Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

If you can see this message, the SSL certificate expiration has been fixed.
Become a Patron!

/vr/ - Retro Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 1.14 MB, 6144x3584, Koryu.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3098615 No.3098615 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

how good are you at fighting games

>> No.3098621

>>3098615
I can 1cc King of Fighters '94

>> No.3098625

>>3098615
I consider myself decent.

But then again i got btfo by a 11-13 year old girl in an arcade once. The giggling from her and her friend stung like a motherfucker.

>> No.3098627

>>3098615
street fighter alpha 2 I can play all the way no losses on max.
with Katana

>> No.3098629

I like me against /vr/ when it comes 3rd Strike and I think I'm top 5 in SF2 Super Turbo.

SNK stuff I always put off learning since no one plays and SFV is out now and it's leaps and bounds better than 4 so I'm happy I can play with the current SF playerbase.

>> No.3098631
File: 56 KB, 500x283, me9Bdnv.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3098631

>>3098629

Obviously I'm not winning any real tournaments in either game, before an anon wants to say I think I'm da bess.

>> No.3098652

>>3098615
Nice community you got there op.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsJfLKtGlfw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3UHJ09S88s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msGTk61pIlU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsMoGBsjhEw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WFDSy341XY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eku7Grt5XMA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oR0IapLAjM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY_4WlYX3DU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf8f5qy7zQU

>inb4 cherry picking
Over 5h of material nigga

>> No.3099873

>>3098625
>btfo by a 11-13 year old girl
Imagine how bad you'd fell if she was younger than you.

>> No.3099903
File: 17 KB, 640x448, Justice_League_Task_Force_20_(SMD).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3099903

>>3098615
Quite good. Top 10% in the online of my one of choice. I wouldn't win big tournaments, but have held my own against some who have.

>> No.3099912
File: 297 KB, 1280x1024, sfa25wysn9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3099912

>>3098627

I can do the survival mode on SFA2 with Akuma, it gets tough around stage 15 or so and if you lose you have to start over.

>> No.3099953

>>3099873
She was. I was 19 at the time.

>> No.3099962

>>3098615
>koryu
Love that hack, what's the one where chun li can throw fireballs from her lightining kick spam?

>> No.3099971

>>3099873
kek'd

>> No.3099974

>>3098652
That's why I don't play humans. CPU crew represent.

>> No.3099995

>>3099953
>>3099953
Kids can be scary good sometimes, it's weird.

>> No.3100019

Multiplayer games are a soap opera that destroy lives. Single player games are goal oriented and about appreciating the art and design of the game, one day then you've completed it. With multiplayer you're entering a third party and the experience highly depends on them, so it's not purely the game anymore, everything is fluctuating, people get hugely addicted.

>> No.3100027

>>3100019

You're not completely incorrect, but it's nice to play multiplayer with friends.
I think what ruined multiplayer is the online factor. Specifically games like MMOs and such.

>> No.3100032

>>3100019
Yeah and that's why Smash Bros is the greatest fighting game series ever made, because they largely reward single player modes.

>> No.3100039

>>3100027
yep there are tier lists now and no one plays characters outside the top tier
everything is geared and weighted against high level play despite the vast majority of people being shit level players

>> No.3100043

>>3100019
>Multiplayer games are a soap opera that destroy lives.

Maybe if you're a weirdo who gets caught up in e-drama. I just like the competion and find playing fighters single player boring.

Play however you like, but there's only drama if you look for or care about it. I play these games almost every day and deal with no drama at all.

>> No.3100049

>>3100043
Drama is pretty much unavoidable in competitive settings.

>> No.3100054
File: 65 KB, 172x120, Duckking2000.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3100054

>>3099974
My sides are in orbit.

>>3100019
>>3100027
>>3100032
>>3100039
>yep there are tier lists now and no one plays characters outside the top tier

Regular fighter player here. This is categorically untrue. But I now recognize you, so I'll let you just bitch endlessly about multiplayer because you suck too hard to play anyone for real.

Give me five minutes to make popcorn and I'll be back to watch the fun ensue. Your threads are always my favorite. :)

>> No.3100065

>>3100054
Let's try once more, some people have no interest in getting into tourneys but still enjoy fighters with their friends.

Here I'll translate into ebonics for easier comprehesion:
IT JUST VIDYAGAEMS BITCH NIGGERS IT AIN'T REAL LIFE
U NERDS NEED TO BACK THAT ASS OFF AND GO GET LAID
SHOOP DA WOOOOOP

>> No.3100071

>>3100049
No it's really not. Occasionally some guy sends me an angry message or turns on his mic and rages but that's about it. Seriously, I've been playing these games since MK1 and many different fighters over the years. Unless you get into fights on forums with people, there's really no drama at all. Or any that there is is very easily avoided.

Certainly in over 20 years of being a fighting game fan I've never had any problems.

>> No.3100074

>>3100071
That's because you been playing an online replication of the real thing full of input lag and server rerolls, you haven't played the real game.

>> No.3100075

>>3100054
>But I now recognize you,
I did only one of those posts, I'm sure each of the posts is a separate person.

You get what a drama-whore you are now? Trying to create drama on an anonymous message board and pretending to laugh about it? (or worse actually laughing about it), how ridiculous.

>> No.3100080

>>3100065
>Let's try once more, some people have no interest in getting into tourneys but still enjoy fighters with their friends.

Not him, but we're awesome with and totally support those people! That fighters are fun with friends who are inexperienced or ones who are very good. So long as both people are close they're always fun. That's one of the things that makes these games so awesome.

Ignore the troll.

>> No.3100082

>>3100074
>server rollbacks
Fixed, I'm a retard.

>> No.3100083

>>3100054

Why did you reply to me? I didn't bitch about multiplayer, I said that online ruined multiplayer, to some degree.
I don't actually hate online MP, it's nice to be able to play a friend at a distance, or some random person from another country, but stuff like MMO do cause addiction. I wasn't really talking about fighting games though, though the whole "win/lose ratio" can cause some addiction issues I guess.

>> No.3100085

>>3100074
>you haven't played the real game.

You assume things you don't know. I have and do play people in person. There's still no real drama.

>> No.3100092

I think it's unbelievable how autistic the fighting community, not so much for sticking with tradition 1 plane combat but rather the fact they pretty much don't give a shit about anything, not the music, not if the game is fun, not if it looks nice, and pretty much only going with street fighter. You would think these people would at least show some sportmanship but instead you have things like this >>3098652

>> No.3100095

>>3100092
>not so much for sticking with tradition 1 plane combat

That's why Garou Densetsu/Fatal Fury is the best (read: not Garou MOTW)

>> No.3100437

>>3099953
Did you put it in her pooper afterward

>> No.3100562

>>3100092
This.

They don't really seem to care about it and it just seems to be a way to satisfy their competitiveness. It's fun to get good at a fighting game, but there's not much point unless you have some actual passion for the game/series in the first place.

>> No.3100584

>>3098615
I don't play fighting games they do nothing for me.

>> No.3100603

>>3098652
And this is why i don't bother. The community is toxic and child like. I'm not going to waste my time with such angry vile shitty people.

I hate the gaming community in general. Most have forgotten to enjoy things and have fun.

Btw the way smash is a party game get over yourselves for being good at a child's game.

This is a good example of NOT to act like. I lost friends over this because they acted like trash and i dropped them like a bad habit. If you can't control you're autism and scream at the top of you're lungs get the fuck away from me.

>> No.3100610

>>3100603

That post was painful to read. Improve that grammar.

>> No.3100614

>>3098652
This is almost every online community for any game ever though

>> No.3100615

>>3100603
>Btw the way smash is a party game get over yourselves for being good at a child's game.

This. I was glad Sakurai sabotaged the competitive scene in Brawl. Imagine all the painstaking effort it took to make Melee, and then seeing your creation used as an excuse to be a piece of shit to others. Creating an entire community of shitty people. Must be soul-crushing.

>> No.3100620

>>3100610
You're painful to read go to /b/

>> No.3100627

>>3100620

Go back to school, inbred mistake.

>> No.3100630

>>3100627
Go back to /b/ troll.

>> No.3100651

>>3100019
>being this mad that you can't into competition

Dissecting the mind of another human being to find and exploit their weaknesses is infinitely more deep and engaging a challenge than any computer could possibly provide.

You're right that they're different, and you're right about what makes single player games great, but if you can't understand what makes multiplayer games great (despite not enjoying them yourself) and seriously have come to the conclusion that they are simply "soap operas that destroy lives", I'm convinced you have some form of autism.

>> No.3100657

>>3100019
This. I'll take single over muti any day of the week.

>> No.3100660 [DELETED] 

>>3100615
>D-don't play my game how I don't want you to! I m-made it!
You dumb kike. Maybe he should have put a Playstyle Clause in his terms of service like a normal developer.

>> No.3100661

>>3100651
He's pretty obviously right.

You can give all the excuses you want but the outcome is always the same. It's the same with every single multiplayer "community".

>> No.3100664

>>3100660
>kike
>>>/pol/

>> No.3100667

>>3100651
>competition
it's killing video games please take it and go far far away from humans.

>> No.3100946

>>3100657
>>3100661
>>3100667
>being bad
I know you're just too salty for losing but you could've spent the time to improve yourself instead of crying like a baby.

>> No.3101004

Unless you're really mentally retarded and can't play games decently, you'll always come out 50:50 in online multiplayer games anyways.

There's no point in playing multiplayer when you can't always win.

>> No.3101119

If I learned how to do Ukemis and counters in Tekken I'd probably be elite. I know my main's entire move list and have been playing Tekken since I was a kid, just could never get into ukemis and counters.

>> No.3101183

>>3100437
Anon that's illegally lewd. And she looked pure.

>>3099995
She was fucking good. She caught me in a insta death combo by the second round.

>> No.3101251

>>3101183
>illegally lewd
>She was fucking good
anon...

>> No.3101271

I love fighting games but suck at them and never ever play online.
Single player and playing a couple of friends in local is enough for me.

>> No.3101286
File: 1.49 MB, 6144x3584, missed attack.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3101286

>>3101271

>> No.3101297
File: 1.31 MB, 6144x3584, canada.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3101297

it's Canada

>> No.3101328

>>3100946
>Not having fun
Take it and go far far away i beg of you. Please consider mass suicide for you're whole community of toxic filled 12 year old autism man baby's.

You're ruining gaming and you're cancer is spread all over. You have no idea what video games are about and their not sports of any kind.

I want nothing to do with you're trash. Enjoy supporting 1000000000 versions of street fighter you fucking shill.

>> No.3101356

>>3101328
>git gud
>win
>fun
I don't know why it seems so hard for you to understand, but I guess you like it down there sucking my dick.

also
>you're

>> No.3101367

>>3101356
You're trash cancer. Please kill yourself. You know NOTHING about video games and i wish you would die off so video games are good again.

You're not normal. Want to play sports? go outside you cunt. At least move your trash here >>>/v/

>> No.3101386
File: 5 KB, 225x225, 1440894962317.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3101386

>>3101328
>i
>you are
>toxic filled
>baby is
>their
>not a sport

Lurk moar fagtron

>> No.3101409

>>3101386
Fuck off I'm right cunt LEAVE!
>>>/v/
>>>/b/

>> No.3101415

>>3101409
Lol your an idiot, it's not you're

>> No.3101419

>>3101415
You're trash get out NOW!
>>>/b/
>>>/v/

>> No.3101437
File: 451 KB, 4040x626, 1434027391478.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3101437

>>3101419
You're really not. Look up the definition, if you're so positive.

Oh, and you're not a fucking moderator, lose the attitude. You are the reason why 4chan is shit. You're chasing away anyone that actually cares about the content, and replacing them with disingenuous blowhards like yourself.

go away

>> No.3101475

>>3101437
Fighting trash is shit and you're shitting up good games die.

>> No.3101498
File: 83 KB, 262x303, 1434787266661.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3101498

>>3101475
Prove it. Give me objective reasons as to why fighting games are bad.

You can't. Stay mad.

>> No.3101568

KOF or SF?

>> No.3101570

>>3101568
Pokemon.

>> No.3101576

>>3101570
Hitmonchan or hitmonlee?

>> No.3101579

>>3101498
They reward dexterity over knowledge and skill.

>> No.3101597

>>3101579
Guess who's full of shit?

It's you.

>> No.3101601
File: 609 KB, 769x940, image.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3101601

Not very, but I still have fun!!

>> No.3101602

>>3101597
They kinda do put a lot of emphasis on execution, don't they?

>> No.3101607

>>3101601
Main nigger.

>> No.3101650

>>3098615
I always thought they were boring, but after playing a lot of shitty fps, seeing that rts are death and that retro games aren't multiplayer, i realized that fighting games are the purest form of a "competitive" game (the lvl of competitive meta isn't that cancer if you compare it with the most games) so i started playing them "seriously" 2-3 weeks ago. In the beginning just the SF series, learning de basics with the Champion Edition and Turbo, some time later for the sake of variety i tried all the snk fighters and now i am deeply in love with samurai shodown, last blade and garou. Now i feel just so stupid for never playing a neo geo game or SF now i really regret always spending my coins on 1942 and 1943 at the arcade. But well for now i am pretty bad and lately i am not practicing a lot because i am building my own neo geo mvs.

>> No.3101793
File: 24 KB, 86x143, last blade 2 Juzoh-sprite1.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3101793

>>3101650
I'm glad you're enjoying them! I think fighting games really are of the best genres ever. They're also one of the ones that has survived the least changed over the years. In my personal opinion because they're so good they don't really need to. Some people complain that Street Fighter V looks like just another updated version of 2. But I think that's what's fantastic about it.

Samsho, Last Blad and Gaou are all great games too. I usually tend more towards KoF because of the roster sizes, but Last Blade is truly sublime.

Also, now that you're into it a big part of the fun in fighters is that there's always someone better than you out there. So there's always reason to improve and try to beat them. But even when you're losing more than you're winning, if you keep trying then you're always learning.

Fighters are at their peak when you're playing with someone who's just a little better than you. Not so good that you're always being bodied, but good enough it forces you to rethink how you're playing and figure out how to get better.

>> No.3101809

>>3098615
>>How good are you at fighting games?

I can beat Killer Instinct with Sabrewulf on the hardest difficulty with killer+ultra combos while sometimes using a humiliation or one of both danger moves. On the other hand, I can't beat Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo arcade version and I never got far in Mortal Kombat 2. Fatal Fury Special is an easy game for me on the SNES or SCD but the Neo Geo version kicks my ass at the first battle (especially versus Andy).

>> No.3102830
File: 45 KB, 500x375, 1434683522143-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3102830

>>3101579
Dexterity is a combination of knowledge and skill, no?

Do you not have to be knowledgeable to know how to properly use moves in certain situations, and have the skill to execute them in a timely manner? Is that not dexterity?

>> No.3102983

>>3101498
See this child >>3098652
Fucking man baby's. Pig disgusting thank you for killing video games cancer.

>> No.3102986

>>3102830
Dexterity is the ability to move your hands how you please.

>> No.3103017

>>3102986
It's literally a glorified thumb-war.

>> No.3103027

Not big on them. Virtual-On Cyber Troopers is still my favorite

>> No.3103083
File: 376 KB, 1024x1024, 1449023124544.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3103083

>>3102983
>look at this unimportant bullshit which has no bearing on your life

No, I couldn't care less about your high-school drama.
>thank you for killing video games

You're welcome, you delusional ignoramus.

>>3102986
So, that wasn't a contradiction. If anything, you're agreeing with me.

>>3103017
And yet, people hold events for thumb war competitions, almost like it's a sport. See what I'm shooting for here?

>> No.3103152 [DELETED] 

Fighting games attract too many blacks.

>> No.3103153

I Only ever really got into primal Rage and eternal campions but I am pretty good at them

I used to play time killers too

>> No.3103180 [DELETED] 

>>3103083
>delusional
See >>3098652
Anybody who enjoys/acts this way needs to be shot in the fucking shot in the head for being a retarded cunt it's killing video games. Fighting games turn humans into fucking ape shit niggers. I would not filthy my hands with such trash. Please take it off this planet it's not needed or wanted. E sports? really? so you failed at life now you're clinging to this? thank you for giving me another batch of trash shit tier games because you monkey man baby's can't fucking kill yourselves.

>> No.3103189

>>3103083
See >>3098652
Anybody who enjoys/acts this way needs to be shot in the fucking head for being a retarded cunt it's killing video games. Fighting games turn humans into fucking ape shit niggers. I would not filthy my hands with such trash. Please take it off this planet it's not needed or wanted. E sports? really? so you failed at life now you're clinging to this? thank you for giving me another batch of trash shit tier games because you monkey man baby's can't fucking kill yourselves.

>> No.3103201

>>3101602
its intentional. you cant have zangief doing 1 button command grabs. too broken.

>> No.3103216

>>3103153
My man! Time killers with the chainsaw guy was my go-to in the arcade.

>> No.3103246

made guys break the snes controller in half, so pretty good I guess.

>> No.3103409
File: 279 KB, 500x400, 1421882515094.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3103409

>>3103189
Nigger can't you fucking read? I don't participate in the fighting game scene, so that argument is entirely irrelevant. Fighting games are arguably the best multiplayer experiences on retro consoles, considering the level of depth available not seen in run-n-guns or puzzle titles.

So, let's break down your comment to see where your derision lies:

>[I'm of the opinion that] Anybody who enjoys/acts [in excitement in response to playing well] needs to [stop liking what I don't like]] it's [giving] video games [a bad image, in my opinion].

So, you hate people that are good at these games because you see them as a bunch of shouting chimps. That is totally logical and not completely contrived in any way.

>Fighting games turn humans into [overexcited sperglords]. [I don't like fighting games (we know.)[ Please take it off this planet [as I don't want to learn how to play, and it makes me jealous to see people better than I am at video games].

Your bias is showing

>E sports? really? so you [live normally, and yet] now you're clinging to this? thank you for giving me another batch of trash shit tier games [in my opinion] because you [generic insult] can't [appease my selfish nature]

So, you aren't willing to memorize a bunch of button inputs. That's fine, nobody's forcing you to.

Nice refutation, really got me there with all those objective and logical arguments.

Have you ever tried not being a dick for no reason? It makes you a much more likeable person.

>> No.3103617

>>3103409
not him but this post made me horny.

>> No.3104164

Anti-Fighting games guy is one of my favorite posters. My popcorn went a little stale waiting, but when he did finally come back and go into full retard mode it never fails to entertain.

I've hardly ever seen anyone so angry over anything the way he is over fighters and their players. He screams and yells, call manbaby and faggot at everyone. Comedy gold every single time.

>> No.3104179

>>3100615
You sound salty. Did someone style on you in Melee and you've never gotten over it?

>> No.3104187

>>3100664
>>>/tumblr/

>> No.3104191

>>3104164
I just wanna play against the CPU, mang. Just let me have that.

>> No.3104298

>>3104191
>play against the CPU
well if you like kicking babies, have at it

>> No.3104367

>>3104191
No one gives you shit for wanting to play the CPU, dude.

We give you shit when you go off like a crazy person at people who play them vs other people. You really do say some of the most hilarious shit.

>> No.3104380

>>3104164
you sure he is just one guy?

>> No.3104391

>>3098652
>Over 5h of material nigga
out of how many thousands of hours of people playing fighting games?

>> No.3104409
File: 256 KB, 500x375, Mortal_c69119_1775807.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3104409

>>3104380
Ohh there are a few, and some copycats as well. But there's one guy in particular who says many of the same phrases over and over, thread after thread.

>>3100603
>The community is toxic and child like. I'm not going to waste my time with such angry vile shitty people.
>I hate the gaming community in general

>>3100615
>seeing your creation used as an excuse to be a piece of shit to others. Creating an entire community of shitty people. Must be soul-crushing.

>>3100667
>it's killing video games please take it and go far far away from humans.

>>3101328
>Please consider mass suicide for you're whole community of toxic filled 12 year old autism man baby's.

>>3101367
>You're trash cancer. Please kill yourself. You know NOTHING about video games and i wish you would die off so video games are good again.

>>3102983
>Fucking man baby's. Pig disgusting thank you for killing video games cancer.

>>3103189
>Fighting games turn humans into fucking ape shit niggers. I would not filthy my hands with such trash. Please take it off this planet it's not needed or wanted.

Whether it's one or a few guys I guess doesn't really matter in the end. The reaction is always the same, he descends into fits of frothy rage every time they come up. And it's never not funny to read.

>> No.3104416

>>3098652
When they said videogames cause violent and aggressive behavior, they were full of shit, and were proven wrong on multiple occasions in a consistent manner.

Now, COMPETITIVE videogames. If research was done on that, then we'd have an actual link between the two.

>> No.3104417

>>3104298
Artificial babbies.

>> No.3104421

>>3104367
Not true, you people have a tendency to chase scrubs off the thread.

>> No.3104497

>>3104421
chalk it up to the 4chan effect(anonymity tends to encourage assholishness)

>> No.3104510

>>3104421
Not people who just say they want to play single player. Show me anyone trying to chase of a "scrub" only because they want to play single player. It's when guys like that start shitting on vs play that they get told.

>> No.3104518

>>3104510
I would post some archived threads of you shitting on people who play single player but w/e I don't care. It's not like that's gonna convince you anyway.

>> No.3104602

>>3098652
That's still cherrypicking, bro. Work on your logic.

>> No.3105492

>>3104518
>you

He's anonymous. Go away if you care so much, nobody'd judge you for it.

>> No.3105498

>>3104191
Yeah go ahead and keep playing against CPU. I'd also like to stay on elementary school since that way I can feel great about myself.

>> No.3105508

>>3105498
Training wheels before the hill, anon.

>> No.3105561

>>3105508
>implying he'll ever brave the hill

>> No.3105590
File: 201 KB, 1920x1080, wwmaxresdefault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3105590

>>3104518
I would just like to say that I'm probably one of the most active fighter players on this board, and I try to be friendly and positive about anyone into these games. But maybe because this is 4chan, positive posts often get ignored >>3101793 >>3099903 in favour of feeding the trolling posters.

It sucks and I don't know what to do about it, but I try to be pretty cool with everyone. And in general that's my experience with the community. There are always a few bad apples, but there are more decent folk who just want to play. And if you focus on the game itself the shitty people don't matter.

>> No.3105604

im shit because i like doing cool looking combos more than mindgames

>> No.3105772

>>3105590
>not "offending" the babies
>must be a troll
no, you're the problem with the community. it's exactly because of people like you that those whiners feel entitled to lose and call fighting games bad. I hate apologists in every form god they destroys everything by allowing substandard crap in. get good or get rekt, is that simple. can't even understand that? fuck off.

>> No.3105817
File: 431 KB, 786x1000, wonderpunch.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3105817

>>3105772
Who cares if a whiner calls the genre bad though? They're not part of the community, other than posts on forums they don't affect anything.

The way I look at it, the more positive you are that will draw people in. If they like the games then they'll stay and if they don't they'll move onto whatever else they prefer.

The really great thing about fighters is that no matter what level you are they can be fun. And they're popular enough these days that it's not too hard to find level competition. You can strive to get better every day and you can still bet there will be someone out there who can give you a run for your money. Or you can boot them up once a week with your friends, or casually find people online and still have a blast.

>> No.3105913

I'm great at MvC that is all.

>> No.3106125
File: 1.75 MB, 6144x3584, koryu 2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3106125

>> No.3106127
File: 379 KB, 1671x809, 537735735.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3106127

>>3098615

>> No.3106154
File: 1.22 MB, 6144x3584, ass.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3106154

>>3098631

>> No.3106181

>>3104602
And you are still retarded bro.
Work on your logic.

>> No.3106183

>>3104391
Oh there is so much more just use google.

>> No.3106190

>I can do shoryukens easily
>I can do 1f links without plinking
>I can beat lupe fiasco in street fighter

>> No.3106197

>>3106127
Wow, snes is so bad they painted sub zero yellow.

>> No.3106206

>>3105561
Nigger I'm gonna shit all of your threads until the end. Enjoy.

>> No.3106209

>>3105492
I'm not going away I'M CRASHING THIS PLANE WITH NO SURVIVORS

>> No.3106214

>>3100603
>I'm not going to waste my time with such angry vile shitty people.

but you post on 4chan.

>> No.3106224

In case you didn't notice, the people who are riling scrubs up don't even play fighting games, they just want to shitpost.

>> No.3106239

>>3106224
I wish I could go back in time and be 17 again.

>> No.3106294

I'm basically st era daigo

>> No.3106721
File: 2 KB, 48x97, Joe-moon1.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3106721

>>3106224
Whaaaaat? You mean the guy that talks like a complete retard and shitposts constantly doesn't actually know anything about fighters? That's a shocking claim!

>>3105772
>I hate apologists in every form god they destroys everything by allowing substandard crap in.
>every form god

lol

>> No.3106786
File: 664 KB, 1200x1600, tizok-k3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3106786

I like Garou and SF.

I never really played fighting games when I was younger (although I owned SF2T, MK3 and... others for the SNES), it took until the release of SF4 for me to get into them, after I befriended a really passionate fighting game player at work.

I really like them now, although I only make a serious attempt to get into one or two at any particular time.

Never give into hardship, lads.

>> No.3106815

>>3098615
not as good as I'd like, I get bopped in KOF98 on fightcade
I can beat most of my friends pretty well, but that's not saying much.

Shit's fun though. Getting better is fun, seeing your friends try to get better in response is pretty cool.

>>3104409
it's pretty hilarious
he's pretty much the kind of shitty person he claims to hate

>> No.3106827
File: 127 KB, 1320x1020, weaponlord-jen_tai_by_busasami.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3106827

Am I crazy in thinking that Weapon Lord is an actual good fighting game with in depth mechanics and not broken when playing against another human?

>> No.3106831

>>3098615
I just spam LK

>> No.3106839

>>3106827
Nope. It's a legit good game.

>> No.3106874
File: 75 KB, 345x1096, faust.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3106874

I only like the guilty gear games, even though I'm bad at them. Not retro though.

>> No.3106894

>>3106874
Pretty sure the Missing Link at least counts as /vr/

>> No.3106914

>>3106874
It's on Dreamcast and PS1, of course it is retro.

>> No.3107679

>>3104409
Can we call him "ted?"

>> No.3107831

>>3105561
And what's wrong with that? You're allowed to laugh at fully grown men riding a bike with training wheels in public.

>>3105604
Naw anon, the mindgames lead to the flashy combos. That's what makes them so satisfying.

But you wouldn't know that.

>>3105772
>no, YOU'RE the problem!

That was so effective in making him realise how his posting is affecting you oh wait

Consider supporting your ideas instead of stating your opinion and shitflinging anyone that disagrees. It's like you know you're wrong and you're not willing to admit it.

>>3106209
Yeah, people like you are the reason why so many of us hate having productive conversations on here, you get all upset that you can't add to the dialogue, so you throw in your malformed opinion and hoist it as fact regardless of any criticism it catches.

>> No.3107947

>>3107831
You are the problem fighting games are shit and cancer of video games you just can't admit it. winning or losing has nothing to do with it. If i wanted to hang out with man baby's
with autistic loud faggots screaming I WIN YOU ARE SHIITTTT HAHA YOU LOSE QUIT YOU PIECE OF SHIT i would hang out with children.

Fuck off you're games are the most disgusting vile trashy nigger loving garbage and i pray to god it dies out. I would drop you're faggot asses in a instant.

>> No.3108101 [DELETED] 
File: 239 KB, 1855x815, 23554.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3108101

>>3104409

>> No.3111510
File: 56 KB, 400x400, meltyblood.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3111510

>> No.3111548

>>3107947
>You are the problem fighting games are shit and cancer of video games you just can't admit it.

Because it's not true. Your only justification is these people getting excited (and looking ridiculous, to you, mainly because you don't get it). If that's your problem, play with people that won't do that (better yet, go play a different genre entirely and leave the competitive scene alone).

>winning or losing has nothing to do with it.

You see, that's the problem problem; these are competitive games.

>If i wanted to hang out with man baby's
with autistic loud faggots screaming I WIN YOU ARE SHIITTTT HAHA YOU LOSE QUIT YOU PIECE OF SHIT i would hang out with children.

That was a very well thought out strawman, I'm sure you thought it would be very convincing. If that's the case, don't play with manchildren.

>Fuck off you're games are the most disgusting vile trashy nigger loving garbage and i pray to god it dies out. I would drop you're faggot asses in a instant.

Can you not explain why you dislike fighting games? Or is the competitive scene your only reason?

>> No.3111986

>>3107831
It's Autismo!

>> No.3112290

>>3111548
>mainly because you don't get it).
Not him but that's not it at all. No other competitive videogame scene is anything like this. If there were any criticism that could be made of normal scenes it's that sometimes they seem to be a little on the nerdy side, well behaved and respectable people. That's how normal high performing individuals behave and react, that's how real sports people act. Fighting game winners act more like professional wrestlers... which is fitting because they're about as fake.

>> No.3112296

You two are still arguing? Top kek.

>> No.3112303

>>3111510
Not retro.

>> No.3113985

>>3111986
No, it's anonymous, you fucking retard! Kill yourself!

>>3112290
>No other competitive videogame scene is anything like this.

I disagree. Or are you referring to the hostile nature of it? Because there's hostility in other groups as well.

All competitive games have people that take the game way too seriously. That isn't even a criticism on the game, it's a criticism on competitions.

>> No.3114273

i like them but im trash at them

>> No.3114281

>>3113985
>I disagree. Or are you referring to the hostile nature of it? Because there's hostility in other groups as well.
not him, but I do see where he comes from. hostility is one thing, but active dissing and shittalking on stage and on camera (and from what I see from one of those vids is actually encouraged) is one thing fighting games stand out. I mean, compare that to MtG or FPS tourneys. while they do have freakouts it's not as widespread and they at least still have some sportsmanship.

>> No.3114289

>>3106827

it's a great game.
and pic related is my waifu.

>> No.3114324

>>3114281
>active dissing and shittalking on stage and on camera is one thing that makes fighting games stand out (and appears to be encouraged)

But, that's the nature of competitions. Like, all of them. Online or off.

>while they do have freakouts it's not as widespread and they at least have some sportmanship

Competitions. Human beings will be deplorable dickheads when it comes to being competitive, simply because of the nature of competitions. "I'm better than you, neener-neener".

>> No.3114336

>>3114324
>this is the mindset of a fighting game player
that explains everything.

>that's the nature of competitions
no, it isn't. look up "sportsmanship"

>> No.3114346

>>3114336
Aw, is "sportmanship" all you have? Because there's fighting game players with that, too. Cherrypicked argument is cherrypicked. Good day to you.

>> No.3114348

>>3114346
way to miss the point of my original post >>3114281
I'm not saying there isn't but it's just more prevalent and as I said that behaviour is even encouraged.

>> No.3114353

>>3114348
Yes, as is the case with competitions in general. Way to miss the point of my post.

Assholes will be assholes. You're criticizing the people that play them (which is a generalization anyway), not the game itself.

>> No.3114360

>>3114353
>Yes, as is the case with competitions in general.
no it isn't. you don't expect football commentators to rile up the players to talk shit to each other. which is not the case with this one. heck even boxing (which is the most antagonistic form of competition) players are encouraged to shake hands before and after matches.

>> No.3114364

>>3114360
I'm sorry, you must have missed it.

Assholes will be assholes. Regardless of the sport they're playing.

You're acting like anyone that plays a certain genre has to act a certain way. Hopefully you understand how that's not true..

>> No.3114368

>>3114364
>You're acting like anyone that plays a certain genre has to act a certain way.
civilized people should act civilized.

>> No.3114372

>>3114368
Assholes will be assholes.

Go on, thrash around some more. It's fun.

>> No.3114374

>>3114372
and you just proved that fighting game players do encourage bad behaviour in general. good day to you.

>> No.3114379

>>3114374
No, I'm just an asshole. Nice try though.

>> No.3114460
File: 172 KB, 301x480, Diana_of_Themyscira_(Injustice_The_Regime)_002.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3114460

>>3113985
>All competitive games have people that take the game way too seriously.

Even non-competitive games have people that take them way too seriously. Not even just games either, click on any of the board links here and you will find people who take things you barely care about incredibly seriously.

There are people on /ck/ who will get legitimately angry if you cook your steak a different way from them. There are people on /mu/ who will take your personal taste in music as proof of what kind of person you are.

>>3114281
I've been into these games almost as long as they've been around and honestly, the bits of I watched of those videos are really in the extreme. I've never personally met anyone who acted out anywhere near that much. I have run into some real assholes, but in general they're easy to avoid. Online you can just block them, and in person is even easier because you just tell them to sod off.

The thing about local tournaments and even the big ones from what I've seen is that even though people are there because they want to win, the real reason is always fun. Everyone when it really comes down to it just wants to have good matches.

Honestly, as someone who plays these games very regularly I see far more drama about fighting games in these threads than I ever experience in real life. I play the game for the fun of the game and if someone acts like an angry asshole about it, I just laugh it off and play with someone else.

>> No.3114486

Fucking terrible. Cannot play them to save my life. At all. I get my ass handed to me by absolutely anybody whenever I try to play them.

Luckily, you can be gud at one genre whilst being shit at another.

>> No.3114493

>>3100083
>comparing MMOs to fighting games
MMOs cause addiction because of linear reward to time ratio systems and sunk cost fallacy. They're literally designed to make their players addicted, because if you're addicted you'll keep playing and therefore keep paying a sub cost.

Other online multiplayer games don't suffer from this problem, because they don't have a required subscription to play.

Holy fuck you are a literal retard, m8.

>> No.3114815

I played One Must Fall 2097, and I would do it again, I love that game. About the only fighting game I can "comprehend". I tried to touch DOA2 a few times, but it's ridiculously overwhelming. Had Primal Rage on PC back in the days, but it doesn't work with a cheap keyboard. Brutal was fun, though I only had the demo.
So, yeah, OMF2097, and that's about it.

>> No.3114835

>>3114815
>About the only fighting game I can "comprehend".

Not retro, but if you're ever interested, check out Dive Kick. It's basically a super minimalist fighter. Distilled down to just a couple of mechanics, but still strangely fun and it's a good introduction them because of that.

>> No.3115081
File: 15 KB, 600x500, Fighting games aren't fun unless you play with friends.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3115081

I never get good because I don't have the patience for training mode.

I still enjoy them for a time, but mostly just the "novelty of exploring a new game" phase. I'm sure if my friends enjoyed fighting games more then I'd be better at them. Fortunately (or unfortunately) the only fighting game franchise my friends enjoy is Super Smash Bros so that's the only one I'm good at.

>> No.3115084

>>3115081
Pic sums up my feelings perfectly, I'm even saving it.

>> No.3115097

I'm half decent in MvC2, I suck ass in anything else.

And it's kinda weird because I fare better in modern fightans.

>> No.3115109

>>3115081
From my experience, unless you're playing something incredibly niche there's enough different skill levels online that it's always possible to find someone close to you. But I really like these games, so to me its worth looking for that.

>> No.3115116

>>3115109
I should note though that "incredibly niche" actually covers pretty much every retro fighter. Anyone still playing Super Turbo or older KoFs online is probably really, really good because that's all they play and have been doing so for many years.

>> No.3115632

>>3106127
played MK9 for a few weeks and thought they was the best specially after the horrendous performance of MK10 but after picking up tekken 5 or street fighter i quickly forget about mortal kombat and its edgyness
mortal kombat is kinda like an old metalhead trying to convince you of how hardcore he is

>> No.3115637

>>3115116
this is true
getting into the older KoF and street fighter is such a pain, but i accept defeat over and over while slowly improving and from time to time i have the rare opportunity of fighting somebody on my skill level

>> No.3115648
File: 3 KB, 222x194, BASE WARS.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3115648

>>3098615
I'd say I'm pretty good at Cyberbots, OMF2097, Basewars, maybe XmenCOTA and Virtua Fighter.

>> No.3116946

>>3115637
>i accept defeat over and over while slowly improving

It may not be the most fun at the start, but this is actually the fastest way to "git gud" as the kids say. Playing people on your level is fun because you get some nice back and forth going. But you don't improve very quickly that way because you're not being pushed.

However, when you fight someone better it forces you to more quickly try to figure out what they're doing so differently from you. And retro fighters are better for that than modern ones which are usually much more combo based.

>> No.3117036
File: 118 KB, 322x340, 1456591197977.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3117036

>>3098615
Better than most of my IRL friends
Pretty fuckin terrible online
Life is hard

>> No.3117075

>>3117036
You're probably not as terrible as you think you are unless your friends are real gutter trash. If you keep it up and keep trying to see how you're getting bodied, you might be surprised how quickly you start to improve.

>> No.3119025

>>3117075
online is literally the worst part of fighting games
it would be nice if they thought of some system to separate the assholes that have been playing for 20 years from the newbies that want to have some fun.

>> No.3119037

>>3119025
the grade system kind of does but there is NO way you can filter people effectively

>> No.3119481

>>3119025
Virtually every fighter has some sort of system like that. There's also always the possibility of finding someone else to play with and setting up a match like that. You don't always have to do random.

But again like I say, fighting those really good guys will make you improve faster. It depends on what you want out of the genre. if you just want to kind of goof around and fight people for fun, you can find those people and have fun.

If you want to keep trying to improve and get as good as you can then just jump into the deep end and get fighting. I'm a little biased since this is one of my favorite genres, and I like strong competition. But I really don't think online is bad.

And as you do either of these things you will build up a friend list of opponents you've had good matches with and you can look for them first. Remember that in general the guy who's been playing for 20 years also finds it boring if he gets stuck with you too much.

Also, it's super easy to avoid people actually being assholes as well. Leave your mic off or mute voice chat. If the guy on the other end is an asshole you never even need to know about it.

>> No.3119498

>>3100603
You don't play games for other people, you play games for yourself. Competition will ALWAYS come hand-in-hand with egos, trash-talking and "salt", no matter if it's FGC or competitive sports. Embrace it. You're a man, fucking act like one and grow a thicker skin. I play Street Fighter because I like improving and beating strong opponents.

>> No.3120028

>>3119481
>Remember that in general the guy who's been playing for 20 years also finds it boring if he gets stuck with you too much.

Bullshit. All those faggots want to do is kick newbies in the face all day.

>> No.3120082

>>3120028
Not him, but have you ever played anything competitive at all? Don't you find them really boring when you're playing with someone who sucks? There's no satisfaction in winning when you know you never had to try in the first place. The satisfaction in winning comes when you thought you would probably lose, but in the end you prevail.

>> No.3120928

>>3120082
>have you ever played anything competitive at all?
Have you?
It's called 'smurfing' and it happens in many, many online games.

>> No.3120938

>>3120928
>It's called 'smurfing'
smurfs call everything smurfing

>> No.3120959

>>3098652
Trash-talking and acting "street" is pretty bullshit and childish, but I won't give them crap for acting mad about losing. Any time you have high focus plus a loss it is easy to have an outburst.

>> No.3123194

do you guys think it would be good to make a Fightcade general thread just to meet up and play not only fighting games but some other genres
>>3120959
people trashtalk sometimes in Fightcade but you can just /ignore
most of the people i met in fightcade as a newcomer are pretty chill and some will even give you tips and try to help you out

>> No.3124172

I am shit. I've been playing a lot of PS2 ones lately and I don't know how to git gud.

>> No.3124454

>>3124172
think about what to do and what to counter instead of mashing
>how to git gud
practice

>> No.3124497

>>3101793
Wise words, friend.

>> No.3124504

>>3098615
There's nothing wrong with playing the CPU.

>> No.3124969

>>3100615

>Hes having fun in a way I dont like, MAKE IT STAHP!!!

Oh, youre one of those people.

>> No.3126473

>>3098631

Man, Street Fighter III NG & 2nd Impact win quotes were great.

>> No.3126483

I'm a pretty competent Tekken player. I go to locals semi regularly in my city.

I'm mediocre at most 2D fighting games though.

>> No.3126484

I don't like vs. Human because I don't play often enough to care about technique.

The fighting game I've had most fun lately? Fatal Fury 1. It's so archaic, that I've come to realize it has more in common with Punch Out than modern competitive fighters. And I love it for it.

You only get to play with three characters, but that's the beauty of it; you play against characters that are obviously not made to be played with, but against them. The're are all gimmicky, weak to different kinds of attack. So it's a matter of observing their individual weaknesses, and play through them.

>> No.3128839
File: 45 KB, 320x240, ranma2.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3128839

>>3126484
>I don't like vs. Human because I don't play often enough to care about technique.

I don't think you necessarily have to care about technique to play human vs human. It all depends who you're fighting. A couple guys just goofing off not playing seriously can have a great time with a fighter.

I'm biased though, I can't stand playing the computer in most of these games. Even though in the end it means there are some I just don't really play anymore.

>> No.3128881

>>3120959
Sure, it would be very petty to criticize people for getting mad. I've seen people in all sorts of games curse and shout to themselves, a girl smashing her keyboard... it's the shit-talking and gesturing, that's what's really lame and juvenile.

Trying to think of an explanation - I wonder if maybe the organizers of some of these competitions are from pro wrestling, or if they're massive fans of it, and they got this hair-brained idea that their competitions should have this sort of thing as well. Though I'm not denying that fighter types exist, I never knew niggers could play videogames at a top level in anything (if you can call anything in fighting games "top level").

>> No.3129034

i can defeat m bison (dictator). im kind of a big deal.

>> No.3129045

>>3098652
i donno what you're trying to point here, this looks fun as hell

>> No.3130186

>>3128881
>>3128881
That extreme stuff does happen, but it's such a minor aspect it hardly matters. I've never seen anyone act even close to as bad as the videos that were posted and I've been playing almost 10 years.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action