[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 15 KB, 320x240, Saturn-Maria-Drop-Kick.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2480486 No.2480486 [Reply] [Original]

I always kept hearing about how bad this port it. Complaints about the load times and such, but I tried it and the load times aren't even bad. Can barely notice them. The graphical downgrades are only noticable if you look for them and the slowdown isn't major. Maria is an awesome playable character.

Anyways I still prefer the PSX version if I'm playing as Alucard and Richter, but the Saturn version is awesome for Maria. Plus there's nothing you need to read when playing as her so being only in Japanese is all good

>> No.2480528

>>2480486
Try playing it on the real console, and for more than 5 minutes.

The slowdown gets ridiculous by mid-game, especially with the bosses. And the graphic downgrade becomes worse and worse on many parts of the game, like the church.

>> No.2480547

>>2480528
the main slowdown problem is when opening and closing the menu

so it's not that bad if you're playing as maria/richter

>> No.2480579

It's not as good ans the Playstation version but anyone who says that it's bad or unplayable is nuts.

>> No.2480679

>>2480486
I can't stand that I have to pause the game and go through the menu whenever I wanna look at the castle map as opposed to just pressing select. Really fucks with the flow if you don't know the layout well enough.

>> No.2480683

i wonder if a hack that loads the map through L+R would be possible?

>> No.2480859

The best way to describe this game would be "rough around the edges." Looks like a decent port otherwise, buy certainly not perfect.