[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 6 KB, 512x448, 49947.jpg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3525527 No.3525527 [Reply] [Original]

Pic related, Spy Hunter for the NES. What a shitty port. The graphics were acceptable, but the car physics were completely different from the arcade version. No excuse.

>> No.3525709
File: 48 KB, 480x360, hqdefault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The PC port of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I had this as a kid. Fuck this stupid-ass game.

First of all, I could never even get past bebop as a kid. When I was a kid, I blamed the shitty electronic boutique "tempest" joystick that couldn't play platformers worth a damn, and the keyboard controls were atrocious - space to attack, enter to jump. But giving the game another try years later, I realized what actually went wrong - the game has no damage invulnerability implemented. So I died in two seconds to the boss, and because I was primarily using my two-button joystick (those two buttons you see at the base actually both counted as button #2), I didn't know that you could switch turtles mid-fight.

But that's not the worst part. This game is LITERALLY UNBEATABLE without cheating. See that screenshot? That's from Level 3. You literally cannot jump over that pit unless you cheat, and if you do cheat, you can see that the rest of the corridor is unfinished. They literally couldn't be arsed to finish the fucking game. I hear that the UK release fixed that spot, but that didn't do me much good.

Also, apparently there is also no pizza in stages 5 or 6, but since you're already cheating to get to that point it doesn't really matter. Ironically, the dam bomb defusal level is much easier on PC, for what its worth.

>> No.3525726
File: 83 KB, 640x909, Fantasia_Genesis_game_cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

That movie was amazing. It didn't deserve this shitty game.