[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 28 KB, 379x373, oot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2498790 No.2498790[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Zelda1//2//Link To the Past//Majora's Mask on the other hand...

>> No.2498794

>>2498790
I'll take the bait and ask why? I personally don't care for that series, but I'm curious why you'd pick out that one in particular.

>> No.2498878

We're at the point now where Ocarine is underrated.

Link to the Past is the overrated and mediocre one.

>> No.2498893

After like 15 playthroughs, there's just too much bullshit in this game to make it an enjoyable ride anymore. Sequels just seem to increase the bullshit exponentially.

>> No.2498915

>>2498790
>OOT is overrated
>1,2 and MM are good
An hero. Now.

>> No.2498926

>MM and 2
>Better than OoT
So, did you fly in here from /v/?

>> No.2498929

OoT is the FF7 of the zelda franchise: good, but flawed game, that left an impression on a lot of people, but is overrated a little bit and has a disgusting fanbase that treats it like the best thing to ever happen in video games

>> No.2498931

>>2498790
>2
Ha!

>> No.2498932

>>2498790
>being this retarded

it shits over MM because it has more content.

>> No.2498934

I've tried/played 4 Zeldas: LA, OoT, ALttP and MM

I loved LA and OoT

I thought ALttP was meh

I tried playing through MM three times and every time I gave up out of boredom.

I love and adore LA and OoT, especially LA. The others I don't care for.

I don't understand fags that having played all the Zelda games. It's like the same thing over and over. You play one 3D Zelda you've played em all, one 2D Zelda you've played em all (inb4 Zelda 2).

But yeah. Zelda is kinda meh apart from LA and OoT :^)

>> No.2498936

>>2498934
>I tried playing through MM three times and every time I gave up out of boredom.

I really don't get that. what is boring about it? that whole Talmina place is more interesting than OoT ultimately.

>> No.2498951

How come Link's Awakening's dungeons, i.e. dungeons from a gameplay game, are better than A Link to the Past's dungeons (i.e. a SNES game)?

Also how come LA's world is better than ALttP's world even though it's in 8 bit?

>> No.2498960

>>2498934
>I thought ALttP was meh
Thank you! I hate to invoke this, but I really think a lot of the people who love it only do because they played it as a kid. It's so dragged out and dull.

>> No.2498974

>>2498929
Underrated post.

>> No.2498976

>>2498951
Because you can jump.

>> No.2498980

>>2498790
It's a good game, but I prefer the 2D Zelda's. Come to think of it I prefer the 2D Marios too. Going back to it after all these years is a little difficult because there has been more improvement in 3D games than 2D. As a result I expect more from 3D than I do from 2D and get disappointed.

I never had an N64 at launch because it cost £250 here in the UK and I had already bought a PS1 for £180 a year earlier. I got to play OOT in 2001 when my bro's friend just gave us his N64. Can't say I was that impressed even in 2001 because the rate of 3D development sky-rocketed.

>> No.2498982

>>2498980
2D and 3D mario are totally different experiences.

>> No.2499015

>The Legend of Zelda
People try to claim this game is outdated and shit, but it's actually the best game in the series. From a pure gameplay perspective it's a solid fun experience that's fairly challenging but ultimately rewarding.
Has none of the stupid memes of the later games with bullshit stories, slow openings, hand holding and baby difficulty.
It's just; Here's a cave, go in, get the sword, have fun.

>Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Gets a bad rap for being different and SOPAR HARD. It's funny, because the difference the RPG elements add ultimately makes the game pretty fucking easy. Being able to just level up your abilities and using broken spells removes most of the challenge.
The hardest part is the beginning, because you have basically nothing, which just goes to show that the complaining babies didn't even play through the first part.
It's not a flawless game, but it's a lot more fun than people give it credit for.

>A Link to the Past
Just the first Zelda, but with a lot more bullshit thrown in. Slow opening, boring obligatory story, way too fucking easy, holds your hand all the way through. All that bullshit started here, and to this day, Zelda games keep aping this one.
It's basically taking a fun game, and dumbing it down so even a retard can beat it. This completely fucks the entire gameplay of the game, because if nothing is challenging, you're just mindlessly doing shit to get it done with. Then it's just a job.
But people were awed by having everything served to them on a plate, so here we are.

>> No.2499018

>>2499015
>Ocarina of Time
Just A Link to the Past in 3D, with even more added bullshit. Even slower opening, more bullshit story, even more linear, literal hand holding hint character forced on you, puzzles are even more retard friendly, enemies are a god damn fucking joke.
Everything in this game is designed to make sure you don't fuck up, so you can have your cinematic experience of being THE HERO OF TIME, and asks nothing of you in return.
This is like Zelda for people who don't even like video games.
Also, the past and future world thing is bullshit because it basically makes you explore the exact same world twice. That's just pointless padding.

>Majora's Mask
Addresses some issues of Ocarina of Time, mainly by not being a 3D remake of A Link to the Past, but by also making the puzzles a little bit challenging, the time travel mechanic actually feel like proper time traveling and giving the game it's own mysterious and dark presentation, which is purely aesthetics, but it adds to the experience and works in distancing the game from the other Zeldas.
Sadly, the games features aren't very well integrated with each other. The masks feel underdeveloped, with the vast majority of them having little use except for some fun quirk or literally just using it on an NPC to get a heart piece. Very few of them have any effect on the actual gameplay, which would've been a lot more fun and added more variety to the gameplay.
The time mechanic is mostly just used inside the town, with the people having their daily routines and key moments you could interact with them. Outside town, this is just reduced to being a time limit for the dungeons as the rest of the world behaves like the characters from Ocarina of Time, being mostly completely stationary.
Going between the main objective of the dungeons and the side quests with the people of Clock Town feels like two completely different games as a result, and I don't think that's very good design.

>> No.2499021

>>2498893
>playing any game all the way through more than about 5 times
Well there's your problem

>> No.2499057

>>2498790
Link to the Past is boring as fuck and just as overrated. At least when FFVI fanboys circlejerk over their game they have a valid point.

>> No.2499058

>>2498790
I HATE child Link

>> No.2499060

>>2499021
That's a fallacy, plenty of others games I played a fuckton more and they are still fresh as fuck. OoT is just rigged with bullshit ruining the experience.

Video games are like movies, the good ones endure the test of time. The others just don't. Rewatches/replays quality will tell if it's no good.

>> No.2499107

>>2498929
I love Ocarina of Time as a nostalgia fag, but I agree with you

>> No.2499121

>>2498936
Termina

>> No.2499161

>>2499015
>>2499018
Do Links Awakening and the Capcom ones next.

>> No.2499170

>>2499161
Haven't played Link's Awakening in years, and never the Capcom ones.

>> No.2499218

>>2498790
Do fairies heal you fully when you've collected every single heart piece and container?

>> No.2499243

>>2498929
>flawed game
Not only is it an amazing game it has established standards still used and very much expected today.
Z targeting.
On screen minimap with indicators.
A day and night cycle

Thinking OoT is anything less than great... Ya you're probably a kid.

>> No.2499260

>>2498878
> it's overrated now so it's mediocre.

That's how I read it. Sorry.

>> No.2499264

>>2498878
Agreed. It's funny how things flip

>> No.2499290

>>2498932
>>>/nostalrius/

>> No.2499332

>>2499060
>>2498893
There is no single piece of media, that isn't music, that I've enjoyed from start to finish 15 times.

>> No.2499381

Every Zelda game is GOAT.

>> No.2499391

speaking of zelda, minish cap is probably the most underrated

>> No.2499415

>>2498790
1 is still the pinnacle of the series. OOT is insanely overrated, but it's still the only decent 3D Zelda.

>> No.2499441
File: 86 KB, 575x336, 17im5td5um34jjpg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2498790
I dislike the gameplay of the 3D Zeldas for introducing a ponderous amount of unintuitive movement of both Link and the camera, but for me OoT represents a worse change for the series, one that has affected all titles since: an overwhelming amount of narration.

Zelda games are clearly games that don't need much in the way of narration. You don't need to be constantly guided around. You don't need, nor necessarily want, repeated and exhaustive explanations of game mechanics and plot points. The series thrives when certain things are left to mystery. It's nice to be given hints, but I'd really rather not hear again about Ganon's backstory nor the goddesses nor that I can use bombs to make things explode.

Moreover, I dislike the move toward the manga/"serious" aesthetic. This is a far more subjective criticism. I would like to see the series look more like ALttP or Wind Waker. Cartoony, but with an element of grit and darkness.

Now, if a Zelda game came along that looked like Katsuya Terada's illustrations, I would simply adore that. His work just has this perfect balance of ruination and heroism, utilizing beautifully muted tones with exciting saturated splashes. It can't be called too Eastern nor too Western. It's just authentic and visceral and yet fantastic.

>> No.2499452

>>2499441
They might as well make the upcoming game have an optional tutorial dungeon you can play before getting into the real game.

Also, when I'm several dungeons in, save me from the explanation of what a key does, what the dungeon map does, and what the compass and Big/Boss key do. Same with bombs, and other common, consumable items. Display it the first time, then offer item explanations on the inventory screen for people with short attention spans.

For the bits I've heard, it sounds like they're going to try and take the next "official" entry in the series back to its roots. I hope this is the case.

>> No.2499460

>>2499218
I don't think they do in ALTTP. Not sure how many hearts they refill off the top of my head. I wanna say 8, but yeah, I'm not looking anything up.

>> No.2499468

>>2499441
>an overwhelming amount of narration
LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THE GODDESSES

btw you can't skip this crap

TIME TO KICK YOUR ASS GANONDORF

A speech first, laddy.

I don't even want to talk about SS.

>> No.2499471

>>2499468
>>2499441
Both LoZ and LttP came with a manual filled with lore and a fold out map.

Now you're bitching because they put that stuff in the game?

>> No.2499475

>>2499471
You do realize the issue is that those things are just unskippable narration trash that gets in the way of a playthroughs once you saw them once? If you can't have the option to skip them, they WILL kill replayability. The fact those came in the manual for both LoZ and LttP means that the lore exists without getting in the way of the game.

>> No.2499478

>>2499471
It's fine in a manual. You can read it when you're not playing. You can reference it as you need.

For it to be regularly crammed down your throat during play can be frustrating. No, Navi, I do not want to listen. I never wanted to listen.

Moreover, I wouldn't describe my points as 'bitching.' I think I justified my opinions satisfactorily.

I simply think the games and gamers in general would benefit from being left to explore the world and lore at their own pace rather than be guided too heavily.

I know this is a trend that actually began with ALttP, but at least in that game no 'helper' was constantly reminding the player of obvious things, nor did I have to constantly move a camera around the room to understand how I fit into the environment.

>> No.2499480

>>2499475
Depending on the 3d Zelda you're talking about, cut scenes are often used to help load the level.

>lore exists without getting in the way of the game.
Have you even played the games without a walk through? How old are? You are completely dependent on the manuals, map and what ever you can learn in game.

>> No.2499482

>>2499478
(I mean, I can't be the only one who enjoys reading manuals as their own activity, right? I want that information. I read my RPG handbooks as I settle down for bed, I read game manuals while I let my eyes rest from staring at a screen for too long, I read board game manuals on the toilet so I can teach the games to friends at a later time.)

>> No.2499483

>>2499478
>nor did I have to constantly move a camera around the room to understand how I fit into the environment.
That's the point of 3d.

>> No.2499516

>>2499015
>but it's actually the best game in the series.
Meh. I personally found it to be boring (just like all the other Zeldas). I personally thought Golvellius, Alundra, and the two Neutopias dd the whole concept better.

>> No.2499531

I find the cut scenes a little excessive also. I've always found details of supposed magical gods stupid and pointless. navi however rarely annoys me. If anything I fact I find her voice cute and sexy.

>> No.2499535
File: 40 KB, 250x230, disgust.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2499531
>If anything I fact I find her voice cute and sexy.

>> No.2499545

OoT felt like a fairy tail come to life and was absolutely magical at release when I was 12. It was the kind of game I daydreamed about in class, couldn't wait to play it once I got home from school. It was also the only game along with LA that gave me feels. When it was over I was actually sad that my journey had come to an end and that it was very unlikely that anything would grip me like that in a video game adventure again. It did happen though. Years later with Dark Souls first playthrough when I was about 24-25. Couldn't believe I was that immersed in a video game again, and in my adult life at that. I didn't get feels when it was over though; just said fuck yeah and went into NG+, made builds, PVP, etc. Such a great game. Dark Souls is Zelda for grown ups amirite?

>> No.2499576

>>2498790
I honestly believe that OoT only got love out of Nintendo fanboys because the N64 had so few truly great games. At absolute most, what? 9? If you REAAALY stretch it quite a lot.

Kind of like how Gamecube owners genuinely thought that Resident Evil 4 was the greatest game ever made, and it was just a brain dead hallway shooter with zero level of challenge because enemies barely fought back.

Basically, lack of variety and volume lead these people to think that every 6/10 or 7/10 game that they got was a solid 10/10 (or better), simply because they had very little to compare them to. They then can "back this up" by saying that they DO in fact get 10/10 games (and they do), but said games were almost always different genres, so that limited the basis of comparison.

So let's say your average N64 owner played a genuine 10/10 game like, let's say F-Zero X. So they know what a really and truly great game is like.
So then they play OoT, but it's literally the ONLY action adventure game on the entire console. They know that they like it and that they haven't played anything like it, so it MUST be amazingly awesome and unbeatable in all ways.

Meanwhile, PSX owners had Brave Fencer Musashi, Blood Omen, Soul Reaver, Threads of Fate, Alundra and a slew of other great action adventure titles. And sure, the over all quality may not be on par with OoT, but they all did many, MANY things better and were all genuinely better games on the whole.

And nintendofags be all like: "M-muh Z targeting!" Because they don't realize that there's more to these games than the lock-on system, having played literally ONE of them.

But maybe that's all just me. IDK.
OoT's still a decent game, but that's all it ever was; decent.

>> No.2499589

>>2499531
>I've always found details of supposed magical gods stupid and pointless.
I don't mind a little fictional lore that fleshes out the world here and there, but only as long as it isn't too wordy and it has some relevance to the plot.

>> No.2499594

>>2499576
this nigger knows what's up

>> No.2499608
File: 76 KB, 470x531, keanu.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2499576
m8. You're a grown man and you're still wrapped up in the N64 vs PS console war. Maybe it's time to grow up a little yes? Put aside the autism (if you can), get a job, get laid. These things will matter less then, I promise you.

>> No.2499613

>>2499608
You see me now a veteran of a thousand console wars ~

>> No.2499625

>>2499545
Dark Souls really does feel like a grown up version of Oot. The big open world, complex melee combat, dark bleak dungeons, huge bosses, visible armor and weapon changes. They're both amazing and immersive games, no matter what the internet says.

>> No.2499749

>>2499608
Not him but... jesus what is it with idiots like you?
If you don't want to talk about retro games don't fucking come here tard.

AUTISM. MANCHILD.
AUTISM. MANCHILD. herrr derrr job.

yeah we get it, now fuck off forever.

>> No.2499835

>>2499545
I've never played Dark Souls but if I can believe what the internet says, every single game more than 15 years old is the retro version of it

>> No.2499845
File: 10 KB, 139x104, 0GOOUjL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2498790
>calls OoT not good
>imply that zelda 2 and majora's mask are
everyone can have an opinion, but yours is wrong

>> No.2499853

>>2499835
>this game is really hard
>you die a lot
>cool bosses
>git gud
There was a "retro games just like Souls" thread a while back and people were saying shit like Makaimura and Wizards & Warriors.

>> No.2499881

>>2499845
Not him, but I'm sorry you don't agree with it.

>> No.2499893

>>2499749

It is possible to talk about retro games without drudging up decades old fanboy shit that doesn't matter because these consoles are all dead. Seriously, I don't understand how anyone can not want to just play everything retro they can get their hands on instead of hanging on to the brand loyalist crap they believed when they were dumb kids.

>> No.2499921

>>2499478
>I simply think the games and gamers in general would benefit from being left to explore the world and lore at their own pace rather than be guided too heavily.

Try metroid, specifically Super Metroid, if you want this sort of thing, no hand holding just exploration.

>> No.2499932

>>2499332
Paintings.

>> No.2499938
File: 23 KB, 453x500, a9e.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2499749
>allowing 4chan to trigger you

>> No.2499942

>>2499243
>lock-on
Tomb raider had that much before zelda
>on screen map with indicators
Doom had that
>day and night cycles
Castlevania 2 had that much before zelda

>> No.2499978

>>2498878
>Link to the Past is the overrated and mediocre one.
absolute bullshit. LTTP may not the best zelda game, but it's far from overrated and a great game overall.

>> No.2500003

>>2498936
I agree with him. I've tried playing it twice, and both times I gave up before the Great Bay temple. The whole world felt empty to me.

>> No.2500042

>>2500003
Meh. I thought both worlds felt empty.

>> No.2500095

>>2500003

As opposed to areas in OoT that were teeming with life and interest such as Hyrule Field. Oh wait, it was barren and boring.

>> No.2500665

>>2500003
Can't get more empty than Hyrule Field.

>> No.2500669

>>2500095
It's barren and boring now. It was amazing in 1998.

>> No.2500681

>>2499613
My energy is spent at last, and my armor is destroyed.

I have used up all my weapons and I'm helpless and bereaved.

Wounds are all I'm made of!

Did I hear you say that this is victory?

>> No.2500703

>>2499978

>it's far from overrated and a great game overall.

It's not up to you if something is overrated. The general consensus now seems to be a majority saying "aLttP/MM are better than OoT!"

It's cool to hate on OoT now, so it's losing it's status of being overrated.

>> No.2500705

>>2498960

See, I think nostalgia has such a big impact.

I first played aLttP on the GBA and didn't care for it a whole lot. Then I played it 5 years later on the Wii and liked it a lot, entirely because it was sort of nostalgic.

It is a great game, but not that great without that added nostalgia bonus.

>> No.2500720

>>2499625
My nigga.

>>2499835
>I've never played Dark Souls
Well what are you waiting for m8?

>> No.2500725 [DELETED] 

>>2499893
>instead of hanging on to the brand loyalist crap they believed when they were dumb kids.
The funny thing is, not even as a 12 year old kid was I as huge a fanboy as I find grown people are on 4chan. That's saying something.

>> No.2500792

>>2498960
Maybe, but you can toss out that tired appeal to nostalgia argument with any piece of media once enough time has passed. So yes, you should hate to invoke it, because it's stupid and likely won't get you anywhere.

I think it's clearly self-evident that A Link to the Past holds up and stands the test of time for many people. I've replayed it several times over the years and still consider it an excellent game and one of the best in the series.

>> No.2500793
File: 1018 KB, 300x167, 1435215464373.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2498790
>>2498893
>slow-paced, exploration-oriented PvE game isn't fun after 15 playthroughs
Gee, I wonder why.

People that shit on OoT are usually mentally disabled, can never take them seriously. It was so ahead of its time, just compare it to Tomb Raider, King's Field or something.

There is a reason it was and still is considered one of if not the best game ever made, and that's not because people were bored and just thought it would be funny to give a game this title.

>> No.2500806

>>2500793
>slow-paced, exploration-oriented PvE game isn't fun after 15 playthroughs
No it isn't fun after 15 playthroughs because the bullshit cuts the fun short.

The bullshit being the unskippable cutscenes, the intrusive Navi and the Owl harassing you, the fetch quests, the puzzles having little to no replay value, the painful lack of challenge even with 3 hearts.

OoT is filled with bullshit killing the replayability.

>There is a reason it was and still is considered one of if not the best game ever made
The cancerous and immature fanbase that holds to nostalgia.

>> No.2500820

>>2499332
>he hasn't seen the Shawshank redemption

>> No.2500824

>>2500720
Never played Dark Souls either and frankly don't feel like doing so. I tend to stay away from games with a never-ending hype trend and fanboys preaching that it's ze best game evar.

>> No.2500825

>>2500806
Again, those things aren't boring or annoying the first time you play the game and it's not supposed to be fucking finished by some turbo autist. It isn't a highscore game or something. It's an action adventure and exploration-based. All the "difficulty" and tension in this game solely comes from exploring the world, finding all the secrets and minmaxing your character.

I'm pretty disgusted by people like you.

>The cancerous and immature fanbase that holds to nostalgia.
No, the people that actually were born in the 80s and that realized Ocarina of Time makes 99 % the games on PS1 and N64 look like fucking dog shit because it's so good.

>> No.2500827
File: 351 KB, 704x360, miyazaaaaaakiiii.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2499835
People that compare Dark Souls to Zelda are basically people that never played more than two "retro" games with both of them being Zelda. Almost every Atari game resembles Dark Souls more than any Zelda game, there are many actual "open world" games with actual traps and dungeon crawling.

Dark Souls also is fucking terrible and overhyped by 12 year olds. It's a disgusting, boring, trial and error infested piece of shit without any variety that takes itself way too seriously and is edgy as fuck.

>> No.2500828

>>2500825
>not supposed to be fucking finished
*15 times

>> No.2500830

>>2500825
>Again, those things aren't boring or annoying the first time you play the game
Just like toilet paper isn't supposed to be dirty shit before using it.

>> No.2500834

>>2500824
>not playing a great game because of a fanbase
Kek. I'm glad I'm not an autist that defines himself by video games.

>>2500827
>that webm and filename
Shit son, you need to go outside more.

>> No.2500835

>>2500830
So you finished this game that you don't like and think is comparable with dirty toilet paper 15 times. Why you think anyone should take your autistic shit opinion seirously? You're retarded, literally. You're one of the dumbest fucks I've seen on the internet today, that includes NeoGAF's on and off topic threads.

Play some King's Field or something if you want to see how incredibly good OoT is for its release time.

>> No.2500838

>>2500834
>kek
>autist
>go outside more
Thanks for proving my point.

>> No.2500839

>>2500834
>Shit son, you need to go outside more.
When you see it that often it just means you browse as many threads as he does. And that you don't know this makes you even more retarded than him by default.

>> No.2500840
File: 2.00 MB, 640x480, multiplayer awesomeness.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2500834
>he doesn't know you can save files with the given name

>> No.2500841
File: 2.71 MB, 1280x720, 14275ß036925.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2500834
>Shit son, you need to go outside more.
MIYAAAZAAAKIIIIII

>> No.2500843
File: 1.94 MB, 640x480, majoras mask.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2498790
Well, I don't know a PS1/N64 game that has as many great tracks (even the gimmicky ocarina melodies were amazing), such a fresh if not groundbreaking gameplay mechanic (time travel) and twist, such a lovely art style in combination with a huge multi-region open world, day and night cycle, weather effects, many complex dungeons with several floors and puzzles, fun mini games, optional shit to do everywhere, real time combat, some non-linearity and an interesting story on top of that. Only Majoras Mask comes close and that's not fair because it's two years younger and is 60 % rehash.

>> No.2500845

>>2500835
>So you finished this game that you don't like
Never said I didn't like it. Who would play through a game they don't like multiple times?

>think is comparable with dirty toilet paper 15 times
Nope, your opinion of it >>2500825 puts it at the same level as toilet paper, being of good use the first time only is enough to justify its quality.

>>2500835
>Play some King's Field or something if you want to see how incredibly good OoT is for its release time
>see how incredibly good OoT is for its release time

>>2499060

>> No.2500846
File: 246 KB, 736x656, life.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2500838
I'm still glad I'm not an autist that defines himself by video games.

>>2500839
Not really. I hardly come to this shithole but that clown always seems to be here. Also I'm not the one sperging out over a game reposting the same webm over and over every time it's mentioned. Kind of a sad existence tbh :)

>>2500840
lol sure kiddo

>> No.2500850

>>2500845
Just stop shitposting man, the old "l-look, I'm bashing OoT which is considered the best game ever, look at me" thing is just childish and annoying, mostly because people never come up with some decent criticism. You don't even say what games you've played that are somehow better.

And yes, there are games that aren't supposed to be finished multiple times; RPGs/dungeon crawlers/action adventures and so on. They're purposely slow-paced and focusing on exploration. The most enjoyable and satisfying thing about them is solving puzzles and checking out new areas. Both is basically gone after the first playthrough, you know everything and you can't really polish any cruicial skills by replaying the game.

It's like you finish Final Fantasy VII for 15 times and then wonder why it isn't fun anymore... completely ignoring the best thing about it was the story and the twist that, obviously, only works once.

You're a retarded and should be euthanized.

>> No.2500852

>>2500843
I'm still amazed by the range this game has. It's comfy, funny, serious and then even fucking creepy, like literally fucking creepy at times. OoT and MM. True masterpieces.

>> No.2500856
File: 353 KB, 202x341, gentlemen.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2500846
>lol sure kiddo
Well, it's true.

>> No.2500860

>>2500806
>the puzzles having little to no replay value,
>even says it himself that the game has no replay value
>still replays it
Literal autism. Zelda games are one trick ponies. Amazing experience but you should keep it as that.

Maybe replay it after a few years when you forgot almost everything.

>> No.2500862
File: 12 KB, 203x200, 1406580249228.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2500856
>tfw I'll be getting laid in an hour and you'll be here posting memes

>> No.2500908

>>2500669
I don't think it's that much bigger than, say, Bob-omb Battlefield, which had much more content.

>> No.2500916

>>2500793
>It was so ahead of its time, just compare it to Tomb Raider, King's Field or something.
Something being ahead of its time doesn't stop it from having glaring flaws and getting dated.

>> No.2500919

>>2500825
>No, the people that actually were born in the 80s and that realized Ocarina of Time makes 99 % the games on PS1 and N64 look like fucking dog shit because it's so good.
But the only people who mindlessly praise Ocarina is the 90s generation who grew up with it?

>> No.2500920

>>2500862
>bragging on a message board about the fat uggo you're going to be putting your sad little dick in

>> No.2500923

>>2498790
Nice edgy contrarian meme opinion