Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Maintenance is complete! We got more disk space.
Become a Patron!

/vr/ - Retro Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 33 KB, 500x215, genesis-vs-snes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651129 No.2651129 [DELETED]  [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

What was more casual?

>> No.2651130

>>2651129
Fantastic stealthy shitpost.

>> No.2651137

>>2651129
Retarded question.

But, Genesis, because of dudebro games

>> No.2651142

>>2651129
Fuck off

>> No.2651143

>>2651137
Genesis had the faster processor though. Its games were generally much faster than on SNES. More speed requires faster reflexes and therefore more skill.

>> No.2651154

The whole "casual" shit wasn't even a thing in those days.

>> No.2651160

>>2651143
Not a really good job OP you're just retreading similar ground as the regular vs shitpost.

>> No.2651163

Genesis

There's still braindead idiots that think that console had more than 5 good games and they eat shit up just like casuals.

>> No.2651167

>>2651129
Genesis had more hardcore arcade titles.

SNES had more slower/easier/simpler titles, RPGs, fucking Sim City. That's more casual.

>> No.2651168

>>2651163
It's like you wrote something false on purpose.

>> No.2651169
File: 1.23 MB, 1280x720, bait.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651169

Depends on how you define casual. Genesis had a bunch of shitty sports games for casuals, but SNES games often had lower difficulty than Genesis ones because Genesis was a home arcade platform.

OP post is pretty tasty bait though.

>> No.2651170

>>2651168
It's almost like you're sucking my dick RIGHT NOW

>> No.2651171

>>2651143
>>2651167
The SNES has Super FX chips which made for better games. The Genesis doesn't really compare and looks old and busted by the time Nintendo started pushing out the Super FX enhanced games. There isn't a contest here.

>> No.2651172

>>2651171
>Good graphics make a game hardcore

The ultimate casual gamer shitpost.

>> No.2651173

bump

>> No.2651174

They were both pretty fucking casual compared to the Neo Geo.

>> No.2651175

>>2651172
>shitty arcade ports that lag make a system hardcore

Need to be over 18+

>> No.2651176

>>2651172
>my console is shit
>better distract from it
>>2651174
If spending money for a small library is considered hardcore.

>> No.2651178

>>2651129
yer mum was more casual, m8

>> No.2651179

Just because the Genesis is colored black doesn't make it any less casual. It's a casual machine made for children that became Sonic the Hedgehog fanfiction writing furries.

>> No.2651190

>Genesis
>no Metal Slug
>no Mario
>no Final Fantasy
It's got, uh, Sonic. That game that any brain dead child could stumble through because the rings give a huge cushion to be shitty at the game and still feel you've finished something.
Neo geo and Nintendo had the better offering.

>> No.2651193

Only Europoors think the Genesis is good because they're all poor dirt eaters who can't afford anything relevant so they got 1 game on the cheaper system and that's it

>> No.2651195

Bumping, keep the posts coming

>> No.2651196

Bump

>> No.2651202

Bump? There are bigger threads here, where is everyone

>> No.2651209

Bump...

>> No.2651212

Bump

>> No.2651213

SNES. Nothing gets more casual than fucking JRPG's.

>> No.2651217

>>2651213
No. JRPGs have much better mechanics than shitty arcade games.
Bump

>> No.2651218
File: 111 KB, 319x257, MarioBumpGIF_zps1196c772.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651218

>> No.2651219

Bumping

>> No.2651220

>>2651213
what about SaGa games? or Shin Megami Tensei?

>>2651154
This, "hardcore" and "casual" (especially "casual") weren't buzzwords that were used in /vr/ times, at least not as commonplace as they're nowdays.
So stop shitting /vr/ with your millenial terms.
Also, stop posting "Bump bump bump" idiot OP, this board is slow, no need to bump.

Sage anyway.

>> No.2651221

>>2651217
Yeah, sure. Enjoy sifting through menus and your "deep" stories, delusional autistic retarded baby.

>> No.2651223

>>2651220
>I was born in the 90s

>> No.2651226

>>2651223
Who are you quoting?

>> No.2651227

>>2651221
>ad hominem
Like Sega marketing, of course
Bump

>> No.2651230

>>2651226
I knew I'd get you to respond, child.

>> No.2651231

>>2651171
>The SNES has Super FX chips which made for better games
Why are SNES babies always so unaware about the existence of the SVP chip for Genesis?

Unlike SuperFX it's capable of a decent framerate too.

>> No.2651232

>>2651230

But what was even your point?
Everyone replies here, it's a board where you can post and stuff.

>> No.2651234

>>2651169
>Genesis had a bunch of shitty sports games for casuals
Why do people pretend that the SNES didn't have just as many sports games? The Genesis just had "better" ones because EA was better at programming for the Genesis.

>> No.2651235

>>2651226
i'm quoting my dick in your ass

>> No.2651236

>>2651231
SVP was only for one game...didn't save the genesis...

Bump

>> No.2651237

>>2651232
>I was born in the 90s

>> No.2651238

>>2651231
>Why are SNES babies always so unaware about the existence of the SVP chip for Genesis?
SNES plebs think Mario, Zelda and Sonic is all there is to retro gaming. They're like the Dadrockers of video games.

>> No.2651239

>>2651176
>a small library
It's actually pretty fucking big and new games (official ones, not homebrews) kept being made up until 2004.

What makes it a truly hardcore is that it is literally an arcade system. Not like the Genesis which is just based on arcade shit, it is a legit arcade system packaged into console form.

>> No.2651240

>>2651235

I don't feel anything, either my asshole is too loose, or your dick is too small.

>> No.2651242

I'm guessing OP is also responsible for >>2648645

>> No.2651243

>>2651237

Okay, you're wrong, but thanks for making me feel younger I guess.

Also LOL CONSOLE WARS! you guys are great at baiting. Really!

>> No.2651246

>>2651236
>didn't save the genesis...
The Genesis didn't need saving. It outsold the SNES worldwide (if Japan is excluded from the total).

>> No.2651247 [DELETED] 

>>2651227
Ad hominem is not using insults, you uneducated swine.

Also, reported your shitty bait thread.

>> No.2651248

>>2651247
You're not supposed to announce reports.

>> No.2651249

>>2651243
lol this little nooblet man omg

>> No.2651251

>>2651249

CONSOLE WARS !

HARDCORES AND CASUALS !XD

>> No.2651252

>>2651246
>outsold it
>but not really because Japan
Nope...
Bump

>> No.2651256

>>2651252
If you don't live in Japan there's a good chance the Genesis outside the SNES in the country you live in, let's put it that way.

Who cares what happened in Japan if you aren't Japanese or a weeaboo.

>> No.2651258

>>2651251
ha ha so pissed you pooped your little pants cause the genesis sucks kiddo!!!

>> No.2651260

>>2651258

hehe you got me I only knew about these old systems thru emulation and youtubers tho :P long live the PS2 hjehe

>> No.2651261

>>2651256
Sorry but you're not tricking anybody here into believing something not true
Bump

>> No.2651264
File: 40 KB, 500x329, 1be.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651264

i like both and i'm hella casual brehs

>> No.2651269

>>2651264
>i like both

impossible, you can't like sega and nintendo at the same time, that'd create a metaphysical vortex error that would destroy the universe.

we're separated into sega or nintendo, not both!

>> No.2651273

>>2651269
Nintendo is the better choice, true
Bump

>> No.2651280

>>2651261
But Megadrive really outsold SNES worldwide. Megadrive got a ton of clones that were selling bretty well, especially in shitholes like 90s Russia and post-USSR. SNES was very expensive that time because it was real SNES from Nintendo itself.

>> No.2651281

>>2651129
Very easy answer. Genesis continued the tradition of the NES's arcade level challenge and arcade run/gun games and shooters. The SNES had generic platformers like donkey kong country, family oriented games, mortal kombat with no blood code, and a shitload of RPGs.

I need not answer the question but, SNES was for casuals.

>> No.2651284

Both were casual, PC Engine was what the hardcore crowd played.

>> No.2651287

>>2651280
Worldwide when you exclude Japan right?
Also nobody buys genesis clones iirc on /vr/, famiclones seem more popular for good reason.
Bump

>> No.2651292

>64 posts
>20 posters
quality thread

>> No.2651295

>>2651292
Yes
Bump

>> No.2651296
File: 216 KB, 400x400, ag.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651296

~20 posters
~64 posts
~trying to convince me this isn't a shill thread

this is a shill thread

>> No.2651297

This isn't a troll. This is what Nintendo fanboys are actually like.

>> No.2651298

>>2651296
>shill thread
>when Nintendo has already won
No shilling needed, people knew what the better console was...
Bump

>> No.2651306

This is a fucking terrible thread and I hope OP gets raped by his dad.

>> No.2651308

Bump

>> No.2651309

>>2651298
>Nintendo won
Daily reminder that SEGA outsold Nintendo prior to 1995.

>> No.2651312

>>2651297

Like Sega (or any other company) fanboys are any better.

Also I think OP is just a troll, not particularly a fanboy of either.

>> No.2651314

>>2651309
Couldn't win the war...or stay in consoles...goodbye Sega..
Bump

>> No.2651317

>>2651312
I dunno man. All fanboys are bad, obviously, but Nintendo fanboys always seemed the most deluded and rabid to me.

>> No.2651323

>>2651287
>Worldwide when you exclude Japan right? Also nobody buys genesis clones iirc on /vr/

No, I didn't say excluding Japan. I'd say including Japan.
Also, /vr/ isn't all retro gaming. "Sega" clones are still sold, so do new cartridges.

>> No.2651330

>>2651314
That was mostly Sega's own fault (along with Sony's competition), not really Nintendo.

Nintendo had their own fuck-ups after the SNES as well which hurt them a lot (Virtual Boy, N64 using carts and being harder to program for, losing third-party devs to Sony, GCN using miniature discs and ignoring internet multiplayer, Wii and DS selling out to casuals with gimmicky shit, etc.)

>> No.2651332

>>2651317

maybe you have a bias, or you believe every bait.
all fanboys are equally bad.

>> No.2651339

Bump

>> No.2651341

okay since this is a shitposting thread....

I admit I'm a sony fanboy and I falseflag about being an obnoxious segafag or nintendofag pretty much every day here, everyone gets mad.

>> No.2651347

>>2651341
There's nothing wrong vouching for Nintendo.
Bump

>> No.2651348

>>2651347

I actually hate nintendo especially for stealing some of Sony's IPs like Bayonetta or Madworld.

I never owned or played a Nintendo game in my life

>> No.2651349

>>2651348
>being poor and unable to play every game on every console

Such is life in the UK

>> No.2651353

>>2651348
Sony is not a clever company.

>> No.2651356

>>2651129
bump

>> No.2651360

>>2651348
>I actually hate nintendo especially for stealing some of Sony's IPs
>implying Sony didn't stole a ton of Nintendo's IPs

>> No.2651363
File: 51 KB, 305x303, oh you.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651363

>>2651129

you know this place is a fucking shithole when there are only 4 images posted out of 85 replies.

FUCK ALL YOU NECKBARDS

>> No.2651364

Bump, that can't be all the posters

>> No.2651365

>>2651348
Bayonetta was never a Sony IP. It belongs to Sega and the first game was on both PS3 and 360.

>> No.2651370
File: 850 KB, 1439x2000, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651370

>> No.2651371

>>2651363
>MUH EPIC REACTION IMAGES

Your culture is garbage.

>> No.2651373

>91 posts
>23 posters

>> No.2651374

Bump

>> No.2651378

Some rabid fanboy seems to be sabotaging this thread because he's afraid of what the /vr/ consensus will be. Mods pls ban. We can have some real good discussion here and talk about the best and hardest games from each console.

>> No.2651379

>>2651370
fuck, I like this qt

>> No.2651382

>>2651371

>> No.2651383
File: 36 KB, 454x594, gabu.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651383

>he didn't own both a SNES and a Genesis when he was a kid
>he thinks he had a full childhood

kek

>> No.2651386
File: 47 KB, 601x338, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651386

>>2651378
>encouraging /v/ culture

>> No.2651391

>>2651386
you're literally doing that right now with that post. you're exactly the same m8.

>> No.2651395

>>2651371

>> No.2651396

>>2651391
Rather burn it with to own filth than encourage it. What's your excuse?

>> No.2651398

>>2651391
~m8
~using m8

get out

>> No.2651402

bump

>> No.2651405

>>2651398
chill breh

>> No.2651406

Bump?

>> No.2651412

Here's a bump

>> No.2651413
File: 10 KB, 320x255, angriest alan grant.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651413

>ctrl+f "bump"
>30 coincidences

>> No.2651414

>>2651175
the ultimate "I have never actually played a genesis" snesfaggot post. This is a shit posting thread but you are a complete retard for actually saying that

>> No.2651417

>console war thread
>23 posters
>over 100 replies
m-mods, please

>> No.2651419

>>2651414
The ports weren't commonly that great.
That being said, bump

>> No.2651425
File: 41 KB, 256x230, DragonQuestHeroesRocketSlimeBox.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651425

I'll just dump some good non-/vr/ games until this thread gets deleted

>> No.2651426

>>2651137
dudebro cod and madden fags are the hardcore gamers. They are the ones buying to doritos and mountain dew bullshit. Press A to win jrpgs on the other hand have never been hardcore ever.

>> No.2651427

Bump

>> No.2651428
File: 600 KB, 750x750, 1282709088883.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651428

>> No.2651430

>>2651419
okay faggot which ones in specific. If you want to act like you know what you are talking about I am going to call you on it.

>> No.2651435
File: 150 KB, 640x903, super_monkey_ball_banana_blitz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651435

>> No.2651436

>>2651430
Thunder Blade
afterburner
Altered beast
Etc
Inferior versions to arcade
The genesis was an arcade port machine but not an arcade machine as they tried to push it as. Original arcade styled games typically ran better.
Bump

>> No.2651440
File: 79 KB, 319x400, 1269648717077.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651440

>> No.2651442
File: 1009 KB, 1310x939, 1351718423309.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651442

>>2651425
Good idea!

>> No.2651445

Bumping

>> No.2651447

>>2651436
altered beast is fine in fact it added parallax. Afterburner is the best port of afterburner on a 16 bit console. Thunderblade just sucks period. None of those are slow and lag the system though

>> No.2651449
File: 425 KB, 1600x1200, 1273252095340.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651449

>>2651445
Stop bumping.

>> No.2651450
File: 9 KB, 381x222, sonic2010.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651450

>> No.2651452
File: 197 KB, 1000x1072, 1286631621659.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651452

>> No.2651456
File: 354 KB, 1920x1200, 1341609211324.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651456

>> No.2651458

>>2651447
Blade runs like shit
Burner is missing a lot of visuals to avoid running like blade, it took the Saturn to get a real port
Beast is missing content
Bump

>> No.2651462
File: 126 KB, 466x700, 1421394556118.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651462

>>2651129
SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T

>> No.2651463
File: 2.45 MB, 2500x1030, 1346017329015.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651463

>> No.2651470

>>2651436
>2 launch games and one good game

wow

>> No.2651471

Quality thread just as OP wanted
Bump

>> No.2651478

>>2651175
>shitty arcade ports that lag make a system hardcore
like Final Fight right? :^)

>> No.2651479

>>2651470
he wanted to talk arcade ports
Bump

>> No.2651480

>>2651442
He said good, not hipster garbage kid

>> No.2651483

Hm
Bump

>> No.2651489

>>2651296
No, it looks like a /v/ thread. Who would care about what console is more casual?

>> No.2651493

>>2651489
Thank you
Bump

>> No.2651495

>reaction images guissss omg

>> No.2651496
File: 470 KB, 1114x1600, 1372779340634.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651496

>>2651493
Stop bumping.

>> No.2651498

>>2651496
Bump

>> No.2651501
File: 757 KB, 707x1000, d554e5ce82d16a07facbcd7a4139b31b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651501

>> No.2651502

>>2651193
They're the shitters thinking Bloodlines is the best 16 bit CV. They think the Genesis has a better soundchip.

>> No.2651503

>>2651496
Still a thread here
Bump

>> No.2651504

christ what an awful thread. someone dump some 90's anime pics or something

preferably safe for work since I'm at work

>> No.2651506

The test is Shadowrun. Compare snes vs genesis and you tell me. Also faiery tale was genesis only.

>> No.2651509

Here's a bump

>> No.2651513

>>2651502
r u 1 of the 1% who had Rondo of Blood outside of Japan in 1994?

>> No.2651514

Flipping a shit over it just encourages future similar threads.

>> No.2651517
File: 1.37 MB, 480x252, Civilization 5.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651517

>> No.2651518

>>2651514
Probably
Bump

>> No.2651527

>>2651513
I'm a nip, brah.

>> No.2651531
File: 458 KB, 411x573, zero.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651531

>> No.2651532

Bumping this thread

>> No.2651541
File: 609 KB, 2240x1488, 1394437156408.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651541

Don't have any more covers of games, I'll fill up this thread with gunporn instead.

>> No.2651543

>>2651458
blade is shit, afterburner is missing sprites because a 16 bit machine cant push that many around at once. Its the only decent 16 bit port from the time. Do I get to look back and say starfox is shit cause it runs at 5 fps now though?

>> No.2651545

fighters, schmups, and sports were better on the genesis. can we agree on that

>> No.2651547
File: 112 KB, 807x754, tumblr_n3g53r30qC1qfhwzyo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651547

>> No.2651551
File: 645 KB, 3072x2304, 1372127127616.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651551

>> No.2651554
File: 69 KB, 640x425, vepr-folding-stock.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651554

>> No.2651557
File: 238 KB, 1024x577, 1408350702838.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651557

>> No.2651560
File: 396 KB, 2048x1359, 1370284309003.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651560

>> No.2651567

>>2651436
Super Scalers games of course aren't great for obvious reasons. However you are retarded if you think Altered Beast was a bad port.

>> No.2651568
File: 325 KB, 800x600, 1367721299474.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651568

>> No.2651570
File: 122 KB, 1023x687, tumblr_mz5j9sDzKY1t9gay8o2_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651570

>> No.2651571
File: 6 KB, 273x312, wew lad.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651571

>> No.2651574

>>2651129
is it just me or did this thread get a special sort of weird?

>> No.2651578
File: 181 KB, 687x1000, 1345860627770.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651578

>> No.2651579
File: 742 KB, 1000x656, tumblr_msi9bxJ49q1s78fa0o1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651579

>>2651574
>OP tries his fucking hardest to force a /v/ tier shitposting thread
No shit it got weird.

>> No.2651582
File: 57 KB, 1136x746, 1367656569684.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651582

>> No.2651585

Bump

>> No.2651587
File: 82 KB, 1280x820, 1371351917753.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651587

>> No.2651630
File: 307 KB, 920x920, anime3x3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651630

>>2651504
gotcha covered

what are you guys' favorite retro anime?

>> No.2651642

>>2651502
Even if you think Rondo or IV are better than Bloodlines, Genesis still got the GOAT Contra game and one of the best mascot platformers of that era (Rocket Knight Adventures).

>> No.2651651

>>2651510
>meta thread deleted
>this blatant flame thread (and all the spam in it) is still up
BRAVO JANNY
R
A
V
O

>> No.2651656

>>2651587
>>2651582
>>2651578
>>2651570
>>2651568
>>2651560
>>2651557
>>2651554
>>2651551
>>2651547
>>2651541

being this retarded stop fucking stop I don't need to see your tactic00l guns. go play call of duty or something faggg

>> No.2651663

>>2651656
>Amerilards show off guns
>Europoors suck off the Geneshit

I don't know which is worse, honestly.

>> No.2651670

>>2651651
>>2651651
I think the problem is that the mods do not quite grasp the board-specific rules of /vr. If you flag for a blatant offense that any mod on 4chan would recognize (like porn) it will probably get deleted right away.

>> No.2651691

>>2651190
Kill yourself my man

>> No.2651712

>>2651663
I am a American and actually like the genesis

>> No.2651772

>>2651712
>>2651691

>> No.2651809

Genesis if you play video games.
SNES if you like shitty interactive animes

>> No.2651810

>>2651190
>SNES
>no Revenge of Shinobi
>No Shadow Dancer
>No Shinobi 3
It's got, uh, Final Fantasy. That game that any brain dead child could stumble through because it's a jrpg pressing A repeatedly gives a huge cushion to be shitty at the game and still feel you've finished something.
Neo geo and Sega had the better offering.

>> No.2651813

>>2651810
To add, Neo Geo never had a beat 'em up as good as SoR2.

>> No.2651817

>>2651810
Yeah man, Shinobi games are REALLY difficult.

You should stick to Dark Souls threads champ.

>> No.2651819

>>2651817
Revenge of Shinobi is harder and better than every super nintendo game ever though. It came out in 89 so the super nintendo had its whole existence to try and best it and it still failed bro.

>> No.2651823
File: 344 KB, 1600x1200, cobray.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651823

>>2651656
But you need a fucking /v/ style console war thread?

>> No.2651824

>>2651819
We get it pal, now go jerk off to your "difficult" shinobi games.

>> No.2651827
File: 40 KB, 498x374, 1424414001897.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651827

>> No.2651828

>>2651817
Confirmed for never playing Shadow Dancer and Revenge of Shinobi. They have a much better challenge than some shitty interactive anime.

>> No.2651829

>>2651810
>That game that any brain dead child could stumble through because it's a jrpg pressing A repeatedly
The only people who say this are the people that are too dumb to figure out how to play the game normally so they have to rely on grinding.

>> No.2651830

>>2651809
99% of posts complaining about retro games are from kawaii uguu fags cause our games aren't kawaii uguu enough for them.

>> No.2651835
File: 407 KB, 1280x940, arfcom-in-the-70's.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651835

>> No.2651837

>>2651824
go back to stumbling through sonic because you're a braindead SNES child who decided to try another game system and thats the extent of your knowledge.

>> No.2651838

>>2651829

>Y-YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE GAME PROPERLY IT IS REALLY FUN IF YOU PLAY LIKE ME I SWEAR

Anyway FF isn't even the best RPG SNES can offer, Star Ocean alone rekts even most of PS1 rpg titles.

>> No.2651839
File: 357 KB, 919x690, tumblr_n6ns4bk25o1sw78zao1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651839

>> No.2651840
File: 338 KB, 1024x681, 14901201389_6ff2b1bf9a_b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651840

>> No.2651841

>>2651829
playing the game normally is repeatedly pressing the A button you retarded faggot

>> No.2651843

>>2651828
>>2651837

Don't need to samefag because you can't comprehend how someone can find shinobi games easy as fucking mario bud

>> No.2651848
File: 51 KB, 960x960, King Solomon's Hi-Point.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651848

>> No.2651856
File: 362 KB, 1920x1080, fuckoffkid.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651856

>>2651843
fuck off kid

>> No.2651859
File: 132 KB, 640x480, tumblr_n21r4v4Hj41qgqv1io3_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651859

>> No.2651860

>>2651856
>he actually took the time to photoshop that

LMAO can't handle "losing" an internet argument child?

As if the delayed response wasn't obvious enough

>> No.2651863
File: 198 KB, 1024x768, pink-mini-14.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651863

>> No.2651867

>>2651860
yeah I lost an argument on the internet. You sure handed me a lashing and sure told me boy. Sega Genesis is total shit though right? YEAH man fuck sega that thing had no fun games, sonic is for retarded babies right BRO? YEAH

>> No.2651869
File: 239 KB, 1920x1080, AKM 7.62x39mm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651869

>> No.2651871
File: 55 KB, 740x566, 44p38-021138_8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651871

>> No.2651874

>>2651843
Shitty samefag detector, also i'm waiting for that Revenge run on hardest bro.

>> No.2651878
File: 616 KB, 1023x687, 1395238094287.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651878

>> No.2651881

>>2651867
Yeah the genesis is a piece of shit, thanks for porting all those arcade games sega, cause everyone is too poor to have PCBs right? Yeah, good job Sega, you're totally not dog shit.

>> No.2651883
File: 62 KB, 736x442, 4c38b9193e8522cf55e7b0fe0f61ca5b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651883

>> No.2651887

>>2651129
GUARANTEED FUCKIN REPLIES

>> No.2651908

>>2651881
yeah fuck toaplan for working with sega and using their own source code in truxton that is just blasphemy.

>> No.2651910
File: 613 KB, 1500x1125, colt_m1917.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651910

>>2651887
It's awful, isn't it?
You can help by eating up the bump-limit, because the mods aren't around to pick away this inflammatory garbage.

>> No.2651912

>>2651908
*starts masterbaiting* ahh ahhhh haaa shinobi maaaaaaann

the hardest game ever oh god im cumming its so hard oh my goddddd mannn it's so hardddd fuckkkk i shat my diapers cause this game is so hard ive only ever played mario before ahhhhhh

>> No.2651915
File: 313 KB, 500x375, tumblr_inline_n6eb4wNZxE1r9n9mk.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651915

>> No.2651920
File: 22 KB, 400x300, 1394662516865.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651920

>> No.2651923

>>2651129
The one in the middle, except your spelled OP wrong.

>> No.2651924

>>2651912
want to know something kid? I guarantee my snes collection shits all over yours.

>> No.2651926
File: 41 KB, 765x556, tumblr_my2wrukUiv1rcoy9ro1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651926

>> No.2651927

>>2651924
ohhh mannnn shinobi i can't contain my dickkkk oh my goddd d mannnnnnnnnnnnn i have more videogames than u too fuckface ahhh godddd manaaannnnnnn ahhhhh mannnn

>> No.2651932

>>2651912
I don't get your point, the SNES fag that started it used Final Fantasy as a "complex" games, which is even worse.

>> No.2651936
File: 603 KB, 2048x1536, how-to-doom-shotgun.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651936

>> No.2651938

>>2651650
>ANOTHER meta thread deleted
>this blatant flame thread (and all the spam in it) is still up
BUHRAVO JANNY
U
H
R
A
V
O

>> No.2651939

>>2651927
yeh thats right I have a better snes collection than you and still like the genesis more. ohhh mannnn final fantasy i can't contain my dickkkk oh my goddd d mannnnnnnnnnnnn i like walking around and talking to people instead of actually playing gameshrnnnngng

>> No.2651943
File: 737 KB, 1850x950, Taurus_Judge_Magnum.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651943

>> No.2651946

>>2651939
a better snes collection than me the shinobi master? oh mannnn not the snes man! the bestest console ever it's so retro man!!

i make $30k a year with my liberal arts degree how can i afford such valuable gems like snes games man!!!

earthbound bootlegs are $300 man that's impossible how can you have more than me i can't use ebay man!!!

>> No.2651948
File: 780 KB, 260x146, tumblr_myymhf4AAK1rarngto2_400.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651948

>>2651938
Yeah, the mods have REALLY been slacking off this week.

There's a janitor who's usually pretty vigilant in the Doom threads, where the hell did he go? Did he slip in the shower and crack his skull? I miss his presence.

>> No.2651951
File: 163 KB, 1198x780, tumblr_myrfm45iFf1t9gay8o1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651951

>> No.2651952

>>2651946
I am new to the SNES and you seem like an expert, what are some good games that really show off the system?

>> No.2651958
File: 987 KB, 244x147, tumblr_mx2acc54xZ1t4taudo1_250.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651958

>> No.2651959

>>2651958
dude I miss barry RIP

>> No.2651960

>>2651952
mario BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ya got the super jump man and he jumps high!

it's MARIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>> No.2651965
File: 336 KB, 1024x733, 1342881235017.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651965

>>2651959
Yeah, damn shame.
What's worse than him dying is how Eric tried to replace him with a complete retard who genuinely bought into that piston-AR shit.

>> No.2651972

>>2651939
ooooooooooh mannnnn selecting words to attack feeeeel so fuuuuuuuuuuuucking goooooooodddddddddddd WAIT WAIT is that an opera? holy craaaaaaaaap mannnnnnnnnn when is the movie ooout ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh im goin to cummmmmmm

WHOOO is this the pinacle of exploration in life? yeaaaaa man super fuken metroid bes game everrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i love to wander empty corridors for hours mannnnnnn SHIT IS THAT A FUKKEN BRAIN YOU BITCH ASS NIGGA? hohohohoho take this strategic dianogal shootiinnnnnn you mutha fukaaaa

>> No.2651981
File: 611 KB, 1600x1063, 17176422866_08c50a2bd8_h.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651981

>>2651965
I should probably fill in that I love the AR-15, and I love short-stroke gas-pistons, but these two just do not mix.

>> No.2651985
File: 23 KB, 500x306, falling block rifle.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651985

>> No.2651989
File: 378 KB, 1920x1080, 1410914322085.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2651989

>> No.2651993

>>2651129
why did you make this thread? Was your whole hardcore retro gamer identity shaken when you found out the SNES was a baby box? No genesis fan would ask a stupid question like that because they all known the answer and don't need affirmation.

>> No.2652002

>>2651993

what's the point of your post? OP was a troll and a successful one at that because /vr/ is such an easy board to bait, especially with console wars.

And as already stated "hardcore" and "casual" weren't terms that were used back then, that's something that came along with the 6th gen and solidified with the 7th one, it's pure marketing buzzwords.

The most "hardcore" game ever made is also the most "casual": Tetris.

>> No.2652006

>>2651993
Haha, you just fell privy to OP's memes. It really is too easy with you guys

>> No.2652010
File: 412 KB, 1600x1200, Enfield No.2, original unmodified and second modified models.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652010

>>2651993
>why did shitposter OP make a blatant shitposting thread

>> No.2652015
File: 843 KB, 1280x989, 1411417976940.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652015

>> No.2652018
File: 73 KB, 1155x1155, Ruger Mini-14 20 round magazine.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652018

>> No.2652020
File: 111 KB, 896x600, 1396986893779.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652020

>> No.2652021

>>2652006
so you made a post on the internet just to get people to reply? Don't you have anything better to do with your life? Yeah he baited me, sure it was easy, but is that really anything to be proud of?

>> No.2652024
File: 145 KB, 640x640, Beretta 96 RecoverTactical.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652024

>> No.2652029
File: 219 KB, 1024x768, 1393208009158.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652029

>> No.2652030

>>2651813
Sengoku 3 is better than Streets 2 though.

>> No.2652031

>>2652021
You seem to think I'm him or something

don't do that

>> No.2652040
File: 46 KB, 640x480, MVC-002F.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652040

>> No.2652041

>>2652030
Meh, not a big fan of beat em ups with much juggles, the shitty grabs/throws were a deal breaker for me too.

>> No.2652045
File: 148 KB, 1136x720, tumblr_nnzsv2n1VN1uryk28o1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652045

>> No.2652050

>>2652030
Sengoku 3 is shit to anyone who's not a mindless HG101 drone.

>> No.2652054

>>2652050
Wtf is an HG101 drone

Go back to /v/ with your shitty buzzword argument

>> No.2652056

>>2652054
I'm already in this thread.

>> No.2652058

>>2652054
not him but sengoku 3 is pretty boring. Mutation Nation is a more exciting game and it has way more basic game mechanics. Just because sengoku 3 is deeper than basic combos doesn't mean it's fun.

>> No.2652061
File: 150 KB, 300x300, 1434910108929.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652061

>>2652056
FUCK

>> No.2652062
File: 106 KB, 258x245, my advice.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652062

>>2651772

>> No.2652071
File: 148 KB, 974x561, british-black-powder-legal-shuffle.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652071

I love this one.

In the UK, handguns aren't legal for a regular person to own, however, blackpowder handguns, (specifically guns which use loose blackpowder without metallic cartridges, both antiques, and replicas of antiques), are available legally on a blackpowder license, now, this was conceived for muzzle-loading pistols and cap & ball revolvers.

Pic related is a cap & ball revolver in all senses that matter, instead of percussion caps, it uses shotgun primers, you still load loose blackpowder, and then .357 caliber lead bullets (and then a wad or grease). With all chambers loaded, you have for all practical purposes, a modern double-action revolver for the next six or seven shots.

There's a company in the UK which specializes in making these, they import cheap Armscor revolvers in .38 caliber, without the cylinder, and they then retrofit the guns to accept detachable cap & ball cylinders.

I love it when people skirt gunlaws in brilliant ways.

>> No.2652073

>>2652050
I lost my shit with the Final Fight article of HG101 where they praised Final Fight 3 as one of the best beat 'em ups ever, bunch of plebs.

>> No.2652078
File: 209 KB, 800x534, AR-15 A2 Style.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652078

>>2652073
The thought of a person not liking Final Fight 3 makes me sad.

>> No.2652080

>>2652071
>In the UK, handguns aren't legal for a regular person to own

lmao, and Britfags always act superior to americans when they can't even get a fucking pistol

>> No.2652087

>>2652078
It's a decent game, but nowhere near the best ones and quite shitty compared to the arcade.

>> No.2652089

>>2651129

Come on mods, what are you doing?

>> No.2652098
File: 525 KB, 1280x720, over and under.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652098

>>2652080
I'm jelly of Murrifats and their guns, but I'm happy I don't live in Bongland with their creepy as fuck nanny state. At least gun laws and self-defense laws aren't QUITE as retarded here either.

I just really love it when people think of creative ways to circumvent gun laws.
Like the bumpfire stocks in the US. Those revolvers are just so amazingly clever and practical.

>> No.2652101

>>2652071
dude thats not really anything special to circumvent the law. The had revolvers like that before metal cartridges were common too.

>> No.2652118
File: 51 KB, 620x400, DA_Barrel_Install_45_Redhawk.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652118

>>2652101
They did?

>> No.2652125
File: 306 KB, 1280x960, hk33_frankengun_3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652125

>> No.2652127

>>2652078

beat 'em up fags are shaping up to be like shmupfags in terms of elitism.
Just replace Streets of Rage 2 and an assortment of Capcom arcade ones, with any Cave shooter or Darius game.

They will act hostile to fans of other games in the genre because of very small technical reasons that ultimately don't make the games better or worse, like the fags who hate Ikaruga because muh scoring system, when in actually they just want to shit on it because of being popular. Sure the scoring system may be not to some people's liking but that doesn't make the game bad or worse than others.

>> No.2652129
File: 16 KB, 605x282, rem1858_armi_san_paolo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652129

>>2652118
remington 1858 isn't it pretty?

They are called caplock revolvers though

>> No.2652132
File: 518 KB, 1632x1224, 1399187992541.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652132

>>2652127
>They will act hostile to fans of other games in the genre because of very small technical reasons that ultimately don't make the games better or worse,
That's the name of the game in this thread though, remember, this is a console war thread, this a thread specifically about breeding that sort of cancer.

>> No.2652134
File: 80 KB, 800x533, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652134

I thought this thread had finally died off once gun anon had shown up to reinforce Bump, but no you guys keep going.
Bump

>> No.2652138

>>2652134

mods confirmed for /k/ lovers

>> No.2652142
File: 85 KB, 600x600, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652142

>>2652138
God bless /k/

>> No.2652145
File: 5 KB, 214x236, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652145

>this thread
I've never seen a 4chan meltdown like this in my life (excluding breaking news events). /vr/ truly is the most autistic board by far.

>> No.2652146
File: 18 KB, 720x312, tumblr_n5w1ypnAEy1tas5u3o1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652146

>>2652129
Oh, well, yeah, you mean caplock revolvers in general, you can get those, and they're a charm to shoot.

But what I mean is how these converted guns are like a modern revolver, swing out cylinder, double-action/single-action trigger, it's fast.

You couldn't get a .38 Special revolver with a 4" barrel in the UK, but you can get one of those converted revolvers, with a 4" barrel, which shoots .38 caliber projectiles, and has the same kind of trigger and lockwork, hell, you swing out the cylinder, and then you can pull it off and put in another cylinder you have loaded in advance, (which you can't do with a regular cartridge revolver).

In the eyes of British law, they are the same as an antique (or antique style) cap & ball revolver.

>> No.2652147

>>2652145

I guess you've never been on /v/. Threads like this are a diamond dozen there.

>> No.2652151
File: 52 KB, 504x335, tumblr_n0537nrVNX1qfk2gjo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652151

>>2652134
>shown up to reinforce Bump
Oh, you're mistaken, I've saged every post in this thread, I'm trying to do my part in eating up the bump-limit in this thread to make sure it disappears as fast as possible.

>> No.2652153
File: 17 KB, 413x395, hahaha-on-your-face.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652153

>>2652147
Idk. OP asked a simple question and the place exploded. You also gotta factor in that /vr/ is a much smaller board.

You autists need some self awareness and reflect that you're grown men still getting touchy over a console war that took place over 20 years ago.

What on earth makes you think you're any different to /v/?

>> No.2652159

>>2652153

Most of what you've read in this thread regarding console wars was flaseflagging and trolling, and maybe 1 or 2 genuine autists who care for real.
90% of this thread was telling OP to go fuck himself and /k/ picture dump.
The reason this shit is still up is because mods don't give a shit, I'm sure this shit has more reports than the actual number of posters.

>> No.2652160

>>2652002
>The most "hardcore" game ever made is also the most "casual": Tetris.
no

>> No.2652161
File: 1.10 MB, 2048x1015, Ruger_PC4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652161

>>2652153
>OP asked a simple question
But he didn't, not in effect.

What OP posted is a VERY transparent attempt at starting a shit thread full of inflammatory shitposting (in the vein of /v/), which does nothing to contribute to the board but in fact detracts from it's quality.

The thread went this way because OP knew exactly what he was doing, it's his intent, like a blaring beacon to pull in all the shitposting fanboys.

>> No.2652163

>>2652146
having 6 shots loaded in a cylinder is about as big as a mag. I don't know why britcucks aren't arming themselves and killing muzzies in the streets by the dozen when they know they only get a little slap on the wrist.

>> No.2652164

>>2652127
Oh you are that faggot again making retarded comparisons with Ikaruga again.

First, there is no "beat 'em up forum/community" to discuss shit like that, my opinions are totally personal in my experience with the games. Second, i have enough reasons to find some games inferior/superior to others, if you disagree with me then gave some good reasons and we will discuss it, instead of just spouting "muh elitist fags" like a retarded.

>> No.2652167

>>2652153
>hurr it's just gaymz stop taking them so seriously!
This mindset is the reason 90% of western video games are shit and don't hold a candle to japanese video games.

/v/ = western trash
/vr/ = true otaku vidya jamz

Either take video games seriously or get the fuck out. Kill yourself.

>> No.2652169

>>2652161
>being this paranoid

I bet you think the government cares about what you do too

>> No.2652170

>>2652160
дa

>> No.2652172

>>2652170
pashol naahoi

>> No.2652174

>>2652169
they obviously do though otherwise they wouldn't be so concerned with pulling people over for no reason just so they can get the cops to enter them into their little cop computers and see how compliant they are.

>> No.2652178
File: 4 KB, 212x237, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652178

>>2652161
well it seems that you're a puppet dancing on op's strings tbh

if you weren't a retard you would have just ignored the thread but you can't help but be baited and reply because you're in fact a total shithead

and your actions only prove my original point: you're doing this because an old console war is still a touchy subject to you, a presumably a grown man. You've spent over an hour in this thread spamming pictures because you got nothing better to do than make sure people don't argue over snes vs genesis. and the irony is you think you're 'preventing' /v/ tier behaviour, when this is the most /v/ tier behaviour this is lmao.

neckbeards, when will they learn?

>> No.2652181

>>2652164

>Oh you are that faggot again making retarded comparisons with Ikaruga again.

Nope, never made that comparison before, I just thought the way some people behave on the beat 'em up general reminded me of elitists from the shmup generals. Maybe I'm not the only one who noticed.

Sorry if I struck a nerve though.

>> No.2652186

>>2652167
deep breaths now sperg

>> No.2652189

>>2652178
*there is

>> No.2652190
File: 22 KB, 740x371, 1399187670477.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652190

>>2652163
Well, I'd say that it's
A: because Brits are whipped as fuck, and
B: because race wars never really lead to anything good

>>2652169
>not recognizing the most blatantly /v/ trollbait
Newfag.

>>2652178
>you're doing this because an old console war is still a touchy subject to you
Well, no, I'm doing this because console warring is one of the worst cancers to metastasize on /v/, it's not intelligent, it's not interesting, it's literally people who have invested their ego into a console flinging shit at each other.

>> No.2652192

>>2652178
loli trolu*

>> No.2652193

>>2652190
well, whatever you're doing you need a life and a girlfriend asap son, srs

gg no re

>> No.2652195

>>2652181
Still a retarded comparison, and what is wrong in discussing the quality of games in a genre you like? seriously you are making dumb excuses to shit on people who are more educated in the genre than you.

>> No.2652197

>>2652193

>that projection

I don't know why some people think people will suddenly stop posting in 4chan if they have gfs.
Most of /vr/ are married with children by the way.

>LOL NO NOBODY ON THE INTERNET HAS HAD SEX!

actually, most people have, the fact you're a teenager and haven't yet, doesn't mean the rest are still teenagers in search of a way to get laid, it's really not anything special, just b urself.

>> No.2652202
File: 18 KB, 758x384, AR 180-13.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652202

>>2652193
Says the Überkool EBIN TROOL XXXD who desperately bumps his own console war thread to make sure more people see it. =^)

>> No.2652203

>>2652197
lol holy shit just look how triggered you are. there's no way you're getting any pussy tonight tbh fam don't lie :^)

>> No.2652205

>>2652195

>more educated in the genre than you

lol

>> No.2652207

>>2652202
I'm not even OP lmao. thanks for confirming the lack of life/gf btw :^)

>> No.2652209

This is how most console wars go

>Genesis Bros Yeah the super nintendo is pretty fun but I prefer the more action oriented games on the Genesis
>SNES baby BLAST PROCESSING IS FAKE metroid, zelda, mario are objectively better than anything.
>Well have you tried these games
>I tried Sonic 2 it just wasn't as "objectively" good as metroid
>Go try these
>Okay, well I just didn't have fun and the graphics weren't as good
>That's okay you just don't like the older style games
>I AM SO A TRUE RETRO GAME FAN I LOVE METROID KIRBY AND MARIO REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>> No.2652212
File: 287 KB, 735x980, calico_9mm_100rd_helical_magazine.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652212

>>2652207
(^=

>> No.2652213

>>2652203

Seems you got triggered by the truth about your projection ;)
So you aren't getting pussy tonight? Don't worry fam, you'll soon go to prom, you'll decidedly get laid then! Trust in yourself!

>> No.2652216

>>2652213
>fam
can we ban this kid already? Fam, bae and all this nigger talk just needs to die.

>> No.2652217

>>2652209

Fuck, I'll bite

This is how most console wars go

>SNES Bros Yeah the genesis is pretty fun but I prefer the RPGs/platformer/adventure/whatever games on the SNES more
>Genesis baby MODE SEVEN IS FAKE sonic, shinobi and alex kidd are objectively better than anything.
>Well have you tried these games
>I tried mario 2 it just wasn't as "objectively" good as mortal kombat WITH BLOOD
>Go try these
>Okay, well I just didn't have fun and the graphics weren't as fast
>That's okay you just don't like the older style games
>I AM SO A TRUE RETRO GAME FAN I LOVE SONIC, ECCO AND RISTAR REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>> No.2652219

>>2652209
More like

>BAWWW MY FAMILY IS POOR AND WE ATE ROCKS FOR DINNER SO I ONLY HAD SONIC
>BAWWW AT LEAST IT'S BETTER THAN EVERYTHING ELSE BECAUSE IT'S THE GAME I GREW UP WITH DESPITE IT BEING A SLOW PIECE OF SHIT
>MORE ROCKS PLEASE MOMMY, I LOVE EATING ROCKS

>> No.2652223

>>2652217
>said no one ever.

>> No.2652224

>>2652219
>>2652217
>2 vs 1
cmon guys that's not fair

>> No.2652225

>>2652216
>all this impotent rage and sexual frustration
l m a o
m
a
o

>> No.2652226
File: 394 KB, 1600x1200, 1367980768203.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652226

>>2652219
>>2652217
>>2652209
It's more that ALL of these are true, which is why Console War threads should be holocausted.

>> No.2652235

>>2652224

to be fair I wasn't attacking him, just making a funny version of the sega fanboy.

I don't believe he actually wrote that thing with a straight face, it's parody.

>> No.2652237
File: 165 KB, 780x1014, 1432665767599.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652237

>>2652226
>It's more that ALL of these are true
yep

which is why the NEO-GEO® rules supreme. Nintoddlers, Segays & NEC (literally who?) can all get fucked up and inside out. the true king's here baby.

>> No.2652239
File: 562 KB, 1280x960, Rock Island Armory 1911, Freedom Munition .45ACP, and Chip McCormick Magazines.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652239

>> No.2652240

>>2652217
yeah except nobody does that lol. There was that one genesis shitbaby we had around for a while but he calmed down or left. Most of the time its just snes fags circle jerking the same 5 games.


>>2652219
I actually grew up with the SNES though and then moved to the genesis cause I like shmups and arcade style games best. I still think DKC2 is one of the best platformers of all time. I swear though most of you pick one side don't actually own both though. All the SNES fanboys just jerk off to the same games. There are total snes bros too but they get over shadowed by the one console pesants. We had that genesis retard too here I will admit but again he has calmed down at least.

>> No.2652243

>>2652089
your mum

>> No.2652246
File: 24 KB, 535x360, MP-15-sport.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652246

>>2652237
And there's this guy, there's always this one guy.
You're part of the problem as much as them.

>> No.2652248
File: 290 KB, 1200x844, 1391800866142.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652248

>> No.2652249

>>2652240

>implying there's only 1 autist that calmed down

I'm not here 24/7, but everytime I read genesis vs snes shit there's a lot of genesis fans who will shittalk the SNES, be either the slow cpu, how mode 7 sucks, how snes is all family friendly and don't have mature games, etc.
But yeah I won't say SNES fanboys aren't any less obnoxious, they seem to have a superiority complex regarding the Genesis, I owned both back in the day and still do now, and to me they're the single 2 best consoles ever made, can't pick one or another. They are a perfect complementation.

>> No.2652251
File: 134 KB, 800x600, M1 Carbine Choate.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652251

>> No.2652256
File: 952 KB, 2000x1333, 1431379638941.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652256

>> No.2652258

Genesis DOES
What NintenDON'T

>> No.2652261
File: 61 KB, 567x225, comp.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652261

>>2652237
How does it feels to pay triple the money for shittier games and poor variety?

>> No.2652262

>>2652258

This is Genesis vs SNES, not Genesis vs NES.

>> No.2652263
File: 1.82 MB, 2560x1920, life.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652263

>>2651541
>>2652256
>this faggot has been in this one thread posting guns for four hours straight
l m a o
m
a
o

>> No.2652264
File: 102 KB, 900x629, 1342404715521.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652264

I love how these aren't legally a "Short Barreled Shotgun" because they are 26" long and don't have a stock, resulting in them getting the catchall label "Firearm"

>> No.2652267
File: 373 KB, 1506x1004, scorpion_vz61.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652267

>>2652263
Low rent b8 m8, I have Netflix on in the background, it's not like I can't browse other threads at the same time m80, git gud

>> No.2652270
File: 18 KB, 480x360, hqdefault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652270

>>2652267
>no rly I have a life guiz
l m a o
m
a
o

>> No.2652273

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfBQppaKcS8

>> No.2652276

>>2652273
>Even celebs prefer sega

SNES BTFO

>> No.2652278

>>2652270
>projecting because guns literally trigger you

>> No.2652279

>>2652273
lol so that's where the san francisco hipster crew got their inspiration

>> No.2652281

>>2652276

I thought it was some video made by a youtuber.

>> No.2652282
File: 1.12 MB, 1600x1067, 7700777876_1a73b80485_h.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652282

>> No.2652283

>>2652281
Nah, it couldn't be, that video actually took effort

>> No.2652284

>>2652281
The left rights are the same guys from the band " Mindless Self Indulgence" MSI. They use this band to make wacky shit like this.

>> No.2652286

>>2652284

Oh alright, I know MSI.

>>2652283

only watched a bit but it reminded me of machinima videos

>> No.2652287

>>2652281
It's a side-project by the guy behind Mindless Self Indulgence. You know them as the band every Invader Zim fan is also a huge fan of.

>> No.2652289

>>2652287
>You know them as the band every Invader Zim fan is also a huge fan of.

This is true, doesnt change that some of their music is good. At least different.

>> No.2652292

>>2652289
Their first album is decent. Their Method Man cover predates Dead Grips by a whole decade.

>> No.2652293
File: 286 KB, 1280x914, 1413350784542.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652293

>> No.2652295
File: 28 KB, 640x448, md.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652295

Genesis has naked girls
Super Nintendo has gay dinosaurs and crying babies

Sega > Nintendo

>> No.2652306

>>2652295
>crying babies

stop getting hit

>> No.2652316
File: 107 KB, 932x651, lol.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652316

>>2652263
it's true

>> No.2652317

>>2652306
>wanting to play as a baby anyways
nintendo must know their audience, it's symbolic of manchildren who mentally aren't older than 2

>> No.2652320

>>2652317

>not enjoying kiddy and colorful games like Yoshi's Island and Ristar

your life must be so brown and grey.

>> No.2652323

>>2652320
More liek brown and GHEY amirite lmoa

brown from teh poo xD

>> No.2652342
File: 97 KB, 612x612, Mini-14 GB.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652342

>> No.2652347
File: 710 KB, 382x165, coonan.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652347

>> No.2652351
File: 1.34 MB, 2811x1989, Used Kahr K40 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652351

>> No.2652359
File: 230 KB, 900x504, biggun.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652359

>> No.2652362
File: 148 KB, 1280x960, tumblr_mzm3lpgnJY1qa93r9o1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652362

>> No.2652372
File: 740 KB, 1024x1024, 1386103815101.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652372

>> No.2652570

>>2652153
fag

>> No.2652605 [DELETED] 

This is AVGN's legacy, shitpost GENESIS vs SNES threads on /vr/

>> No.2652621
File: 784 KB, 1343x2835, zeldasux.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652621

>>2651287

No one buys Genesis clones because Genesis systems are abundant, for cheaper prices.

I've just read through this thread, it seems OP picked the most trollshit he could for this board and is now patting himself on the back. Can we expect a livestream of OP stomping on ants while yelling, "git gud" anytime soon?

Nigga straight pathetic. Here's some bait zelda shit to rile him up.

>> No.2652623

>>2652605
The most embarrassing part in that video is calling Genesis beat 'em ups "clunky" showing Streets of Rage 1 and just plain ignore that Streets of Rage 2 and 3 exist.

Funnily enough he played Streets of Rage 2 recently in a video with Mike and they couldn't even beat the game on Normal.

>> No.2652632

>>2652621

The only thing that triggers me about this pic is that it implies that, just because some retards regard Zelda 1 as the FIRST EVER adventure game, Miyamoto was lying about hid childhood memories and inspirations.

>> No.2652656 [DELETED] 

>>2652623
>SoR2
this meme is getting kinda annoying tbh

>> No.2652660

>>2652656
>games i dislike are memes
Fuck off tbh.

>> No.2652663

>pre-1995 gaming
>casual
Kids. Gaming didn't get casual until the Playstation and N64 started making games for you and your kind that cared more about graphics, story, and stylistic bullshit than gameplay and substance.

You are the definition of casual gaming.

>> No.2652683

>>2652660
no u tbh

>> No.2652684
File: 149 KB, 700x477, ps1_capcomgen_box.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652684

>>2652663
Except 5th generation got better arcade ports than the 4th gen ever wished.

>> No.2652692

>>2651129
>Super Mario World
>Super Metroid
>A Link to the Past

Casual trash, so SNES.

>> No.2652697

>>2651171
SuperFX was used on about 5 halfway good games.

Genesis is more casual because for some reason some unknown group of people decided a long time ago that RPGs make a console hardcore and the SNES had more RPGs. The Genesis vs SNES is like comparing the N64 to the PS1

>> No.2652706

>>2652697
Which is funny because jRPG is the plebest genre when it comes to skills or complexity.

>> No.2652707

>>2652697
>>2652706
it's cause of wave of new gamers that just started with final fantasy 7 then went back to the SNES and just circle jerk squaresoft online.

>> No.2652795

Genesis had the shitty sports games, but the SNES had jrpgs, which were the cinematic experiences of that time.

I would say Sega made harder games for the Genesis than Nintendo for the SNES, Eccho the Dolphin or Comix Zone are harder than any first party Nintendo game, unless you consider F Zero in the higher difficulties.

But there were very hard third party games for both. In fact I find the Star Wars games much harder than any of the Genesis Treasure games.
Super Empire strikes back was a 1993 game that felt like Kid Icarus from 86, as in, many people couldnt event beat the first levels.

>> No.2652796 [DELETED] 

>>2652660
>>2652683
tbh chill fam

>> No.2652797
File: 72 KB, 640x537, 1440913575933.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652797

>>2652795
>Genesis had the shitty sports games
>proceeds to list Ecco the Dolphin and Comix Zone
lmao

>> No.2652807

Trick question, the entire 16-bit generation was casual compared to the 8-bit generation.

Only a scant few series managed to avoid being casualized in the jump from 8-bits to 16-bits. Contra and Ghosts 'n Goblins are two of them.

>> No.2652813

>>2652807
Kinda agree, however PCE and Genesis were true to its roots for the most part, it's the SNES that felt like the the start of modern gaming, for better or worse.

>> No.2652828

SNES kids can't even list ten hardcore as FUCK videogames for their precious system.

>> No.2652841

>>2652828
Kirby Dreamland 3
Kirby Superstar
Super Mario World
Yoshis Island
Super Metroid
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3
Link to the Past
Final Fantasy 6

>> No.2652847

>>2652828
Contra 3, Super Ghouls n' Ghosts, ActRaiser 2, Arcana, Equinox, Plok, Super Star Wars, Super Empire Strikes Back, Super Return of the Jedi, and Final Fight.

Now stop shitposting with your console war shit.

>> No.2652851

Holy shit RIP /vr/

>> No.2652853
File: 239 KB, 1197x948, 1412656806802.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2652853

>>2652841
>any of those
>hardcore

>> No.2652854

>>2652851
nah man this is just a wave of shit posting it will pass. Kids are just mad they have school tomorrow

>> No.2652857

>>2652847
>Final Fight
i despise this fucking port, however i'm good at the arcade so i don't have much problems beating the SNES port.

>> No.2652862 [DELETED] 

>>2652853
i am a hardcore retro gamer REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>> No.2652863

>>2652841
I hope your post is ironic but if not...

>Kirby
Platformers you can infinitely fly in, thus rendering pits meaningless. Yawn.

>Mario World
Cape and blue yoshi make the game casual as fuck.

>Yoshi's Island
Health regen, 'nuff said

>Super Metroid
Too many overpowered upgrades like screw attack and space jump make the game casual as fuck.

>DKC games
Vomits lives at you and they aren't particularly that challenging aside from maybe the extra levels in 2 and 3.

>LttP
>FF6
RPG's aren't hardcore, repetitive farming/grinding can overcome any challenge without the player getting better.

>> No.2652864

>>2652857
I recognize that the SNES Final Fight isn't a good port. However, it's the version of Final Fight that my older brother and I grew up on, so I have a soft spot for it. To this day it still makes me sweat when I play it because you are limited to single player and you can't put in a quarter to continue playing.

>> No.2652872

>>2652863
>Too many overpowered upgrades like screw attack and space jump make the game casual as fuck.

Anon, even without the Screw Attack or Space Jump Super Metroid is piss-easy. It isn't that your items are overpowered, it's that enemies don't pose a threat to you at all.

>> No.2652874

In my school;

>Cool kids had Mega Drives

>Rich nerds had SNES

>Everyone laughed at the SNES faggots for having a shitter, slower machine

>Then Mortal Kombat 2 happened.

>Begrudging acceptance of SNES equality

>Then Hyper Magazine came out with screenshots of Donkey Kong Country

>All hell breaks lose

>SNES superiority errywhere

>> No.2652881

>383 posts
>52 posters

Great thread guys, keep up the good work and soon enough we'll officially be /v/ 2.0

>> No.2652885

>>2652237

>If you're playing Neo.Geo or 3DO, your parents are rich as fuck and you can afford to buy every fucking system anyway

>> No.2652886

>>2652864
Yeah i appreciate that they tried make the game challenging despite the SNES limitations, it's the only reason of why i prefer it over Final Fight 2 and 3, despite being a pretty butchered port.

>>2652872
>It isn't that your items are overpowered, it's that enemies don't pose a threat to you at all.
This is the main reason i don't get the love fr this game at all, it feels like wandering empty corridors collecting items for hours, enemies and bosses are pretty shitty, i only died once the first/only time i beat the game.

>>2652874
>Then Mortal Kombat 2 happened.
t-thanks Probe.

>> No.2652887

>>2652881
>soon

I have some bad news, Anon...

>> No.2652902

>>2652887
Yeah I know. I'm honestly surprised I didn't see it sooner.

>> No.2652997

>>2652881
>Great thread guys, keep up the good work and soon enough we'll officially be /v/ 2.0
Haha, 2 years too late my friend

>> No.2653005

>>2652997
So which had better music, SNES or Genesis?

>> No.2653012

>>2653005

OBVIOUS SNES BECAUSE GENESIS SOUNDS LIKE FAAAARTS XDDDD

>> No.2653096

>>2651810
Uuuh butthurt Sonic Fan? Snes not fast enough for you? Do you need a chilli dog to make you feel better?

In all honesty, I think the Genesis is better than the Super Nintendo, but definitely not thanks to Sanic.

>> No.2653101

>>2653005
Genesis music sounds like videogame music.
SNES music sounds like compressed real music.

Since we're on /vr/ and not /mu/, GEN wins.

>> No.2653105

>>2652605
>post deleted
wtf

>> No.2653814

>>2653005
Neither system had better music. It depends on the type of game you're composing music for, how you want that music to sound, and whether or not you know how to program for the YM2612.

Both systems had their share of great music and shitty music.

>> No.2654928

>>2651287
You can buy officially licensed Genesis clones today, that play the original cartridges, in both handheld and console form. On the other side, Nintendon't have exactly 0 official clones, requiring you to either resort to a 3rd party clone of varying quality, or pony up for a Wii U to re-buy a limited selection of games.

Also, the Genesis doesn't carry the Ninten-tax that the SNES has, so official genesis systems are cheaper, considering the genesis had a sligtly higher lifespan than the SNES, so clones have a smaller price gap when compared to the actual hardware.

Gen-X Clone :$40
Retro Trio/Retron 3: $60-70
Genesis: $20-$50

Retron 1: $15-$30
NES : $50-$100

Retro Duo/Retron 2: $40
SNES: $40-$80

>> No.2654931

>>2651129
Um, who gives a shit?
Both were really fun, I owned them both.
If one was more casual than the other, how is that relevant to anything?

>> No.2655089

>>2654931
We need to know who is more skilled at video games. This is always the ultimate question and is the main driver of video game discussion tbh. It's the very crux of gaming m8.

>> No.2655095

>>2655089
Sure, but there is no definitive answer.
It's a very subjective question, isn't it?
What I think is a badass game, someone else might turn around and say it's for casuals.
Though tbh, I play a bit of everything, except sports games, well, I like racing games and I guess that's a sport.

>> No.2655105

>>2654931
We're just curious.

>> No.2655106

>>2651129
SNES, no question, but it's still one of my all-time favorite systems. The main reason it's more casual is really because most of its games were slower paced and had battery saves, while the Genesis focused on fast-paced arcade games you had to beat in one sitting. I enjoy both systems greatly, but the SNES really wins it in terms of the comfiness factor, IMO.

>> No.2655231

>>2655095
>Sure, but there is no definitive answer.
There is. We must seek it out - through trial and error if need be.

>> No.2655283

>>2655105
>>2655231

The thing is that thise whole "hardcore and casual" mess that the media created wasn't a thing back then. It doesn't apply to retro consoles.

>> No.2655495

>>2655283
One was still generally easier than the other one. We must root out which one, even though it was obviously the --SNES-

>> No.2655506

>>2655495

Easier in what way? Consoles aren't easy or hard.
Both were pretty much the same in terms of setting them up and hooking to the TV with an RF cable or A/V cables, neither was harder to get running.
Both had more or less the same kind of pads, Genesis got only 3 buttons at first (still 1 more than the NES), but then they released the model 2 pad with 6 buttons. SNES had 4 face buttons and 2 shoulder ones (Genesis had a shoulder button but it was useless, wasted potential). So they're about even in terms of pad operation, too.

Genesis vs SNES was the most equal and amazing console war ever, and this /v/-tier attempts at recreating something so glorious with awful shitposting is saddening.

>> No.2655509

>>2655506
snes games were slower and generally much easier tbh. not as arcadey, and I say this as a gufe fan of the snes. lets not beat around the bush here m8

>> No.2655510

Genesis had a better sound chip than SNES.

An actual synth > shitty sampler.

Not only do you have to be a pleb, you have to be a deaf pleb to think that SNES's feeble attempt at sounding like a poorly compressed mp3 file is better than the crisp sound of an FM synth.

Why do you think most SNES games were RPGs and most music for those games was poorly emulated "orchestral" music? Because it was a console with a slow cpu and a shitty sound chip. Flutes were the only sound the SNES could produse that wasn't completely garbage.

>> No.2655523

>>2655509

try harder

>>2655510

It's been said countless times that both consoles had its good and bad points regarding their sound. Yes, FM synth is amazing, but if used by someone who didn't know how to work it out it sounded like a shitty chiptune mess.
Same with SNES, if it was used by someone who didn't know his shit, it was going to sound like shit. But get a developer who knows his stuff and the SNES could pull off its masterpieces.

Both consoles had great music, be it Yuzo Koshiro or Konami Kukeiha Club.

>> No.2655891

*farts*

>> No.2655906

>>2651143
What do specs have to do with casuality?

Really they're both even. The "casual" term wasn't even a thing back then that anyone took into account. From a realistic standpoint they're both very casual since they had games for all audiences even if they had a target audience.

>> No.2655936

>>2651436
>Afterburner

You can fuck right off. Afterburner II was the tits.

>> No.2656029

>>2652073
Final Fight 3 is good for a Super NES beat-'em-up, but HG101 sucks anyway.
>>2652054
HG101 kinda went to shit when they became the privilege police.

>> No.2656042

>>2656029
people who bitch about sjw are just as annoying
you realize only kurt kalata is an sjw, the site accepts contributors and a lot of people have written for it along the years. but yeah that valis 3 article did suck, fuck kurt

>> No.2656353

Genesis got like 5 Toaplan games, SNES got 0.

So, SNES.

>> No.2656359

>>2656353
Genesis has 0 IREM game.

>> No.2656363

>>2656353

Go back to the shmup thread

>> No.2656367

>>2656359
We didn't want your shitty sequels to R-Type anyways.

>> No.2656368

Best Toaplan game was the Snow Bros port

>> No.2656371

>>2651129
Interesting question. Genesis had the sports crowd that didn't care much for video games, but it also had the tougher-than-nails shmups and really fast-paced games. The SNES players were more devoted as a general rule, but their games were generally easier.

I would say that SNES was less casual overall, and that Genesis varied more towards the extremes of fanatics who can beat Alien Soldier in one go and people who stopped playing games when they were nine.

>> No.2656372

>>2656367
>not wanting R-Type 2/3 and Undercover Cops on the genesis
Literally shit tastes.

>> No.2656380

>>2656367

the fox and the sour grapes lol

>> No.2656386

>>2656372
>liking butchered R-Type 2 and the inferior third R-Type game compared to Leo
Literally shit tastes.

>> No.2656390

>>2656380
You mean about Nintenmanchildren not getting any Toaplan games? Yeah, enjoy those sour grapes, casual babies.

>> No.2656391

>>2656386
3 was good , and 2 would have been better on the genesis you moron, that's the point.

>> No.2656396

>>2656390

Been an idort all my life. :) You really are a console warrior? Like you didn't own both as a kid? LOL; what a shitty childhood.
Oh wait, you grew up with 6th gen consoles never mind.

>> No.2656401
File: 147 KB, 592x937, Kamiya_consolewar.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2656401

>> No.2656404

>>2656390
>>2656391

you people arent helping at making Sega fans not look like resentful autists.

>> No.2656405

>>2656391
3 was shit compared to the first game and Leo and you are correct, IREM's games would have been better on Genesis.

>>2656396
Had SNES and GEN as well among other systems but obviously preferred Genesis for its vastly greater library.

Now fuck off back to /v/ with your lame ass insults.

>> No.2656406

>>2656401
kek, based kamiya.

>> No.2656409

>>2656405

>he is the console warrior shitposting hipster
>tells me to go back to /v/

I really don't believe you had both consoles, in fact, I don't believe you were alive back when the SNES and Genesis were new.

>> No.2656414

>>2656409
And I should care about what you believe because?

>> No.2656419

>>2656414

Then why did you answer if you didn't care?

You sound like a hipster in his early 20s who just go into retro gaming and is trying to act hardcore by namedropping companies like Taoplan just to look hardcore. Go back to the shmup containment thrad if you want to act hardcore, and don't forget to use save states ;)

>> No.2656425

Nintendo kids sure do get defensive whenever someone brings up real facts about why a competing platform was better.

>>2656409
Here one fatass Nintendo fanboy is so intimidated that he has to accuse others of being underage b& because he has no real arguments to bring to the table.

>> No.2656428

>>2656419
Nah, I'd rather stay here and make you feel like the butthurt autist that you are.

>> No.2656429

>>2656425

Eh, I was always an idort as I said, and I generally do prefer the Genesis (but not because of "lel GOTTA GO FAST!!" meme, but because I used to be a segakid when I was a kid, now I can see that both consoles had great games)

Also, nobody did bring any valid argument thus far. It's all low tier shitposting.

>> No.2656439

>>2656425

Yeah man nintendo fans are the worst!!..... stop with the nintendo boogieman, nintendo fans can be annoying, but fags like you are no better and make sega fans look like immature children. As a lifetime Sega fan I don't want to be associated with the likes of you.

>> No.2656463

>>2652847
>Contra 3
ez
>Super Ghouls N Ghosts
Easiest of the series imo
>ActRaiser 2
>Arcana
>Equinox
Haven't played either
>Plok
easy platformer
>Star Wars Games
give you these
>Final Fight
trashed

>> No.2656468

>>2656429
Well we're in a shitty console war b8 thread anyway so might as well choose a side.

>> No.2656473

>>2656463

If you haven't played half these games, then why did you bother posting? It's obvious you haven't played enough SNES to give an unbiased opinion on the matter.

The fact you assume Plok is easy because it's a platformer, even if you didn't play it, gives you away.

>> No.2656475

>>2656468

Not an excuse, you're still making Sega fans look stupid.

>> No.2656481

>>2656473
>is easy cause it's a platformer
platformers are easy, I just didn't think plok was hard, and I've beaten a game
nice b8

>> No.2656489

>>2651129
Megadrive has an actual CPU, what does the Super Nintendo have besides a higher colour palette to make games look more fruity?

>> No.2656491

>>2656481
>platformers are easy

oh yeah, like Megaman and Gimmick? Shinobi and Castlevania can also be considered platformers.

>nice b8

nice /v/ language

You haven't played Plok, you just looked it up on google, saw it was a platformer with colorful, kiddy graphics, and assumed it's easy. It's not.

>> No.2656494

>>2651129
But why shitpost about only one, when you can shitpost about five at the same time?

Me and my wife enjoy doing this with our Retron 5.

>> No.2656501

>>2656481

>platformers are easy, I just didn't think plok was hard, and I've beaten a game

Did you actually beat it?

>> No.2656503

This video is pretty much the best analysis and assessment I've seen in the Sega Genesis vs SNES debate. As such, I consider it to be the final say in the matter.

http://youtu.be/T_MOqHyCUEc

>> No.2656506

>>2656503
>shilling for the Cuck himself for free
ayyyy lmao

>> No.2656512
File: 2 KB, 100x200, 1436992308257.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2656512

>>2656494

>> No.2656527

>>2656506
You have to admit, his arguments are well thought out, and he takes a neutral stance, pointing out the flaws of his younger self's argument and breaking down his analysis into different aspects of each console (graphics, sound, etc).

>> No.2656531

>>2656494
Yes, this is clearly our answer to these threads.

Shillposting beats shitposting.

>> No.2656543
File: 24 KB, 256x352, zelda laughing.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2656543

>>2656503
>>2656527

>> No.2656579
File: 54 KB, 177x178, 1300641824488jk.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2656579

>>2656527
Tell me you're joking. I like James but that video is incredibly misinformed.

>> No.2656771

>>2651129
Both they we're utter shit.

>> No.2656801

>>2652795
>I PLAY "JRPG'S" AS MY TRAP CARD
>cinematic experience

Nigga, go watch a fucking movie, or read a book. Don't start conflating your desire to another medium. JRPG's don;t mean shit to 90% of people who play videogames. Get fucked.

>> No.2656805

>>2656527

Get the fuck out of here Mike.

>> No.2656812

>>2651129
played both since release... since I was a wee lil newfag of 6.
>oldfag confirmed

both are casual.

but the real question is who had the casual ports and who had the hardcore ports?

nintendo was casual.
>but meh super FX chip
genesis the stronger SVP chip.

>> No.2656824

>>2656801
I think he meant they are as bad as sport games.

>> No.2656830

>>2656812
>but the real question is who had the casual ports and who had the hardcore ports?

Final Fight is easier on SNES
Turtles in time is easier on SNES
Gradius 3 is easier on SES
Strider is harder on genesis
Golden Axe is harder on genesis
Joe and Mac is harder on genesis

I i guess SNES is more casual.

>> No.2656927
File: 850 KB, 600x800, f93.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2656927

>>2656812
>Confirming yourself an oldfag.

>> No.2656959

>>2656830
Well duh, SNES was for kids, Genesis was for teens. Teens can handle a more difficult game.

>> No.2656960

ITT: People who think that "hardcore" means "difficult"

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action