[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 72 KB, 640x446, 8600-E-Front.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3466278 No.3466278 [Reply] [Original]

Holy fuck this game is awesome.

Just beat it again, first time with Kamaitachi. I always used Ninja before. Kaimatachi seems more easy, only the last Boss is more of a breeze with Ninja.

Still found out about new moves in this game just now.

So is Kaimatachi the best of the three or what? Any hints on beating it on hard? Only beat it on normal so far.

>> No.3466284

>the ending

>> No.3466286

>>3466284
some things never change...

>> No.3466287

>$100 cart

Does anyone actually have this thing? Why is it worth so much.

>> No.3466305

for me this game basically proved that a beat em up that lets you only go from left to right but gives you more moves to work with and a block option, makes a better game design than usual beat em ups.

>> No.3466314

>PAL shit

>> No.3466319

>>3466305
nah it's only good for SNES standards because the console sucked for beat 'em ups and a single plane worked better for its technical limitations. All the good games are on arcades, games like this or SoR are exceptions

>> No.3466964
File: 15 KB, 177x278, 1396549612103.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3466278
>tossing every mother fucker that looked at you as Ninja
>even sending bosses flying
Boss 2 is best theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xeOgCO4yTc

>> No.3467032

>>3466287
It's a very limited release, thats why i build my own repro for $18.

>> No.3467538

>>3466287
I have two copies. One I got with a huge bundle of shit I bought off ebay and another that I found at a flea market that I paid less than $5 for. It's probably the rarest game I ever found in the wild.

>> No.3470156

>>3466284
So good.

>> No.3470169

Love this game.
At first you think, hey this is pretty good.
Then you figure out all the moves.
And the combos.
I'm fucking flying from enemy to enemy with jump kicks holy shit this is the best game ever.

This and Wild Guns are the best action games on the SNES.

>> No.3470186

The first time I played this game I played it with Blue Ninja. I thought it was clunky shovelware because he couldn't jump.

>> No.3470191
File: 193 KB, 560x495, its-trash-son.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3466278
>no co-op

>> No.3470202

>tfw no Ninjawarriors Again arcade game with red blood and loosing flesh every time you take damage to reveal a metalic skeleton Terminator-style, just like in the original arcade game

>> No.3470361

>>3466287
I got mine a few years ago for like $10

>> No.3470362

>>3466964
>the Jew lawyers
Goddamn them and their Jew Jitsu

>not Boss 6 theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvhZQRZbqbE
Boss 2 looks awesome
>chainsaw samurai
Fucking metal

>> No.3470364

>>3466278
First of all, I recommend that you play the Japanese version no matter what.

The Japanese version has an extra enemy - not a grunt, but an actual enemy that is completely unique and adds a lot more challenge and variety to the gameplay. Beat'em ups are all about enemy combinations, and the female enemy in the Japanese version adds way more situations and challenges that are absent in the other versions.

When it comes to the character rankings, it goes like this:

Kamaitachi > Ninja > Great Wall of Mexico > Kunoichi

I can no-death clear the game with every character on hard mode, so I'm not just making things up.

To give you an idea... On hard mode, when I'm doing a no-death run:
Kamaitachi: 100% guaranteed
Ninja: 80% guaranteed
Kunoichi: 25% guaranteed

One big reason why Kamaitachi is better than Ninja is because Ninja cannot duck under certain mid-hitting boss attacks, which can be a bitch on Hard mode when you're surrounded by enemies. Against normal enemies though, Ninja is king. Kunoichi can duck under mid attacks too, but her damage output, reach, crowd-clearing, and a bunch of other aspects are just mediocre. She's especially hurt by the need to chain 4 hits to do her metered combo ender. The other two characters can do theirs after two hits.

Some important gameplay tips:

(continued)

>> No.3470375

>>3470364
Kamaitachi:
-Don't walk. Always crouch walk. You have literally no excuse to not crouch walk. It's faster, it keeps you safe from tons of attacks and you can even speed past enemies. For instance, start blocking then crouch walk and super jump repeatedly past entire groups.
-Stick with crouch punches. The combo enders in this game are all invincible. So when you do the crouch punches to sickle, you're invincible. This is both an offensive and defensive tactic. 2 crouch punches into combo ender is better than 4 standing punches into combo ender.
-Learn how to buffer crouch punches into the meter attack. It's not hard. You should be able to do this 100% of the time.
-Learn how to throw. It is NOT hard. Just do jab then forward/back+attack. You can do 1-4 jabs then throw. His throw grabs ALL enemies in range, not just one.

Ninja:
-Very important. You can choose which direction you giant swing enemies into. Hold up-back and throw to throw in the other direction. Keep this in mind when using Ninja.
-His dash charge is very useful. Do a dash charge on a distant enemy then grab him immediately after.
-His atomic drop throw has TONS of invincibility frames. You can chain atomic drop on 4 enemies in a row, for instance.
-Abuse the invincibility from his standing combo ender. You can also do his standing combo ender after crouching punches.
-His metered combo ender is excellent. Use it.
-His ONLY disadvantage is that he can't duck under certain mid attacks. That is it. He has absolutely no other weaknesses.

(continued)

>> No.3470381

>>3470362
I thought all boss themes were the same...well boss 5 is different

>> No.3470384

>>3470375

Kunoichi:
-She's the weakest. She's decent for normal-difficulty speedruns I guess because you can leap past groups of enemies.
-Her "strength" is aerial mobility. She has an excellent super jump (all super jumps automatically block attacks to the front), and her bounce-off jump kick is fun to use (but it does crappy damage so takes forever to kill enemies).
-Her strongest attack is her hold down+attack throw. But unlike the other throws in this game, this one has absolutely no invincibility frames and so it's only good against individual enemies and is not to be used in groups.
-She needs 4 hits to do her metered combo ender or any combo ender. That is horrible. And her normal attacks have pathetic reach too.
-Even though she's faster than Ninja she has a way worse time grabbing enemies because she has a smaller grab-box. Test it out yourself. Hard mode, then just walk up to the black enemies and see how often you get hit. When you're using Ninja you will NEVER get hit because you'll grab first. But with Kunoichi you'll find yourself getting hit before you can grab.
-So how to use her on hard mode? Use her super jump a lot so that you don't get surrounded. Use her bounce-off jump kick against groups of enemies. Play safe. Jab into grab into throw.

>> No.3471207

>>3470364
>>3470375
>>3470384

wow thx man, just the infos I need, appreciate it!
Ok, I will get the jap rom, curious for that.

I feel also Kamaitachi is better than Ninja, is that he gets faster in block mode. Unless you are in the middle of a move with Ninja, he takes a slow swing before blocking. Thats really gets me in trouble. Or am I doing something wrong?
Also dat jab speed. But yeah, his ducking moves are extremely useful.

with buffer into meter attack you mean, c.punch c.punch then meter attack right? yeah thats easy.

Kamaitachi grabs all enemies in range? cool have to try that.

Didnt know that about Ninjas swing attack. Atomic drop is his back breaker?

What do you mean with super jump btw? There are super jumps in the game?

I never got Kunoichis down+ attack throw. So I just hold it? To make more hits? It seems weird.

Would you agree btw that the last boss is by far the easiest with Ninja?

>> No.3471227

>>3466278
>Titus.......

>> No.3471252

>>3471207
no prob. glad to help.

-Honestly, I don't bother blocking much with Ninja except against certain bosses, because Ninja's offense is so good at crowd-clearing. His attacks have amazing reach; his grab-box is huge; his throws have amazing crowd-clearing; his combo ender comes out fast and hits back and front; and against distant enemies you can dash charge to hit them then grab them. I rarely ever block against normal enemies at all when using Ninja. Blocking is needed against hard-mode bosses though, but that's mainly for things like boss wake-up attacks (because some bosses have wake-up invincibility moves).

-Yeah, that's what I meant by metered attack.

-Yes, the atomic drop is the back breaker throw.

-What I meant by super jump is the "leap" you do when you press jump while blocking.

-For Kunoichi's down+throw, you do the throw but keep the attack button held and she'll do more hits. It's the only throw that doesn't have invincibility though so you can get hit out of it, which sucks, because the brunt of the damage is the last hit.

-Absolutely. The last boss is easiest with Ninja because you can just stay at a corner and giant swing enemies onto the boss. You can do the same with Kamaitachi though. It can be tricky with Kamaitachi until you get used to doing his forward throw. Unlike his back throw, which you can perform even if the tip of your jab touches an enemy; for his front throw, the enemy needs to be a bit closer to you.

>> No.3472673

>>3466287

Same reason every other SNES games are exorbitantly priced on eBay - people who never played the games back in the 90's are just now finding out about them, only to run into the old "supply and demand" conundrum.

That's why it's best to stick with emulation unless you're truly autistic about decorating your shelves like retro gaming critics on Youtube.

>> No.3473123

>>3472673
No. Nintendo somehow always rise extremely in value once the system is outdated. 2 years after the Gamecube was dead, some of the prices for the games were crazy, also check them now. I dont think Gamecube has so much of an retro appeal.
You can pick up some SNES games for 15-20 bucks.
N64 also varies from dirtcheap to diamond status.

I guess the game is just a rare release.

>> No.3473994

>>3470364
Rad posts. Makes me want to get back into the game.

>> No.3474129

>>3471252
just beat it on hard.
I had to block with Ninja sometimes, mostly against those small monkey enemies with claws. Im just not fast enough with Ninja to somehow stop them, so I have to block first somtimes, and then attack.

Also the firebreathers gave me trouble because of the range. Alone, I just dash to them and grab them. But in a group, I cant get to them and they out-range me.

Robots were also sometimes a problem. I mean especially in groups, sometimes had trouble avoiding their throw. Getting behind them was not always easy/possible. And too dangerous to try and grab them.

Other than that, was surprised how little of a problem I had with the bosses, your tactic helped me immensely against Boss 5,6,7.

Oh, and now I have to try the JAP version.

>> No.3474570

>>3466278
I remember beating it long ago, not sure if on hard. Awesome game indeed.

>> No.3474620
File: 44 KB, 282x500, battle seque den.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Any other game that does the single lane brawler this well?

>> No.3474743

>>3474129
With Ninja, using his metered combo ender to do ranged damage and crowd-clearing is really key to taking down the trickier enemies like the fire breathers, which are the most annoying enemy in the game. I can't stress how good his metered combo ender is. It covers nearly the full screen and hits jumping enemies too. This move is very useful against difficult enemy group combinations. Once it knocks down everything you can okizeme grab and finish them off.

As for the dwarf enemies, when they're the only type of enemy on screen, you can just spam crouching punches and that will hit them out of their aerial attacks. Then okizeme them with anything. If they're in combination with something tricky then metered combo ender --> knockdown --> okizeme.

Also, if you want, it helps to know the enemy spawn points. On the really challenging parts, you can just trigger 1-2 of them at a time rather than dashing all the way toward the right and triggering all of them at once.

Against multiple robots, don't shoulder charge because that only makes contact with a single enemy and will let the other ones grab you. Instead, use the forward aerial rocket-booster-spinning-attack into the group of robot enemies. What that does is it will knock down any non-robot enemies, and let you safely grab a robot. Once you grab a single robot, you can go to town with them using repeated atomic drops or constantly throwing a robot into the other robots in the corner. As an alternative, you can also use the metered combo ender to knock down the robots from the opposite end of the screen (robots are slow, so other enemies will come toward you, letting you do the metered combo ender in safety), then okizeme grab them into oblivion.

>> No.3474756

>>3474620
The original game on the arcade is actually quite good.

Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure is pretty good too.

>> No.3475827

>>3466278
back in the day diehard gamefan wrote, ninja warriors again looks like a neogeo game. And it does!

>> No.3476696

>>3475827
>gamefan

That was the best game magazine back in the day.

>> No.3478627

>>3473123

The Wii being retrocompatible with the Gamecube made that happen

>> No.3480719
File: 945 KB, 2000x1500, images.duckduckgo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3476696
i miss it

>> No.3482351

>>3480719
Me too.