[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 23 KB, 480x270, 13230318_1162257070485224_8582258460837423596_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3225839 No.3225839 [Reply] [Original]

Ghetto rigged an AC3 simulator.

Also i've been playing AC forever and i'm still trash, whats the secret?
I know how to cancel the stopping animation with the jumps and such and do fairly well in the arena but the missions always fuck me.

>> No.3226250

>>3225839
Never thought of plying AC with a flight stick. How does this work? I've only beat the first one with a standard dual-shock, they are hard games.

>> No.3226270

Oh fug. One of my best friends in high school worked at an arcade and would fix the machines so we could play for free. There was this badass mecha game you played with 2 sticks like that

>> No.3226273

>>3226270
Virtual On

>> No.3226281
File: 2.20 MB, 3780x2820, PlayStation-Analog-Joystick.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anyone tried playing AC with one of these?

>> No.3226315

>>3225839
>Ghetto rigged an AC3 simulator.

AC3 isn't retro, AC/ACPP/ACMOA are though.

>Also i've been playing AC forever and i'm still trash, whats the secret?

You just have to git gud, that's all there is to it, this isn't an action game like Souls were you can roll, heal or use a gorillion gimmick, AC is all about gitting gud on the raw basic gameplay of being better than what you're going to fight.

Learn what tools are useful in which situations or against which enemy, learn to move around well and most importantly, you should learn what is the AC type you're most comfortable with, don't try following build guides, they work well against certain enemies but as you go through the series you'll be placed against such incredibly unfair odds that having the virtually perfect counter build won't mean shit if you can't use it, it's much better to learn what kind of build you're more comfortable with and stick with it.
>>3226281
I don't think you can remap the controls on the PS ACs, but it's been more than 15 years since I last played them so I might be wrong.

>> No.3227264

>>3225839
>Ghetto rigged
You're insulting the ghetto with that rig

>> No.3229185

oh whoops
not ace combat 3

*puts spaghetti back and leaves*

>> No.3230347

>>3225839
Armored Core is mostly about yes, moving, but also realizing that you and your opponents are all going to be using aiming software, and half the battle is about getting an intuitive lock on things like your enemy's fire rate, the path that missiles will follow when launched, how the FCS will lead the shots when you're moving, how you and your enemy have specific turning speeds, the position an enemy will be at based on their movement speed when you can't actually see them on screen, and therefor where missiles will be launched from, how long it will take them to get to you, how to move with what timing in order to feint the guidance system, etc. etc. etc.

Experience, Mind Games, Math, Spatial Awareness, Reflexes, Coordination, Rationality, Focus, Intuition, Cool-headedness.

You are probably meant to be good at piloting mechs or you're just not.

>> No.3231012

>>3230347
>but also realizing that you and your opponents are all going to be using aiming software

FCS was probably one of the best mechanics in AC, it really makes you feel like you're piloting a mech, that's really different from the vast majority of aiming systems used in mecha games, maybe only Ace Combat can give you a kind of similar experience.