Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/vr/ - Retro Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 118 KB, 700x640, Chrono_Trigger_Artwork1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3411335 No.3411335 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

SNES vs. PSX

Which was the better system for RPGs?

>> No.3411345

It's a tough call for me

SNES had Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, Dragon Quest Remakes, FF6, Terranigma, Fire Emblem 4 etc

PSX had FF7, Suikoden II, Xenogears, Tales of Eternia, FF Tactics, Tactics Ogre etc

I think I'd personally go with SNES although the PSX has a lot of amazing RPGs as well.

>> No.3411353

before some austistic imbecile complain about psx, let's get started.

the SNES had some amazing RPGs, like final fantasy II and III (IV and VI), chrono trigger, earthbound... and many others.
But it was ignored by the japs that didn't bother to translate any dragon quest or many other amazing games.

the playstation marked the birth of the RPGs in the US. Now there was a market, so they explored it.
Every final fantasy was released for the PS, except for 3. Even chrono trigger with stupid loading times and videos! The lunar ports! I mean, every collector has those stupid gigantic boxes on display.
Final fantasy tactics and arc the lad were born on the PS.
And they even got exclusive series, like wild arms, suikoden, grandia, persona, vagrant story.
And their own 100 hour dragon warrior vii, that everyone think that they can finish quickly, until they realise that the whole game is a series of mandatory sidequests.

anyways, they are my 2 favorite consoles ever. the PS wins in RPGs.

>> No.3411356

>>3411335
Overall, I'd say the PS1 was better for RPGs, but at the same time, there are SNES RPGs I can't live without.

>> No.3411371

I prefer playing SNES RPGs because they don't feel as bloated or aimless as PS1 and later generations of JRPGs do.

That said, I do appreciate in hindsight how far developers would try to go in presenting JRPGs with the advances in 3D technology, as more people began playing them during the PS1 era.

>> No.3411401

>>3411335
SNES hands down.

>> No.3411469

inb4 ps-x shitstorm

>> No.3411507

>>3411353
>>3411469
what is wrong with using the initial psx
literally everyone and everything uses it
did some autist shit their pants over it before or what

>> No.3411508

>>3411353
> Wild Arms

Mah niggggaaa

>> No.3411520

Uh... does it matter which was better?
We don't exist in a world without one or the other. You're literally arguing over NOTHING.

>> No.3411534

>>3411520
are you actually autistic

>> No.3411571

>>3411335

If you're including things like SRPG, First Person RPG's, traditional JRPG, then PS1 shits all over the SNES.

Both are good, but PS1 has sheer volume over SNES.

Keep in mind there is some overlap, a lot of SNES games got ported to PS1, so things like:

>Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen
>Tactics Ogre: Let us cling together
>FF4, FF5, FF6
>Chrono Trigger
>Remakes of FF1 and 2

Obviously a lot of these are a better experience on SNES due to less loading times.

But if you're talking a binary Yes or No, One or the Other. The PS1 is going to win.

>More of every RPG genre
>A lot of the games got ported from SNES to PS1

>> No.3411607

>>3411534
Said the guy arguing about which system was better for RPGs.

>> No.3411932

>>3411335
PS wins by sheer volume alone.
But I don't personally think quantity over quality is really a valid argument on its own so let me elaborate further.
SNES came in a time when not many companies ventured into making RPGs, mostly because at the time the RPG environment was basically claimed by a few big names, that is to say Squaresoft, Atlus, Enix(Although mostly by proxy since they were more of a publisher), Falcom and some smaller names like Banpresto, though of course there were RPGs from other big houses, Breath of Fire comes to mind, there were also some really technically impressive games, like Star Ocean or Tales of Phantasia, cult RPGs like Masaya's Der Langrisser and Data East's Metal Max and minor, very flawed, but enjoyable and in some cases very interesting minor games like Dark Law or Solid Runner made by Ascii Arts.
Basically, it set an entire standard for the modern console RPGs, much more than the NES did, this is the main reason why the SNES is so highly regarded to this day.

The PS however took it even further, not by virtue of better hardware alone, but simply because at that point the market was ready for the RPG explosion, the genre was already popularized by the SNES both in the west and the east, 3D was now widely available tech for the audience instead of being relegated to arcades and PCs, more developers were interested in trying in getting a piece of that cake and due to better hardware, contracts and working conditions and compared to these days, economy, there was a big RPG bubble.
And while everyone and their mother put out RPGs in droves on the PS there still were curious cases such as Falcom basically disappearing from the console scene during the fifth gen, despite the fact that basically every RPG known to man was also ported on that, there was even going to be a Baldur's Gate port(you can find the unfinished ISO on the net, it's pretty buggy but still impressive) and many smaller names like Culdcept went multiplat.
>>>

>> No.3411936

>>3411932

What you also shouldn't underestimate about the PS was the 3D capabilities, games like King's Field and Shadow Tower wouldn't have been possible and that kind of RPG would have probably stayed on PC with games like Ultima Underworld.

Traditional turn based RPGs went further due to simply having more space, both contents and graphics skyrocketed, that was the main reason of FFVII's success, DQVII's length, Arc The Lad trilogy, Suikoden, Front Mission and so on, conversely, due to having more space certain other RPGs elaborated in style and mechanics, the two SaGa Frontier titles, BoF III and especially IV with its beautiful pastel graphics and gorgeous spritework, Legend of Mana's rich non linear world, Lunatic Dawn 3 which elaborated Diablo's RNG dungeons and took it up to eleven by adding parallel worlds and time making your character age and even engage in relationships to the point of having children, Zill O'll absurd number of scripted events and endings, Tales of Eternia fluid 2d battle system and Valkyrie Profile's hybrid turn+action based system, Vagrant Story, MOON and so on.
To further add on all of this, a few SNES RPGs got ported to PS with some games like Ogre Battle getting also slightly better graphic touch-ups, further on there wer also a few NES remakes like the FF ORIGINS pack though that was actually a multiplat since it was also available on WSC at the time.
To conclude, PS' success on the RPG market was vastly due to what the SNES did, if the SNES didn't create a wide, international market the PS wouldn't have had THAT much success, thogh it probably would have taken the role of the SNES.

If you ask me, both have great games and while some games on the SNES are truly impressive to this day I don't think it can stand up to the PS, simply because as I've said, the PS stood on the shoulders of a giant and made everything that was done before better. bigger, stronger and also helped create a lot of original RPG's structures and ideas.

>> No.3411945

>>3411371
Define aimless.

>> No.3411948

>>3411507
Yes. Every time I say Playstation X someone jumps on me and goes into a rage.

>> No.3411951

Actually made me thing, OP. My initial response would be PS1 because frankly, it's where I started my rpg career. I played through a lot of the SNES library after I got access to emulators.


But it's a really big tossup. On one hand you've got FFVII, Vandal Hearts, Suikoden, Wild Arms, Xenogears. On the other you got FFIV-VI, Breath of Fire 2, Chrono fucking trigger, Live a live.

Still, gonna go with Playstation.

>> No.3411952

>>3411936
moon translation finished never

>> No.3411957
File: 110 KB, 500x224, GuessWhichOneIsUglier.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3411957

>> No.3412042

>>3411957
>filename
Easy, FF5a

>> No.3412068

>>3411335
SNES for 2D RPGs
PS1 for 3D RPGs
/thread

>> No.3412071

A number of the good SNES RPGs made it to PS1, but usually were nearly unplayable. Like the PS1 Chrono Trigger loading times were unbearable. I got that when it came out but couldn't give Chrono Trigger a proper go till it came out on the DS.

>> No.3412083

>>3411571
>>3411932

I think it's actually the opposite, SNES wins by far if we are talking about pure numbers. There's literally hundreds of RPG's in SNES, the ported ones to Ps1 are just an insignificant part.

It doesn't help that tons of SNES RPG are not known at all by western public, but that means there's lots of games to still be discovered.

>> No.3412095

>>3412083
>I think it's actually the opposite, SNES wins by far if we are talking about pure numbers

Nah m8, not even remotely close, for every obscure RPG on the SNES there's at least three on the PS.
Not even kidding, if you think the SNES has the advantage of having more obscure titles then you have no idea of how many obscure titles the PS has.
I tell you, it's been something like 4 years since I'm diving into JP only released titles for the PS and the quantity of RPG is simply mind boggling even compared to the SNES, and when you least expect it you find out obscure Saturn ports like Druid, games like Last Queen IV, budget RPG hybrids like Battle Hunter, completely forgot games like Khamrai, obscure SNES remakes like Bounty Sword, I could go on and on and on.

>> No.3412102
File: 2.14 MB, 2968x1725, 1401410599866.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3412102

>>3412095
For some reason i never see too many RPG's in the japan Ps1 charts.

>> No.3412120

>>3412095
I have a list of RPG's of every console, if it's not complete it has to be close to it.
Both SNES and Ps1 have pretty similar numbers, around 300 games listed. Pure strategy games are also included, some games like Worms of X-Com for the Ps1 clearly don't fit at all, but i guess both catalogs are still pretty close.

>> No.3412183

>>3411353
>But it was ignored by the japs that didn't bother to translate
What?
Don't you mean it was ignored by Amerifats who don't like JRPGs?
Just because you can't read Japanese doesn't make your inferior port machine better.

>> No.3412242

I'll speak from a European point of view. While we missed most RPGs of the SNES era (no Final Fantasy, no Chrono Trigger, no Earthbound...), we were blessed with nearly every JRPG that were released stateside on the Playstation.

A lot of younger people who weren't into computer RPG yet, got into the genre thanks to Final Fantasy VII, Wild Arms or Grandia.

Now, while the two systems have great games, the Playstation has Valkyrie Profile, Xenogears and Final Fantasy Tactics in its favor, imo.

>> No.3412280

>>3411335
PSX overall, but SNES Chrono Trigger is infinitely better than the PlayStation fiasco.

Same with the 2D Final Fantasy's.

>> No.3412318
File: 2.51 MB, 2344x3304, The Great RPG Console Battle.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3412318

>>3411335

>> No.3412331

>>3412318
I think you forgot Fire Emblem 4 and Thracia

>> No.3412339

>>3411353
>marked the birth of the RPGs in the US
maybe on consoles

>> No.3412343

both lose because jrpg is a shitty genre for aspies

>> No.3412406

>>3412343
great post anon
really knocked it out of the park

>> No.3412438
File: 4 KB, 215x159, 4L_lURItfUp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3412438

>>3411335
>JRPGs

Eww. No one actually plays this meme shit right? This is an elaborate joke to get people to fall for it so they play those games too bad have a horrible time right? That's just mean. Stop trying to trick people into playing awful, shit-tier video games. Fucking degenerates.

>> No.3412462

>>3412343
>>3412438
>jrpgs
>bad
shit taste

>> No.3412491
File: 131 KB, 1200x1200, 4L_RNhbegy9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3412491

>>3412462
>shitcan paint by numbers story
>characters from a template of generic fantasy tropes
>some of the worst writing in video game history
>you can predict the ending and plot twists by looking at the box
>they're literally all the exact same fucking game
>Most repetitive grindy bullshit--you never actually even accomplish anything
>they're called RPGs even though you as the player have almost no agency in anything that's going on
>literally no role playing elements
>shitty generic anime art
>overall just aggressively uninteresting
>at every turn in the design process, they made the decision to do whatever was least fun and most antithetical to user experience principles
>literally no challenge because you can just beat your head against a wall like a drooling fucktard for hours on end grinding like an absolute chump like the game tells you to, and then you're OP and it's somehow even more boring
>literally not a single compelling gameplay mechanic or plot device

I just... Your time on this earth is limited, anons. You don't enjoy these games, so why would you force yourself to play them? They're built from the ground up to be as unenjoyable as possible. Go outside, ride a bike with the other neighbor kids. Go climb a tree or throw rocks at a seagull. Build a sweet fort out of old branches and freak out when you realize it's full of bugs. Make memories. Watch a movie. Play an actual game. Read a book that means something to you. Sit and have a heart to heart chat with a buddy next to a campfire, learn something about life. There are better ways to spend your limited lifespan than JRPGs, my dude. I worry for you.

>> No.3412494

>>3412491
>Generalizations
Maybe you're playing shite JRPGs

>> No.3412529

>>3412318
Nigger you're missing tons of SNES shit
>Thracia
>Tactics Ogre, fuck your PSX shit
>Dragon Quest I-3 remakes
>Treasure Hunter G
>Megaten I & II: The Old Testament
>SMT if
>Majin Tensei games

>> No.3412532

>>3412491
Great normalfag impression my man.

>> No.3412536

Annnnd this thread has turned to shit.

SNES has classics, PSX has experimental, yet kinda unpolished stuff. But the ideas on display were awesome and I don't want to detract from the also-solid classics it possesses, albeit in fewer amounts. In numbers, PSX beats SNES hands down, but the number of outstanding games on SNES makes it a very tough call.

>> No.3412559

Let's try to lead back the thread.

>>3412536
I would say that there's the same amount of experimental stuff in SNES. It just didn't got translated at the time. About the numbers i found they almost the same.

>> No.3412676

>>3412494
Let me guess, you're going to try to convince us that Shit Megami Tensai isn't everything anon just described?

>> No.3412743

>>3412676
>Dialogue options influence ending
>Customization of party is deep
>unconventional mix of demonic and post-apocalyptic elements
>Can't grind to win
>Distinct art style
Huh, SMT isn't like that description at all.

>> No.3412823

>>3412743
Literally everything you just listed is completely inaccurate.

>> No.3412826

SNES. RPGs are slow enough without the load times.

SNES > Genesis > Playstation >>>>>> N64

>> No.3412831

>>3412826
>Genesis > Playstation
thefuck
also n64 had like 2 rpgs why is it even there

>> No.3412841

>>3412831
Quality over Quantity.

SNES has both. Genesis has quality. Playstation has quantity. N64 is technically a console with an RPG on it.

>> No.3412872

Suikoden, Cross, LoM, Xenogears, Wild Arms, FFT > anything the SNES has to offer.

>> No.3412875

>>3412841
I'd say the Genesis had higher quantity of good (4/5) titles, while the SNES had tons of shovelware but a few great (5/5) titles.

>> No.3412903

>>3411335
PSX had more RPGs, but quality wins over quantity for me.

>> No.3412910

I think we can all agree that you do yourself a disservice if you exclude one or the other

>> No.3413164

>>3411335
Snes had final Fantasy 2 and 3, psx had final Fantasy 4 and 6, so it's a tough call

>> No.3413240

>>3413164
>psx had final Fantasy 4 and 6
SNES had both of those with less load times
Use a better example tard
PSX had 7 and 8

>> No.3413327

>>3413240
But the 2 you mentioned suck
>hurr durr I'm a big haired faggot who runs around an "open" world but still choose to do closed turn based fighting
>hurr durr it's the same shit but I evolved into an emo faggot with a shitty mini game
Actually, you helped me decide, snes wins

>> No.3413884

>>3412823
Looks like somebody has never played an SMT game!

>> No.3413956
File: 74 KB, 345x540, 4L_FP3qX00M.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3413956

>>3413884
Please never access the Internet ever again. Your presence here is a net negative for humanity.

>> No.3414148
File: 6 KB, 210x239, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3414148

>>3413956

>> No.3414345

>>3411335
Gonna have to go with SNES. Chrono Trigger clinches it. That said, PSX had a great library.

>> No.3414592

>>3413164
There's other RPG's besides final fucking fantasy.

>> No.3414868

>>3414592
I know, but what about ones that are worth playing? You still come back to those 4.

>> No.3414962

>>3414868
refer to
>>3412318
>>3412331
>>3412529

>> No.3414982

>>3412318
>no SNES SaGa games
>no Metal Max games
What the fuck is this shit.

>> No.3414987

>>3414962
Played most of them from the list, half from the pic, ehh

Even chrono trigger was better than a lot of those that I tried.

>> No.3415012

>>3414982
Babby's first RPG list
Notice how there's not even Front Mission 2/3 on the PS side, let alone Vandal Heart 1/2.

>> No.3415019

>>3414982
Metal Max Returns is my favourite SNES RPG by far. For some reason rarely gets any apreciation.

>> No.3415026
File: 9 KB, 300x293, Assault Shibe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3415026

>>3415019
>For some reason rarely gets any apreciation.
Because people don't like playing a RPG, they like RPGs that play themselves.
Imagine the average anon playing something so open like Metal Max, good luck if they can even go further than the twin cannons without dropping it because lolnostory, nodirection.

Same reason why games like SaGa aren't appreciated by most people in the west and Metal Saga on the PS2 bombed.

>> No.3415029

>>3415026
But people are always complaining about how JRPG are always so linear and predictable, i don't get what they actually want.

>> No.3415048

>>3415029
Hypocrisy.
And ignorance of course, most people think that JRPGs are DQ, Final Fantasy and garbage like Legaia or Legend of Dragoon, the further they can imagine is SMT, because that's all they've played.

See how many threads are made about Chrono Trigger or Earthbound and see how many are made about stuff like Growlanser, Langrisser or Metal Max, the only exception is the SaGa threads and only because there's a handful of people who really like the games and want to make them more known.
You see many threads about Diablo but there has never been a thread about Lunatic Dawn 3, which was heavily inspired by Diablo and was actually a much better RPG than Diablo in the RPG department, yet few people even know about it.
And since they think all there is to RPGs is the ones that got localized when they were kids, no other kind of RPG exists, it's the same vicious circle that spawned those cringeworthy "Every JRPG ever" videos on youtube, it's dumb ignorant morons doing what they do best.

>> No.3415065

>>3412491
You are generally correct but there are some exceptions

>> No.3415067

>>3415048
>And since they think all there is to RPGs is the ones that got localized when they were kids, no other kind of RPG exists

That's so true and it's pretty sad. Here in Europe Chrono Trigger, FFVI or Dragon Quest were "obscure" since they weren't published here, and stuff like Terranigma or Illusion of time were the recurrent ones.

I didn't know Lunatic Dawn 3 was a Ps1 game, i thought all the saga was exclusive to nip computers. It's playable enough knowing little moon?

>> No.3415087

>>3411507
I don't really get it though. Why abbreviate it PSX? It isn't called the Playstation X. It's the Playstation or the PSone. Where does the "X" come from? Why wouldn't it be PS or PS1?

>> No.3415109

>>3412491

Shouldn't I pose the same suggestion to you? Maybe instead of being asspained by what other people like YOU should go outside and ride a bike? Why do you care? Why waste your time coming into a thread about a genre you don't like?

Life is short anon, spend your time more wisely.

>> No.3415270

>>3415067
>It's playable enough knowing little moon?
You'd lose on the story and the endings, and there's some event worlds where you'll have to make choices which change the endings but the raw gameplay is extremely simple.

Basically, it's Diablo, but with more magic, more weapon types, more abilities, forging, alchemy and I kid you not, infinite worlds, in each world you'll go you'll find a tavern in which you can take missions, talk with NPCs and recruit party members.
The missions are divided into four types, rescuing a NPC in a dungeon, finding objects, whether they're in dungeons or the overworlds, item deliveries and assassinations, each type of mission will also influence your alignment that will of course influence your NPC relationships and endings.
Now, the fun thing about the world generator is that you can use everything, any in game item(some of those are keys to get to event words), put a CD in the console to generate a world or even use save data, so you can generate an outrageous number of worlds with a pretty good amount of variations in terms of dungeons and layouts.

What I really liked is also the RPG aspect, you can marry, though you'll have to court your partner and find someone who's also aligned with you, and even have children and watch them grow, and one real neat thing is that the partner system is thought out in a way that if your wife/husband sees you flirting with another party member the relationship will progressively get worse to the point that they may even suicide in front of you, and you'll even see your status as widow, and getting into relationships also influences your ending.
There's a lot to talk about really, it's a pretty neat game if not a bit rough around the edges, but as long as you like RNG dungeon crawlers like Diablo that might scratch that itch quite well, or at least, it did with me.

>> No.3415390

>>3415270
>Now, the fun thing about the world generator is that you can use everything, any in game item(some of those are keys to get to event words), put a CD in the console to generate a world or even use save data, so you can generate an outrageous number of worlds with a pretty good amount of variations in terms of dungeons and layouts.

I don't really get this but it sounds like the Disgaea item world. Also that cd thing sounds like Vib Ribbon.

>What I really liked is also the RPG aspect, you can marry, though you'll have to court your partner and find someone who's also aligned with you, and even have children and watch them grow, and one real neat thing is that the partner system is thought out in a way that if your wife/husband sees you flirting with another party member the relationship will progressively get worse to the point that they may even suicide in front of you, and you'll even see your status as widow, and getting into relationships also influences your ending.

That sounds amazing and considering i love the first Diablo i guess i should play it sooner or later.
I just discovered there's another Lunatic Dawn game for ps1 called Odissey, how is it?
What about the other platforms?

>> No.3415442

>>3415390
>I don't really get this but it sounds like the Disgaea item world.
Pretty much, basically, to warp to other worlds you'll have to get to a Gate, this Gate has four options.
A Blue Sphere which lets you return to your home world, a Green Sphere which lets you jump randomly to other worlds, an altar which lets you use items, CDs or savedata to generate worlds and a staircase which leads you to a Gate Dungeon which progresses in difficulty the further you go down.
It basically predated Disgaea's concept of randomly generated dungeons by using items, but Lunatic Dawn 3 generates entire small worlds you can explore, with their own dungeons, quests and NPCs.
>I just discovered there's another Lunatic Dawn game for ps1 called Odissey, how is it?
Odyssey is completely different, it's a standard turn based RPG, as per tradition of the Lunatic Dawn series is very open and there's still a lot of focus on roleplay and active interaction with party members, but contrary to Lunatic Dawn 3 it's VERY text heavy, it is vaguely similar in structure to HOMM for a few things, for other things it's also vaguely reminiscent of King's Quest, but again, it's a very text heavy game so you'll need to know japanese to play it unlike 3, which is pretty easy to get into even by blindly playing and learning empirically as you go, also by virtue of being an action RPG.
>What about the other platforms?
I still haven't tried the first two games as I'm concentrating on my console backlogs at the moment, so I can't tell you much about them but they're very similar to Ultima and most of the classic western CRPGs, I know there's also a Lunatic Dawn for PS2 but I don't know anything about it other than the fact that it exists.

>> No.3415468

>>3415442
That's being pretty useful, thank you.
Do you know about more retro jrpg's with a similar open design? I already know about Metal Max and SaGa but Lunatic Dawn is a lot more obscure and unknown for the western player.
I think Uncharted Waters could be another one, haven't played yet though.

I know this has little to do with the thread topic but at least it's better than arguing with obvious trolls.

>> No.3415539

>>3415468
>Do you know about more retro jrpg's with a similar open design?

Well, it's not quite as open as Metal Max or SaGa but you might want to try Traverse:Starlight&Prairie on the SNES, actually, for some things you can see it was heavily inspired by SaGa as it uses a very similar proficiency system and a similar quest structure, though Traverse has a dating system that works on a real time timer, so you need to plan you movements and calculate how much you'll need to reach a location to date one of your possible partners, it's not as good as Metal Max or SaGa but it's somewhat light hearted despite the depressing beginning and it's also kind of charming if not a bit slow in terms of cutscenes, though you'll need to know enough japanese to play this one.
I still have to try the prquel to this game which is called Soul&Sword, can't tell you much about it but I suppose it shares a similar structure.
Inindo is another very open title for the SNES but despite being quite intriguing in terms of scenario the graphics absolutely blow and the game is somewhat too simplistic, the translation is pure garbage too but it does make it playable to people who don't know japanese.
Uncharted Waters is great but I wouldn't really call it a RPG, it's more of a management/Sim/RTS titles mixed with a RPG, it's pretty great if you like those genres though, KOEI was at the top back then and it does deserve quite a few playthrough, the overall game system is excellent and offer you quite a lot of variety, not to mention, it takes place in the real world and each character has their own storyline so it's pretty fun to roleplay as a pirate, as an explorer or a merchant, very satisfying game.
>>>

>> No.3415545

>>3415539

On the PS there's Zill O'll, which has received a superlative remake for PS2 called Zill O'll Infinite and an expanded port to PSP called Zill O'll Infinite+, Zill O'll is by far the most ambitious RPG I've played in terms of pure storyline roleplay and openness, I can safely say nothing quite compares to its sheer number of party members, events, event variations, freedom and endings, I'm talking about more than 50 endings, and not Star Ocean 2 styles with mere dialogue variations, they are more than 50 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT endings based on who you met, the decisions you took, affection meters in a cast of PCs and NPCs and a lot of other minor things, it's mind blowing, if it had a combat system and music as good as SaGa or Metal Max it would be by far the greatest non linear RPG I've ever played, but it doesn't so it's not quite there yet.
Don't get me wrong though, the combat system is neat and much better than the average JRPG, but it's still very simplistic and exploitable and admittedly the core of the game is pure roleplay and sequence breaking, unfortunately, you do need to know japanese because the game is extremely story heavy, and I'm sure you'd appreciate the sheer craziness and charm of this game, The action RPG Zill O'll for the PS3 is a prequel to the PS game but it's completely different and not really good, it's a mediocre musou-like game in terms of gameplay, though in case one day some kind soul would put out a patch for Zill O'll you might want to play that in order to understand the story better.

I also remembered about another PS RPGs with mecha that was supposedly pretty open with ots of scenario variations but I can't quite remember the title I'm afraid, if I do and this thread is still up though I'll post it for you.

>> No.3415568

>>3415270

This game sounds really fuckin' great, even if I wouldn't be able to really dive into because language barrier.

>> No.3415665
File: 145 KB, 500x374, cooper.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3415665

>>3415539
>>3415545
That's great quality posting, thanks.
I really want to play Zill O'll now, it looks like the Alpha Protocol of JRPG's.

>> No.3415781

>>3411335
neither. JRPGs are pure ass

>fucking linear.
>here's obviously the new equipment you want to use. you wanted to make your chars a specific way? too fucking bad.
>we're not gonna tell you who to talk to, so just trial and error it until you find the right trigger.
>mountains of dialog that even if it's translated correctly doesn't make that good of a story.
>vague or unexplained combat mechanics.
>bad mini games.
>meaningless choices. either talk to aeris and say something and it affects a cutscene way down the road with exactly the same fucking dialog, or pick the other option and have it with tifa.

>> No.3415785

>>3415781
>fucking linear.
Not Dragon Quest 3
>bad mini games.
Not Dragon Quest 3

>> No.3415792

Snes, all kinds of RPG's and all of good quality. PS1 era Square for example was not as good as their output on the snes.

>> No.3416470
File: 2.81 MB, 1920x1080, screen02.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3416470

PC

>> No.3416484

SNES.
PSX was the era when RPGs went anime. If you like that slant then yeah, you'll like PSX more.
Really, the animefication of RPGs ramped up around the Sega CD when Japanese companies had to make FMVs to impress customers. So they got anime houses to do the animation. So then JRPGs became this more niche anime thing as opposed to swords and sorcery fantasy. Then snowballed into this weird magical princess anime RPG shit we have today.
Also, people like to forget but JRPGS used to be graphical powerhouses. They were big, expensive games. Earthbound was initially panned because it had 'passable' graphics. Chrono Trigger is frankly shocking how they fit that into a SNES cart and shit, even today when I play FF6 that segment where it cuts into the mode 7 first person mine cart still catches me off guard.
FF7 is the same way, watching cutscenes zoom into gameplay blew people's minds back in the day. It was this big expensive game that took everyone by surprise and still does.
So what the fuck am I saying?
Well, when discs came out it was cheaper to produce games, especially with limited and low print runs. This plays in perfectly to a niche audience like anime, especially back in the 90s. So less big expensive JRPGs came out and a huge influx of weird Japanesey...things started coming out. It became more of a "how do we guarantee selling 30,000 copies" and less about wanting to sell as many as you can.
So TL;DR:
If you want classic: SNES.
If you want different: PSX.

>> No.3416539

>>3416470
>post a platform was wasn't in the question
>post a game that isn't retro
>Enhanced Edition
back to /v/, mustard

>> No.3416565

>>3416484
>Also, people like to forget but JRPGS used to be graphical powerhouses.

I don't think so, you can see Dragon Quest for an example. Even Chrono Trigger is not even comparable to the strong arcade titles of the same platform. It's not like there's nothing wrong with that though, i think those games are more about artistic design than pure technical power.

>> No.3416647
File: 2.80 MB, 2526x2254, アニメじゃない.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3416647

>>3416484
>PSX was the era when RPGs went anime.
Oh yeah?
I swear there were a few anime games before...
Hmmm, nevermind, must be my imagination.
>Really, the animefication of RPGs ramped up around the Sega CD
Lolno, the vast majority of games were already "Anime" far before the Sega CD was even conceived
>Also, people like to forget but JRPGS used to be graphical powerhouses.
Hahahaha, what?
Most RPGs outside of Falcom, Enix and Square big titles were not even remotely good looking or technically impressive, just like they are now.
>So less big expensive JRPGs came out and a huge influx of weird Japanesey...things started coming out.
Explain things like Tengai Makyou games, Shiren, Live A Live, Princess Minerva, Dragon Slayer games, Ys, Brandish games, Dragon Quest games and a lot of other non RPG anime games that had anime cutscenes, plots and aesthetic.
I won't ask you to talk about PCE or PC88-98 games, I won't ask you to talk about really minor anime games on Sega consoles like Surging Aura, I won't even ask you about RPGs licensed anime games.
Explain to me how Xanadu or Dragon Quest are less anime games than FFVII.
That's right, you can't, because "Anime games" doesn't mean anything outside of your typical normalfag "Dude, big swords LMAO".
>So what the fuck am I saying?
Shit you know nothing about, that's for sure.

Let me tell you, you don't need to have an opinion anything, far less on shit you know nothing about, don't be a mouthbreathing retard, at least not on /vr/.

>> No.3416650

>>3411469
>>3411507
Every thread. Dude get a life.

>> No.3417039

>>3416647
It is your imagination. Yeah RPGs had anime art in Japan but not in the west. If anything they actively tried to hide the fact it was foreign because less people would buy it. We all know that already.
You can show me japanese box art all day but you know that wasn't widely released that way. If it even was widely released at all.
>Tengai Makyou games
Didnt see a release in the west due to anime bullshit.
>Shiren
See above.
>Live A Live
See above.
>Princess Minerva
See above.
>Dragon Slayer
Look at the original box art, wasn't anime shit. Then turned anime shit to guarantee 30k sold.
>Ys
Redone art style to appeal to more people.
>Dragon Quest
Everyone know this one was also re-branded for wider appeal.
>Brandish
Heres an anim-oh it came out here and nobody bought it or cared. Way to go, Anime!
Now why did most of these shithouse anime games come out for some obscure Japanese only PC? Because much like CDs, floppys were cheaper to produce in limited print runs which plays perfect for weebs like you. Play up the Japanese angle and nips go bonkers. PCFX, Super CD, PC Engine. I'm seeing a lot of CDs here...almost as if I completely hit the nail on the head about your weeb shit. You're just scoffing at the idea that 99% of people outside of Japan aren't into a bunch of Japanese exclusive, Japanese language RPG games that you can only play on dated imported Japanese hardware and only understand if you:
A) Learn Japanese.
B) Emulate.
C) Reproduction.
All of which aren't things MOST people aren't going to do. Which makes all that shit a niche hobby that caters to people who are gonna import the shit anyway. It's like Senran Kagura today, nobody but a handful of loyalists give a flying fuck.
The only real argument you have is that sometimes the pixels resemble anime art. And I'll give you that but I chalk that up to budgetary reasons.
So maybe I don't know much about your stupid weeb shit, sure, but you sure don't know dick about video games.

>> No.3417080

>>3417039
>Dragon Quest
that could have sold well because dragon ball z was popular here

>> No.3417081

>>3417039
>Yeah RPGs had anime art in Japan but not in the west.
So, wait a second, your point is that since the west had different covers the games magically weren't anime based anymore?
It takes some real mental gymnastic to do this shit you know, literally negationist tier mental gymnastic.
>Didnt see a release in the west due to anime bullshit.
How do you know? Were you working for Sega or Nintendo back in the days? I'm pretty sure that games like Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Breath of Fire, Dragon Quest and a tons of others came here in the west and were also appreciated, and all of those had very in game anime like illustrations, especially Phantasy Star IV.
>Look at the original box art, wasn't anime shit.
Which original boxart are you talking about?
I sure hope not the american one.
>Everyone know this one was also re-branded for wider appeal.
How does that changes the fact that DQ is the quintessential anime RPG?
>I'm seeing a lot of CDs here...almost as if I completely hit the nail on the head about your weeb shit.
All of the Nec games I posted with the exception of Tengai Makyou II were multiplats that had SNES and/or SMS ports or viceversa so again, stop talking about shit you know nothing about, at least make a Google search beforehand.
>You're just scoffing at the idea that 99% of people outside of Japan aren't into a bunch of Japanese exclusive
No, I'm simply raising my eyebrows at you moving your goalposts by saying inane shit like "B...but in the west the covers were different so they're totally not anime games".
You said that anime games were a thing of the PSX era, and I proved you wrong, you said that JRPGs used to be "Graphical Powerhouses", you were wrong again, you said that discs being cheaper played into the anime niche and yet most of the games I used as an examples were on cartridges(and the cartdridges sold more copies than the CDs),what's next?
Am I supposed to think Ultima is an anime game because in japan they gave it an anime boxart?

>> No.3417171

>>3416647
Langrisser was released in the US as Warsong
Tengai Makyou was probally not realased overseas because it was to Japanese I think.
One or two of those games you posted was ero stuff which speaks for itself.
Live A Live has no kind of anime visual style ingame, same goes for Xanadu.

Dragon Slayer the Legend of Heroes was actually released overseas (with anime looking characters and what not).

As soon as Fire Emblem became worldknown it sold like hotcakes (while still having a very anime visual style).

Also, most of these games came on systems very late or only on systems that pretty much didn't have any other user base than the Japanese.

>> No.3417216

>>3417081
My point is that JRPGs, like I said in my original post, became a niche anime thing as opposed to swords and sorcery.
Look at Dragon Slayer 1's box art. Painted warrior fighting a painted dragon. Then look at Dragon Slayer 2's box art. Anime. And then by Legend of the Heroes 2, you got blue haired princess girl and whoever cares.
It wasn't anime first you fucking moron. It became that way to sell niche products.
How do I know? It's been over 30 years if Faxandu was gonna be a fucking breakout hit series it would've happened by now. The only series you listed still making games is Dragon Quest. Why? Because Toriyama might as well be Japanese Disney. But why are the others dead? Cause they cashed out early. Took that guaranteed sales. Shit, Valis is a porn series now. Get over it, man.
Hell, Ys is a perfect example. It began as swords and sorcery, people talking ye old English. Now if you showed someone a newer Ys game they could be forgiven for thinking it's something entirely different.
You say they were multiplats but they started on the PC and even then: They are japanese only multiplats. Don't be disingenuous. My point is still valid. Without emulating or importing you can only play Ys and Brandish of your list. Cool. Great list.
See, you're doing this thing where you think I'm budging from my original point and I'm not.
Let me just ask you this: If I'm WRONG why would they change Ultima's box art to anime in Japan if it WASN'T about immediate sales?
You're under the impression these games are anime first and they're not.
Are you trying to say PSX era games aren't more anime influenced than earlier games? Cause at this point I just think you're trying to win an argument badly. Working Designs, a PSX and a Sega Saturn might want to have a word with you about games.

>> No.3417310

>>3417171
>Live A Live has no kind of anime visual style ingame
The character and enemies were literally designed by famous mangaka or were pretty much walking references to classic anime, see Akira's chapter.
>One or two of those games you posted was ero stuff which speaks for itself.
The first Dragon Knight, yes. How does that changes the fact that it's blatantly anime?
>Also, most of these games came on systems very late or only on systems that pretty much didn't have any other user base than the Japanese.
And?
>>3417216
>It's been over 30 years if Faxandu was gonna be a fucking breakout hit series it would've happened by now.
It is? Have you by chance missed Tokyo Xanadu coming out not even a year ago?
Have you missed the little particular of the Dragon Slayer/Legend of Heroes series literally being part of the Xanadu franchise?
>The only series you listed still making games is Dragon Quest
Metal Max 4 came out last year, Fire Emblem, Legend of Heroes and SMT are alive and well, how does that change the fact that Anime games were already being made much earlier than the PS?
>people talking ye old English.
In your fanfic localization maybe.
>They are japanese only multiplats. Don't be disingenuous. My point is still valid
Your point was never valid, you pretend that anime games simply never existed because they weren't localized in the west(They were, by the way, but murricans changed that because they weren't murrican enough).
You can't make such an assumption by limiting the entire videogame market to one region or continent, especially now, it's beyond moronic.
>If I'm WRONG why would they change Ultima's box art to anime in Japan if it WASN'T about immediate sales?
Why do you keep shifting the point of the discussion? OF COURSE it was made to appeal to the public, just like americans changed the boxart and game art of japanese games, see FFL, does that change the fact that the original games were made with anime aesthetics in mind?
>>>

>> No.3417316

>>>
Are you seriously going to keep pushing this retarded argument? And you still haven't answered my question, is Ultima an "anime" RPG since the Japanese cover was anime like?
Let me pick another, irrefutable example, Chrono Trigger, why and how did it get localized since it was pure anime shit and why did it have so much success despite being unadulterated anime shit.
>Are you trying to say PSX era games aren't more anime influenced than earlier games?
Yes, because I evidently played many more games than you and I can safely say that they're not any more anime influenced than games from the 5th gen.
>Working Designs
WD were literal hacks who freely changed the games' script and pushed farts and Clinton jokes, they even changed the games' balance because to them they didn't feel right, so don't even fucking mention them.
>a PSX and a Sega Saturn might want to have a word with you about games.
What, you're going to tell me about Saturn or PS games?
Are you kidding me?
You of all people are going to tell me about the amount of japanese games on those two consoles even though you can't even read japanese and have no idea of the japanese library of those games?
I'm sorry, you're simply delusional.

Besides, you still haven't even said what is an "anime" game to you, you say swords and sorcery somehow isn't anime when it's full of swords and sorcery anime, they even made a fucking Wizardry OVA back in the days and Dragon Quest is pure Sword and Sorcery RPG. Painted shit isn't anime when most anime back in the days had literally every piece of promotional art being painted. from mecha shows to fantasy shows.

You have literally no idea what you're talking about and yet you insists on making vague points, evading questions and moving goalposts like mad like saying that since the american market didn't see those games or changed the cover they didn't exist.
How is Ys any different from classic Ys except having a change of illustrators and a party system?

>> No.3417371

I don't see what would have changed between 16 and 32 bit for games to be more "anime" except cd being able to reproduce some anime videos and intros, but i think CG stuff was a lot more common after some little time.
So i don't really see the point of the discussion, what's an "anime" game? There's "manga" games too?
People like Nightow, Kosuke Fujishima, Tatsuya Egawa or Akihiro Yamada worked in SNES jrpg's. Hell, it's obvious that japanese games have japanese art, the only thing that changes is the technology.

>> No.3417387

>>3417371
Finally someone who gets it holy shit.
Thanks anon.

>> No.3417465

>>3417316
Thanks for bringing up Tokyo Xanadu another fantasy game turned anime.
None of those games are Phantasy Star, Shining Force or Breath of Fire on your list but sure I'll bite. All the games you listed, again, were only available in Japan at release. Metal Max 4 is Japanese DS only.
Again.
Without importing and learning Japanese, or emulating, the games you mention are unplayable.
These games existed few and far in between and largely unavailable to most people and yet you still want to pretend as if the generation it came out in was defined by said barely existing games.
Stop being asinine. It's not worth a double post.
And another thing, just because you think WD are hacks doesn't make what they did for your anime bullshit any less important. They made western people okay with looking at terrible Japanese art and stomach forking over cash to buy it.
And another another thing, Ultima is not an anime RPG the same way JRPGS weren't anime RPGS until they made them that way to sell units. Like I've been saying. this. whole. time.
I don't think you played more games than anyone on this board. I think you just watch a lot of anime.
I don't know why I have to keep reiterating my points. You don't read.
Akira Toriyama might as well be Japanese Disney. You look at Akira Toriyama art, you see Akira Toriyama. Nobody on earth designs the way he does and that's why you know his name. I'm shocked I have to spell this out. If you think Akira Toriyama and some jamoke animating Valis are on the same level you're a moron with no concept of design.
>What, you're going to tell me about Saturn or PS games?
Yes I am because you need to get your head pulled out of your ass. You know what, Mr. Japan Only. I'm willing to bet there are more Japanese Saturn Visual Novels than the entirety of Gen 4.
>How is Ys any different from classic Ys except having a change of illustrators and a party system?
How is something any different despite the way it looks and plays? Stop it already.

>> No.3417486

>>3412318
Strange how the list has both SaGa Frontiers listed but not all 3 Romancing SaGa games.

>> No.3417586
File: 305 KB, 5000x5000, 1461219043041.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3417586

>>3417465
>another fantasy game turned anime.
Feeling old already? You sound like those cranky old dadrock faggots.
You still have to tell me what is "anime" by the way.
>All the games you listed, again, were only available in Japan at release.
And?
>Without importing and learning Japanese, or emulating, the games you mention are unplayable.
Same thing for virtually any game, I lived in Europe and I didn't speak English back when I was a kid, so I couldn't have played FFVI for instance, that doesn't mean FFVI didn't exist, same for many people that didn't speak english at the time and nowadays.
That is YOUR problem, if at your age you only know one language and you like videogames as much as you say you do, that's the sorry present you chose for yourself.
>None of those games are Phantasy Star, Shining Force or Breath of Fire
PSO2 exists, Shining Force changed into the Shining series which is still made to this day, the only one that's dead is BoF, and still BoF6 recently came out, as much as you might not like it.
>yet you still want to pretend as if the generation it came out in was defined by said barely existing games.
Are you terminally retarded?
Are you seriously implying right now, that japanese games from the 4th or 3th gen didn't influence japanese developers in making japanese games for the 5th gen japanese consoles? And that they didn't influence the audience? Because they weren't played by westerners? Do you seriously think that "anime" games in the 5th gen were made to appeal to the western market? How delusional are you?
>They made western people okay with looking at terrible Japanese art
Oh really? They must have done a great work with Chrono Trigger, Phantasy Star, Shining Force and so on back then, oh wait...
>Ultima is not an anime RPG
But then why aren't Dragon Quest or Xanadu Anime RPGs?
>the same way JRPGS weren't anime RPGS until they made them that way to sell units.
This is some serious level of self inflicted brainwashing and delusion.
>>>

>> No.3417595

>>3417586
So Xanadu wasn't made to sell units for you, and neither was, let's say, Dragon Quest, they made those games because they were bored, and then suddenly they said "Hey you know what? Maybe we should make them more like our cartoons, because I'm feeling a bit broke right now, I'm sure that slapping some cartoon art will make this shit sell like hotcakes oh, and Toriyama isn't anime, mmkay?"
>Akira Toriyama might as well be Japanese Disney.
What? How young are you? What is that even supposed to mean and how does that infringe in any way the fact that his designs are "anime"?
>Nobody on earth designs the way he does and that's why you know his name.
That must be why he literally stopped drawing anything but sketches and a few illustrations and his assistants now draw everything for him since years, hmm.
>I'm willing to bet there are more Japanese Saturn Visual Novels than the entirety of Gen 4.
It takes a great deal of ignorance and foolishness to compare the Saturn to the entirety of Gen4, especially when VN thrived on PCs back then, but if you're willing to dig your grave further than this...
>How is something any different despite the way it looks and plays? Stop it already.
So, you stop playing games the moment the mechanics change from their first iteration and hen they try do something new?
Fitting, very fitting considering your ignorance and closemindedness.
So, any Ys without the bump system aren't Ys for you?
And what about those few who were actually sidescrollers?
And, what about, hey, what about Ys 5? Hey it's not like they are expanding the mechanics, no mang, dem shit ain't muh Ys, they are completely different yo! Just made to sell because of animu shit ruining muh games, how dare the developers compete in a market to earn their bread every day or even, no, I don't want to imagine it, even, following their taste, because who the fuck likes anime, Anime=Shit amirite?
You're a joke man, like really, have you got any self awareness at all?

>> No.3417630

>>3411335
>RPG
shit genre. sage.

>> No.3417638

i know everyone is ranting, but i've never played an 8 or 16-bit rpg, in fact neither GBA ones. had a NES mostly for action games and didn't had another console until the playstation 2. Which RPG's can i play that are short so i cant be dragged forever with one instead of just trying?

>> No.3417709

>>3417638
Live A Live is a bunch of short RPGs in one.
Paper Mario isn't that long.

>> No.3417795

>>3417586
It doesn't matter how I sound because I'm right and English not being your first language explains why you sound so fucking stupid.
You're framing it like some bullshit ethical argument. If a Tree falls in a forest does it make a sound? If obscure Japanese developers make games do they get played? Hate to break it to you, baby boy but in order to be influential you gotta reach people. The games that got international releases had more exposure and are therefore more influential. You can write the greatest song in the world but if nobody hears it, who fucking cares.
And yes, I'm seriously implying a giant surge of internationally released products with anime art in the late 90s for USA, EUR and Japan during the PSX life cycle has more anime shit going on then the generation that actively tried to hide it. And didn't release the games based on the fact that it looked like anime. It's not fucking rocket science, you dolt.
And again, you might not like Akira Toriyama but he's one of the most famous artists on the planet for a reason. You might not see why, but that's not my problem. I don't give a fuck what you like.
So sorry, baby boy, but your bullshit didn't set the world on fire.
It had over 30 years to prove it's staying power and all you got left is psp games, some porn and an iOS game. The best you can hope for.
History is on my side.
Oh and
>So, you stop playing games the moment the mechanics change from their first iteration and hen they try do something new?
Don't put words in my mouth. YOU said Ys and Classic Ys were the same. YOU made the dummy mistake, dummy. How's it feel being a dum dum?
Oh and so you stop asking as if it mattered:
Anime (Japanese: アニメ?, [anime] ( listen))[a] is Japanese hand-drawn or computer animation.
Eat a dick, sweetie.

>> No.3417967

>>3412318
My snes emulator has been collecting dust basically ever since I could get any computer game I wanted on steam. I should check out those dejap translations I started a decade ago but forgot about.

>> No.3418637
File: 96 KB, 800x437, 1465896835583.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3418637

>>3417795
>and English not being your first language explains why you sound so fucking stupid.
Hmmm, I wonder why you're dodging my questions and trying to move your goalposts so much.
>It doesn't matter how I sound because I'm right
Prove it, you still haven't proven anything besides your desperation.
>If obscure Japanese developers make games do they get played?
They do, especially when they get still made to this day.
>The games that got international releases had more exposure and are therefore more influential.
So, like Chrono Trigger? Well, good morning.
And no, you're talking about how the 5th generation suddenly become more "anime" to sell, blissfully and willingly ignoring the fact that cultural schematas exists and by simple reasoning all japanese games are inherently based on Anime
>has more anime shit going
Prove it, you didn't post any title, nor any statistical comparison, not like you can though.
I'm still waiting on that fabled list of Saturn VNs that should somehow outnumber all of the VNs made during the 4th gen by the way.
>And again, you might not like Akira Toriyama but he's one of the most famous artists on the planet for a reason.
Miyazaki is more famous.
And how does that change the fact that his works are literally anime?
>It had over 30 years to prove it's staying power
I fail to see the logic here, games are still being made to this day, how is it not "staying power"?
PSO2 is one of the most successful MMORPG in Japan, Shining series got even a PS3 release, Breath of Fire was arguably the only series(it was "Anime" and "sword and Sorcery since it's inception by the way) that "died".
>History is on my side.
Hahahaha, what?
You didn't answer a single of my questions, stop tring to go back into your little mental comfort zone, lying on the internet only makes you look more stupid.
>is Japanese hand-drawn or computer animation.
Great, so literally any japanese videogame is Anime going by your definition, keep digging your own grave, it's fun.

>> No.3419904

I don't see the point of taking a side as anyone who's interested in these sorts of things really should play at least the SNES-PS-PS2 line and NES-Genesis(Sega CD)-Saturn-N64-GBA-PSP afterwards, but I am gonna go with SNES I guess just for the hype factor. When emulation opened up SNES games, everyone I knew played the SNES games, it was almost a second release of SNES. FFV and SD3 paved the way - practically everyone rejoiced the translation and played those two. Both are still in my top 10 games if only at least because I love spellsword builds in games. Terranigma and Live A Live impressed me so much when I first played it. Playstation didn't quite have that excitement, everyone kinda went back to their own thing when epsxe became a thing. I think Metal Gear Solid had a bit of that hype but it's not an RPG.

>> No.3419947

>>3411607
>Said the guy complaining that systems don't matter and are irrelevant despite them having exclusive games and the conversation being about which consoles exclusives were better overall

Learn to have some fun m8.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action