[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 286 KB, 900x1219, smb3 2 artwork.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2468136 No.2468136 [Reply] [Original]

This game is important, but I can't get over the fact that it has some flaws that even the first SMB didn't have.

>Level design is pretty inconsistant
>Level lenght vary from too short to TOO FUCKING SHORT and are mostly uninteresting design-wise
>Hubworld is basically useless because it erases the progress of the world everytime you lose, giving you no sense of completion whatsoever
>Bosses are easy and redundant

I still like the game (especially because of its top notch controls), but these things really spoil my enjoyment.
Why is it considered a masterpiece? Is it really that good?

>> No.2468147

>>2468136

Look at other similar games at the time. It really was that good, yes. I still love it to this day, and it's not nostalgia talking because there are plenty of games I can stand playing now that I used to love. It's just a great game.

>> No.2468149

I honestly never really liked it or any 2D Mario, and I feel like a massive contrarian tool just saying that.

>> No.2468154

>>2468136
1.The game was made for 10 year olds.
>short levels
It's a mario game. Which game actually has long levels?

>> No.2468158

>>2468149
That's okay, I don't like any 3D Mario games. Just doesn't work for me.

>> No.2468161

>>2468147
But even in SMB1 the level design was at least decent, it seems to me like they put so much content into the game, but not much of it was of high quality.
There are too many levels, and they lasts 1 minute each on average.

>>2468154
Super Mario Bros. 1 and SMW had longer levels

>> No.2468162

>>2468161

I love that about the game, personally. Something about the little "scenes" that I really like.

>> No.2468167

>>2468154
It wasn't made for 10 year olds shithead. It was made for all ages. 10 year olds were a primary demographic, yes. Why do people have to repeatedly say such ignorant shit on this board just to be offensive and just to be a dick is beyond me, what's wrong with you.

>> No.2468179

>>2468167
The target market for the game was little kids. What the fuck is wrong with you?

>> No.2468184

>>2468179
Almost every game is marketed at kids, don't know why that is a problem.
Cartoons too.
That doesn't mean a grown man can't enjoy games like Mario or a Ghibli movie

>> No.2468192

>>2468184
>... and I'm an anime faggot.

Go away. We don't need/want your support to say that Mario is an adult game as much as a child's one.

>> No.2468193

>>2468184
The reason for alot of these "shortcomings" is the simple fact that the game is for kids. It's not supposed to be over complicated.You can enjoy it just fine. It's gonna be kinda easy, and have short levels and shit like that. Now calm your self.

>> No.2468195

>>2468193
It isn't easy at all you ape. Did you beat all the last worlds fully, and still call it "easy"? It's medium to hard difficulty.

>> No.2468203

>>2468195
go back to /v/

>> No.2468208

>>2468192
Calm your tits.
I dislike the majority of animation if I have to take modern animeas a reference, I was just trying to make a point.

>>2468193
That doesn't explain anything.
Super Mario World, apparently a game for kids and KIDS ONLY, is both an easier and better designed game than SMB3, and I happen to enjoy it very much.
In fact it's my favorite 2d platform ever.
I just think SMB3 is overrated

>> No.2468225

>>2468208
So you like kid shit. No big deal. Stop acting like one. I'll try to dumb it down for you. So they want kids to get the game. They don't have lore like dark souls. Dont have shit controls. Cartoony as fuck. When the term "kids" is thrown around, It does not mean that ONLY KIDS can enjoy the game you short sighted fuck. So easy bosses,short levels yada yada ya

>> No.2468227

>>2468195
>It's medium to hard difficulty.

This trolling is almost masterful. In the hilarious situation of you being serious...

By today's game standards, I'd be willing to subject this game to 'medium' difficulty, but that's just because it's an insult to current games. When this game came out, it was one of the few games that nearly everyone had beaten. If you really think this isn't an easy game, you must not have played many games before the PS2 era.

I can't think of a NES first party platform that was easier than SB3, and really only a couple third party platformers. SB2 nipped at the heels, but that was it.

>> No.2468234

The hub world does save progress, with the keyhole doors and whatnot.

Also, the hubworld is supposed to be a board game. Winning cards after stages, flipping level cards on the board-style map to match the letter of the character who cleared it, item tray on the map, simple mini-games based on cards and slot machines, player vs player challenge stages to compete for cards, etc. The whole game is designed like a boardgame, though some of this feeling is certainly lost when playing with just one player.

>> No.2468243

>>2468225
That's funny because Dark Souls is an easier game than SMB3, but whaterver.
Anyway yes, I do like 'kid shit' if that means Mario games, Zelda games, GnG games and every other game that has 'cartoony' aesthetic.
If you think this determines a game quality or complexity, you are an ignorant retard, close minded piece of shit.

>>2468227
It's by no means a hard game, but I agree with him in saying that it's not super easy either

>> No.2468247

>>2468136
>Level length vary from too short to TOO FUCKING SHORT and are mostly uninteresting design-wise
What the fuck are you talking about? Super Mario Bros 3 was packed to the gills with awesome shit. 1-3, the angry sun and block pyramid stages in world 2. The boss bass and jelectro stages from world 3. The split path, para-beetle, and fire chomp stages from world 5. Pretty much everything from worlds 6, 7, and 8.

>>2468208
>I liked SMW
Opinion discarded. That game was a fucking mess of shitty jump physics and dumb gimmicks. In fact, that was the entire design philosophy of that game, whereas smb3 was focused on creating interesting platforming situations.

>> No.2468250

>>2468243
Seriously, get the fuck out of here.

>> No.2468251

>>2468227

Okay you can talk about "almost masterful" trolling all you want and talk about "hilarious situation" but it's actually you who are full of shit. Even at the time reviewers found the difficulty of the game to be very high:

> Criticism focused on particular aspects of the game. Miller considered the inability to save progress a drawback, since gamers will have to play the entire game in one sitting if they wish to complete it.[14] Rignall described the audio and visuals as being outdated in comparison to games on the Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo Entertainment System systems.[12] The game's difficulty was also criticized by some critics.

My friend had it on Super Mario All Stars ie. you could save it at each world and even though I had the game many times I didn't beat it fully until years later.

Did it ever strike you that the reason you figure it is easy is because you were playing it since you were very young and played through it hundreds of times huh? derrrrrr. A game that is played so much is obviously going to seem easier over time... because you played it a lot.

Maybe if you weren't so busy in your imaginary world where other people are so lame you have a clue of the fucking reality.

>> No.2468253

>>2468243
>It's by no means a hard game, but I agree with him in saying that it's not super easy either
I'd agree it's not super easy. But on a scale of Easy/Medium/Hard, I'd say it falls in Easy. In the NES era, there are just too many games harder than it to slot it anywhere else.

>> No.2468257

>>2468251
You sure got me!

It's not like you can go straight from level 1 to 8 without cheat codes or anything...

But hey, I've met people who couldn't even finish Chrono Trigger due to the difficulty. So I easily believe there are people who just can't wrap their brain around SMB3.

>> No.2468262

>>2468251
>Even at the time reviewers found the difficulty of the game to be very high:
>The game's difficulty was also criticized

I don't mean to sound like a tool, but that sentence doesn't really make it clear whether or not critics were saying the game was too easy or too hard.

>> No.2468268
File: 97 KB, 1280x720, tumblr_mihygwBKi61qevnqqo3_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2468251
>Miller considered the inability to save progress a drawback, since gamers will have to play the entire game in one sitting if they wish to complete it

>they didn't know about the Warp tunnels

>> No.2468270

>>2468251
>>2468262
Note that the US release of the game had quite a few things made easier. For example, the Japanese version would take the player from powered up to small on a hit (Tanooki -> Small Mario) . On US version, the player would only go down one step (Tanooki -> Large Mario -> Small Mario). Dungeon designs were also toned down in complexity.

See here for some visuals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=39&v=dZQaDJKBYAo

>> No.2468271

>>2468247
>smb3 was focused on creating interesting platforming situations
You best be trolling.
Many levels can be completed with little to no platforming.
Often times platforming is not required, you just go right and finish the level, and these are not special cases.
SMW was tightly designed, every level had though put into it.
That doesn't mean SMB3 has only shit levels, but the bad/useless ones surpass the good ones.

>>2468253
Difficulty in some infamously hard NES games is ridiculously overrated.
I beat Castlevania the first day I ever played it in a few hours, Ghouls n Ghost was also pretty average difficulty-wise.
I'd say SMB3 is on the same level.

>> No.2468276

>>2468270
>Dungeon designs were also toned down in complexity.

Meant to say 'in difficulty'

>> No.2468279

Heck, I don't complain about the difficulty level of the game. If anything, I'm upset that they gave into the crybabies and watered it down in SMW. I love the macho, he-man feeling of beating some of those levels. When you beat a game, you want that feeling of satisfaction you don't get when it's been made soft as puddling.

For example, I tried Super Mario Advance and I really didn't like it as much as the original NES SMB2 because of how much it holds your hand.

>> No.2468287

>>2468271
Why are you here?

>> No.2468290

>>2468287
Why you ask?

>> No.2468291

>>2468271
>Difficulty in some infamously hard NES games is ridiculously overrated
Not Battletoads though.

>> No.2468298

>>2468251
>Rignall described the audio and visuals as being outdated in comparison to games on the Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo Entertainment System systems
Also they apparently didn't know the game had been released in Japan two years before its North American release.

>> No.2468331

>>2468271
>Many levels can be completed with little to no platforming.
Now you're just rusing me. That maybe applies to world 1, but beyond that you'd have to be an idiot

>Often times platforming is not required, you just go right and finish the level, and these are not special cases.
So linearity and platforming are mutually exclusive.

>SMW was tightly designed, every level had though put into it.
So tightly designed that they had to greatly increase the control you were given over Mario, robbing him of all weight and momentum, right?

>> No.2468342

>being this dumb that you can't understand why SMB3 had such short levels
>not understanding the Famicom's technical limitations
Protip: You can only access 32k of program ROM and 8k of character ROM at once. The SFC could access up to 4MB at once so this wasn't an issue.

>> No.2468371

>>2468342

Why are you assuming he knows what SFC means?

How is not knowing something technical about the NES "being dumb"?

People like you are such a joke, that it actually sickens me, that you could exist and be a human, and be so fucking stupid.

>> No.2468391

>>2468371
>Why are you assuming he knows what SFC means?

Super Famicom

>People like you are such a joke, that it actually sickens me, that you could exist and be a human, and be so fucking stupid

Of course we know you are him and got spectacularly buttblasted that you've decided to project your own retardation onto others.

>> No.2468406

What happened to this board? Why are you all so angry?

>> No.2468407

>>2468136
Ah, time for /vr/'s daily "Pick a popular game and trash it" thread.

>> No.2468426

sure is alot of trolling in here.

smb3 had excellent design, it had tons of creativity and varied challenges.

most other complains are due to 8bit technical limitations.

>> No.2468437 [DELETED] 

>>2468426
That's what I tried to tell them. You can't have huge, giant levels like on SMW when there's only 32k of space to fit everything in. SMB3 is 384k in size, but only a little bit of the ROM can be accessed at any given moment.

>> No.2468452

>>2468268
>warps
>completing the game

>> No.2468460 [DELETED] 

>>2468452
It's pretty obvious that he didn't know about the warp tunnels and seemed to think you have to play through all eight worlds.

>> No.2468462 [DELETED] 

>>2468460
I agree. It would take hours to play through the whole game without warps and your hands will be ready to fall off by the time you get to World 7.

>> No.2468510

Yeah they were shorter then smb because they were full of things to do, and with a wonderful graphic for the nes.
You are also forgetting that smb3 levels have also vertical scrolling.
He could even fly, that was astounding.
Heck I am saying this and my favourite platform is s3&k, but you need to see things in the right perspective,
smb3 is a fantastic game.

>> No.2468516 [DELETED] 

>>2468510
SMB had much longer levels, however the game engine was much more primitive hence fitting everything in the available memory space wasn't an issue. SMB3 had mucho more content, hence less space for large levels.

>> No.2468524 [DELETED] 

>>2468516
IIRC, each world in the game is bank-switched plus the game banks sprites and tiles on the fly as needed. SMB for comparison is only 40k in size and the entire game ROM fits into the Famicom's address space at once.

>> No.2468536

>>2468227
>I can't think of a NES first party platform that was easier than SB3

SMB 1 & 2, Kirby's Adventure

>> No.2468537

>>2468271
>I beat Castlevania the first day I ever played it in a few hours

does it make you feel special to go on anonymous message boards and lie?

>> No.2468581

>>2468136
>Level lenght vary from too short to TOO FUCKING SHORT
How much memory capacity did the NES had?

Kids today never think about the hardware.

>> No.2468584 [DELETED] 

>>2468581
>How much memory capacity did the NES had?
That question was answered a few short posts above.

>> No.2468585

>>2468584
Yes I saw it.

>>2468342
/thread.

>> No.2468595

>>2468524
Each world. So the guys figuring that it was the cause of each level being small are wrong.

>> No.2468601 [DELETED] 

>>2468595
Right...the 40k ROM space has to contain all of the data for each world of the game, so you can see why levels had to be small.

>> No.2468605

>>2468536
>SMB 1 & 2

This is wrong on so many levels. SMB 1, specifically, is multiple times harder than SMB 3.

>Kirby's Adventure

Yes, I'll agree to this one

>> No.2468634 [DELETED] 

>>2468601
I genuinely find it hard to believe anyone would seriously be this dumb.

They could have made each level bigger and had fewer levels in the game. I suppose now you're going to claim that the OP was talking about more levels overall. Then it's a total memory capacity problem, nothing to do with banks at all.

>> No.2468637 [DELETED] 

>>2468634
>They could have made each level bigger and had fewer levels in the game

Yes and...?

>> No.2468640 [DELETED] 
File: 9 KB, 242x239, 1391899052830.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2468605
>SMB 1, specifically, is multiple times harder than SMB 3

>> No.2468641

>>2468601
I genuinely find it hard to believe anyone would seriously be this dumb.

They could have made each level bigger and had fewer levels in the game. I suppose now you're going to claim that the OP was talking about more content in each level with the same amount of levels. Then it's a total memory capacity problem, nothing to do with banks at all. Nothing to do with technical limitations of the NES other than cartridge size. Just a bunch of 4chaners who don't know anything about NES architecture trying to flaunt their non-knowledge.

>> No.2468647 [DELETED] 

I agree. Kirby isn't that hard.

>> No.2468652 [DELETED] 
File: 55 KB, 500x333, Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So...basically you're saying if they had only 3 levels per world in SMB3, then they could have had longer ones.

>> No.2468654 [DELETED] 

>>2468652
There you go, Stinky.

>> No.2468728

>>2468136

I also hated the art style. It felt very bland and colorless.

>> No.2468731

>>2468247

>if SMB3 does it it's "interesting platforming situations" but SMW does something it's just a gimmick

>> No.2468842 [DELETED] 

>>2468728
I liked it. Very simple, clean, and no-nonsense.

>> No.2468996

>>2468331
>Now you're just rusing me. That maybe applies to world 1, but beyond that you'd have to be an idiot
Nah, I'm talking about all the worlds but the last one.
You can rush and complete them in 30 seconds.

>So linearity and platforming are mutually exclusive.
I'm saying that platforming skill is not required. It's most of the time just a plain, flat level design with some annoying enemies thrown at it.

>So tightly designed that they had to greatly increase the control you were given over Mario, robbing him of all weight and momentum, right?
If you think SMW controls weren't perfect you are wrong.

>>2468537
Lol, tell me you are joking.
Castlevania isn't hard. They even give you a checkpoint before the Dracula fight (and I like it for that).
Dracula 3 is hard though.

>>2468342
I'm not saying the game is flawed because technical limitation, but because it was made with the idea of "being huge and have tons of content for the sake of having it" in mind, without actually putting much effort into something that really matters, like level design.
I don't give a shit about having more content if that somehow drops the quality of the game.

>>2468510
Yeah, they were full of gimmicks that in the end didn't matter.
The game is primarily about platforming, and the game is lacking in that department.

>>2468728
I like it. I vastly prefer SMW though.

>> No.2469017

>>2468652
Also if you take away the power ups, the enemies and other assets you could make the stages longer. But who cares people ITT prefer to say ignorant.

>> No.2469026

SMB3 committed the cardinal sin of introducing to the series (and possibly the platforming genre as a whole) the auto-scroller.

>> No.2469034

>>2469017
This thread is nothing but mental gymnastics

>> No.2469040

I don't know what Inconsistent level design even means, that doesn't make sense.
You think the levels are too short, oh well. The levels take almost the same time to finish as the original.
I don't know how the game could function without an over-world. One minute I'd be on a flying ship and the next I'd be in a desert.

Even then those gripes seem incredibly trivial. It's a game that sold millions of copies and spawned countless clones. If you didn't like it you're in the vast minority.

But you post was just bait anyway.

>> No.2469137

I hate smb3 because of how fun it is. they should've put more math problems in it.

>> No.2469206

>>2468136
>I can't get over the fact that it has some flaws that even the first SMB didn't have.

bait.jpg
No one who's actually played both would say the mini-boss guys, the koopa kids, and Bowser are more redundant than fighting Bowser 8 times in a row. Troll thread, 24 people bit. Shame on you /vr/.

>> No.2469225

>>2468136
>levels are short
I would consider this a flaw if the game didn't have so many levels. As it is it still works that you have plenty of content and it's pretty varied.
>Hubworld is basically useless because it erases the progress of the world everytime you lose, giving you no sense of completion whatsoever
I don't get what you're saying here. Do you mean you have to start at the beginning of the world if you lose a continue? Does this game even have continues? I thought a game over just sent you back to the title screen to start from scratch. Either way, it's so easy to rack up lives without trying that it's hard to care about game over punishments. That said, I think punishment is important, you SHOULD have to redo the whole world if you run out of mans otherwise the lives system becomes pointless.

>> No.2469653

It's important, but I personally like SMW a bit better

>> No.2470691

-

>> No.2471192
File: 5 KB, 251x169, 1266175991541s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2468243

>Dark Souls is an easier game than SMB3

>> No.2471387

>>2468605
>SMB 1, specifically, is multiple times harder than SMB 3.

Are you joking? SMB1 is a walk in the park. I could probably beat it blindfolded. Meanwhile, SMB3 is incredibly challenging for me and I can't clear the last few levels.

In my opinion, Mario 1, Mario 2 USA, Metroid 1, and Megaman 2, are all easier than Mario 3.

>>2471192
It is. Dark Souls isn't really 'hard', just punishing.

>>2468136

The levels were short because there were so many of them. They also didn't have checkpoints, so to fairly compare the amount of levels with Mario 1, you should divide each Mario 1 level in half at the checkpoint.

Having a huge amount of levels enabled more interesting overworld maps, which encouraged you to play the game many different ways, helping replay value. Also on a game over, the levels become unbeaten again, but all other progress on the overworld persists. This means players end up making interesting decisions about what levels to play in order to keep the most levels unlocked, or to make getting to the airship easier if it moves.

If you think the levels are uninteresting, thats... your opinion. I thought they were much more varied and interesting than Mario 1 and Mario World. This was the first Mario where world themes really had an impact on gameplay.

The bosses were just the catharsis of the airship level. The real boss was the airship level.

>> No.2471513
File: 14 KB, 250x381, Shoe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The fact that SMB3 has the GOAT suit invalidates everything you said.

>> No.2471532

>>2471513
>The invincibility suit makes the game good

Pathetic.

>> No.2471541

>>2471532
You wanna take this outside?

>> No.2471582

>>2471387
>This person exists

>> No.2471597

>>2471532
Except no because you can die with it and it's only in one level.

>> No.2471603

>>2471541
yes fight me by the tetherball court after school

>> No.2471612

>>2471597
>One powerup in one level invalidates an entire list of flaws

Moronic.

>> No.2471941

>>2468371
We're on a RETRO videogamd board, retard.

>> No.2471985

>Level design is pretty inconsistant
You mean varied?

>Level lenght vary from too short to TOO FUCKING SHORT and are mostly uninteresting design-wise
I disagree. There's a lot of cool levels in the game.

Uh, what? As you play through the world shortcuts are unlocked. It also gives value to the lives system. This is the best overworld system Mario's had dude.

I agree on this one. Still can't complain though, it's NES. This was definitely not something Mario 1 had it beat in.

>> No.2472107

>>2471612
It was a joke, you autist.
What the fuck.

>> No.2472251

>>2469206
Yeah, that was an error on my side.
I didn't meant to say that all the flaws it had were not present in SMB3. I didn't like it in SMB1 either.

>>2469225
But that's exactly what I am saying. There are too many levels, but because of that the quality of the game lowered.
It's a case of quantity over quality.

>>2471192
Yes.

>>2471387
>Having a huge amount of levels enabled more interesting overworld maps, which encouraged you to play the game many different ways, helping replay value.

I can agree to some extent. Having many levels surely made the world seems more varied, but the levels aren't great.
It's not only about shortness, it's just they were... plain. Didn't see any great platforming in there, apart from very few levels (mostly autoscrolling ones and some castles).

> Also on a game over, the levels become unbeaten again, but all other progress on the overworld persists. This means players end up making interesting decisions about what levels to play in order to keep the most levels unlocked, or to make getting to the airship easier if it moves.

I can see why someone would think like this, but for me it's just a bad way to lenghten the game.

>This was the first Mario where world themes really had an impact on gameplay.
In what way besides the ice levels?
I'm replaying it now, and the only world where the environments changed the way you could play through the level was the ice one.
Still on world 6 though.

>The bosses were just the catharsis of the airship level. The real boss was the airship level.
They were all bad, easy and repetitive.
Even the airship bosses.

>> No.2472256

>>2471985
>You mean varied?

No, I mean there are some good levels that require some effort from the player, but most of them are corridors with annoying enemies in them and subpar level design.

>Uh, what? As you play through the world shortcuts are unlocked. It also gives value to the lives system. This is the best overworld system Mario's had dude.

Mario World was better. It had a giant world, many exits, and they were there all the time to give you a great sense of completion, something Mario 3 doesn't have.

>> No.2472791

>>2471532
>goes away from one hit
>only available in one level
If anything yoshi in smw is the invincibility "suit" than kuribos shoe.

>> No.2474572

>>2468996
>You can rush and complete them in 30 seconds.
I've played this game probably 20 or 30 times. I know it like the back of my hand and you'd need to be supernaturally good to beat most levels in 30 seconds.

>I'm saying that platforming skill is not required. It's most of the time just a plain, flat level design with some annoying enemies thrown at it.
I'm playing this game right now, and I just finished world 3. So far, there was one single that you could describe like that, although I personally wouldn't. There were exactly 3 stages in the entire map that I didn't like. That's three out of twelve in one of the earlier worlds.

>If you think SMW controls weren't perfect you are wrong.
Yeah, fuck having a character with weight and momentum, let's just fling mario around like a lunatic, because having to think before you jump and adjust on the fly is haaaaaaard.

>>2472256
>Mario World was better. It had a giant world, many exits,
Worst part of the game imo.

>a great sense of completion, something Mario 3 doesn't have.
Meh. I'll take the sense of accomplishment I got after clearing the fast airship stage with small mario any day of the week.

>> No.2477413

bump

>> No.2479301

Smb3 levels were short but easily digestible.
Smb1 levels were long but had midway points.

Smb3 had 90 levels of great variety.
Smb1 had 32 levels of some variety.

Smb3 is the winner for me. The only flaws I can say are:
-can't revisit levels
-can't save

I'm aware there's a workaround for both but still.

>> No.2479305

>>2468149
>>2468158
I never really liked any Mario games.

I'm incredibly fussy when it comes to platformers.

>> No.2480397

>>2479305
Not any of those guys, what do you like in your platformers? Any examples?

>> No.2480481

> Having many levels surely made the world seems more varied,

No, that's not what he's saying at all.

> It's not only about shortness, it's just they were... plain. Didn't see any great platforming in there, apart from very few levels (mostly autoscrolling ones and some castles).

I've no idea what you're talking about. SMB3 was full of variety and interesting level design. Vastly more than SMB or any other platformer available at the time or arguably ever.

I suspect some people are coming back to a game they already probably played for many hours back in the day and expecting it to magically have new content.

>> No.2482268

>>2468136

If you don't do level exploring, they can be pretty short. But there's something to this game that makes you want to explore. "What if I fly over there", "how do I get inside this structure", "can I get into that pipe".

>> No.2482312
File: 427 KB, 200x198, 1408034431957.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2468234
>Also, the hubworld is supposed to be a board game.
How did I never realize?

>> No.2482325

>>2468251
>Rignall described the audio and visuals as being outdated in comparison to games on the Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo Entertainment System systems.
Yeah, that's fucking fair. Comparing it to a more advanced system makes sense.

>> No.2482373

>>2468406
It's slowly becoming /v/.

>> No.2482385

SMB3's short levels are concise. They focus on doing what they set out to do with no fluff, which is why they're such a joy to replay.