[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 221 KB, 500x400, Super_Famicom.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3220667 No.3220667 [Reply] [Original]

Well long story short, i bought a Super Famicom this last christmas and i want to get some games for it since they are considereably cheaper than the American versions.

One i always wnted to play was Secret of Mana, i see it goes for less that 10 bucks but my question is, is this game text heavy? could i be ablke to finish it without knowing Japanese? besides the names of the characters and story of course, are there any puzzles or something that willr equire understanding the story?

Also, why the hell is the japanese version of Super Piunch Out so rare? ive been trying to find it for at least a month but havnt seen one yet, was the name different than the American version or what? if anyone could find me an ebay link to it i would really appreciated, thanks.

>> No.3220685

it has alot of text anon, all RPGs are.

>> No.3220690

>>3220685
i know it has a lot of text, wghat i need to know is if it is required to understand the text, to actually make progress.

Zelda LttP i beat it as a kid without understaning anything, im not a native English speaker by the way.

>> No.3220749

>>3220690
You should just learn Japanese, it will be better for you.
And buy a piracy device instead of games.

>> No.3221142

if youre tryin to play rpgs, just get the flashcart
U will never learn japanese.
But fuck rpgs
Get starfox and yoshis island