Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

If you can see this message, the SSL certificate expiration has been fixed.
Become a Patron!

/vr/ - Retro Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 1.14 MB, 2100x1506, supersmashtv.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3604303 No.3604303 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

ITT: awesome Western retro vidya

>> No.3604329
File: 22 KB, 407x124, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3604329

>>3604303

>> No.3604345
File: 78 KB, 320x240, Rush 2 - Extreme Racing USA (E) (M6).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3604345

>> No.3604367

>>3604345

fuck yeah. best way to play this game was to use gameshark cheat for enhanced car damage and turn on death race mode in options (no respawns). it turns the game into road rash with cars.

>> No.3604375

>>3604303
I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR

>> No.3604382
File: 109 KB, 320x212, 25.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3604382

Western retro vidya sucks in general, but I guess I enjoy some of Rare's stuff

>> No.3604394

>>3604303
>>3604375
I LOVE IT

>> No.3604396
File: 212 KB, 800x1006, unreal tournament.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3604396

>> No.3604409

>>3604345
tHIS

>> No.3604413

>>3604382
Console peasant.

>> No.3604654

>>3604413
except I posted an arcade game retard

>> No.3605298
File: 67 KB, 512x400, 0001.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3605298

>> No.3605683

>>3604654
I think he is trying to imply that only console peasents get the impression that "western retro vidya sucks in general".
I'd agree with him, you underage.

>> No.3605693

>>3605298
OH NO THE NARC MAN

>> No.3605831 [DELETED] 

>>3605683
nah you just have shit tastes, PC gaming is also trash except for maybe a few titles

>> No.3605840

>>3605683
nah you just have shit tastes, PC gaming is also mediocre except for maybe some late 90s titles, in arcades western games were a fucking joke compared to japanese games, Midway's garbage was just poor man's Sega

>> No.3607175

>>3605840
Anon was right, you're a peasant.

>> No.3607410

>>3604303
>awesome western retro vidya
Does not compute.

>> No.3607413

>>3607175
No, Western retro is trash and nobody wants to pay real money for it on the market, unless it's some rare game.
Sorry nobody wants to pay more than $10 for that loose copy of Planescape:Torment, fàm.

>> No.3607414

>>3605840
This.All day, everyday.

>> No.3607416

>>3605840
>nah you just have shit tastes,
>PC gaming is also mediocre except for maybe some late 90s titles

You are really not in a position to be talking about other people's tastes being shit.

>> No.3607418

>>3604303

>> No.3607419
File: 194 KB, 640x450, Tempest.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3607419

Western and made by one guy who used psychology and pigeon testing to make it as addictive as possible. If Tempest came out in 2016 it would be regarded by /vr/ as indie trash.

>> No.3607446
File: 122 KB, 1024x768, soulblighter.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3607446

>>3604303

>> No.3607651

>>3607416
>>3607175
>muh graphic adventure
>muh planescape torment
fuck off with your 90s movie-game trash retards

>> No.3607660
File: 4 KB, 550x385, netturnintozruty.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3607660

>>3607651
I have never played Planescape Torment, that game looks bad and PS was a shit D&D expansion. Congrats trying to call other people retards when that's all you can come up with though.

>> No.3607729

>>3607660
roguelikes are even worse retard, randomized design is fucking garbage

>> No.3607731
File: 18 KB, 407x266, BlackthorneSNES.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3607731

been playing this recently, not very far in because I suck but its pretty fun. its like abes oddysee but a little more action-oriented

>> No.3607734
File: 26 KB, 500x300, Homeworld.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3607734

>>3607729
Do you really think a childish response like that is supposed to make your point more convincing? Or is this just a console kiddie pantomime to bump the thread with bait?

>> No.3607738

>>3607734
congrats you finally posted the one genre PC isn't completely shit at!

>> No.3607745

>>3607738
You are truly infantile.

>> No.3607751

>>3607745
and you truly autistic over a shitty platform 2bh

>> No.3607757
File: 2 KB, 48x97, Joe-moon1.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3607757

>>3607751
What have I said that makes you think I'm autistic? Because I pointed out PCs had many great games in the 90's? Or because I pointed out that you saying "retard" and " randomized design is fucking garbage" is at best a weak troll attempt and more likely just immature shitposting.

>> No.3607815

>>3607757
>What have I said that makes you think I'm autistic?
the part where you get triggered because someone doesn't like your shitty western games to be quite exact

>> No.3607836
File: 167 KB, 266x155, kofoS9LAF8.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3607836

>>3607815
I'm not triggered, I don't care if you like roguelikes or not. You're the one who can't even say why you think they're bad without just throwing around meaningless buzzowords like faggot and garbage and how other people have "shit taste"

>> No.3607843

>>3607836
>implying stage randomizer isn't garbage game design
>implying the 90s moviegames have good gameplay
you are this desperate aren't you

>> No.3607850
File: 116 KB, 257x159, maiY1qa4e09o1_400.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3607850

>>3607843
>implying stage randomizer isn't garbage game design

Saying you don't understand why a long running and popular genre is good really doesn't help your case.

Referring to movie games I have never even mentioned doesn't help either.

What am I even supposed to be desperate about? I'm just finding it funny that you can't make a decent argument to save your life.

>> No.3607865

>>3607850
>muh popularity
guess you are an avid call of duty player too, but even those are better than crappy roguelikes anyway, which are jjust a bunch of brainless games with no careful thought put into the stages, random messes are garbage compared to actual deliberate and smart level design.

>avatar fagging
this is fucking sad, kys nigger

>> No.3607869
File: 256 KB, 500x375, Mortal_c69119_1775807.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3607869

>>3607865
You write like a 12 year old having a fit.

>> No.3607882

>>3607869
that's all the effort westiefaggots deserve

>> No.3607897
File: 2.61 MB, 320x224, space-harrier-boss.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3607897

>>3607882
I just like all manner of games. Console, PC, eastern or western, new and old. You're the one going to great lengths to try and say the kinds of games you don't like are bad but not being able to articulate why in a meaningful way.

>> No.3608189

>>3604303
An oxymoron if I've ever seen one.

>> No.3608462

>>3607413
>it needs to be rare and sought after to be good
Oh, you're one of THOSE people.

I was a fool for thinking someone would be actually into videogames because they're fun and enjoy them.

>> No.3608551

>>3608462
People on /vr don't enjoy video games, just collecting.

>> No.3608883

>>3607757
>What have I said that makes you think I'm autistic? Because I pointed out PCs had many great games in the 90's?
Yeah.

>> No.3608913

>>3608883
>PC haes no gaems!
This is an 18+ board, friend.

>> No.3608930

>>3604303
>Western
>PAL

lol

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action