[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 198 KB, 587x555, Legend_of_Mana.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3520168 No.3520168 [Reply] [Original]

I want to go on an adventure. Which of these games will best provide that feel?

I've already played FFVII & IX, Xenogears, and Chrono Cross

>> No.3520195

>>3520168
>mfw I've played all of those.

BOF3 is the closest one to a "pure adventure." The other ones either have more emphasis on creating a home base that you constantly return to. There's hardly any backtracking in BOF3 so it feels more like a legit adventure than those other three.

>> No.3520209

I agree, based on what you posted (games I also loved) I think you'll like BOF3 the best.

>> No.3520223

>>3520195
>>3520209
Is the PSP version any better than the PSX version?

>> No.3520243

>>3520195
Ya know, I was going to rec FFVIII out of those but you put it best. For a true adventure, BoF is probably the best answer there.

>> No.3520259

I wish there were more games like Secret Of Mana & Seiken Densetsu 3

>> No.3520272
File: 337 KB, 830x900, 622071-riesz__32_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3520259
Yeah... but every time Square tries to do something with the Mana series, they fuck it up in new and surprising ways.

What I wouldn't give for another top-down Mana game with amazing sprite graphics, hand-drawn backgrounds, and LoM-tier music.

>> No.3520381

>>3520168
Definitely Breath of Fire. Suikoden 2's story is very good but the gameplay is so-so. Never played Legend of Mana and I hated FFVIII.

>> No.3520396

>>3520168
Breath of Fire is a "fun adventure" if you don't mind a completely unrelated first half of the game which feels worthless to the overall plot.

I would say Legend of Mana. It feels unrelated, but at the same time it has a really comfy aesthetic and it's pretty casual.

FF8 is more "serious" but you're also a student from a school where you fight as a mercenary and are trained to kill a time travelling space witch so that's enjoybale.

>> No.3520452

>>3520168
Definitely BoF3. Nothing will ever compare to crossing the ocean for the first time and being confronted with the unmapped area sprawled out before you.

>> No.3520454

>>3520223
bump

>> No.3520456

>>3520168
anything but FFVIII

>> No.3520474
File: 174 KB, 730x800, tumblr_luat7x1Iei1qginzlo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3520168

Breath of Fire 4 was better

>> No.3520491

>>3520272
I have to respect that they're always trying something different with the series, even if it doesn't always work out.

>> No.3520496

Not among the options and actually a GBA game but the original Golden Sun is my to-go choice for "adventure", it is similar to Avatar: last airbender and One Piece in the sense that you travel from one location to another doing/fixing shit in each place you arrive while the bigger plot slowly develops and while after a while you get access to the places you've been to before it never requires you to backtrack (with a single exception).

>> No.3520506

>>3520168
If you are looking for sense of adventure I'd recommend Grandia over all those titles.

>> No.3520580

>>3520496
>but the original Golden Sun is my to-go choice for "adventure", it is similar to Avatar: last airbender and One Piece

God, you just went for the shit taste hat trick, didn't you?

>> No.3520594

>>3520580
>le shit taste meme

>> No.3520610

>>3520594

a spade's a spade, anon.

>> No.3520624

>>3520610
Oh it's you again. You must be having a very boring day.

>> No.3520723

>>3520168
Legend of Mana is a pretty good game bar the combat, it has the most replayability out of those four, some of the best 2D graphics on the PS, a great score and a pretty intricate game system in which you can forge items, create golems, capture monsters and a lot of other stuff.
It is non linear and has multiple plotlines that change depending on how you build the world, but it ultimately brought down by a garbage battle system, like all the Mana games.

FFVIII is a FF game, as long as you like FF's plots and style of narration you can enjoy it, it has a kinda neat game system that can be horribly broken but fortunately never actually requires you to fight any fight but boss battles as long as you know how to play it, you can also shut down random encounters with a certain GF, great score and decent aesthetic too, non existent replayability in spite of its sytem though, good amount of secrets and places to see.

BoF III is imho the weakest game in the series with BoF, it has great sprites but terrible 3D environment, a great Dragon Gene system but non existent difficulty overall, I'd suggest you to play BoF IV, it's still easy as shit but looks much better, has a very unusual score for its time and a more interesting story overall, unfortunately they ditched the Dragon Gene system on this one, but they refined Masters and other stuff, pretty neat minigames as well, neither games are very replayable.

Suikoden II is probably the weakest of the four imho, it has a huge cast but most of the characters are inconsequential and lack charm, the battle system is garbage and the graphics aren't so hot either, the game's plot is also kind of schizophrenic and doesn't really deliver the feeling of actual political intrigue like it promised, but maybe you'll enjoy it more than I did, it doesn't have much replayability unless you miss characters, you can see different endings by saving at certain points of the game too.

>> No.3520725

>>3520723
What the hell is wrong with LoM's battle system? It's a beat 'em up like Streets of Rage.

>> No.3520761

>>3520723
thanks for coming in here and shitting on all four options without suggesting an alternative

>> No.3520762

>>3520761
That post seems to mostly praise LoM and FF8.

>> No.3520776

>>3520168
WTF IS LEGEND OF MANA???????????????????????
SECRET OF MANA 2 OR WHAT?
OMG WHY DONT I KNOW ABOUT IT

>> No.3520784
File: 228 KB, 551x800, 1451412011869.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3520474
This nigga knows.

>> No.3520838

>>3520223
It's the same thing, but with the fishing minigame in the main menu. All the little adjustments are trivial.

>> No.3520906

>>3520725
>What the hell is wrong with LoM's battle system?
Everything, it's clunky, unbalanced, there's no point in doing combos since linking the first attack of any weapon stunlocks enemies and damages them much faster than combos, mostly because combo strings are not only slower but have wonky hitboxes and bad timing in active frames, weapon arts are either too strong or useless, everything dies in a few hits, you don't need to learn crafting because enemies die even faster than just using random weapons even on the hardest difficulty setting, no enemy poses a threat as you're too strong for any of them and you're given a generous amount of healing items after any encounter and you'll level up like mad while naturally solving scenarios or puzzles.

It is a 10/10 game for anything else but the combat design, just like any Mana game.
>>3520761
You're welcome, OP asked about those four games, I gave my 2 cents on those.
Besides, I did point out an alternative when it comes to BoF, and as one who doesn't play games for the plot I have a different sense of adventure than most people.
For me an adventure is playing roguelikes or Sim-RPGs, not following a predetermined story on rails to the next cutscene, so I'd suggest OP to play something more freeform like Daggerfall, if we're talking about PS games I'd say play SaGa Frontier/SaGa Frontier II, if he knew japanese I'd tell him to play Bardysh, Zill O'll or Lunatic Dawn games, but considering his taste he probably wouldn't like those.

Out of the ones he posted I'd personally tell him to go for LoM, mostly due to my own bias, but BoF IV might be just what he needs honestly, as long as he can deal with a shitty translation and a few cut scenes due to censorship, I don't know what else he could like.

>> No.3520921

>>3520776
No, Seiken Densetsu 3 is Secret of Mana 2 (though I'd prefer you didn't call it that). Legend of Mana has pretty different gameplay from those two so don't go in expecting the same game.

>> No.3520928

>>3520168

If you want to embark in an adventure, play Grandia. It's like watching an anime from the early 90's, with top notch character design and light hearted story.

Also, the combat system is excellent.

>> No.3522872

>>3520906
>It is a 10/10 game for anything else but the combat design, just like any Mana game.
SoM and SD3 are probably my favourite JRPG's. It never occurred to me that they had 'bad' combat. I'm also therefore inclined to think I'll probably enjoy The Witcher 3 despite all the complaining i see on/v/ about its combat.

So regarding BoFIV, can you play it without having played III? And is it a more satisfying adventure/story?

>>3520928
>>3520506
I almost forgot about that one. I'd heard it was too easy but it seems like that's a common theme in most of these games.

>> No.3522893

>>3520906
>>3520723
This guy knows. LoM has a ton of potential, but sadly falls short in a number of places, especially the combat. It really doesn't feel like an adventure though.

FFVIII is divisive, some love it and others hate it. It's also less of an adventure and the story is it's worst part.

BoF III is good but IV is better in almost every way.

I didn't like Suiko 1 all that much and couldn't ever get into 2 so can't speak of it much.

>> No.3522904

>>3522872
>So regarding BoFIV, can you play it without having played III? And is it a more satisfying adventure/story?

Definitely yes to the first. They're essentially all contained. To the second, I think so strongly but others disagree. Personally I think BoF IV has one of the strongest stories there has been in a JRPG. That's faint praise, but still praise.

>> No.3522906

>>3520921
[/spoiler]I kinda want to buy a reproduction of Seiken Densetsu 3[/spoiler]

>> No.3523072

>>3520474
With you on that, but at the same time, BoF3 was amazing. God, I wish there was another in the series; Breath of Fire was what started my love affair with RPGs. They were everything I ever wanted in a video game, barring just a little more interaction in the battles.

>> No.3523693

>>3520168
Those games are all pretty bad. How you managed to pick 4 shitty jrpg's on a system full of a good ones is impressive.
>>3520381
>Suikoden 2's story is very good
Good lord....
>>3520723
You forgot to mention how bad the music and level design in Suikoden 2 is. Also the endless technical problems like the translation that isn't even finished and has placeholder text left in, and also completely untranslated lines of random letters and numbers. Also some parts there's a bug where there's no music at all, not that that's a bad thing really.
>>3520921
>No, Seiken Densetsu 3 is Secret of Mana 2
No, Secret of Mana is Seiken Densetsu 2.
>>3520928
This. If you want "Adventure", play the gamearts stuff - Lunar and Grandia.

>> No.3523937
File: 48 KB, 1243x931, 1271557492564.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3523072

>> No.3523945

>>3523693
>not that that's a bad thing really
Yeah, the war theme sucks and doesn't fit slow-as-molasses TBS. It would've been more suited for a cut scene.

>> No.3523948

Grandia.

>> No.3524004

>>3520168
Legend of Mana, so long as you're willing to put up with the poor combat. It has an interesting world to explore and great aesthetics.

>>3520506
Yeah, Grandia would likely be a better choice. Vagrant Story or one of the King's Field games would be better options as well in my opinion.

>>3523937
5 is the only game in the series I could really get into. The slow-moving plot, constant random encounters, and long combat animations eventually killed my interest in the others.

>> No.3524028

>>3523693
>Suikoden 2's story is very good
>Good lord....

Bad story?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LztKd4y4k44

>You forgot to mention how bad the music and level design in Suikoden 2 is.

Bad music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=473L99I88n8

Bad music and story?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inRwD4maiy8

Suikoden II was beautiful. I think you're being overly harsh about the story and music.

The worst part of the game is if you don't do a million easily missable things it gives you a horrifically tragic ending. You have to read a guide like it's your personal bible to avoid it.

>> No.3524067

>>3524028
>The worst part of the game is if you don't do a million easily missable things it gives you a horrifically tragic ending.
The worst part of the game is how anticlimactic the final act is.
And there's also some awful balance between your party members.

Those things bother me way more than missable content.

>> No.3524140
File: 44 KB, 230x192, low ds.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3523937

5 was the best one the series

>> No.3524256

>>3523937
the only good BoF games were the playstation ones

>> No.3524279

>>3524028
I'm not a big fan of the "best" ending in Suikoden 2. I almost consider it a plus that it's easily missed.

>> No.3524542

some other PSX rpg's I've been looking into that may have adventure potential;
Legend of Dragoon
Valkyrie Profile
Star Ocean 2

Thoughts? I also looked into Vagrant Story but I'm turned off by the brown visuals and that it looks mostly indoors

>> No.3524545

>>3524542
oh and brave fencer musashi

>> No.3524547

>>3522872
>It never occurred to me that they had 'bad' combat.
I don't know man, I like the Mana series but combat never was its strong point, except maybe the very first Seiken Densetsu, it's not well designed on any level but a graphical one, there's really no challenge whatsoever in either learning it or fighting enemies, though I'd say it's a very good game for children on that point, it's simple and straightforward enough, plus it's visually charming and fun.
Then again, it's my opinion, if you like it good for you.
>So regarding BoFIV, can you play it without having played III?
BoF has some kind of pseudo continuity, but BoF III and IV aren't really connected, you'd need to play the whole series to understand the implied connections between games.
>And is it a more satisfying adventure/story?
I'd say yes, greatly so.

BoF III has a more epic but rather generic storyline and the beginning is pretty much boring and too much of a prologue, BoF IV gives you a pseudo dual scenario system in which you play both the usual BoF party with Ryu and Co. and the main antagonist's side, the story is focused on characters instead of an underlying great purpose in the protagonist(s) struggle, and I'd say that in its simplicity it's very well written, especially the villains' side.
But what is perhaps the most striking feature of BoF IV was its setting and score, it's truly some of the best stuff Capcom did when it comes to RPGs, only BoF V can rival it, and BoF V was incidentally a great game too in mechanics even though it was a great departure from the series' standards and wasn't well received.

>> No.3524550

>>3524542
>Thoughts? I also looked into Vagrant Story but I'm turned off by the brown visuals and that it looks mostly indoors

Vagrant Story is one of the few PS1 games that doesn't have gaudy 3D. Best looking 3D game in the system right there with Koudelka.

>> No.3524551

>>3524547
Well I'm convinced now to prioritise BOFIV over III

Were you implying Seiken Densetsu 1 had the best combat? I've actually never played it but it looked too simplistic being a game boy game

>> No.3524552

>>3524550
it's more that I like traversing large open worlds. Al I've seen from VS is dark indoor environments

>> No.3524575

>>3524551
>I've actually never played it but it looked too simplistic being a game boy game
Well, it was but the combat was more tightly designed in its simplicity, and for the time it wasn't half bad, especially considering the whole game design.
>>3524552
>Al I've seen from VS is dark indoor environments
Yes, VS is an experimental dungeon crawler and most of the game time is indoors in very claustrophobic dungeon, it's a great experience though, and has one of the most quirky and satisfying game systems in a Square game, although not without its flaws.

Also, I'll take the chance to give you some feedback on the other two games.
LoD is basically Sony's attempt at recreating a FFVII hit, problem is they've failed horribly in doing so, for its time it has subpar graphics, subpar music quality and a lot of really questionable design decisions, such as the overworld being a corridor, no sidequests at all besides one really long and nasty one and the terrible problem related to backtracking since the whole map is divided into four discs, so if you are on the fourth disc and want to go back to one of the first cities you have to swap to the first disc. Though the game does have some charm it's not what I'd call a good game on most levels.

Star Ocean 2 is pretty great if you like Tri-Ace standards, it can be kind of obtuse at times but there's a whole lot to do and see, I suggest you to play the PSP enhanced port though, it's a much better experience than the original, mostly because the translation is much better.
The game also has some nice difficulty settings to mess around with so you are forced to squeeze everything from the game, some good amount of neat exploits, significant choices and multiple endings, plus you can basically ship any character with the ones you want, there's no thing as railroaded relationships and romance except for Bowman to some degree. I'd say it's a pretty good game, it's not extraordinary but you won't be regretting spending hours on it.

>> No.3524576

>>3524542
>legend of dragoon
flawed, but I liked it
most people are divided when it comes to LoD
I liked the combat, story, characters and OST for the most part
I hated the 32 item limit for usable items, swapping discs to go to previous areas, the stardust quest, how butchered the dialogue was and disc 2 was meh
>valkyrie profile
I liked the gameplay , but getting the best ending is a bit cryptic and the game has a time limit of sorts
>star ocean 2
haven't played

Your criticism of VS is fair, there's a lot of brown and you'll be spending most of your time indoors
it's a dungeon crawler so there are no NPCs to interact with either
but I'd still give it a try because it's a rather unique and complex (too complex for its own good maybe) game
definitely one of my favourites

LoD is the most newb friendly of the ones you've mentioned so I'd go with that one first

>> No.3524580 [DELETED] 
File: 235 KB, 527x686, 1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

BoF2 is the best BoF game, with the best plot, dialogue and girl. Play re-translation, faggot.

>> No.3524583

OP, please disregard this>>3524580
, it's an autistic shitposter hell bent on shitting up every thread that mentions BoF, he's a longtime shitposter known as Kattfag.
Do not take the bait, report him and ignore him.

>> No.3524585 [DELETED] 
File: 30 KB, 365x214, 1474741212197.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3524583
Whatever lie makes you sleep better at night, you lowlife, but BoF2 is pretty well-known.

>> No.3524587

>>3524583
Noted.
On the topic of SNES JRPG's, how do the following rate for adventure feels?

Secret of evermore
Terranigma
Dragon Quest III / V
Final Fantasy V
Lufia II

>> No.3524592 [DELETED] 

>>3524583
>>3524587
Samefag.

>> No.3524605
File: 187 KB, 768x720, higan 2016-07-13 00-57-02-186.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3523937
My nigga. Shame people can't force themselves to configure an emulator ONCE to flavor BoF2 with fan re-translation, the only mod for any BoF game in existence (showing how much BoF community cares about that particular game), and instead falling for easy-access subpar in many regards experience like Breath of Fire 3 (PSN).

>>3524587
If you really gonna disregard that post, then I don't know, man. How much of a douche you must be and if there's someone out there who will want to suggest you anything. Let this thread be a one-man circus, then.

>> No.3524606

>>3524587
>Secret of evermore
If you like how Mana plays you'll probably like SoE, it's basically a Mana clone.
>Terranigma
It's a decent A-RPG game, nice themes and moments too, imagine a Zelda game with RPG elements and a buddhist theme, it's hella long though, like really, really long, so it might get a bit boring gameplay wise, but do give it a go and see if it clicks with you.
>Dragon Quest III / V
Not a DQ fan so I can't give you an unbiased opinion on the series, I simply don't like the series as a whole and have nothing but complaints.
>Final Fantasy V
Eh, it's kind of an expansion on FFIII's system, it's decent as far as a FF game can go, but not really that much of a game as you'll hear on the internet, though it does give you a lot of options to tinker with, play it and see if it clicks, production wise it's a FF game so graphics and music are pretty good.
>Lufia II
Pretty much the definition of average JRPG imho, nothing really stands out besides the pseudo dungeon crawler mode extra dungeon, many people here praise the score and the game's puzzles, but I personally can't see the charm in this series.
It does have a somewhat neat isometric SRPG spinoff called Energy Breaker which is loosely related to the Estpolis Denki/Lufia series, but then again, it's not really that much of a game if you ask me, and it's slow as all hell, Yasuhiro Nightow of Trigun fame did the character designs for the game though.

>> No.3524607

>playing video games

shiggy diggy

>> No.3524614

I'm on the "love" side of the FFVIII split. It's definitely worth a try to see for yourself how you feel.

>> No.3524673 [DELETED] 
File: 235 KB, 527x686, 1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why my posts
https://desuarchive.org/vr/thread/3520168/#q3524580
are deleted, but >>3524583 is still up? Why janitors believe this kind of crap telling that I am the shitposter that "ruins" threads? I have a proof where it really shows who and how:
https://a.pomf.cat/codugv.jpg

>>3524583
>take the bait
That modded Breath of Fire II is a damn good game? I am not the only one who has praised it here either, open your damn eyes.

Basically, that shitposter who is also >>3524256 is obviously having a hissy fit over SNES BoF games for whatever reason and uses every opportunity to blacken them out. He is trying to play around "that guy Kattfag" every time to make people think that I am the only one who likes the game and that I am a shitposter because I attach a retro video game character I like and would like if someone else also did pictures to my posts, but he's dead wrong considering numerous 125+ BoF2 threads with and without my "intermission" that have been held here and the caption I've already linked.

>> No.3524819 [DELETED] 
File: 34 KB, 398x227, Hunting for (You)s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3524673
>waaaaaah everyone who doesn't like BoF2 is the same person who's also out to get me
Keep playing the paranoid victim here, Kattfag.
Your cancerous shitposting is known all over the videogame boards, you're not fooling anyone but newfags.
People don't hate BoF II, you make them hate it, they hate your shitty attitude and obsessive shitposting, just like your recently deleted post showed.

And don't play the archive card because you don't want me or other people to make a collage with your most cancerous shitposts from /v/, /vg/ and /vr/ so that you get banned on sight, you're an eyesore in every BoF thread and the reason why nobody but people who are not aware of your existence makes them anymore.

And now fuck off with your shitty personal drama, once you learn to behave like a human being maybe people will want to talk to you.

>> No.3524829

>>3524819
This guy gets it. BoF 2 is good. Katt obsessed furfag is annoying as fuck.

>> No.3524836

>>3524547
I had been disheartened by the comments on how "BoFIV was bland and uninteresting", but I'm glad to see other people who get what's great about the game.
The setting, the art direction, the score... It feels so different from everything else and yet it is so pleasant. I love the east/west theme, how inspired by Chinese it is(I'm a huge chinaboo). There are a lot of little things that make this game just a delight to play.

>> No.3524849
File: 96 KB, 640x480, 16-Breath_of_Fire_IV_02440.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3524836
Anyone who calls that game bland wasn't paying attention.

>> No.3524863 [DELETED] 
File: 339 KB, 604x480, 2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3524819
How can you even open your mouth after everything about you that I've exposed in my caption? Playing the "I didn't notice"? Okay, I'll link it again just in case:
https://a.pomf.cat/codugv.jpg

If you want to prove anything, feel free to make your "collage".

>> No.3524882 [DELETED] 
File: 3.60 MB, 320x320, 1464192325032.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3524863
>all that effort

>> No.3524887 [DELETED] 

>>3524863
>faggy Nina apologist
>how to spot a faggot
>I'm being persecuted guys!
>OMG the mods are sooo mean!

Lol. No one here likes you. Take the hint.

>> No.3524889 [DELETED] 
File: 55 KB, 879x253, 2016-09-27.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3524819
Don't you think you are the one who promotes "personal drama" by constantly calling me by name, by singling me out from the anonymous? And then accuses of replying to it, as I was the one who started it all?
Don't you think your current attitude is one of those shitty ones that you accuse me of?
Don't you think you are aware that I have people supporting me and that most simply don't care?

Every your post now makes my caption and you can't do anything about that. You are an eyesore to your parents, pathetic random word erupting sociopath.

>> No.3524895
File: 82 KB, 506x549, Thanks Ershin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3524836
>There are a lot of little things that make this game just a delight to play.
Yeah, I'm more of a sim-RPG guy, I don't usually like linear RPGs but BoF IV is just so different and unique in what it did that it's one of those RPGs that even I can appreciate even though it's not mechanically all that great or original.

The world being a union of western and for once eastern but not japanese setting(and having the geographical layout reversed for once), the beautiful soothing pastel colours and aesthetics, the incredibly fluid and detailed sprites for PCs, NPCs and monsters and Yoshino Aoki's incredible score makes it a must play, and the cast and story aren't half bad either.

So yeah, thanks Ershin.
>>3524863
>How can you even open your mouth after everything about you
So you're that delusional to think I'm the same guy that you posted in your old ass caption?
That's some next level of delusion here.
Are you still going to rant about repaying your "debt" to /vr/ too?
>feel free to make your "collage".
Alright, if you insist that much I'll begin with this very thread, I'm sure you'll enjoy refreshing your IP even more frequently.

>> No.3525169 [DELETED] 

>>3524819
so you say, you want to compete with my former self in cancerous shitposts
you are not any better than me at this very moment, and not any less autistic reposting the same ironic accusations as a while back in some thread i may want to dig, you know
its undoubtedly you are shitting on 2 because you know it makes me reply
it doesnt matter if its not literally you, its figuratively you, the same kind of shitposts is being made that contributes nothing

i have had same ip for years. eagerly looking forward to screencaps

>> No.3525831

>>3524849
Fffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that.

>> No.3525975

>>3524551
>looked too simplistic
Which is why it's best. Too simple for them to seriously fuck it up. It's still a bad game, it's just less broken than the sequels.

>> No.3525985

>>3524542
>Legend of Dragoon
Instead try Shadow Madness, the superior FFVII knockoff. It's the most underrated JRPG.