[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 78 KB, 580x298, ohshima_nights.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2386948 No.2386948 [Reply] [Original]

Hi people, wanna emulate something right now, lets throw me games from saturn, psx or n64, which I HAVE TO PLAY in order to not being a worthless faggot.

I've already play'd most of the psx catalog back in the days so it has to be something amazing if you want me to pay attention.

If I play your game I'll post a MEGA to picodrive, megadrive, master system or gamegear, want it? Give me a good advice.

>> No.2386958

>>2386948
I don't want your mega, whatever that is but if you let me know what kinds of games you enjoy I'll recommend some for you.

>> No.2386961

>>2386948
Astal. It's a great little side scroller.

>> No.2386979

>>2386958

It's a MEGA with the goodmerge of on of those consoles: all catalogued rooms with all their catalogued regions.

I mostly enjoy good games. I have no preference for genre, publisher or shit. I don't know how to be more specific... I would prefer something which is not an RPG or in which I have to spend a lot of hours to fully taste the game. Sidecrollers are ok, shumps from saturn too, but has to be something really great... There are some saturn pixelated games which looked really really good but I haven't play'd them... Ikaruga is the one I'm downloading right now (shump, if you dont know it).

>> No.2386981

>>2386961

That looks pretty decent but everything is too coloured and big... I don't know... will look further about it, thanks

>> No.2386991
File: 9 KB, 869x106, Capture.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is what i've available. I have more (atari, lynx, snes,... mame) but I'm not in possesion of my HD right now.

>> No.2387001
File: 80 KB, 665x470, bangaio_screen001.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2386979
>It's a MEGA with the goodmerge of on of those consoles

I literally have no idea what that means.

Anyways, saying you just like good games isn't especially helpful either since opinions can vary wildly and what one person thinks is amazing, may not appeal to another at all. What were some of your favorite PSX games?

On Saturn, Darius Gaiden is an excellent shmup.

Guardian Heroes is one of the games I've spent the most time on, it's an excellent and very fun brawler with a ton of branching paths.

Astal was a good suggestion. A well made platformer that's gorgeous.

I really like Legend of Oasis which is a somewhat Secret of Mana like action RPG.

Virtual On is very fun as well.

You didn't ask for Dreamcast games, but in my opinion Bangai-O is straight up one of the best games ever made.

>> No.2387007

>>2387001
>>2386961

Since I'm downloading Astal already I'll post the link of one of the MEGAs so the one who recommended has his reward and you can download it too and know what I'm talking about.

The archive has an .exe, it's the emulator, but I would recommend you to delete the directory with the emulator so you can download your own and also get rid of whichever suspicious about the legitimity of said executable. Two birds with one bullet.

https://mega.co.nz/#!6l1wSb4Q!hxxogrW6gqbbNtjekwE7pCjXt_JhRQO1XVPkAjfBQy4

>> No.2387029

>>2387001

PSX had too many titles I played and loved, it was the golden age of both piracy and consoles. I'll try anyways of name some titles...

Syphon Filter, specially the first.
MGS, ofc.
Klonoa, Hearth of Darkness, Abbe's Oddysey...
Future Cops (that was the one with the transformer car/robot?)
Ace Combats (but that's not something to emulate nowadays, we have betters and there is no point on useless nostalgia)
Final Fight (hell yeah, but for the coop which is not something im looking now either)
Alundra (that was sweet, really sweet), I wouldn't care to play a good ARPG if it's good since minute 0.
Grandia, Vagrant, Breath of Fire, Suikoden (but as I said classic RPGs require too much time)
FFT and other TRPG (I would give a try to one if it's really good)
Discworld, Discworld Noir, I don't specifically remember more of their kind but played some more of them.

I don't fucking know what else to say. I've already covered a lot of genres which should give you the general idea: if it's well executed and it's fun I don't ask for nothing more.

>> No.2387040

>>2387029

Castlevania! I forgot SotN... so many hours...

>> No.2387070
File: 64 KB, 640x512, LegendOasis-2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2387007
I see you're talking about ROMs now. Most of us have all the ROMs of the games we want. Or I do at any rate.

>>2387029
If you liked Alundra, then I recommend Legend of Oasis more strongly. It's different but in the same vein. It's also one of the most beautiful games ever in my opinion.

>> No.2387081

>>2387070

Yeah, I suppossed most of you already have entire collections but I guess It's better to offer what you have than offer nothing.

Legend of Oasis is a secuel to Beyond Oasis, isn't it? I didn't catch the charm of Beyond Oasis back in the days but I'll give a try to this if get to find the iso.

>> No.2387106

Well, since this seems already dead ill post the urls so anyone can download if he wants.

Would still really appreciate more suggestions but life isn't about what you want but about what you have.

>> No.2387109

>>2387106

Sega Game Gear (GoodGG v3.13).rar 55.6 MB
https://mega.co.nz/#!e5NgQQhb!J8LmPhbfORvBTe4EDRagfKv2L2p98kbJX53-Um4wcw4

Sega Master System, Mark III (GoodSMS v3.13).rar 42.5 MB
https://mega.co.nz/#!qoc3SaoK!dm9yqZSfRZcEGUs_QuDGKN8V3ITY0Mq_LAP-LRqTf3U

Sega Mega Drive, Genesis, 32X (GoodGen v3.00).rar 693.3 MB
https://mega.co.nz/#!OwtCFKRK!W8SjWC3DxyuezkL9vp_2_4LDxDVbWkJn3BKUVtV94H8

Sega Pico (GoodPico v3.1415missing62).rar 10.8 MB
https://mega.co.nz/#!6l1wSb4Q!hxxogrW6gqbbNtjekwE7pCjXt_JhRQO1XVPkAjfBQy4

>> No.2389284

>>2387109
>Sega Game Gear (GoodGG v3.13).rar 55.6 MB
>Sega Master System, Mark III (GoodSMS v3.13).rar 42.5 MB
>Sega Mega Drive, Genesis, 32X (GoodGen v3.00).rar 693.3 MB
These are kinda outdated, both GoodGG and GoodSMS reached at least v3.20, and GoodGen reached at least v3.21

>> No.2389327

>>2386948
well you don't really HAVE to play anything you don't want to, it's just a hobby after all
Racketboy has some pretty good guides for important games on each console, I recommend checking that out.

>> No.2389365
File: 190 KB, 600x840, artbook_02_hedoba.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

If you like Strategy RPGs, that generation had some of the best in my opinion. DragonForce and Shining Force III on Saturn, Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre on Playstation, and Ogre Battle on N64.
If you want less text and menus and more hands-on action, try Bulk Slash on Saturn. It's Japanese but there is not much of a language barrier. Saturn also is a goldmine for fun shmup/STGs, btw, so if you like those you can pretty much take your pick.