[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 3 KB, 98x125, allofmyrage.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2691136 No.2691136[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hey, I'm new to this board and I'm wondering which emulating options are the best for the NES, SNES, Version of Project64, and NDS. Thanks.

>> No.2691174

just fuck off, you're not welcome

>> No.2691179

>NES
Nestopia UE is what I use. Nintendulator and puNES are also great emulators.

>SNES
I usually use bsnes v88. It's the last version before the emulator became higan, but it still has 100% compatibility with officially licensed games. The latest version of Snes9x is a good choice if your computer isn't as powerful as bsnes demands. If you have a soft spot for the ZSNES UI, there's ZMZ.

>N64
Mupen64Plus is currently the best overall choice.

If you want an all-in-one solution and filters, use the RetroArch frontend.

>> No.2691183 [SPOILER] 
File: 20 KB, 200x200, 1442726021115.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2691136
Nesticle
ZSNES

>> No.2691185

>>2691179
Thanks, Anon.

>> No.2691232

Mednafen is really the only choice for NES and SNES (and everything else it supports).

And don't use fucking retroarch, it's god-awful at everything it tries to do. Its authors try to viral market it fucking everywhere and make it sound more appealing and more widely used than it really is, which is basically the fact that almost no one does. It's semi-decent once you get it set up, but everything about getting to a game and playing it smoothly is a fucking clusterfuck.

>> No.2691234

You do know there's an emulation general thread on /vg/ that can answer all of these questions, complete with a wiki right?

>> No.2691252

>>2691234
The emugen threads have been bordering on pure crap for the past few years. Too much drama for one thing and it's packed with people who don't know shit so people who do know shit tend to get drowned out. Same everywhere I suppose, but still can't recommend the thread itself. Here seems as good a place as any for things not covered by the wiki. The wiki is sometimes a bit biased, but generally fine.