[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 2.25 MB, 2100x1540, lates.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2401421 No.2401421 [Reply] [Original]

This game has so much potential. but it needs fan mods to make it as good as the originals

>MSU-1 music to fix the awful music
>uncensor graphics
>Fix font
>Add SRAM saving
>add credits
>Restore missing graphical features (Ninja Gaiden 2 dark/light scene, parallax scrolling in 3)

>> No.2403191

>>2401421
It may be for the sake of completionism, but there are other stuff to fix:

> Fix the awful slowdowns (especially in Ninja Gaiden 3, that didn't happen in the NES version)
> Restore the original sound effects (especially in Ninja Gaiden 3, a lot of different sounds are replaced by simplified samples )
> Restore the missing Sound Test stuff - the graphics and stuff are there, just left unused.
> Add the option to use Y and X as additional action buttons.

Sometimes I wonder if we better simply build a remake from the scratch, as it'd consume less time and resources.
I know there's some unique beauty to romhacking, not unlike some forms of art, but I'm not sure if it's really worth it. Even the reviews at its release pointed that Tecmo just went for a quick cash-in (when stuff like Super Mario All-Stars were praised for the revamped presentation and new features).

>> No.2403241

>>2403191

I think Trilogy is a solid base for the most part. I think the graphics are nice, even if it's just the famicom graphics in 16 bit. The colors alone, lack of flickering is so nice.

>> No.2403248

>>2403191
>> Add the option to use Y and X as additional action buttons.

Oh yeah that. Y and X should be default.

>Super Mario All-Stars

Heh. I think that the remakes of 1-2 go too far and are graphically too far removed from the originals. I'm in favor of trimming them down and making them a little simpler.

>> No.2403278

>>2403248
I like the original red/yellow design for the mushroom in the originals more.