[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 343 KB, 554x418, hearmeroar.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2669967 No.2669967 [Reply] [Original]

Duke Nukem 64 Prototype aviable:
http://www.nintendoplayer.com/prototype/duke-nukem-64/
There is also an interview with an ex artist from Eurocom.

>> No.2669969
File: 33 KB, 554x418, poolcleaner.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

sheeiiiit

>> No.2669974

>>2669969
Stupid American publishers. Oh no, a bare breast. Let's replace that with something grotesque, repulsive and genuinely disturbing.

>> No.2669979

>>2669974
It remind me that Hannibal Lecter serie's scandal.

>> No.2669984

>>2669969

That's truly fucked up.

>> No.2669989
File: 224 KB, 552x416, beast.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2669984
>>2669974
I always found Duke 3D creepy. People who got grossed by the twins' death in DNF know jack shit about the serie.

>> No.2670016

>people ITT haven't played the Duke64 mod already

Yea, kinda funny how they removed the strip club and censored all partial nudity but replaced it with girls that had been torn apart.

>> No.2670019

>>2669979
What scandal? Tell me more.

>> No.2670021

>>2669989
>twins' death in DNF

Can someone post a link? I never played DNF, I stopped waiting for that game in 2002.

>> No.2670023

>>2670019
>show where MC kills and eats people constantly

>bare boobies shown briefly in one scene

>studio gets tons of letters/calls to cancel the series

>> No.2670025

>>2670021
Two girls pregnant with alien babbies explode.

It's not really gory at all, people just got butthurt because their tits were out.

>> No.2670117

>>2670019
There is one scene where someone get skinned. The issue was we could see a bit of ass. So, to make it correct, they added more blood to hide the ass.

>> No.2670120

And people make fun of Japan's censorship...

>> No.2672118

>america

>> No.2672203

>download link literally at the rock bottom of the page

holy mackerel

>> No.2672230

>>2670025
It was pretty disturbing, not really because of their tits being out, but Duke, having been rather friendly with both of them, and then dismissing their dilemma (alien rape), with a quip, watching alien babies explode out of their bodies, and making another quip.

I mean, I know Duke Nukem always had some dark bits, and I know the character is supposed to be a self-important ass, but the tone of that scene felt very unfitting for the rest of the game.

I'm fine with slapping a pair of tits on a wall, or throwing turds, but it felt very unsettling how little he seemed to care.

>> No.2672234

>>2669989
The fuck is that thing on the top left?

>> No.2672240

>>2672230
>and I know the character is supposed to be a self-important ass

there's a slight difference between an egocentric mero macho girl-caring stereotype and a self-caring shitlord with cringeworthy quips, anon.

Duke's attitude in DNF is, if anything, way more on the latter than DN3D's Duke. I sincerely don't understand how the guys at 2K got it that Duke's personality was always that of a self-absorbed badass fucker, but still got off the rails so much as to port him such a shitty, vitriolic personality at the same time. It's as if they kept the worst of both worlds.

>> No.2672242

>>2672230
>but it felt very unsettling how little he seemed to care

But that's what the character is all about: Being a fucking narcissist who make fun of women any time he get the chance. Also that is the behavior of guys who pick up a lot of girls without any effort.

I advise you to reflect on that if you want to avoid suffering... Just a brotip, man.

>> No.2672310

>>2672240
>It's as if they kept the worst of both worlds.
Yeah, they kind of ignored a lot of his best sides, he doesn't really feel as fun as he should.
He felt more like Duke in that one Gameboy Color game than he does in Forever.
He doesn't feel like Duke should.

Also he gets ass fucking hammered on just one can of beer, that's kind of pathetic given his build, did he donate a kidney and then lose half his liver to cirrhosis or something? He's COMPLETELY smashed and in an instant, it's bizarre, they could have at least made it a bottle of strong liquor and have a slight delay before, that'd have been more realistic AND manlier, then he could smash the empty bottle on the closest surface/enemy.

>>2672242
>But that's what the character is all about
No, not entirely, he's self-centered and has a huge ego, but he wasn't ever uncaring, it never felt as such in any of the old games

>Also that is the behavior of guys who pick up a lot of girls without any effort.
I sincerely doubt most people who sleep around would be unphased by seeing two girls he had previous relations with having been raped and then explode.

Manwhores aren't sociopaths, dude, they just don't commit to longstanding relations with most girls they fuck. Duke isn't like Patrick Bateman when it comes the women.

>> No.2672581

>>2669967
>http://www.nintendoplayer.com/prototype/duke-nukem-64/
Link is not working!!!

>> No.2672605

>>2672240
I felt like he was for the most part on target. But that scene should've elicited a "god dammit..." instead of a "time for a tasteless joke about these pregnant friends of mine I just exploded"

>> No.2672609

>>2672310
>No, not entirely, he's self-centered and has a huge ego, but he wasn't ever uncaring, it never felt as such in any of the old games
"Nobody steals earths chicks... and lives!"

>> No.2672616 [DELETED] 

>>2669974
>>2669979
>>2670023
>>2670117
You guys talking about the new TV show Hannibal?

Fuck man Americans are retarded, no offense. It's like one of the most gruesome shows I've ever seen. As 'artistic and aesthetic' the violence and gore is, it's graphic beyond belief. In the USA they give the show a TV14 rating despite that just because it doesn't have cuss words and nudity, so fucking unreal. In UK the boxsets have a hard 18 rating as they should have.

Explain this shit Americans.

>> No.2672646

>>2672616
>Explain this shit Americans.
Put simply, we're a nation of crusaders. Blood and violence are approved by our god of war, but sex actually makes you a bad person.

Of course, content creators and advertisers (collectively "the media") can get away with toeing the line so long as they aren't technically showing actual nudity, and we approve of that because doing whatever it takes to make some money is another American virtue along with murdering your enemies. So basically anyone who makes something "edgy" is playing Russian roulette.

>> No.2672649

>>2672616
Remnants of puritan era things I would wager, at least partially.

It's not like Americans don't get a kick out of saying fuck you to censors, but the establishment is good at rabblerousing the conservatards and libtards into dumb hullabaloos, and basically, whoever is the loudest wins, even though most people might not agree with it (partially or entirely).

It's also a huge country, and every state is like it's own little country with it's own little culture, some states differ dramatically, and opinion often clashes for these reasons.