[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 91 KB, 640x635, 6662_front[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3085634 No.3085634 [Reply] [Original]

I'm gonna play this for the first time.

Should I kill the Nemesis each time or not?

I heard you get good loot if you kill it.

I didn't last night but I need to start a new file anyway because I wasted too many items just wandering around.

>> No.3085668

>>3085634
It takes a good bit of skill and ammo. On a first run, I recommend against it since you'll just wind up with no ammo and no health. If you feel confident later in the game when you're used to the controls, making ammo, and dodging, go right ahead.

Jill can take 10 punches or 8 running punches from Nemesis before she dies. I'm afraid I lack detailed info on RE3's HP and damage values.

>> No.3085691

Don't try it, specially if you're playing this for the first time. If I'm not mistaken, you can get some items (1 or 2) by defeating him in cutscenes, but they're pretty useless (I think the first item is the upgraded pistol), only the last items are useful.
The reason is not because of bullets (there's plenty), but you'll usually fight him in enclosed spaces, and get hit a lot. This will destroy your herb/spray supplies.

If you follow the plot events clearly, he won't pursue you for long. I believe the longest he pursues you is after the Restaurant/Newspaper, and right before you start the cable car.

>> No.3085745

Dissenting opinion here, you should totally kill him every time. It will put a strain on your resources and give you access to weapons which are kind of fun. The only thing to watch out for is the guns you get from Nemesis can't be used with the specialized ammo from concerting a bunch of Ginpowder to handgun ammo/shells

>> No.3085768

If merc mode is already unlocked, you can unlock weapons for single player mode that have infinite ammo so you can take on nemesis.

>> No.3086114

You can kill Nemesis for free the first two times and get the Eagle parts which makes killing him in other areas extremely easy.

After you see him at the police station for the first time fight him but leave the way you came immediately and run towards the door that requires the lockpick to open. staying in that little area will get nemesis trapped on a corner and you can unload on him with impunity or even knife him if you are feeling cheeky, he will eventually unstick himself and get in but then he will be stuck in that corner now so you can exit it and keep shooting at him until he falls over. Get some space and dodge his charge after he gets up and repeat this.

The second free kill in the police station is after the window, run into the room with the party desk, nemesis will appear as soon as you can't see the door, dodge or shoot his rocket launcher out of his hands (I can't do either consistantly so I just run around this room until he runs out of rockets), once his rocket launcher is gone get him to chase you around the desk and run into marvins office and stay close to the bookshelf, nemesis will get stuck on it and you can once again unload on him or knife him, if he unsticks himself he will move out of the way of the door letting you get out of the office, do a loop around the desk and he will start chasing you and run back into the office, unlike in the other area if nemesis goes down while stuck his getup charge will not get him unstuck and you can keep shooting at him. After this you have both Eagle parts and can do whatever.

The eagle is great for killing nemesis since it fires fast and has a chance (10%ish? seems higher on nemesis) to do a high damage shot that does as much damage as the magnum, but unlike the magnum will not cause nemesis to charge you after he is shot. You also don't need to use all your gun powder on making ice or magnum bullets.

>> No.3086545

The hardest fight against him is actually the first one, in the RPD Precinct, because you can only use your handgun against him (you have a shotgun too but that thing has too slow reload against him).

After that, it gets easier. The most efficient way to kill him is with grenade launcher equipped with Freeze rounds and the best way to have that is to keep mixing single C powder with regular grenades

I don't recommend trying to kill him every time on a first play. If you try, you'll probably give up the first encounter anyway since like I said it's the hardest.

>> No.3086551

>>3086114
Thanks, I tried this but couldn't get it to work well. He's too fast for me.

I just met him at the restaurant and I can't get him to leave me alone. One time I went back through the door where the three dogs were outside the parking lot and came back and he was gone. I died and now when I try that every time the ominous music persists and he shows up and chases me.

>> No.3086564

He doesn't drop anything if you play on easy mode; only hard mode

>> No.3087819

>>3086545
NESfag with his shit opinions once again. If you knew a fraction of what you claim about RE, you would know that handgun is the best weapon against Nemesis.

>> No.3087939

>>3085691
>I believe the longest he pursues you is after the Restaurant/Newspaper, and right before you start the cable car.

It's also crazy how much easier fighting him is after the clock tower. His first form is by far the most dangerous and intimidating because of that grab bullshit.

>> No.3088045

>>3086545
Grenades are really bad against Nemesis' first form (runner). I only recommend using them in the battle on top of the waste disposal, and that is if you don't have the patience to shoot at the valves.

>> No.3088384

Alright I just made it to the clock tower and am playing around with music boxes. About how far am I? I hope it's halfway because I'm running low on save ribbons. I've saved 6 times and have 5 left, so if I'm halfway that should be fine. I'm playing really bad. I get grabbed at almost every hallway.

>> No.3088405

>>3087819
Yup, sounds like Nesfag the most useless of name fags.
Kinda like how sevenleaf is the shittiest tranny tripfag.

>> No.3088461

>>3085634
You only get loot on hard. On easy its worthless. If its your first playthrough there is no chance youll kill him each time.

>> No.3088754

I'm at the park. I had a mandatory Nemesis fight and I don't think freeze rounds do anything. I fired 6 at him and he just kept advancing so I used the magnum and shotgun. I had to play the clocktower twice to get the freeze rounds since I used all the A powder up originally and had to use an old save. It wasn't worth it. Freeze didn't phase him.

>> No.3088840

Wait until you get the magnum, spoilers a bit but make sure you get the free kill on him by HIDING in the diner area and not going in the basement, you can loot his body and get part A of the FUCKAWESOME pistol upgrade for free. The next time I killed him was in the area with the burst water valve using magnum rounds, by then if you've been conservative with mixing ammo you should have JUST enough after that area with Nicholai/Carlos in the pharmacy to craft extra magnum rounds to guarantee Nemesis goes down. If not, just bring the shotty to finish the job and 2 healing items.

I've replayed the game about three times, the only MUST have loot from Nemesis for me I can't live without is that handgun EAGLE upgrade. Literally doubles damage output. I believe his third drop is a First Aid spray kit, but I never use those, I don't remember if they lower rank in RE3 but I refuse to take that chance.

>> No.3088845

>>3088754
I may be remembering wrong but I thought it was acid rounds that were most effective against him. I do know if you are using freeze rounds to aim for the chest though, they slow him down iirc.

I'm partial to the magnum though. Two shots, dodge the charge, two shots, dodge the charge- boring but practical.

>> No.3089000

You guys are fucking ridiculous, freeze round are so OP that, unless you suck at aiming, you can just stand, spam, and Nemesis will go down before even reaching to you. You don't even need to move. On Hard mode. And you say the handgun is better than THAT?!

As for not knowing what i'm talking about, I've beat the game more than a hundreds times, and even did a knife only run. Go try killing Nemesis knife-only at the mandatory clock tower fight, then we'll talk.

>> No.3089021
File: 7 KB, 140x157, nemesiscoolfacesmall.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3089000
Besides if you want to use the handgun, you're going to need space, which you don't always have. Freeze rounds work even in the tiniest corridor.

I am so triggered I am thinking of making a video comparison between handgun and grenade launcher+freeze rounds tonight, if I'm not too tired when I get back from work.

>> No.3089221

>>3089021
The thing with the grenades is that they have a long launch->reload cycle with every shot, so you have to plan your dodges way ahead of time. With a pistol, even if you're only firing two bullets every dodge, you can still hit him very consistently and never worry about dodges, since the handgun doesn't reload after every shot.

All in all, I'm pretty sure the Freeze rounds are supposed to be some sort of area attack (it can hit more than one zombie if they're bunched up together), but I've always found the Acid Rounds to be better against almost every enemy.

And some useless trivia: the final Nemesis drop is always thought to be infinite bullets (for a single weapon), but that's only after your first playthrough. In your first playthrough, you actually get an Assault Rifle. Yeah... that really helped.

>> No.3089320

>>3089221

Freeze rounds do hurt him more then anything else, Freeze rounds hit multiple times but Nemesis has the ability to dodge your grenades and will do so after the first hit. Even if you angle your shot to hit him while hes dodging the animation does let Nemesis evade some of the Freeze grenade hits.

When using Freeze it's best to provoke him into running at you so he won't dodge the shot, this is a very tight window between getting punched and being able to shoot him though and has the same handgun problem that Nemesis often appears in areas with nowhere to run.

>> No.3089701

>>3089000
It was at that battle at the base of the clock tower I stood there firing freeze grenades at him and he just walked right up and started hitting and grabbing me. He was off screen for the first couple but then he kept walking up and I could see they were clearly hitting him and he didn't even slow down. I don't know man. I used all 6 freeze rounds, 1 magnum, and probably 7-8 shotgun rounds.

>>3089320
Maybe he was dodging but it didn't look like it. I can't dodge. I don't like how it's context sensitive with R1/2 and X. Unless you time it just right you go into aim mode instead of dodging. I can't read the movements clearly enough to know when to press it, and definitely not when under pressure.

>> No.3090364

Alright, I just beat it. It's okay. I didn't like the dodging being so iffy. I started over and played around with doing it at the start and kept getting grabbed. The timing is too precise for a newcomer to actually be able to use it their first time through. I saw videos of people doing it flawlessly so if you're a vet I'm sure it's a lot of fun. I think they should have just had a dedicated dodge button. There were plenty to choose from on the controller.

Who was the helicopter pilot in the end? Jill seemed to know him.

>> No.3090521

>>3090364
Barry from RE1.

>> No.3091404

Mine thrower with intinite ammo. It becomes a homing mine which one shots almost everything and kills multiple zombies at the same time

>> No.3091804

>>3089701

what fight was that? there is actually two different types of nemesis that can be fought at the clock tower courtyard, if carlos showed up to that fight and shot nemesis's rocket launcher off you get a completely different trench coat nemesis that has a thrusting tentacle attack and will be slowed a lot by the freeze rounds I am pretty sure this one has a bit more health as well. Otherwise it's just a regular rocket launcher nemesis who is only momentarily stopped by freeze rounds but can still run at your ass just fine

no carlos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGCihUsoVsI

carlos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoSYswFqJmQ

>> No.3094436

>>3091804
What determines which fight you get?

>> No.3095113

>>3094436

if you jumped out of the cable car or used the break, the breaks get you tentacle nemesis and carlos doesn't give you freeze rounds.