[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 101 KB, 250x174, 250px-BAR_gamebox.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
368281 No.368281 [Reply] [Original]

Anyone else have this? This game was great. I always loved those racing games on N64

Also, was Crusin USA good? I really really loved the arcade game, is the N64 version pretty similar?

>> No.368326
File: 33 KB, 400x270, holden_special_vehicle_adventure_racing.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Fuck yeah, Beetle Adventure Racing.

This game was/is rad. I liked the challenge of collecting all the crates and still coming in first.

>Dat bassline
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMihEPtp8HA

Also pic semi related
Aussie custom version with different cars.

Cruisin USA was pretty average if I remember, Cruisn World was better but still nothing special.

>> No.368565

I rented Beetle Adventure Racing as a kid and fucking loved it. I picked it up in a retro game store a few years ago but haven't really played it much. It was still pretty fun though.

Cruisin' USA on the 64 was fun but I found it fairly rage-inducing on harder difficulties.

>> No.368575

This game was originally created as a Need For Speed game for the N64, just before the new Beetles came out, VW greased EAs palms to change the game to it's current state.

>> No.368616

Aw yeah I still own this game. It kinda aged badly though, that framerate...

Also wasn't there a way to activate items, or at least boost boxes in normal races in multiplayer? Can't find a way to do that anymore. Maybe it's something you have to unlock?

>> No.369081

>>368326
holy shit this is real

>> No.369095

Cruisin' USA is great on N64.
And yeah, BAR is nice- those air ramps

>> No.369142

>>368326
Oh god that song.
Hundreds of hours spent in that game.

>> No.369158

awesome game. too many secrets