[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 28 KB, 250x249, Warioland3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2644109 No.2644109 [Reply] [Original]

i hear this is pretty good

>> No.2644148

It's pretty amazing.

>> No.2644173

It ain't Wario Land 4 but damn does it come close

>> No.2644202

Level design is great, but I'm one of the few people who doesn't like the overworld design. I feel like I'm just doing fetch quests for the shadowy figure, without understanding how the items I'm collecting fits with the rest of the game.

>> No.2644273

>>2644202
The treasures you collect open up different levels, or different segments of levels. Some treasures don't lead to anything though. If you press Up while at the temple it'll say which level to go to next if you forgot.

>> No.2644443

I gotta try this! loved the sequel

>> No.2644451

It's not, you're thinking of Wario Land 2.

Gameplay consists of triggering cutscenes that remove (otherwise noninteractive) obstacles halfway across the world, then backtracking there. You need a color coded key to do so and whenever you use one you lose all other keys and get kicked out of the level. You spend half the game with your WL2 abilities gutted and you don't get new ones.

I really wanted to like it but it's just so formulaic and boring. No alternate level objectives or endings, just more fucking color coded chests. Oops, didn't trigger the right cutscene to open this door. Time to go home and ask the giant head to railroad me to my next arbitrary destination.

>> No.2644482

Elder God Tier:
Wario World

High Tier:
VB Wario Land

Mid Tier:
Super Mario Land 3
Wario Land: Shake It!

Low Tier:
Wario Land 2
Wario Land 3

Shit Tier:
Wario Land 4

>> No.2644584

>>2644273

I know that, but without knowing what effects the treasures have, I'm just blindly doing what the game tells me.