[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 128 KB, 1024x768, diablo-2-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3632528 No.3632528 [Reply] [Original]

So after playing a little fallout 4 (having never played any in the series) I decided to start from the bottom as Drake would say and I download Fallout 1 and 2, then on a classics binge I got Diablo 1, 2 and the expansions.

I have a really shit computer, it's a 10 year old Toshiba and even Sims 2 was impossible to play on this. But these old school games actually work, so can I get suggestions for games like this?

>> No.3632539

How about MechCommander? It has the isometric view of Fallout and Diablo, the sci-fi and tactical aspect of Fallout and the real-time action of Diablo.

>> No.3632573

Do you like RTS's? There's plenty to choose from. Age of Empires, Command and Conquer, Total Anihilation, just to name a few.

Old-school CRPG are another good choice. Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment.

>> No.3632620

>>3632528
Try the Spiderweb software games, all of them are RPG's that feature a tactical battle system and well detailed story.

Exile is their main series which you can definitely run, Avernum was their remake of that series which I mainly recommend and I'm 80% sure you can run. The other spin-off games like Nethergate and Geneforge are more hit-and-miss.

Personally I'd try out Blades of Avernum and see if you like it, then go from there. They offer a very generous demo on their website.

>> No.3632625

I love Fallout. A perfect game for a homosexual male like me.

>> No.3632667

>starcraft
>warcraft 2
>age of empires 1 and 2
>heroes of might and magic 3

>> No.3632668

>>3632528
Jagged Alliance 2 if you want Fallout with less RPG and much more tactical combat.

>> No.3632778

Master of Orion 2
Heroes of Might & Magic 3
Commandos
Worms: Armageddon
RollerCoaster Tycoon
Civilization 2

>> No.3632857

>>3632528
Not really similar to what you've got on your hands right now, but Thief 2 might actually run on that thing. Once knew someone who had an even older computer, and it somehow ran fine in software mode.

>> No.3632943

In additions to those above, go Alpha Centauri, Dungeon Keeper (with keeprfx) and perhaps you can run Etherlords II.