[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 107 KB, 2197x1463, IMG_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3553849 No.3553849 [Reply] [Original]

Wtf is going on? I ordered a snes from a seller with 100% positive feedback and it doesn't even turn on. I'm so mad. Am I screwed? Also post eBay /vr/ experiences

>> No.3553851

>>3553849
1. Was he chinese?
2. How many reviews did he have?
3. Did all of the reviewers have similar names?
4. Did you try cleaning the connectors?

>> No.3553857
File: 5 KB, 248x72, download (2).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have had the same shitty experience. I bought a console from yamatoku-classic. My fucking Famicom from there didn't turn on either and they had a high user rating. They also abuse the fuck out of shipping costs to get out of paying their dues to eBay. File a PayPal report and get your money back from any scum trying to rip you off and for the l9ve of fuck don't listen to their sob stories. Work with them to get a refund, if they don't comply for any reason, negative feedback and PayPal return.

>> No.3553858

>>3553851
He had 343 reviews. No negative. It's not the connectors, the power indicator light doesn't even come on. I even went to a retro store and got a different power brick. It doesn't even draw power. Also the seller isn't Chinese he's in texas

>> No.3553863

>>3553858
>He had 343 reviews. No negative.

Well, looks like he's about to get his first one!

>> No.3553868

>>3553849
The worst ebay experience I had was more funny than bad. I ordered a Contra Hard Corps for Genesis and it came stuffed inside of a cheez its box full of newspaper. So I just complimented the guy on the packaging because it worked fine when it got here.
I try my best to avoid nintendo products on ebay because that's where you'll get a lot of the scumbag sellers thinking their mario is worth 40 bucks.

>> No.3553871

>>3553863
I guess so, I messaged him to ask if he knew that it didn't work. The description said "cleaned and tested" though so maybe something happened during shipping

>> No.3553873
File: 37 KB, 520x502, snes9x_windows[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3553849
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

>> No.3553878

>>3553857
They're not scum, I've bought many things from them over the years. Stop being a retro bandwagon faggot and you won't have these problems.

>> No.3553879

Check the number of items sold before taking the feedback percentage into account. Only people with a few items sold can maintain a 100%. Most trustworthy sellers have a 98% with thousands of listings in the past couple of years.

Just request a return. This happened to me with a top loader before.

>> No.3553894

I remember 14 year old me bought Wild Arms 2 on eBay and it never came in the mail. Was p upset, so thankfully eBay sides with the buyer.

>> No.3553913

>>3553849
You have to plug it into power first.

>>3553857
Yamatoku doesn't abuse shipping costs, it's just that international shipping costs a LOT the heavier the items get.

>> No.3553926

>>3553913
>it's just that international shipping costs a LOT the heavier the items get.

Kind of related, didn't Lik Sang ship everything free back in the day? I always wondered how that came to be.

>> No.3554018

>>3553849
I'm very wary about selling consoles on eBay just because people are fucking idiots.

Same thing with buying consoles. An NES could be "tested working" but I don't know if he spent 3 hours getting a single game to work because the pins were so fucked up.

Obviously you can fix them, but I've had a lot of issues with old consoles, especially when charged a premium.

>> No.3554043
File: 64 KB, 587x524, what-am-i-supposed-to-feel.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>bought a bunch of games off ebay a few years ago
>all said tested and working
>about half worked
>requested refunds for the ones that didn't work
>got all refunds successfully
>put them in storage in the basement since they're useless

>years later learned how to properly clean the contacts
>clean them, every game now works
>mfw I got a bunch of games for free but feel like a thief

>> No.3554056

>>3553926
They either marked prices up, they had a special deal with the shipping company, or they used the cheapest imaginable shipping (sea shipping, takes up to 3 fucking months and has no insurance). Or a combination of all of that.

>> No.3554062

>>3553849
You have to
1) put a cart of matching region in it
2) have it connected to power before powering it on
3) it also helps if you have it connected to your TV, the TV is turned on, and the TV is set to whatever channel the console is set to (AV if you use AV cables, and manually tune in if you use RF).
4) if you also want to play, you'll need controllers too!

oh and if you use the wrong AC adapter you may fry it too.

I know, old consoles are a hassle like that, but that's how it goes when you fall into the retro gaming meme. You can't just toggle the power switch on a loose console and have Mario appear on an unconnected TV.

>> No.3554076

>>3554062
I did everything properly. I have a genesis and n64 so it's not like I haven't used an old console before. The power indicator light on the snes does not even come on. I tried multiple working outlets.

>> No.3554106
File: 6 KB, 275x183, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I won a 32x the other day for 20 bucks and when they sent it they decided to keep the plastic spacer that was visible on the listing.

Turns out they got mad that I jewed them and tryed to jew me back, the space goes for like 20-25 alone.

Fuck the retro bubble.

>> No.3554126

If the red led doesn't light up on a super nintendo, chances are the fuse died on it. It is an easy fix.

>> No.3554134

>>3553849
Just message the seller about, take a pic of the issue if you can. They probably just fucked up and will likely just give you your money back if provide proof. You can then fix the thing (likely a fuse) and enjoy your $4 SNES.

If they're not helpful, file a claim on eBay or with PayPal.

eBay is WAY too buyer friendly. I used to make my living on eBay until someone hacked some accounts, bought from me, then the original account owners filed chargebacks with PayPal. I was then banned for life because I was "too high risk" to continue doing business with. Now I have no job ;( (was doing $150-500/day)

>> No.3554143

>>3553913

They absolutely do abuse shipping costs. 4 dollars for Famicom, 40 for shipping. Get package 2 months later and find out it cost less than 10 to ship. They do it to avoid eBay fees, which they agreed to when signing up to sell through their site. Add that on top of lying about the condition of products and purposely making their item descriptions difficult to navigate and you have reseller scum. Hit-Japan is an example of a great international seller. Yamatoku-classic is just such a cunt.

>> No.3554159
File: 56 KB, 350x470, 1445465590858.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>he doesn't scam the ever loving shit out of eBay resellers

Shouldn't list the condition in "like new" when you know that ps1 case is gonna crack a little in the mail. Whoops, free game for me, thanks ebay.

>> No.3554170

>>3554159

Lol. If a seller lists something as like-new and you get a beat up old turd of a console in the mail they deserve to get fucked. The scammer gets scammed. Maybe being honest would prevent that for them

>> No.3554181

>>3554159

Should just list things as "Acceptable" and thoroughly describe it in the listing. It seems like the formal ebay condition signifies are just a way to easily screw yourself (and any smart buyers rely on photos+description).

>> No.3554184

>>3554043
It's his fault for not cleaning before he sold them.

>> No.3554185

>>3553871
Tested doesnt mean working :)

>> No.3554187

>>3554043
This is another reason selling on eBay is horrible.

I always -always- record myself testing the carts -and- packaging it if buyers try this shit.

It's annoying, but they shut up pretty quick once I show them the video.

>> No.3554190

>>3554181
Well, when you consider "very good" means it has the box and manual, you can easily fuck people over.

I always list as acceptable. Regardless of condition.

>> No.3554193

>>3554185

Lol, tested does not mean working, I agree. If they list it as tested and don't add whether its working or not then it leaves it ambiguous and makes you wonder why they even said they tested it at all. The word tested instills confidence in the buyer that its working, because why the fuck else would you say its tested. Since eBay sides with buyers, its best that sellers don't leave any ambiguity and if they ship a broken item that the buyer wasn't aware was broken, they are going to get themselves fucked.

>> No.3554248

>>3553878

We've got a shill. Either that or Yamatoku themselves

>> No.3554252

>>3553849

The seller is no longer on eBay, but I purchased some Saturn games a year or two back, and the box was filled with bugs and the cases stunk. How in the fuck did they manage to get the cases to stink? Your guess is as good as mine.

>> No.3554316
File: 1.95 MB, 3264x2448, IMG_4570.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3553849
About a year ago I ordered a Genesis from over seas. The box arrived like this.

>> No.3554327
File: 2.79 MB, 3264x2448, IMG_4581.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3554316
The Genesis came with 15 or so games, two controllers and a lightgun. There was nothing at all to hold the stuff in place and the box was two times the size it needed to be. Loads of scuffs on everything and the power adapter had smashed the lightgun.

I talked to the seller about it and it seems the package was repackaged by some ebay function? What the fuck was that about.

Anyway, had a hard time staying mad since all games worked and I got both Castlevania Bloodlines and Contra Hard Corps for a bargain price.

>> No.3554350

>>3554327
Was it eBay global shipping program?

I sold to some people like that. Basically the seller ships to an eBay warehouse in KY and then they ship it to the international address. Costs like 2x as much as just shipping internationally through the post office, but is much easier for sellers.

I've heard of sellers getting screwed over by this exact thing. The repackaging broke the item.

>> No.3554357

I got my 20 inch PVM rebranded as an Olympus OEV before people knew about that so I successfully sniped the auction for 99 cents plus $45 shipping. The seller was obviously pissed about it because he sent me a different, poorer condition identical (working) monitor so you bet your ass I filed a complaint and got an immediate full refund. Free shit is sweet.

>> No.3554371

>>3554143
>Hit-Japan is an example of a great international seller

wow, opinion disregarded. Hit-Japan puts RIDICULOUS markup on everything, on top of STILL having high shipping costs. They do have stuff in better quality in general, yes, but they overcharge way more.

Yamatoku may not have stuff in the best quality, but they put up everything as auctions and you can get stuff from them way cheaper because of that. And I mean like $1 cheap, plus $70 shipping for a boxed white Saturn - same thing at Hit-Japan costs $100 plus $70 shipping. You tell me which one is a better option.

Only problem I have with Yamatoku is that they should include larger images. I can understand bandwidth/server costs that can make smaller pictures a necessity, but come on.

>> No.3554378

>>3554143
>>3554371
>4 dollars for Famicom, 40 for shipping.

oh, and this is because yamatoku puts up everything as auctions, and a lot of their stuff gets overlooked, so you can get stuff for peanuts.

Hit Japan puts up everything as BIN and they put giant markups on them. Some of their stuff have been sitting for years because nobody wants to buy a, say, Mega CD2 for $450 (plus $80 shipping).

Still, if you don't like the shipping price and you have evidence that they overcharged for shipping, you can just message them, and if they don't reimburse you, just take the case to ebay.

>> No.3554381

>>3554350
I never buy anything that uses Ebay global shipping.

Partially because they also ask for $60 to ship a fucking CD to Europe. I got CDs from Japan for $5 shipping costs from sellers that don't use ebay shipping. fuck that.

>> No.3554383

>>3554190
>Well, when you consider "very good" means it has the box and manual, you can easily fuck people over.

Nah, "very good" is just the condition of 1 item. It does not state whether the item comes with box/manual/controller/all flyers/whatever.

It could be a SNES that is in very good condition, but is a loose item with no hook-ups or box.

>> No.3554404

>>3553878
They're not scum but they're not upfront about postage and they have that archaic condition system

>> No.3554414

>>3554371

You make a good point, hit-japan does have crazy mark up but at least the item descriptions are honest. So I guess its whoever is the lesser of two evils which determines who you buy from. Would you rather pay huge markups with accurate item descriptions or buy cheaper from yamatoku and take a huge gamble.

>> No.3554420

>>3553849
I bought a SNES-mini off eBay and the AC adapter was inop. I suspected as much and borrowed a known good one from a coworker (which worked), then contacted the seller. He sent me a knockoff AC adapter (it's much, much lighter) and that's been working for years.

>> No.3554431

>>3554381
If this why everything from the USA to Australia cost about triple in postage anything from anywhere else?

>> No.3554443

Sellers don't pay eBay fees on shipping. That's why they will sell a console for 2 bucks with 100 shipping cost and send it nigger-mail. That's underhanded however you wanna slice it and eBay cracks down whenever its brought to their attention......usually

>> No.3554521

>>3554414
Yamatoku isn't less honest, they just use extremely generic descriptions in broken engrish, like "good, has some stains or scratches". Which can mean honestly everything.

Only reason I'm defending them is that because of their "give no shit" attitude, you can find extremely rare stuff for super cheap.

For example they put up a copy a game once that goes for $100 easy, but they had cd covers missing and the case broken. Naturally nobody gave a shit, it sold for something like $30 only.

It was the extremely rare sample version, that appears maybe once a year even on yahoo japan. They just didn't list it as sample, so no one noticed.

Shipping aside, Yamatoku is honestly like the cheap dollar thrift store where you can still find Chrono Trigger for $2. Of course it will be a dirty copy which half the time doesn't work due to bad contacts, but all of that can be fixed.

>> No.3554527

>>3554414
>Would you rather pay huge markups with accurate item descriptions or buy cheaper from yamatoku and take a huge gamble.

More like, whether you'd want to buy 1 guaranteed item, or for the same price buy 3 items of which 2 don't work, but can be restored with minimal skill and then sold back to others, maybe even with increased prices?

>> No.3554546

>I ordered a snes from a seller with 100% positive feedback and it doesn't even turn on.

Have you tried plugging it in?

>> No.3554547

>>3554443
Are you retarded? I'm a seller and we DO get charged fees for any shipping costs. That problem of selling something for a penny and charging the price in the shipping was brought to the attention of eBay many years ago. The only people doing it now are ones that don't know how to read or, like you, aren't informed.

3 years of selling full time, any questions you guys got about selling or other eBay crap you guys would like answered?

>> No.3554565

>>3554547
Yeah, how are your sales this year compared to the last few?

>> No.3554572

>>3554565
Shit, but mainly because I have a problem with playing too many videogames and procrastinating. I just uninstalled one that I've been putting 60 hours a week into for the past 4 months so I can concentrate on my work more. Also I've been falling out of love of listing items, buying and packing are fine but listing is just so boring it really drains me.

>> No.3554628

>>3554547 I looked it up and turns out you are right and eBay did actually close that loophole. Thank fuck faggot resellers like you can't abuse shipping costs anymore. Worst you can do now is maybe trap impulse buyers who are too excited to buy something that they miss the shipping fee.

>> No.3554639

>>3554527

Not everyone is a reseller though. Some people just want to buy the game then play it. Imagine that? Not everyone gets a boner from the thought of reselling games that they hacked back together.

>> No.3554656

>>3554547
>any questions you guys got about selling or other eBay crap you guys would like answered?
Why do American (and some European, usually UK sellers) charge huge amount for shipping to my country? Sometimes it gets ridiculous, like 60-70 dollars for one game or small item. Especially when item is shipped through global shipping program.
Even though according to various calculators and my previous shipping experiebce, it should cost $10 max.
And it never happens with JP sellers.

>> No.3554660

>>3554628
There's no ''trapping'' when you sell on eBay, unless you're a legit scammer. Just like you said, impulsive buyers, are people likely not to read any details included in the title, item description, sellers description, and even the pictures. All the info is available to them before they even finalize the purchase but you'll always have people that don't bother.
Guaranteed most of the news stories where someone bought a picture of something instead of the actual item, they more than likely didn't read the listing fully. My job as a seller is to sell what is advertised and ship the item out to someone. When a buyer purchases something they agree to the terms and conditions of the item purchased, including price, which is available to them multiple times before committing the purchase.

I don't charge for shipping at all. Free shipping just really helps an item sell quicker. Of course I include it into the price though, and I have to do free shipping if I want to get that Top Rated Seller status.

>> No.3554665

>>3554656
The US postal service providers simply are an absolute mess compared to other countries. Shipping stuff from the US to EU is often 5 times as expensive than shipping to the US from the EU due to terrible business practices on the NA side.

>> No.3554668

>>3554656
Because the Global Shipping Program makes their own shipping prices. If a seller chooses to use that, they themselves don't come up with the shipping cost that you yourself see, it's eBay that does. I've never shipped internationally and probably never will, I prefer to stay stateside.
Another reason is a seller may not have put in the final weight and dimensions when making the listing for the item and you're getting some fucked up price. I used to do that but it was a pain in the ass, and then I just started doing free shipping anyways so it didn't matter to anyone but myself what the weight of the item was until it was sold.

>>3554665
This is another reason too.

>> No.3554678

>>3554056
>sea shipping
As opposed to lake shipping?

>> No.3554694

>>3554639
>Some people just want to buy the game then play it. Imagine that?

In which case you wouldn't worry about how much scratches the cart has and then you could buy it 4x cheaper from Yamatoku.

>> No.3554704

>>3554656
>Sometimes it gets ridiculous, like 60-70 dollars for one game or small item. Especially when item is shipped through global shipping program.

For two reasons.
1) USPS overcharges everything by ridiculous amounts, and
2) ebay automatically puts all possible taxable value into the shipping price, even when the item could be marked as "gift" and not even get passed to customs.

>> No.3554768
File: 22 KB, 444x322, eddy1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Try to buy Burning Rangers on auction
>Someone out bids me with 10 seconds left
>I outbid them with 4 seconds left
>They outbid me with one second left
>They got Burning Rangers for $157

I hate those last second assholes that always outbid you as if there is no time limit to them. I swear Dio Brando with his Za Warudo is outbidding me all the time.

>> No.3554776

>>3554768
Was this your first time buying something through an auction? It's called sniping, you mong.

>> No.3554779

>>3554776
This is not my first experience, and it happens too fucking much. I hate it.

>> No.3554786

>>3554768
Just set your maximum bid to the most you're prepared to pay. If it goes past that then you wouldn't have wanted to buy it anyway.

>> No.3554816

>>3554350
Yeah, that's it. Never again.

>> No.3554819

>>3554786
I did. And it still happens. Should I just go for the Japanese version? It's cheaper, but I want to know if there are any English subtitles available to help navigate through the game like Bulk Slash.

>> No.3554907

>>3554819
just learn jap bro :^)

>> No.3554946

>>3554779
That's entirely eBay's fault. Start sniping now or just give up.

>>3554327
Another victim of the Global Shipping Program. Sellers really need to start opting out of this bullshit.

>> No.3554953
File: 6 KB, 163x160, Deelicious.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have a question guys, is Amazon better?

>> No.3554979

>>3554768
That's how automatic bidding works. Ebay will automatically put in the max you are willing to pay, but the minimum required to win the auction.

So if someone snipes in the last 10 seconds, you can't counter snipe by doing +1$ over their bid, because they most likely bid a way larger amount - to avoid counter sniping, and to make sure that they are bidding higher than your maximum.

>>3554819
The most speech the game has is a voice navigation system that says crap like "turn right" or "look for the switch to open this door". If you are capable of playing a game without it spoonfeeding you every step of the way, you can play it in Japanese.

>> No.3555008

>>3554420
Not a console, but I received a knockoff IBM A/C adapter once with a genuine laptop.

Everything worked fine, until half a year later when suddenly my laptop fried itself.
Post-mortem I took everything apart, the power adapter was a fucking mess inside.

Basically the chinks forgot to insulate between the RF shielding and the PCB inside the adapter, one unlucky bump later and suddenly there's mains voltage creeping from the mains-region across the RF-shield over some variable resistor right into the computer.

Lesson learned, I won't trust power-adapters from ebay ever again.

>> No.3555060

>>3555008
>the chinks forgot
No, that was probably deliberate. That's what they do. Pump garbage out as cheaply as possible by cutting every corner.

>> No.3555237

>>3554979
>put a fuck huge max on to ensure I win
>its not super expensive, but I put in a 500 dollar max because it doesnt come up much
>another guy does in the last 10 seconds
>pays 550 dollars

>> No.3555330

>>3554953
Hell no. Amazon is significantly worse on a good day.

>> No.3555464

>>3553857
I found their shipping to be pretty reasonable, I always made sure to win a few auctions to make it worth my time. For 1 item it probably is too expensive

>> No.3555467

I bought a Famicom labelled broken, modded it for composite and it worked fine.

Bought a GBA marked working in beat-up condition, it had a minor power switch issue but it was an easy fix.

About the worst was a PS3 I bought labelled "working, but it takes a few tries to power on". So I figured, hey, probably some dodgy contacts.

Nope, it was a full on YLoD. If you tried for long enough you could maybe get it to stay on for 5 minutes before it shut itself down.

The worst in terms of money was from some retarded kid who said his Xbox was probably 128mb modded, but he wouldn't take out the 3 fucking screws to check because he didn't want to break the modchip. I took the risk and got burned because I'd been waiting for one for a year or two, and then 3 popped up the next week.

>> No.3555468

>>3553868
I think he just wanted to make sure it was well packaged because a lot of people throw a shitfit if its just in like an envelope or something

>> No.3555487

>>3555237
Just to avoid this kind of bullshit, I put my max bid right around my "fuck it you can have it you faggot" amount for that particular auction.

>> No.3556286

>>3555237
>>3555487
While it is fun to make some asshole overpay for something, you guys need to be really fucking careful with this. This kind of shit is what caused the retro bubble in the first place.

>> No.3556328

>>3555237
I hope that 550 dollar item wasn't a video game?

>> No.3557208

>>3553857
>They also abuse the fuck out of shipping costs to get out of paying their dues to eBay
ebay no longer excludes shipping costs for fee calculation.
t. ebay seller

>> No.3557218

I once got an SNES console with some big American cockroaches still alive inside. I had left the box sitting around for 4 or 5 days before opening it and was really shocked when I opened the console to clean it and they fell out of the top. It's a lucky thing that I always disassemble and wash every used system I buy, otherwise I might not have realized until it was too late and I had an infestation on my hands. Ever since that experience, I never leave a box from any eBay seller sitting around. I open them immediately in case anything is living inside.
I also bought this console with dead German cockroaches inside: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGw9PeO-dBM

>> No.3557252

>>3554143
>They do it to avoid eBay fees,

As someone who has made over 100 sales on ebay over the years, ebay changes its final value fee on the ENTIRE price, including shipping.

>> No.3558381

>>3555237
What was it?

>> No.3558407

>>3556286
>retro bubble was caused by people willing to pay more for an item

oh wow and here I thought it was resellers jewing up prices.

>> No.3558420

>>3558407
They're not reSELLERs if nobody's BUYING. Sitting on something for months on end and paying endless listing fees for the privilege is not good business practice.

Face it, people out there are buying these things and thereby validating the ridiculous prices being asked.

>> No.3558604

>jap seller has game listing describing game being in "good" condition.
>game arrives and is actually in excellent condition and complete with a little note in broken english thanking you for the purchase along with some candy or stickers.

Why are jap sellers so based?

>> No.3558686

>>3558604
The one I buy from usually sends a green tea filter.

I appreciate the thought but the only tea I like is black strawberry tea with a touch of rum.

>> No.3558919

>>3558604
>>3558686
I also got an Engrish note and some tea from a jap seller. Green tea. It was pretty good tea and a nice gesture.

>> No.3558974 [DELETED] 

>>3553873
>still playing games on windows

hahahahahahahahahahahahaahaha.

>> No.3558978 [DELETED] 

>>3553913
Yamatoku is well known to shill-bid up their own auctions and gouge on shipping. You can still get good deals occasionally due to the massive amount of shit they sell, but they are pretty scummy.

>> No.3559005

>>3558604
>>3558686
>>3558919

Japan is a culture based around respect. They realize that giving a very small gesture of thanks will most likely make you come back and do repeat business.

>> No.3559013 [DELETED] 

>>3554678
That's literally what it's called what the fuck

>> No.3559014

>>3553857
Last time I won three copies of Animal Forest (Animal Crossing 64) in box at 1.90$ each one and I paid 19$ for shipping. Meanwhile ONE copy from other user costs like 60$ and not including shipping

I admit that at the begining I thought Yamatoku was abusing of shipping costs but after comparing with others eBay users, their prices seems reasonable

>> No.3559016

>>3554779
Just use a sniping service, they cost like a dollar.

>> No.3559079

>>3559016
I use myibidder on Android.

Doesn't cost a penny and hasn't ever let me down yet.

>> No.3560026

>>3559079
Nice, I'll have to check that out. I had been using AuctionSniper's free trial bids and had pretty good luck with it.

>> No.3560247

I needed some memory cards for my Playstation, so I bought a couple on Ebay. A couple days later, the seller emails me saying their warehouse had a problem, and my order would be delayed 2 weeks. They offered a refund, but I didn't really need them at that moment anyway so I said it was fine.

The cards arrived the next day, and they worked, so I left positive feedback like normal. But a week later, they email me, apologizing because my package got lost. They offered a refund, but I told them the items arrived. They insisted that I did not have it, and asked me to check. They wouldn't believe me no matter how many times I reassured them. Eventually they stopped responding and just forced a refund on me.

I guess I should be happy that I got them for free but I still feel guilty about it.