[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 39 KB, 300x267, revelations_the_demon_slayer_gbc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2592942 No.2592942 [Reply] [Original]

How the hell do I beat Lucifer?

>> No.2594205

>>2592942
Hit him until he dies. He hits hard but he's pretty honest IIRC.
Or you could just grind.

>> No.2594339

>>2592942
>Reminder Atlus tried pushing Megami Tensei franchise in the US as "Revelations Series". The first Persona on PSX is called "Persona: Revelations Series"

>> No.2594346

>>2594339

and the first Megaten-related game localized was a Virtual Boy spinoff

>> No.2594876

>>2594339
Wait, OP's pic is a SMT game?

>> No.2594889

>>2594876
No. It's a spinoff of Megami Tensei, just like Persona 1 and SMT.

>> No.2595017

>>2594876
Some people classify Last Bible as a spinoff of SMT but it's not even tangentially related, other than being published by Atlus.

>> No.2595723

>>2595017
So, having the same battle mechanics, and a recruitment system as well as a similar interface to MT1/2 and SMT doesn't make it tangentially related? Not trying to needle, but it's part of the metaseries, even if it was a very Dragon Quest kind of direction.

Hell, if not for my love of DQ, I'd not have found this game, and thus found the Megaten series in general.

>> No.2595756

>>2595723
You can recruit monsters, but that's it. I don't even know what you mean about the interface, it's just standard JRPG menus. It's a pretty bad game, truth be told. If you insist on playing one of these games the third one for SFC is decent. Apparently the first one was ported to the Gamegear with better graphics, as well.

>> No.2596056

>>2595756
You can combine them, too.

>> No.2598359

Rev up that Un alpha et omega eot tetragramaton

>> No.2598378

Even though I like the second Last Bible (3 is too far out there for me)'s gameplay more, I fucking love this game.

I dunno, like SaGa and Etrian Odyssey to an extent, I like the idea of most everyone not being the absolute best, but some pushing themselves further than they are usefully capable of, even at their own job/class. Basically, you use what you've got, because that's all you can do.
Example: some of the early demons with really good spells and shit MP, fighting-type demons who may have one really good stat, but poor stats and spell selections otherwise, and the three humans' spell selections are rather awkward before unlocking their bonus spells. I mean, it gets better and evens out a bit later on, but even still, there's a sense of a desperate uphill struggle and feeling of being way out of your league at times, especially if you don't overgrind (since, let's be honest, grinding is something needed to flat out survive in some areas).
I mean, hell, I had times where my entire party was fucked except for one demon who somehow carried the entire party throughout a fight on its own.
I really miss that sensation, and there isn't really much that captures it in quite the same way. SaGa to an extent, sure, but we haven't had one localized in fucking years (fantranslations are nice though), and even then, the sensation comes down somewhat to RNG and not a concious choice on the devs' part. Also, although I noted EO, you can easily grow out of that with the right strategies, skill point distribution, and even some good old grinding (especially when exploiting the healing spots).

>> No.2598396

>>2598378
Also, it has some of the dopest battle themes to ever grace the GB soundchip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyluUz0vvOc
Where the fuck is that composer now and how do I get him/her/it/whatever to get more work?

>> No.2600730

>check link related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqgPj8m1mxo
>oh neat, it's that game gear revamp of revelations/last bible 1
>wait, what the fuck is this shit
Man, just when I thought I knew, I got lost again.
I will never know what the fuck this game is about.