[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 36 KB, 500x375, tumblr_lntnq9JIKo1qdtw9eo1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2779630 No.2779630[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

all you faggots that talk about youtubers, actually watch them, talk about them on a first name basis, and so forth are massive faggots and i hope you die

what are your favorite sonic levels and why

>> No.2779646

>>2779630
Are you lost?
Blue /b/ is here >>>/v/

>> No.2779649

Sonic 1- Marble Zone

Sonic 2- Aquatic Ruin

Sonic 3- Ice Cap

S&K- Lava Reef

Sonic CD- Stardust Speedway

Have not found a Youtube personality yet I could stand.

>> No.2779652

I'll watch a Chrontendo before bed but that's about it. Why he calls himself Dr. Sparkle I'll never understand. I don't like Sonic simply because I suck at it. There, I said it.

>> No.2779656

>>2779649
>marble zone

top kek

>> No.2779665

>>2779656

Could you quantify the kek?

Is there a taste to the kek?

What are the dimensions of the kek (in metric units)?

What are other qualities thereof that said kek may possess?

>> No.2779671

>>2779649
>S&K- Lava Reef
op here

my nigga

>> No.2779673

>>2779665
>where did the kek touch you? your marble zone?

>> No.2779680

Oil Ocean

I love the design

>> No.2779696

I am a person who played his first Sonic games the last year. Sonic 1 and 2 on the 3DS.

What is the correct way of playing Sonic 2 (I have already beaten it like 5 times btw, I went from not having fun with it, shitposting about the game here, and thinking it controlled badly, to having a lot of fun with it, getting used to the controls, and even thinking it is rather easy)

I managed to become Super Sonic in one playthrough, but it was hard as balls to memorize the patterns of that running minigame, and I have more fun trying to end every level with the highest ammount of coins possible.

Do you people always try to turn into super sonic when you play the game?

>> No.2779710

>>2779696
op here sonic 2 is really not fun at all and is mostly about beating the game. sonic 3&k is where you enjoy the sonic franchise.

if you want a challenge like most good s2 players, the idea is to get super sonic in the first two zones via backtracking and getting all the goal posts and then absolutely annihilating the rest of the game.

>> No.2779731

>>2779696
When you play without save files, playing through every minigame to get super sonic is less fun than just playing the game normal.

>> No.2779742

>>2779731
I didnt use save files but I looked videos on youtube, which is a way of cheating.
The other hard part was beating Eggman last form with no rings, so, no hits.

>> No.2779754

>le spiky blue man

if you like this "video game" off yourself

>> No.2779759

>>2779754

Troll sighted.

>> No.2779969

S1: Junk Yard Zone
S2: Hill Top Zone
S3: Launch Base Zone
S&K: Lava Reef Zone
CD: Metallic Madness or whatever its called, didnt like that game as much though

>> No.2779982

Sonic 1 - Star Light
Cool double/triple loops, great Dreams Come True music. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwzBpxbCyP8

Sonic 2 - Chemical Plant
Fast as fuck, giant crisscrossing ramps, cool shortcut in act 2

Sonic CD - Stardust Speedway
Basically Star Light II with even more crazy crap.

Sonic 3 and Knuckles - Lava Reef
Great looking stage. Act 1 has the best music in Sonic, and Act 2 has the best boss.

>> No.2779990
File: 341 KB, 2048x1536, iPhoneUpload.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sonic 3 & Knuckles - Hydrocity Zone - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K1rV9kFs6I

Sonic CD (Japanese Soundtrack) - Stardust Speedway (Past) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojWjPJowkR4

>> No.2780007

>>2779665
decibels, obviously

>> No.2780009

Chemical plant zone, Emerald hill zone
Chemical plant just looks neat and Emerald hill zone is very relaxed, but has nicer music than Green hill zone.
If you put a gun to my head and asked me for favorite S1, S3, S&K, or SCD levels, I might be able to spit some out but there's no real standouts

>> No.2780037

Yes, anyone who talks about their surrogate friends and parrots their opinions has lowered the level of discussion of video games horribly and needs to die.

Plamtree Panic.

>> No.2780098
File: 57 KB, 452x452, perfil 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sonic 1: Spring Yard Zone
Best mix of gotta go fast with tight platforming, multiple paths, introduced pinball physic-themed levels to the series without too much gimmicks.
Not to mention that comfy atmosphere, feels like a nice vacation city in the mountains, accompanied by also one of the comfiest Sonic tunes ever made.
The only thing I don't like about it is when you have to wait on those moving platforms, but honestly it's not a deal breaker for me.
You just gotta COPE.

Sonic 2: Metropolis Zone
It has hard enough to choose a favorite on Sonic 2. I'm going with metropolis just because.

Sonic CD: Quartz Quadrant.
Just seems the like the best balanced level between platforming and exploration on the game, also dat music.

Sonic 3: Hydrocity Zone, no contest

Sonic & Knuckles: Flying Battery Zone
It's like a perfect mix of 2 of my favorite Sonic 2 levels, Metropolis and Wing Fortress, but even better.
Lava Reef close second.

>> No.2780207

The only ones I enjoy are slowbeef and the two best friends.

Otherwise I couldn't care less.