[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 469 KB, 864x486, featured-image-metal-storm-nes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2399914 No.2399914[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

In honor of the upcoming /m/ vs /vr/ match at 4CCC, can we have a retro mecha games thread?

Still need to finish this and start over Robotrek

>> No.2399923

>>2399914
Cybernator, Front Mission, Front Mission Gun Hazard, Front Mission 3, Armorer Warriors, and Cyberbots are personal favorites. The Macross shmups for NES and SNES were cool as well.

>> No.2399937

>>2399923
>The Macross shmups for NES and SNES were cool as well.

I remember borrowing one of those 30-games-in-one cart from a friend back then and it had this game. Pretty cool (dat chibi Minmei), but had more fun with Formation Z (which I learned how to turn into a plane by accident and until then always died when the ground ended)

>> No.2399946
File: 4 KB, 36x45, havoc_walk_right.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Metal Warriors

based vs mode

>> No.2399979
File: 340 KB, 600x800, 389212_original.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm partial to the Gungriffon series. The first 2 were on the Saturn. The sequels were on PS2 and original Xbox.

A fan project is available for PC and carries on the style and aesthetics of the first Saturn game.

Intro to the first Gungriffon game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ9Jvgx5sZk

>> No.2400074
File: 1.58 MB, 2130x1355, ArrowFlash_MD_EU_Box.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I also recommend Assault Suits Leynos 2 on Saturn if you enjoy Cybernator, Gun Hazard, and Metal Warriors. Also on the Saturn are Bulk Slash and Hyper Duel.

Arrow Flash is a decent shmup on Genesis/Mega Drive. Ranger-X is also a nice run & gun/platformer on the system.

Android Assault: Revenge of Bari-Arm and Devastator are okay shmups on the Sega CD.

If you enjoy the Front Mission SRPGs you can give the Super Robot Wars games a try. SRW Alpha Gaiden on the PS1 has a fan translation. If you like rail shooters check out Omega Boost on the system.

On the Dreamcast you can find Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram and Gundam Side Story 0079: Rise from the Ashes which are both pretty good. You'll want the twin stick to fully enjoy V-ON though and that can get a bit pricey.

In terms of fighters there's also Shin Kidō Senki Gundam Wing: Endless Duel on the SNES/Super Famicom, Gundam: The Battle Master 2 and Gundam: Battle Assault 2 on PS1, and Tech Romancer on Dreamcast.

>> No.2400145

Everyone here missed Battletech(Genesis/SNES) and Mechwarrior(SNES)? Of course there's also Mechwarrior 1 and 2 for PC, but those should be obvious as hell...