingers felt in the little space between the trackball and the border
>Older brother brought me, he played games and I was watching since I wasn't really interested into playing them at the time
>He starts letting me play as 2nd player in Bubble Bobble
>Even if I did suck and keep dying he used all the coins our parents gave to us to let me continue
>Couple of years later he received The Commodore64
>We played tons of games together, our personal fave is still Bubble Bobble
>We did hanging out at local arcade, witnessing the first arrival in town of Out Run cabinet, even adults were surprised by it
>Around that time brother fell from a terrace, dying
>Stopped playing games for years, until university, when I started again with my roomate's Playstation
>Years passed, got married, my daughter was born, we decided to gave her the female version of my brother's name
>She loves to play games
>One day she finds the Wiiware with Bubble Bobble Plus on our Wii I've installed times before
>"Dad, this game is good, join me"
>Took the blue dragon again

>> No.3723543

>>3723515
>>3723391

woah we have 2 grampas in the board now.

I think I prefer OP to babbage gramps though.

>> No.3723554 [DELETED] 

>>3723531
Talk to him about it, get a list even if it's partial and buy a cart lot that mostly covers it and expands it. Splice up a power supply for like $1 and an old broken pair of headphones and buy an Atari Flashback 2 joystick - recognize by pic related, stick unscrews instead of being inside a rubber sleeve. This is like a $40 gift that you'll wish you got for your dad while he was still around. Trust me.

>> No.3723571
File: 73 KB, 250x226, faq_controller_atari_flashback2[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3723531
Talk to him about it, get a list even if it's partial and buy a cart lot that mostly covers it and expands it. Splice up a power supply for like $1 and an old broken pair of headphones and buy an Atari Flashback 2 joystick - recognize by pic related, stick unscrews instead of being inside a rubber sleeve. This is like a $40 gift that you'll wish you got for your dad while he was still around. Trust me.

>>3723543
Yeah I'm kind of a dick and former partier which seems to tip some fedoras these days. See I'm allowed to say that since I've been wearing them since the 90s and continue to successfully pull them off ironically. Seriously though 20s foreveralones should really get out and party even just as a spectator.

>> No.3723583

>>3723571
>partier
>wearing fedoras ironically
>foreveralones

kek, not saying I don't like you, baggage gramps, you're still funny.

>> No.3723595

>>3723391
Damn they look really cold, she should get the kid a face-covering parka.

>> No.3723607
File: 194 KB, 600x800, 857125_orig[2].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3723583
Do the kids not say foreveralone anymore? It seems like there's some kind of hikikomori phenomenon going on lately where they take more pride in it? I dunno. I can tell you that party-nerds got increasingly nastier during the '00s for sure before I settled down after 2/3 of my family died at the end of that decade. Thanks, Obama!

>> No.3723616

>>3723571
>Splice up a power supply for like $1 and an old broken pair of headphones
I actually tried to, but either I'm not as good on cables as I'm supposed to be or the Atari is also fucked, because it didn't work. Either way, I've got my RasPi set up for him with old games ranging from Atari 2600 to SNES and he claims to be happy with it. If I ever come across another 9V PSU that I can chop up I'll definitely try again though.

>> No.3723628

>>3723607

Forever alone stopped being used in like 2010.
Also, as "geekiness" becomes more and more mainstream, it's not weird to see boys and girls partying out with Zelda t-shirts and stuff.
A few years ago I went to a psytrance party and there were some girls wearing Mario mushroom hats.
video game iconography is pretty popular with parties and drugs, especially Mario because lmao dude shrooms.

>> No.3723632

>>3723616
Make sure the amperage is adequate although I can't imagine the 2600 drawing more than 0.5. Maybe I'm overestimating 70s electronics efficiency though seems like they do get a little warm now that I think about it. You can check the console by opening it up and twisting the wires onto the jack's legs or touching them to the pads to check for a broken solder joint that's real easy to fix. VCS is still a console that's amazingly cheap to casually collect on.

I used to recommend Genesis for emukiddies that really need to get at least one actual console and CRT if only to experience the texture but Genesis prices have been steadily creeping up. Still probably a better bargain with a flashcart since Harmony carts are pricier than EDMDs and the library is better even age-adjusted especially with Master System backward compatibility.

>> No.3723649

>>3723632
The PSU was .9 I think so it should've been enough.

I do have a couple retro consoles he uses, mainly SNES and PSX but for some reason he loves the shitty old Famiclones. Won't go near the american NES but the Gameis PC-shaped famiclone is like a trip down memory-lane for him. Understandable since when famiclones showed up around here, my sister was a little kid and they played together. He's playing less and less retro games nowadays though, he's really immersed in racing games for PC like F1 2016 and Dirt Rally. I've been thinking of getting him a steering wheel for PSX but customs is fucking shit in my country. Not that they'll tax the fuck out of you, the retards don't even steal them. They full on lose them. A friend of mine used to work there and told me they'd honest to god lose packages daily.

>> No.3723652
File: 84 KB, 750x563, 15259054_1148139221888490_866546206434656256_n[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3723628
Yeah, that mushroom phenomenon was in full swing even in the '00s thanks to Hot Topic. You could still get respect by putting those people on the spot like "Quick, what stage can you do the 1-up trick on in SMB1?" while now I'm sure they'd be all like "lolidk I haven't played that since I was like 5" meanwhile the phenomenon I was more referring to from back then with the real gamers social groups getting nastier naturally evolved into the bro-tier of AAA online gaming cliques that I guess the "heart of gold" nerds have to deal with these days. It's understandable why they don't venture too deeply into local communities. It's a jungle out there.

>> No.3723663

>>3723649
Man that sucks. Here in the US you literally can't walk through a thrift store without tripping over a shitty playstation steering wheel and everybody with a collection has at least one they think about getting rid of all the time because they're dust magnets. I should really get a box for my MC2 Universal. If you have access to cheap used phones there you might think about hooking him up with a poverty-tier Trinus VR headset. Racing games are some of the best low-demand low-budget immersive VR games because you sit when you drive anyway right?

>> No.3723672

>>3723663
He already has a Samsung A something with a headset. He absolutely despises headsets though. He says if he's playing something that covers his whole view he might as well go back to racing.

>> No.3723701

>>3723484
RREEEEEE GIVE ME MY CHILDHOOD BACK FAGGOOTT.

>> No.3723750
File: 108 KB, 625x501, IMG_0480.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP here. I was searching through a box and found my collection of arcade tokens. They were abbot corroded so I pilot them in bowl of soapy water and when I'm done cleaning them off I'll post a pic.

>> No.3723771

My feels are more about when my parents would still play video games with me. I remember being 4 or 5 and playing rocket knight adventures. My mom got it for herself but we would take turns playing it. Of course me being 5 i never got too far but I like the way the game looked and the characters.

It's a mediocre and short game but it's still one of my favorite games.

>> No.3723791

>>3723672
VR is a lot cheaper than actual racing but yeah I wouldn't be surprised if playing the games didn't lead to him picking up a cart or a dirt track shell or whatever the cheapest racing toy in your area is.

>>3723750
All the arcades in my town when I was a kid took quarters so I don't have the same associations although I do have probably too many cabinets. One thing I really like to mess around with as it's small and fits in the heated parts of our home is my pachinko machine. I wish there existed a token credit/payout attachment for it like a slot machine has but in Japanese arcades they used smart cards for the credits and they just cashed in the balls themselves for the payouts.I do have a few balls that are etched with neat Japanese arcade names though. They're rusty ones that were stuck inside a 80s machine I bought at a yard sale for $5 that I would hesitate to put in my good machine too I dunno what to do with them.

>> No.3723796

>>3723652
hey you know what's cool

abstinence :)

>> No.3723808
File: 1.85 MB, 3264x2448, IMG_20170107_163435.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3723796
Maybe for girls

Anyway I took a couple pics of my rusty balls. For posterity before I lose them.

>> No.3723809
File: 2.16 MB, 3264x2448, IMG_20170107_163517.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3723808

>> No.3723824

>>3723808
you're not supposed to take those out of the store man

>> No.3723845 [DELETED] 

>>3723414
>degenerate or violent
>violent

what the fuck is wrong with you, you "traditionalist" pussy. The entire argument against men being raised by women rests on this pussy fucking attitude of sheltering kids from the harsh realities of the outside world.

It's so obvious you've never even been around actual men for any period of time.

>> No.3723912

>>3723808
>Maybe for girls
i'm not a girl

I do it because I care about feelings

>> No.3723939
File: 85 KB, 1920x1080, reddit_upload.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3723912
>care about feelings
Me too, how about feeling deez nutz?

>> No.3723989
File: 1.42 MB, 3264x1836, grendel dark.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3723824
Like I said they were trapped in the chutes of an 80s style pachi that had been hanging on some filthy casual's wall as industrial/eastern art for God knows how long before it made it's way to his garage for some additional indeterminate amount of time before I came along and slipped him a fin. I heard 'em in there so I popped it open to get them out enough to confirm it was just them not broken mechanisms before I discovered there was a family of creepy tiny garage spiders living in it too so it's been sitting in my basement to allow time for my spindly basement spiders I'm desensitized to to wipe them out. You can see it leaned up on the right in this pic under the plasma. It's probably been long enough.

>>3723912
Whether you like it or not, a guy is not allowed to have feelings for a girl until he's "gone there" with her physically. Please make a note of it.

>> No.3724016
File: 22 KB, 410x307, PIC0004.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3723989

Looks like a goth club I used to frequent.

>> No.3724054
File: 80 KB, 500x403, tumblr_n3pqgqnIWL1tuf9e4o1_500[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3724016
Thanks!

>> No.3724406

>>3723452
Maybe after Ocarina. The first two (if you consider the Second Quest) were tough as nails.

>> No.3724618
File: 3.09 MB, 3264x2448, IMG_0534.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3723750
I got them mostly clean.

>> No.3724640
File: 34 KB, 167x100, 1512.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3723391
I remember wanting a Wii badly when I was a kid. I told my mom I wanted one and when we went to pick one up it was too expensive, so I got a Genesis instead.

Sometimes I still wish I had gotten my Wii, but I don't regret the Genesis tbqh. There's also the memory of playing Genesis games on an emulator on my Windows 95 PC that an uncle built for me.

Or how excited I was when I bought my first videogame (Age of Empires) I remember I told everyone at school lmao.

>> No.3724695

>>3723989
>Whether you like it or not, a guy is not allowed to have feelings for a girl until he's "gone there" with her physically. Please make a note of it.
I don't see how sex has anything at all to do with feelings. It's because of that that I won't have it unless feelings are involved, and having feelings because of it is completely ridiculous.

>> No.3724707 [DELETED] 

>>3723414
Reminder, /pol/tard, if you blow your brains out you'll finally be free of all the evil degenerates!

>> No.3724713

>>3724707
What if we blow your brains out?

>> No.3724728

>>3723489
for you

>> No.3724764

>>3724640
>Wanting a Wii
>When you were a kid
Fuck. I'm old now.

>> No.3724791
File: 55 KB, 640x852, Legend_18CD.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I think it was Christmas '94, so I was 5, when this takes place.

My parents got pic related(may have been a 10CD) for the family. My mom, as a gift to my dad, got him Warcraft: Orcs & Humans. I tore through all my gifts and played with them for a little bit but ended up just pulling a chair up next to my dad to watch him play. I sat there all Christmas day watching him play. I don't know why that memory is so vivid to me. It could be because that was the last Christmas I remember that didn't involve my family fighting and maybe I feel like it was a perfect Christmas.

My dad and I didn't really get close until 2-3 years before his death but we would always bond over Warcraft. Watching him play got me hooked and from the age of 5 till now, I still play Warcraft(WoW off and on now but I play through WC3 every now and then). It's just always sentimental to me to think that this hobby(vidya and Warcraft) I love got started because my brother and dad. Every time I play a game its just a reminder of a imprint they've left on my life.

I'm kind of tearing up right now because I'm holding my 3 week old wiggle worm child in my arms right now. I'm excited and sad all at once. Excited because I may get to have the same imprint on him and he can grow up loving vidya like I did, Yet I'm sad because I long for those days of youth and those precious moments I got to spend with him.

Sorry for the word vomit but this moment I'm in has got me incredibly sentimental.

>> No.3724796

>>3724640
>wanting a Wii
>got a Genesis

Wait what?

>> No.3724801

>>3724764
To be fair by "when I was a kid" i'm talking 11-12 yo.

>>3724791
I have very vivid memories of playing Warcraft as a kid too, I think I was scared because the fog of war making everything just pitch black frightened me.

Also that was a very qt post.

>>3724796
South America.

>> No.3724812

>>3724801
ahhh that makes sense now. I remember wanting a Genesis when the PSX first came out and my brother convincing me to get the Playstation.

I'm also >>3724791 . I remember thinking the knights were so bad ass with there mace. I loved the orc buildings. I was just so enthralled with the game. When I replay it, I find myself still getting enthralled by it.

Vidya has been a huge part of my life and a lot of my memories are based around it.

>> No.3724827

>>3724618
>Aladdin's Castle
>Those Namco coins
Fuuuuuck man. I miss seeing these. I used to have a collection of those until I misplaced them moving out of my parents house.
I think my biggest feels for old nostalgic memories was when I would play F-Zero on SNES when it was snowing.
Or throwing a sleepover and busting out some Smash, Mario Kart, or Goldeneye. I can't tell you how many times me and my group of friends would walk down the block to the gas station and blow my allowance on junk food for those all-night gaming sessions.

>> No.3724828

>>3724812
For you it was kind of the opossite then. You got the kewlest one.

At least for a kid, when you are still thinking "oh man this thing is NEW, it must be BETTER".

>> No.3724840

>>3724812
meh. I loved the genesis. We used to rent one from our local movie rental place. Man I love those times.

>> No.3724878
File: 133 KB, 540x728, 1475391510508.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Wow, some of the feels in this thread. I grew up on the NES. Despite my parents not caring too much for the hobby, they'd still buy games for birthdays/Christmas. Some of my fonder memories involve opening The Legend of Zelda on one of my birthdays and just sitting and playing it for hours while it snowed heavily outside.
As I grew up, I continued to play on the SNES and then the N64. I still remember those sleepovers we'd have at each others' houses starting Friday after school, playing Goldeneye or whatever into the early morning on Saturday. Then waking up several hours later to do it all again through Saturday and going home either Saturday evening or the Sunday morning. I honestly miss those days. Sitting in the same room with a bunch of your friends, switching off the controllers every round or so. The raw palms from Mario Party. I still have the systems, games, and controllers, but now as an adult, I don't have anyone to play with. We all live in different cities, have jobs, many have families of their own. Although online gaming is certainly a thing, it still doesn't have the same feeling of being in the same room together, all playing on the same system and TV. I wish for those days again...

>> No.3724887

>>3724878
You should use the holidays as an excuse to meet up and rock up.

That is, if your friends still enjoy playing games.

>> No.3724892
File: 45 KB, 500x281, unknown-resized-600.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3724878

>> No.3724897

>>3724878
My only solace from that is that all of my friends have PS4s so we can chat every weekend and sometimes play some games online.

>> No.3724908
File: 59 KB, 500x150, thecontestantsonnickelodeonarcade.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3724887
I'll suggest next time I talk to any of them, but I honestly don't think too many would go for it.

One of my other fond memories was playing Star Tropics and actually taking the letter from the uncle to the sink and actually running water over it, only to find that it did reveal the code for the submarine. I was fucking amazed and ecstatic as a kid for "discovering" that. It was a simpler time and very much so pre-Internet as we know it today.

I also forgot to add that several of you are making me feel terribly old. Playing Wind Waker when you were 5? It was only...fuck me ...almost 15 years ago. Its like listening to the radio these days, all the songs I grew up listening to are now on the "classic" stations. 1994 was only...again fuck me ...23 years ago. Getting older sucks.

>> No.3724927

>>3724897
Even if they were near that's all you could do since consoles are lacking in the splitscreen gaming side these days.

>>3724908
How old are you?

>> No.3724937

>>3723391
That reeks of a comic drawn by a manchild.

>> No.3724938

>>3724927
Only 32. Still feels older than it sounds at first.

>> No.3725153
File: 2.77 MB, 287x191, 1,44 mb of feels.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be kid
>think how great it would be to stay home all day and do nothing but play vidya

>20 years later
>haven't left the house in years
>no friends
>no gf, ever
>no social life
>no school, work etc. no reason to leave the house
>have nothing else to do but play video games
>I'm tired of video games

>> No.3725179
File: 29 KB, 384x288, 1241900958186.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3724937
>tfw that manchild still probably score some geek pussy and you're still a virgin

>> No.3725215

>>3723543
>Granpa
>>>/v/
Seriously, people being in their 30s are "grandpas" on the internet is a weak meme. Most of the content created in the 90s interwebz were created or sourced from "grandpas" from the BBS age.

I'm a "grandpa" who was born in the early 80s.I used gamefaqs which was created by people older than me.

>> No.3725216

>>3725215
>30s

OP and babbage gramps are in their 40s

>> No.3725226

>>3725179
It's ok, as long as you have a real job and healthcare n sheit you'll have the last laugh.

>> No.3725230

>>3725153
Where does your income come from?

>> No.3725243

>>3725216
>40
>that much older than 30

Nice try, underaged b&

>> No.3725250

>>3725230
I live with my parents.

>> No.3725251

>>3725243
What do you mean? It's a decade. It's as much old as 30 is to 20.

>> No.3725253

>>3724908
How many of them have families? That usually changes a lot of priorities.

I still love coming to this board for these ol' timey nostalgia feels, even though I rarely play video games now, myself. Maybe Ill support a cool looking indie game or play an emulator for a few hours a week, but work and trying to start my career has eaten up most of my hours, on top of that what I do is mentally exhausting and enjoyable so when I get home I usually veg out on movies.

But overall, I probably spent less than 50 dollars on games all last year.

sorry for my blog post...

>> No.3725254

>>3725251
>a decade is a long time

Shit kid, finish highschool first.

>> No.3725257

>>3725254
you're dense. anyway I'm not saying it's wrong that dudes in their 40s browse this board, in fact it's cool.
I was just correcting you that the people addressed on that post weren't in their 30s.
Capisce?

>> No.3725273

>>3725251
OP is just 6 years older than me, and I'm in 30s. Do you math???

>> No.3725763
File: 48 KB, 480x640, babbages002[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3724695
>I don't see how sex has anything at all to do with feelings
Well then you're fucking deaf, blind or dumb. Whether you like it or not there are social mores that you would be wise to follow. People, especially her will know you're a fool if you have feelings for a girl and give her emotional validation without her reciprocating with the physical validation that you as a man need and have every right to want. You can make life hard for yourself by ignoring social mores (and biological imperatives) if you want but you will be sacrificing your own personal happiness to advance women's control of the world. I understand, believe me. I grew up as a romantic and even kind of a feminist until I really got to really know women and believe me they shouldn't make all the decisions. But now I'm digressing into a whole 'nother Anonymous persona of mine so yeah. tl;dr you're dumb

>>3725216
>>3725257
I literally have just a few hours left of being in my 30s

>>3725251
Things are much more different for me now from when I was 30 than they were then from when I was 20. In fact, my entire 20s were pretty consistent of me socializing, doing spurts of college and hustling. Finding myself and working on understanding the "real world". Around 30 I got /fit/ and started to put real focus on making getting the life I wanted for myself and now I have it.

>> No.3726213
File: 14 KB, 225x237, gayhipster.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3724937
>manchild
Actually a gay hipster but close enough

>> No.3726339

>>3726213
He seems okay. Beard not excessively shaggy, homosexuality not aggressively overstated

>> No.3726348

>>3723391
Why did you copy-paste this from >>3723283

>> No.3726375

>>3723429
What about Pac-Man could possibly give someone a panic attack? Was it just because of how shitty a port the 2600 version was?

>>3723531
Your mom probably lost them on purpose. My mother-in-law "lost" her daughter-in-law's mother's ashes once (never recovered)

>>3723540
Nice story anon, what's your daughter's name if you don't mind? I just bought Bubble Bobble so I'm pretty excited.

>>3724618
Thanks for sharing, oldfag.

>>3724791
Thanks for sharing.

>>3724878
This
>>3724887
You never know, they might be just as raring to play as you are. Doesn't hurt to ask

>> No.3726420

>>3723391
>pacman sucked ass on it
>>3726375

>shitty a port the 2600 version

Pacman on 2600 is the first video game I played (or at least remember playing). It's not a good port, but it's nowhere near as horrible as it's reputation suggests.

>> No.3726442

>>3726375
The ghosts chase you and close in on you

>> No.3726675

>>3725153
>>3725250

Get a job, they're going to kick you out at some point if ya don't.

>> No.3726965

>>3724937
*this comic reeks of a 25-30 year old male who lives in LA who makes a living by ebegging on patreon and twitter who isn't actually talented and has very basic drawing skills but overcomes his lack of talent by saying he has "a rough artstyle" and paints red blobs on his characters noses to try and make it unique in some way even though that's what every entry level hack artist with a tumblr uses to try and make their art unique, therefore making it typical run of the mill "relatable" webcomic tier art

FTFY

>> No.3726967

>>3726965
How much were you shaking when you typed that out?

>> No.3727416

>>3726967
He's from /co/, ignore him.
Or post Penny Arcade strips that should trigger him good

>> No.3727439

>>3726375
>what's your daughter's name if you don't mind?
This thread just took a horrifying turn.

>> No.3727445

>>3723391
All this comic illustrates is how stupid and impressionable kids are. He had decided the game was extra special sitting in the restaurant before he even played it.

>> No.3727448

>>3723989
>Whether you like it or not, a guy is not allowed to have feelings for a girl until he's "gone there" with her physically. Please make a note of it.

Is this what kids in 2017 really think now? That's utterly retarded.

>> No.3727458

>>3727439
lol I think Anon was just trying to tune in a little bit tighter on the "playing 2p for your daughter who's named after your dead big brother in the same game he turned you onto gaming with" feels. For me though, it's the extremely yuro quality of his post. Soccer cabs, C64, falling off terraces. His brother and daughters' names are probably Philipe and Phillipa or something like that. He might even be Australia-kun in a rare moment of vulnerability.

>> No.3727462

>>3727448
Actually, kids in 2017 seem to have the opposite and wrong idea which is why friendzoning has become an epidemic.

>>3727445
Hmmmm... This makes me want to do an edit.

>> No.3727469

>>3723571
Being a hipster in the 90's still makes you a faggot today

>> No.3727472

>>3727462
Well I'm in my 40's and I've never heard of anything that ridiculous which is why I had to ask. You know how you feel about someone within minutes of meeting them. Only a fool would pretend otherwise unless he's bagged her.

>> No.3727487

>>3727472
Ah yes, I see where the misunderstanding lies. What I mean of course is that a male isn't allowed to SHOW he has feelings for a girl until she's given him some physical validation. It doesn't necessarily have to be all the way anymore since there are hoes out there who will actually fuck you even if they don't really like you just to try to get shit out of you it just needs to be more than she would usually do - whatever that means in the particular unique case. What I said is just a simple rule of thumb that young dudes should be aware of. This also dovetails into another rule that guys should never ever have feelings for one and only one girl as that's against our biological imperative and a sure sign that girl has fucked with your brain (not necessarily on purpose, jew media really likes to push the princess meme)

>>3727469
Actually, being a trend setter when you catch all kinds of shit for it from people who are still wearing doggy baseball caps with beer caps bent onto the brim takes a pretty big swinging dick which I'm fortunate enough to have been blessed with.

>> No.3727491

>>3727487
>What I mean of course is that a male isn't allowed to SHOW he has feelings for a girl until she's given him some physical validation.

Yeah that's just as ridiculous. This kind of obsessing about what you're supposed to or not supposed to show is what's wrong with kids now. If you're not straight up trolling, I honestly feel bad for you if you think that bullshit is real.

>> No.3727502

>>3727491
Actually learning that lesson through real life experience is perhaps the most important turning point in my social life, gaining me much more respect among my peers and stopping me from wasting enormous time and energy on futile pursuits. Furthermore, it gained me the perspective on the schadenfreude that comes from banging a girl you don't even like that some loser is head over heels for while she laughs about him. Sploosh.

>> No.3727508

>>3727487
>He thinks hipsterdom was invented in the 90s
Top jej, try the 50s.

>This also dovetails into another rule that guys should never ever have feelings for one and only one girl as that's against our biological imperative and a sure sign that girl has fucked with your brain (not necessarily on purpose, jew media really likes to push the princess meme)
No you fool that's the fucking bedrock of a stable civilization, choosing ONE woman to bear your future children, not fucking around and having lots of bastard kids raised by single mothers.

>> No.3727512

>>3727502
Well I guess we just have different experiences, but people are very different so whatever works for you. I fell in love with my now wife the day I met her and perused her. Like I say, that was a different era though and there was no internet culture like now telling everyone how everything is supposed to be done.

Also the thought of having sex with someone I don't like just to upset someone else is a little disgusting to me, if not borderline sociopathic. Making other people upset doesn't do anything for me.

>> No.3727518

>>3727508
>No you fool that's the fucking bedrock of a stable civilization, choosing ONE woman to bear your future children, not fucking around and having lots of bastard kids raised by single mothers.

Listen to this guy. He gets it.

>> No.3727542

That locked Glass Showcase with all the Game&Watches in it, and i get to chose one for an easter present.
I picked Rain Shower, some tiem later I also got Donkey Kong, still have them both in my collection.

>> No.3727554

>>3727508
>Hipsterism was invented in the 50s
>You will impregnate and have babies with any girl who touches your dick
I would accuse YOU of trolling but I suspect you're actually an angry /pol/ack waiting for your maiden to be delivered up unto you from the East while having no idea what to do to get her to fall for you.

>>3727512
Well you're either very lucky or more likely under the control of your wife - which isn't necessarily bad if she's a good person and trusts you to let her know when she's being hormonally unreasonable. Someone is always the one in control of successful relationships and it's going to be the one who was pursued not the one who did the pursuing. This isn't something to blame media whether it be the Internet or Leave it to Beaver or the Bible for. It's a fundamental, biological truth. In fact, you can blame "culture" for obfuscating what should be an obvious truth. You may believe that back in the 50s or the 1890s or whenever you believe was an idealized "moral" era that women never pursued men but if you dig a little deeper into the hidden ephemera of any given age you'll see that women have been using sex to pursue the top males forever and upon failing that, may settle for an acceptable man who "pursues" her in the conventional way i.e. taking her on dates, giving her gifts and generally demonstrating his ability to provide but more often than not they still want sex with the top males

In rare cases of "We both think the other is the best" somebody's ego eventually gets in the way unless one or the other subtly takes control. Men are best suited to be the one who does that as we are genetically programmed to see "top females" as a tier while women are genetically programmed to put one particular male on a pedestal.

Remember, seed is cheap but eggs are expensive.

>> No.3727561

>>3727554
>Someone is always the one in control of successful relationships

That's not what I call a successful relationship. I think you sound kind of crazy to be honest.

>> No.3727574

>>3727518
Having lots of bastard kids raised by single mothers (the nigger method) and having multiple wives under your brutal control (the Islam way) both beat the hell out of sitting around with your thumb up your ass waiting for a perfect girl who never comes and/or marrying some girl who like you is "lol too smart to have kids" which have become the white method. Western "Civilization" has fucking turned its back on us and made it prohibitively difficult for middle class people to marry young and have multiple children in the home. By being married having just one kid (so far tick-tock happily wife is much younger) I'm personally banking on a turnaround and semi-enslavement of the welfare state to occur at some point.

We're really swinging wildly from /adv/ to /pol/ here though. To try to swing it around back on topic I'll close by mentioning how every girl I've ever been with who was "into video games" or "into cars" were sluts who were actually into "nerdy guys" or "car guys" and could be traced back to one particular guy it was all about. In extremely rare cases (only ever re:cars in my experience, but possibly video games too now in 2017) that guy was her good father which is a good find but can be pretty challenging to surpass. That's sort of a "video game feel" I think.

>>3727561
>Successful relationships are out of control
Okay

>> No.3727590

>>3727574
>Successful relationships are out of control
I didn't say that at all. Are you actually sincere about this stuff you're saying? You sound like a 13 year old who's never even been in a relationship spewing random shit he heard second hand, it's really strange.

>> No.3727594
File: 350 KB, 500x641, Pizza-Hat.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3727554
>Implying I said anything about fucking just any girl.
No, you have to exercise good judgement to choose a good one and then actually stick with that good one. All of this you're saying applies if you're playing the dumbass normie game of constant hedonistic sex (a game which you're part of judging by your past statements) and if you are then tough luck because nobody who plays that game is worth starting a life with.

>> No.3727608

>>3727574
>To try to swing it around back on topic I'll close by mentioning how every girl I've ever been with who was "into video games" or "into cars" were sluts who were actually into "nerdy guys" or "car guys" and could be traced back to one particular guy it was all about.

>people's tastes should develop out of thin air
>if a girl was introduced something by a man they will never have a genuine interest in it

>> No.3727623

>>3727574
>Having lots of bastard kids raised by single mothers (the nigger method) and having multiple wives under your brutal control (the Islam way) both beat the hell out of sitting around with your thumb up your ass waiting for a perfect girl who never comes and/or marrying some girl who like you is "lol too smart to have kids" which have become the white method.
It isn't, but you are entirely correct in your assessment that western civ is too spiritually and morally dead for this to happen anymore, all I can tell ya is that it's not totally extinct if you look for a girl in the church who believes in God as I have. Actually genuinely believes too not as just some fashion accessory while still holding dumb hedonistic views.

Also yes, don't look for a girl who's into the same hobbies as you are as your main qualifier, that's retarded and will lead you to ruin. It should only at best be a bonus if she ends up liking retro vidya.

>>3727608
You're greentexting these statements as if to say they're wrong.

>> No.3727624

>>3727608
Don't forget that if she was ever into someone else she's a slut. Even if she didn't, she's probably just a slut in waiting. Men should sleep around all they can though. That's just biological imperative!

/vr/ is a sad place some days.

>> No.3727626

>>3727590
If your relationship is under control it's under someone's control. If you don't understand that, then that person isn't you. It sounds like your wife considers your input and treats you well though so it's fine. It may be best you labor under the illusion of collaboration depending on how strong your male ego is, which I can't quite speculate on based on your posts so far. Of course I'm very sincere about these things. I've developed all of these rules through direct, often painful personal experience. I distill them into blurbs that Internet 13 year olds will remember since they're the ones I most want to understand before they waste enormous amounts of time pursuing artificial images of how relationships work or get completely owned by women who do (as I sincerely believe women to make poorer decisions on average than men)

Of course, this naked Anonymous sincerity is dramatically different than the role I play as a member of society - but I see the hidden ways and take full advantage of them. If I'm crazy, my craziness has allowed me to get the life most young Anons dream about and to have had a lot of fun on the way.

>> No.3727627

>>3727623
>You're greentexting these statements as if to say they're wrong.

Not him, but if you're not trolling at this point you sound like you have a developmental or social disorder. It's fucked up.

>> No.3727630

>>3727626
>If your relationship is under control it's under someone's control.

It's under both our control. That's what a relationship is. I'm this guy >>3727627 and now doubling down on what I've said. You sound severely socially maladjusted. You're really in no position to be giving advice to people.

>> No.3727636

>>3727627
You're talking to at least 3 different people now, I'm not the guy you're calling crazy or socially maladjusted or whatever (which isn't a strong argument or even an argument to begin with) I'm saying that the other guy you're calling nuts is correct when he says that women who put their hobbies first and foremost as video games or cars are more often than not not genuinely interested in it and only do it to attract male attention, especially since video games and cars are male dominated.

>> No.3727639
File: 40 KB, 512x305, deaf children playing.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3727594
You have to know how to treat a girl before choosing a good one will do you any good. That's what practice girls are for. If you clumsily fall all over yourself attempting to pursue that good girl while a bad guy with more game also pursues her you're either going to be sad now when she openly chooses him or sad later when she cheats on you with him - if not both. She may learn her lesson from that relationship but in the process she'll become emotionally damaged and cease to be a "good girl". If she's smart, she may take control of a relationship with a "good boy" like you but at best she'll still be reigning in her natural hormonal instincts. At worst, not.

>>3727623
Dude we're right on the same page there. My teenage church girl might actually love me more than she loves God which is kind of scary and a lot of pressure to be good to her but we've been together for 8 years, married for almost 5 and I've managed to be 100% good to her so it appears I'll actually be capable of it. She actually is into all my dirty stuff too, requiring a trust which I'm positive an emotionally damaged girl would not have been capable of.

>>3727624
I'm sorry to have to be the one to break it to you. Grooms wear black.

>>3727630
You're deluded. You think people like me and >>3727623 are somehow warped or have been brainwashed but it's you who fails to see. Your wife has delegated certain responsibilities to you and (hopefully) considers your perspective when making the important decisions about your lives. It's fine and functional for you to continue living under this delusion and I sincerely don't want to fuck up your marriage by opening your eyes to this reality but younger, single Anons and Anons considering marriage should understand your example.

>> No.3727642

>>3727636
>You're talking to at least 3 different people now

That doesn't surprise me, there are a lot of socially inept people around here. I can sort of see what you're getting at, women who present themselves as being "I'm into video games" or whatnot. Maybe that's more of a thing now, I haven't been in the dating scene for a long time, but it used to just be that people were interested in things and you found out what those things were as you talked and got to know them.

But also tastes evlove and change. When I met my wife she had never had any interest in games and now she plays them pretty regularly. Is she a "gamer"? I don't know, but I don't even know if I'd call myself a "gamer". I have various hobbies and one of them has always been games, but I don't define myself by it.

>> No.3727649

>>3727642
You are a simple person and I don't mean that as an insult. I bet you've been easily and genuinely happy for most of your life.

>> No.3727652

>>3727639
>Your wife has delegated certain responsibilities to you and (hopefully) considers your perspective when making the important decisions about your lives.

You really have no clue what a real relationship is. It's impossible to truly love with a mindset like that. And life without love is pretty miserable. That's what's genuinely sad.

>> No.3727654

>>3727649
You keep making statements as if you know me, but they're completely off. There's nothing easy about happiness or relationships. But life isn't about being easy.

>> No.3727668
File: 40 KB, 680x606, doggy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3727639
>Dude we're right on the same page there. My teenage church girl might actually love me more than she loves God which is kind of scary and a lot of pressure to be good to her but we've been together for 8 years, married for almost 5 and I've managed to be 100% good to her so it appears I'll actually be capable of it. She actually is into all my dirty stuff too, requiring a trust which I'm positive an emotionally damaged girl would not have been capable of.
holy shit anon everything you said applies to me too, the teenage church girl, even the dirty stuff

I hope everything continues to work out swell for us both anon. I'm not far along as you but I have no doubts about the future because I know she's loyal.

>>3727642
You're correct in not putting your hobby as your primary identity, but the other guy was referring to people who do just that and surprise surprise those people tend to be shallow and uninterested in the thing they want others to identify them as. I'm glad you've introduced your wife to a hobby you both enjoy though just as I'm sure she's introduced you to things you yourself enjoy now.

>>3727652
He's correct when he says both parties have different responsibilities to uphold, whether or not you disagree with it or don't personally consider it yourself doesn't make him wrong

>> No.3727669

>>3727652
Maybe I am emotionally damaged myself, I suppose.

>>3727654
I agree. Life is to be enjoyed. The most direct path to joy is taking it with the moderate complication of fully understanding what you need to have it.

I still maintain that it would take almost unbelievable luck for two people to fall blindly in love and successfully navigate modern life into their 40s together, happily. Therefore it is statistically a safer bet to assume you're being lead to believe it.

I suppose it's possible whichever one of you is doing it is just unaware they are. Now that I enter into MY 40s, as years of married routine burns deeply into my brain maybe I'll even forget that it's me. That would be nice.

>> No.3727673

>>3727668
>He's correct when he says both parties have different responsibilities to uphold

That's a statement I would more or less agree with, but that doesn't sound at all like what he said.

>Your wife has delegated certain responsibilities to you and (hopefully) considers your perspective when making the important decisions about your lives
>It's fine and functional for you to continue living under this delusion

>> No.3727679
File: 696 KB, 680x680, 1313714621002[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3727668
It's a fine life

>> No.3727680

>>3727673
He's saying your wife trusts you to make the decisions a husband should make. I don't think it sounds delusional at all. You trust your wife to uphold the responsibilities of the wife don't you?

>> No.3727685

>>3727669
>Life is to be enjoyed.
That's a fallacy. If you seek joy and happiness and the goals of life you will end up disheartened and depressed.

>I still maintain that it would take almost unbelievable luck for two people to fall blindly in love and successfully navigate modern life into their 40s together

I never meant to imply that. There is nothing blind about it, and it's not an easy thing that just happens. Relationships are work because people are all really complicated, but that's also what makes them so wonderful. I would never want my wife to stay with me because she felt stuck, or the other way around.

I feel no burn from the drudgery of routine, I'm more in love with my wife now than when I married her.

>> No.3727689

>>3727673
I honestly apologize for talking down to you and getting your hackles up. I'm sure you're a good person and for whatever reason you managed to make it to your 40s undamaged I envy you. Usually when I go on these diatribes it's on other boards and there's an abundance of guys who used to be like you and got their heart kicked out because of it who need to hear what I have to say.

It's weird to me to encounter someone like you at 4chan at all, on any board though. What could possibly bring someone like you're implying you are to this place? 2012 era notoriety? Gamergate? /vr/ itself's creation in 2013?

>> No.3727690

>>3727680
I'm saying that there aren't any important decisions that are made by only one of us. We simply talk about anything that would affect both of us and decide what to do.

>> No.3727695

>>3723452
>numales
>30 years ago
Hah fag.

>> No.3727696
File: 688 KB, 159x144, 1479166033202.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3723391
I remember my aunt taking me to the local arcade to play TMNT and Superman. Whenever I hear the music or sounds, it's like I'm back there. When she got me the TMNT game for the NES, my wee mind was blown away. Eventually she married and had her own kids so obviously couldn't spend much time with me, but she makes a point to bring me cake on my birthday. She's the greatest aunt ever. It inspired me to be the cool uncle to my nieces and nephews.

>> No.3727697

>>3727689
I don't have my hackles up, I just think you sound like kind of an idiot. It's not about making it into your 40's undamaged. That's impossible. It's about learning how to live with and handle the damage we sustain.

I've been a regular on 4chan for a long time, I still come here because I've always liked it. It's one of the few places that reminds me of the old wild interent where everyone was more or less just anonymous voices having conversations.

>> No.3727701

>>3723414
>NES
>checking for violence in video games
No one cares. It's barely a problem today.

>> No.3727702

>>3723607
It's pretty hip for faggots who claim to go on 4chan and have super cool sarcastic attitude to claim they're hikki's/losers.

>> No.3727705

>>3727685
Hmmmmm... You're starting to talk me out of my enviousness. It's probably true that I am disheartened and depressed but my life is so full of joy and amazing experiences, the fulfillment of all my youthful dreams on a regular basis I'll take it. I've been disheartened and depressed ever since first grade though so it's not like I ever had a chance to be like you anyway.

>>3727690
Impossible. People disagree. The most rational way for disagreements to be solved is for one person to decide and the other person to trust.

>> No.3727706
File: 30 KB, 800x600, playstation_one_sony.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3724812
I wanted an N64 but a friend of my dad told us "what, are you crazy? Get the new Sony console, the games are dirt cheap (pirated)". He brought his PS1 with Resident Evil to our house, we went to the store that same fucking day.

Thank you based Fusca (that was his nickname)

>> No.3727707
File: 59 KB, 372x342, 1478643918597.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3727679
It absolutely is

>> No.3727710

>>3723607
>foreveralone
With the awful state of modern feminism, I think we're seeing more and more guys who will happily settle for being "foreveralone" rather than sign away half their shit to some bitch who will treat them like garbage and take advantage of them. And all for what? Producing more offspring to jam into our already-overpopulated world, which is probably headed for a major nuclear/climate disaster in the next 50 years?

>> No.3727715
File: 13 KB, 232x200, 1399097217207.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3727689
why don't you insufferable cunts start tripfagging while you're at it?

>> No.3727716

>>3727701
>Implying the NES didn't have violent games
You'd let your kid play Chiller?

>> No.3727720
File: 246 KB, 855x1200, otooniflyer.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>/vr9k/

Talk retro games.

>> No.3727721

>>3727705
It's not that life doesn't have joy. It's that making the pursuit of joy your goal doesn't work out very well. Joy and sadness with both come to you, what you should seek is meaning.

>Impossible.
Not at all. Easy, certainly not. But impossible? No.

>People disagree.

Of course. That's what conversations are for.

>The most rational way for disagreements to be solved is for one person to decide and the other person to trust.

And that's why I think you're an idiot. In my opinion it's far, far better for both people to talk about their perspectives and opinions. So we can each understand why the other feels the way they do and find either the better way or the compromise that's best.

That's the basic foundation of a relationship. Without that I think you'd just be fuck buddies with some sort of business partnership and that sounds horrific to me.

>> No.3727730

>>3723607
>It seems like there's some kind of hikikomori phenomenon going on lately where they take more pride in it?
I've had a job and supported myself since I graduated in 2004. I know a couple of people who are jobless shut-ins who live with parents. We always make fun of them and look down on them, but at the end of the day, I'm commuting to work in miserable traffic and spending a majority of my life working for someone richer than me, for a system that couldn't care less if I lived or died. Meanwhile that "stupid" hikikomori is playing vidya, drinking root beer and fapping all day.

I mean, I value my independence, but is it really worth it?

>> No.3727732

>>3727697
It's so weird that I sound like an idiot to you while you flagrantly romanticize reality. What does "learning how to live with and handle the damage we sustain" mean? That sounds to me like your wife has done some shitty shit to you in the past maybe literally cucked you and you've swallowed that shit sandwich and forgiven here for the sake of "your love" which may even have come to directly be associated with that "bittersweet" bullshit.

I don't think I'm an idiot for handling the damage I've sustained by using every means at my disposal to protect myself from future damage and part of that plan was "building a beautiful cage" to use a devilish romanticization - but my wife has made it into her mid-20s now undamaged. She hasn't ever even lost a loved one. It's the life she's always wanted and protecting her beautiful perfect heart is what I believe love is. I even get tons of joy from doing it so win-win.

>>3727702
wew lad in 20 years that's going to be even more regrettable than the purple distressed denim trench coat I wore all through high school.

>>3727710
I am the new way to go. I am the way of the future.

>>3727715
okay just for you I'll namefag this post but I like to think most regulars can recognize me from my posts

>>3727721
It's great to understand one another. Understanding one another as much as possible is tip top tier important but ultimately, somebody still decides and the other one trusts.

>> No.3727737
File: 89 KB, 640x635, Blues Brothers, The-full.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3723571
>I've been wearing them since the 90s and continue to successfully pull them off ironically.
That's what you think.

However, I'm ashamed to admit I was wearing a literal fedora in the late '90s, but it had nothing to do with whatever culture they're associated with now. It was because I was REALLY into the Blues Brothers.

>> No.3727738
File: 177 KB, 454x408, 1479784516053.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3727721
>And that's why I think you're an idiot. In my opinion it's far, far better for both people to talk about their perspectives and opinions.
There are just some things you can't talk out, sometimes you have to put your foot down and say "no, no I'm not gonna compromise on this" because you know in your heart that there's a right way to do things and that your wife trusts you to take charge in these situations.

Not him, I'm the guy with a similar life as him though. It's a little jaded to think of a relationship where somebody takes leadership as being a hedonistic ("fuckbuddy") business partnership, there's nothing wrong with a partnership where one leads and the other trusts to lead, which is what he's getting at.

>> No.3727739
File: 56 KB, 790x450, selecta-storage-unit-3[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3727730
Independence alone isn't worth it. No. You do need to have SOME independence as a step toward what it IS worth it to work for. If I was a teenager again right now in 2017 I'd be living at home for sure or at least sleeping, eating, bathing and storing most of my shit there as well as spending time with my parents, making them feel happy something I regret not doing more then. I'd have a job that was more about socializing than making a lot of money godmode: w/ real career opportunity and driving the sexiest car I could afford while also maintaining "my own place" even if it was just a clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated storage unit where I took girls to get wasted and bang. That's my answer to that question.

>> No.3727742

>>3727737
I just have good features for a fedora, bad for ball caps. Inherited from and taught to my by my dad RIP. It may be this fact that lead me to an interest in early 20th century American culture and shaped me in all kinds of ways who knows.

>> No.3727743

>>3727732
>What does "learning how to live with and handle the damage we sustain" mean?

It means life isn't easy. It means bad, depressing, unhappy things are going to happen no matter what. I sincerely think that life isn't about trying to find a way to be happy all the time, it's about finding a way to deal with the struggles that come. It's why you can't buy happiness.

And no, that's more general life advice than relationship talk. My relationship with my wife has been relatively speaking one of the easier aspects of my life. Nice cuck reference though. That's the catchy new buzzword everyone loves now.

>but ultimately, somebody still decides and the other one trusts.

I simply fundamentally disagree. If it works for you, okay but it's not the only way and I pretty firmly think it's not the best way.

>> No.3727751

>>3727738
>There are just some things you can't talk out, sometimes you have to put your foot down and say "no, no I'm not gonna compromise on this"

While I agree with that, that's the point I know I'm not with someone I want to stay in a relationship with if there's a disagreement that fundamental. Which is why communication is key, so you actually know the person before you commit your life to them.

>> No.3727761

>>3727739
My point is that it's really job vs. no job. I wouldn't even say I hate my job, but spending so much time doing it just for the sake of money is really annoying. I feel like I'm throwing away a majority of my day just to say I have a place to "get wasted and bang". It's even more depressing in winter when I get home at 5 and it's already dark out. Once I make dinner and do whatever errands I have, it's usually close to 8. If I start playing vidya at that hour, I'll easily go until 11 or 12 if it's that kind of game, and then it's time for bed to start the whole cycle over. Kinda feels like I'm in a really terrible cycle that likely won't end for decades, if at all, so I've stopped playing vidya because it really feels like a waste of the limited free time I have.

>> No.3727764 [DELETED] 

>>3727751
>While I agree with that, that's the point I know I'm not with someone I want to stay in a relationship with if there's a disagreement that fundamental
That's why the other man is saying if you find somebody you NEVER have any fundamental agreements then you're astronomically lucky, the fact is you're way more likely to run into somebody you really like and you know is a good person to spend your life with but you disagree with on something important, as long as they're willing to follow your lead and that's the only trait that should matter. That's what he means when he says it's foolish to wait around for somebody who's already perfect, because it's either never gonna happen or if it does happen you can consider yourself in the 0.00001 percent of people who experienced that

>> No.3727767

>>3727761
I think you should consider a career change. Sounds like you don't want to move so have you considered selling drugs?

>> No.3727776
File: 191 KB, 1300x1300, tee_coop01[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3727764
Muh brotha from anotha motha - I feel like I could almost leave this argument to you you understand me so good.

>> No.3727782

>>3727761
This is exactly why I say your goal in life should be to find meaning, not happiness. You go home and play those games at night because it's been a shitty day at a job you don't find fulfilling. And to not make your whole existence feel like a waste you try to slot some joy into the mix with games or drinking or sex. But you're probably noticing, it's diminishing returns. It turns into a cycle where all you want is that place of happiness, and your life becomes a chore you go through to get to your next fix.

The alternative is to ask yourself what you really want out of life. What do you really, actually want to do. What will bring you a sense of purpose and feel like you are doing something of worth. When you are working towards a goal you find meaningful, it makes the natural unpleasantness of life a lot easier to take.

By contrast to you, I get up at 5:20 each morning. It's only in the summer that I don't both leave for work and come home in the complete dark. I am doing what I love, working with animals though and even though I am tired at the end of a day, I feel satisfied.

Also on topic, video games are better when you're just playing them for what they are and not hoping they're a bandaid that will cover up a life you are otherwise finding miserable.

>> No.3727787

>>3727751
>While I agree with that, that's the point I know I'm not with someone I want to stay in a relationship with if there's a disagreement that fundamental
That's why the other man is saying if you find somebody you NEVER have any fundamental DISagreements with then you're astronomically lucky, the fact is you're way more likely to run into somebody you really like and you know is a good person to spend your life with but you disagree with on something important, as long as they're willing to follow your lead, that's the only trait that should matter. That's what he means when he says it's foolish to wait around for somebody who's already perfect, because it's either never gonna happen or if it does happen you can consider yourself in the 0.00001 percent of people who experienced that

>>3727776
I actually had to change a typo heh, but thanks anon!

>> No.3727795

>>3727782
>and I still find time to shitpost on 4chan
truly inspiring

>> No.3727802

>>3727787
>as long as they're willing to follow your lead, that's the only trait that should matter

I think assuming that your lead is always going to be the right one is the basis of the problem. That's why when you have a "fundamental disagreement" it's important to really talk it over and then come to an agreement. But also, this is why it's extremely important to have serious conversations with anyone you plan on building a life with.

I never meant to imply anyone should wait for someone who's perfect. No one is perfect, no one is going to be perfect, just like no relationship is going to be perfect. That's not what it's about.

>> No.3727803

>>3727795
I like this place. I know most people who come here secretly hate it for some reason, but I genuinely like 4chan and it's format for discussion. And yes, having a lot of personal time at work in addition to what I do is also nice.

>> No.3727818

>>3727803
How many days a week?

>> No.3727832

>>3727818
How many days a week what?

>> No.3727872

>>3727832
How many days a week do you work predawn to post-dusk?

>> No.3727892

>>3727872
4 Monday-thursday.

>> No.3728435

>>3727892
Okay I was gonna give you shit about the way to stay in love is never seeing each other but unless she also has an all-day job on weekends I guess you spend enough time together.

>> No.3729230

>>3723452
>Why do people like fun
>--Wait if I call them people it won't sting
>Uh... NUMALES
>Arguably I'm using it correctly because the kid is too young to get non-prescription glasses and horridly clownish facial hair. Whose to say he isn't a numale in the making.

>> No.3729235

>>3723452
Dunno. Never particularly cared for the NES versions. I played and completed Link's Awakening on Gameboy, then messed around with A Link to the Past, but for the most part, I never got into Zelda. Metroid, Ninja Gaiden and Castlevania? Absolutely.

>> No.3729246

>>3727445
... What?

>> No.3729626
File: 576 KB, 950x1359, Silly Comic.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3729246

>> No.3729627

>>3728435
Yeah, she works from home so we get to see each other a lot.

>>3729246
This gets it. >>3729626 The way the story is told, it could have been any game. He had decided before he even opened the box or played it that it was going to be special. It makes for a hollow story.

>> No.3729764

>>3723391
When I was little I played video games during my free time and with friends. I had a lot of fun, and certainly enjoyed it more than I do now. I have fond memories of those times because I had more fun and fewer responsibilities, and I tie my experiences with video games directly to that.

Now I have the feels.

>> No.3729768

>>3729764
This is why nostalgia is bad.

>> No.3729790

>>3729230
numale detected, back to lebbit.

>> No.3729802

>>3723391
Was Dream Machine the only mall arcade in Lex? Born in 94' and I remember once going to a mall arcade but I can't remember if it was at Turfland or Fayette.
Anyways, the one and only time I went to an arcade as a kid was with my pop. He wasn't really a gamer. He'd played a few in the 80's, Pacman, Centipede, Asteroids, just big names. Anyways, he thought I would have a blast, having grown up on the NES and Genesis. We went and played a really fun white water rafting game, and were brutalized by the rapids. It had one of the real cockpits that was like a raft itself. I wanted to keep playing it, but he persuaded me to look around. We ended up playing either Gauntlet or some Gauntlet knockoff. It was a good day. I only wish I realized how special it was at the time...

>> No.3729810

>>3729768
Nostalgia isn't inherently bad. It's a powerful force in contemporary society, more powerful than ever with the abundance of pop culture. Our lives are ever more saturated in pc since birth than that of our ancestors. While our grandparents may have been peasants whose nostalgia was based in races to the village well, our nostalgia has been much more predominantly based on old tv shows and vidya, along with those other memories like tag or something. The main difference between nostalgia of today and yesteryear? Our nostalgia has been pegged as disposable from day 1. Pop culture, while it can produce wonders, is completely and utterly disposable in this trash/consumer society.

>> No.3729825

>>3729810
>Nostalgia isn't inherently bad.
Then your whole post seems to be talking about how bad it is. Comparing new experiences to the way things felt to you as a child is foolish. Nostalgia is bad.

>> No.3729831

>>3729825
I guess I forgot to add an important slice.

>Nostalgia
>Use with caution

Nobody needs to become a vessel for nostalgia, but it has it's place

>> No.3729838

>>3729831
What do you think is a good place for nostalgia?

>> No.3729849

>>3729831
>>3729825
>>3729810

Speaking of nostalgia, I like what this anon wrote in another thread:
>>3717496

>> No.3729856

>>3729838
I can think of three examples off the top of my head

I. Hey, you're feeling bad? Here's a little dopamine boost. (Just don't overdo it, use discipline)

II. Bonding with friends, and knowing their value in your life

III. It can be used in examining how times have changed with and without you; and what that means in a grander scale. I guess for this one you have to take a step back from part of the romantization of the past, but nostalgia is involved

>> No.3729870

>>3729856
I think there are better, more reliable ways of getting a dopamine boost, like exercise. The other two don't sound like nostalgia.

>> No.3729873

>>3729790

I'm really sorry your mom never loved you.

>> No.3730603
File: 595 KB, 1032x601, 1398714822138.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3727445
You do realize that getting a new video game in the era when they were between $70 - $100 would have been a big deal for a kid; especially when it seems like it was an out-of-the-blue purchase for him by his mom, right?

Have we really become so jaded that we forgot the allure of a new video game?

>> No.3730612

>>3730603
Some N64 games cost $70 at retail. I can't think of any regular game for any system that did, even at release. LoZ released at $49.99 and there's no indication it was a new release. The Classic version released at $19.99 iirc.

>> No.3730628

>>3730612
Have you seen game ads from the 80s and 90s?

>> No.3730656

>>3723391
>76'
You were born in the 77th century?

>> No.3730701
File: 436 KB, 700x2103, aq2ErxM_700b1[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3730628
Yes. Yes I have. I worked in a video game store in the 90s. $60 has always been pretty much the ceiling for normal video games. Some SNES SA-1 games crept up to $70 but there's only a hand full of those.

>> No.3730732

>>3726375
>Your mom probably lost them on purpose
I can pretty much guarantee it wasn't on purpose. She was also pretty heartbroken by it since they both had good memories of those games.

>> No.3730736

>>3730701
I always find it odd how the prices never really gone up to match inflation, when consoles in fact have.

>> No.3730743

>>3730736
Games are more or less just data and it's the price point that dictates how much data a game can contain at any given point.

>> No.3731770

>>3730743
Then why did prices plummet at the turn of the millennium? I remember a $50 game being way too expensive to pay for a game from '99 until PS3/360 came out.

>> No.3731774

>>3725763
>Whether you like it or not there are social mores that you would be wise to follow.
You're beyond help.

>> No.3731781

>>3725763
>Well then you're fucking deaf, blind or dumb. Whether you like it or not there are social mores that you would be wise to follow. People, especially her will know you're a fool if you have feelings for a girl and give her emotional validation without her reciprocating with the physical validation that you as a man need and have every right to want. You can make life hard for yourself by ignoring social mores (and biological imperatives) if you want but you will be sacrificing your own personal happiness to advance women's control of the world. I understand, believe me. I grew up as a romantic and even kind of a feminist until I really got to really know women and believe me they shouldn't make all the decisions. But now I'm digressing into a whole 'nother Anonymous persona of mine so yeah. tl;dr you're dumb
you're still treating women as some monolithic figure alien to you as a man. women are neither special nor unspecial. they're just people. the reason I never would develop feelings for someone just because of sex, and would never have sex with someone I didn't already have feelings for, is because I place a higher value on the relationship of knowledge and understanding between each other. If I don't trust someone there's no reason to let them anywhere near my body, and if that person I trust betrays me then they are no longer a person to me.

I only have sex with people, I don't masturbate while using a girl as a masturbatory object.

>> No.3731794

>>3731770
>I remember a $50 game being way too expensive to pay for a game from '99 until PS3/360 came out.

Consumer perceptions. A cart looks like an expensive product and people would imagine an expensive game has special chips or a ton of memory or something. When a game is just printed on a CD or DVD it doesn't have the same semblance of value attached to it. Even if the budget that went into making and then producing the game was actually higher than putting on a cart.

>> No.3731798

>>3731781
Yeah that guy has serious, serious social and or emotional problems. It's a little disturbing to realize he's actually not trolling and sincerely believes the stuff he writes.

>> No.3731804

>>3731770
Optical media pushed the manufacturing costs way down and Sony no longer had a fix on the media like they had with CDs. Then production costs skyrocketed and the AAA/"minigame" gulf widened

>>3731781
See, I used to think like you until I really really got to know and understand women (and myself). There are biological imperatives that have shaped the human mind since literally before the first flicker of consciousness. This perspective you have been spoon fed by your mom and the media, presuming you are male, is crippling your potential for success as a human being. Unless you open your eyes, the best you can hope for is to be controlled by a good woman.

>> No.3731813

>>3731798
>not being a numale stuck in orbit around some woman until she cuts me loose is a serious social issue
lolokay I mean, I can see where by modern standards you might see it that way but rest assured that I can superficially pretend to socialize normally... Or rest afraid that there's at least one fox like me in your henhouse.

>> No.3731821

>>3731813
I've been married for almost 15 years. I was posting earlier in the thread and you seem like the same guy.

>>3727462
>>3727487
>>3727502
>>3727554

If not, I appologize you may not be that unstable. But if you were him, you have problems.

>> No.3731824

>>3731804
You never thought like me, you used to think like a little bitch waiting for women to come and save you from your own misery, and you graduated to buying into the culture of powerlessness believing the only way someone like you can be happy is by following the asinine rules some rich asshole made up to coddle you. But you're not happy and you never will be because inside you are alone and you don't trust anyone and you don't think you can do anything to change the way things are or come up with your own solution. you're literally a tool.

>> No.3731847
File: 15 KB, 180x156, all me.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3731821
All me, Bro.

I thought we were at a good place but we can get back into it. I have to say that if you've been with the same girl exclusively for 15 years you can't possibly speak with much authority about what constitutes a social problem especially from the perspective of the young, lonely frustrated guys I am trying to help cut through the confusing bullshit and get the happiness they want younger than I was when I got it figured out.

Your method depends tremendously on luck, propped up only by long suffering/tolerance. My method is a sure way to get as much as you deserve out of life and probably even a little bit more considering women also don't really understand these rules either - and are even more slaves to romance/emotion/genetic programming.

>> No.3731851

>>3731813
>but rest assured that I can superficially pretend to socialize normally...

For brief periods of time. But you know you are pretending and most people around you can sense it as well. Deep down you know that's all you are. Pretending to be normal on the surface so people won't know what a monster you are inside.

>> No.3731859

>>3731847
you're not trying to help anyone, you failed at something and you don't want other people to try and prove you to be the cause of your failure instead of -the state of everything else in the world- being to blame for your failure.

you failed. get over it.

>> No.3731861

>>3731847
>I thought we were at a good place but we can get back into it.

You did? Because I thought we left off that I think you're severely emotionally unstable and trying to give advice that comes across like a hormonal 13 year old who's never been in a relationship.

Outside of pointing out that what you're saying is batshit crazy I don't have any other interest in discussion. My "method" had no luck to it at all. It's called being a human and communicating with the people you date until you find someone who you communicate so well with you want to do it every day.

You need a therapist.

>> No.3731865

>>3731851
as a real monster I take offense to being lumped in with this reactionary idiot

>> No.3731869

>>3731861
he literally doesn't believe in humanity.

>> No.3731875

>>3731869
Like I say, he's batshit crazy.

>> No.3731892

>>3731824
lolno I'm in control of my life. I don't "find the compromise that's best" with my wife. I give her 99% of the things she wants (especially things she doesn't even know she wants but I do thanks to my extensive experience with women) and keep her so happy that the 1% of the time I put my foot down it's fine.

>>3731851
I can pretend more than long enough to make the connections I want to make. I'm even actually and truly a good person within my in-law family it's just by choice. I mean sure I kinda want to bang my sisters-in-law but who doesn't?

>>3731859
The majority of people who even try fail. The small percentage of people who believe they've succeeded are overwhelmingly deluded and actually just under the control of their wives. Maybe 0.01% of people are lucky enough to find someone perfect for them.

>>3731861
And you're going to need a divorce attorney and/or a bullet sooner or later because there's no one in control of your life.

>>3731869
Hmmmm... That might be true. If it ever existed it's definitely on its way out.

>> No.3731912

>>3731892
>And you're going to need a divorce attorney and/or a bullet sooner or later because there's no one in control of your life.

You literally can't imagine a happy relationship and you sound completely miserable but you are here trying to give advice to others as if you have some special secret to success. It's really sad, man.

>> No.3731918

>>3731892
your wife is cheating on you anon

>> No.3731920

>>3731918
because that's what gives her control of her life.

>> No.3731924

>>3731892
>I can pretend
>I can pretend
>I can pretend

Keep up that mantra Kiddo.

>> No.3731928

>>3731912
At this moment I am sitting on the couch with my 4 year old son laughing and joking taste testing the jelly beans I won in some silly Christmas game his great grandma made up. We have his favorite Youtube channel (Funnelvision) on our 60 inch LG plasma. My beautiful much younger wife who has never been with any other man is teaching her elementary school class. Our house is paid for. We have four cars. We have health insurance. My mom is on her way for the three of us to go to the Menenite store to buy honey from a local apiary. I assure you I'm as happy as a monster like me possibly could be.

>> No.3731934

>>3731928
> I assure you I'm as happy as a monster like me possibly could be.

You can say that but the way you talk about life sounds utterly miserable, you outwardly say you don't even believe in humanity. I honestly think you have some form of social disorder from the way you talk about people, especially women and relationships. You even acknowledge you think you're a monster...

I think you desperately need help, but it's not my life. Good luck with your son.

>> No.3731997

>>3731934
I was obviously being facetious. Having "faith in humanity" is a huge liability though. My eyes are simply open. I know how much influence I am capable of exerting over the concentric circles of my "social" life, social being the third ring after my immediate and extended family, and the point at which my returns begin to diminish enough that I only dabble. There are much nastier much more manipulative people than me operating in that circle and I have little use for them or the areas our circles overlap. The reason I speak so candidly here on 4chan is because not only am I relatively anonymous but other Anons remind me of me when I was a teen but maybe /vr/ doesn't have that type of Anon or they keep their mouths shut thanks to the "oldfags only" unspoken rule we seem to have developed.

>> No.3732049

>>3731997
>Having "faith in humanity" is a huge liability though.

Seek help. No joke. No trolling. For the sake of your son. That's all I'll stop preaching to you at this point, but the way you talk about life, other people and relationships is really, really sad.

Good luck.

>> No.3732081
File: 476 KB, 950x1482, poster.l-enfer.art_.zoom_[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3731813
Life, other people and relationships are in fact really sad. It's amazing you've lived into your 40s without realizing that. The only joy to be had is the joy you take or the joy someone else has taken and shared with you. Are you really beautiful or something? Beautiful people tend to take everyone loving them and making them happy for granted.

>> No.3732101

>>3732081
>Life, other people and relationships are in fact really sad.

You have that backwards.

>> No.3732202
File: 319 KB, 1600x1064, 1454112989871.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>summer day camp back in 2000(?)
>pokemon is fucking HUGE(obviously)
>everyone had a gameboy, mostly gold/silver since gen 2 had come out by then
>the rich and older kids had R/B/Y, and everyone looked at them as gods because we were all hooked on the anime
>that kid who said you could get all 3 starters in yellow, and we called him a dumbass(few people had yellow, and since every other game only let you have 1, majority ruled you couldnt)
>brings yellow the next day, everyone crowds around him during gym while he plays yellow
>there was a super nintendo that we could play if we decided not to go to the pool that day
>one day, a kid brings the super gameboy
>see pokemon on the fucking BIG SCREEN, shit myself
>beg kids over and over to let me play, never had a chance to because time was over for using the SNES(we took turns)
>after begging my parents for months to get me red or blue, get Red and showing it off to all my friends
>get to misty after being lost in mt moon for weeks(wtf was a strategy guide, fuck off. I did it myself)
>chose charmander as a starter, got rekt by misty's gym
>couldnt find any pokemon to beat it because I never caught a grass/pikachu
>never played it until years later
>still going by the time Ruby/sapphire comes out, everyone still playing but now on GBA's
>older kid now, Im negotiating trades and everything

alternatively:

>playing super mario world
>kid shows me you can hit L+R on destroyed castles to replay them
>play the first and the underwater castle over and over and over again until I could probably play it in my sleep
>one time I was the first on the SNES, played from like donut plains 1 all the way to butter bridge 1 and hit a brick wall, dying over and over again
>eventually some other kid gets to forest of illusion, never manage to find the right exit to advance
>as a little kid, got really sentimental about yoshi, tried my hardest to never use him as an extra jump despite my awful platforming skills

>> No.3732291

>>3732101
I don't. In fact, it's kind of revealing that you keep accusing me of being taught my world view by some unknown "other" when in fact it's very much an original construct and you're the one spewing antiquated, esoteric Romanticisms. I wouldn't be surprised if pretty soon you said Jesus loves me

>> No.3732301

>>3723391
My mom bought me Link to the Past and it was literally my childhood ω

>> No.3732858

>>3732081
you seem to want easy generalized answers to things instead of realizing you have a responsibility to judge people individually.

it must be real sad to be your wife when you don't even really trust her. your kid is the best thing in your life, and he also might be the only thing.

>> No.3732867

>>3732291
I'm pretty sure Jesus said he pities you unless you can stand up and try to make the right decisions for the good of all people and society.

What's sad about you, is that in your mind, you're always going to be the one restrained and forced to comply. You have none of the qualities of a leader. You decided it was impossible ahead of time.

>> No.3732916

>>3732858
Where do you even get that? I think I've made it abundantly clear that I trust my wife. She comes from a religious family none of whom have ever divorced, I got her before she suffered any emotional damage and I have consistently been good to her. There is absolutely no possible way to find a person more trustworthy than that.

>> No.3732921

>>3732867
And this here I literally don't even understand what you're trying to communicate.

>> No.3733492

>>3732916
everything you said screams that you fundamentally don't trust her and need to search for outside sources of security, you distrust her so much on an integral psychological subconscious level that you've completely locked her down with evidence and social bondage so that she won't cheat

all of that just makes it a hundred times more desirable for her to do so

>> No.3733554

What the fuck happened to this thread?

>> No.3733625

>>3733492
lol "social bondage"? Evidence of what? I distrust PEOPLE in general so much that I was very selective about who I married. The things YOU say really really make it seem like you think a healthy relationship is one where a woman is ready willing and able to leave you at any time but chooses not to. I really don't like to use buzzwords but that's exactly what leads to cuckoldry.

>> No.3733691

>>3733625
>The things YOU say really really make it seem like you think a healthy relationship is one where a woman is ready willing and able to leave you at any time but chooses not to.
that is in fact, the only thing that makes it a relationship.

>> No.3733692
File: 87 KB, 455x457, 1866_emancipation_logo_DYK.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3733625
you know the saying "if you love someone hold them down"?

you're gonna get cucked, insecure anon.

>> No.3733698

>>3733625
>I really don't like to use buzzwords but that's exactly what leads to cuckoldry.
I should have finished reading. It doesn't lead to cuckoldry because as soon as she cheats it's not a relationship anymore. You also seems to struggle to comprehend that your way is what makes cuckoldry so desirable for women, you've done everything in your power to make that kink as hot as possible.

For me if a woman betrays me we'll go our separate ways and she'll feel bad or maybe think it's worth it.

For you, your world is going to be destroyed, and that's the best thing about it for her. She can invalidate your entire existence with a fling. You talk about being the one in control, but she's the only one with a nuclear option. You're fucked in a lot of ways.

>> No.3733704
File: 46 KB, 400x492, sonson-bite.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3733691
>>3733691
>that is in fact, the only thing that makes it a relationship
>He thinks a healthy relationship is a precarious situation where the woman can leave at any time.
You are a sad misguided fool and lack self esteeem, you are as the other guy said - a prime target for cuckoldry

>> No.3733732

>>3731892
There's no way in hell you're trolling at this point. People like you should be locked up, for your own good.

>> No.3733752

>>3733704
Why would other people and my interactions with them have anything to do with my self-esteem?

To me the best relationship is one where both parties are fully autonomous and capable of making their own decisions, and stay together because their morality and interests are compatible.

Like personally I have absolutely no desire to cheat have casual sex or hook up. I don't even want to date. I just want to hang out, cooperate, converse, pursue similar interests and goals, support people I like and have them make a choice to support me if they feel like it.

Personally I can survive without anyone else. I don't need a sense of security.

I just want to make a better life for myself and some people I care about, and if they have the same response that's gravy, but it's not something I'm reliant on.

>> No.3733759
File: 83 KB, 1000x668, ae570bc37a51ddf6865bb56f808757449190718cc04af3452d32cb2989e120b7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3733732
Your strong reaction to this normal man's opinions are telling of your own shortcomings

>>3733752
>To me the best relationship is one where both parties are fully autonomous and capable of making their own decisions, and stay together because their morality and interests are compatible.
>Personally I can survive without anyone else. I don't need a sense of security.
See this is your problem, you don't know how a healthy man/woman relationship is supposed to be like and you equate it to something like a casual friendship, not even a deep friendship. It is you who has no idea how human interactions work.

>> No.3733778

>>3733759
There is no such thing as a casual friendship for me. I either care about people or don't.

Anyway, you act like your wife needs to be an irreplaceable part of your body that needs to be under your control or something.

But if she dies what are you gonna do? You'll just find someone else.

I'm the one who believes in true love and trust and justice and compassion and being best friends with your wife and shit here, yet you're the one burdened with oneitis.

>> No.3733782
File: 20 KB, 470x454, peace[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3733692
You know the saying "don't be a fucking retard"?

I've given my wife literally everything she ever dreamed of before she was 25 years old I just made damn sure to find a girl who wanted the things I was ready, willing and able to give.

>>3733698
Was your wife EVER in love with you? Mine sees me as the most awesome man in the world - really pretty much the only man in the world since I'm the only one she's ever had a real relationship with. In the extremely unlikely event our marriage did fall apart I have so much more experience and know so many more women that I would actually be in a better place than she would. When a man and a woman seem to be on the same ground socially, the woman actually has a lot more power because of the biological imperative you seem completely blind to. Despite the dramatically increased tolerance to sluttiness these days it's still easier for a woman to find a man than for a man to find a woman, all things being equal. Again, it's telling that the "nuclear option" is something much further up in your mind than in mine.

>>3733704
The really sad thing is that he's just echoing the conventional perspective. This is what "modern relationships" are like. By daring to apply rational logic to relationships I'm "cold and calculating" while the only response they have when cornered is to hide behind banal platitudes and "muh feelings"

>>3733732
Of course I'm not trolling. Happily, even if Hillary had gotten elected there'd be no way for people like you to identify people like me because you lack rational thought where these things are concerned and you're way too big a pussies to even have guns much less to kill us when we bang your girlfriends.

>> No.3733783
File: 57 KB, 640x360, 0908232ef121dd8a27c287afe9fffd321426173115_full.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3733778
>Anyway, you act like your wife needs to be an irreplaceable part of your body that needs to be under your control or something.
Funnily enough this is how I describe my wife, she's a part of me just as I am a part of her. That's how much I love her, if you don't understand that feeling then I'm sorry you haven't and hope you will meet somebody like that in your life.

>But if she dies what are you gonna do? You'll just find someone else.
Incorrect

>yet you're the one burdened with oneitis.
Again, incorrect. Fidelity isn't a burden and if you feel like it is then I'm deeply sorry for you

>> No.3733785

>>3733782
>Was your wife EVER in love with you?
There are like half a dozen girls who are still in love with me, who I could probably seek out and have a lasting relationship with at any time.

I'm single. Every single time I was the one who told them it was over, or that it was never going to happen anymore. Not once did I betray any of them, nor do any of them resent me.

Miraculously, life somehow goes on.

>> No.3733787

>>3723391
/VR9K/??
WTF is going on

>> No.3733790
File: 2.26 MB, 1920x1070, 1433174001955.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3733783
>>But if she dies what are you gonna do? You'll just find someone else.
>Incorrect
this guy

>> No.3733792
File: 63 KB, 181x166, 1478635430363.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3733790
>The guy who apparently is self content with himself cannot comprehend the idea of sticking to only one woman even after an untimely death
This guy.

>> No.3733797

>>3733792
>the idea of sticking to only one woman even after an untimely death
>I think I know about things that have never happened to me

>> No.3733804

>>3733797
>You can't extrapolate how you'd feel in a certain situation unless you were in that situation maaaan
We're done here

>> No.3733809

>>3733792
Who else can you be self content with?

>> No.3733818

>>3733809
The core issue is that he can't be self content.
>>3733804
You can but you're incredibly wrong here. You don't even love your wife because she's an idealized object to you. You'll compulsively attach to someone else out of desperate codependency as soon as she dies, I wouldn't be surprised if she isn't even in the grave yet before you're fucking her sister.

You don't even know what love is because your selfishness and fundamental inability to love yourself makes you incapable of it.

>> No.3733821
File: 102 KB, 1080x1080, 1474970776997.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3733818
>You don't even know what love is because your selfishness and fundamental inability to love yourself makes you incapable of it.
>Completely dysfunctional man incapable of comprehending basic husband/wife dynamics pulling out armchair psychoanalysis on somebody he doesn't know
You're adorable. Tell me more.

>> No.3733828

>>3733821
Marriage is a contract anon, but anyone can break a contract. If you need to restrain your wife to keep her from doing that, it means you're afraid of her.

Why are you scared of a little girl anon?

>> No.3733831
File: 22 KB, 312x290, 1471840399904.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3733828
>Being so jaded he equates a holy matrimony to a business contract that can be broken at any time
>He can't comprehend the idea of a woman being loyal to a single man and considers it a form of restraint
Why art thou such a cuck, anon?

>> No.3733835

>>3733831
Aren't you the one who can't comprehend a woman being loyal since you have to take it out of her control to be comfortable?

I'm also not sure how contracts have any inherent relation to business, though the opposite may be true.

>> No.3733836

>>3733835
sorry, vice versa, not opposite

>> No.3733838

>>3733835
>Aren't you the one who can't comprehend a woman being loyal since you have to take it out of her control to be comfortable?
>Implying I had to take away anything and that women don't desire to be taken care of by a single benefactor
There you go with your misguided notions again anon, what do you have against loyalty?

>> No.3733854

>>3733838
>>Implying I had to take away anything and that women don't desire to be taken care of by a single benefactor
Those aren't women because they're not adults. Childish adults are worthless.

>> No.3733864
File: 751 KB, 616x600, Donkey_Kong_Land_Preview_(Page_3,_Nintendo_Power_69).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3733854
>Loyalty is a childish trait now
Top cuck detected, enjoy your "mature" women who are slaves to their vices I guess.

>> No.3733873

>>3733864
You're projecting a lot of weird tangents and word associations that make it seem like you might have mild schizophrenia. I sort of wonder what you think the dictionary definition of loyalty is.

>> No.3733881
File: 12 KB, 225x225, 1478574421229.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3733873
>You're projecting a lot of weird tangents and word associations that make it seem like you might have mild schizophrenia.
>If I just throw a bunch of words in a sentence I can sound like I'm still right and completely deflect off the fact that I just admitted I'm a cuckold and don't know the first thing about love.
We're done here

>> No.3733883

>>3733864
Why did the CG for all the 16 bit DKC games look like a 15 year old mucking about with 3D Max?

>> No.3733884

>>3733881
>I literally cannot understand the sentence you wrote in proper English
>check mate.

>> No.3733889
File: 43 KB, 413x427, 1478656187965.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3733884
>Any word salad and baseless assumptions are a valid argument if I use proper grammar and spelling.
Good one cuck.

>> No.3733892

>>3733881
but no really, if a girl cheats on you, you shouldn't care, and you were wrong to care in the first place

moving on to someone else who actually deserves a chance is the correct thing to do

when a person you were in a relationship with cheats, then you aren't in a relationship anymore, not only that, you never were, because that person never intended to have a relationship with anybody. there's nothing to have hurt feelings about just go out and find someone decent now that you're less naive.

>> No.3733894

>>3733889
I don't think you could actually name what's wrong with any of the sentences I wrote even if you tried.

>> No.3733897
File: 9 KB, 225x225, 1478660961150.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3733892
>you shouldn't care if you get betrayed lmao if you actually put your trust in anyone you're a fool
And you're the one calling others inhuman, that's rich.

>> No.3733905

>>3733894
>Being so autistic you doesn't value the worth of what's being said just how it's written.
We're done here

>> No.3733908
File: 733 KB, 484x364, 1453355379657.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3723391

>> No.3733914

>>3733897
it seems like your brain gets constipated every time it starts to touch on the idea that you're the one whose actually to blame for your own misfortunes

if someone you trusted betrays you, make no mistake, you made a bad call. you should have known better.

see now your mind makes a jump from "it was a mistake to trust one person" to "it was a mistake to ever trust anybody"

this is because you're an idiot.

>>3733905
I was pretty sure the core of your argument was trying to deflect and change the subject with hilarious freudian strawmen instead of actually refuting anything that's said, one argument of which was literally "the thing you wrote was too complicated and I didn't get it so it must not mean anything lmao"

but you couldn't actually name what the words you didn't get were supposed to mean or why you thought they were used incorrectly, you just got frustrated looking at words you couldn't make sense of and threw a fit about it like a slow kid forced to read poetry in class.

>> No.3733928

>>3733914
>it seems like your brain gets constipated every time it starts to touch on the idea that you're the one whose actually to blame for your own misfortunes
>It is somehow your own fault that you got betrayed
10/10 logic there, really putting that cuck brain to use justifying a betrayal as being your own fault.

>see now your mind makes a jump from "it was a mistake to trust one person" to "it was a mistake to ever trust anybody" this is because you're an idiot.
Except this is you who's saying this, not me. So yes you are an idiot

>I was pretty sure the core of your argument was trying to deflect and change the subject with hilarious freudian strawmen.
Your argument was, and I quote

>You're projecting a lot of weird tangents and word associations that make it seem like you might have mild schizophrenia.

But it's cute how you're accusing me of strawmen when I'm taking what you yourself said and extrapolating your personality based on that, whereas you're just pulling shit out of your ass and expecting me to defend myself as if to legitimize your assbackwards way of argumentation when it's much more pertinent to attack you for using such weird ad hominems that have no basis in anything. It's so easy to flip this on you because you're so stupid like, how would you say I'm mildly schizophrenic? What word associations and weird tangents am I projecting? Or is it that you simply just use big words you yourself don't understand to try and sound like you actually have any competency in reading human behavior, which is already a flawed premise considering you don't know the first thing about basic man/woman relationships.

In order words, we're done here. I only replied to you this last time because some idiot might actually think you're onto something when you're just a failed armchair psychologist projecting his failed view on the world on others who actually lead a successful and happy life.

>> No.3733935
File: 2 KB, 69x102, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3733914
>>3733928

>> No.3733949

>>3723391
Fellow oldfag here, instead of opening 20 Youtube tabs, check this out next time:

http://arcade.hofle.com/

Incidentally I love that his website looks like a Geocities page from 1997.

Anyone else open up their games and read the instruction booklets on the car ride home from the store when they were a kid? I couldn't wait to get home and try the game, and reading the instructions was like the next best thing during the trip home from the mall.

>> No.3734007

>>3731851
OK Patrick Bateman.

>> No.3734217

>>3733935
Fuck now I'm blind in addition to being retarded!

>> No.3734559 [DELETED] 

>>3733928
>But it's cute how you're accusing me of strawmen when I'm taking what you yourself said and extrapolating your personality based on that, whereas you're just pulling shit out of your ass and expecting me to defend myself as if to legitimize your assbackwards way of argumentation when it's much more pertinent to attack you for using such weird ad hominems that have no basis in anything.
all this word salad! you don't have to use big words to try and sound smart and distract me anon just admit you're wrong :3

ok but jokes aside;

>>3733804
>We're done here
>>3733881
>We're done here
>>3733804
>We're done here
>>3733928
>In order words, we're done here.

this was like a smorgasbord of cucktriggering

>> No.3735458
File: 19 KB, 1280x720, maxresdefault[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Seems like without me, this just devolved into a "who's an autist" competition so allow me to reintroduce some hopefully on-topic bullet points in order of importance rather than itt interest, which I can't fully stomach

>Be suspicious of gamer girls
They may or may not have started the habit for male attention but if they're older than 14, they've gotten it and it's a drug best chances are if the guy she's gamed with the most by far is her dad

>If your girl has her own group of "gamer friends" it's a problem, even online
Obviously these groups will be overwhelmingly male and there will be a sense of clan trust and there will always be snakes and foxes in those groups listening close to any complaints a girl may have then amplifying and repeating them back to her. Been on one side of this, learned it, spent more time on the other then ultimately rose above

begin controversy zone

>Girls basically cannot ever fully get over heartbreak
While women and even society in general do their best to make men think like women, deep down a right thinking man should be able to fully grasp the "lots of fish in the sea" logic, while a woman's deepest instinct will have hook her on the "best man" and often his "bad" treatment of her will only deepen that position in her mind (and hurt her own self esteem), an inescapable spiral unless she meets someone "truly better"

>If your girl has been through basically the same experiences as you, she is guaranteed way more fucked up than you
"Blank slates" are the best girls. All girls number one interest deep down is to get the best guy and start a family similarly to how all guys' is to bang a bunch of girls. Because of this, the primary reason behind men's hobbies is to show their superiority while the primary reason behind women's hobbies is to find and impress superior men. This is evolutionary biology and we can get way into it if you want

aaand char. limit

>> No.3735478

>>3735458
This might be the most beta shit I've ever read. This is like a person who actually thinks being beta is somehow inherent to all human being's nature and other people just aren't doing it right.

>> No.3735490

>>3735458
This is the most cringey shit I've ever read and I'm ashamed I read it on /vr/.
>They may or may not have started the habit for male attention but if they're older than 14, they've gotten it and it's a drug
You realizes girls can like video games in the same way you do, right? Back in the early 90s I played games with my female friends like Kirby. Nowadays girls play games and literally no one thinks it's weird. If you think it's just for male attention you're a fucking retard. On top of that, most of these "gamer girls" you see are lesbians.
>If your girl has her own group of "gamer friends" it's a problem, even online
You realize you're just sperging out about a girl having a life outside of you, right? Not every girl is going to cheat on you.
>Girls basically cannot ever fully get over heartbreak
This isn't gender exclusive. You're looking at this very black and white. Man or woman, anyone can fall in love, and to lose that love can absolutely destroy you and you may never heal.
>All girls number one interest deep down is to get the best guy and start a family similarly to how all guys' is to bang a bunch of girls.
I can't believe this. How can one man be so retarded? You think you know people on a psychological level by putting them in these little stereotypes, but it just shows you know nothing about people at all.

>> No.3735493

>>3735490
>Man or woman, anyone can fall in love
I'm 28 and I've never fallen in love.

I'm not that guy but just saying.

I've definitely loved a lot, but never fallen, and I wonder if I ever will.

I never will, no one is like me and I don't want to be like others. It just doesn't work out that way.

>> No.3735495

>>3733908
It felt predictable to me but it's still an interesting story. It certainly made me feel.

>> No.3735496

>>3735495
It also didn't actually happen.

>> No.3735584

I used to own another console before Dreamcast, i cant tell whether it was the Saturn or Mega Drive because the shape of their controllers is similar and that's all I can remember. I do remember playing Streets of Rage and a car game where you can choose between a sports car, sedan, and a semi truck. It's been bugging me for months because I cant remember

I remember when my uncle bought me a copy of ECW for the Dreamcast, as well as HotD 2 and Phantasy Star, and that vague Gundam game I can barely recall. My uncles would visit us for some fun time with the Dreamcast. They even gave me Dino Crisis and I remember getting scared and unable to play when no one is around.

>> No.3735616
File: 433 KB, 1600x1000, download[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3735478
>beta
oh boy here we go with this shit. The one and only qualification for being alpha should be banging plenty of chicks. It would be cool and all to have grown up knowing and to not have to think about it but not everyone did or can but it CAN be learned or, if you want to stick to your superior attitude "faked" but I have a hard time believing very many Anons are natural born ladykillers but hey anything's possible.

>>3735490
>black and white
Ah hah now we're getting somewhere. You make it very clear that you've been brainwashed by the leftist "progressive" machine. News flash: sex IS black and white. Sure not everything is about sex and we can enjoy variety of tastes and interests but relationships ARE about sex. If you are in denial about your base sexual nature and how it defines your role in your relationship then you are wasting time and before long, inviting heartbreak.

and no, I do not realize girls can like video games in the same way I do. In the 22 gamer years that have passed since puberty, out of the dozens of "girl gamers" I've known intimately and the hundreds I've encountered, including female devs I can confidently say none of them enjoyed gaming the way I do. You must be doing that wrong too.

Moe doesn't exist in the three dimensional form

>> No.3735661

>>3735496
I never said I thought I did. Not that the truth of it matters anyway in this thread cause I'm sure most stories are fictional or at least exagerrated.

>> No.3735978

My mom and I beat Captain America and the Avengers at the arcade on $1 each. It was awesome. It's the last happy memory I have of my mom before she became an alcoholic.

>> No.3736004

>>3735458
>Seems like without me, this just devolved into a "who's an autist" competition
>proceeds to go full /29k/ autismo mode

Damn, gramps, I'm disappoint.

>> No.3736041

>>3736004
Blame it on the drugs, I guess but I'm pretty sure the robots have completely given up on the fairer sex. I just feel bad for most of them - but it doesn't stop me from taking advantage of them. Somebody's going to.

>> No.3736569

>>3735616
>The one and only qualification for being alpha should be banging plenty of chicks
It means being a leader of men.

Being a leader and being a follower of others are not the only two options.

>> No.3736576

>>3736041
repulsive guys for repulsive girls I guess. personally I feel no need to have sex to maintain emotional security, and I'd actually rather not have sex with anyone who isn't genuinely worth my time.

>> No.3736647

>>3736576
gay

>> No.3737106

>>3723531
Hey bro, you could get a raspberry pi zero and make a retro system out of a cartridge like a lot of people are doing. That way he could have every Atari game ever made.

>> No.3737108

>>3736041
>Blame it on the drugs

?

>but it doesn't stop me from taking advantage of them

In what way do you take advantage of anonymous people on the internet?

Gramps, you keep falling lower and lower, my impression of you drastically changed. Sad.

>> No.3737109
File: 221 KB, 1600x1200, IMG_3556.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3723531
>>3737106
Not exactly like this, but you get the idea.

>> No.3737162

>>3737108
The fairer sex, Anon.