[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 12 KB, 320x224, Ristar_final[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.3609843 [Reply] [Original]

Is Ristar considered a hardcore game?

>> No.3609848

Back in /vr/ times, the terms "casual" and "hardcore" weren't really a thing yet.

Maybe "hardcore" was used here and there, but definitely not as a mainstream word as it's used nowadays. "Casual" wasn't even used at all, I only started seeing casual being thrown around vidya forums around 2003 or so.

As for Ristar, I think it's one of those games that can appeal to everyone, except edgelords because the game is too colorful and has kiddy characters.

In terms of sheer difficulty I remember it being more on the easier side, but I should play it again.

>> No.3609852

>>3609848
if you want to 100% complete it (get the "real" ending and everything), it is a decent challenge.

Pretty much on the same level as a perfect-chaos emerald sonic 1 run. Maybe a little bit harder.

>> No.3609864

>>3609852
>perfect-chaos emerald sonic 1 run

What's this means? Finishing Sonic 1 with all the 6 emeralds? because I actually thought that was really easy, in fact it was the only Sonic games I could finish with all emeralds as a kid, for Super Sonic on 2 and 3 I used cheats.

Maintaining 50 rings without getting hit on the last 2 zones of Sonic 1 can get a bit challenging with the amount of invulnerable enemies, etc. But you can get all 6 emeralds by Spring Yard Act 2.

>> No.3610645

>>3609848
>I remember it being more on the easier side

Playing on hard gets quite tough by the ice world and then you can unlock a mode where you can't be hit not even once which is insane.

>> No.3610648

Yes. Now back the fuck up.

>> No.3610767

>>3610648
no sequel ever

>> No.3610784

>>3609864
You can get all emeralds by Green Hill 1 because of the game not resetting your emerald count when you reset.

Doesn't work on emulators of course, so you wouldn't know about this trick.