[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 23 KB, 500x269, 41SijD3rDtL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3036429 No.3036429[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hey everyone. I played n 64 about 14 years ago before i was a teen and im now Looking for the best 3 reasonably priced games i can get of ebay and respark my interest. I only ever played super smash bros cause i was a kid and had no money. I feel like ive been missing out. Im going to repurchase an n 64 so what bundle should i seek and what seoerste games would i aim for. Thanks guys and no doubt girls...

>> No.3036442

Well this thread went to shit with the first post. Well done OP, it's a new record.

>> No.3036464

>>3036429
Pilotwings, Wave Race, Perfect Dark, Blast Corps, and the AKI Wrestling games can all be found for under $10. I would also recommend Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time since those are two of the most acclaimed games ever made.

>> No.3036630
File: 100 KB, 628x354, abe93b2239df82dd2081fc3678e04d26.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3036429
>>3036464
This.

The AKI Wrestling games are seriously underrated, especially in multiplayer. (best was WWF No mercy)
Wave Race is one of the best "non-Nintendo" Nintendo games, I would suggest 1080°, too. Same team.
Rareware stuff starts to get expensive, but Blast Corps, BanjoKazooie and Jet Force Gemini are still okayish priced, but you could play those on a XBone if you own one.
Diddy Kong Racing is a nice kart racer and widely available. BanjoTooie and DK64 are... well, probably the reason collectathons got that name and they are getting expensive already.
Mario, Mario Kart and Zelda are nobrainers, but except for Mario, not that cheap anymore.
StarFox 64 is a great game as well.
F-Zero X is a must have if you even remotely like racing games, same goes for Episode 1 Racer and Extreme-G 1/2.
If you like Star Wars and/or Shooters, look out for Rogue Squadron.
Glover is a seriously underrated game for the N64 with a different concept.
The already mentioned Perfect Dark and Goldeneye as well as Turok 2 are nice console FPS if they are your thing. But the latter is not for everyone.
If you enjoy fighing games or RPGs you are a little out of luck with the N64, but there is Fighters Destiny, a seriously underrated fighter thats a little different than the usual fare and there is Quest 64 and Goemon when it comes to RPGs.
Mischief Makers is a fun 2D Plattformer that often gets overlooked for all the 3D ones on the console.
Pilotwings 64 flight sim with a different and weird array of vehicles, definetly worth a look.
Honorable mention goes to Snowboard Kids, a "mario kart on boards", underrated but fun. And its "comfy".
Hybrid Heaven - Well just look into it, again.

But I probably forgot quite a few....

>> No.3036663

I'm just going to say my favorite games that I've owned for quite a long time:
The standards for Nintendo, or Mario, and Zelda.

Then I would also recommend the Mario spin-offs such as the kart racer, tetris clone, and fitting game. I can't remember if they're still decent prices, but Dr. Mario should still be a bit cheaper than other games.

Starfox, it's great.

Pokémon snap isn't too expensive, I think.

The various racing games are often fun, and some are cheap.

>> No.3036672

>>3036429
>Goldeneye
>Snowboard Kids 2
>Conker Bad Fur Day
>Diddy Kong Racing
>Perfect Dark
>Body Harvest

Those are hands down the greatest games on the console. I still play them weekly with friends at home. The new consoles are accumulating dust in a corner.

Snowboard Kids 2 is the most under-rates game on the console.

>> No.3036687

>>3036672
And one of the most expensive already.

>> No.3036698
File: 124 KB, 700x483, hybridheaven.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hybrid Heaven should be cheap, and it's a good game, not without its flaws, but good if you're looking for something different and original.
Basically a mix of wrestling, 3D fighting and turn-based RPG.
The game's combat system is pretty amazing and addictive, however I think the game is a bit weak when it comes to the non-combat action parts, which mix a bit of third-person shooting. Not bad or unplayable, but a bit bland and sometimes the camera can be annoying (especially when you need to perform jumps).

You need a N64 memory cart in order to save in this game though, but the good thing is that you can save your own character's stats in it, go to a friend's house who also has this game (I know, what are the chances?) and play VS mode against his own character.
Otherwise you can play VS mode without custom characters anyway. It's pretty fun.

Must be noted that this game had some staff that worked on some acclaimed games like the Metal Gear games on MSX and Snatcher (it even has some vague references here and there). I think this bit of information isn't very well known or the game would probably be more expensive/more sought after.

>> No.3037437

>>3036698
Just picked this up for 2$. Gonna play through it this week. Never played it before and doesn't look super amazing, but for 2$ cant go wrong.