[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 155 KB, 1024x768, garagesale.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
368901 No.368901 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /vr/tualboys, I was wondering if you ever had any great finds at a garage sale.

>> No.368938

I got a nes with two controllers and all the cables for 5 bucks.

>> No.368962

Fallout 2 for $2. I passed on Fallout 1. A small regret, because now I cannot enjoy Fallout 1 since 2 is Fallout 1 on cartoon mushrooms.

Turbo GrafX 16 for $10. Yard sale hosted by the Addams Family. Creepy silence from the host and the man who I believe was her son. They didn't even return my greeting.

I think those were my only HOLY SHIT finds, because I got other systems for much more at other sales in years gone by. Many of my other fortunate finds were from flea markets and shady media stores.

>> No.369049

Nothing super amazing. Best find was probably a top-loader NES with about 30 games for $40.

Also a SNES + Genesis with a bunch of RPGs (Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana) for $40.

Oh, and a N64 with just the cords (not even a controller) for 75 cents.

It seems to be getting harder and harder to find stuff.

>> No.369097

>>369049
Because it's all been sold already. Or junked.

I missed an Intellivision in the box because the faggot running the yardsale sold it to a guy who arrived ten minutes early, when the ad said NO EARLY BIRDS. To date, I have still never laid eyes on an INTV, and I have the intellivoice module and two dozen games.

>> No.369162

i never find shit at garage sales...ever

swapmeet or goodwill on the other hand?

gameboys for less than 5 bucks at the swap, 15 buck snes and genesis, only huge miss out was a N64 in box some asshole reseller grabed before me.

looked at me when he saw the loss in my face

"hey if you want to buy this from me give me your cell and after I get home we can make a deal"

"oh after you try and fuck me for ebay prices on shit I JUST SAW YOU BUY from goodwill for 20 bucks? Go fuck yourself"

"hey man I found it first"

"hey how about I go tell the manager he is selling a 100 dollar item for a 5th the price?"

"fuck you man your just jealous" and he walked away

I really wish my hobby wasn't so god damn cut throat and expensive

>> No.369201

Once picked up a box of star wars PC games for like 5 bucks. It was amazing.

>> No.369205

>>369162
You say cutthroat, but you didn't tail him home, beat the shit out of him, and rob him.

Just stick around /vr/. I foresee great things coming down the line. At least, if we can get BST threads running.

>> No.369219

>>369162
At least your Goodwill has something. The only thing I've found in the past 3 fucking years was Afterburner for the SMS for 7 fucking dollars. $7 for an old video game at Goodwill.

I would have bought it, too, out of joy of finally finding something, but the case was empty.

>> No.369239

>>369219
that blows dick, I know of a few the same way but fuck if I ever give them business

I am happy to find a snes or genesis game that isn't SPORTS every fucking time, I only found 3 which were SMW, DKC, and tetris 2 (holy fuck that game is bad)

>> No.369272

>>369239
>tetris 2
but... i love tetris 2...

>> No.369834

Earthbound minus everything but working for $3.

NES with box and a bunch of good games for $5.

Both around 5 or 6 years ago probably. No really good finds in a while. All I usually can find now are third-party controllers for NES, common as fuck games like SMB1, or "retro" PS2 games that are all shit, trashed, and overpriced.

>> No.372823

I see no garages being sold, scammer

>> No.372896

I went today and found fucking NOTHING.

It's a shame since my best friends wife found a N64 atomic purple controller for 3 dollars a week ago and DIDN'T buy it. I was asleep when she called...

I'd love that shit.

>> No.373001

>>368901

Just one more week, I can't wait.