[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 67 KB, 275x390, ToeJam_&_Earl.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3157281 No.3157281 [Reply] [Original]

Is this the most enjoyable retro game? Random World provides essentially infinite replay value, gameplay is refreshingly varied thanks to the presents, visuals are stylish and zany, and the co-op mode is great (though Earl is worse than Toejam because his speed makes him vulnerable to combos).

Also, what do you think of the kickstarter remake?

>> No.3157293

Eh, it's fun to play co-op but I think there are many other games that are more enjoyable.

I wish they'd walk a bit faster.

>> No.3157625

I prefer the sequel, people seem to really hate it because it changed genres, but even better soundtrack, gorgeous visuals and entertaining minigames just stick with me, it just feels like genuinely good natured game.

>> No.3157648
File: 29 KB, 256x363, 256px-Toejamcover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anyone see the game on Xbox that turned them both super trashy ghetto with black voice actors?

>> No.3157665

>>3157648
good game actually

>> No.3157683

to say that there's a 'most enjoyable' retro game is pretty inaccurate. I can concur though that TJ&E is pretty great. It might be one of THE most retro retro games too, there aren't many more that come to mind which so thoroughly embody a bygone pop culture era.