[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 27 KB, 800x600, super_everdrive_deluxe03.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2669995 No.2669995 [Reply] [Original]

Does anybody have any experiences with Everdrives? Are they worth the money and reliable when compared to just buying a USB controller and emulating on the PC? I want the nostalgic feeling as well as being able to play the games.

I'm looking to get back into a few games from my youth and ones that I missed out on due to being a kid with no money.

Are there any reliable sites to purchase them? I've heard of a couple but don't want to "shill", I don't know what's allowed on this board.

>> No.2670001

Not even baiting, the only worthwhile game that's not compatible with that thing is Yoshi Island.

>> No.2670010

We buy Chinese clones from AliExpress, irregardless of what the shills will say.

If you already have the retro consoles themselves and a CRT or quality upscaler then spending $40 on a chinky Everdrive MD is a good investment. See how it treats you.

It really depends on your budget though. No one would blame you for emulating first, even if just to fully sample libraries and decide which platform to buy your first flash cart for.

Lots of /vr/ primarily emulates some even exclusively although most of those are contemptible for semi-related reasons.

>> No.2670015

>Are they worth the money

Given how overpriced they are, no. But I'm sure some Everdrive shill will show up and "correct" me about how expensive it is to manufacture all the necessary parts.

The only Flash carts really worth investing in are for portables. DS carts go as low as $10 in some cases, including the ones with very high compatibility. GBA carts are another story. You can get an EZ Flash IV for $40 shipped, but I guess that isn't nearly as overpriced as what Everdrive is asking.

>I've heard of a couple but don't want to "shill"

Yet that's exactly what this thread is.

For future reference: Shilling only makes people not want to buy your products in the first place. It's called psychological reactance.

Now fuck off.

>> No.2670020

>>2670010
>irregarless
>ir- negative attached to the already negative form of regard

You best be trolling. Nobody can actually be this ignorant.

>> No.2670029

>>2669995
The only everdrive not worth the money is the super everdrive, get the SD2SNES

>> No.2670043

>>2670020
You best shut your mouth, that's what.

>> No.2670050

>>2670010
>poor person logic

No-one with a quality upscaler is going to skimp on a cheap Chinese clone.

>> No.2670058

>>2670015

i dont even own an everdrive and probably never will, but the things only $80. who the fuck cares.

>> No.2670059

>>2670015
>overpriced
I say this every thread, but provide a parts list with prices for each component if you're going to call them overpriced. No doubt that they are expensive, but this stuff is already niche enough that the higher price is to be expected. Just because some Chinese guy can assemble them from defective parts literally thrown away by some factory doesn't mean shit.

>> No.2670075

>>2669995
Are the knock offs better than the originals? Are they the same quality?

>> No.2670080

>>2670075
>Are the knock offs better than the originals?
No.
>Are they the same quality?
Allegedly.

>> No.2670083

What is the cheapest flashcart or similar device available for any of the following consoles: SNES, Sega Genesis/MD, NES?

I want to hear all about the unlicensed Chinese shit. I don't care if it only plays 99% of games instead of 99.9% of games if it costs $200 less than the "best" alternative.

For SNES I am already aware of the Super UFO Pro 8, which is cheap and can't play any SuperFX games (although supposedly you can if you put another game with a SuperFX chip on top--I have a game like this already so I'd be willing to try that), SNES Everdrive, which is slightly more expensive but also has a cheaper Chinese clone, and SD2SNES which is favored by purists but costs a fortune. Is the UFO the cheapest thing around?

>> No.2670092

>>2670083
For both Genesis and NES it's going to be the relevant Everdrive clone on AliExpress. I'm not aware of anything cheaper for SNES than the SuperUFO8.

>> No.2670093
File: 66 KB, 1802x509, flashcartpricespng.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2670015

>> No.2670095

>>2670058
>but the things only $80

http://shop.krikzz.com/

>$167
>$190
>$143
>$109

>> No.2670102

>>2670095
I rather pay that fee then 250$ for fucking Megaman X3

>> No.2670106

>>2670093
I'm not the guy who wrote the particularly inflammatory post you are responding to, but the fact that the guy can justify his price doesn't mean it's a good buy. I'll be wary of using the term "overpriced" because that can imply that the price is not reflective of the value, which isn't what I'm saying, but it's still possible for something to cost more money than a reasonable person would want to pay for it. For example, it would be very expensive to manufacture a solid gold toilet seat, and it would surely come with a very high price, but would most people want to buy it, even if it were priced "fairly"? No, of course not. I don't need to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for a toilet seat. I'd rather have a cheaper one that isn't made of gold, or simply do without.

The fact of the matter is that if they can't get the prices of these things down, many people will continue to object to buying them. That may be impossible due to logistical reasons, and that's fine, but then they will never be adopted by all the people who are potentially interested in them (which still isn't very many people).

>> No.2670108

>>2670015
Second the handheld flashcart thing.

Absolutely the best way. GBA and DS games are pricey, and since they're meant to be fucking portable, lugging around your handheld, with a dozen games kind of defeats the purpose.

I completely understand flashcarts are made by a handful of people or a few small businesses so they are inherently more expensive. I haven't gotten one, but when I want a fairly expensive game like, I dunno, a Wild Guns or something and I'm about to pull the trigger, I may just buy the Flash Cart instead.

>> No.2670113

>>2670095
Every console represented on that page except NES/Famicom ($109), N64 ($99) and GB ($88) has an Everdrive product listed for less than $80.

>> No.2670114
File: 22 KB, 533x477, 1408902704846.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Didn't take the shill(s) long to show up and start doing damage control.

>> No.2670127

>>2670095
>http://shop.krikzz.com/Super-EverDrive-v2-SPEDV2.htm

>79.99

am i missing something here?

>> No.2670129

>>2670114
Which posts are shills? I don't see any that blatantly make any claims without some form of evidence to back them up, apart from that Chinese guy near the beginning.

>> No.2670130

>>2670092
Ok, so after looking for Everdrive clones on AliExpress, it seems the answer to my question is that the cheapest flashcart you can get for any of those systems is a Chinese Mega Everdrive for $43. Even the Chinese NES Everdrive is like $80. I don't see why those are so much more expensive, but there you go.

>> No.2670137

>>2670106
A reasonable price will vary a lot from person to person. You get people now and again who'll spend shitloads of money they don't even have on stuff like Earthbound, PDS or whatever happens to be popular that month, to emulator addicts to whom any amount of money for a game is too much. They all try to justify it one way or another.

>> No.2670139

Jesus fuck. Not this bullshit again.

>>2670080
>Are the knock offs better than the originals?
>No

They're perfectly fine. Just because something is based on Chinese manufacturing doesn't mean it's automatically shit. DS Flash cards are all designed and manufactured by Chinese companies. None of the cards I've owned have failed so far, and they have over 99% compatibility. There's zero reason to overpay for a Flash cart.

>>2670010
>We buy Chinese clones from AliExpress

This man has the right idea. There are more places to get them than just AliExpress, though. Most any of the Chinese distributors do deliver on their promises, although shipping can take weeks at a time.

>> No.2670146

>>2670137
>A reasonable price will vary a lot from person to person.
Yes, this is exactly my point. Right now a few interested people are willing to buy flashcarts at high prices, and a few other people are also interested but not willing to pay the price.

But you can't just say that people who think flashcarts are "too expensive" are objectively wrong. Like you said, we just have to acknowledge that people are not going to have exactly the same idea of how much they are willing to spend.

>> No.2670148

>>2670127
>am i missing something here?

Yeah, the numerous carts that over $100 and featured prominently on the same page that you just linked to.

>> No.2670152

>>2670148

but the one for SNES, which is what OP pictured, is $80

>some computers cost $5000
>therefore all computers are expensive

how dense are you

>> No.2670167

To anyone who is genuinely curious about Everdrives or whatever, don't pay any attention to that ONE guy who keeps shilling the clones on AliExpress. He has this vendetta because Krikzz (Everdrive creator) banned him on his forums a few years back for stirring up other shit for no reason.

As a result, almost every time someone mentions flash carts on this board he shows up and relentlessly rips into anyone and everyone who even mentions Everdrives. If you just look at his posts in this thread you'll see exactly what I mean.

>> No.2670170

>>2670152
You are arguing with the angry chinaman don't bother. Krikzz insulted his ancestors many moons ago and now he has dedicated his life to making people buy his cheap but still functional knockoffs.

>> No.2670174

>>2670050
By that logic, no one with a quality upscaler would "skrimp" by buying flash cartridges period, Idiot. Does it make you feel superior to waste money?

There are no Chinese XRGB clones, therefore someone who wants a quality upscaler has no choice but to pay a premium.

>> No.2670180

>>2670152
>The shittier SNES Flash cart with no compatibility is $80 + extra for additional features that are selected from the item page's drop-down menu
>The only half-way decent SNES Flash cart is $190

How dense are YOU?

>> No.2670182

>>2670167
What's wrong with buying the clones? Other than not supporting the guy who spent thousands of hours developing the hardware of course. (But if I'm buying what is essentially a piracy-enabling device, do you really expect me to respect content creators or spend any more than the minimum possible amount of money?)

I mean is there something actually bad about them?

>> No.2670192

Forgetting price for a moment because honestly +/- $100 is nothing in the long run, where is the safest place to buy an everdrive or its equivalent online?

>> No.2670193

>>2670182

You're arguing with a shill, or shills. I really have no idea how many of them keep samefagging. Either way, it's fruitless. Just report and hide the thread. Maybe a mod will eventually deal with it, but I'm sure they'll resurrect this topic again in the future.

>> No.2670201

>>2670180
Dude I have an SD2SNES and you're so full of shit. All you get for the extra money is a few other games that you could probably buy the Japanese versions of for less than the price of an SD2Snes.

>>2670182
I've heard the NES one has some game compatibility issues and they don't support updates in the off chance anything meaningful is every added to them. They're also rather cheaply made but I've never heard of one crapping out so that's probably not an issue.
So short answer: Not really.

>>2670192
Check to see if he has any distributors in your area. If not direct from him. It took about a week for me to get mine from him in Bongland.

>> No.2670208

>>2670182
According to the Chinese guy that posts here they are absolutely infallible and never have any problems. In reality though problems are known to happen now and again. Try the reviews for the Super UFO 8 on Amazon for example. Shit happens. The majority will work fine, but if you do end up buying from China you're pretty much fucked if something does go wrong.

The same stuff happens with the genuine Everdrives but the Everdrive guy is notoriously good with fixing that stuff. Usually always if someone has a problem with one of the products he's sold, he'll take it back for free repair no questions asked.

When buying from China you do save a bit, but there is also the chance it ends up being a paperweight.

>> No.2670216

>>2670174
Not that guy, but there's one helluva difference between the cost of a $400 upscaler and a complete library of games even just for one system.

>> No.2670217

>>2670193
I'm not arguing with anyone. What are you talking about? I am interested in flashcarts because they seem like a relatively inexpensive way to actually use the consoles I have. I'm just looking for information.

>>2670208
Ok, so it's mostly a difference in the customer service you can expect, basically. If you do buy, say, a Super UFO 8 from Amazon though, doesn't amazon guarantee that you can return it? I suppose if it craps out after 6 months or something you'd be screwed, but if it's DOA I'm under the impression that you're supposed to be able to get your money back.

Chinese clones on aliexpress of course are another matter.

>> No.2670219

>>2670201
>>2670180

http://www.stoneagegamer.com/snes-flash-comparison.html

Are any of those differences in the comparison worth it? Is the ROM load speed that important?

>> No.2670220
File: 29 KB, 225x225, hurrdurr.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>This thread
>"I know! I'm going to bully and insult anyone who doesn't want to buy my products! That'll surely boost sales!"

Alienating potential customers isn't a good sales tactic, mate. And even if you're not a shill, generally being an asshole while simultaneously trying to represent your favorite brand certainly does nothing to help its popularity.

>> No.2670221

>>2670217
Yeah, that sounds right. I think Amazon are fine with that stuff, I just wouldn't expect AliExpress to have the same standard.

>> No.2670223

>>2670201
>Check to see if he has any distributors in your area
He? He who? I want to make sure my bank account info is safe. Which websites sell these things reliably?

>> No.2670228

>>2670216
Not to all those rich people with gilded buttholes like >>2670050. Besides, you're not going to PLAY the entire library. If you even attempt to choose directly from a complete romset you'll be overwhelmed by having your choice of anything and play nothing.

>> No.2670229

>>2670220
Give it up Mr. Chinaman with the Everdrive vendetta, you're not fooling anyone. Every time you get overwhelmed you end up posting the same stupid memes because you can't form a legitimate response.

>> No.2670235

>>2670219
So not even the three hundred dollar flashcart supports SuperFX? I've read that the bottom of the barrel UFO Pro 8 supports it if you plug a cart containing the chip in on top of the unit.

>> No.2670243

>>2670223
There's a list of resellers on his site - shop.krikzz.com/aboutus.sc

They charge a markup, so it's usually cheaper to buy direct from him.

>> No.2670247

>>2670219
The only things that matter are the supported chips so look at what games use them to determine if it's worth the extra money. It's worth noting that despite S-DD1 not being supported Star Ocean has been made to run on the SD2SNES.

>> No.2670251

>>2670235
>I've read that the bottom of the barrel UFO Pro 8 supports it if you plug a cart containing the chip in on top of the unit.
Lies. I can personally confirm this is not true and I fucked up my UFO's ability to read flash in the process of confirming it.

>> No.2670253

>>2670228
You've certainly convinced me. It's much cheaper just to buy legit carts of my favorites like Earthbound instead.

Oh wait.

>> No.2670254

>>2670251
Ok, that's good to know. I wonder why that lie floats around.

>> No.2670258

>>2670254
So people will spend money on their product. Same reason Sammy Chin won't shut up about his bootlegs.

>> No.2670263

>>2670247
So the difference in ROM load speed is insignificant?

>> No.2670264

>>2670258
But if it's so easily disproved, I'm surprised I don't just see strong objections to it everywhere saying "not true, doesn't work."

>> No.2670265

>>2670254
AFAIK, the passthrough only works for DSP-1 games like Mario Kart or Pilotwings.

There was a guy who made a thread a while back claiming to have had StarFox working on his UFO with the passthrough, but that did go against what everyone else has been saying for years. Honestly it sounds like something the Chinese guy here would do.

>> No.2670270

>>2670263
That's up to you, obviously! Do you mind waiting 2 minutes for a large ROM to load? Then the slower speed is fine. Smaller ROMs will load faster of course. It's just a matter of your preference.

>> No.2670272

>>2670263
I've never used the Super Everdrive so I can't say for certain but the difference probably isn't more than a few seconds. I can say that it's quite nice on the SD2SNES but by no means should be your main reason to pay extra.

>> No.2670296

>>2670265
You're probably referring to me. You CAN get special chip games to run from the DRAM but only if you have the exact same game in the cart slot so it kind of defeats the point.

>> No.2670302

>>2670270
Is twenty seconds for the biggest games.

>> No.2670307

Why is /vr/ so paranoid about shills?

>> No.2670309

>>2670296
I didn't read the thread, but that does explain why it was StarFox in the passthrough slot.

>> No.2670325

>>2670307
Whenever someone mentions flash carts literally one guy appears and posts the same pattern of ramblings telling everyone to buy from China and that anyone who likes Everdrives is wrong and a shill. The exact same thing happens whenever someone mentions RetroArch in an emulator thread. For all we know they could be the same guy.

As for general shilliness, it's been known to happen. I'm told the buy/sell/trade threads stopped happening because resellers came in and started taking advantage. There have been an unusual amount of repro threads appearing more and more recently as well. Considering they're piss easy to make it's not beyond reason that there would be people trying to take advantage. Can't really prove anything on an anonymous Chinese image board though.

The general rule is to do your own research on any product recommended to you here and make up your own mind.

>> No.2670376

>>2670174
>no one with a quality upscaler would "skrimp" by buying flash cartridges period, Idiot.
Fan translations, hacks, homebrew, etc.

>> No.2670437

>>2670309
I could do the same thing with SMW2 too but if I put Starfox in the slot with SMW2 in the DRAM it won't boot despite them both being SuperFX games.

>> No.2670443

Why would you get one of these when you could just get a raspberry pi or something and make a little emulation station.

>> No.2670445

>>2670001
>Not even baiting
>Posts mater bait

>> No.2670472

>>2670228
>Not to all those rich people with gilded buttholes like

I had a childhood friend that was truly and outrageously rich (my family didn't joke either at the time) and his father would still mind his money, sure he would loose 50.000€ in a day playing cards and nothing would change for him, but he wouldn't spend 300€ on something if there was something equal at 50€.
I'm not even sure that people screaming poor are actually rich themselves, they act differently.

>> No.2670483

Wait till Black Friday, he usually has a sale on, not cheaper than ordering +10, but cheaper

>>2670235
It has to be the same game that you have plugged in the top.
Totally pointless.
I had a Super UFO pro 8 it was ok, the 6 character limit was annoying, anything over and you got ~ on the end, as was menu scrolling.

Got a Super Everdrive afterwards (with a DSP chip in) and im glad I did

>> No.2670486

>>2670272
The difference is more than a few seconds but not more than a minute for any game afaik. Still, once the rom is loaded you can start it instantly, until you load a different rom. Rom load speed definitely isn't worth any extra money unless you're a speedrunner or something.

>>2670102
Megaman X3 doesn't work on an Everdrive, it has a special chip. X1 works though, and so do numerous other expensive games.

>> No.2670501

I have the basic super everdrive, no it doesnt play games with extra chips in them (starfox, yoshis island, mario rpg, megaman x2 and x3, kirbys super star/dreamland3 etc), but everything else works perfectly, even some/most rom hacks too.

I also have n64 everdrive and it works with just about everything, pal and ntsc.

>> No.2670502
File: 120 KB, 528x650, popcorn.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>shills unwittingly shilling other shills

This is a new low for /vr/

>> No.2670508

>>2670296
Oh, so my copy of Stunt Race FX won't help me play other superfx games. Damn.

>> No.2670515

Why spend money on a flash cart when you can get a Wii for under $40 plus a component cable for around $10, hack it, and play all these roms nice and crisp on a CRT?

>> No.2670518

>>2669995
I own an Everdrive MD. Original. Don't buy chinkshit.

Reason: Chinkshit does not properly apply MegaKey to certain games. Also, Krikz is a bro and we absolutely should shower him with money so he keep making new versions.

>> No.2670523

>>2670515
>Wii for under $40

Where ?
With controllers etc. ?
The lowest i've seen it's 60+

>> No.2670525

>>2670515
>no one's posted this shit itt yet
>better post it

>> No.2670598

>>2670523
Well obviously the shitposter wasn't talking about ebay was he sport? I can get a new one for less than $60 and have bought many complete second hand systems for $20.

>> No.2670620

>>2670307
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Shill_gambit

>> No.2670631

>>2669995
>>2670010
>>2670015
>>2670114
>>2670502
>>2670129
>>2670167
>>2670307
>>2670325
>>2670193
>>2670220
>mfw the word 'shill' is used over 20 times in this thread
you kids are like a bunch of parrots, not everything is a 'shill' or a 'meme' jesus christ grow up and form some original rational thoughts

>> No.2670635

>>2669995
I have a super everdrive and it works great. Doesn't run enhancement chip games though.

>> No.2670640

>>2670010
>Irregardless

So you do it because of what the shills say?

>> No.2670653

>>2670631
OP fucked up when he used that word in the first post, acting as a beacon for all the paranoid loons on /vr/ to come rant.

>> No.2670703

>>2669995
I have a SNES everdrive, and it's hands down one of my best 'retro' items.

This will vary from person to person, but for me the everdrive really helps me enjoy the game as originally intended --- since it's hooked up to an old TV, and doesn't support anything like save states.

Some people may either welcome the save states, or simply have no problem abstaining, but for me it's a totally different experience knowing that the only way to make through a hard section is to get better at the game.

>> No.2670705

>>2670015

What is the best DS flasshcart? I was given an RD4 for free and it kind of sucks. Savegames don't work, and the interface is idiotic.

>> No.2670736

I must be retarded or something but I can't find ANY of the Genesis/Mega Drive everdrives on AliExpress.

I saw them last week on there.

>> No.2670804

>>2670703
I have a 20 year old Chinese SNES copier and it's hand down one of my best 'retro' items. It really helps me enjoy the games as I originally intended. With saves states, just like I used to do 20 years ago. I also enjoy playing DSP games without having to solder an extra chip into it.

>>2670705
>the interface I choose to use is idiotic
And who's fault is that? Load something you like.

>> No.2670812

Got a Super ED. Ordered it about 2-3 weeks ago, surprised it got here this quickly(from Kritzz or however you spell it).

Been running through and checking all SNES games on an emulator, seeing which were worth putting on it and which I was better off deleting. Up to about 175 games on the ED, not counting romhacks.

Can't wait to test it, except I don't have my SNES power brick, since my cousin borrowed it since he lost his.

>> No.2670830

>Everdrive shills, REEEE
>ecelebs, not Arino? REEEE
>MY WIFE LOVES RETRON, REEEE
>Is that a GBA? REEEE
>Genesis vs SNES? REEEE
>Cutting up a Famicom? REEEE
Seriously what's with /vr/ and it's choice of memes/autism, it has to be the same group of people because this board isn't nearly active enough to not be.

>> No.2670862

>>2670830
>my maymay is REEEE, REEEE

>> No.2670930

>>2670515
What's the best console to emulate other consoles with and display on the TV?
I know Wii and original XBOX are popular. Are there any other contenders?

>> No.2671014

>>2670015
krikzz builds these by hand, you fucking retard. there is a reason why the chinese clones cost 1/2 the price.

they also stole his design. he didn't just snap his fingers and suddenly a fucking flash cart appeared. lots of R&D goes into it. time == money.

of course, from the sound of it, you're some poor neckbeard faggot who works at best buy, so it's really no surprise that you're a cheap piece of shit who'd rather buy a chinese knockoff.

>>2670050
thank you.

>>2670080
i've owned a china bootleg and a real one. the china bootlegs are based on the older v1 design and have some odd quirks. in general, they're fine, but unsupported.

>>2670208
the UFO 8 is crap.

>>2670201
>Bongland

Jamica? Netherlands?

>>2670251
yup, it's 100% not true. it does not fucking work.

>>2670265
DSP support seems plausible, because the old Chinese copiers also supported DSP games if you had a DSP cart inserted, either a real game with a DSP chip, or the special DSP "cart" they sold for the copiers.

>>2670307
because they are fucking neckbeards.

>> No.2671035

>>2671014
Do you think krikkz knows that there's bootlegs? Has he openly addressed?

>> No.2671052

>>2670830
>Everdrive shills, REEEE
Stupid trolls trying to troll.
>ecelebs, not Arino? REEEE
Autists angry over opinions.
>MY WIFE LOVES RETRON, REEEE
/v/-tier meme spam, was funny the first time, hasn't been since.
>Is that a GBA? REEEE
Sometimes legit, other times it's just some troll trying to start shit with people who can't read.
>Genesis vs SNES? REEEE
Console wars are for losers anyways.
>Cutting up a Famicom? REEEE
I can understand being disappointed when someone decides to destroy a Sega CDX or Virtual Boy and rice it out with blue LEDs and some stupid paintjob, but that is just autism.

You forgot a few.
>Not playing Arcade games 1CC? REEEE
>Playing on an HD TV without upscaler? REEEE
>Playing on an emulator with messed up aspect ratio? REEEE
>Playing on an emulator with filters? REEEE
>Playing on an emulator? REEEE
>Selling items at current market value? REEEESELLER!

Which are all autism, except the last one which is just whining.

>>2671014
He is talking about ED shills, which don't exist since people actually want these things. It's obvious bait. Why did you respond?

>> No.2671058

>>2671052
you forgot
>Playing ? PLAYING ??????? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!1ONEELEVEN!!!!!

>> No.2671059

I wouldn't bother.

I just have my laptop connected to my TV.

>> No.2671064

>>2670736
Here's the cheapest one
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Free-shipping-sega-16-bit-game-card/927177_32460318157.html

>> No.2671074

>>2671014
>the UFO 8 is crap.
Why is it crap? I have never owned a flashcart before and I'm not sure if I would even use one if I had it, so understandably I'm factoring price into my decision of whether or not to buy one of any kind. The UFO is the cheapest, so I'd consider buying it unless I heard there was something seriously wrong with it that would damage my enjoyment.

>>Bongland
>Jamica? Netherlands?
It means the United Kingdom. "BONG" like the sound Big Ben makes, not bong like a glass waterpipe.

>yup, it's 100% not true. it does not fucking work.
Sounds like it's been confirmed that it works only if the game on top is identical to the ROM being loaded. So, it's useless as a feature and absolutely predatory and misleading to advertise, but there is in fact a grain of truth to it.

>> No.2671081

>>2670253
>>2670472
>Literally not understanding sarcasm.
Whatever, at least you guys agree that there's no earthly reason to pay 50% extra to buy an American version.

>>2670254
Honestly it's probably a mistranslation that got amplified by overzealous western marketers and became a dubious "feature"

>> No.2671113

>>2671081
>>Literally not understanding sarcasm.
I have no stake in this, but what part of
>Besides, you're not going to PLAY the entire library
was "sarcasm"? Are you saying you think most people who buy flashcarts DO actually want to play the entire library? Somehow it doesn't seem like this.

>Honestly it's probably a mistranslation that got amplified
You know, that sounds very plausible. It's probably something like that.

>> No.2671117

>>2671052
>>2671058
>inserting a cartridge into a console
REEREKRERERERERfewrafe

>> No.2671136

>>2671052
You don't joke about not using the correct aspect ratio. That thing killed my aunt.

(8:7 vs 4:3 whichever is ok for SNES though, since at least 8:7 is square pixels so might be appropriate sometimes, but if ever see 16:9...)

>> No.2671203

>>2671035
yes he knows and yes he's addressed.

>>2671074
short filenames, shitty menus, hard to scroll through game lists, compatibility can be wonky, saves work but it's annoying to deal with, 32Mbit max, takes forever to load, works better with headered ROMs (good luck!)

>> No.2671258

>>2670830
you realize /vr/ is one of the most autistic boards on this site? It's not surprising

>> No.2671347

>>2671035
I doubt it. Since he's sold the parts for authorized assembly they aren't bootlegs. At least that's what he said when he did address it.

>>2671203
>compatibility can be wonky
This is true. It's only slightly better than the ED.
Also bugs like being able to dump carts, transfer saves from/to carts, and being able to play DSP games is super annoying.

>> No.2671394

>>2671117
>taking the cartridge out of its box
rrrrrrRREEEEEEEEEEE!

>> No.2671405

Say I got a Super UFO 8, would I be able to play Starfox 2 on it using a Yoshi's Island cart plugged in on top?

>> No.2671538

> skim through this thread

Yeah, I'll just stick to emulators

>> No.2671552

>>2671405
Won't work. The one guy who got Starfox working had Starfox in the passthrough slot and wasn't able to get anything else working.

>> No.2671712

>>2671552
I think I could imagine why

You'd need every variation of the SuperFX chip for full compatibility, right? Mario 1, GSU-1, GSU-2, and GSU-2-SP1?

>> No.2671718

>>2671712
Most of the revisions are only labeled differently. There's one that runs at 10.5Mhz or so, and another that runs at double that. Unfortunately that's probably not anything to do with why it won't run on the UFO. I'm pretty sure people have successfully overclocked the SuperFX itself or replaced the slower version with the fast version without any problems.

>> No.2671740

>>2670010
>Lots of /vr/ primarily emulates some even exclusively although most of those are contemptible for semi-related reasons.

Why are collectors so intent on putting down the people who just want to play the games? I really wish we had less of this around here.

>> No.2671743

>>2670020
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/irregardless

You are literally retarded.

>> No.2671759

I have an SD2SNES and what I am pretty sure is a Mega Everdrive clone.

I have a fair (but not unlimited) disposable income and have no NTSC collection for either console, so my decision was fairly easy. They aren't cheap though and even with the SD2SNES there are compatibility issues (no SuperFX and no SA-1 support, meaning no Kirby Superstar or Dreamland 3).

They're easy to use and pretty painless to set up - you're paying a higher price for convenience basically. So long as you understand that and factor it unto your value calculation, you shouldn't be disappointed by a flash cart.

MSU-1 support and the ability to play romhacks on original hardware are cute but I wouldn't say they're game changers. SD2SNES does some clever things that speedrunners like (like savestates for practicing) or so I'm told, if that's your thing.

>> No.2671776

>>2670010
>AliExpress

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/AliExpress

>> No.2671785

>>2671743
>considered incorrect in standard English

The only retard here is you.

>> No.2671789

>>2671776
People aren't exactly going to leave feedback on a site like that if they had a good time.

I've ordered around 20 products from AliExpress, all from different chinks. I've never had a single issue. All my flashcarts are from them, too, because I'm not stupid enough to pay twice the price for a slight update that includes a fucking battery that has to be replaced occasionally and saving without hitting reset.

>> No.2671792

>>2671789
Are you talking about the Super EverDrive or the SD2SNES?

>> No.2671795

>>2671792
Super EverDrive clone. The SD2SNES really offered nothing I wanted, the few chip games worth playing are easy to pick up from Japan for a few bucks each, and it doesn't support half of them anyway.

Also got the MD and N64 flashcarts, they all work a treat.

>> No.2671806

>>2671785
You think fucking 4chan is limited to "standard English" and you're calling me a retard? That's rich. I bet you literally get your panties in a twist over literally too.

>> No.2671812

>>2671806
hell yea bro we tipe how we feel :))))))))) wen are they ading emoji 100%

>> No.2671829

>>2671812
You seem upset.

>> No.2671837
File: 1.59 MB, 325x235, 1440413299403.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2671829

>> No.2671858

>>2671837
Ohh just hungry? That's cool.

>> No.2671942

>>2671806
thou shalt start posting in victorian english doodeth

>> No.2671975

>>2669995
>$60
>plays anything without a special chip
>can play dsp1 games with donor chip installed (ballz $5)
sounds like a solid investment to me

>>2670015
>Given how overpriced they are, no.
Given the cost of legit & repros of Earthbound, Final Fantasy, Secret of Mana, etc are, you are a) an idiot or b) a reseller

>> No.2672161

>>2671795
SN2SNES IS A SCAM. 4-5 years later and the piece of shit does not support any additional chips, nor has C4 clock speed been fixed.

>> No.2672643

>>2672161
SN2SNES sounds like a scam, SD2SNES isn't much better to be honest. They open-sourced the code and I think they believed the community would write the SuperFX/2 code for them and fix the CX4 as well. That hasn't happened, so it's still the same state it has been for some time. One of the major reasons why I went with a Super ED instead.

>>2671975
Going with Michael Andretti's myself, was about the same price. Good thing there were so many crappy games with DSP-1's.

>> No.2672652

>>2671740
If you can't be bothered to even go out and buy a fucking Game Boy to get a tiny little feel of a fully authentic retro experience then GTFO. At LEAST keep it to yourself because you will never get respect for it.

>> No.2672670

>>2672643
>SN2SNES sounds like a scam, SD2SNES isn't much better to be honest.
hey now. obvious typo is obvious, my friend.

>> No.2672672

>>2672652
you sound like a shitty hipster

>> No.2672683

>>2672652

> At LEAST keep it to yourself because you will never get respect for it.

Enjoy your "respect" while circlejerking about how "superior" your real hardware is while everyone else enjoys playing games in the way they choose

>> No.2672704

So I'm considering just getting an ever drive China. Apparently it's just an ever drive 1. 50 bucks worth?

>> No.2672826

>>2672670
Oh please, the two keys aren't even next to each other, I get to point and laugh.

>>2671740
There's a few types of collectors. There are the people who owned these things as a kid and are now reliving the experience. There are those that weren't around for it, but got into it and want the real thing. There are those that collect for some vague form of "gamer cred", but I have no idea who they are seeking that cred from. There are the resellers who are trying to turn a buck on something trendy. Then there are these guys:
>>2672652
They've gone out and spent money on stuff like the grey brick GB, the Virtual Boy, a Game Gear, Power Glove, etc, and now have buyers regret since they either aren't enjoying their purchase, or realize they have no use for the item at all. Is it crap? NO! It's part of "the collection". Gotta feel superior on that buyers regret man.

Protip: Those that actually enjoy what they got are too busy enjoying it to give a shit what others are doing.

>> No.2673042

>>2670015
It's useful for the Sega Genesis to load different region Bios and play master system games without the expensive converter which in it's self cost around $50-60

>> No.2673078

>>2672652
>buying a gameboy
I hate to break it to you buddy, but the Game Boy Player with hacked GC and modded boot disc is the objectively best way to play most Game Boy games.

An imported Super Game boy 2, or the original with a crystal mod, is the best way to play a few GB games that have bonus features.

>> No.2673189

>>2673078
This. I carry a GC, GB Player and CRT in my pocket wherever I go because it's so much better.

>> No.2673190

>>2673189
>I play games outside because I like looking like a fucking gimboid

>> No.2673213

Say what you will about the SD2SNES, but it remains one of the only fully open source flash carts there is. Firmware, bootloader and everything you need to build your own is on github.

>> No.2673215

>>2669995
I have a SNES and Genesis Everdrive and theya re the best things ever. Saves a fucking fortune and its identicval to the actual carts.

>> No.2673218

>>2673215
You had better have buy from china roundeye

>> No.2673257

>>2669995
hey OP, since you asked if getting a usb controller and using the PC is an option, Ill just drop my two cents, I have a modded wii and a modded ps3 which I use to get my emulation on, I noticed lurking around here for a while that the autism levels on /vr are sky-high, I never got a definitve answer why an original console would be better other than 100% perfect play and the feels. If you don't care that some games won't emulate 100% correct like I do, I would suggest just getting a usb controller (maybe ps3/ps4/xbox laying around) and a raspberry Pi

>> No.2673262
File: 165 KB, 250x359, 250px-Halo_Combat_Evolved_cover.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2673257
yeah man too much autism not enough people playing games for functional adults.

>> No.2673343

Are the Nintendo system Everdrives accurate? I'm considering getting a Super Everdrive but I know that games for those systems always had different technical stuff going on (like the hirom/lorom stuff for the SNES, the expansion chips, etc.) and I know that the Everdrive seems to emulate some of those chips apparently but does it actually do a good job of that? That's my main concern with it, I guess, the accuracy of it all. I've heard that the Famicom expansion audio apparently isn't accurate on the Everdrive N8 but I've never heard it in person nor have I heard any actual Famicom music in person that uses expansion audio, so I have no idea how to tell. I was interested in getting one to play Mr. Gimmick but the audio is obviously a huge deal with that game and if it doesn't sound right I'm worried it'll be a waste of money.

>> No.2673362

>>2673343
I think the audio expansion is more of an NES problem than the Everdrive N*''s problem. The everdrive is just used to load software or rom image files and doesn't alter the system itself, so if you want to play something with expanded audio I'm afraid you're gonna have to mod your NES.

>> No.2673365

>>2673343
>the autism levels on /vr are sky-high, I never got a definitve answer why an original console would be better other than 100% perfect play

this

>> No.2673369

>>2673257

i recently bought a pi and am reasonably happy with it.

if you already own a laptop + hdmi cable though, it's not worth it.

>> No.2673393

>>2673343
It's not going to be a problem. The SNES has two very well understood mappers (hirom, lorom) that cover at least 98% of its games.

>> No.2673394

>>2671806
>>2671743
Thanks for defending me, Buddy. You're my white knight,

He didn't see my response >>2670043 as fit to reply to.

>>2672672
Hipsters emulate people like me.

>>2672683
Okay, fine. I will. My point is not to directly DIS-respnect emulation. Even I do it probably more than I don't. However, if you're really "just trying to play the games" then talk about the fucking games. If you get triggered and sperg out to defend your emulation-only lifestyle you can bet your ass I'm going to disrespect that and you, ya fucking self-doubting simp.

>>2672826
I don't have buyers remorse since I bought the vast majority of that shit for a few bucks back before it was cool. Now I can just trade to fill in the gaps. L2Old

>>2673078
See I was just reading about this and it's relevant to my interests since I have a Game Boy Player but no boot disc. Is the mod just a memory card softmod now like the Freedom exploit I've been using on my PS2? I hear there's a better one of those now too I should really put on a different memory card before Freedom fucks up on me and I can't FTP to the memory cards anymore.

>>2673189
>>2673190
I wish I still had enough idle time when I'm away from home to play games, although I do play a lot of stuff on handhelds while I'm keeping an eye on my 2-year-old as he goes through his exploring phase. His name's Link

>> No.2673412
File: 512 KB, 480x270, 1441637324922.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2673394
>His name's Link

>> No.2673415

>>2673394
>His name's Link
Just sell him to human traffickers now, he'll have an easier life

>> No.2673432

>>2673412
>>2673415
Hey, you guys read through the whole post to get to that point though. I may have been diagnosed on the spectrum were I younger than I am but now thirty-some years later with only self-medication and personally created cognitive therapy I'm actually seen as an extremely cool guy, just Albuquerque. It's actually just short for Lincoln

>> No.2673440
File: 54 KB, 267x200, make_it_stop.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>I love my EverDrive! $200 for a Flash cart that doesn't play games with special chips is so awesome and affordable!
>Use RetroArch!
>lol, emulation doesn't count. Just buy the original games from honest, hardworking resellers like me!
>Retron 5 saved my marriage!
>Hey /vr/, did you reserve your Raspberry Pi yet?!

>> No.2673483 [SPOILER] 
File: 152 KB, 1050x1050, 1441903760655.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2673440
I'm so sorry that you're upset, fellow Anon. You should play your favorite relaxing game.

Did you know that relaxing games have been scientifically proven to be 40% more relaxing when played through full immersion using a product like Google Cardboard? Don't use the cheap ones they cause eye strain you need a fully adjustable product like the VR Box©

>> No.2673512

>>2673440
Why is everyone on /vr/ so fucking insane?

No one is forcing you to do -anything- for all I dont care you can emulate everything using a computer from 1998 with ZSNES and Nesticle.

I think using a Raspberry Pi is the dumbest shit ever. Its a cool device, and using it to play video games is stupid.

Retron5 has its place. Its kind of neat as a supplementary device and obviously a decent way to play Gameboy and Gameboy advance games without a Super Gameboy, or Gamecube Gameboy player at home. But for most people, they're going to have the original hardware or are just emulating anyways so its kind of pointless.

Flashcarts for 200 bucks may be "expensive" but they have really good compatibility and are the only way for someone whos not really rich to play games like little samson, and mr. gimmick on original hardware without resorting to buying repros. They also allow for homebrew, and unreleased roms with english translation patches, again, without resorting to repros. They are actually really good and worth it, despite the price tag.

>hating resellers
I buy most of my games from resellers. I'm not going to lie. But I always shop around and find the best deal, and there are a few around here that can get me some good deals, and even some on eBay offer good deals and customer service.

Basically, you're just a faggot who needs to stop shitposting.

>> No.2673515

>>2673483
>that image
it's like an advertisement for the 3do only virtual reality
>asian guitar man
>1980's photo of space
>some kind of brain?
FUUUUUTUUUUUUURREEEE!!!!

>> No.2673536
File: 21 KB, 500x500, bigone.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2673512

So, there's nothing wrong with the few individuals who keep flooding the board with their products or software - everybody else on /vr/ is "insane" simply because they're tired of wading through it, and call out shills for what they are? Nobody likes advertising. /vr/ is no exception.

In case you didn't notice, other boards are plagued with the same issues. /g/ and /v/ are practically just spam boards at this point. /vr/ actually doesn't even get the same amount of spam traffic as the former boards do.

>> No.2673758

>>2673536
Do you ever buy anything, Anon? When your friend says "Hey did you know hot pepper grillers are only $1 right now at Taco Bell" do you "REEEEEEE SHILLLLLL!!!!!!!!" at them?

>> No.2673794

>>2673440
You should take a break from this 4Chan Brand Retro Games Board and take a break with a Square-Enix Brand JRPG. You can by Final Fantasy VI on any Samsung Brand Smart Phone!

Press 1 to purchase.

>> No.2673895

>>2672161
They just put out a firmware update under a month ago.

>> No.2673956

>>2670029
Not true

>> No.2673978

Dont you need to solder on your own CIC lockout chip???

>> No.2674042

>Chinese shills shilling chinese crap
>Calling Everdrive supporters shills.
>kek

>> No.2674071

>>2673190
>I don't play games outside the house
> I am the 0.0000001%

>>2673512
There are plenty of ways to play expensive games without forking out $200 for a flash cart. Cheaper flash carts, obviously. Homebrew carts. Bootlegs--like repros but a fraction the price.

>>2674042
>posted from my iphone
>made in china
>kek

>> No.2674098
File: 2.25 MB, 3200x2400, RetroArch-0829-165008.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2673440
>not using RetroArch for the life-like CRT shaders

>> No.2674103
File: 78 KB, 600x445, meanwhile-in-ukraine-parliament[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2674042

>> No.2675334

>>2673213
If it's fully open source, how come there aren't chinese clones? I only see Super ED clones.

>> No.2675340

>>2675334
Because it would still cost significantly more and with the current firmware it's literally not worth the added cost

>> No.2675371

>>2674071
omg! $200 it's so expensive!
fucking poor redneck, white trash bastard!

>> No.2675375

>>2673794

>> No.2675378

>>2674071
In your fuckin iphone like any normal guy!
not in your man child console like a retard,
just imagine the look of the girls every time someone look at you playing your stupid games in public.

>> No.2675869

>>2675371
>I wear bling to because I'm ashamed of my skin

>>2675378
I don't have to imagine the "look of the girls". I've seen it. It's a great conversation starter.

>> No.2676143

Is Everdrive working for japanese Super Famicom?

>> No.2676146

>>2676143
Obviously. Don't think you can play PAL shit, but I don't know why you'd want to.

>> No.2677190

>>2676146
what if you grew up in pal region?

>> No.2677207

>>2676146
you can play PAL games with simple region check (most of them). If the game as been PAL optimized you will run into glitches.
Games with video frequency checks like Demon's Crest, the DK games, will show a "this game pak is not designed for your console".

>> No.2678069

>>2677190
Even worse, you could grow up in secam region like krikzz. kek

>> No.2678409

>>2678069
Francophone Africa? They probably didn't even have TVs there anyway.

Oh or the Soviet Union I guess. I was just reading an article about what they had over there instead of video games.

>> No.2678512

What console has the most cartridge pins? NES has 72, seems to be the highest among the mainstream consoles as far as I can tell.

>> No.2678565

>>2678409
Former, soon to be again, Russia.

>> No.2678573

what are the best chinese knock off n64 flashcarts? I'm not in any hurry to get one asap so I'd like to find the cheapest I can without it being a piece of shit. Using an aussie (european model?) n64.

Also where the fuck do I get gamecube memory cards and sd readers? I have 1 59 block card which is enough for maybe 4 games, but I'd like to softmod my gamecube and play backups on sd so I don't have to shill out hundreds of dollars for reseller prices on popular games

>> No.2678624

>>2678573
No such thing. All modern flash carts are knock offs of ancient Chinese technology.

>> No.2678630 [DELETED] 
File: 60 KB, 800x373, url.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2678512
Ne

>> No.2678632
File: 60 KB, 800x373, url.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2678512
Neo geo, see pic.

>> No.2678642

>>2678632
Huh, 240 pins per cartridge, that's insane. I'm trying to pick out components that'd be suitable for flash carts for multiple systems so I can reuse as much software as possible. Handling that number of pins would require multiple microcontrollers and a completely unique design.

Ah well, I don't even own a Neo Geo to test on anyways.

>> No.2679654

>>2678642
But if you're going to reinvent the 20 year old MGD why not do Neo Geo like the original?

>> No.2679945

>>2678632
If cart based arcade systems count the PGM has it beat at I think 288 pins.

>> No.2679949

>>2678512
>What console has the most cartridge pins?

Saturn has a 134 pin slot AND a 100 pin slot.

>> No.2680138

>>2679949
>not counting the comm and controller ports
>pleb tier sperg

>> No.2680529

What's a cheap and reliable alternative to Everdrive for Gameboy?

>> No.2680531

>>2680529
EZflash and GB/C emulator on a GBA

>> No.2680532

>>2680531
I mean for a regular Gameboy.

I only have a GBA and a Gameboy Pocket, so considering I don't have any backlit console I'd rather deal with the Pocket screen.

>> No.2680535

>>2680532
Then nothing.

>> No.2680536

>>2678573
Get a Wii and hook up a hard drive. It still plays gamecube games natively.

>> No.2680545

>>2680532
>no access to a backlit screen

So you want to dish out $80 for a mono GB Flash cart when you could buy a backlit SP for less? That's idiotic. Hell, you can even buy a DS + a DS Flash cart for less than that.

Don't be a tool. Everdrives are way overpriced and are in no way cost efficient, especially considering their compatibility issues. Second-hand GB games are dirt cheap right now anyway.

>> No.2680573

>>2680545
>So you want to dish out $80 for a mono GB Flash cart when you could buy a backlit SP for less?

I asked for a cheaper alternative, and the AGS-101 will cost me 100€ at best on ebay.

>> No.2680591

>>2680573
>I'm not willing to stalk Craigslist for an ignor-anus that doesn't know the SP they're selling is a 101

>> No.2680597

>>2680591
You keep assuming that I do retarded things.

I live in Spain, craiglist activity here is almost non existant and I've already searched on the usual preowned marked websites here. Things like the AGS-101 aren't common and people selling them are massive jews, with prices higher than eBay's.

>> No.2680598

>>2680591
>You should pay money to emulate

>> No.2680608

>>2680598
You're right he should just play those GB/C games on his phone.

Fucking retard.

>>2680597
Look, I don't know how much shit costs in Spain. For all I know you could just drive to the Ukraine and get an Everdrive directly from Krikzz for less than it might cost you to import.

For most people, with normal access to shit the cheapest option is using an EZFlash on a GBA.

>> No.2680617

>>2680573

Did you even attempt to search eBay before posting? I'm seeing SP 101s in the range of $60, some bundled with games:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Game-Boy-Advance-SP-Blue-System-W-6-Games-AGS-101-Brighter-Screen-/381401096578?hash=item58cd46e182

Then there's always craiglist, flea markets and yard sales, which will be substantially cheaper.

The only way I can see an SP being a costly investment is if you're importing it because there are presumably none distributed in your country. Even then, I can't imagine international shipping for an SP being that outrageous.

And the original DS models should be even cheaper than an SP 101 right now.

>> No.2680635

>>2680608
Shame there isn't a convenient flash cart that'd work on the hardware he already has...

>> No.2680640

>>2680635
You mean the one he specifically asked for alternatives to?

>> No.2680643
File: 124 KB, 399x355, 1441648065957.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2680640
Well clearly there aren't any if he is physically incapable of buying a GBA huh?

>> No.2683630
File: 116 KB, 555x288, putin tank1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2680608
>drive to the Ukraine
I'm headed that way. Need a lift?

>> No.2684240

>>2673536
Being this paranoid should require being commited to a mental institution. While there's no doubt advertising or shilling occurs, thinking that you've found shilling in every single post that mentions whatever it is that triggers you is a sign of a mental illness. You're doing nothing but lower the quality of the board when you "cry shill" constantly at every percieved threat, and also cheapening the word "shill" by overusing like this. We're at the point where "shill" basically means "people who recommend things I don't like".

Please, just stop posting, the board will better without you.

>> No.2685991 [DELETED] 

>> No.2686029

>>2684240

lol you're not fooling anybody. /vr/ really needs post IDs so we can crackdown on the shills samefagging their own threads

>> No.2686189
File: 28 KB, 256x191, Maridia.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2670010
>>2670015
Someone gimme a link to a chinese snes flashcart that works.

And by works I mean
>plays Super Mario World and Super Metroid correctly
>will automatically put the save file back on the SD card when I switch games, and automatically load it when I go back to that game
>will play ROMs greater than the 32KB or whatever limit the UFO had (I want my romhacks god damn it)

I want a flashcart solely to play Super Mario World and Super Metroid romhacks.
>why not emulate
Input lag and frame drop, that's fucking why

I tried aliexpress and found a bunch of gay snes controllers.

pls help

>> No.2686676

>>2686029
Then you'd be proven wrong and required to shut the fuck up forever.

>> No.2687246

>>2686029
Probably not a great idea. It might turn out there are only 3 people on the board.
During the summer there's 4 because there's one schizophrenic kid who posts a lot and argues with himself.

>> No.2687269

>>2669995
Getting real tired of these fucking shills. Yeah thanks for the daily reminder about Everdrive, I'll buy one, I'll buy three. Any distributor you belong to, I'll get it from there. Fuck.

>> No.2687273

>>2687269
This thread is well over a week old

>> No.2687276

>>2686676
Don't think that would be enough to stop him.

>shill has a dynamic ip
>shill is using proxies
>shill is getting/paying all his friends to shill

It doesn't even faze me any more that there's a guy that goes apeshit every time someone mentions Everdrives or Retroarch.

>> No.2687387

>>2671785
>standard English
Lucky we speak murkan here faggot!

>> No.2687449

>>2687387
says the one still using british units

>> No.2687497

le shill conspiracy!!!

You're all retarded.

>> No.2687751

>>2687449
>british units
>british
says the one who can't use any form of the language correctly

>> No.2688376 [DELETED] 

Shill thread #2516760
Not even /vr/ is safe from what /v/ is constantly getting fucked by

>> No.2688721

>>2687497
The people screaming "shill" are trolls, stop replying. As I've said in other threads, no one shills items that people actually WANT to buy. That's why you see the Retron being sold and advertised everywhere, because no one in their right mind wants one.

>> No.2688879

>>2688721
Your understanding of the meaning of the word shill is inconceivable.

>> No.2689017

>>2688721
tbh fam, Retron 3 is fairly legit if you have your own controllers.

While away at college I'd have a Retron 3 with Genny & SNES Everdrive on campus, but leave my OG systems and cart collection at my parents house. I'd just bring my controllers back and forth.

I wouldnt touch the Retron 5, but if you can find a Retron 3 for under $45, its not awful.

>> No.2689074

>>2689017
>tbh fam

Will you knock that shit off already?

>> No.2689080

>>2689074
Thats actually my first time saying it. It's grown on me. Its a p-fun way of saying "bro", tbh fam.

>> No.2689749

>>2688879
It's funny because Retron is pretty much the only thing I'm firmly convinced was ever being shilled here and then I think the Retron shilling became it's own self sustaining meme for a while that devolved into irony and the "my wife and I" meme.

Seems some people overlooked the subtlety of that phenomenon and hold pure anger in their hearts which they release at any popular product they don't like.

BTW it's entirely possible that the people who shout "shill" the loudest are resellers trying to keep the increasing legitimacy of rom playing out of the popular culture to protect their investments.

I should really think of a funny catchy thing to say to succinctly convey this theory in these circumstances.

>> No.2691129

Got my Super Everdrive v2.1 a while back, and loaded a card with about 175 games or so. I'm still going through all the ROMs to find any others that are worth playing, as well as testing SMW romhacks to see which actually work on real hardware.

Once I finally finish, would anyone here be interested in an archive or torrent or something of the remaining ROMs and romhacks? An SNES everdrive starter kit if you will.

>> No.2691398

>>2689074

smh @ u

>> No.2691408

>>2670015
>overpriced
You know what's overpriced nowadays, real game cartridges. With a flashcart you can have entire libraries of systems for the price of three or four desirable titles on the collector's market. Finding game bargains at yardsales has become a rare exception especially with everyone doublechecking ebay nowadays and thinking their scratched up piece of shit loose cartridge is worth as much as a mint boxed one.

>> No.2691456

>>2669995
Emulating nerd. My wife and I are true retro gamers - real hadware (RetroN V) and we own a huge catalogue of video games (roughly 50-60).

>> No.2691458

>>2673483
they rebranded ritech2?

>> No.2691834

Do these things really need shilling on /vr/? Is it the Chinese or Krikkzzzz? both?

>> No.2691891

>>2691834
Nobody is shilling anything, it's just some idiot saying so to start shit.

>> No.2692513

>ctrl+F shill
>54 matches
Christ /vr/

>> No.2692529

>>2669995
EverDrive still feels like emulation on a PC. Its great for backups but its a lot better to actually buy the cartridges. Always buy the real game for the best outcome. And if you do own the game and your planning on buying an everdrive just emulate on PC.

>> No.2692543

>>2689749
>increasing legitimacy of rom playing
This has increased to 100 times what it was just a few years ago
0 x 100 = 0

>> No.2692561 [DELETED] 
File: 4 KB, 115x90, snes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sorry for using this thread for my question, but you guys probably know a thing about SNES's.

What model of SNES is shown in this picture?

>> No.2692573

>>2692561
mini-snes

>> No.2692576 [DELETED] 

>>2692573

Neat. Is it a good model? I'm thinking of buying it off of the guy selling it on my local craigslist.

>> No.2692613

>>2692576
It's an alright model for the system that takes up a bit less space, and doesn't yellow. If you can get it for cheap, go for it, but if you have a model 1 available to you that should take priority.

>> No.2692614

>>2692561
hipster derailers ruin threads with mega alpha ultra shit posting.

>> No.2693142

>>2692529
>>2692543
See now this is what a reseller shill looks like

>> No.2693226

>>2693142
See now this is what a poor emubaby looks like

>> No.2693229

>>2693226
>See now this is what a manchild looks like

>> No.2693232

>>2692529
Yeah...how does an EverDrive feel like PC emulation. You are sitting in front of your comfy TV, slapping a cart into your official hardware, plugging in your official controllers and feeling that satisfying *click* as you turn the console on.

At the very worst it feels like you are playing an early demo disc on PS1 due to selecting one of several games and waiting about a minute for it to load.

>> No.2693360

>>2693232
>Yeah...how does an EverDrive feel like PC emulation.
since the previous post didn't make it clear I guess: BECAUSE YOU'RE DROPPING A BUNCH OF ROMS OF GAMES YOU PROBABLY DIDN'T PAY FOR INTO IT

>> No.2693446

>>2693360
Not that guy, but that's a mental issue.

>> No.2693671

>>2693446
Agreed. Anyone who has that "feel" has mental issues.

>> No.2694083

>>2693226
We're not even talking about emulation ITT we're talking about flashdrives. I'm actually quite a prolific collector of hardware, especially consoles themselves and playing games on real hardware from flash memory is fucking brilliant. Even when I DO decide to add a real game to my library (whether I'm buying outright or trading from my lifetime accumulation of finds from the wild) I would be foolish not to preview it for myself through reproduction or yes even (gasp!) emulation, which to reiterate is making leaps and bounds in the accuracy department.

If you really are a reseller and not just a troll pretending to have suspiciously great interest in protecting the value of retro games then know that I don't hate you back. You've driven the value of my collection so high that it's tempting to liquidate it but as foolish as I'm probably being I love my collection and will probably take this Nantucket sleighride all the way to the bottom.

>> No.2694132

>>2693360
>>2693446
>>2693671
I'm not usually one to call "shill" or "reseller" but this guy definitely has a off feel to him. I figure someone who is into retro has likely plunked down a pretty penny on some original carts themselves.

Also I initially got into retro carts so I can play retro sports games that have had their rosters altered/upgraded and games that were never released in the US. My first ED was the SNES everdrive and I bought it for The Firemen (Europe/JP release only), Tecmo Superbowl with new rosters and NBA Jam Old School Edition (Shaq&Jordan werent in the original game due to licensing issues).

If it weren't for everdrives you either would be forced to play these games on emulators on your PC or would have to wait until somebody dumps the rom onto a blank cart and pay them 60 bucks for a game that they didn't develop- ie profiting off of someone elses hard work.

>> No.2694138

>>2694132
This thread is so beyond reasonable discourse dude. Just walk away.

>> No.2696663

>>2694083
>We're not even talking about emulation ITT
Except the parts where we are.
Also, "flashdrives" are emulation. Just not shit tier emulation of the entire system.

>> No.2698510

>>2696663
What if I buy carts that span many of the popular memory mappers, modify them with removable DIP slots, and use my EEPROM programmer to write headerless ROMs to generic EEPROMSs?
What part of the "system" would I be emulating then?

Answer the same question regarding the use of reproduction carts as well, please.

>> No.2698531

>the thread that wouldn't die

>>2698510
There is definitely software emulating hardware inside flash carts, to be excrutiatingly technical and some games do suffer some minor issues as a result. You may want to use the essentially synonymous word "simulating" if that other word triggers you

Really though you should just stop posting.

>> No.2698549

>>2698531
Let me just say that I don't own any flashcarts no do I have feelings about emulation.

However, it seems like quite a few people have a strong negative feeling about "emulation," which typically refers to console emulation (and video game piracy) on a personal computer or portable device. There is an argument that this type of emulation results in a flawed rendition of any given game, and that it is for that reason inferior to the original experience.
Flashcarts on the other hand do not suffer from the same commonly identified problems with typical "emulation." There are games that cannot be reproduced on a flashcart, and others which can only be reproduced imperfectly. There are many games that have no such problems and thus render a "perfect" experience that is indiscernible from the original gameplay experience. Nevertheless, many people assert that flashcarts are inferior and amount to "emulation."

You argue that flashcarts often contain firmware that "emulates" the functions of chips present in hardware cartridges. I accept this as true. However, this doesn't seem to make flashcarts equivalent to console emulation on a PC. Since many games can be "perfectly" reproduced, the argument that flashcarts do not provide an "authentic" experience in any case is incorrect.

Since many people continue to object to the use of flashcarts even though arguments against emulation are not legitimate arguments against the use of flashcarts in all cases, I assert that the objectors have different motivations. One such motivation, I will argue, is related to cost. Collectors are proud of their collections which may have cost a lot of money to obtain. A user of a flashcart can experience many of the same games collectors can, but without the barrier of the high cost of collecting. In essence, flashcarts have allowed new members to join the club without paying their dues, which feels unfair to some people.

Do you think that could have anything to do with this shitshow?

>> No.2698560

>>2698549
The thing is that even PC emulation can in many cases deliver an identical experience to original hardware. Some people can't be satisfied and that's just the sad facts.

>> No.2698572

>>2698560
PC Can provide perfect emulation up to 5th gen and GBA. After that, it starts to taper off...

>> No.2698573

>>2698572
*4th gen

>> No.2698748

>>2698573
Care to revise that again. There are plenty of early shit that aren't emulated well.

>> No.2699616

>>2669995
Theres any tutorial to make Everdrives.

>> No.2699892

>>2699616
>make Everdrives.
Sure. You just order a raw SNES cartridge PCB from China, solder on a battery, CIC, DSP-1, CX4, SA-1, and SuperFX chips, then wire all them into a programmable chip and program your own code for loading a basic OS for file loading and loading the ROMs to whatever you have acting as the ROM chips, and you are good to go!

>> No.2699935

>>2670083

None of the flash carts support SuperFX at this point, although the SD2SNES might be able to some day. Super UFO 8 is a piece of shit, if you're looking for a low cost SNES flash cart get a Chinese Super Everdrive.

>> No.2700121

>>2673343

Expansion audio with the N8 is hit or miss depending on the sound chip the FPGA is trying to emulate. Both the Disk System and the VRC7 did FM synthesis, which is basically impossible to accurately emulate, which is why Genesis emulation always sounds like garbage.

But honestly, Castlevania III sounds fine on the N8, not perfect, but still better than the US release.

>> No.2700140

So are flash carts the same thing as playing a real cart, other than compatibility issues?

>> No.2700146

>>2700140
For some games it is "the same thing," for some games there are bugs, and a handful of games don't work at all because they rely on special processing chips that are not present in any flashcarts.

>> No.2700195

>>2699616
Not Everdrives but there are plenty for other types of flash carts. Unfortunately if you have to ask it's probably beyond your ability to do.

>> No.2700531

>>2698748
Like what?

>> No.2700551

>>2686189

Someone answer the fucking question already. Thanks.

>> No.2700592

>>2700531
I guess shit you've never hear of because it's not Nintendo. And SNES emulation is no where near "perfect" unless you have a super computer so there's that.
Feel free point me in the direction of a "perfect" TI emulator when you discover what those systems were.

>> No.2700614

>>2670139
>there are more places to get them
Where at? Google only shows eBay results

>> No.2701278

>>2673895
>no new special chips supported
>no supported special chip emulation fixes
you're a retard

>> No.2701682

>>2671203

And the cartridge smells of burned plastic.

Seriouly, terrible smell.

>> No.2701761

>>2700592
>TI emulator
I know what you're talking about. I'm pretty sure I do, but I guess those systems are not in demand for emulator optimization and development. The systems really worth mentioning are the popular computers such as the Apple II, Amiga, Atari, and systems such as the Genesis, Master System, NES, PC Engine, etc.

>> No.2701893

>>2701761
Apple emulation is spotty and Amiga is less than perfect. It's good enough for most things but I take issue with this constant drone of emubabies claiming emulation is perfect or near perfect. It's just wrong information that gets repeated. Try something like "emulation is good enough to enjoy most games you'll want to play on popular systems" if you don't want to be wrong.

>> No.2701918

what is the best NES flashcart and why

>> No.2701919

>>2701893
That sounds decent enough. Emulation is a decent alternative, all things considered. Especially for the more expensive games as well as Arcade machines. Arcade emulation is my personal favorite.

>> No.2702014

>>2701918
Everdrive, cause it gets updates. RETARD.

>> No.2703746

>>2701682
To be honest that smell of cheap Chinese bootlegs is nostalgic for me.

>> No.2703750

>>2702014
i've heard powerpak is better.

can anyone compare nes flashcarts?