[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 105 KB, 1104x723, gunparade_march_by_sumiobunnya-d5sff8t.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3428194 No.3428194 [Reply] [Original]

Masterpiece.
Groundbreaking.
Epoch-making.
This game was made by literal super-humans.
Since we're nearing its 16th birthday next month I figure I should make a thread about this behemoth explaining its mechanics as well as pay homage to it, and maybe tip off someone's interest to play it.

So let's start with the setting first, then I'll move to the gameplay (in which will have to be split in two parts and will take most of the posts, hopefully I don't forget anything), and then maybe a bit about characters without spoiling much.

So the setting is similar to MuvLuv (MuvLuv was clearly inspired by GPM) in which during World War 2, a black moon appeared on the sky along with monsters called Phantom Beasts.

These beasts conquered more than half of the Earth, and now Japan is the last line of defense against these beasts.

When even Japan couldn't hold it's lines against the Phantom Beasts, the Japanese government ordered to enlist teenagers to fight in the war.

The game drags you to the story of the 5121 squad of a military school in the region of Kumamoto/Kyuushu, where you play as a regular student, but also a soldier fighting in a war for your own survival.

If you're interested in what may be one of the greatest games ever made, you should check this thread out, and if you're crazy enough to read through all of this (this is going be series of really long posts, but I hope you enjoy them if you're curious about this legendary 20th century masterpiece)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BauRKricfjc

>> No.3428196
File: 308 KB, 840x1200, 2P506360.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3428194
Moving on to the most difficult to talk about, most intriguing, and most complex part of the game.
The gameplay.

To talk about it, I'll have to split this subject in two parts:
School mode, and Battle mode, each of which has a lot of depth so I'll try my best not to forget anything.

--School Mode
Where do I even begin.
The game doesn't have a main character per se.
**Every single character is bound by the same rules you are**
So, school mode resembles a lot from games like Persona 4. It's a dating sim, except the game really emphasizes the "sim" part.

Characters walk around and go by their own business, they have their own "schedule" (if you can call it that, they just do what they want or what they should do at the time)

So to socialize with characters the game has what it's called "suggestions", which is really topic conversations, but they vary a lot.
They range from "how are you" to "do this work for me", and "let's go on a date", but each character may react to a suggestion differently depending on several other mechanics that work together simultaneously.

I might as well say that this game has *2 types of currency, real money and respect.
Each suggestion requires respect, which is spent after you do said suggestion. Each suggestion requires a different amount of respect, but we'll talk about this later since it requires a bit more insight to it.

So when you make a suggestion an X-Y axis appear, with the X axis representing how emotional you are (very emotional or cold) when making the suggestion, and the Y axis being the sound of your voice (loud or quiet), and another X-Y axis follows with the emotion, with each axis representing a different emotion (rage, embarrassment, joy, etc.)

So depending on how you place the X-Y axis, a character may accept your suggestion (which usually increases your relationship towards them), or refuse it. Other mechanics will influence whether your suggestion succeeds or not as well.

>> No.3428202

I always wanted to play this, but
>no English translation

>> No.3428203
File: 47 KB, 538x480, 287534327.1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3428196
I'm just getting started lads.

So as previously stated, suggestion may increase or decrease your relationship with characters.
You have two "bars" of relationship that fill up to 120 points. The friendship bar and the romantic bar.

Each time you do a suggestion, if it succeeds you gain points toward each type of relationship.
Now this is where it requires a bit more of attention.
**You have your relationship points towards a character, and said character has relationship points towards you which are independent to yours**

What this means is, if your suggestion fails, in most cases, you will win relationship points *with respect to that character*, but that character will lose relationship points *with respect to you*.

This means that if you keep talking to a character and this character constantly refuses your suggestions, your relationship bar will increase to maximum (which means you're crazy in love with this character), but the character will decrease her relationship to you to minimum (full hatred).

This is what the game calls "one-sided love".

And as explained before, you are not special. All characters are bound by this rule as well, which means each character has friendship points and romantic points established towards each other, and this is completely away from your control.

Characters fall in love with each other, they make rivalries, they become friends and help each other in their work.

As this game is AI driven, it's very common for a character to walk up to you and use their suggestions on you.

New suggestions (and battle skills as well) unlock if you increase your relationship with a character after certain level. Usually it also triggers their events. Each character has their own arc, and their own events which further moves the plot forward, and reveals more of the setting.

Another thing that impacts a lot of the games mechanics is the "atmosphere" mechanic, which impacts the success rate of suggestion as well.

>> No.3428204
File: 125 KB, 1024x768, kabegami_toh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3428203
Atmosphere depends on each character's moods (yes, each have their own mood which is another factor when it comes to suggestions), it depends on characters relationship to each other and which character is on the same room as you currently are.

So if a character is in love with another, and they're by themselves, A "sexy atmosphere" starts, in which they say things different than usual.
They also get really pissed off if someone walks in the room and disrupts the atmosphere. This includes if two NPCs are in love with each other, and in said atmosphere and you walk into the room, they get mad at you.
"Serious atmosphere" is if a teacher is around, and other types of atmosphere happens if a character is in a bad mood, or if a character died the other characters get in a gloomy mood which ruins the atmosphere as well.

So atmosphere is important for what type of suggestion succeeds, but depending on the atmosphere you can and can't do certain things. You can't work or train during "lazy" or "sexy" atmosphere, for instance.

Also worth noting that if you end up falling in love with more than one character, get ready for jealousy-ridden characters, as they may stab you giving you a sad game over.

Another mechanic is the "look" mechanic, in which you may see each characters stats, items, mood and even what they're thinking.

I personally think it's amazing how Alfa system did NOT waste opportunities in this game. As you look around through the characters, you start seeing some really weird shit, or just stuff that characterizes the characters very nicely.

For instance you notice the cat has god-like stats or you notice a girl has a lot of broken glasses in her pocket, because she falls a lot and break them, or a character who has many ear rings as well in their inventory.

So yeah this game has an inventory system, you can give items to characters and each character has their own likes and dislikes as to what gifts you give them.

>> No.3428208
File: 106 KB, 1024x768, kabegami_moe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3428204
And since characters are bound by the same rules you are, they also give you gifts, they propose trading things to you, as well as ask you who are you in love with. They can ask you to help them in their work (several types of work available), or help them train.

Also as previously mentioned you have stats: physical, energy, intelligence, athleticism and even attractiveness.
All of which can be increased by training them, and all of which has different effects.

**Physical and energy - The more you have, the more you can do things like work, train and study without getting tired or having to eat.

Physical stat *alters* your damage during battle in both tank(mech) mode and as scout.
Energy stat influences your energy during battle as well, as each action requires energy to be pulled off. The more you have of these two the better off you are fighting, and just about everything else.

**Intelligence : This affects how well you can learn skills that requires studying.

Note: I cannot afford going into every single skill there is, even in this thread. There are many of them and each has their own effects, both in battle mode and school mode.

Athleticism: Influences mostly battle mode, it alters your attack, defense and evasion.

Attractiveness: Influences suggestion success rate, and the amount of points to friendship bar and romance bar you give.

Morale: The more morale you have, the more serious the NPCs around you will be around you. They will work harder if you have high morale, and they will work not as efficiently if you have low morale. This also applies to battle mode.

Note*** Training with characters with high X stats will give more points when training with them (asking a character to train with you is a possible suggestion).

>> No.3428212
File: 85 KB, 1024x768, kabegami_hara.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3428208
Shit, I'm not even in battle mode yet.

But let's talk about currencies

So you have money that you can use in a black market shop to buy stuff ranging from items that increase stats, items that increase the points you earn in training, items that increase the points you earn in maintenance, and you also have items/weapons that you can buy to use it in battle.

You can also work part time on that shop for money, but if you do it a lot you lose respect among your fellows (other events make you lose respect as well)

Also, you pay war tax on each item you buy. The attention to detail in this game is insane.

The second is the one mentioned earlier, called respect. It's won by winning battles, winning medals for certain achievements, and other fishy ways as well.

Since I won't be talking a lot about skills (it would be way too long if I did), for instance, if you have level 3 of the "information" skill, you can program an item that gives you 2000 of respect points**very useful to know this if you plan on playing the game

You spend respect not only with suggestions, but you may also call your higher ranks from the army and requests weapons not sold on the black market, you can request for a promotion, a day off or supplies.

If you can get the skill of officer to level 3, the "price" required to demand things from the higher ups lowers quite drastically.

You can even bake cookies in this game as well (if you have the ingredients).

>> No.3428217 [DELETED] 
File: 131 KB, 1000x883, c0136185_2104783.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3428212
Moving on to battle mode

**Note: I'm skipping a lot of things otherwise it would be way too much even for madmen to read, things such as skills and superpowers[/spoilers], which would spoil the game I think.

So battle mode you start in a mech called Samurai Spirit Mass Production Model, which is really a mech with missile pods attached to its back.

The battle system is as follows:
-It's turn based
-Each turn is divided into 10 subturns

*You have two ways to pilot your mech
-Manual mode
-Automatic mode
Just like regular cars. Beating the game in automatic mode is possible but hard as fucking balls. Playing in Manual is pretty much necessary, recommended and much more fun

Playing in manual mode opens up command prompts which defines your action (run, shoot, jump, etc).
-Each command you have is separated into line of codes
-Each command takes a different amount of subturns to execute, and requires a different amount of energy
For example
Run -> GFFG
Each letter represents a subturn, so it takes 4 subturns for you to run
Enemies also work in subturns but they usually just turn around and shoot.

Your weapon has its range, going from length and radius in which it can reach. You also have to aim your weapon in proper position.

**But the genius part of this game is the combination of commands that makes other actions.

For example, if GFFG is to run and FFGFF is dash, a combination of run + dash becomes
GFFGFFF, and not GFFG|FFGFF

Essentially, you "recycle" your previous codes to make yourself more efficient, and do more actions in the least possible amount of subturns.

This is just the tip of the damn iceberg.
Let's say you have 3 commands, jump forward (JF), Slash(FS), and sheathe blade (SV)
You can do the following code
JFSV, so what you do is you compress 3 actions into 4 action codes and not 6 (sheathe blade is the action of returning your blade, but doing so allows you to strike the enemy, so you're essentially striking the enemy twice)

>> No.3428220

>>3428212
Moving on to battle mode

**Note: I'm skipping a lot of things otherwise it would be way too much even for madmen to read, things such as skills and [spoilers]superpowers[/spoilers], which would spoil the game I think.

So battle mode you start in a mech called Samurai Spirit Mass Production Model, which is really a mech with missile pods attached to its back.

The battle system is as follows:
-It's turn based
-Each turn is divided into 10 subturns

*You have two ways to pilot your mech
-Manual mode
-Automatic mode
Just like regular cars. Beating the game in automatic mode is possible but hard as fucking balls. Playing in Manual is pretty much necessary, recommended and much more fun

Playing in manual mode opens up command prompts which defines your action (run, shoot, jump, etc).
-Each command you have is separated into line of codes
-Each command takes a different amount of subturns to execute, and requires a different amount of energy
For example
Run -> GFFG
Each letter represents a subturn, so it takes 4 subturns for you to run
Enemies also work in subturns but they usually just turn around and shoot.

Your weapon has its range, going from length and radius in which it can reach. You also have to aim your weapon in proper position.

**But the genius part of this game is the combination of commands that makes other actions.

For example, if GFFG is to run and FFGFF is dash, a combination of run + dash becomes
GFFGFFF, and not GFFG|FFGFF

Essentially, you "recycle" your previous codes to make yourself more efficient, and do more actions in the least possible amount of subturns.

This is just the tip of the damn iceberg.
Let's say you have 3 commands, jump forward (JF), Slash(FS), and sheathe blade (SV)
You can do the following code
JFSV, so what you do is you compress 3 actions into 4 action codes and not 6 (sheathe blade is the action of returning your blade, but doing so allows you to strike the enemy, so you're essentially striking the enemy twice)

>> No.3428223
File: 131 KB, 1000x883, c0136185_2104783.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3428220
Oh, we're not done yet
So if you do 2 commands, depending on the line of code, you might end up getting 3 commands, or even more

For instance, if you use the Jump forward command (JF) and the command for smoke bomb (SMOKE)
It becomes JFSMOKE, but look closely. J(FS)MOKE.
You end up getting a slash there for free

The amount of depth this adds to the combat with all the skills that you have is fucking amazing

Here's a video of a small demonstration of the combat https://youtu.be/0ANUp_X3VQ0?t=116
watch just 1 minute.

Also I love the SFX of this game so much I could fuck it.

But that's not all of it. The game explains that your mech can do a sliding to adjust the aim. It's as if you slipped your feet to go slightly forward, backwards or to the sides. This is great to avoid enemy range, and adjusting your own aim. It's like using slippery feet to your own advantage.

For example, to turn around command (TW) and shoot (GAGWAG), putting them together it's TWGAGWAG, and the slippery foot command is WG, so T(WG)AGWAG.

Very useful to avoid close range enemy strikes when you're shooting but cannot move your body.

Mechs have their own stats which I cannot afford going in depth in, but each stat is decreased if the mech is damaged, and to increase the stat again you have to repair your mech during School mode.

**It's worth noting that you have a team of 3 people working in maintenance for each mech, including your own. Your reputation with the mechanics as well as your relationship with them defines how well they work on your mech, and how efficient they are. If your mech is destroyed in battle your reputation with them decreases, making them slower to repair your stuff, or if they hate you they might not work on your mech at all

Your mech's weight which defines how many action codes you can input during each turn.
You can do 9 steps per turn depending on the mech.
If your mech is too heavy then it lowers how many steps you have per turn accordingly.

>> No.3428227
File: 50 KB, 800x600, ss+2011-04-02.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hopefully last post about combat mode
You don't have to play as a mech pilot, you can play several other positions in game as well.
If you have enough morale just ask for the higher ups to change your position in battle.

Each type of mech is quite unique and position varies the type of strategy you will use greatly. The battle system is the same though, still.

So I still left a lot of things out, but this game is just brimmed with detail. You can almost do anything in it. It really is a simulator game.

I want to also talk a bit about miscellaneous stuff.
The atmosphere of the game besides fighting against monsters is a very "daily life, high school normal" type of atmosphere. You barely even forget you're fighting supernatural monsters.

But then suddenly an NPC walks up to you and say he heard the voice of the mechs..."crying"...

And then you're living your normal life and a girl comes up to you and say she hears voices of..."ghosts", or you see a fairy of good luck behind a girl, etc. etc.

The game's setting also involves multiverse/multiple dimensions so if you're into that...

A girl that comes up to you and start talking as if she wasn't human...
All sorts of crazy shit happens in this game despite the normal/common life atmosphere.

The creators (Alfa system) has such good sense even in the parade song in the OP post feels cheesy, because it's supposed to feel cheesy, as one of the characters say "The army loves cheesy songs because it takes our hearts away from the horrors of the battlefield".

The game is completely non-linear. You will never play it the same way twice, and its non-linearity is on par, if not obviously superior to games like Romancing SaGa 2, with some amazing stuff you can do and how you trigger events

Might as well add, the story of this game is insanely good as well. This is definitely Alfa System's best, and most well done game to date.

With that said
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sjFc3ya6P4

>> No.3428230
File: 1.01 MB, 1280x720, Let us sing a march that transcends time.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

That's going to be it lads.
Happy 16th birthday Gunparade March!
May one day Sony remakes your for VR and the whole world will know the glory of the behemoth that was buried over PS2's success, yet still managed to gather so many fans through the power of word-of-mouth!

ALL HANDS TO GUNPARADE!
FOR THE FUTURE OF SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE
TO BRING HOPE TO THE LAND
AND DREAMS TO SKY
WE SING
GUNPARADE MARCH!
GUNPARADE MARCH!

>> No.3429717

>>3428230
Sounds pretty fucking neato but also needlessly convoluted. It also looks like ass.

>> No.3429718

>>3429717
It's not all that convoluted when you get to play it
You got all that going on at once, but it just flows nicely that you don't even notice all the things going on at once

Also yeah, but the combat has great looking animations and really freaking great sound effects that more than make up for it

>> No.3429741

Writing up something on this game has always been something I had been planning to do for some time, but it's nice for someone else to do it.

>> No.3429891
File: 139 KB, 500x281, 1460735695152.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>using the N.E.P for the first time

>> No.3429901

This is probably a dumb question but it's that's a translation available? Game sounds rad

>> No.3430197

>>3429901
Nope!

That's the tragedy!

>> No.3430218

>>3430197
Like any great seinen you'll have to study for four years or live in japan for two to even have a chance at making sense of it as well. The amount of text in GPM is enormous and translating it is such a daunting task that no one has done it.

>> No.3430643

>>3428223
>Your reputation with the mechanics as well as your relationship with them defines how well they work on your mech, and how efficient they are.

I'm really fucking hard right now
Why hasnt anyone picked this game up for translation yet

>> No.3432771

I loved this gamewhen I played it like, 4 years ago

I still remember some of the random funny stuff that happened

>some dude is like ikemen in his 20s
He goes out of the classroom and says
>Hey everyone! Let's beat the shit out of Nonomi!! (She was like, a 9 years girl)

Or when you romanced the cat

Very good game

>> No.3434835

>>3428194
Translation absolutely never ever

>> No.3435042

Downloading

>> No.3435371

Sounds dope as fuck, but i bet it was all like >>3432771 said. Nonsense dialog and the only way to win is by META.

That said, i still wish i could play it just to see that level of ambition put in...

>> No.3435592

>>3428194
it ok.

>> No.3437126

>>3432771
>try to beat up the 9 years girl
>tfw you get beaten up instead

>> No.3437290

TL;DR
I remember playing this a couple of years back. I didn't get too far in because honestly I'm not the biggest SRPG fan but I thought the game was interesting. Some of the character portraits are mad ugly and the over-world is slow as shit though.

>> No.3437379
File: 563 KB, 1920x1080, 1434148580362.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>See my waifu hanging around
>Hey pretty lady, how ya doin'? Wanna go ou-
>Hayami... can mere humans defeat us?
>mfw

>> No.3437387

>>3437290
The battle system can really fuck your shit up if you suck at strategy games

It's nothing short of genius though

>> No.3437571

>>3437290
>over-world
>slow
Just teleport nigga

>> No.3437576

Overhyped shit.

>> No.3437618

>>3437576
Had any issues with it?
I can help you figure it out, unless you're just shitposting for the sake of it.

>> No.3437690

>>3437618
Not him but yeah, I downloaded it yesterday and I'm kind of overwhelmed.

What should my schedule be?

>> No.3438940

>>3437690
On the first playthrough, build up strength, and energy as much as possible

Wait until the 3rd week when the backyard is built and put some armor to your mech, if you dont have it, order it

Not much more besides that, first playthrough is pretty much a tutorial, the game really starts on NG+

Ah... take your time before waifuing anyone... if you do it too soon you may fuck yourself up.

>> No.3439601
File: 165 KB, 844x800, 1450955151922.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Some dude just introduced himself as "the last boss of this game"

What

>> No.3439602

>>3439601
Pay no heed to that, wait until a character gives you the guide to beat the game.
Like, a guide that teaches you how to get through the story.

>> No.3441338

>>3438940
What is strength for? I can see energy is spent on your moves, but is strength only for when you're outside the shikongou?

>> No.3441490

>>3441338
you mean power on battle mode?
it affects all types of damage, including the ones you do with your mech
having more never hurts

heck, i've seen people one hit a minotaur with a punch

>> No.3442363

I've been playing this non-stop for 16 hours
Send help

>> No.3442397

>>3439601
dude, that sounds AWESOME as hell

>> No.3443032

This game sounds amazing.

I don't think my Japanese is anywhere near technical enough to understand it just yet, but I'll make sure to keep studying and put it on my list for a year from now.

I found copies of it everywhere when I was in Japan, and it looked like the coolest thing, so I was very curious about it. Great write-up OP, you've definitely convinced me to pick it up when I'm able to understand it.

Do you have the ability to manually scroll in-game text, or does it auto-scroll through some of it? If I can stop and look up kanji/words I don't know, it'd be fine.

>> No.3443783
File: 795 KB, 1000x637, 50670246_p0.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3443032
>does it auto-scroll through some of it
Only when starting the game, the game gives you a brief introduction and you have to be quite the fast reader to catch all of it

But if you can always read the prologue online, or you'll probably be able to get the "gist" of the setting just by reading parts of the prologue

Dialogue in-game and scenario in-game is all manual scrolling

>> No.3443795

>>3439602
Are you telling me this game features a time loop where the characters know they're in a time loop

>> No.3443819
File: 2.60 MB, 459x459, 1234123123.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3443795
what
what the fuck am I playing

I'm on april 26th so far

>> No.3443915

>>3443783
Excellent. There were a few lines of Twilight Syndrome that I didn't understand, so I just took pictures of the screen with my cellphone and researched them later, but it's way more convenient to do this.

Speaking of which, the game is also on PSN so I can play it on my vita... I wonder if it has screenshot support.

>> No.3443945

is the GPM anime any good

>> No.3443974

>>3443945
I don't know, but apparently the MC is voiced by Akira Ishida.

>> No.3444008

>>3443915
I bought it on PSN last year, it didn't.

Playing it on the vita is great though.

>>3443819
If it's your first playthrough, relax and discover the game.

The tips in the first posts are very useful for beginners imho

>> No.3444043

>>3444008
I still have my ps1 copy so I want to ask, how's the psn version?
Did they fix the characters unlock bug?

>> No.3444051

>>3444043
Haven't played it, but I am nearly positive Sony never changes (and might not even allow changes) to PS1 games put on the PSN store.

So it should be identical to the PS1 game.

>> No.3444057

>>3444043
>characters unlock bug
What's that?
And IDK, I beat GPM with A-rank and then moved on to another game

>> No.3444061
File: 66 KB, 345x156, 1445620396891.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3444057
>I beat GPM with A-rank
>A-rank
>beat

>> No.3444065

>>3444057
IIRC they're talking about the fact that you can play with all 20 characters of the cast if you apply a trick. People say it was because Alfa System didn't have enough time to finish it, but don't quote me on this.

>> No.3444068

>I beat GPM
What did he mean by this

>> No.3444082
File: 12 KB, 328x212, 1378841245041.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3444061
>>3444065
>>3444068
What?
I'm no completionist, but I beat the game and saw the ending/credits.
I just kept the others students alive and kept winning the battles which rewarded me an A-Rank. it was OK.
What are you trying to imply here?

>> No.3444090
File: 2.53 MB, 280x358, 1422721955436.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3444082
Sounds like you got stuck in the game's ruse cruise.

>> No.3444108

>>3444082
There's an S-rank where you truly beat the game.

>> No.3444116

>>3444108
What's the difference though? If it's just a different ending in credits then I'm not sure if it's worth it, though the idea of playing other characters is nice since I only played the girl (mai I think) and the first guy.

>> No.3444119

>>3441338
The OP posted some real nice info about stats, also that information skill for programming is really handy to know if you're starting

>> No.3444121

>>3444116
When you're on track for S-rank it opens several new events and battles with the true last boss of the game, and you quite literally beat the game.

OVERS and the loop still happens throughout the game unless you break out of it.

The true name, the blue, shit man S-rank is fucking amazing.

>> No.3444130

>>3444116
You have to go back

>> No.3444138

>>3444121
Yeah several things left me scratching my head but I thought the game just had a deep lore and there was no way out of it.
I guess I'm due for another playthrough since I'm curious about it
How do I get S-rank? I thought just not letting your friends die was enough for the best ending?

>> No.3444173
File: 59 KB, 500x482, 1469845399827.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw S-Rank
fuck me now I have to replay this again
that fucking unskippable tutorial though

>> No.3444205

>>3444138
You have to keep all characters alive and kill at least 300 beasts throughout the playthrough and get a medal for it.
The rest you'll have to figure it out.
Good luck.

>> No.3444493
File: 382 KB, 640x480, gsdx_20160822.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Welp, now I remember why I stopped playing this game

>1 vs 20 fight

Is this game for real?
I never managed to get through these, I always have to escape or skip the fight.
I also got my ass kicked in the Kumamoto castle fight

>> No.3444497

>>3444493
that's a pretty good terrain advantage though

>> No.3444502

>>3444493
git gud
that fight is piss easy if you upgrade your SK

>> No.3444507

>>3444502
>upgrade your SK
You can upgrade your shikongou?
Also you don't even have enough ammo to kill all of them on your own
This is insane

>> No.3444512

>>3444507
>You can upgrade your shikongou?
dude

>> No.3444530

>>3444512
is there even any mech game where you can't upgrade it?

>> No.3444531

>>3444493
>Buuta
Oh I think I remember that one, it's the one you can't use the N.E.P on it right?
You can upgrade your mech by calling a reunion and have your squad vote to upgrade it to an "Electronic Warfare type" instead of the "Assault type"

This unlocks the JAMM command that you can use to jam enemy missiles. Your mech gets hella heavy though.

How much do you have in athleticism? If your dodge is good enough you can still pass this by just using smoke bombs to avoid the lasers.

Use the assault strategy, in your pic do a dash to the left, if you have the Aim command do CAMISS and try to get the skullas ASAP and as many minotaurs as possible

>> No.3444545
File: 41 KB, 640x480, gsdx_201608220816.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3444531
>dashing in the middle of the enemies
Great idea, now what?

>> No.3444548

>>3444545
you forgot the smoke bomb lol
pray luck they dont fuck your shit up next turn

>> No.3444551

>>3444545
If you're alive next turn, immediately do JFS if the minotaur infront survives and slash him, either way use JFSMOKE and use the FS from it to finish him if he does not die

After that use the smoke bomb period and take down the skullas ASAP, do JSMOKESV next so you increase your dodge rate

>> No.3444561
File: 185 KB, 1920x1080, gsdx_082220160826.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'M ALIVE

>> No.3444565

>>3444561
im just glad you fixed your screenshots I guess
also forget what that dude said and do DO instead of SV, increasing your defense there > dodge
dont count on luck, if you die just wait for the next ng+ and take that on

>> No.3444569

This game sounds really cool, but how playable/enjoyable is it without knowing Japanese? I've pretty much given up on trying to learn.

>> No.3444571

>>3444565
Oh yeah you get a heavy armor for that fight right?

He probably won't last much without high dodge though

>> No.3444601
File: 52 KB, 247x248, 1431009975714.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/96707365/ShareX/2016/08/gsdx_0822201608-556.webm

>> No.3444605

>>3444601
he actually did it the absolute mad man
i guess you figured out the "not enough ammo problem" on your own huh

>> No.3444707

>>3444601
Nice, how much HP left?

>> No.3444896

>>3444569
That'd be equivalent to lifting a mountain with a spoon

I'd keep the tabs on vr maybe someone is willing to do a stream of the game (hope)

>> No.3446168

>>3444601
>that walking sound from the mech
I'm diamonds.

>> No.3446589

>>3444601
>those sound effects
>that music
I really need to play this game.

>> No.3446608

How realistic is it to use this game to learn kanji if I've forgotten literally all of them and have to go by dictionary?

>> No.3446681
File: 2.41 MB, 1280x720, N.E.P.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3429891
INTERDIMENSIONAL

>> No.3446685

>>3446608
Quite doable actually I think.
You'll have to memorize a bunch of stuff, but the dialogue in the game repeats a lot

I'm not sure how realistic it is to understand everything, but you can at least enjoy it somewhat if you keep tabs on a dictionary and search for the kanji and try to make out the meaning. If you read the intro from the OP post, the intro of the game doesn't tell you much more than that

Learn how to use SKIP code to search kanji will save you a lot of time too

>> No.3446691

>>3446681
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZA8Vwrtkpk

How the fuck, this game visually looks stunning.

>> No.3446694 [DELETED] 

>>3446589
>>3446691

>>>/wsg/1471937361821

>> No.3446697

>>3446691
>>3446589
>>>/wsg/1259067

>> No.3446714
File: 36 KB, 545x475, 1384456790977.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3446697
>>3446681
>each environment animation is unique, they never repeat (though some visual bugs sometimes occur)
>each weapon has a different animation
>They modeled all different mechs, and their equipment changes in the models as well
>You can change the color of the mechs and it's reflected in their 3D model in combat
>up to 10 colors available

It's been awhile since I've known this game and I still don't even

>> No.3446737

I'm still aiming for the S-rank
How do I check how many I've killed so far?
And how do you upgrade the assault type?
I cant find that option anywhere

>> No.3446807

>>3446737
Check medals
Ask for a reunion (use the call 呼ぶ suggestion, call everyone)
On the reunion you ask for them to vote to upgrade your mech
If the vote succeeds you upgrade it to Electronic Warfare type

>> No.3446856

>>3446807
>>3446737
don't forget to put pressure on the characters that dislike you and force them to agree

>> No.3446881

>>3446685
...Maybe I'll start with Romancing SaGa 2 though

Scienctific terminology was always my weakspot with Japanese

This is pretty heavy sci fi right, I'm trying not to spoiler myself but this game seems quantum physics af

>> No.3446887

>>3446881
Hmm, romaSaGa 2 is very easy to read, but it may be tough to beat if you get lost, and you will get lost in that game.

Like, really really get lost. If you want a game that that has a lot of Japanese to learn and you can still have fun there is
Tengai makyou zero
Legend of heroes III white witch (play hudson soft's version on saturn)
Any Summon night game
PoPoLoCrois 1 and 2
PoPoRogue
I'd also recommend some old tales games, but not so much
And yeah I don't think you can enjoy GPM with just a dictionary.

These games though, you can and they're all insanely good with very easy Japanese/Kanji. If you want to continue with romasaGa 2 though, go for it. It's a great game.

>> No.3448617
File: 17 KB, 300x232, 1328127351729.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm not letting this thread die until I reach S-rank
Oh you made me play this now we're going through all the way to the end.

I'm on april 9th and have 112 kills so far, can I reach 300 until the end ?

>> No.3448810

>>3428194
I had this game on my backlog for ages, should I play it?

I hear all good things about it, but it didnt
all that seem special

>> No.3448815

>>3448810
>all that seem special
seem all that special*
I need some sleep.

>> No.3448854

>>3448810
its not translated.

>> No.3448902

>>3448617
>april 9th and have 112 kills
easily

if you have this >>3446681 you're set

>> No.3448938
File: 51 KB, 500x375, weaboo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3428194
>Masterpiece.
>black moon
>phantom beast
>Japan is the last line of defense
>When even Japan
>enlist teenagers to fight in the war.
>School Mode
>VN

>This game was made by literal super-humans.

>> No.3448979

>>3448617
I'm on my second playthrough with Mai, I finished it yesterday and got rank D

>>3448938
I downloaded it thursday last week and I couldn't stop playing despite getting my ass handed to me in almost every fight

The combat system felt really clunky at first, but when you get the hang of it, it's really fun.

I don't remember the last time a game got me hooked like this

>> No.3449012
File: 41 KB, 645x773, 1416171755699.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3446697
>mfw

I'm a total sucker for mechs, and I need this in my life
Translation when?

>> No.3449014

>>3448979
That's normal, by each playthrough the game gets gradually easier as you learn which character gives what skills and all the hidden things.

It reminds me of that W101 webm, but with playthroughs instead of hours

>> No.3449026

>>3449014
Why does Mai get an item every day?
I got an item that handed me fucktons of yen, and some other stuff.

>> No.3449028

>>3449026
shibamura shenanighans

>> No.3449030

>>3428196
>It's a dating sim
Sounded like it could've been pretty cool....until you revealed that it's a massive pile of faggot shit.

>> No.3449032

>>3448979
To beat that fast you totally didn't romance Mai did you?

>> No.3449036

>>3449030
game's very different from normal dating sims though
it really fucks your shit up for being a waifufag if you are

>> No.3449038

>>3449032
I was told to avoid females on first playthrough.
I'm really curious what that was all about though

>> No.3449041

>>3449038
lucky bastard

>> No.3449050

>>3449038
It's because
Mai's arc has the hardest fight of the whole game. It's 3 fights in a row with several enemies, with the last fight being you and her alone against 30+ enemies. It's known as the "newbie killer" fight, and it really made a lot of people drop the game early on because they got their asses handed to them.

It's also not nice that you might trigger the event so early that you're not even remotely prepared for the anal devastation that fight will give you.

>> No.3449053

>>3449050
>it really made a lot of people drop the game early
you mean waifufags

>game unironically kills your waifu for going after her

this is the moment i realized alfa system were composed of god among men

>> No.3449060

>>3449026
She's OP af, and it's really easy to get the N.E.P with her, but she sucks at socializing
I'd go to the teacher's office and learn speaking skills or you'll get fucked because no skills

>>3449050
>All mech stats go down to E
that fight is just full JUST

>> No.3449349
File: 100 KB, 800x600, mai.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3449060
>>3449053
>>3449050
>>3449041
>>3449032
Fuck this bitch, she's the reason I got rank E on my first playthrough. She ruined everything

>> No.3449940

>current year
>waifu fags still btfo for trying to waifu the mc
wew

>> No.3450865

>>3449349
>>3449940
You know what they say

A Lack of Mai is a Void of Purchase.

>> No.3451061

how do I program things?

>> No.3451245

>>3451061
Go to the school building, to the right of the cafeteria there's a room there with a computer inside.

>> No.3451359

So I did a reunion to ask them to upgrade my shikongou but they kept refusing

How does that pressure thing work when trying to convince them of doing what I want?

>> No.3451541

>>3451359
iirc just have good relationships with others and they'll agree with your proposal
you have to know who dislikes you though, and put pressure on them
those who you have relationship above "best friend" will also put pressure on them as well

>> No.3451863

How hard is the kanji of this game?
I've been juggling with some RPGs lately but they feel really easy to me now and I figured I might need to step up my game.

Is this one too hard?

>> No.3453182
File: 98 KB, 1280x720, ガンパレード・マーチ Screen Shot 2015-07-14 03-43-36.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3451863
Not too bad, but can be challenging if you're only used to games with basic vocabulary

>> No.3453307
File: 41 KB, 240x339, moe[1].gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>you...you look like you have... 2 souls...

What did she mean by this?
Seriously

>> No.3453312

>>3453307
Clearly you had a twin that died while you two were still in the womb, like in that Amazing Twins OVA.

>> No.3453321
File: 68 KB, 500x627, 1413931501927.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3439601
>Nintendo's CEO is the last boss
>he literally tells you that when you meet him

Seriously, what other games do this?

>> No.3453406

>>3453307
She knows that the player is there influencing the MC's actions?

>> No.3453412
File: 290 KB, 486x750, 1378866056282.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3453321
>nintendo is the last boss of a sony game
Pottery.

>> No.3453430 [SPOILER] 
File: 200 KB, 1920x827, 1472186526674.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3444601
>YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES
I know that feel so hard
Back when I went head-on to Mai's arc, I had my ass beaten on that 3rd fight.

When I managed to get through it miraculously, the hype was so real I had to make a drawing of it, even though I sucked balls at drawing at the time.

This game is too good.

>> No.3453587

>>3453307
>level 3 of illusion sight
Schizophrenia

>> No.3453612

Well a longer time since played, so might remember a bit wrong ...

Anyway Gunparade March is not perfect, it is a great game and all but if you look around you will find tons of ways to break the game even at its start.
like getting that skill which increases your chance to suceed at talking and mostly all other stuff like trading.
Then in short time you could become friends with everyone and get more combat oriented actions or more commands like "lets work together" or if you really wanted to you could become friends with the cat and get its item which has kind of op stats.
Or trade with Mai her software item and sell it for lots of money.

The programming skill also takes like forever to programm something but if you just wait short before next day switch you could use the skill and in that one minute get a new software item, and again sell it for big money.

One annoying thing is also how to learn and level up skills which felt like really needing to pinpoint the right X Y coordinates which was kinda annoying.

By the way how many of you played the PS2 Sequels, anyone knows if those are any good?

>>3453307
There is the whole evil organization which also has its roots in Shikigami no Shiro and well honestly a bit stupid but they are trying to let the protagonist awake as some kind of other person ... well so much can say without spoiling. Well one possiblity that is meant.

>> No.3453615

>>3453612
It's very similar to Romancing SaGa 2 in the sense that, you have to constantly break the game's balance in order to make it fair, and by the time you have the knowledge to break it, you're way far into it, such that it doesn't really make that much of a difference.

For example, if you want to get the last medal it can be very very hard without the N.E.P., and getting the N.E.P is hard as fucking balls if you don't know about the information skills.

Even with trading it can take awhile to make friends with people too, it depends on the character, and the talking skills is pretty much necessary for characters like Mai since almost everyone hates the living crap of her.

These things are pretty much necessary in order to make the game more open to you, which is why they do it. You wouldn't be able to buy pretty much nothing in the black market.

As for the X Y coordinates thing it's pretty alright, I quite like it actually.

So yeah, it's the type of game where you discover it, and break it, but by the time you know how to do that, you already passed through the hardest parts.

Also, use spoiler tags my man, some people had just begun with the game last week.

>> No.3453621

>>3453615
i'd dare say it's not perfect more because of the bugs that sometimes show up, but i agree with this.

romasaga 2 gets pretty easy after you get quick time, but by the time you get it you're way far into the game, and pushed through the some of the hardest parts.

>> No.3453634

>>3453612
also, the sequels are alright
a big shame they had to split it into three games

orchestra isn't as good as march, they went away with the battle system and somethings are just...odd

it's still interesting in its own right though.

>> No.3453639

I see that I can play as a Scout, how fun is it?

>> No.3453647

>>3453634
I dropped Orchestra on Green.
I'm still mad about it.

>> No.3453649

>>3453639
i like it more than playing mech pilot
like, when your car is destroyed, shit really just begins there

make sure you have really high stats for scout though

>> No.3453654
File: 48 KB, 501x639, 9401240[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3453649
>one punching a minotaur

>> No.3453660

>>3453647
>>3453634
Faze to love > Back to yourself

>> No.3453664
File: 17 KB, 480x360, hqdefault[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3453660

>> No.3453665

>>3453615
>Mai since almost everyone hates the living crap of her.
That's what you get for killing your own allies, bitch.

>> No.3453731
File: 229 KB, 331x360, 1382495455156.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just found out you can shoplift the market by getting the items and teleporting with them

>> No.3453757

Is there really a whole bunch of Japanese fluent readers here who are picking this up for the first time or are you guys just deciding to bumble through it despite not knowing the language?

>> No.3453779

>>3453757
I think there's 3 people playing in this thread, and some others who played a long time ago

>> No.3453789
File: 1.64 MB, 1920x1080, gsdx_20160826033356.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This guy is a huge faggot, I'm glad I finally got the chance to kick his ass.

>> No.3453824
File: 13 KB, 134x110, 1434409960616.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3453612
>mfw exchanging a porn video for his mantle
i regret nothing

>> No.3453868

>>3453757
I wouldn't call myself fluent, but I really have to google a lot of what the characters say to get everything, and a bunch of stuff don't make sense because of muh deep lore and muh deep characters.

Enjoying it a lot though, probably wouldn't be working this hard if the game was boring.

>> No.3454182

This game has a lot of cryptic dialogue, seriously, what the fuck

>> No.3454472

>>3453789
>Katawa Shounen

>> No.3455473
File: 47 KB, 621x502, 1457824840881.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Mori died in a traffic accident
WHAT
THE
FUCK

Did I just lose S-Rank???

>> No.3455597

>>3455473
Lol, she literally tells you her teacher died because he "knew too much", you should've stopped her from her investigation

They just went away with her before she became a threat/whistleblower

Tou'll get rank B now, baka

>> No.3455741

>>3455473
Did you go to class the day after?
If you skip the class and not talk with some guy you won't trigger the event of her death and you can still get the ending.

>> No.3455763

>>3430218
>The amount of text in GPM is enormous and translating it is such a daunting task that no one has done it.
Yet a bunch of amateurs were able to translate Fate/ and Muv Luv

>> No.3455783

>>3455741
>when you beat a game 10 plus times and there's still shit you dont know

>> No.3455795

>>3455473
just literally avoid everyone until the end of the game and dont show up to morning class and you'll trigger the ending

hope you rev'd up those skills

>>3453789
this is one of the fuckers i put as scout to kill him asap when i want to replay it
him and araegi

its fucking shit it gets gloomy atmosphere because of this but fuck these niggers

>> No.3456827

>>3455741
Fug, I rage quit the game after that
Thank god I checked the thread back
I'll just do that, thanks

>> No.3457259
File: 431 KB, 600x545, 1440207894926.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>the little girl is a clone
>The black girl is an alien
>keep hearing voices about becoming leaving the realm of humans
>seeing fairies everywhere

>> No.3457284

>>3457259
Wait until you get the Kenran Butou medal
That's when the game gets really crazy

Make sure you befriend the blue-haired girl before the ending

>> No.3457341
File: 488 KB, 500x232, 1424570053944.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Moe stood me up on a date
>My character suddenly gets "jealous" state
Am I getting cucked?
No way this happens in this game...right?

>> No.3457935
File: 2.04 MB, 1920x1080, gsdx_20160821045203.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

That soundtrack on this scene though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5BdiZ0WAMw

Kept looking for this song all day.

>> No.3457960

>>3457935
>yfw he becomes commander of the squad and gets all his stats to S level the day after

>> No.3457964

>>3457341
No, that's just the game's way of saying you're mad at that NPC, just like the NPC gets mad at you if you don't show up to the date.

>> No.3458024 [SPOILER] 
File: 27 KB, 384x345, 1472374818423.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3457935
you don't know what you're doing anon

>> No.3458061

>>3458024
RIP in peace, sweet princess

>> No.3458249

How do I get the luck skill?
There are some skills that I still can't figure out how to get them

>> No.3458275
File: 15 KB, 480x360, hqdefault[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3457259
>level 3 hallucination skill

>> No.3458452
File: 27 KB, 270x322, totally normal cat.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3457259
>Trying to overcome humans, while being one? Careful. Right now, you stand in the line between men and legend.
>If you keep on killing, you will no longer be able to fulfill your life as a mere human
>Those who are too powerful, no matter which world, are not allowed to live as humans. They become legends. A legend beyond humans.
>Human, I warn you as a friend. Don't come to this side. In your best, live and die as men.
>To live eternally, is to fight eternally. And that is nothing beyond sadness and pain. While we stray away from flesh, our hearts are not immortal.
>Hence my friend, I warn your from heart. Lay your hands from trying to destroy all evil, and live on as a normal person.

>> No.3458456

>>3458249
Train with Maki or ask to work together with her, there's a percent chance she might give you the skill.

Be careful though, this skill can trigger some dangerous events.

>> No.3459249
File: 2.40 MB, 250x188, 232134.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So I totally fucked up and I had my position changed to something I can barely even read

I just figured out how to change my position back to pilot, but that was after 3 battles

I had 3 people of my squad dying, my whole battalion wiped, and I can't get past any fight.

The girl in miko clothes loses her mech and I lose mine and then I give up.

Did I fuck up so hard I need to start over?

>> No.3459951

>>3459249
Just keep retreating from battles and go back home to end the day. Do that until 5/10 and you'll get a shit ending, but you get to start over on ng+

>> No.3460040
File: 34 KB, 710x720, 1440822008841.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3458024
Why did I open this

>> No.3460165

>>3458024
Mai looks pretty cute with her hair down desu

>> No.3460270
File: 348 KB, 175x260, 1378699603177.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3459951
>Your rank is D
It was a fun ride I guess, but I'm out folks
Game seems waay too long for me. I just don't have the time, unfortunately.

>> No.3460272

>>3460270
in reality this is the type of game where you spend years playing it
like, if you unlock the 20 characters, that's already 20 times playing the game with each character playing differently than the other

also you shouldn't quit before getting S rank imho, it's worth it.

>> No.3461263
File: 742 KB, 245x172, 1403901198841.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3460272
>20 times playing the game
What the hell, dude

>> No.3461405

>>3461263
>>3460272
Not all of them play that differently to warrant a playthrough, some are just characters reacting different to it, and possessing different skills

>> No.3461521

>>3458024
>>3457935
I WILL BECOME
THE PROTECTOR OF THIS COUNTRY

>> No.3462497

>enter in male's bathroom
>get called pervert and lose respect
kek, didn't expect this

>> No.3463260

>>3458456
I'm building friendship with her right now (asked her on a date)
How the fuck do you guess you can get luck skill from her?
The girl has more bad luck than anyone in the game

>> No.3463496

>>3458249
Use the luck mechanic on every room you enter breh
You'll discover some shit you wouldn't believe

>> No.3463669

>>3463260
>asked her on a date
ask for a pool ticket from junryuushi
thank me later lad

>> No.3463724

>>3463496
>luck mechanic
Look*

>> No.3463815

>>3463669
>junryuushi
Who?

>> No.3464137

>>3463815
The guy on the phone man

>> No.3464198

>there are people playing this without being able to read shit like 準竜師
my admiration for people doing this holds no bounds

>> No.3464723

So I felt like replaying again and basically went the route to quickly get all good items and learn all skills and become broken as fast as possible with stats.

Oh yeah also got luck skill way early, forgot how you get it normally but Maki is not needed really.

But then suddenly the battle starts way early having just met with the operators and so only my pilots can actually fight in combat, heck the tent wasnt even built up and not even the mechs arrived.
But here suddenly a combat mission, it gets even worse afterwards a second mission and third mission and it is suddenly dundun Mai's survival mission with the 20 vs 1.

I dont know how often i repeated the battle but damn that was really fucked up, at least could stock up on missiles before 3rd one
and cause it was beginning of game nothing worse then minotaurs, so no Scyllas.

Game continued after that quite normally with everyone arriving and building up tent and even the normal first real battle and everyone treated it in dialogue as their first battle

Does this mean before it was a bug or something or is this luck skill even worse then thought?
In usual playthroughs got it way later but I know it is supposed to trigger some bad events.

>> No.3464996

>>3464198
>>3464137
I'm not at the stage of reading names easily yet, I have to get the furigana of the characters and memorize it
There's like 20+ characters in the main cast so cut me some slack

>> No.3465003

>>3464723
hayami starts with level 3 luck nigga

you need to get luck skill with maki with characters that don't start with it

also yeah, read here >>3449050
shoulda back down when her events started triggering

>> No.3465009
File: 40 KB, 722x349, 1426345163970.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3464723
>tfw failed to save Mai and abandoned her on the 3rd fight
Just kill me family

>> No.3465050

>>3465003
yeah forgot that Hayami had that as starting skill.

I know that Mai's events can trigger early that battle but didnt think that "not even remotely prepared" meant before you technically even should have mechs.

>> No.3465121

>be luckiest character in the game
>dies

>> No.3465123

>>3464723
I'll be damned, if the game wasn't so easy to break it wouldn't be as fun

Imagine going through huge hassle to get back all the stuff you had on previous playthroughs

>> No.3465608

>>3464996
There's furigana in this game?

>> No.3465621
File: 178 KB, 500x530, born-to-remove-1002365[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Beasts start retreating while singing the march
>mfw aiming for S rank

>> No.3465749

>>3465608
No, he meant the HIragana which are shown the first time when a Character introduces himself.

>>3465621
Yeah the things like to run
because of that you should train development skill and order N.E.P. as early as possible

>> No.3465850
File: 770 KB, 1280x720, ガンパレード・マーチ Screen Shot 2016-08-28 07-10-50 - Copy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

REKT

>> No.3465854

>>3465850
>missing 6
shamefur dispray
you dishonor shibamura

>> No.3465892
File: 17 KB, 267x274, 1434220170426.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3465621
>waiting until the beasts destroy most of your friendlies before start moving around
>singlehandedly wipes their ass
>as scout

>> No.3465946

>>3428194
>Music
I thought that song was really shitty until I listened to it about 3 more times and now it's stuck in my head

>> No.3466253
File: 95 KB, 520x853, 1472506609117.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Look at Iwata's items
>Self-destructive device

>> No.3466308
File: 128 KB, 252x289, 1454390025581.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3466253
>trade it for my shoes
>success rate 22%
>trade is successful

>> No.3466624

>>3465121
sounds like a pretty clear death flag desu

>> No.3467952

>>3465946
That song is kind of lame at first
Once you get used to it it's fucking kami tho

>> No.3468694

Shit a brick and fuck me with it, there's a GPM thread on /vr/ with over 200 replies

>> No.3469160

So I maxed the relationship with the cat, but nothing triggeree so far.

What am I missing?

>> No.3469295

>>3468694
Biggest GPM thread I've ever seen. Makes me want to give the game another try.

>> No.3469389
File: 519 KB, 880x1067, 687f82a1e6e64220aa9e6c1b1380dec6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3455763
Titties. Titties is why.

>> No.3469519

>>3469160
If you dont have it yet, then learn Illusion skill, it's description even says it is needed for the events with "Buta" or how the cat's name is spelled.

Expect that you need to see many of the characters event conversations.

>> No.3469783

>Lewd atmosphere
>W-we can't do this...
>No one is watching us?
>G-God is watching us...

Lord Yamato why is Tanabe such a qtpa2t

>> No.3469923
File: 267 KB, 2592x1944, 1458003547429.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Beasts have been mostly obliterated and I still haven't reached 300 kills.

Just fuck my shit up sempai

>> No.3469942

>>3469295
don't let your memes be dreams
do it

>> No.3470016

>>3469923
Big pro tip, if you order the N.E.P. one day before the game ends your request will carry over to the next game.

Getting 300 kills should be easy then

>> No.3470023
File: 1.27 MB, 1005x683, Screenshot 2016-09-02 10.28.03.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Mibuya is cute!
CUTE!

>> No.3470494
File: 18 KB, 300x256, 1440222953956.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3469519
You mean the 幻視 skill? Where do I get it?

>> No.3470759

>>3470494
Go to the shopping mall, you know where also the entrance to the underground market is.

Just right next to the arcade there is a pillar that you need to interact with.

If still cant find it, then use "look"
from the menu, it also shows you places with which you can interact.

About what character events you need to see am not sure, cause usually in my playthroughs always became friends with everyone, which was hilarious with all the pandemonium events going on.

Some Characters you need to see events from are

- Mio and at least up to when she tells her story about her ancestors and how they lost spiritual powers
- Yoko, at least the event chain until says prota will save the world
- Nonomi, friendship at least, cant recall really if there were any important event conversations

and probably some other characters but dont know which.

>> No.3471952

>>3470759
Woooh found it, got it to level 3

But I'm like, 5 days before the game ends I don't think anything cool will happen now

>> No.3472020
File: 50 KB, 361x500, 51y0Qqwt0pL[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How are the light novels of this game?
They seem really interesting

>> No.3472078

>>3471952
Yeah far to late,

Never tested what it really brings but cause you need it to be really become friends with Buta.
Let me assume in all events where you see
more about him, that those are connected to illusion skill.

Some events which might get activated through it though am not absolutely sure that illusion
skill or buta are needed

- you need to stay up to 6:00, you can just
train or whatever and then the event comes

- apart from Buta, I think at least some
friendship with nonomi is required and some
of her events seen,
at morning Commander Junryuushi will give
you the option to accept a optional mission
it is another 1 vs 20, also there are scyllas

- next event, assume yoko and Mio's
events have to be seen
not sure which mission or could happen in
any mission and was just late for me
cause the flag for the event to trigger was
set far to late,
anyway happened for me at end of mission
with only two enemies left who were retreating
and suddenly that event comes up and
makes it seem like they save you ...
you get a powerup for that battle
and permanently new weapon or
should call abilitiy which can be used in
whatever mech you put your prota, not
sure if scout works though

>> No.3472175

>>3472078
>it is another 1 vs 20, also there are scyllas
>

oh yeah we helped a dude on that fight earlier in the thread

that was some fun >>3444493
that was the 降下 event iirc

>> No.3472379
File: 55 KB, 217x190, 1471634529446.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3464723

>Kumamoto Castle with dual katanas and missiles

>> No.3472650

>>3470759
Kurusu needs it as well afaik

>> No.3472653
File: 29 KB, 352x338, e28[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3470023
>Motoko and Mai's mizugi scene

>> No.3473505
File: 39 KB, 400x400, 7u4tvadzzlefc0vhjdsh_400x400[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>only couple left with high genetic compatibility and can breed children
Am I getting this right?
Is everyone else clones?

>> No.3473512

>>3472020
They're pretty good lad
There some that are just average, but they explore the setting pretty well imho

This one here is great to start before going hard into episode 1 and so forth

https://www.amazon.co.jp/product-reviews/4840220026/ref=pd_sim_14_cr_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=X5C3R79RRVE9BDN52WCX

>> No.3474882
File: 222 KB, 640x640, 1438749976744.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I regret starting this game.

It's way too much, too many secrets and events
It's the first game I've beaten more than once in such a small period of time and I still feel like I haven't unraveled 1/3 of it yet

>> No.3475290

>>3474882
OP should've put up a note that this game is not for casuals.
You gotta dive in like you're planning to explore every inch of the game to fully understand it.

>> No.3476882

So after playing another three times, decided try to get the 300 kills the first time so completely fresh start but now just found out that somehow Mai's event made it skip the
降下 event.

Now this is a bug or am I wrong?

What happened was

- got call at morning from Junryuushi
- accepted the mission.
- In class the event which starts next day mai's
battle.
- 00:00 supposed to get the battle
but nothing comes, even waiting exactly the
time which normally dont even need to do
- next day only Mai's battle
- further days were only normal battles

So anyway to still get that event battle?
Now apart from the allied army who likes to steal the kills, now even freaking bugs make it impossible to get the 300 kills

>> No.3476935

>>3476882
Uh, probably not
The only bug that I know of the 降下 event is when the partner is not present (2 pilots for mass production model, but only you present)

Kumamoto Castle probably took presedence over it and I guess you lost it since I think that event only happens on april 1st

>> No.3477532

>>3475290
I might just put it on hold and then beat it again afterwards

There's just so much stuff in this game it's not even a joke
Like, events where people need to be in the same room together at a period of time

I can see myself beating this times and times and still see stuff that never happened before

>> No.3477534

This is one of those games I'm really looking forward to playing whenever my Japanese is good enough.

>> No.3477540

>>3476882
>make it impossible to get the 300 kills
you should really only use N.E.P if you're aiming for S rank tbqh, you're stealing the fun of the game away from you if you use it normally

try to do what was said earlier and order it on the 10th, and have it delivered to you on the first day of your new playthrough

getting 300 kills is easy then

>> No.3477728

>>3477540
It was a challenge, getting 300 kills on fresh start, on other runs have already done it often enough.

>> No.3478904

>>3477534
It's one of the best games ever made imho

>> No.3479339

>>3478904
It looks great. God knows how long it'll take for my Japanese to be at a competent level, but damn am I looking forward to playing this game some day. Part of me wants to buy a copy just so I already have it on hand.

>> No.3479491

So what is everyone's opinion on the story of the game?
The gameplay is great of course.
But is the story more or less to your liking?

Thought about putting down info with spoilers with what didnt like but know people will just ruin their experience looking at those.

So lets put it short
- Characters and their story are interesting
- Somewhat dark Sci-Fi Setting is also great
- but fourth wall break stuff and crossover wasnt really needed, the setting is interesting enough without that.

Also Shibamura having really just come for that wimpy dragon, why not just leave it as an expression of something much bigger

Well even then still think of it as a good story.

>> No.3479673

This game is always mentioned in /m/ whenever the anime discussion pops up. Seems nice but the language barrier is a problem for the majority of the anime fans (such as I).
It was great to learn more about it, thanks /vr/

>> No.3479806

>>3479491
The story is great, did you listen to the 夢散幻想 audio dramas, they're damn good for the most part

>> No.3479895

>>3479806
>夢散幻想
Ah those, only read what they are about.
As expected follow only the true heroine, even though not true end of game, so meh.

The true heroine will be forever Akira, even if she only has a standard NPC female student model and didnt get a face pic.

So no opinion to that OVERS stuff?
That was what meant they should have just left away.
The story has already sci-fi, fantasy, spiritual elements and is kinda already overloaded as it is.

Or is that all non canon and also wont have to worry about it appearing again in the Sequels?

Also goddamn Serpentrion, just create a new organization, why do they need to cross with Shikigami no Shiki

>> No.3480131

>>3479895
>Or is that all non canon and also wont have to worry about it appearing again in the Sequels?
there are no sequels to GPM

>> No.3480147
File: 39 KB, 302x222, 1409856186290.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3480131
Orchestra babbies still assblasted I see

>>3479895
Yeah, OVERS 1.00

And it feels overloaded because the game is so small and condensed, if you read the LNs you see how they explore it and it still feels like there's a lot of potential in many things they do

>> No.3480723

>>3480147
>if you read the LNs
well there is just one little question how much originality do those novels display?

What I mean is of course I understand the main pairing of Hayami and Mai is unavoidable because it is the true canon ending needed for Shikigami no Shiro with one character being an descendant and all.
But what is with other characters from what know i can probably figure out that some characters like Takayuki will later get together with Mio course her being reincarnation and all but probably remembers very late

In short will it be the straight very simple route, of what you already know are what to call it true pairings, destined ones getting together and their normal story of what happends in game but just put in novel form or are people in that story actually dying and it takes a completely different route?

Well suppose at least K2 will be worth enough if it has Moe fighting.

>> No.3481303

>>3480723
it takes a very different route, but you do get somethings you were expecting

some of the LNs are different from the 榊 which is just their every day lives but it's also very nice to read

biggest reason i wouldn't recommend going through them is the ending kinda sucked and we wont get any more LNs

>> No.3481347

>>3479491
I'm still very early on it, but ended up bumping into some spoilers in the thread

It seems interesting. A bit early to tell though.

>> No.3481575

What's the best way to get most of the events of this game?
Aim for rank S? Or is there a character that when you play him more interesting stuff happens?

>> No.3481661

>>3481575
To get most of the events you need to be on second run.
On first run you cant see all.

Else it is just like always become friends with all characters,hear their event conversation, talk with different characters who may add something to that event.
Some characters like Mori even have a short event conversation after became lovers

For some events you need to be in same room as them at specific locations and having progressed with events to see some extra ones.
Like you need to have gone through with events of Maki and then go to hangar first floor to see one of hers.

Though people migh tell you there are so many events, there are honestly not that many, expect maybe if they count every character with another character confession, fighting and so on events, which have just some slightly changed text.

There are some character events with very specific conditions which you of course dont know and it makes difficult to find them.
Like a slightly changed end boss event when you have Natsuki as your main character.
For some you even need to let characters die
but that doesnt mean for every character you
get some extra events, it are just one, two
very specific ones again.

You need to kill 300 of the beasts, to unlock some events.

Okay in short
- Second run needed, else you wont get to
hear the full story about what is going
on in verse, nor see all events,
even if it are just one two
to some characters added
- you need to play at least with two characters
to see most events, first one as Hayami
obviously and second as whoever to see
Hayami's events
- aim for S-Rank

Honestly there are not so many events really but how they are hidden can be kinda annoying, if you cleared the game and just really want to see all of them, I would advise you to look for some japanese Walkthrough.

>> No.3481680

>>3481303
>ending kinda sucked
It got discontinued bro

>> No.3481873

>>3480147
i'm not even so mad at GPO as much as I am with i am with alfa system with how they handled it

they killed any chance of a sequel it could have ever gotten

chances of remaking gpm are now slim as fuck

>> No.3481932

>>3481873
IMHO Orchestra is still good in its own right, but I get the hate.
I'd still say it's worth playing if you can get it for cheap and you really liked march

>> No.3482268

YOUR SOUL
NO PAIN

>> No.3482282
File: 34 KB, 250x331, mai.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What the fuck is her problem?
I got a bunch of people coming up to me saying they hate her or that she goes on them saying "I'll allow you to whatever"

>> No.3482286

has anyone here gotten the event of loli mai?

i never figured out how to do it, she's such a qt

>> No.3482423

>>3482282
She has an ignorant side due to how her father raised her, plus she's a princess, dude

>> No.3482561

>>3482282
she's literally actually better than everyone else.

nothing wrong with that.

>> No.3482562
File: 195 KB, 1024x768, kabegami_mn.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3482268
YUGANDA REALITY

>> No.3482568

I'm actually liking this convoluted shit a lot, god damn. It's like, going into a rabbit hole and you know fuck all what to expect.

>> No.3482570
File: 476 KB, 495x495, 1442965080354.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3481680
>It got discontinued bro
I know

>> No.3483864

Why is it so hard to befriend Natsuki?
He refuses pretty much every suggestion I try

>> No.3484439

>>3483864
Who are you playing with?

>> No.3484573

>>3484439
Mai

>> No.3484585

gunpara -> muvluv -> shingeki no kyojin

>> No.3484748

>>3484585
Why would you even compare them

>> No.3484845

>>3484748
i'd like to think he's going by what inspired/spawned the other in order

funnily i see SnK closer to gun parade than muvluv despite the author saying the opposite

>> No.3484859

>>3484573
Natsuki hates the living shit out of Mai.
Wait till you play someone else if you want his story line
Or befriend Katou and get his stuff through her

>> No.3486204

>>3482282
Why is she so perfect bros

>> No.3486412
File: 2.07 MB, 1920x1080, ガンパレード・マーチ Screen Shot 2015-10-04 03-11-39.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3486204
Moe is the girl I had my first rank D with, she'll forever hold a special place in my heart

>> No.3486419

>>3479491
The setting is REALLY overflowing with stuff, that's a plus and a minus for me

But the biggest plus this creates is how unique each character became, well, most of them.

I still don't like some of the cast, while others are really freaking good. I totally was not expecting this level of detail

We're talking about the refugee crisis the war created, the price of sugar going up, the mishandling of the budget for the war.

Having the setting running deep flows well with this amount of detail.

Some shit are dumb as fuck though, but I still like it as it still makes "sense" for it to exist in the setting.

>> No.3486727

>>3484748
Making fun of muv luv fans with GPM is a meme

>> No.3487445

>>3486419
True, the world setting itself and most invidual character stories are great, some you sadly dont really get much to hear about.

But then there is Everything related to 'blue' which goes pretty much Chuuninbyou, especially later in novels.
For me honestly a big minus, personally try to ignore it and pretend its non-canon.

>> No.3487936

>>3487445
The whole setting is mostly chuuni stuff though

>> No.3487976

>>3487936
Not really, the world setting itself is serious sci-fi what with politics regarding military and the problems of cloning, human experiments
Sure then as the story unravels and the fantasy elements slowly appear but only when the whole thing with 'blue' start, like Hayami becoming blue leader and they having their secret base on mars does it totally go of the rails.
chuuni setting means
chosen one stuff and all and that only starts with the whole relating to 'blue',
before it has some sci-fi, alternate worlds, fantasy mixed in but that alone doesnt make it chuuni or at least not so strong.

>> No.3487981

>>3487976
Just the fact that characters has super powers on a mostly normal looking setting opens up the gates for the chuuni

I agree it's mostly grounded and the amount of detail on a lot of things makes it feel real and relatable, but it doesn't mean it's not there though

>> No.3488074
File: 440 KB, 645x1260, 1461441443224.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>there will never be a GPM remake for VR headsets

>> No.3488457

How are alfa system shikigami games?
I never played them but they seem interesting

>> No.3488464

>>3487981
>not having super powers irl
it's lonely being an esper

>> No.3489295

>>3488457
Well those are pretty standard STG Games, so no especially new features.
What I can remember is
- You chose a character at beginning of game and those have a Main and Sub weapon or Shinigami, I think bomb too.
- You are supposed to fly really close to enemy bullets, to get your score up.
- some Banter between the protagonists and bosses but also not more story filled then say Touhou games.
Really it is nice more modern STG game series.

>> No.3489362

>>3489295
I'm not into shmups so Ill have to pass.

Might play Linda cube after GPM tho

>> No.3490034

>>3487445
>not liking chuuni
Legit some of my favorite things in japanese media are chuu2ges or stories

>> No.3491025

Man all the stuff I've read in this game looks really amazing.
I can't believe something this advanced existed on the PSX and faded away into history.
Sucks even more that I can't play it since /m/echa jrpgs are already scarce enough.
It's not the first time I've considered learning Japanese for a piece of media though but this game is really pushing me to do it.

>> No.3491191
File: 89 KB, 807x579, other010.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3491025
https://webmshare.com/jMeE8

Many /m/bros miss out on one of the best mecha games out there, as if this game having a bad release window wasn't bad enough.
Life is shit sometimes, man

>> No.3491201

Man, there are some strategies in this game that are fukken crazy, but so fucking fun.

Like the bazooka festival one when you're going full one-mech-army fight.
You equip bazookas on all slots of your mech.
You drop the bazookas throughout the map.
You go back to the resupply spot and put your normal equipment back (costs you a whole turn)

And then you keep jumping left and right as you shoot bazookas into the most dangerous monsters

Shoot, drop bazook, jump right, pick up bazooka with your feet, equip it
Jump left, shoot bazooka

And each time you jump you're getting away from the line of sight of your enemies.

It really feels like you're getting a mech and going zig-zag around them, but god damn is it satisfying to know the rules of this game so much you can make some crazy ass strategies on battles that are supposedly hard to win

>> No.3492056
File: 68 KB, 219x241, 1458997665519.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The copy I bought off of ebay just showed up in the mail.
>That fucking manual
Holy shit, it's so thick. This is the thickest game manual I've ever seen included with a console game.

>> No.3492203

>>3492056
post manual

>> No.3492242
File: 492 KB, 822x1636, 20160912_160236.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3492203
It's full color too.

>> No.3492248

>>3492242
thicc

>> No.3492249

>>3492242
do you think OP's long post described the whole game?

i'd say he didn't cover 40% of it

>> No.3492258

>>3492249
>there's more
Just who the fuck were these devs?
Why isn't this a series?
How did they do it on PSX?
This game literally can't exist, it's too advanced

>> No.3492265
File: 565 KB, 1166x878, 1388451395530.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3492258
>Why isn't this a series?

>> No.3492346

>>3492258
>Just who the fuck were these devs
Fucking aliens, dude.
Alfa system back in the 90s also made Linda Cube which is insanely good too.

>Why isn't this a series
There's a sequel called Gunparade Orchestra, which was divided into 3 separate games, white, green and blue.
Orchestra is rumored to be released at a time after key staff members of GPM left, and they ended up making some pretty bad decisions...

The story writer is the same though, so the games are still enjoyable in their own right, I'd say it's worth checking out

But they changed the battle system and there are several nuances, plus splitting the game in 3 parts was literally what killed any chance GP could take off as a series.

>How did they do it on PSX
Fuck if I know, the game has so many systems and just so much stuff crammed into it it's impossible to talk about it and not forget anything.

I'd just say it was magic n sheeeit

>> No.3492349
File: 38 KB, 148x190, 1425794825956.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3492346
The battle system is fucking perfect, I'm still flabbergasted on why they decided to change it.

>> No.3493043

>>3492349
Ao had a good combat if you get used to the weirdness
Shiro and green were alright, if you get used to it, its kinda pushing it though

But the main issue I had with orchestra were the characters.

Maybe it's not really a flaw with orchestra and I just liked March's cast much more than GPO's felt lacking...

>> No.3494752

I'm surprised with how many people actually got into the game after the OP post. I honestly thought this thread wouldn't go over 40 posts

>> No.3496461

>>3493043
>>3492349
What kept me from getting GPO yet is the high price

That's 60 dollars for each game plus shipping tip for a game that has raved for not being as good as GPM

>> No.3497558
File: 74 KB, 224x351, de6e150d779a12b87991b8af2fd9655f[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I...
I just finished S-rank ending.

That last fight
That Nonomi scene man
Fucking Setoguchi holding her
That everything in this game

I can't hold these feels, this is truly the best game I've ever played.

Thank you /vr/
Thank you

>> No.3497581
File: 150 KB, 1024x768, kabegami_setoguchi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3497558
>Setoguchi
Has love forgiven you yet, anon?

>> No.3497592

>>3497581
I liked pretty much every character in this game I think
I finished the game on A rank last time and thought the game was just okay due to all the random things happening and cryptic lore, I had no idea the story on S-rank was this good
I need some sleep now

>> No.3497759

>>3497558
WE SING THE MARCH THAT OVERCOMES EVEN TIME
WE SING THE MARCH THAT OVERCOMES EVEN DEATH

>> No.3499626

I vow to play this...

Once I learn Japanese

>> No.3500123
File: 23 KB, 250x250, 1378062513008.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3484585
>muvluv's author didn't include GPM as one of its inspirations in the artwork where the authors talk about what inspired muvluv

>> No.3501298

>>3500123
it was just a coincidence mate...

>> No.3501687

I'll have to drop the game for now to make room for other stuff in my backlog

I'll pick it up again when I have the time though

>> No.3502318
File: 38 KB, 450x450, tanabe1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This truly was a thread that brought hope to the land, and dreams to the sky. I had no idea this thread would've reached this many replies.

Have a good one lads, may we have another GPM thread next year, where hopefully, more people will join in and more people have beaten the game.

>> No.3505592

bump

>> No.3507475

>tfw Japanese still not good enough to play this with vr

>> No.3509558

>>3507475
There's always next year bro

>> No.3512068

>>3492258
I legit would learn how to use UE4 just to remake GPM, but I'm 100% sony would sue my shit or send a C&D letter

Fuck me man

>> No.3512075
File: 47 KB, 292x227, 1450959786822.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>GPM's 16th birthday is next week
Can this thread last until then?

>> No.3512193

>>3512075
With your help we can do it

>> No.3513009

>tfw I'll never play this game

it hurts so much

>> No.3514159

>>3513009
why doesn't anyone want to translate this game
is it so unknown in the west

>> No.3514163

>>3514159

As someone said earlier in the thread, it's just too big? I guess? It seems the amount of text is ridiculous.

>> No.3514172

>>3513009
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jrMXTVapkGlYSyQDwppETbz62ltcknJITQ7ll6bH8QM/edit?pli=1#

time to learn moon

>> No.3514173

>>3514172

I tried at the start of this year but shit happened and I fell off the wagon. Maybe next year.

>> No.3514184

>>3514163
It's not that big, not bigger than many of the stuff that was translated already

it just lacks interest I guess

>> No.3514218

I wish I could read moon runes, thanks for the neat thread though

>> No.3514270

>>3514184
If the game had a more updated art style with waifus it'd be picked up pretty fast

>> No.3514271

>>3514270

I mean, it seems like it's already got hella waifus if the relationship system really is detailed as the people ITT are saying.

>> No.3515257

>>3513009
Have faith anon
Somebody will make it happen, I just know it

>> No.3515541

>>3512068
Remake it and call it "GunMarch Parade"

Make it bootleggish
I mean damn, sony probably doesnt even remember it owns the rights for GPM

>> No.3516806

>>3515541
I mean shit, I might just dig into that, for real

>> No.3516809
File: 2.02 MB, 1920x1080, ガンパレード・マーチ Screen Shot 2016-08-27 11-37-45.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3514271
Art style of the girls in the game isn't mainstream is what he's saying.

Only if you dig 90s style art, and even then some people think they're ugly.

This is what you get for having alien superhumans designing a game. Waifu/character designs aren't priority since the devs weren't attracted to human beings.

>> No.3516910
File: 78 KB, 282x300, Fib2sWc[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Did people read the OP posts?
Honest question, they seem long as fuck not sure if its worth reading.

>> No.3516965

>>3516910
It can't be helped
The game just has that much depth to it

>> No.3517020
File: 35 KB, 500x500, let it go.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So depressed i need to learn a language to enjoy what seems like a fucking fantastic game.

>> No.3518214

>>3517020
This is one of the few Sony games sony hasn't brought over, really.

>> No.3518750

>>3518214
desu the language in it doesn't seem that hard, going from the screenshots posted

>> No.3518780

>>3455763
>Yet a bunch of amateurs were able to translate Fate/ and Muv Luv

Fate and Muv-Luv's translations aren't exactly highly regarded, so those aren't the best examples to use.

>> No.3520365

>>3515541
He could just not release it until it was ready

Idk how one would go to do that to release it anonymously though

>> No.3520383
File: 32 KB, 198x198, gif.png.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3453824

>> No.3521908

>>3518750
it's not that hard really

it just that, because the plot is not linear you get character saying bits and pieces of the story which might seem like random bull but when you're way into the game it starts making sense

not hard to see nips saying they didnt know wtf gpm was about, or that the story was a mess with no point

>> No.3521954

>>3482268
CHIPPOKE NA MAJORITY

>> No.3522147

Please post story spoilers.

>> No.3522306
File: 76 KB, 1024x768, 1398873920801.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3522147
I wouldn't expect even a mad man like OP to post the story of 20 character arcs that intertwine making a whole story

But it's around the lines of a hunter crossing dimensions to find a monster that makes time itself loop, clones, and some other (a lot) stuff

idk man, it's REALLY dense, no one will post it in details, it's freaking crazy

Heck, people who beat the game countless times still haven't see all of the story

I know this because no one in this thread replied to me on how to get the loli Mai arc, which I know there's a way but I can't find anywhere how to get it

>> No.3522308

>>3522306
B L U E
L
U
E

THE DEMON THAT KILLS IN THE SAME WAY HE BREATHES

>> No.3522673

So just to be certain anime is basically Mai's arc without all the fun spoilers ?

>> No.3524512

>>3522673
i dont watch anime so idk
might watch gpm one day tho