[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 30 KB, 512x447, earth.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
358604 No.358604 [Reply] [Original]

So I started playing Earthbound for the first time, and man, it's pretty interesting. I'm only at the first city, but it already has an atmosphere I've never really seen in an RPG before. It's just normal everyday life, feels so homely. Seems kinda hard though, I probably just suck though.

Anyway thoughts on Earthbound?

>> No.358634

I emulated it. I wish I had played it as a kid;I could only imagine the nostalgia I would have for it if so.

But although I loved the atmosphere and style, I don't have enough spare time nowadays to play such primitive basic turn based RPG mechanics especially when there is no combat animation and encounters are high.

>> No.358654

Wait, "homey" or "homely"?

Also, I've never emulated it, but doesn't the EB ROM have some variety of DRM on it that makes the game SUPER hard? Regardless, it was hard for me at first too.

>> No.358651

I enjoy how you don't have to keep fighting enemies significantly weaker than you and can just instantly kill them without combat.

>> No.358662

I kinda enjoyed how your HP would gradually tick down after you took damage, giving you the chance to recover from (what would otherwise be) a fatal attack.

>> No.358684

One of these days I'll finish the game.

>> No.358675

>>358634

I'm not a huge fan of RPGs or turn based fighting either. I'm worried I won't want to finish the game since I find that gameplay kinda tedious. For now though like I said the atmosphere is really likable and calming.

And yeah, the game feels like it would make for amazing nostalgia.

>> No.358693

question: did Ness get his magic powers from the meteor, or did he always have them? I thought it was kinda cool if he was just a normal boy that got magic powers one day, but I don't know if that's how it worked.

>> No.358754

>>358675
If you are emulating it on Znes, you can assign a fastforward key to your pad to speed up the battles.
After you level up enough, most battles (minus the bosses) can easily be won by simply bashing the enemies so fastforward key is your friend here.
>>358693
The story implies he always had latent Psi powers, but the entire Giygas ordeal forced them to awake.

>>358604

The cheap 1950's cartoony style (UPA and such) is what make the game so memorable and cozy.

>> No.358762

>>358604
I really love this game, even though I never had the chance to play it on a real console. It isn't that hard if you grind a little, and once you do it one time, you rarely have to do it again, you keep getting progressively more powerful.

If you've played any of the Dragon Quest games, you'll know what I'm talking about.

>>358654
Doesn't homely mean, like, "gross" or "unkempt"?

I think he mean homey. It's calming and peaceful, and the towns have that small-town feel. Hell, the entire game does.

>> No.358828

>>358762
>I think he mean homey.

I think the word is "Cozy" as the towns are very nice and inviting.
Must be all of that green.

>> No.358847

earthbound was pretty fuckin amazing, I'm kinda glad I didn't play it as a kid because in the early 90s I wanted rpgs with a more fantasy setting.

>> No.358892

I just beated it for the first time yesterday...
Don´t read the following OP
Giygas kicked my ass till I realized I had to make Paula pray, then when I went at it again, when the praying stops working, how much damage do you have to deal until you the player pray for Ness and the Gang? cause I almost lost again, till I prayed again of pure desesperation after a solid hour or so off bashing Giygas without any progress and when he flashed and Ness died all of a sudden, well it was a great shock of oh no, again?, but then the prays and there game over, great experience overall

>> No.358909

>>358892
The prayers during the final confrontation are a fucking awesome tearjerker and a complete minduck.

>> No.358924

>>358762
>>358828
https://www.google.com/search?q=define+homey&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=hay&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&sclient=psy-ab&q=define+homely&oq=define+homely&gs_l=serp.3..0l3j0i30.3626.3626.0.3990.1.1.0.0.0.0.351.351.3-1.1.0...0.0...1c.1.8.psy-ab.NnEb1IkE7D0&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.44770516,d.eWU&fp=248c264d06671336&biw=1920&bih=917

https://www.google.com/search?q=define+homey&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Huh, he would've been right either way.

>> No.358949

>>358924
Well, I copied my URLs instead of THE ACTUAL FUCKING DEFINITIONS.

I AM BECOME RETARD, DESTROYER OF INTELLIGENCE

hom·ey
/ˈhōmē/
Adjective
(of a place or surroundings) Pleasantly comfortable and cozy.
Synonyms
homy - domestic - homelike - home - homely - cozy - cosy

home·ly
/ˈhōmlē/
Adjective

(of a person) Unattractive in appearance.
(of a place or surroundings) Simple but cozy and comfortable, as in one's own home.

Synonyms
plain - simple - unsightly

>> No.358969

>>358684
You should finish it anon.
Things get interesting after summers.

>> No.358979

>>358909
It's funny because prayer is fucking useless throughout the game.

>> No.358993

It feels homely during the first half then goes becomes steadily more foreign and uncomfortable as you go on

most likely part of the theme.

>> No.358997
File: 38 KB, 825x559, short end of the deal.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Isn't giygas an aborted fetus?

>> No.359443

>>358993
Homesickness is a recurring and debilitating condition for Ness. Yeah, I think there is a major theme of alienation. As both distance and time grows, you just lose your sense of self. And eventually, even if you go home again it just can never feel like it used. What with the permanent midnight and invading aliens marching through the streets.

>> No.359450

Comfiest RPG ever made. Relaxing and fun, really good atmosphere, really good script.

>> No.359457

>>358997
Giygas is rape incarnate. Literally.

>> No.359462

>>359450
Some of the best music in any game as well.

>> No.359472

>>359465

>even if they did this it wouldn't get an english release

>> No.359465
File: 45 KB, 165x180, 1348105643243.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I really wish Nintendo would re-release these games.

Not port them, but remake them. Remove the copyrighted shit they are afraid of and replace them with something else.

A 3-in-1 would be nice.

>> No.359467

>>358997
Fuck whoever first invented that theory.
It's terrible and doesn't make sense at all.

>> No.359475

>>359472
I still own my Japanese copy of the Mother 1+2 GBA port. I can't read a word of Japanese, but I still own it.

>> No.359481

>>359475

I'd really like to own that. I have the cart for Mother 3, and stumbled through it about four times in Japanese, then got a flashcart when the translation came out and played through that a few times, too.

>> No.359497

>>359475
Got 1+2 and 3, all with box and manual. 3 is pretty user friendly to non Japanese speakers.

>> No.359520

If Nintendo is so desperate to stay out of court, why don't the fans try to sue Nintendo for "depriving the public of a significant artistic work"?
Think about it. A lawsuit would cost NOA even if they won, so would probably get to work on a re-relase because that's the only chance they would have at not getting sued

>> No.359556

>>359520
I somehow doubt that that is a legitimate grounds for a lawsuit. If it were, Lucas would have been in court a decade ago. Even the Library of Congress rejected the Special Editions.

>> No.359575

Kinda neat.

It has a very unique feel to it that few games can match - a sort of quirky, but grounded fantasy world.

Game mechanics are your nearly completely standard run-of-the-mill turn based RPG, but the non-random encounters are nice. Hasn't aged well, but solid enough to be playable.

Damn shame we'll never see a release of Mother 3 in the US.

>> No.359587

So I assume it's some sort of copyright issue that Nintendo doesn't touch this game with a 50 foot pole? I wouldn't be surprised if it's the constant Beatles namedroping and referencing that most of the music is a homage that dips into the actual songs a bit.

>> No.359586

>>359520
Courts don't work like that.

And even if they did, what are they denying "the public"? No English version of the game officially exists, so there's nothing to deny.

>> No.359591

I'm playing it through for the first time, I'm in Happy Happy Village right now. Music's awesome, atmosphere's awesome, gameplay's awesome, characters suck dick so far. I hope it gets better when I meet the other three.

>> No.359602

>>358993
>It feels homely

Homey not homely

different words

>> No.359609

>>359591
>characters suck dick so far
Bitch, the fuck did you just say?

If you mean Paula and Ness specifically, well, they are your standard RPG characters. They don't have much overt personality during the game. Things change later. Things change in big fucking ways later.

>> No.359607

>>359591
There's hardly any character development amongst your party. It really is just an adventure and experiencing wacky sites an people.

>> No.359623

>>359520
Do u evn law?

>> No.359625

Earthbound seemed to have a cool premise, but why did the battle system have to be so soul-crushingly bad? Fucking Dragon Warrior I had a better battle system.

>> No.359641

>>359587
Japan got a re-release for the Wii U.

>> No.359643

>>359625

What exactly was it that you thought was so bad about it? It's a Dragon Warrior reskin. The rolling HP is the only difference.

>> No.359654

>>359625
I feel very lucky that Earthbound was my very first RPG. I didn't learn that term until I played Super Mario RPG. The battle system is bland but, because it was my first, I'll never be able to find it boring. Plus, the fact that the encounters weren't random was/is fantastic. How the fuck is it that RPGs STILL have completely random encounters to this day?

>> No.359708

My first playthrough of Earthbound came when I rented it from the local video store, someone had started a new game and saved right away and never touched it. They're favorite thing? GORKS. It will always be PSI GORKS to me. I'm going to start a playthrough with my daughter now that I got my Super NES running again.

>> No.359705

To me Earthbound is a game with a really cool atmosphere and stuff, but I don't like the gameplay. As others have said, I find the battle system pretty boring. I guess the game is charming enough though, but I don't totally love this game.

>> No.359714

>>359643
I'm >>359625. I'm being hard on it. It's really not that bad. The battle system just feels out of place. I didn't get very far in the game (I beat the first boss behind some shop), but it seemed like the number of available battle options would outgrow the simple battle interface. It felt very slow even with emulator turbo. I don't know, I might give it a chance again someday.

>> No.359726

>>359641

Japan seriously gets everything Nintendo-wise. Marth and Roy were supposed to be Japan exclusive on Melee. I would have been very ass-angered if that happened.

>> No.359735

>>359726
Fire Emblem wasn't even a thing in the US back then.

>> No.359736

I wouldn't know.

I've never made it past the titan ant.

>> No.359740

If you haven't done the boss fight in the first town, now is a good spot to just grind out an extra level or 3.

It will give you greater leisure probably straight throughout the second town.

>> No.359745

>>359735

True, but Mother wasn't really well-known in the US when they put Ness in the original SSB, right? I wouldn't have known then 'cause I was too young.

>> No.359751

>>359745
Earthbound was one of the first ROMs I ever downloaded on shitty 90s third world internet, spurred by a mixture of curiosity from Smash Brothers 64 and gaming magazine press about the 'upcoming' Mother 3 N64 version.

>> No.359763

>>359465

Fuck, why play an inferior version when you can just emulate this shit?

>> No.359768

I feel like I'm doing something wrong. It seems like to progress I have to beat Frank, outside the arcade right? But he just totally destroys me every time. Are you supposed to grind a lot? I think right now I'm level 5.

>> No.359769

>>359465

What copyrighted stuff is in Earthbound?

>> No.359771

>>359768

If you find the treehouse, you can get a pretty decent hat that should help you survive his attacks. I think it's to the west of the library, there should be a kid you can talk to that mentions it.

>> No.359781

>>359768
Use Lifeup and Shield, assuming you have them. Bring a fuckton of Hamburgers otherwise.

>> No.359797

>>359769

Google it, kiddo. It's too much to list here. There are entire web pages devoted to it.

>> No.359813

playing through earthbound right now at twitch dot tv slash retrocommando if anyone wants to watch.

>> No.359817

>>359797
Can you give us some examples?

I think there are songs created by persons that didn't work in Nintendo that made it into the game.

But that's all I know so far and I might be wrong.

>> No.359846

>>359817
They sampled the shit out of the Beatles and other 60's music.

>> No.359868

>>359768
You get PSI Awesome at level 8. I usually grind on Sharks until then, and never have to grind the rest of the game.

>> No.359905
File: 88 KB, 400x315, ness.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ness was a badass kid. You know a kid who would would take a fucking BAT to another kid's face?

>> No.359945

>>358604
I just beat it right now - it's a really great game.

It's honestly the only game I've ever known to affect the player - I'm not saying it's life changing... but it makes you feel better about yourself. It's really sweet.

Throughout the journey you see some horrid stuff - stuff that's inexplainable - but whenever it comes time for the end, you notice the beautiful contrast between terror and joy...

>> No.359953

Is there any way to change text speed during the game? I set it at "medium" at the start, big mistake.

>> No.359957

>>359953

When you're choosing a file, it should give you options, alongside continue and delete.

>> No.359982

>>359953
Reset the SNES (after saving)
Go to your file.
Continue Copy Delete SetUp
Go to SetUp.

>> No.360043

is anyone else as interested in the philosophy behind this game besides me? i know the fetus thing is bs but just the concept of this game being a coming of age story and the philosophy behind it is so interesting. oh and...

fuck pokey

>> No.360058

>>359945
Dude, how many other games have you, post-final boss walk your girlfriend home, and almost every npc has new dialogue, congratulating you or some other little bit. It's just such a nice cap on the game. And yeah, that final boss fight, if you were lucky enough to not know about it. I was.

The hospital theme from Earthbound is one of my favorite vidya songs ever. I can't think of a single other game that has a fucking dub reggae track! Amazing, really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRoYtaccmFI

>> No.360080

>>360043
don't watch this movie until after you're done
www.youtube.com/watch?v=g75RSbIc5FM

>> No.362153

>>358654
The game was programmed with something in that in mind, to prevent bootlegging.
The game would warn you about piracy, and how you're bad person as it booted up, the game would spawn more enemies, and the game would freeze and delete all your saves just around the final boss.

The game would do this if it didn't detect a chip that was in all licensed Nintendo cartridges at that time, the bootlegs would not have these chips, so the game was programmed to dryfuck you in the ass because it wasn't present.

Emulators will bypass it, but you can trigger it if you know what memory address to look for, and what value to change.

Personally, I really enjoyed Earthbound, fun as fuck game. Was too hard for me though, so I ended up cheating the first time around, still darn fun though, as the atmosphere and style of the game is more enjoyable than the gameplay itself.

>> No.362164
File: 1.72 MB, 2344x2600, dic-k-jokes.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>360043
>fetus thing is BS

What? About how you basically travel back in time to abourt Giygas before he was born? The place where you fight him looks like a womb (and for some reason has your face in it). I think Giygas hadn't even been born yet in the very first game.

Pic unrelated.

>> No.362165

is it true that emulated versions of earthbound are intentionally harder as some form of copy protection? Have I been playing a lie? Was all that grinding NOT in the real game, or....?

>> No.362168

>>362165
See >>362153

>> No.362203

>>362165

Nah, emulated versions are fine.

>> No.362736

Where do you get money in this game? everything is pretty expensive and i only have like 3 bucks

>> No.362778

It doesn't have anything to do with copyright. I thought that for a while, and then I learned a lot about copyright law...not for this, but for the profession I'm in.

I've listened to what people think is copyright violations in Earthbound and it's all stuff that would fall under fair use and the rights holder would have a tough time making its case.

If anything, it's just nintendo not wanting to release it in the US. Look, they didn't release Mother 3 here. Nintendo obviously doesn't think either game is worth re releasing in the U.S.

>> No.362787

I found it strange Nintendo didn't do anything with Ness after Super Smash bros. That game definitely skyrocketed the popularity of his character. before then most people had no idea who he was. i bet tons of people played earthbound because of smash bros. especially because he was the last character to unlock in the original

>> No.362816

>>362778

I'm not sure what profession you're in, but it obviously isn't recording industry related. I can assure you that sampling recordings of songs owned by entities which aren your company and using said samples in a product being designed and sold for profit is in no way whatsoever "fair use".

>> No.362828

>>362816

Please explain why hasn't there been a lawsuit already?

>> No.362850

>>358604
It's an ok game, in all honesty the more you analyze it tho the more your perception of it will degrade since it's pretty average so I'd say you go finish it before showing your face around here or else it will feel bland when you go back to it.

>> No.362879
File: 14 KB, 260x282, jigglypuff.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>362164
> I think Giygas hadn't even been born yet in the very first game.
Giygas is the final boss in the first game

>> No.362883

>>362736
You withdraw it from the ATM.
Your dad puts money in your account every time you win a battle.

>> No.362912

>>362164
You never played Mother all the way through, did you?

>> No.362924

>>359520
I should try to sue hot girls for depriving my dick of being sucked.

>> No.362983

I still feel like I'm doing something wrong. I'm now level 7 and the enemies keep destroying me. It always seems like they get to attack before you, so it's tough to heal yourself because they kill you before you get the chance. Seriously, is there something I'm missing? Like another partner or something? I just feel like there's something I'm not doing. Or is the game really this hard?

>> No.363052

>>359905
I did once, to protect my little brother from some bullies. But I hardly walked the streets with a bat in hand beating up animals, old ladies, and crazy hippies like our boy Ness did.
>inb4 2edgy4me

>> No.363063

>>362983
things get better at level 8 once you learn Psi <whatever>

>> No.363059

Played on Zsnes when I was 13. Am 22 now, so the nostalgia is pretty strong. All through 7th grade art class my projects all revolved around Earthbound haha. Love this game, has an amazing soundtrack. Paula's Theme was my ringtone for a long time. And yes, I only found out about it because of Smash Bros. 64. This game has definitely left an impression on my adult psyche.

>> No.363061

>>362912
>>362879
I never actually played the first one.
I'm probably remembering something I heard wrong or something.

Basically, my big brother had gotten an NES emulator at some point, along with a bunch of games.
One of them was Earthbound (the first one).

I think it was 2spooky4me at the time, because all the enemies were creepy as shit, the SNES one rung better with me, the graphics being more cartoony.
I could never get very far in the SNES one either, because I wasn't very good at videogames as a kid, but I still enjoyed it.

I'm a lot better now though.

>> No.363097

>>362983
It's not easy but once you survive Peaceful Rest Valley it's more smooth sailing. Plus the insane cultists in Happy Happy Village are easy exp, so grind on them before beating Carpainter (they disappear after).

>> No.363102
File: 65 KB, 400x291, secretofevermoreboxe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>358604
>Anyway thoughts on Earthbound?
It is an overrated mediocre RPG with humorous characters and dialogue.

pic related, it's an underrated awesome RPG with humorous characters and dialogue

>> No.363116

>>363102
>It is an overrated mediocre RPG with humorous characters and dialogue

Ironically, that's how I feel about Secret of Evermore.

>> No.363114

>>362164
The "womb" is just a creepy intestine-like chamber. Looking organic makes it creepier and unsettling, which was the entire point of the final boss.

Porky specifically mentions that Giygas had gone insane to the point where he doesn't even have a physical form, and that's why he was in the Devil Machine. It has to take place after Mother 1.

And he was the main villain of the first game, too.

>> No.363125

>>363063
>>363097

I just think it's odd to require a fair amount of grinding this early in the game. Again, unless there's something I'm missing.

>> No.363129

>>363125
No the beginning of the game is pretty bullshit.
Once you get to Happy Happy Village it stops being idiotic with the grinding.

>> No.363140

>>363116
Except the overrated part, since most people bash the game...

>> No.363143

>>363125
Itoi is ruthless. That's nothing, try playing Mother without the easy ring. I didn't

>> No.363142

>>363116
You are entitled to your wrong opinion

>> No.363156

>>363143
I'm happy the games progressively got less terrible with the difficulty curve and grinding.
The only time Mother 3 pulled that was the second Fassad battle.

>> No.363176

>>363156
They basically didn't get around to balancing Mother at all. There are some quotes about it if you google easy ring.

>> No.363247

>>363156
I disagree. Masked Man is extremely hard to beat when you face him shortly before going to New Pork City without PK Ground, which NO ONE would be anywhere near getting by leveling normally.

>> No.363263

>>363125
Did you grab the Mr. Baseball cap from the tree fort? That should give you some needed defense.

>> No.363284

>>363263

Yep, I did.

I guess I'll try to get to level 8, then face frank. And buy a lot of hamburgers i guess

>> No.363287

I tried Earthbound once, was too bored with it to get anywhere.

>> No.363297

>>363284
I'm warning you now that despite what people are saying, Earthbound is pretty grind heavy in places. Before Frank especially, then it takes it easy for awhile. It picks right back up again later in the game though.

>> No.363329

>>358604
Play M1 or you wont get the plot

>> No.363338

>>363156
The Jealous bass and optional boss Mr opera-whatever where pretty tough

>>363176
Its balanced except for the last dungeon, and its not that difficult if you just run away from normal enemies, just like in M2 actually.
Easy rings is for pussies.

>> No.363348

>>363284
You'll have plenty of time to grind trying to get those fucking golden starmen to drop the sword of kings. And those little blob guys to drop whatever Jeff fixes up into the gaia beam. Be prepared to spend AT LEAST 2 hours trying to find each item. I only managed to get them once each.

>> No.363362

>>363348
>You'll have plenty of time to grind trying to get those fucking golden starmen to drop the sword of kings
No one should ever do this (specially in a first playthrough), it takes hours and the sword is useless.

>> No.363418

>>358693
Always had them.

>>359591
The story is not character centric, or not Main characters centric anyways
Most stuff in the plot happens behind you (you can piece it together tough)

>>359625
Nothing bad about it, just too easy

>>359769
Dali´s clock and tons of music

>>360043
>i know the fetus thing is bs
You are already better then 90% of the fanbase

>>362850
> the more you analyze it tho the more your perception of it will degrade
The opposite is true, M2 is very simple in its surface.

>>363114
>and that's why he was in the Devil Machine.
Nope, Gygas has lived inside that machine (which is part of his spaceship) its whole life

>> No.363498

>>363418
I thought the Devil Machine was only used to contain him once his power got too uncontrollable and he went off the deep end.
It was actually a part of his ship?

>> No.363542

>>363498
Play M1 and you can see in the final fight how he appears as his rises from the ground.

Gygas is like the central brain, the organic part of a super computer that uses the apple of wisdom (that ball with Ness face in it) to predict the future but still needs organic input (Gygas).

>> No.363545

>>363542
as his spaceship rises*

>> No.363553

>>363329

dis nigga serious?

>> No.363562

>>363553
Quite serious.
You simply wont get Gygas motivations without playing it and will think its just a red mess of evil who just wanted to invade earth for the lulz

>> No.363592

>>363362
Well, Pop can only equip those special items meant for him. Completions sake, ya know?

>> No.364429

Ha, I was playing, and the dad called and said that I should take a break. Didn't know games did that back the. Since I'm playing on an emulator with save states, the game will think I'm playing for hours at a time

>> No.366097

I think I might be at the point where I'm giving up this game. I beat Frank, got to the top of the foot thing, then beat the policemen to go to twoson. And it just seems like I'll have to constantly keep going back, dying, healing, leveling up, just to progress through any area. I probably just suck at games like this, I've always been pretty bad at RPGs. But this game feels more about trying to be strong enough to get through an area...than actually getting through them.

It's tough because I LOVE this game's atmosphere and style but I'm just not feeling the gameplay much. Any thoughts? Is the game worth seeing if I'm not crazy about it's battle system? Does it ever get a little less tedious, because I hear it's particularly bad at the start?

>> No.366250

I don't remember, does the Onett stage in Melee, is that actually accurate in terms of how it represents earthbound? or was it just some random buildings?

>> No.366265

Will the game become any cheaper?

>> No.366307

>>366097
It gets much easier once you have more characters in your party.

>> No.366312

>>366265
I doubt it will happen any time soon.

>> No.366326

>>366097
Peaceful Rest Valley is the worst part of the game, it's the last part before you pick up #2, Paula and is the hardest area you have to face alone. The UFO's don't help either.

If you can get past this part, it's smooth sailing.

>> No.366410

>>359625
>Pokémon

>> No.366458

Best game ehvur

>> No.366490

>>366250
I feel the Onett stage kinda gives a good feel of Earthbound. However, I don't feel the same about the Fourside stage, at all.

>> No.366512

>>366326
>the hardest area you have to face alone.

Well, for me it was Magicant, far ahead in the game, but that´s just me of course, loaded dice I despise you!

>> No.366520

>>366490
Threed and Fourside start easing you out of your comfort zone. Fourside (night) especially gave me the feeling of being 10 in a large city, bright lights and noise everywhere, hobos running up to you yelling HEY BUB. I feel uncomfortable during it, and I like that feeling.

>> No.366547

>>366512
You should be sufficiently levelled at that point that you can handle things on your own. Plus there's Flying Men in Magicant.
There's no one to save you in the valley of the Dead who are Grateful.

>> No.366539

>>366520
> Fourside (night)

You mean Moonside

>> No.366575 [SPOILER] 
File: 19 KB, 1276x720, 2010-10-09-181620_2720x900_scrot.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>358604
As others have said, that's the hardest part of the game. For me, the game's difficulty actually feels like a sine wave. It's difficult then easy then difficult again, etc. etc. Not as hard as that part, but still pretty up and down.

I enjoyed it back at release. Played it again last year. Seemed just a little lacking but definitely charming.

Pic related: You will never be as happy in your life as Ness is right there.

>> No.366614

>>366547
>Implying Flying Men do shit
I see your point tough, guess I was not optimally equipped either, but I breezed to most of the game. including Peaceful Rest Valley, so being alone again, and have my ass handed to me by that damn dice, and carefree bomb man, geez I was at 85 lv, maybe just bad luck Ness´s Nightmare also One hit K'O me with a Flash, bad luck, bad equipped, my bad

>> No.366641
File: 198 KB, 1004x457, earthbound.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just saw this on amazon. what the fuck, $20,000?

>> No.366704

>>363156
The only time I had to really grind in M3 was for the FIRST Fassad battle. By the second one, I had Lifeup Omega (which, just like Earthbound, makes the game become piss easy).

>>363102
Earthbound was good. Secret of Evermore was also good.

>> No.366707

>>366641
Sellers using Monsoon or similar auto-pricing software that lists inventory. This means they don't actually have it in stock but they list literally every title possible (usually) and what they don't have in stock the software uses a "placeholder" price so that the seller can reexamine it later. Probably in a day or two they'll adjust the price to the average of the top 3 prices. If they don't have in stock, they'll drop ship from a lower priced seller, and keep the profit. Keep in mind they're probably doing this with hundreds of transactions in a month -- that's how they make the money, not on individual sales.

source: this is my day job, except not with games.

>> No.368932

>>358979
If by useless you mean "often hinders you," then yeah, I agree.

>> No.371174
File: 64 KB, 250x150, GigyasBuysSausage.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just started the second chapter in Mother 3.

Does anyone else wish comboing was a little more visual? In the Mario RPGs, you could see when Mario is about to hit his enemies, so you knew when you press A. In Patapon, there are multiple cues for when you press the buttons. The music, the pulsing of the fever worm and lines around the screen....

I'm only managed a 4 combo so far, but I guess I'll keep hypnotizing and listening to those heart beats.

>> No.371183
File: 202 KB, 894x1000, 1359880049631.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>371174
>combo
I always thought that was a rumor.

>> No.371201
File: 182 KB, 537x759, PokeyRobot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>371183

No, it's legit, I've been trying to look up some info on it. Some random guy said that it doesn't detect your hit when your press the button, it detects it when you release it.

I hope that's not true though, that sounds retarded.

>> No.371207

>>371174
Part of the problem is the emulation. It doesn't sync up properly.

>> No.371270

Mother 3 is better.

>> No.371275

>>371174
You gotta listen to the music, mate.

>> No.371293

>>371270
Not really.

Mother 3 felt really segmented and repetitive with its progression.

>> No.371305

>>371293
Mother 3 was better.
This is a fact.

>> No.371338

>>371305
For what? Adding in the shittiest timed hits system known to man? For creating an inferior cast? For having generic and cliche plot structure?

Earthbound was better, no question.

>> No.371398
File: 161 KB, 438x335, 1349842853606.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>371338
>Earthbound was better, no question.

>> No.371413

>>371338
1. Just because you suck at rhythm doesn't mean the hits system was bad
2. Mother 3 had a MUCH better cast than Earthbound
3. Are you honestly trying to tell me that Mother 3 has a worse plot than Earthbound? Mother 3 actually had some backstory and purpose. In Earthbound a bee just told you some bullshit and OH BETTER GO ON AN ADVENTURE. Characters were also more fleshed out and introduced better in Mother 3, the writing was a lot better, and the general tone of the game was better.

>> No.371512
File: 45 KB, 600x500, Pokeyminch.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>371413

This rhythm thing isn't absolutely essential for beating the game, is it?
I looked a youtube video, looked for info online, and got Dusty to use the hypnosis.

So, I sit there listening to the thumps, but can only see to manage 2 combos, if I'm lucky. I probably just suck, but I don't remember other rhythm games being this much of a pain in the ass.

>> No.371521

>>371512
The timing for some of them is a pain I agree, but I remember getting routinely16 hit combos for most of them.

>> No.371537

>>371512
If you're playing on an emulator, forget about it. The combos just don't work.

>> No.371551

Fuck
Should I play Earthbound Zero? I played Earthbound but never finishd and I always kept asking myself if I should play Mother 1 or not

And then I ask myself if I should use the easy patch or not, because the griding really takes the shit

Then I wonder if I should play the NES version or the GBA English translation done by the guy who did the Mother 3 translation

FUCKING HELP MY MIND

>> No.371558
File: 159 KB, 500x500, Paula.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>371537

Oh ok. I'll just think of it as an extra challenge and make sure to keep a lot of healing items on hand. At least things should still be pretty fun.

>> No.371561

>>371551
Don't use the easy patch. I really do not understand why people think mother 1 is hard. Use fast forward and you won't notice the grinding.

However, if you do not like old school RPG's with limited options and graphics that I would call mid to low teir for NES, then don't play it. It really doesn't add anything to the overall experience.

>> No.371562

>>371551
Oh, and I started Mother 1 so many times I can name all the characters with no fucking problem. I used to have to look it up
I never finished it
I don't know what to starton
Fucking horrible feeling so fuccking horrible you have no fucking idea

>> No.371568

>>371561
NES or GBA version

GBA has shit sound but accurate translation apparently.

>> No.371573

>>371568
GBA version. It has the included ending the american version added, plus the slightly more literal translation which includes some feels that were taken out.

>> No.371579

>>371551

slightly related

Am I the only one here who played Earthbound Zero when someone bought the cartridge and put it online? I played it in Nesticle on my old computer and it was awesome

>> No.371580

>>371551
Earthbound zero really isn't all that good

it's pretty much a beta version of earthbound... everything that it did, earthbound did bigger and better.

>> No.371586

>>371579
No but I remember using Nesticle
Oh man

I like ZSNES probably because of it's interface that reminds me of Nesticle.

>> No.371595

>>371579
Fuck that shit

Am I the only one who bought Earthbound when it was released
in stores

I don't have the box anymore because I used to keep all the boxes in a bag in the closet and shit happens but come the fuck on

>> No.371597
File: 174 KB, 305x320, steveballmerrrr.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>371595
How else would people nostalgia about it if they didn't buy it new?

>> No.371662

>>371656
You have never left the city have you?

>> No.371656

I envy some of you who are playing it for the first time
It really is an awesome game
It has such a great atmosphere
It's funny how what Japan thinks is America is actually far from the truth. It'd be nice if I lived in a nice little neighborhood with no roads and I could just walk down an alleyway into a big bustling town with small shops and shit like that

>> No.371660

>>371579

Can't remember if it was around dumping time but I played it many years ago, gave up after getting lost in a big factory dungeon. I need to give it another play.

>> No.371684

>>371662
That's Ness' home
No American lives like that
It's a fantasy

>> No.371713
File: 35 KB, 448x336, HouseDirtRoad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>371684
Right here in america.

>> No.371718

>>371580
It's similar and dat grindan but it's really it's own game in itself

Earthbound I'd say is better

>> No.371723

It's funny how this will always be a cult game because Nintendo of America is a bunch of retards and they don't want to put this in their virtual console even though it's obvious people are going to buy it.

How hard is it to put it on the virtual console? They have NOTHING to lose

>> No.371730

>>371713
That's rural while Ness seems to live in a small collection of houses close by

Then theres hills and shit to go through

I'd rather live there but I can't imagine a place like that existing IRL except for rich people. Also it's America so the hills would be guarded to protect children and there'd be a ramp for motorscooters

>> No.371737

THAT HOMLEY ATMOSPHERE
THAT COMFORTING MUSIC
THOSE WARM SOUNDS WHEN YOU LEVEL UP
THOSE LOVABLE CHARACTES

WHY CAN'T WE ALL LIVE THERE

>> No.371746

>>371737
;_;

Fuck trilogies, you wish there would be more of it always

>> No.371750

>>371730
He lives next to one house. But the rest of your comment kind of makes me believe you don't even live in america.

Also, we could then also argue that scale in rpgs is always off. Earthbound the areas indoors are always much larger than they appear on the worldmap indicating the discrepancy. So those couple of houses in the middle of the woods really could be a few miles away from ness's house despite how long it takes him to get there.

>> No.371762

>>371750
From onett*

>> No.371769

>>371730
Move into a suburb by a lake or woods or some shit
Not a collection of cookie cutter houses like many of them have become

>> No.372032

>>358693

Going by Earthbound Zero it was inherited.

Ninten is the grandson of Maria and George who looked after Giygas when his ship crashed on Earth. He taught them PSI as a conditional thanks for their hospitality but was ONLY for them to use. I guess when people started inheriting PSI and shit Giygas got pissed at George and Maria for breaking their promise.

>But thats Ninten, what about Ness?

Earthbound was essentially a remake of the first game that never made it to the states. For all intents and purposes they are the same person. I actually remember reading an interview with Itoi that said this but google fails me at the moment.

>> No.372041

With all the stories I hear about ROMs for EarthBound, I get the impression the ones on public mirrors may be sketchy.

Does anyone here have a clean one they're certain is good, or one they made themselves?

>> No.372060

>>371174

Youre supposed to time your hits to the rhythm of the game but if youre emulating the internal timer wont be accurate.

>> No.372668 [DELETED] 

>>372032
>Ninten is the grandson of Maria and George who looked after Giygas when his ship crashed on Earth. He taught them PSI as a conditional thanks for their hospitality but was ONLY for them to use. I guess when people started inheriting PSI and shit Giygas got pissed at George and Maria for breaking their promise.

What a mess lets see...

Gygas ship did no crash on Earth, George and Maria were abducted.
Geoge stole the secrets of PSI thats why Gygas invades earth in M2, he didnt teach them anything.
M2 is not a remake at all, Itoi just plays with the player a little, its clearly a sequel. Itoi confirms its a sequel in fact.
There are also big hints that buzzbuzz may be Ninten, this is open to interpretation however.

Man this fanbase is so bad.

>> No.372687

>>371551
Do you like the plot and themes of the mother series?
If so yes is a must play to understand the series.
The gameplay is good old oldschool, but thats another big reason I like it, casuals cannot touch it and wont attract too many idiots to the fanbase not even with the easy ring that faggot translator gave to them.

>> No.372691

>>372032
>Ninten is the grandson of Maria and George who looked after Giygas when his ship crashed on Earth. He taught them PSI as a conditional thanks for their hospitality but was ONLY for them to use. I guess when people started inheriting PSI and shit Giygas got pissed at George and Maria for breaking their promise.

What a mess lets see...

Gygas ship did no crash on Earth, George and Maria were abducted.
Geoge stole the secrets of PSI thats why Gygas invades earth in M1, he didnt teach them anything.
M2 is not a remake at all, Itoi just plays with the player a little, its clearly a sequel. Itoi confirms its a sequel in fact.
There are also big hints that buzzbuzz may be Ninten, this is open to interpretation however.

Man this fanbase is so bad.

>> No.372721

>>372668
i actually have my own theorie of the G/M abductment
The Alien race`s planet exploded, and the radiation from space affected their reproductive systems so they are a dying race.
Gyiyg is the result of an experiment in which the human race are given the blood of the aliens(PSI is a result of that blood-switch, so PSI is transfered by blood) and they reproduce, given how both races have similar reproductive systems.
Gyiyg is born, George runs away with the PSI secrets (aka his blood) he transfers his blood to his son, he is exiled in Mt Itoi and Ninten, his great-grandson uses his powers to stop the still dying race of aliens, which plan to kidnapping tons of grown ups to perpetuate their species.

so what do you think?

>> No.372747

>>372691
oops
read>>372721

>> No.372771

So I was playing and I got posioned by the mushroom. It made the controls all fucked up. I looked around for a while, went to the hospital, the hotel, department store and couldnt find how to fix it. apparently i had to go deeper into the hospital

its a relief the path leads right to twosom though, i thought id have to go through a dungeon. apparently the path right next to twosom is that hardest part of the game though

>> No.372792

>>372771
peaceful rest valley is a lot easier once you get the Hard Hat.

>> No.372850

>>372721
I think that there is zero basis or hints that could make what you posted as being true in any of the games. So that "theory" is 100% fanfiction,

>> No.372869

>>372850
well, in the games there are no explanations of why only Ninten/Ana has PSI powers, why Maria means so much to Gyiyg, or why they need parents for.

>> No.372881

>>372721
>>372869

Here. (1/?)

Around the early 1900's forces from Giegue's star system arrived at Earth on an information-gathering mission, in preparation of an all-out invasion that would be conducted - perhaps more viciously than originally intended - eighty-some years later by a grown-up Giegue himself [given EB's hieroglyph it can be retroactively assumed that this is something that previous generations of the invaders had attempted several times before since at least 4000 BC, though they were always seemingly foiled by supernatural elements]. Psychic phenomenon comparable to what some of Podunk's inhabitants believed to be 'poltergeists' at the start of EB0 were occurring regularly, and there were many reports of short-term abductions and victims with erased memories. George and Maria were apparently the only two humans to actually be taken off the planet, due to George having investigated too closely into their business [according to a semi-canonical source; as opposed to his family otherwise being in any way 'special' at that point in time].

>> No.372890

>nerds seriously arguing about which game is better

insufferable

>> No.372895

>>372881
(2/?)

For the better part of the next two years they were held in custody on the alien mothership, with their captors unlikely to have had any intention of ever returning them to their home planet. The aliens seemed to perceive them and humans in general as such non-threats that they were apparently allowed to roam the ship at pretty much their own discretion. As a woman that had been suddenly abducted from her family, Maria tried to make the best of the situation by transferring her maternal instincts to a single alien infant, a being whose 'inexplicable' psychic powers had probably already distinguished him as the future leader of his race. George didn't actually have any part in raising him, and probably devoted most of his time to examining the potent alien technology and plotting an eventual escape. Giegue appreciated his surrogate mother's affection throughout his infancy; but he and possibly his race of invaders in general apparently have an inherent weakness to certain exemplifications of pure love as humans express it; and as such, when Maria tried to sing to him the lullaby she once sung to her own children, it caused him extraordinary mental/psychic and possibly physiological anguish. This is suggested to be Maria's very last recollection upon her memory being restored in Magicant, and it can be assumed that he was personally responsible for psychically obliterating her physical form, as a reaction to this perceived threat to his life/sanity.

>> No.372901

>>372895
(3/?)

But preparations would be undertaken to have her soul junctioned to an ostensibly paradisical queendom metaphysically derived from her own subconscious, through the potent 'God's Tail' [or probably more accurately, 'Spirit Tail'] Sound Stone-esque artifacts, which would eventually be 'planted'/hidden around her home country [when exactly this would have occurred is a significant but seemingly indeterminate detail]. The 'XX' motif present on them, throughout the structures/pillars of Magicant, and on the chest plate and name of the R7038-XX robot seems to essentially make it a symbol for life after death. Some suppression of the memory of her past life [although she would occasionally have inner-dream 'nightmares' of her last moments, reported by her guards as involving her taking the tone of scolding and expressing great fear to a 'bad child'; though she wouldn't recall any part of this upon awakening], and particularly the offending melody occurred as well - Mother 1 never states it outright, but this was probably Gyiyg's personal doing rather than a device of the Spirit Tails; suggesting the true intangibility of the scope of his personal psychic powers, even in youth.

>> No.372909

>>372901
To Giegue, this pseudo-afterlife must have seemed like a great act of mercy [something he proved at least somewhat capable of in offering Ninten the chance to leave the doomed planet with him] and a practical solution to dealing with a being he felt in some way indebted to; but Maria herself was succumbing to malaise by the time that Ninten became involved, and for George's part, this prevented him from ever meeting his wife again in the 'true' afterlife.
George witnessed some part of all this and would conduct his escape from the aliens, after stealing some 'important information' from them implied to be of an overall military significance [Giegue insinuates that he caused some other trouble for them before he left]. This most likely encompassed several things, including the function of the Spirit Tails [the "forgotten/neglected objects left behind on the ship that sails that cosmos," according to the proper translation of George's diary], which seems to play a major role in EB/Mother 2 once Ninten can fully understand it himself; but primarily, it is a reference to powers associated with PSI.

>> No.372918

>>372909
(5/?)

Although a very small percentage of the human race [among other species throughout the series] had the capacity to naturally develop psychic abilities well before George's intensive study of it on Earth - whether the need for them to ever actually hone it to the extent of the protagonists came up - Giegue's race is apparently capable of freely distributing/teaching powerful elemental offensive PK abilities to all ranks of its attack force, seemingly both organic and mechanical. With or without the immediate use of any such psychic abilities himself, it would seem that George was able to hijack an escape ship and set its course to the origin point of the "dark shadow/cloud" that signified the aliens' arrival over Mount Itoi / the Holy Loly mountain range. The crash created a substantial crater that would partially fill up with debris and rainwater over the decades, creating a geographically unusual lake, to the point that the aliens apparently failed to notice it upon their return to the site.

>> No.372920

>>372032

Mother 2's subtitle is GYIYG STRIKES BACK, it's a sequel

>> No.372925

>>372918
6/?
George would devote the rest of his life to arranging for his wife's liberation from her eternal spiritual imprisonment and the repulsion of the future alien invasion, both at the hands of a seemingly predestined descendant, since he would not live long enough to see such plans followed through. A large part of deducing the full extent of his role in Mother 1's main plotline relies on whether he was able to personally benefit from the alien information he deciphered, at least to the extent of some form of precognition [a talent of Ana and Paula, as well as a function that the aliens possess in EB through their

Apple of Enlightenment/Wisdom "Destiny Machine" - most likely that orb with Ness's face in it at the front of the Devil's Machine]. Note that there originally wasn't an eighth melody bestowed to you by the lingering spiritual presence of George - he's just dead and waiting to see his wife again in

Heaven; so without any means of seeing some elements of the future, a lot of Mother 1's [however variable] events might just be a series of fortuitous coincidences.

>> No.372935

>>372925
holy crap that is a lot of stuff.

>> No.372937

>>372925
7/?

Either way, George devised a method to pass down very specific PSI abilities to his descendant. This probably wasn't accomplished genetically in any normal sense, since Ninten's ancestor would have been born to George and Maria well before their abduction, and he's definitely descended from them both. It's notable though that in Mother 1, 'Queen Mary' exerts some degree of psychic influence by personally summoning the team to Magicant once robot EVE's melody is learned, and later bestows a 'final [psychic] power' to Ninten that allows him to shatter the boulders blocking the cavern leading to the mothership - whether this is only due to her connection to Magicant is questionable. But Ninten's utter absence of attack PSI seems to suggest that the range of his abilities was predetermined for him by George; since there would be no need for him to be distracted by techniques that would have had no chance of harming their ultimate enemy. Instead, he was provided with psychic shields [something absolutely necessary to survive the final battle with Giegue and group encounters with his strongest minions], standard advanced healing measures, and endurance/exertion-boosting skills to augment the natural athleticism that he would have to rely on to overcome less invulnerable adversaries on his journey.

>> No.372943

>>372937
8/?

Most of his abilities could be replicated at a faster rate by his teammate Ana, a more 'natural' psychic; whose [optional] alliance with Ninten to track down the country's abductees may or may not have been too minutiae a detail to be foreseen by George, as something to be taken into consideration in his long-term planning.
For the purpose of allowing his descendant to overcome Giegue's upper-tier minions around the mountain range regardless of any other companions, however, it was absolutely necessary for George to arrange for a safeguard in the form of EVE. The tools to assemble her were presumably available within the escape ship, although the presence of numerous 'consoles' like the one surrounding EVE in one of the hallways suggests that she might have originally been one of many, like the R70 'series', that merely had to be reprogrammed. It's notable that that Doctor living off the coast of Ellay and his assistants A/Able and B/Baker apparently once went on an excursion to visit the lab/spaceship and observe EVE, so it's likely she was programmed to only respond to beings she could identify as having PSI and/or being of George's lineage. The ship and small dock used to reach the ships entrance might have actually been their work rather than George's, since the crater may not have even been a true lake during his time - possibly making it another series of events he foresaw being set up to Ninten's benefit.

>> No.372949

>>372943
9/9

The way that the last melody was encoded into EVE's memory banks is one of the primary indicators we have that George was able to deduce the key role the notes of his wife's lullaby would play in restoring her memory and allowing her to leave the supernatural prison. The precise reason for why he wasn't able to attempt any of this himself is fairly uncertain [given that telepathy seems to be the only entrance requirement, other than possibly that ]; but the most likely explanation is that the Spirit Tails weren't actually brought to Earth until the aliens arrived again in 1988 [the entirely unexplained but presumably recent stationing of the R7037 robot near the second entrance beneath the desert monkey cavern, and perhaps the chaos caused near the first by the Starman Junior, seem to reinforce this]. With or without George's involvement, the other notes of the melody would be bizarrely manifested among songs in nature, as well as through the dragon living in the Great Underground River, the metaphysical bridge from Magicant to the 'exit' Spirit Tails in the real world.

Most of this is really just connect-the-dots stuff when it comes to the original script.

>> No.372959

>>372949
holy crap, might as well write a book with that.

>> No.372975

>>362153
Ahh, thanks for clearing that up for me! Quite interesting.

>> No.372976

>>372959
Itoi made a game instead, and tried to use videogames to tell the story in a different way, a way only videogames could provide.

>> No.372979
File: 17 KB, 241x249, 1338072233651.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>372949

>> No.372985

>>371737
I want to live in Moonside.

The best part about the cozy, quirky feel to the towns and cities is that the juxtaposition when shit gets weird is amazing.

>> No.373002

>>372976
i think JRR Tolkien wouldve made a game if he was able to do.

>> No.373048

>>373002
Probably.
Would have been better than the TLOTR videogame adaptations and most wRPGS for sure.

>> No.373079

>>372771
There is a girl looking for "mushrooms" (nudge nudge) that will even give you money for them.

>> No.373106

>>373048
in a matter of fact, if the game wasnt a sluggish mess, it wouldve been an awesome game, so far i loved the soundtrack, The Shire theme has become the theme of my childhood, even tough i never played this game in my childhood.
too bad the LOTR games that came after started mimicking that shitty style influenced by the movies.

>> No.373186
File: 29 KB, 512x442, earthbound2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.373198

i could never fully get into earthbound. just too freaking hard, the enemies have insane attack power.

>> No.373257

>>373198
EB zero? just download the EB easy patch on Starmen.net.
i hope youre not talking about EB/M2, that game is actually pretty easy if you level around a bit.

>> No.373262

It's a fetus. Deal with it, nerds.

>> No.373291

>>359467
It makes every bit of sense.
Of course it isn't a literal aborted fetus, but the fetus and womb imagery are deliberate.
Without the love of his mother or her grandchild, Giygas had a tantrum.
His original mother figure disowned (aborted) him when he became evil.
You go in there to make up for that. You don't defeat him with violence. Indeed, you only try to survive the fight and keep your friends alive. This display of love calms him down.

>> No.373319

>>373262
No, just visual imagery to instill the idea of regression, it also connects with the womb theme of the series
MOTHER1’s mothership, the “Devil’s Machine,” the Lost Underworld, and Porky’s Absolutely Safe Capsule are all presented as symbolic artificial wombs.
Giygas is increasingly characterized by psychic / emotional regression and vulnerability; but this does not extend to his physical form being literally infantilized as any sort of ‘fetus’. The more subtle imagery of a cellular mitosis and/or cancerous growth is utilized instead. Notice how there is first 1 gygas when he gets released by porky, then 2, then 4 then you can see the "fetus", he is like a cancer at that point.

>> No.373347

>>373291
>His original mother figure disowned (aborted) him when he became evil.

Dude what, he killed maria read the wall of text I posted above please.

And you dont defeat Gygas, God does, in the jp version you are praying to God the same God that foiled the alien´s invasions in the past, and your friends (and the player) pray too.

>> No.373391

>>371558
I've managed 16 hit combos on emulator.
It does work. You just have to feel it.

>> No.373430

>>373391
That cheer is so satisfying.

>> No.373554

Why the hell does Paula use a frying pan as a weapon? She doesn't even cook.

>> No.373589

>>373554
Like Peach in SSM, it means she is a good woman who will/can cook for her husband when needed

>> No.373593

>>373554
i have a bigger concern that Anna barely scratches the enemy in M1.

>> No.373615

>>373391
Yeah, it's not that combos don't work, they absolutely do. It's just the emulation creates an extra layer of difficulty.

>> No.373632

>>373593
She is an attack PSI user.

>> No.373643

>>373632
i discovered that way later when she learned PK Freeze Pi.

>> No.373669

>>373643
Did you guess that Lloyd was the item user

>> No.373679

>>373669
>Filling Lloyds and nintens item box with bottle rockets from that trashcan where they never end
>having no space for important items

>> No.373691

>>373669
that`s news to me.
for me, Ninten is the overpowered allie, Ana is the extremely weak PSI user, Loid is the Lifeup Cream placeholder. i just wish this game had more inventory space.