[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 652 KB, 2048x1536, IMG_0053.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3072546 No.3072546 [Reply] [Original]

Sup /vr/, by some stroke of mad luck I have come into possession of these beauties. I've never had a Saturn growing up but always wanted one. I have a bunch of questions that I hope you guys don't mind answering. I've done a some research but I'm still a little lost.

So, first thing's first: I have one US Saturn and one JPN Saturn. They came with one controller and one a/v cable total. I used an apple tv power cord to test them. I'm not sure of the voltage but will it be okay to use long term?

Do I need the 3D controller or arcade stick or is the default controller enough?

What's the deal with the internal memory? I know there's a watch battery in the back, but how can I tell if it needs to be changed?

Action Replay. Do I need one? It also has the ram expansion and the memory. Will this allow me to play backups as well? Do I even need both Saturns if I have an AR?

What are some good starter games that kinda showcase what the Saturn is about? (cheap stuff like the equivalent of Sonic 2 or the 6-Pak on the Genesis maybe) There's a new sealed combo of Virtua Cop/VF 2/Daytona USA for $20.

>> No.3072589

>>3072546
>Do I need the 3D controller or arcade stick or is the default controller enough?
If you play some 3D games, it'll be tough without them.

> I know there's a watch battery in the back, but how can I tell if it needs to be changed?
Boot it. If it asks you to set the clock, it's probably dead.

>Action Replay. Do I need one? It also has the ram expansion and the memory. Will this allow me to play backups as well? Do I even need both Saturns if I have an AR?
You don't need one, but from what I know chipping is tough these days. I believe flashing the AR will make it lose its save functions, so make sure you have a power memory if you do so.

>What are some good starter games that kinda showcase what the Saturn is about?
If you wanna buy, Panzer Dragoon JP is cheap, Daytona, Virtua Cop, Virtua Fighter. Getting anime games is going deeper into some of the obscure gems, but they get more expensive.

>> No.3072601

>>3072546

>Do I need the 3D controller or arcade stick or is the default controller enough?
No. Games play fine with the dpad. 3d stick is just better for the games desined with it in mind.

>What's the deal with the internal memory? I know there's a watch battery in the back, but how can I tell if it needs to be changed?
Just buy a new one.

>Action Replay. Do I need one? It also has the ram expansion and the memory. Will this allow me to play backups as well? Do I even need both Saturns if I have an AR?
I don't mess with AR.

>What are some good starter games that kinda showcase what the Saturn is about? (cheap stuff like the equivalent of Sonic 2 or the 6-Pak on the Genesis maybe) There's a new sealed combo of Virtua Cop/VF 2/Daytona USA for $20.
Not much sub $100. Virtua Fighter, Daytona, and Sega Rally can be found cheap though.

>> No.3072637

Was the Neo Geo more powerful than the Saturn at 2D, or were developers just more experienced with the architecture due to how long it lasted?

>> No.3072647

>>3072637
The latter.

>> No.3072678

>>3072589

If I get the action replay, do I even need to bother with the internal battery? Also which system should I use it on(does it matter?) or should I just get two?

What is chipping and flashing? and what is a power memory

I'm definitely interested in Panzer Dragoon. I have Orta and love it. So that's a game I can play without it being translated?

I'm into shmups too, are there a bunch on the Saturn?

Right now I have my eye on Guardian Heroes and Dark Savior. Shining the Holy Arc, Dragon Force, Magic Knight Rayearth, and DBZ Legends are on my list as well. I know those are pricey but I don't mind dropping a bunch of cash on the games if I get them slowly one at a time. As of right now I don't want to spend over a hundred for a single game, though.

>>3072601

Which games utilize the 3d stick? I know Knights for one, does. But I have it on 360/One so I'm not gonna bother with that one.

As far as games around $100 or less, what are some cool games that the Saturn does exclusively?

>> No.3072692

>>3072678
Panzer Dragoon 1 and 2 are import friendly, 3 is not. 2 is the best one IMO

Darius Gaiden is a good schump.

VF2, Sega Rally, and Virtua Cop are insanely cheap. DOA is too but import only. Daytona USA CE is good, but make sure you get the Japanese version. Fighters Megamix is the GOAT Saturn game but the Japanese version has slowdown. Get the US one.

>> No.3072702

>>3072692

>Panzer Dragoon 1 and 2 are import friendly

Fuck yeah! They're considerably cheaper than the US versions.

>Darius Gaiden is a good schump.

Will look into that, thank you. I have and love Sagaia for Genesis. I think that is a Darius game too.

>VF2, Sega Rally, and Virtua Cop are insanely cheap. DOA is too but import only. Daytona USA CE is good, but make sure you get the Japanese version. Fighters Megamix is the GOAT Saturn game but the Japanese version has slowdown. Get the US one.

Awesome, thanks for the advice

>> No.3072708

>>3072702
Darius Gaiden is the direct sequel to Sagaia.

>> No.3072712

>>3072546
>I used an apple tv power cord to test them. I'm not sure of the voltage but will it be okay to use long term?
It's a standard cable, and literally just two wires that run from the wall to the console end of things. It'll be fine.

>>3072678
>If I get the action replay, do I even need to bother with the internal battery?
The Action Replay is more for storage than it is for direct usage with games(from what I understand), so keeping the battery backing for the internal memory for everyday usage would be suggested.

>chipping
Modchipping, for playing backups. So long as you can find someone to buy one from, the Phantom Universal couldn't be more simple to install,

>flashing
Applying modified firmware to the Action Replay so that it acts similarly to a modchip, allowing you to play backups.

>> No.3072717

>>3072546
> What are some good starter games that kinda showcase what the Saturn is about?

Virtual Hydlide

>> No.3072719

>>3072708

Damn, awesome.

>>3072712

Mmk, I'll replace the batteries. Should I buy a second AR to act as a memory card for the JPN Saturn as well, or should I just use one system at a time since the AR lets you play imports?

>Modchipping, for playing backups. So long as you can find someone to buy one from, the Phantom Universal couldn't be more simple to install

Ah, I see. For some reason I thought it'd be as easy as just getting an AR. If it's any more involved I probably won't bother. Collecting is more my speed.

Thanks for the info!

>> No.3072739

>>3072719
Chip leaves your AR free for regular usage.

Flashing your AR with PseudoSaturn requires a single usage of the swap trick and is essentially acts as a portable modchip.

Down side is you can't use it for saves or cheat codes after you flash it.

>> No.3073290

>>3072637
There's some pretty amazing 2d games on saturn friend. I think neo geo is less powerful but has way more memory to play this (because of the huge carts). BTW if you want to play the capcom fighters it is best to get an AR4

>> No.3073304

>>3072739
Can you play Dragoon Saga with pseudosaturn? Because with the default AR4 and a modchip you need to use a cheat code to bypass the cart removal message.

>> No.3074225
File: 249 KB, 372x745, 49959640_p0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3072678
>I'm into shmups too, are there a bunch on the Saturn?
Batsugun
Battle Garegga
Blast Wind
Capcom Generations 1: Wings of Destiny
Darius Gaiden
DonPachi
DoDonPachi
Gekirindan
Gunbird
Gun Frontier
Gun Frontier 2 (Metal Black)
Hyper Duel
Jikkyō Oshaberi Parodius ~forever with me~
Keio Flying Squadron 2
Magical Night Dreams: Cotton Boomerang
Radiant Silvergun
RayForce
RayStorm
Salamander Deluxe Pack Plus
Sengoku Blade: Sengoku Ace Episode II
Sexy Parodius
Shienryu
Shippū Mahō Daisakusen Kingdom-Grandprix
Skull Fang: Kuhga Gaiden
Steam-Heart's
Strikers 1945
Strikers 1945 II
Terra Diver (Soukyugurentai)
Thunder Force Gold Pack 1
Thunder Force Gold Pack 2
Thunder Force V
Twinkle Star Sprites
Wolf Fang: Kuhga 2001
Wonder 3 Arcade Gears
X-Multiply

>> No.3074440

>>3074225

Damn, thanks for the list. I'm a bit overwhelmed though. What's a good place to start? Radiant Silvergun and Dodonpachi sound familiar but I don't know much about. RS is related to Ikagura in some way(same devs?)

>> No.3074446

>>3072637
The Neo Geo is a generation behind the Saturn.

>> No.3074515

>>3072637
>Was the Neo Geo more powerful than the Saturn at 2D, or were developers just more experienced with the architecture due to how long it lasted?

Neither. It was weaker in every way but was specifically geared towards pushing lots of sprites from ROM, and having gigantic ROM space.

Developers then abused that to push shedloads of animation into each game.

>> No.3074576

>>3074440
Radiant Silvergun is indeed from Treasure. It's also one of the most expensive games on the Saturn.
Dodonpachi I've heard it's better on PS1 (less slowdowns) but don't quote me on that.

>> No.3074598
File: 123 KB, 1511x189, 1447912178120.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

B U L K
S
L
A
S
H

It's great.

>> No.3075006

>>3074598
>the wild underage used fail
>it's super effective

▲▲

>> No.3075198

>>3074576
>Radiant Silvergun is indeed from Treasure. It's also one of the most expensive games on the Saturn.

Not even close. There are games worth 4-10x as much on the system. The most expensive disc I know sold for $3000, but there are plenty of $300-$1000 titles too.

>> No.3075242

I own a saturn and literally only own the nascar 98 so games are hard to come across where i live and to lazy to ship from egay or amazon.

>> No.3075601
File: 113 KB, 800x600, saturn_3d_pad2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not OP here with a question.

How do the DC and Saturn 3D controller's analogs compare to others in terms of durability? They use hall effect sensors + magnets instead of potentiometers so I was thinking maybe they wouldn't drift over extended use.

>> No.3075635

>>3075601
Maximum durability obviously, no moving parts.

>> No.3075678

>>3075006
I cringed. Don't reply to me.

>> No.3075692

i'd buy a white saturn if it wasn't for that mauve eject button

>> No.3075701

>>3075692
paint it

>> No.3076465
File: 27 KB, 427x378, saturn virtua stick.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not OP

Came across a saturn with 1 japanese saturn pad, and two of these US Virtua Sticks, and a copy of Virtua Fighter for $50 on CL an hour away from me. How are these sticks? I'm not trying to be a competitive player or anything so I don't need them to be amazing.

>> No.3076473

>>3076465
The virtua sticks are definitely not high end. I only have mine because it was super cheap.

>> No.3076564

How is Saturn emulation nowadays?
In one places they say it can't be ideal because of architecture, in other places they say SSF is already good.
So, should I consider buying a Saturn or emulator is really enough today?

>> No.3076575

>>3076465
Both of mine broke in the same way fairly quickly. It was the tabs that fit into the bottom part of the stick, as I recall.

>> No.3076687

>>3076575
>>3076473
Thanks for the input. I might still take him up on it because it's still a good deal for a Saturn

>> No.3077597

>>3076473
Jap sticks are ok. Real men astro city.

>> No.3077630

>>3074440
my short list:
Batsugun
Battle Garegga
Darius Gaiden
Metal Black
RayForce
Sengoku Blade: Sengoku Ace Episode II

not that most of those on that list aren't also great.

>> No.3077634

>>3072589
>chipping is tough
?
Saturn might possibly be the easiest CD system to chip. You just have to solder one wire to power then connect some cables. That's it.

>> No.3077638

>>3077634
yeah I agree

>> No.3077645
File: 84 KB, 1280x842, 2KQij.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3076465
there's a few sticks with the name virtua stick but the one in your pic is nowhere near is good as pic related

but that being said im sure its fine for fucking around casually

>> No.3077650
File: 71 KB, 567x564, 1442561337243.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Get a PAL saturn
>Try to 60hz mod it, fuck up the VDP2 while soldering
>Get a NTSC-J saturn
>CD drive unit refuse to recognize any CD

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP PLEASE DCEMU RESTOCK NOW

>> No.3077664

>>3077634
You can even use a solderles connection like the original hardware does.
>triggering intensifies

>> No.3077990

>>3077634
Isn't it harder to get chips these days? All the stores now are "don't contact us about chipping or only through private transactions" or they've disappeared. I know most people on /vr/ are focusing on Pseudosaturn now, right? I have a model 1 JP version and I'd love to chip it someday, to avoid having to use an action replay just to play rare games. Also I like using the ram carts/power memory.

>> No.3078012

>>3077990
Rob Webb should still sell them, you just have to contact him in email, since he can't sell them openly or else Paypal will fuck him.

>> No.3078060

>>3072546
if you live in the US, voltage will be fine for jap saturn

Default controller is enough for most games, except for NiGHTS and Panzer Dragon (both of those games has ports on ps2) and some racing games (but you can get a wheel for those).

Action Replay is absolute "musthave" it acts as regionmod, ram expansion, let you play backups and you can store save files there.

for strart you could get Burning rangers, Amok, Deep Fear

>> No.3078732

>>3072546
You never *need* an arcade stick. They're just a gimmick that fighter fans convince themselves they need so they can pretend they're at the arcade. The truth is they're a terrible control method compared to a D pad. Uncomfortable, cumbersome and a waste of money.

>> No.3079303

>>3077630

Thank you, looking in to them now.

>>3078060

>Default controller is enough for most games, except for NiGHTS and Panzer Dragon

Are they at least playable though? It might take me a little while to get a 3D controller but PD should be getting here in the mail tomorrow.

Should I bother getting an AR for each Saturn? I hear they damage the cart slot from constant use so am I better off having one on each? I already have 1 in my US Saturn at the moment. Should I just keep my JPN Saturn as a spare since the US can play Japanese games?

>Burning rangers, Amok, Deep Fear

Checking them out, thank you.

>>3078732

Some games like shmups are fun with arcade sticks, and yeah fighters too. It's either an arcade stick or the 3D controller. I'm not sure which to get yet.

>> No.3079328

>>3078732
I use an snes clone pad on street fighter 4. Arcade sticks are clunky as fuck.

>> No.3079351

>>3076564
Why don't you try it and see?

>> No.3079353

>>3079303
>Should I bother getting an AR for each Saturn?
ya why not
>I hear they damage the cart slot from constant use so am I better off having one on each?
nah but it also wouldn't be a pain in the dick to swap it back and forth all the time

>> No.3079378

>>3077630
my nigga these are some of the best shooters on the saturn tops! Especially Battle Garegga. Batsugun is good since it includes the special edition board that is pretty easy to complete and superior than the vanilla board.
Hyper Duel is also another amazing game made by technosoft (same guys who did Thunder Force on the Genesis/Mega Drive) the new mode is the way to go since its crushes the original arcade version.
>>3073304
with the newest version of pseudosaturn you can play Zwei and Saga. the few games you can't play still are KOF 95, Ultraman since they require their own special carts and i believe batman forever. I think the community is still trying to reimplemenet the save state and cheat feature tho so unfortnately you'll need to invest into a save cart the JP ones are still cheap and will fit all your games (I have over 90 total both burned and actual games) into one cart. Only issue might be the cart swapping might not be the best idea i believe.

>> No.3079541

Are any of the RPGs playable in Japanese? I know it's a dumb question but maybe an action RPG like Shining Wisdom?

They're just so much fucking cheaper as imports. Dragon Force, Magic Knight Rayearth, Shining the Holy Arc, etc.

>> No.3079543

>>3079541
Good luck

>> No.3079575
File: 70 KB, 673x908, 1449906507455.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3079541
don't remember mkr being particularly text heavy but you'd be missing out on those classic working designs translations
i dunno a lot of people are critical of them but since i played all those games when they were new they hold a special place in my kokoro

>> No.3079579

>>3079575
Magic Knight Rayearth?

It's mediocre.

>> No.3079590

>>3072546
if you got the Action Replay+, or whatever, then you might not need that JP Saturn. the AR has a backup save, 4G RAM, and allows the system to play japanese games. I have one, and I love it to bits.

as for Saturn showcases, whatever is expensive on Ebay is probably excellent. any fighting game will look beautiful, especially the arcade perfect Capcom ones. Guardian Heroes is so good it should be taught in school.

personally, I liked Astal, Sonic R, and Magic Knight Rayearth. the Panzer Dragoon games are very good, but all the 3D games look like shit, compared to any other system.

except for the Snes. Saturn 3D does manage to look better than SNES 3D

>> No.3079604

>>3079303
I don't recall the 3D stick being available for the first PD. It might have come out for the second, but I never had any trouble playing without it. Nights, on the other hand, is really jerky and clumsy without it. I have never used the 3D stick, but I know that game was not much fun with just the regular controller

>> No.3079607

>>3079590

> you might not need that JP Saturn

Man, I figured as much. Well, it never hurts to have a spare console.

>personally, I liked Astal, Sonic R, and Magic Knight Rayearth

Are Astal and MKR playable without being able to understand Japanese?

>> No.3079609

>>3079607
Not him.

Astal is playable. It's a platformer.

Magic Knight Rayearth is playableish. I wouldn't go too far out of your way for this game. It's ok.

>> No.3079614

>>3079607
Astal and Sonic are fine.
Don't play the japanese Rayearth though, in case you're familiar with Working Designs "localizations", the penis jokes and hardcore difficulty of the western release are half the reason why it's so well remembered.

>> No.3079616

>>3079579
>mediocre
go easy on it. the game is made for elementary school girls. the mechanics have some depth, but it's piss easy and has a simple story.

it is also shockingly beautiful. seriously. the dungeons are neat, the experience is fun, the collectibles are cute, the music is pretty good. It is also incredibly beautiful. did I already say that?

>> No.3079625

>>3079607
I think MKR has a few sections where you need to follow directions from NPCs. nothing mindbending. just "do this to get that" type stuff. And, the story is pretty cute, so losing that would be a shame.

it is wonderful, if you like anime games. otherwise, like that other guy said, don't spend too much on it.

>> No.3079636

>>3079616
I was about to drop $450 for a sealed copy. It's the one Saturn US released game I haven't really played. I love anime shit, especially 90s anime shit.

The game isn't bad but I'm glad I didn't buy it. I throw it in with Albert Oddyssy. Mediocre games that get really talked about because it's the Saturn and the Working Designs logo is on the box.

I have no issues with short or easy games. They just need to have something special about them. It could just be I'm not much of a fan of the show. If this was a Sailor Moon game or something I'd buy it in a heart beat. But then again I'd had owned it years ago if that was the case.

>> No.3079637

>>3079590
Astal looks absolutely gorgeous and Sonic R takes some time to get used too but its Ok not bad for a 3D saturn game and the OST is the best thing that ever came out of that game.

>> No.3079645

>>3079541
I liked Dragon Force, but i don't get the love for it. It was great seeing a million little soldiers go at it, at once, but that's not very impressive, these days. The little stories are neat, and there is a little bit of resource management.

but, it's mostly "smash huge armies together". bigger platoon beats little platoon. Final Fantasy Tactics, it ain't. I thought Shining the Holy Arc was dreadful. it is a dungeon crawler with turn-based combat. it's slow as fuck, has an infuriating encounter rate, and all the monsters look like they were sculpted out of Playdoh.

if you want to beat your head against some Japanese RPGs, both Lunar games and Grandia are on the Saturn.

also, Story of Thor 2 is fucking fantastic, and in English

>> No.3079659

>>3079636
I think MKR is special, maybe not $450 worth... look it up on Youtube. if you love 90's anime, then it might be right up your alley

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gB0BKIP0IHg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

>> No.3079669

>>3079659
I think the main thing that turned me off was I was trying to stay away from lets plays and walk through looking for non spoiler reviews. I heard the ending was suppose to be very dramatic. But that's the anime not the game. Learned that after watching a play through.

That's the Japense opening btw.

Also I don't want to come off hard on Albert Odyssey. I know calling a RPG "mediocre" may as well say it's shit to some people.

>> No.3079707

>>3079669
no... I get what mediocre implies. Like i said, MKR is a game for little kids. I loved it, but I don't want to talk up something that you might be disappointed in. Its weird, with things like this. if you like the specific things that MKR does well, then you will love the game. if you don't, then I think "mediocre" is a fair description.

I wish there were a video that just showed off the game mechanics and a little of the early stages. And also had higher resolution that 8 hour Let's Play looks pretty decent.

also, I forgot that the US name for Story of Thor is Legend of Oasis. if you are doubtful of MKR, LoO is a much safer bet. they are both action RPGs, but LoO is much better

>> No.3079730

>>3079707
You're making me want to buy it again. Had a spot made on my shelf too.

Legend of Oasis is a love hate thing with me.

>> No.3079761
File: 480 KB, 609x458, 1454291569239.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

/vr/, please tell me I made a good buy here

I didnt realize until later it didnt have a video cable, but theyre pretty cheap so it shouldnt matter

Im planning to get an AR for it because I have no soldering equipment

Its japanese(obviously) model HST 3220

>> No.3079793
File: 15 KB, 293x109, 1455577953913.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3079659
tf.. why is MKR 450? Got my copy for 50 back when i was collecting. sold it for 50 when I got out the hobby. maybe I shoulda held on to that stuff but i was just a broke college student then.

>> No.3079856

>>3079761
>/vr/, please tell me I made a good buy here

Well how much did it cost you? If you bought it for $1 then it was a good buy.

>> No.3079859

>>3079856

yah, dumb phrasing, but I mean is there anything to watch out for with JP consoles or the white kind? Specific modifications you have to do like Dreamcasts that had to be version 2 or something?

>> No.3079867

>>3079859
That's the kind of info you need to look up before buying, doofus. What if you found out that your purchase cannot take any mods or SD loaders or incompatible with PseudoSaaturn? You'd be fucked.

But no, the Saturn does not have any such problems. The only thing you have to pay attention to is whether your unit is 20pin or 21pin, but since modchips are universal now, this only matters for Rhea compatibility any more.

btw, just because your unit is white or grey or oval button or round button, that means fuck all. The internal hardware is completely unrelated to that.

>> No.3079962

>>3079761
The Shell looks like it's in really good condition, mine is very yellow.

>> No.3080194

>>3079541
Princess Crown is completely playable using an online translation. I'm having a blast with it now.

>> No.3080213

How do I get PD Saga working on pseudo Saturn? I keep seeing people saying you need to patch the rom but can't find any resource for how to actually do that. The only other method I found is a code for the action replay, which I can't use since it's flashed with pseudo Saturn.

>> No.3080382

>>3079351
Because I have no Saturn to compare.

>> No.3080419

http://www.theisozone.com/tutorials/other/general/how-to-patch-various-roms-using-lunar-ips-lips/
>>3080213
http://koti.kapsi.fi/~antime/sega/own.http

>> No.3080472
File: 53 KB, 576x331, eWCObkg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3080419
Thank you.

>> No.3081746

If I were to flash my AR for PseudoSaturn, would it be possible to undo it later on to get the original functionality back?

>> No.3081789

Damn, I really missed the boat on collecting for the Saturn. The prices just a few years ago are way more reasonable than they are now. $500 for Panzer Dragoon Saga!? People were complaining when it cost $150. What the fuck happened??

I'm just going to import it because I really enjoy the atmosphere and music so hopefully I can get through the damn thing.

>> No.3081807

>>3081746
yeah you can undo the mod if you don't want it later on.
>>3081789
Importing has been getting pricer as well thanks to more people doing so.

>> No.3081810

>>3079793
I know people say that Ebay is a measure of the market value of things, but I think that's bullshit. some people just post sky-high prices and wait. if there is no pressure to sell a thing, then the market has no way to force a seller to lower his price.

that said, MKR came out after the Saturn had already died. it had been hyped for years, was blessed with a fantastic localization by a company known for lavish localizations, and dropped near the beginning of the US anime craze. I bet it came out in a very limited release, which would only drive aftermarket prices higher. Basically the same conditions that drive the price of a lot of games, to include Panzer Dragoon Saga. That game was going for hundreds of dollars, 10 years ago

>> No.3081814

>>3072546
>ction Replay. Do I need one? It also has the ram expansion and the memory. Will this allow me to play backups as well? Do I even need both Saturns if I have an AR?

You should definitely do it. Getting a mod chip was pretty much impossible, so I got an AR and after a bit of swap trick bullshit, managed to get it booted so I could flash it.

Now I'm playing Daytona and Gundam with ease.

>> No.3081821
File: 850 KB, 320x320, 1449814891204.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3081814
Hell yeah, dude. Couple races in Daytona and a play-through of Bulk Slash is my bedtime ritual.

>> No.3081826
File: 12 KB, 320x240, Re7GZ7Gx.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You're making him proud.

>> No.3081827

>>3081821
I got it working just the other day finally, thanks to shitty fucking image burn software.

So far I've got Virtual On, Daytona, and Gundam Side Story 1.

>> No.3081842

>>3081827
what are you using? Imgburn should be fine. I've been using that and I had no issues at all.
>>3081826
SEGATA SANSHIRO
SEGA SA-TAN!

>> No.3081847

>>3081842
Imgburn wasn't working on any of my images at all. I believe its because imgburn can't handle multisession tracks or something like that.

Either way, the freeware version of Alcohol 120 did it for me. Imgburn seemed to produce coasters.

>> No.3081852

>>3081847
that sucks. Where do you get your saturn isos at? I got all of mine over at the ISO Zone. They have some good image files for saturn games.

>> No.3081854

>>3081827
I pirated Nero and haven't had an issue. Now I'm trying to get some third party controllers cheap for a Bomberman party.

>> No.3081882

>>3081852
ISO Zone.

>> No.3081913

Couple questions:

1. I have a US Saturn. For Pseudosaturn, do I need a US Memory Card/AR or can I use one from a different region?

2. I bought one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Memory-Card-Plus-Sega-Saturn-VG-Condition-Untested-/231853235862?hash=item35fb879e96:g:sJIAAOSwWnFV9JHG but it didn't work when I got it (As in, it didn't even work to save regularly). Is there a better cheap option? IE - What's the best choice for my money?

>> No.3081914

>>3081913
It probably didn't work because you need to replace the battery inside.

>> No.3081918

>>3081914
I already returned it. The contacts were all corroded, and the system didn't even recognize it.

>> No.3081931

wheres that picture with all the recommended Saturn games? I cant find it on google

>> No.3081938
File: 1.22 MB, 2500x3174, 1379887496194.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3081913
I don't believe there's any sort of region locking on the various carts, so using a Japanese one on a US console or vice-versa shouldn't be a problem.

>>3081931
?

>> No.3081942
File: 1.31 MB, 1093x4140, saturn.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3081931
>>3081938
Or

>> No.3081945

>>3081938

thats the one

thanks