[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 78 KB, 1238x666, 107home.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3703312 No.3703312 [Reply] [Original]

I miss it.

>> No.3703320

don't remind me

>> No.3703321

stop dont make me cry

>> No.3703323

Christmas is ruined

>> No.3703324

>>3703312

There is a successor site, but the first rule is not to mention its name on public internet.
Considering what you're doing with this thread...

UG went down because people were talking about it too much and someone from EA was able to register and saw all those shitty sport games from the 90's in there.

>> No.3703329

There was stuff that was on there that doesn't exist anywhere else, 90s Mac ISOs, for one. Those things are rare as hell.

>> No.3703332

>>3703324
Come on, say it's name. It's okay, I'm not a mod there.

>> No.3703335

>>3703332
I don't care about mods. The point is that name isn't said so it can't be found and taken down again, and according to this thread you have a big mouth.

Besides even if you had a name you couldn't register.

>> No.3703338

>>3703335
It's okay, I could get in there if I wanted to. Thing is, I've kind of drifted away from retro gaming. So I won't bother.

>> No.3703348

>>3703338
My point is that crying over the death of UG on a public board is like admitting you were part of the problem.

>> No.3703351 [DELETED] 

You people need to be on retrowith.in

>> No.3703352

If you want to be on the successor site just ask about it in /ptg/ on /g/. That's where I learned about it.

>> No.3703353
File: 54 KB, 786x585, Underground Gamer.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.3703359

Are the people running the new site the same people who ran UG?

>> No.3703362

>>3703335
>The point is that name isn't said so it can't be found and taken down again

Which is fucking retarded because when UGG did get shut down they had it posted ON THE HOME PAGE on how to get into the successor site. Literally all you had to do was hang around on the forum they told you to enter for about a year and get an invite making it possibly even easier to get shut down again. Really wish the admins would just realize that keeping this fight club tier shit is only causing progress of an actual revival to stagnate and that if someone really did wanna shut it down again they already could.

>> No.3703369

>>3703324
>There is a successor site, but the first rule is not to mention its name on public internet.
>UG went down because people were talking about it too much and someone from EA was able to register and saw all those shitty sport games from the 90's in there.
It's cute that you think your private tracker is safe. They've all been infiltrated by various copyright enforcers.

>> No.3703370

>>3703369
He's also forgetting that part of the reason UG had such a massive collection of hard to find stuff was because of their openness allowing people who had some super rare game in their attic easily join and upload it there.

>> No.3703372

>>3703370
It always amuses me so that private trackers are completely defeating the point of torrents in the first place.

Yes, it's a fantastic idea to host files of metadata that are designed to be as decentralized as possible in a central location!

>> No.3703374

>>3703372
I'm fine with private trackers when they're mainly made as a form of quality control and to ensure something that wouldn't really get seeds on piratebay do have some but it's just absurd to have one of a very niche thing that requires complete community support and hearsay to be acting like a secret society in fear of getting shut down again when they made it piss easy to get in again in the first place. They had the perfect opportunity to come back with a bang but fucked it all up creating a site that's just a super duper secret emuparadise.

>> No.3703375

>>3703374
I'm on it and I have no complaints. I mean, what do you really expect out of a retro gaming related private tracker?

>> No.3703378

>>3703375
>I mean, what do you really expect out of a retro gaming related private tracker?

An actual successor to UG rather than a site that's getting so little support it's been on a sitewide freeleech for years. I really hope I get proved wrong in the future but right now I'm just disappointed in how the admins are too paranoid about it being shut down causing any progress to take forever.

>> No.3703381

>>3703372
Yet secret club trackers just so happen to survive much better than fully open ones, or places like Demonoid that relax their security over time.

>> No.3703382

>>3703378
The content is good. The freeleech doesn't bother me at all. Might be good for them to recruit from some cabal trackers but for the most part I believe those that belong there will find their way there. I already gave people in this thread a good hint but nobody put in any effort to follow it. Now I will go to bed without helping anyone out.

>> No.3703386

>>3703374
That's not even mentioning that it's incredibly trivial to get things from other sources than private trackers.

>>3703381
>Yet secret club trackers just so happen to survive much better than fully open ones
Sure they do. Tell me, how are Oink, What, Waffles, Underground Gamer, and BitGamer doing these days?

I was a member of all of those sites and all of them died. Meanwhile, TPB and ExtraTorrents are still kicking, as is Emuparadise. Even places like PSPIso are still around.

>> No.3703390

>>3703382
>I already gave people in this thread a good hint but nobody put in any effort to follow it.
I am interested but if you're going to pull the "sekrit club we do not mention we only flaunt it over peoples head" then of course i'm not losing any sleep going after it

Either post the name or don't
>>3703386
pssst
What.cd is still alive

>> No.3703392

>>3703386
At what cost did it take for TPB to stay up? I mean, they hunted the fuckers responsible for it's creation down all the way to Cambodia. Not every private tracker owner has the kind of resources to run something like that. It's not just about legal problems but also the cash it takes to keep the servers going. What's opsec obviously worked because no user data was seized. They stayed up for quite a long time. This took money and knowledge beyond what is accessible to your average private tracker owner. For most niche sites it's better to stay smaller and under the radar. This also means the people responsible for running them can have something that resembles a personal life rather than spending all their time trying to scale a fucking torrent tracker that they earn no fucking money off of.

You can complain about "secret club" mentality all you want but at the end of the day if you don't like it you need to stop bitching and do it better. If you're an expert on what the torrent site experience should be why haven't you cloned gazelle and got to work on it?

>> No.3703396

>>3703390
What.CD died a month ago.

Meanwhile, Demonoid is still alive despite being a "private" tracker. Hmm, it's almost like it's harder to shut down trackers that are open than it is to shut down trackers that are private and closed.

>>3703392
>For most niche sites it's better to stay smaller and under the radar.
Except that's completely pointless since ALL trackers have been infiltrated, both public and private. For private trackers it's never a matter of if but rather of when. Open trackers are much harder to take down since they can be easily cloned. Trackers never host any actual copyrighted content, they only host metadata.

BitTorrent was designed to be a decentralized protocol and the longest-lasting and most successful trackers have followed suit.

>You can complain about "secret club" mentality all you want but at the end of the day if you don't like it you need to stop bitching and do it better.
I'm not bitching, I'm pointing out that it's a fundamentally flawed concept and history backs me up on that.

>If you're an expert on what the torrent site experience should be why haven't you cloned gazelle and got to work on it?
There's zero need to. Anything Gazelle has is available elsewhere without needing an invitation or seed ratio rules.

You just like to think that your private tracker is somehow safe, when it's anything but.

>> No.3703397

The bullshit thing is I downloaded and uploaded quite a bit on UG. I don't socialize, just share and seed, so when sites like them shutdown but I hear that they came back in secret and you only know about that through going to the forums or irc, it pisses me off. I want in on the new site but it's probably too late. Fuck.

>> No.3703398

I used to love underground gamer, and I know about the new site, but what good does it do me? I don't have an invite, and I don't know anyone who does.

I used to upload/share quite a bit on UG like >>3703397
but I also didn't socialize, but I contributed.

>> No.3703401

>>3703396
It died but the user data wasn't seized. Nobody cares about Demonoid. It's a shit site and you would have a hard time selling an invite to it for a dollar. You can talk up garbage sites all you want based on pure longevity to make yourself feel better for being unable to climb the ladder but it fools nobody. It's great that the people behind these sites choose to risk their future so you can download YIFY rips. It means very little to anyone who has taken the time to get on sites that are worth a shit though.

You can spread all the FUD you want too. Everyone knows any torrent activity exposes the IP of the client. People who are on private trackers have seedboxes, VPNs, or at the very least simply don't care because they know they are far less likely to get DMCA'd when using private trackers. It happens occasionally. I saw it happen on Torrentleech about 5 years back. It's never happened to me because I have a seedbox.

Unless I do something stupid like upload pre release DVD screeners I wouldn't be aware or even need to care if these trackers are infiltrated by any government agency. Only the guys at the top need to worry about that.

>> No.3703402

>>3703398
Go on their IRC, go to the invites channel, explain your situation, then wow, you just might find yourself on the other side.

You'll be asking yourself "gee, why did I ever think that was so hard?"

>> No.3703405

>>3703402
What's their irc? I'm >>3703397. I never socialize online but I'm willing to ask them like you recommended. Thanks.

>> No.3703406

>>3703402
I'll give it a try, thanks. But I think my point still stands, plenty of contributing users got left out without a second thought, and I feel like it might have harmed the new site in terms of growth.

>> No.3703407

>>3703402
>Go on their IRC

what's with fucking torrent trackers and fucking IRC

why can't they use something people actually use for communication??

>> No.3703408

>>3703405
irc.r****with.in

figure it out

>> No.3703410

>>3703407
Like what, Reddit? What kind of retro gamer are you?

>> No.3703412

>>3703407
I'll never understand that either anon.

>> No.3703414

>>3703408
I think I know what word it is based on a quick Google search. If I go and ask them, is there a chance I'll be denied since I'm technically not allowed to speak its name because it's a secret?

>> No.3703418

>>3703414
When I explained my situation they were a little annoyed that I heard about it somewhere public but they let me in.

>> No.3703420

>>3703401
>You can talk up garbage sites all you want based on pure longevity to make yourself feel better for being unable to climb the ladder but it fools nobody. It's great that the people behind these sites choose to risk their future so you can download YIFY rips. It means very little to anyone who has taken the time to get on sites that are worth a shit though.
You're really grasping for straws here. As stated above, I've been a member of several private trackers and all of them have died. Gazelle will be no different.

>You can spread all the FUD you want too.
I'm attempting to educate you on the reality of the situation. If you know about certain private trackers, what makes you think that copyright agencies and federal investigation agencies don't? They have access to far more information than you do.

>Everyone knows any torrent activity exposes the IP of the client. People who are on private trackers have seedboxes, VPNs, or at the very least simply don't care because they know they are far less likely to get DMCA'd when using private trackers.
The likelihood is similar for public and private trackers. If you truly desired privacy when pirating, you would be using Usenet and/or direct download websites.

By the way, RuTracker has been around for over 10 years and is doing exceptionally well. Imagine that, an open tracker that's alive and well while private trackers continue to make the same mistakes again and again.

Well, as they say, like lambs to the slaughter.

>> No.3703421

>>3703418
I don't see why they'd get annoyed. Even now there's a ton of results on Google outright saying their name on Reddit and some /vr/ archive.

>> No.3703426

>>3703421
>>3703418
I have to go to bed, I'm >>3703406
(I have work tomorrow)
But I will try tomorrow evening. I hope it works. Thank you for the information dude, I mean it.

>> No.3703429

>>3703420
>You're really grasping for straws here. As stated above, I've been a member of several private trackers and all of them have died. Gazelle will be no different.
Gazelle is an open source torrent tracker project, many private trackers use it.

>I'm attempting to educate you on the reality of the situation. If you know about certain private trackers, what makes you think that copyright agencies and federal investigation agencies don't? They have access to far more information than you do.
I pretty much alluded to this, https://torrentfreak.com/fbi-busts-movie-industry-insider-for-dvd-screener-leaks-160228/ if you're a dumbass and do something that will make them actually care about you then you're going to get busted. Nobody is trying to arrest me for seeding old SNES games.

>The likelihood is similar for public and private trackers. If you truly desired privacy when pirating, you would be using Usenet and/or direct download websites.
It doesn't really matter to me either way. I haven't heard of any seedbox owners getting sued. When that day comes I might reevaluate the situation. I'd join another scene group before I paid for usenet or used shitty DDL sites though.

Also rutracker, lol.

>> No.3703431

>>3703406
>>3703418
I'm >>3703397, thanks to the anon who gave us tips to get into the new site. Hope the other anon who contributed to but didn't socialize like me on UG gets in, good luck. Going to bed as well.

>> No.3703432

>>3703429
>Gazelle is an open source torrent tracker project, many private trackers use it.
Its source code has nothing to do with what I said.

>Nobody is trying to arrest me for seeding old SNES games.
You aren't going to get arrested for seeding the latest episodes of Game of Thrones either. At worst you'll get a copyright warning from your ISP, assuming they even send those out. Crackdowns are made against the trackers themselves, not seeders and leechers.

> I'd join another scene group before I paid for usenet or used shitty DDL sites though.
Right there you've proven you're an idiot. Scene groups don't release their work on torrent trackers, their work ends up on torrent trackers due to people who leak the content from elsewhere.

>Also rutracker, lol.
Scared of a little Russian? RuTracker has quite a lot of content, not that you'd know.

>> No.3703436

>>3703432
You spoke of Gazelle as if it was a torrent site. It was amusing.

I know scene groups don't release on torrent trackers. I've been in many of them over the years.

I have no need for rutracker because I have superior private trackers.

>> No.3703464

Thanks OP you've ruined the holidays

>> No.3703473

but more importantly
Is IBM - PC Compatible redump set on there?

>> No.3703623
File: 256 KB, 978x1058, UGtab01.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3703312
Me too. Looks like OP got more than what I did when I made a similar thread a month ago in finding out about the successor.

I think I understand the clues one anon is dropping, but I realize I will have to beg, and there is the possibility as I do beg I can just as easily be found out and ruined, so I guess it is not worth the trouble trying to enter the secret club.

Should I repost some tabs? Or is that twisting the knife?

>> No.3703628

>>3703332
>>3703324
>>3703335
https://retrowith.in/

They went full retard by the way, there's not even 1% of the original content there due to them being adamant about staying off radar.

>> No.3703632
File: 202 KB, 978x981, UGtab03.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3703473
I swore I had that on one of these DVDs I burned ... but likely the older set from a long time ago, and nothing as recent as OP's nor the new successor.

>> No.3703646

>mfw snesorama.us was a great underground ISO downloading utopia

>they got scared after some bill was introduced in the US so they deleted all their servers

>last I checked the community were trying to rebuild the collection

top kek

>> No.3703676

>>3703646

I thought they only hosted on medaupload and since that went down they were fucked

>> No.3703690

>>3703628
>due to them being adamant about staying off radar.

Or maybe due to ungrateful people like who spent more time begging, complaining, and trying to make sure the site goes down, than contributing

>> No.3703693

>>3703676
That ocurred after I believe.
There was no reason to delete the thousands of threads dedicated to each game with summaries and screen shots.

All you had to do was reupload each game and change the link in OP.

>> No.3703695

>>3703646
I hope they get fucked over again

>> No.3703715

>>3703695
Just checked.
It's dead now I think.

>> No.3704256
File: 243 KB, 1140x1046, Underground-Gamer_tab01.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

On the successor site, is there a newer version of this torrent? As I am still using the ones from this collection. I think there's probably new additions now like a "talkie" version of Monkey Island 1&2 for ScummVM where they pulled the audio from the newer Special Edition releases.

>> No.3704262

>>3704256
Complete ScummVM 1.8.0 Collection

>> No.3704287
File: 621 KB, 1007x1049, BGtab03.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3704262
You made me go "crap!" and I looked around ... 1.9.0 now it appears (2x upload bonus too at this time) ...

Now I gotta get my ratio up a bit to be comfortable downloading this -_-.

>> No.3704313

>>3703436
>You spoke of Gazelle as if it was a torrent site. It was amusing.
Because it is one. The software it uses is a different matter and is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

>I have no need for rutracker because I have superior private trackers.
You claim to have been in several scene groups and yet you willingly choose to acquire what you pirate from private trackers instead of further upstream. Your claims are spurious at best.

Aside from that, if private trackers were truly superior to public ones, they wouldn't be constantly dying, now would they? RuTracker was just an example. There are a wide array of public trackers out there that have been running for longer than any private tracker, but I suppose that it's just a coincidence that torrent trackers without a single point of failure don't die.

>> No.3704319

>>3703690
So you lock those out as well as with the people who could contribute. Fantastic logic. I might as well upload to Piratebay then.

>> No.3704960

>tfw 7tb of UG content and nowhere to upload it

>> No.3704979

>>3703397
I never socialized either and still got in by just following the instructions they posted on UG when they announced the shutdown. All I did was lurk the forums and then ask for an invite when their successor launched and got in.

>> No.3704982

>>3703436
>You spoke of Gazelle as if it was a torrent site. It was amusing.

Gazelle Games you dip.

>> No.3704983

>>3704982
I didn't say Gazelle Games though. I said Gazelle. You know, this: https://github.com/WhatCD/Gazelle

>> No.3704986

>>3704983
Maybe I just can't read for shit but I thought you guys were arguing over what Gazelle was because one of the posters listed it in the sites that can and will shut down in the future and someone mistook them as talking about the tracker project.

>> No.3705057

>>3703632
is there any way someone could share the magnet for this?

>> No.3705063
File: 175 KB, 815x979, adult games.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3705057
That's not how private trackers work.

>> No.3705110

>>3703312
Da why I use emuparadise.

>> No.3705114

>>3704313
Gazelle is the software the site is running on you retard

https://github.com/WhatCD/Gazelle

>> No.3705136
File: 356 KB, 640x480, 15541.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3703312
Former UG member here, how in the fuck do I get into the successor site? There was nothing like UG, no other tracker has come close.
>mfw nearly all of the dedicated gaming trackers are dropping like flies

>> No.3705138

>>3705136
Beg on IRC
Get a referral

>> No.3705227

>>3705136
You realize it's a waste of time even after getting in and just go join something like pleasuredome instead.

>> No.3705448

>>3705138
what fucking channel

>> No.3705462

>>3705448
irc.retardwith.in

>> No.3705492

>>3705227
Pleasuredome is elitist as fuck though. You have to seed for WEEKS before even being able to SEE what's in the big torrents.

Turns out what I wasn't looking for wasn't in any of them, even the so called "complete" packs, and I just wasted my time.

>> No.3705523 [DELETED] 

>>3705492
Huh? Why would you need to see what's in a torrent? You sound like a fucking leecher.

>> No.3705528

>>3705523
Yeah, I should just blindly going to seed shit, bad dumps and incomplete "complete packs".

>> No.3705530

>>3704960
just upload it to the pirate bay. It'll be forever accessible that way, no need to worry about the tracker dying because it has DHT.

>>3705063
Posting retrowithin screencaps will get you banned.
Yes, they are monitoring 4chan threads.

>>3705492
>Pleasuredome is elitist as fuck though. You have to seed for WEEKS before even being able to SEE what's in the big torrents.

It's not a bad practice though, if you are incapable of seeding back a torrent, then you shouldn't be allowed to download it.

>> No.3705550

I guarantee there's nothing on the UG successor that you can't get elsewhere on the Internet. Actually, there's probably very little that was on UG that you can't find elsewhere too.

archive.org alone has tremendous amounts of /vr/ shit for the taking.

>> No.3705594

>>3703324
>There is a successor site, but the first rule is not to mention its name on public internet.
What a load of toss. If people were to actually do that they would be doomed to die in obscurity. The absolute wankers.

>> No.3705595

>>3705523
Huh? Why would you ever download a torrent without knowing it's contents? You sound like a fucking fool.

>> No.3705709
File: 16 KB, 772x510, Unt11itled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3703676

>> No.3705714

>>3703676
I spent years telling people Megaupload was a retarded filehost and to not use it.

Now who's laughing!

>> No.3705858

>>3705714
It was fantastic when it was alive though. It allowed you to download huge files without jumping through too many hoops. Files had a long life there. I downloaded many xvid dvdrips of movies just by googling the filenames and finding them on megaupload. That's not really a viable strategy anymore.

>> No.3705860

>>3705492
but that's not even true

>> No.3705878

Probation torrents huh? I don't think this semen slurping tracker is for me.

>> No.3705935

>>3705530
>Posting retrowithin screencaps will get you banned.
>Yes, they are monitoring 4chan threads.
2edgy4me, then.

>> No.3705980

>>3704256
Pleasuredome has Complete ScummVM 1.9.0.

>> No.3706189
File: 450 KB, 1010x1050, UGtab05.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3705980
Yep, exactly where I looked, and now I am trying to seed while it is 2x, but no takers as I'm probably the last to want it.

>>3705530
>Yes, they are monitoring 4chan threads.
Hello, can I get an invite. Loved your previous sites, I miss them.

>> No.3707043

>>3705550
UG was the starting point of a lot of things though. Just an example but I had uploaded a very obscure Jap exclusive survival horror there that was nowhere to be even heard of on western internet, and suddenly afterwards everyone was talking about it and it was everywhere.

>>3705530
Except Pleasuredome is asking to seed for weeks BEFORE being able to even see what the big packs even have. That's treating people like babies, and the reward for putting up with that isn't even that good.

Funny how you pretend not to understand what I'm saying and all you have to say is "lol you probably don't seed". I'd be complaining about all public trackers if that was the case, not just pleasuredome, and I certainly wouldn't be defending UG.

>> No.3707053

>>3705550
>>3707043
Let me give you another example now.
I was looking for another specific Jap game.
There was a torrent on UG's successor but no seeders, so I filled a request.
Meanwhile, during an entire month I searched everywhere on the internet for that game, and I mean everywhere, even Jap sites, spent countless hours, etc

At the end I had just given up, when the original UG uploader of that torrent pack registered on the successor site and re-seed it after the request.
That thing was nowhere to be found except there. And it certainly wasn't "everywhere to be found" and definitely not on Pleasuredome "complete Jap packs".

>> No.3707057

>>3707043
>Pleasuredome is asking to seed for weeks BEFORE being able to even see what the big packs even have

no they don't

>> No.3707073

>>3707057
>1tb + megapack
>can't download it if you ratio isn't high enough
>description doesn't say what it has
>forum post doesn't say what it has

Yes, they do

>> No.3707076

>>3707073
you can like click at "Show/Hide Files" you know

>> No.3707368

>>3707053
what game?

>> No.3708236

>>3703312
>nostalging for the 2010's
kek

>> No.3708240

>>3708236
7 years

>> No.3708245

>>3707053
Good job not telling us the name of the game.

I bet if you would, we could find it easily.

Full packs for nearly every console systems are out there for years now, some by multiple different groups as well. Only shit like 3-person-played-it-in-total north Korean Commodore 64 titles are "obscure" today.

>> No.3708359

>>3708245
Of course console games are common.

It was probably a jap retro pc game you mong

>> No.3708370

>>3708359
>It was probably a jap retro pc game you mong

Which is not difficult to find either as long as you search at the proper place.

>> No.3708398

>>3708370
A bunch of jap games haven't even been properly ripped yet.

>> No.3708415

>>3703324
I have every single torrent, every single pack, downloaded and backed up on physical media.

I'll never share it with anyone though because it could retroactively threaten UG. Have to keep it hush.

>> No.3708429

>>3708398
>A bunch of jap games haven't even been properly ripped yet.

Yeah, they only have normal bin/cue rips that work fine, instead of full autismo Redump rips which are identical other than the single audio track offset by three bytes.

>> No.3708432

>>3708429
Sometimes those three lacking bytes are what's keeping the entire game from syncing properly. This thing matters.

>> No.3708436

>>3703324
You know I could gamble it was probably because of people thoughtlessly uploading GOG.com purchases for their precious ratio.

>> No.3708452

>>3708432
>Sometimes those three lacking bytes are what's keeping the entire game from syncing properly.

lol, no. That's only an issue if you use iso/mp3.

>> No.3708459

>>3708429
>Redump

Holy shit redump fucking sucks, if theyr rips wherent useless alrady, they even got the metadata all wrong just to confuse people even more

goddamn is that group useless

>> No.3708465

>>3708459
>they even got the metadata all wrong

Do you have any examples?

I think you are confusing them with Tosec.

>> No.3708472

>>3708465
No its redump, dont know Tosec

>> No.3708497

>>3708472
again, you have an example of bad metadata?

>> No.3708503

>>3708497
yes, but im not helping those guys, i hope they keep the false data

>> No.3708623

>>3708503
that's mean. you should try to help improve the world imo

>> No.3708704

>>3708429
He's talking about obscure games that never even got a rip you ding a ling. For fuck's sake this board alone ended up being the first to rip two Javanese games no one else bothered to.

>> No.3708719

>>3708623
they're rippers, fuck em

>> No.3708720
File: 606 KB, 1304x565, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Question for people inside the new tracker.

Did someone continue the maybe-intro pack?

>> No.3708819

>>3703312
I can't claim nostalgia for that particular site, but I adore that kind of web design.

>> No.3708832

>>3708245
If I tell the name of the game, I lose anonymity.
It was the Jap version of an American Saturn game. I was interested in digging the differences between the different releases of the game.

I can assure you wouldn't have found it either, unless you moonspeak and know of all the shaddy Jap sites.

>> No.3708861

>>3708832
Nice dodge
>it's totally obscure and you'd never be able to find it

>> No.3708904

>>3708861
It's not an obscure game actually. For some reasons nobody thought the Jap version of it would be of any interest.

>> No.3709031

>>3708832
>If I tell the name of the game, I lose anonymity.
are you serious right now? why even worry? what even are the consequences?

it's a game, someone is bound to have heard about it.

>> No.3709292

>>3708832
>It was the Jap version of an American Saturn game. I was interested in digging the differences between the different releases of the game.

Yeah, pretty sure it is dumped then. Other than a handful of never-actually-released-in-store discs, they are all dumped.

>> No.3709312

>>3708832
>It was the Jap version of an American Saturn game

Wait, they finally managed to dump the JP version of Scorcher? Could you upload it to Mega and post the link here?

>> No.3709314

>>3708503
I don't mean a specific example, I'd just like to know how it is bad. Like is it a mistranslated title or did someone submit a bad dump as good, or what.

>> No.3709316

>>3705492
They have a Folding@Home incentive scheme that can help you get credit even if you lack the bandwidth.

>> No.3709914

>>3708832
>It was the Jap version of an American Saturn game.

Between the redump, trurip, and darkwater sets (all of which are available on pleasuredome), there's not really any jap Saturn games that aren't dumped.

You couldn't name a jap Saturn game I don't have on my hdd right now, that isn't some alt dupe, a demo cd, or shit like "sega Saturn internet vol.2".

>> No.3710373
File: 153 KB, 750x750, pls respond.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3708720

>> No.3710385

>>3704319

Your torrents would still be alive.

Private trackers are cancer to the filesharing community. Whole reason BitTorrent exists and now dht exists, is so that it's impossible to take down any central source.

People just want to be in a secret club and we end up with massive catalogues of stuff disappearing.

Obscure shit like retro games are one of those things that really need to be on public trackers because they are so niche and a community will seed them so others enjoy the content.

>> No.3710396

>>3703401

Not everyone lives in a dumb country like America and have copyright laws that are sane.

You can use a VPN if you live in a dumb country. Seedboxes are just to whore ratio on private trackers.

Besides if we are taking about retro gaming there is little to no risk. It's not worth copyright holders time.

Most game trackers go down because people are uploading new shit which copyright holders do care about.

>> No.3710412

>>3704313

I'm sure he's a kid who joined a private trackers 'scene' who effectively runs a script to re encode a movie or music to a more compressed format or whatever

>> No.3710419

>>3703407

I believe it has to do with the origin of filesharing taking a large part on IRC fserves and being a method of sharing ftps and stuff.

IRC is just a solid method of communication, it just works.

>> No.3710428

>>3703410
>>3703412
>>>/out/

Or did you want a discord server?

>> No.3710430

>>3710428
>>3703410
meant >>3703407 not >>3703410

>> No.3710568 [DELETED] 

alright my dudes, all this talk about file sharing has made me want to create my own shit. I have a thing setup here: beanz-stuff.pw and I want a few of you dudes to test it out. It uses bittorent as I'm a fucking retard and can't afford server space right now.
please (^:

>> No.3711004

>Usenet Master Race checking in

>> No.3711036

>>3711004
>paying to pirate

I might as well just buy originals.

>> No.3711082

>>3711036

> Paying for a VPN
> Paying for Usenet

People will defend this.

>> No.3712693

>>3708832
Still waiting for someone to name this mystical rare jap Saturn game.

>> No.3712703

>>3712693
Shit niger let it go, you already owned that guy

>> No.3713329

>>3712703
I don't even care about that, I'm actually genuinely interested in what was that uncommon Saturn title. Because there are a bunch that would fit the bill, like Rayman or Courier Crisis.

And if it's Scorcher, then I actually do want the copy that was posted there.

>> No.3714720
File: 947 KB, 1008x1034, UGtab07.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3708236
Not OP, but even I nostalgia for things being better than how they are now for me.

>> No.3716269

I'm trying to download the no intro roms for NES, SNES, Genesis, and N64 for my EverDrives coming in. Where can I get them? Not a member of any video game private tracker, only video/movie/etc private tracker.

>> No.3716290

>>3716269

Go to the emulation wiki scroll all the way down and look for a link called: "ROM/ISO Sites"

>> No.3716308

>>3716290
Emulation wiki?

>> No.3716339

>>3716308
Looks like people that can't google No-Intro sets also don't read the sticky. Hmm...

>> No.3716360
File: 18 KB, 373x373, 1467590073458.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3716339
What a bitch. I never thought to check the sticky in years. Thanks anon.

>> No.3716513

>>3711036
>he doesn't abuse free trials
Shame I cant abuse that 7 week unlimited downloads one with 7 years retention anymore.

>> No.3718236

>>3708240
I appreciate 7 years is a substantial portion of your life. But still. kek.

>> No.3718241

>>3708832
>If I tell the name of the game you'll know I'm a bullshitting baby
FTFYK

>> No.3718250

>>3710373
Not really sure what maybe intro is but the latest thing I see is dated 2012.

>> No.3718257

>>3705492
What were you looking for?

>> No.3718304

>>3718250

Yep the group from underground gamer stopped when the site died.

GGn has the last collection from 2012, but i wanted to know if someone that was maintained the releases perhaps got in the new site and started to update again.

Maybe-Intro is a project dedicated to the preservation and cataloging of ROM hacks and especially the fan translations of video games.

>Maybe-Intro is inspired by the No-Intro project. They provide information to identify the good ROM images and eliminate the "garbage" (bad dumps, hacks, fakes, etc.). But there are some treasures among the garbage and the ROM hacking scene deserves to be preserved too. Maybe-Intro aims to testify the same care and love which are already given to the original video game media toward their amateur modification counterparts.

>The Maybe-Intro project intends to preserve the latest version of complete or almost complete fan translations and the best other types of ROM hacks. Thus are provided DAT files to identify the well patched ROM hacks and their original documentation thanks to a ROM manager. There is a DAT file per system and per language of translation and so for the hacks. The DAT files respect the following standardized convention.

>> No.3718315

>>3718304
>Maybe-Intro is a project dedicated to the preservation and cataloging of ROM hacks and especially the fan translations of video games.

Just go to romhacking.net then.

>> No.3718319
File: 1.97 MB, 380x285, 1423086363441.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3718315